Why does everyone love to say that the USA is a young country...

Why does everyone love to say that the USA is a young country? We're literally the longest running country in the world right now. Our constitution is the oldest in the world.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_by_date_of_formation
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anything to quash the jealousy.

Who is this semen demon?

because compared to Europe your history as a civilized nation and no just a grass filled wasteland is relatively short
>inb4 treeniggers were civilized

Every nation in europe is just a spiritual successor to older nations. Even in the USA we don't consider the start of our history to be when we had the articles of confederation, we say that our country began when we implemented the constitution.

RandomYoko

>longest running country
I'm not sure what you mean by that. We've been around a while now but we're still quite young compared to the old world and we're all rapidly changing.

By what measure are we quite young? The only measure that counts, the age of our constitution, is what I'm using. Our constitution is the longest running one in the world currently.

>The only measure that counts, the age of our constitution
the people and what was here before norways current constitution doesnt matter? of course it does. constitutions and declerations are great and all, but there is more to a country than that.
our constitution might be younger than yours, but we still existed longer than you as a people and as a country, sure we might not have had the same piece of paper defining us at all times.

Where was america 400-500 years ago? it wasnt there (unless you count native sub-humans as yourself) yet, 400-500 years ago norway was there and its people (which is what matters) where there.
infact, our country was founded under Harald Hårfagre at the end of the viking era. 900 years ago.

no we didnt have the same piece of paper defining us, but ultimately its the people who define the country.

>grass filled wasteland

Why do Euro-cucks always try to use that Russian meme on US?

>"europe was built on history america on philosophy"
Any American who doesn't recognize European philosophy for our country is stupid

>i found a spot that goes against your narrative
>That means that the tendencies of what you accused us of doesnt exist.

>blah blah blah muh people not muh paper
You're talking subjective gobbledegook. The age of the constitution is the only objective means we have to measure the age of a country.

Must... not... race mix....

>My physical paper is objective
>your ancestors are subjective

literally what..?

If your country is older than mine, trace its history back 900 years then..

>a spot

There's parts of Nevada that are more hospitable than 60% of your country, Noway..

You're obtuse.

900 years back your ancestors were raiding barbarian tribes like the aztecs. What is your point? It wasn't a coherent nation, even.

>muh constitution
>muh liberal dogma

Americans are so silly. Religious silly billies.

It's a school day tomorrow, go to bed.

Ask your teacher about not distorting data to fit your preexisting opinion.
>Portugal was founded in 1140...

Your should read a book or travel sometime.

>that are more hospitable than 60% of your country
Depends if youre a pussy or not.

you'd be surprised where we settle, pic related

>2 houses

Kek

>muh one spot

>It wasn't a coherent nation, even.
As i said, 900 years ago Harald Hårfagre made us a country.

900 ago your ancestor where being raped by mine, dont go there

magna carta

>muh nevada is hospitable to humans
>posts picture with no human traces of it.

there is no objectivity to that, if americans wont settle in that field, but us norwegians dont mind settling under mountains, norway is more hospitable,

It is true that European philosophy preceded America, and it was this philosophy (specifically that which originated with Aristotle and culminated much later in the Enlightenment) that made America.

This being said, the Eurocucks may have created it and written about it, but we lived it.

This post is so stupid it made my head hurt. Thanks, asshole. You are why most other nations look down on us. You are what happens when cousins fuck. You are the sort of person who ignores the signs for gators in Florida, and leaves their children unattended. Every part of that statement is wrong, (there are CITIES that have been inhabited longer than most of known history, let alone America, let alone countries), you fucking turd. People like you are why I drink.

I don't know what bizzaro world you come from, where this statement could be fact, but please go back. We have enough problems here on Sup Forums, we don't need another moron voicing statements that could be disproved in 2 microseconds using google. Please, snort car exhaust and do this country a favor by removing yourself from the genepool. You white-trash hillperson. How can someone so stupid as to believe this even feed themselves, let alone use a computer?

>but we lived it

shit. Burger posting in Germany.

