How does Trump feel about privatized prisons, Sup Forums?

How does Trump feel about privatized prisons, Sup Forums?

Will he put a stop to it?

Other urls found in this thread:

justice.gov/opa/blog/phasing-out-our-use-private-prisons
prisonlegalnews.org/news/2015/jul/31/report-finds-two-thirds-private-prison-contracts-include-lockup-quotas/
washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/04/28/how-for-profit-prisons-have-become-the-biggest-lobby-no-one-is-talking-about/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Whats wrong with profiting of prisoners? I think prison labor should be used instead of illegals picking crops and such.

Because it keeps people in prison for longer than they need to be in prison, and can influence the judicial system to send more people to prison who shouldn't be.

Maybe, I kind of agree that prison should be a state run institution, it's one of the few things the state is good at.

moot issue. are you even american?

justice.gov/opa/blog/phasing-out-our-use-private-prisons

now before you virgins get wet and run away, remember: only share this news using exact quotes or preferablly, links to justice.gov

this is going to take along time. the key is the feedback loop worked and justice is way cooler than they get credit for

Guarantee Trump is in favor of privatized prisons. He's blue pilled about the role of private business and government.

Too much overhead. For every 10 prison laborers, you probably need 4 employees as administration and guards to manage and secure the situation. Not worth it.

Yeah I have no issue with government prisons. It's mostly just the CCA that are literally corrupt fucks.

Private prisons are run better. Also lol at people that STILL drank the kool-aide about private prisons using prison labor to "profit". Every state and federal prison does this too...and it's not for profit. It to give these fucks something to do.
Private prisons profit from the money the government pays them. Private prisons are like private schools, they just do better.

>Private prisons are run better.
Uh, no. You should really research the topic. Private prisons are run much, much worse. They cost more money and deliver worse service. Many states are starting to get rid of private prisons because they're too expensive and they're run like shit.

The difference is that private prisons profit from having more people in prisons, not the labor being done, but the incentive to put more people in prison needlessly.

This. I want prisons run by the zero-accountability government, exclusively. Under the current system prisoners are getting better food than our active-duty military and better healthcare than our veterans. Felons need a healthy dose of federal apathy.

Private prisons are federally subsidized though

That's shitty then, has ever really spoken about it?

This is not even close to true. As someone who has been in the military and works in healthcare I guarantee you prisoners are not getting better care. I've had prisoners come in for treatment. They always get delayed and poor treatment. We've had guys who had heart attacks in the local prison who didn't even arrive at the hospital until 6+ hours later because of delays in treatment from the prison system. It's a popular meme that prisoners get better treatment, but in reality prisoners get the bare minimum required by the law.

He'll probably open up his own chain of Trump Prison Hotels.

Only heard of this in the last week: prisons in the UK get a bonus of (a few thousand pounds = half that many US dollars) if women do NOT get re-convicted in ? years - iirc it was 3 years?

We have as prisoner in this state getting gender reassignment surgery and the VA still has me in line to get this crack in my tooth fixed six years after leaving the Navy, and I cracked it on a bone in one of the Navy's grade D ground beef patties.
You cram your anecdote back up your lying ass.

>it keeps people in prison for longer than they need to be in prison
The prison doesn't decide the sentence length, the court does.

> and can influence the judicial system to send more people to prison who shouldn't be.
That's a problem with corrupt judges, not with private prisons.

only pieces of shit go to prison. I don't give a fuck if private companies make money off of them.

States can be fined if they go below occupancy minimums set by the CCA though.

>teeth
Good luck, fag. No one in America covers dental. Private, military or prison you're fucked with teeth. I'm not defending it but you're more likely to get AIDS medicine or gender reassignment than dental. Why? Because one gender reassignment is rare and cheap. Your state has probably spent less than $30K in its entire history on that. But dental would literally cost them millions because everyone has teeth. As someone who works in healthcare let me tell you it's all about profit, not healthcare.

Why did you edit it?
The arm should be black, after all.

Can confirm I have health insurance, and they wouldn't cover dental. I had to start a payment plan to get a root canal, and my mom can't get dentures.

Those occupancy minimums are in certain contracts between the CCA and a particular state. Not an argument against private prisons, more of an argument against states' negotiation incompetence.

Epic post, now how about you don't derail the thread, and actually contribute next time.

There is no "minimum occupancy". Stop shitposting

>privatized prisons

I would only support it if they made like a damn funhouse or a horror themed prison just to see how the prisoners would react.

Companies socializing the cost of labor while taxpayers foot the bill? Yeah, fuck that.

The very idea of an occupancy minimum for a prison is ridiculous though, and making a state pay up for having less felons is ridiculous. It incentivizes prisons to keep people in when they shouldn't be.

But they can't ya dingus. Prisons don't convict, they don't sentence, and they don't dictate length of stay ( which is the "sentence" part but you seemed dumb enough to need this explained)

What are you talking about?

prisonlegalnews.org/news/2015/jul/31/report-finds-two-thirds-private-prison-contracts-include-lockup-quotas/

Meh, the states can just transfer prisoners from their prisons then. It's not like private prisons have closed any state or federal prisons.

Prisons lobby for mandatory sentencing laws to guarantee more business. Prisons also bribe judges for convictions. All a matter of confirmed public record. This is not conjecture, it's a fact.

washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/04/28/how-for-profit-prisons-have-become-the-biggest-lobby-no-one-is-talking-about/

We aren't trying to make any irl movie monsters.

>being this much of a bleeding heart libtard
Move to southside Chicago or northside Milwaukee and get redpilled on thugs.

Here's a wild idea, what if the prisons helped those pieces of shit to be proper members of society, and actually acted as 'correctional' facilities. You not giving an attitude like that just makes the system stay the same so as to make a profit, and by that I mean not at all helpful to anyone in or out of prison.

>White prisoner
What did (((they))) mean by this?