How old were you when you grew out of atheism?

How old were you when you grew out of atheism?

Other urls found in this thread:

phys.org/news/2015-02-big-quantum-equation-universe.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

24 or maybe 23. My life has improved immeasurably since.

24 for me. God I was a cringy faggot.

after teenage rebellion. So like 18.

I'm 26.

t. 19 year old.

cucks

Never believed in it. Figured out that science can't be everything at like 12

How can you be Jewish and athiest

About 20.

When you "grow out" of atheism, what do you do next?

>you accept jesus fucking christ as your lord and saviour

>How old were you when you grew out of atheism?
you cant grow out of a red pill,user

Try to reach enlightenment.

that's why OP is asking when you took it

Never were religious, I did get the confirmation church thing though. I still don't belive in God but I respect Christians.

After the 15th miracle that made me realize I was no longer being trolled by mortal hands.

Realize and appreciate, but don't necessarily follow, that certain religions are good and they have just purposes in ones life.

That both his eyes look into different directions may indicate an Exophthalmus caused by Morbus basedown a thyroid related malfunction. Thyroid health has great impact on your psychological health.

How many people "grew out of atheism" but are still atheists? That always seems to be the case for you faggots on Sup Forums.

I mean, I'm nonreligious. I feel like the fedoras have ruined the term 'atheism' for normal people.

How does it feel to be part of the problem? Accept Jesus Christ. Your degeneracy won't be forgiven when the uprising starts.

why put "mutiply disabled" if you're going to list all your disabilities in detail anyway

>Atheist calling anyone redditor
Oh how ironic

I don't believe word for word in religion but started going to chuch on sunday.
It just gives a great feeling of community imo and for some reason i just feel a lot happier throughout the rest of the week.

17, but still flirt with the concept every now and then.

religion always seemed silly to me but I never talked to people about it so who cares as long as they don't try to talk to me about it

>discover ironic redpill humor on reddit
>come to Sup Forums trying to parody right-wing politics
the jig is up

I grew out of autism when I was 16 because I realized it le epic fedora meme^^ I became a Based Crusader after that o.o DEUS VULT xD

Was totally blind before

>God is real
Yeah, I don't think so.

>worshipping an emaciated hippie commie jew who associated with the lowest tier degenerates in society

cuck

It just feels wrong to worship and invincible man up in the sky. I'm atleast starting to become more religious. Never gonna walk around telling people to accept Jesus Christ though

>jesus was communist
you've been drinking the liberal kool-aid

if you say so...

Is God real or has our technology just not advanced enough to realize some things about the universe?

>"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

16. I have always challenged every belief I have ever had. My father is the only practicing Christian in my family, he never forced it down my throat, he maybe asked me twice if I would go to Church with him about 12 years ago.

I considered myself an atheist at 12 because it seemed logical, I came to this conclusion by myself.

I grew out off it at around 16, my life has been notably better sine. I know believe there is a higher authority in the universe.

don't mix you narrow minded view on politics with christianity.
Also the ones who enforced dialectical materialism(-->atheism) on population were the commies.

17. Still not a christian, too weak for me.

13.772 billion years
Still waiting

Wow that's a really long list when it could have just said "I'm autistic"

When theists can give a shred of evidence for their god then ill look into it. Also

>when did you grow out of not believing in fairy tales

We all did.

>sky daddy pls save me

20 years old, now. Never grew out of it. Grew out of Christianity. Rejecting religion hasn't made me too many friends, but it's certainly I.proved my life.

What the fuck is that thing on the left?
I guess it's meant to be hydrogen, but then it descends into fuckery.

God is not a man. You are.And what makes you a human ??
Don't get brainwashed by fedora propaganda.Christians don't walk around and tell people to accept "JC as their saviour and bla bla..".

>don't mix you narrow minded view on politics with christianity.
thats exactly what youre doing. commie atheism is a power play to remove religion as an influential force so the state is the only one

Turned twenty-one this last October, glad I rediscovered God young.

I was brought up as a Jehovah's witness but my mum got booted out of the religion for marrying outside of it which disillusioned me a great deal. I left for about 6 years and just did the whole teenage atheist thing (Never read Dawkins or anything just stopped caring really.) Had a really rough patch and came back to God, at the moment I still subscribe to the whole non-trinitarian faith I learned as a JW but pretty much shove off the rest of their faith, at least their practices like ostracism of family members and all that whack bullshit. Not really sure where to go from here, considered going to a Catholic service but I really can't bring myself into the whole Trinitarian state of thought and their whole Saint veneration thing weirds me out too. What do?

you are jew by the blood

He forgot to add "if you're retarded enough to believe in magic n shit"

show evidence to the contrary

I grew out of talking about it ages ago. Between good friends over a few beers sure. I'm not an anything-iest but I absolutely do not believe in God. I'm not going to get on my soap box and start arguing the point to people I don't know. Picking on religion as some sort of intellectually validating activity seems like picking on a kid with a disability. Go learn a science, do something challenging. 28 years old by the way, I'm no sage, but nobody wants to hear that shit over Christmas dinner.

after i realized most of sjw's are atheist.

