en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Singapore
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Pearl_Harbor#Japanese_declaration_of_war
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Panay_(PR-5)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes

Why did he post this

whats wrong?

he's probably a nerd regarding military history

I bet we surprised France pretty nice, not once but twice.

the power of the white cock

Reminds me of #trudeaueulogies

Yes. The Japanese revolutionized how aircraft carriers were used in war.

Damn, why the fuck did they start the war then if they knew they could not win a prolonged one?

He is not wrong but we had the opportunity to avoid the attacks hours earlier if the transmittor people took the signals seriously and acted quickly, instead of thinking it was airshipments.

When the Japs attacked HK and Malaysia did the also only target military sites?

Japs are not smart

delet this! it was a terrible attack! they were shit u bigot!

to be fair the Japanese are just autistic

They assumed, like the autistic east asians they are, that a country that isn't "currently" building up an army or navy will never build up a navy, even if it is attacked.

Obviously they were wrong. Although they had a good reason for their beliefs. They had "accidentally" bombed US ships three times before Pearl Harbor during the Japanese invasion of China and the US only asked to be reimbursed in money.

kek

what do you think?

Oil embargo, if they did nothing they would certainly run out

Idea was to hit hard and fast and hopefully convince the US to stay out of it.

Kinda backfired.

because hes gloating. hes taunting the kikes. moonman wont be denied.

To subliminally undermine the Trump deal

Yes, most historians will agree with him.

We shouldn't be mad at all about what the Japs did. It was a respectable attack, they had every right to fight us. Any country that wants to fight has the right to. They also have the right to be absolutely BTFO in response, which is exactly what we did to them, which was our right. The idea that nations can't attack each other is silly, right of conquest is the law of nature.

japan and germany were in the same position. they had to make a move in order to survive, but they only had enough economic resources for a short but very intensive war. once the war turned into a battle of attrition, the country with the most men to and machines would inevitably win (soviet union, USA).

>It was a respectable attack,

More of a niggeredly sucker punch, IMO. But Pearl Harbor was allowed to happen.

He's a history professor. This is how they talk.

They were basically out of options

They knew that they needed supplies and the only way to get said supplies was to attack teh British Empire.

However that lead to the US embargoing them limiting their access to oil, which they needed to keep control of China.

So they had to take on the US. Their hope for Pearl Harbor is that a quick punch to the face would cause the US to end the embargo and give up almost immediately.

Their autism and lack of understanding of western culture (which they see as below them and not worthy of notice) led them to an incorrect conclusion.

Because December 7th, A day that will live in infamy

"Professional brilliance" is probably wrong, though.
Starting a war with USA, Britain, France, Netherlands, Australia and New Zealand all at the same time while already knee-deep in a war with China was dumb as fuck

>more surprising than 911

wew

>surprise

Sure Newt. It was a complete surprise.

Yes but it was their only play if they wanted to fight against the behemoth that is the United States. The fact that they tried taking us on when we were so clearly superior (they even knew this themselves) was a balls to the wall play, and I respect it.

They were running out of resources.

kek thanks for the insight nippanon

The Japanese should have taken Midway and hawaii in that first attack

Japan was fucked without its oil imports, it could never maintain control of East Asia if it couldn't fuel vehicles.

I don't know if Pearl Harbor was allowed to happen or not,but since FDR knew he would win either way it didn't matter.

It's December 7th, he tried posting something relevant.

>widest surprise

Reread

Yes, but that isn't a post an American should make today. Today isn't the day to be a military history nerd. We were attacked. Unprovoked. Thousands Americans died. Our Naval force was significantly lessoned. It was a horrible day.

I suppose, but still seems anti-bushido that was so important back then.

Invading Singapore on bikes was pretty based.

I agree, shame they couldn't get enough from the Philippines but there's loads of reports that they knew the Japanese were coming and let it happen.

Maybe they thought they could do a Hitler and repeat what the Germans did in Poland and France

Yes

and reminder that Japanese were forced into war over FDR's oil embargo trying to get Japan out of China.

It was their "ideology" meme.