>we don't need another moron voicing statements that could be disproved in 2 microseconds using google
>google
pic related

Holy shit you're a fucking retard

kek
constitutions don't make countries, it's the other way around moron.

>posts picture with no human traces

Hospitable means favorable living conditions you dumb-ass, if you get a picture of a house in Siberia, it doesn't actually mean that it's hospitable.

This is the level of intelligence I have to put up with because of the internet.

>baka

>MUH GRASSY WASTELAND

>muh constitution
What about countries with uncodified constitutions? Do they not exist in your mind or something?

That's funny. Thank you.

>but we lived it.
as if we dont have republics in europe or libertarian principles where implemented somewhere in europe.

What's the oldest country in the world
and what's the oldest constitution ever made?

this pasta was reheated perfectly

One might answer that San Marino, Japan, or China is the world's oldest country and still be accurate. Let's take a closer look at the three countries mentioned by Rosenberg. Japan: Japan often claims to be the oldest country in the world: in 660 BCE the Emperor Jimmu (神武天皇)established the country.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_by_date_of_formation

>if you get a picture of a house in Siberia, it doesn't actually mean that it's hospitable
>Hospitable living is an objective measure and i get to define it

dear lord, bless your ignorance

>'h-hey guyz! we have a republic too!'
That's cute norcuck.

>muh libertarian principles
>rest of sentence unintelligible
kys

>uncodified constitution
They shouldn't even be recognized by the international community.

>the UK shouldn't be recognized

Ooh, I know this one. What is a "charter"?

But seriously, Magna Carta isn't a constitution. The UK has an uncodified constitution. Their current government definitely predates the US in some sense, but it's hard to pinpoint exact dates, because it's sort of in perpetual flux.

The government is old but the people are young

There have been European ethnicities for a long time, but the American did not come about until the first immigrants here.

Unless you count Natives, but even they did not consider themselves America, but of their tribe.

we wuz magna condoms n shiet

Uninterrupted or what? If you counted Rome as a political entity, it's still going, just now it's leader wears a funny hat instead of a laurel wreath.

This guy has it right. A piece of paper doesn't make a country. Hell, ours is only unique in that it's the oldest constitution still USED, there are plenty similar documents that are older, but no longer applicable.

>implying they should
>muh common law

America is number 1 baby, you can't talk yourselves out of this.

America are just provinces of Britain desu.

>muh peoples make a country
By that logic, every immigrant to a foreign country is perpetually a citizen of their old country. By that logic there is no such thing a countries period because of constant human migration over thousands of years.

>one house in Antarctica defines the entire continent as being hospitable

Bless your fuck-stupid levels of intelligence.

but muh 18 billion year old african space empire!

> Longest running country in the world

How, please?
Even if you don't count previous incarnations of European States like France or Italy, what about the United Kingdom? Or Portugal?

>101559113
The founders saw themselves as Englishmen obtaining their racial rights, not as "Americans".

Not really. If we took out all of the Americans of today and replaced them with say Nigerians, the country would be very different.

If the Chinese got here first and set up the country, it would be very different.

>American education

pic related is Denmark first official constitution.

and you can go back the the 6th century to find written Greek text about my tribe and their land (which is exactly the same land we have today).

You done dumb.

habitability=/=inhabitedness

Read the post I responded to and try again. He is saying that people alone can determine a country and that a country is still the same even after radical shifts in government.

but you don't use it in any way whatsoever
I bet you can't even read those fucked up monoliths

i never stated norway had a republic you illiterate tard.

american education strikes again.

>Even if you don't count previous incarnations of European States like France or Italy

What do you mean ? France has veen a distinct and unified country for more than a millenium

fucking idiot

"Lets just ignore the Rockies and all of the other geographical features that are littered throughout the US, and focus on the central plains only." - a fucking moron

He's counting based on constitution ratification, which is just moving the goalposts.

They wanted to protect their business interests, not their racial interests. Even on Sup Forums not everything is about niggers and Jews. And if you're talking about cultural identity, most of us still thought of ourselves as English. Just ask New York City, the entire place was WILLINGLY occupied by limey troops during the revolution. We just wanted better representation in parliament, and when they wouldn't give it, we got pissy.