I briefly called myself an atheist in 2001. I prefer saying not religious, because even back then, the atheist crowd were a bunch of faggots.

14 grew in to atheism

22 grew out of atheism

>commie atheism is a power play to remove religion
Righto, so what's your play turdburger? Bitch more?
>muh religion
Do something about it. Your move.

16-20 atheist
21-23 agnostic
24 christian

Funny.

I thought atheism was about not believing in gods.

First, christianity has(shouldn't have) nothing to do with the politics of the state., and the Bible enforce that:"Give back to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's." Also yes, comunists enforced their ideology by trying to impose their own religion:"the new human" and the "progressive society".
kid if you want to prove "life' start with abiogenesis

26. I was a super edgy atheist from 16-25, I would shit talk religion on the internet and look up to people like Richard Dawkins. Just makes me laugh now. It's funny that people still take it so seriously.

What is the name when you just don't give a fuck about whether God exists because it's a stupid question?

I haven't cared for religious practice, but I have nothing but respect for Christianity. If religion teaches you good morals and makes you an upstanding individual, I'm happy for you. Honestly, I'd say Christian morals of being a decent person, treating others the way you want to be treated, having a charitable heart, giving back to others tenfold what they give you, etc. are excellent standards to live one's life by. Though, I'd rather a person do good things for the sake of others rather than to earn brownie points with Saint Peter or because it's expected of them by a higher being. Something about good will being an expectation and not of one's own will sounds wrong to me. Recognition of being a good Samaritan should be its own reward, I think.

these are questions that any sane mind thinks about.

You'll grow out of it. Look at the number of people in this thread who were in your position at 20.

>thinks that God explains anything
Retard detected.

Apatheist

Oh, I've thought about it.

Thanks cunt.

When I was about 18.

>thinks science explains everything
Retard detected.

And probably autistic.

I grew into it. But it's not a defining personality trait, I just don't believe there is a god.

delusional fags

Let's see here:
Science - explanatory power
God - no explanatory power
Checkmate christcuck

You made the claim. Back it up.

25 and I'm in the process of letting go

don't put words in my mouth , kid.
Also there is no such thing as "God explains". God doesn't explain anything to no one.
If you want learn, read a book and think for yourself.Yeah , a real book not facebook "science " pages or youtube documentaries.

good post user

Why did the big bang happen?

I'm not brainwashed by those fedora fags. I hate them. They are the lowscum of society.
Chrisian laws and culture is superior. I feels weird to sit and pray to him.

So you admit it explains something, as opposed to nothing? You just shit the bed.

Not tyring to be an edge lord but how can you believe in something so uncertain

I go to church out of respect for my family

Yes, its great spiritually

But i don't know how long I can keep pretending in believing something so ridiculous

the fuck you raving about you retarded abo

wew read a book
nice comeback
That's right. God doesn't explain shit. You stroke the balls of a sky wizard

>Thinks 'why' is a valid scientific question

Mark 10:25

I never had any strong feelings either way. I do think that our understanding of the universe is severely lacking and god can't be ruled out, ever. I wish I was religious honestly. To be apart of a community like that would be nice. I just can't stand they way most religious people think.

Why do things fall on the ground?

Correct question is:
'what causes...'
Given material, deterministic universe and all that

A statement about how rich people love money over all doesn't advocate communism. It simply says their priorities are in the wrong place.

The big bang theory was never meant to explain the origin of the universe. It's just something that scientists are pretty sure happened. They have no clue what happened before.

I'm not saying it like a punchline, you dumass.Pay attention to the context.What I meant to say is that there are useless faggots like you jerking off with Einstein picture in their hand, navigating on facebook fedora pages, and thinking that they know everything.Doesn't work that way.

The passage implies the wealthy are more morally bankrupt and directly states it is impossible for them to get into heaven.

Never said or indicating anything to that effect.
It is you with imaginary erotic strawmen in your minds eye desu.

if you think that someone got rich without being a greedy asshole, you don't know how wrong you are.

"Why" did the big bang happened?

Do feels need to be equated for things to happen? Also, you are worried about one thing humans need time to grasp (like every other thing we've had to push towards) but you are willing to just throw your hands up and say "god did it"? Seems dishonest.

Also
>give me evidence for this one thing
>has no evidence for any of his claims

Blows my mind every time.

Last I checked they weren't even sure there was a big bang. phys.org/news/2015-02-big-quantum-equation-universe.html

Just the other day. After much thought I came to a logical conclusion that taking ancient middle eastern folk tales as fact is the redpilled thing to do.

Of course not, but the implication is that the rich are worse than the poor, when both are equally capable of being pieces of shits or virtuous

I got angstheism out of my system when I was in middle school and early high school.

I've been a don't-give-a-shit agnostic. I don't give a shit about your religion.