Get through 4 interviews for a job

>Get through 4 interviews for a job
>A month after the last interview, send thank you email, no reply
>Been checking my application on their site, no updates, except the job was reposted
>Job application is still not closed
>Resend them another thank you email

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QUzHSV2z3HY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

politics or current events...

Get a deep and dark tan.
Say you're a gay minority.

BOOM
HIRED.

Chin up user

Be a girl next time.

its current events, its the job market

>apply for a job at in data entry
>no response
>reapply, calling myself biracial/ half hispanic
>called in for an interview within 15 minutes
>basically this happens
being white without connections stinks

youtube.com/watch?v=QUzHSV2z3HY

Post your resume and I will offer some constructive criticism. What industry are you trying to get into?

Same here on beanland m8. Even with a degree is hard to find a job at a dying year.

It's what they do, OP

Next time, don't wait. Just keep submitting and going for interviews until they contact you to say you're in

I dont need constructive critiicism, I get interviews base on my past work expereince and my resume, the problem is these employers who dont bother closing their jobs or just contacting the guys who went through 3,4,5 interviews

Drop that your mother and grandmother were jews

Son, young kids these days don't know how to be a man and get a job.

Go on down to Men's Wearhouse and buy the largest, boxiest suit you can find. Put it on and print out two dozen copies of your resume and go door to door downtown asking for a job. Introduce yourself with a firm handshake and make eye contact, don't take no for an answer, and you'll find a place that will want you to start on Monday. Too many kids think they have to "send an email" or "send a twitter" to get a job! Get real!

Kids these days.

Because border guards can afford jackets.

They obviously don't want you or they would've contacted you back by now. Suck it up and look elsewhere, kid.

>tfw higher grades and more work experience than women and foreigners in my degree
>they all got jobs easily (even non fucking permanent residents) and I still haven't got anything

I love multiculturalism.

This.

I did this in the mid-80s with nothing but a highschool diploma and got a job in a week, worked my way up and am currently making 90k a year.

And you kids got it even easier.

See I know you're joking, but the problem is practical jokers like you get vulnerable people thinking this will actually work.

I got my permanent employment by starting out as a temp through an agency. That's how I would go about doing it if I had few other prospects.

You're the type of person to say to show dominance by breaking the car salesman's hand; sounds good in theory but in practice you get tossed in the slammer.

>A month after the last interview, send thank you email
>A month after, send thank you
>send thank you a month after
Why do all you Millennials act too entitled and think you're owed a job by society?

PRO TIP: send the fucking thank you email on the same fucking day. Then send a written thank you by snail mail the very next day.

>did this in the mid-80s with nothing but a highschool diploma a
Are you LARPing or are you old?

>send the fucking thank you email on the same fucking day. Then send a written thank you by snail mail the very next day.
WTF?

Get a load of this punk!

Kids like you will never make it, in the old days kids like you would get what's coming!

(Interviews) are a fucking meme. Maybe 1/10 people are impressive enough and have social acumen to woo an interviewer, but most do not.

You simply lacks Vitamin C. AKA Connections.

A bumbling retard can out compete autistic genius by simply knowing the right people.

>t. A bumbling retard.

Son, I am in the prime of my life. Last of 3 kids just moved out, finished paying off my second summer home and getting ready to retire on my fat pension.

You outta look up to a man like me, I could teach you a thing or two.

Why are you thanking them?

I'm not joking, that's how you find a job. Oversized suits and confidence, haven't you ever seen the movie Wall Street with Michael Douglas?

Right on.

You obviously have never applied to a real company that has an HR department or just work a job a highschooler could do.

You have to thank Goldstein and Shekelberg for the honour of their mere consideration for you. They don't have to tell you anything about the results or whether you're not considered anymore though. They just don't email you ever again.

>implying the professional world has not changed since the 80s.
do you people ever think?

B8

>get retail job
>work for 2 weeks early mornings
>afterwards spend the next 3 weeks without any hours checking in if they have anything for me
>after 3rd week stop checking
>never get a call if they fired me or anything
what did they mean by this?

same day you send an email saying how nice it was to meet them in person and expressing your gratitude and appreciation for the opportunity to interview for the position.

next day, you send a hallmark type Thank You card or just a nice piece of stationary and you scribble out another message thanking them for taking the time to meet with you to discuss potential employment opportunities. Drop that shit in the mail and wait for the phone to ring.

>Why are you thanking them?
In American job market, we have a lot of competition so it's necessary to find methods to stand out and get noticed by potential employers. A good way to do that is by showing how much you want the job. Thank you card also implies that you will have good customer service skills.

Retail has high turnover, they know you left

did you get your paycheck? Holiday season right now is the busiest time of the year, so you should have hours. Some employers are real dicks, but it's up to you to speak up for yourself and let them know that you can't be kept in the dark when it comes to scheduling and so forth. Don't let them walk all over you now or it'll never end. You gotta nip that bad behavior in the bud.

If you know their phone, call them. Sending emails is for cucks and lazy millenshits. You have to be aggressive with HR fuckers. They like that. You have to let them know in the most "in-your-face" way that you want the job.

>apply to many different jobs
>none of them hire you
>keep on
>again, no one hires you
>keep on
>no one hires you, yet again
>meanwhile, Jamal and Laqueesha who both dropped out of high school are the ones who get the job
>say "fuck it" and decide to play video games
>some idiot on the Internet shouts at millenials for being jobless

Like fucking pottery.

Anyone looking for some spending money should look into UPS. They're hiring a shitload of driver helpers, recently got the job myself.
>Spend a third of the shift sitting in the truck as we drive to different areas
>Take packages to the door, knock, and go back to the truck
>Get a decent workout doing it between all the walking, jogging, and lifting you do
Only shitty part is delivering to nice end apartments because you either need to know the code to get inside or be buzzed in, and people are assholes.
>Buzz the person I have a package for
>They answer on intercom "Hello?"
>"UPS"
>They hang up and don't let me in
>Have to buzz their neighbors until someone lets me inside
>The person is literally waiting at the door with it open for me
But yeah, I'm getting good hours and exercise, not a bad gig

Welcome to America.

Should clarify this is seasonal work. Once christmas season is done they'll let you go, potentially offer a permanent job if you do good

>send a twitter

>meanwhile, Jamal and Laqueesha who both dropped out of high school are the ones who get the job

so it's not just me then