And wasn't it based on a miscommunication based on translating the mood of a certain phrase incorrectly? Like, instead of "we may attack December 7, please respond", it got translated as something else? that part is foggy, but it was double our fault

To them, fighting a losing a war was worse than what the U.S. was doing to them in the long run economically

There are fascinating translations of notes taken at cabinet meetings for well over a year prior to decision for war. Worth 100% the time.

He is a huge history buff.

You really think bushido means no underhanded tactics? Ultimately you win honor by serving your lord and by killing his enemies. A surprise attack is still honorable if you win.

They were facing an oil embargo which they needed to do something about if they wanted to continue fighting in China. Their options were either to expand further into China and parts of Russia, or take the oil in the south Pacific. There were politics between the Navy and Army, and the Navy's plan won out. Talk shit about the Japs all you want, but their Navy was a first class force for most of the war.

The Navy's hope was to knock out the US fleet and build up a defensive line throughout the Pacific that would be strong enough that the US would eventually give up on trying to fight back. After that the Japanese would be free to continue campaigning in China and the rest of the far east.

It didn't work obviously.

Just because you get a report doesn't mean you believe it.

Stalin refused to believe Hitler was invading and violating Molotov-Ribbentrop until it was too late at least until Operation Barbarossa got bogged down deep in USSR territory.

Isoroku Yamamoto was a brilliant military strategist and inventor, but his opinions often went counter to the rest of the Japanese military. He's also famously quoted for saying "If you invade the [Mainland] United States, there will be a gun behind every blade of grass." Unsurprisingly, he told people like Hideki Tojo not to go to war with America. They didn't listen, but Yamamoto was nothing if not loyal. Can't say he didn't try his best, he even invented a new type of torpedo designed especially for the shallow waters of Pearl Harbor.

Perhaps it was a mercy then, that he would die in a plane crash in 1942.

Perhaps the most interesting of the early sweep of Japanese successes in 1941/42.

youtube.com/watch?v=pbszSQaIGz8

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Singapore

>Unprovoked.
??'

Because he's leaving for the Japanese/Nazi moonbase

Ok so the Jews have their thing

Euro-identity-fags have the Nazi thing

Japan has the imperial thing

Are other countries just cucks?

Should the only races to walk this earth be Jews, Whites, and Japs?

>running out of resources
>start a war with 2 global powers and their friends
???

Kek. Maybe if these peoples' families weren't such pussies, they would have survived Pearl Harbor.

dont know if you know this, but every great power was imperial and had colonies all over the place, thats what you did as a great power, japan was a great power

>American lecturing a Jap on bushido

Sort of

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Pearl_Harbor#Japanese_declaration_of_war

There were those opposed to it on the grounds it was underhanded, but they were overwhelmed.

I read a paper once that said if Japan had focused more on weapon development and production and less of the spiritual stuff, the war might have gone much different.

Because they knew their empire was not sustainable due to a looming shortage of resources and they either needed to expand to capture resource-rich lands or their imperial dreams would be over. Their only option was to act fast, and they were hoping that they could cripple the US for long enough to where they would be well prepared for a US retaliation by the time it happened. However, the US rebuilt its fleet a lot sooner than expected, and we know what happened next.

Ironically, it was the US who pushed Japan into having aspirations of an empire in the first place. The US initially made Japan its protege in hopes that it would be puppet empire in the East where it would colonize the Pacific and keep Asia in check.

>attack base that has all the aircraft carriers
>all the aircraft carriers are out on training mission

pure coincidence

>You're waiting patiently in line at the store
>Day dreaming about fucking your wife
>The guy behind you suddenly slaps you in the back of the head displaying professional brilliance and technological power launching his surprise

I love this documentary, good post m8

Japanese militarist mentality wouldn't have allowed it, but say they don't attack the US, only britain and the netherlands. What happens?

>just sell oil to Japan who cares if it could make them strong enough to invade you

I'm glad you don't run anyone's war department

>I read a paper once that said if Japan had focused more on weapon development and production and less of the spiritual stuff, the war might have gone much different.
They did start the war with the best plane, the Zero, the best torpedo, and more carriers. But losing said carriers probably did more to losing it. One can only wonder what might have been had they had a few things. Namely a better industry.