>you can't talk yourselves out of this
no, you just dont dare to read the thread

Seems like primo location for a black metal music video desu

>They wanted to protect their business interests, not their racial interests.
They of course had political conflicts with the state, but they still saw all Englishmen as the same as themselves, they only disagreed with having less rights as overseas provinces of the crown.

fuck outta here france, you've been though five republics, ten kings, and a fucking emperor since the US constitution

>their business interests, not their racial interests.
He means to say they felt they weren't being treated as proper land-owning Englishmen.

its not defineable you dumbass
its subjective

>every immigrant to a foreign country is perpetually a citizen of their old country
correct, unless you completely conquer it and redefine yourself within that new conquered area.

>and that a country is still the same even after radical shifts in government
radical shifts in government happen because of radical shifts in people

>bet you can't even read those fucked up monoliths
I can by that is besides the point.

>but you don't use it in any way whatsoever
oh we do. Its the reason why we cant have separation of state and church. In Denmark you are born as part of the Christian state church because as it says on the stones: "The Danes are Christian".

Actually 4 kings and 2 emperors. And so what ? I don't see your point, spain becoming a monarchy again after the death of franco doesn't mean it'd became an entirely new country you fat cunt

>oh we do. Its the reason why we cant have separation of state and church. In Denmark you are born as part of the Christian state church because as it says on the stones: "The Danes are Christian".
Really? thats fucking cool.
should give legal reason to kick out muzzies and jews though.

yes it does

no it doesn't
the people define the country, the government doesnt.

Well you can live in Denmark and not be a protestant Christian. However the state is not allowed and unable to support any other religion with funding for churches, events and such.

That is the reason we only got ONE synagogue and only one REAL mosque (rest are just normal houses and basements used as mosques by the shitskin muzzies).

>Really? thats fucking cool.
Never wondered why your flag looks like it does? Its just the danish Christian Dannebrog with an extra blue cross.

>mfw Scandifags have best flags

Nice bait OP.

>Guaranteed replies from butthurt Euros

I agree this is a valid way of looking at the issue. Careful. In America you would be called a NAZI WHO LITERALLY WANTS TO KILL JEWS AND BLACKS.

Sweden formed 1397, and swedes lived here thousands of years before that. America is young, and Finland is not even 200 year old.

>and Finland is not even 200 year old.
you just had to fling the first turd at them, didnt you?

You are right! There is the state, and then there's the nation.

>Sweden formed 1397

So same year you were put beneath the danish crown? How convenient for you Svensker.

>Kalmar 1397 to 1523

Sweden was a mistake.

>thinking people and nations are the same thing

A FUCKING ROCK

my house is older than your country.

>ethnicity is nationality
italy isn't rome even though it's in the same place and many italians probably have roman ancestry.

I think OP means real countries, it's a lot easier to maintain some igloo's for a couple hundred years and call it a country than actually having a government.

That part of sweden used to be denmark. Innan dess var norge och sverige samma land under kung magnus.

nobody said ethnicity is nationality you idiot. Else all Germanics would be considered one nation.

And Rome fell and was conquered and resettled (unfortunately). Denmark was not. The same idiotic autistic fishermen who lived here 2000 years ago and according to Greek texts from the 6th hundred called themselves "Danes" still do. Our great civil war and confederation was in the 8th century against the Jutes.

I am just being an ass Svensker and living up to my salty Dane rep.

Shut up, spaghetti nigger!

This snow nigger can't even see the difference between red and green.

"denmark" from 2000 years ago is not the same denmark you live in now. it was in the same place, and you may share the same dna, but it had a different government, culture, and defining values. some viking would be just as out of place in modern denmark as you would be if you were put on a plane and sent to cambodia.

Shares flag with mexico and iran

ofc it has after all been a long while.

Does not change the fact that the people who lived here considered this landmass theirs and called it as such. The very basics of a country. We even use the same names as back then (my father is called Holger and his brother Knud for instance).

oh and some American settler from 200 years ago would be completely out of place in modern day America.

Stop being an idiot burger.

Fuck.