Here you go lads, nice piece of evidence from Japanese cabinet meeting.

(captcha = pizza)

Whoa, sauce on that last paragraph?

<
Banzai rushing a machine gun nest is a waste of troops though. They made some amazing things, but used them retardedly.

Shifty japs

You misinterpret Bushido. It wasn't like European honor, where being cunning is cowardly. It was rooted in the ideas of Sun Tzu and warfare being a mental game.

Japanese military intelligence was quite possibly worse than than anyone else except joke players like Italy. It's not surprising they would have dropped the ball on that.

I never understood Japan's thought process when they decided to attack the people they wanted oil from.
Were they planning on taking it by conquering america? Did they actually think they were capable of that?

he's some lame ass english teacher not a jap

It's hard to have an industry competitive with the US when your country is smaller than California alone

The Germans really were miracle workers in that respect

Germany is barely larger than New Mexico

Do you really consider refusing to do business with someone as provocation? If a store does not want to sell bongs to minors, should they bomb the store?

Not everyone is military or a teacher Moomin.

There's already multiple anons explaining it above. They needed oil to continue their war efforts. The other option was getting even deeper into Russian territory, which had a much less likely chance for success and would cost way more lives.

>lack of understanding of western culture
they...miscalculated.

Yeah, it's really kind of heart-wrenching how loyalty drove really valorous, talented commanders to go against their best judgement and consciences and work for the Axis Powers. Japan had Isoroku Yamamoto, Germany had Erwin Rommel, Italy...

So like I say, tragic how Yamamoto and Rommel wasted themselves serving Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan. And I mean tragic in the classical sense, a hero being brought down by their one glaring hamartia, their loyalty to their nation.

Is Pearl Harbour the American Holocaust?
>I had family that survived xyz

Give me a Break.

They believed the US + Britain would stop them if they seized dutch east indies oilfields, which would result in war.

Either way they believed the faced war. Doing nothing and declining they felt was worse than going to war.

You're still one, so what's your point other than being an assblasted english teacher?

December 7th was an inside job

no, because one happened and the other didn't

NEWT is fucking based
love him

No one can read actual histories of the Imperial Japanese war machine and not come away shocked at their inferiority. If a rabid gorilla got loose in a populated area, it would take people by surprise, cause some damage, and then be put down.

>using oil ships in 2016

Nigga are you TRYING to get spotted? No one is stupid enough to use oil based ships outside Russia.

I'm not saying that i agree or disagree with the course of action. But Japan was indeed provoked

If the store refuses to sell you medicine that keeps you alive, then yes, it's a provocation

Hi Finland.

No, I work an office job. How's no sunlight and being too shitty for dune coons treating you?

Why do you think Tom Cruise was the Last Samurai?

During the Japanese invasion of China, the Jap would occasionally bomb neutral US merchant vessels.

Even though it was typically on accident the US was within it's right to justifiably declare war. However the US only ever asked to be paid some form of remittance. The Japanese saw this as a sign of "weakness" and assumed if they bombed Pearl Harbor we would just end the oil embargo because "it would be cheaper" than going to war.

Here's one of the US navy boats bombed in 1937 by the Japanese.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Panay_(PR-5)

>What is khalkin gol

USSR reserves would make Japan their bitch

don't bully finland it's a great country

>The US initially made Japan its protege in hopes that it would be puppet empire in the East where it would colonize the Pacific and keep Asia in check.

we more or less got what we wanted.

hello there amerimutt

A lot better than your shitty job as an english teacher

>dude don't talk about it
fuck off, you cuck. Military spirit is the greatest virtue.

>Irrelevant country trying to insult America and some random jap
Loving every laugh

By my post, I meant that you can only post here if you haven't lost your national sovereignty to a foreign country in war concessions

Ice desert and alcoholism.

Here's one last (You), hopefully it'll help you stave off the winter depression.

The Last Samurai is based on French soldier Jules Brunet who was part of the 1867 military mission to Japan and joined and trained the Shogunate army during the Boshin war.

Stop with the dumb amerifat revisionism.