Why do millennials prefer to live in apartments instead of houses?

Why do millennials prefer to live in apartments instead of houses?

Bad with money but they'll claim it's so they can be more social.

Because they're in their 20's or younger you troglodyte

cause they dont have a wife and 5 kids?

Building maintenance is to expensive to pay out of pocket.

Why do millennials like to shove firecrackers up their ass

Why is this thread going to get 300 replies?

buying a home costs 500K - 700K
buying apartments cost 100 - 300 K

Why not?

because land is much more expensive, because the boomers are cashing in on their parents inheritance

Apartments are for children.
Families buy homes.

poorfag

I can't afford a house because I fell for the college meme for two years and am designing conveyor systems for $14 an hour.

Because they are making less than previous generations while housing is more expensive.

Why do millennials Gotta post right before me REEEEEEEE!

They're younger and don't have the money to buy a house.

Renting is, and always will be, a complete waste of money.

Cheaper, no families, not brainwashed

This.

Unless you live in Bumblefuck, Nowhere a house will be far outside of your salary. A tiny 2 bedroom house on my street(where I rent) just sold for over 750k.

I can't even afford the down payment on that with cash.

I went to college.

Minimalism is GOAT

I've rented houses since I was 22 (27 now)

can't fucking affoard it maybe ?

It's not a case of preference but of necessity.

Also the fact millenials are marrying older (if at all) and leaving it later to have smaller families (if at all) makes a house unnecessary.

Also shit is far more expensive now than it was for previous generations.

move out of your shitty cities. I bought a 5 bed, 4 bath for 300k

teaches you to be responsible with your money in an age where both parents would rather ship you off to kike education centers than teach you what you need to learn to survive.

These fucking questions get asked all the time.
Why do millennials xxxx ? and fucking people answer anyway.

I can too but I don't want to get Jewed by HOA.

>Also shit is far more expensive now than it was for previous generations.

thanks, women's rights, for fucking destroying the family.

Won't do manual labor. Can't afford to have mexicans do it. Wouldn't know how to trim a hedge much less repair a roof.

Because they are commies. And commies love to live in shitty Appartement blocks while the Commie leaders have their own houses.

>leave civilization

Nah, can't do it bro. I like my blazing fast wifi, horny young girls, friends, state of the art hospitals with real doctors, and food-topia.

I prefer my parents house desu

Bought a 5 bedroom, 3 bath house for 230k in a city with a population of 100,000.

So yeah, if your big shitty cities like San Francisco and Jew York a house cost a billion dollars, but if you get outside of the shitty city its bretty good.

They want to live in big cities where they can't afford the houses.

Houses in hipster magnet towns are expensive... millions of dollars.

Yes, and as soon as I get enough to put a deposit on a freehold property in London I'll do so.

Try finding that in this city, though. The Duke of Westminster actually owns half the property in a city over around 15 million people. It's fucking archaic.

Millenial here, college dropout, debt free making almost 50 grand a year working at a local factory. Living in a $600 a month apartment. Literally half of my income gets saved and invested. I'll be living here at least a few more years. When I do move out I'll have a lot more options. I'm living below my means now so that I'll have a better life later.

>MFW Millienial
>MFW I own multiple houses
>MFW I will soon own apartments to rent out to other millenials

what the fuck

why is everything us vs them,

its because theyre cheaper and not permanent? its completely situational fuck off

Some prefer to spend their money on useless shit instead of a better home

because its cheaper and easier
you just come in and dont give a shit about anything else

Firstly its cheaper in my country since we have a lot more people per land than you have
and secondly we dont have any sort of tax rebate for home owners like you have.

Millennial prefer to live off mum and dad, and will stay on the family tit, till they retire. If you let them.

apartments are easier to maintain

you have a rich dad, good for you.

Then they would live in houses, not apartments.

Is it cheaper though?

Downpayment on usa is extremely low for first time home buyers.
Banks give you morgage up to 40 years

If yout home cost 300k you will pay like 600 bucks a month for "rent". Property tax is can add 100-200 bucks a month.

Then when you wanna move, you sell your house and wow! Its like you paid close to nothing possibly even making money.

Millennia's are so easily manipulated by consumerism its pathetic, look at any buzzfeed video and see yourself

Why do you guys always post Soe?

>tfw no Soe gf

they are datamining threads

feels bad

Because they have been jewed into thinking they need to move out as soon as they turn 18 so they can pay off some kikes mortgage.

Because they grew up in commieblocks

born in '89, does that include me?

Own my own 3 bedroom 2 full bath house, literally paid cash, so i down owe anybody shit.

currently saving up to travel around the world

growing some dank weed here too, god it feels good to own your own home.

>buying a home costs 500K - 700K

I don't know if youre signaling with this or what, but in most of the country this is completely untrue

They have a hive mind. Living in a literal human hive must seem logical to them.

Post steve o in your millennial OP or don't post at all

>in most of the country
>but not in most of the country where the VAST MAJORITY of human beings live

fuck off with your brokeback mountain ways

>owing your money to the (((bank))) so they can own you and keep you tied down in one place for 15+ years

Location location location

Are you retarded?

>If yout home cost 300k you will pay like 600 bucks a month for "rent". Property tax is can add 100-200 bucks a month.
>Then when you wanna move, you sell your house and wow! Its like you paid close to nothing possibly even making money.
>Millennia's are so easily manipulated by consumerism

You're advocating people take hundred thousand dollar loans but everyone else is "consumerist"?

Are you fucking retarded?

The housing crash was in 2008 and you're so young you can't remember people being wiped out financially?

Housing prices going up forever is literally a ponzi scheme. What happens when people stop ponying up cash to enter the market? The house of cards tumble, because it's unsustainable growth.

A 30 year old house consistently grows in value. That makes sense to you? How about this; a house gets increasingly decrepit and outdated and should decrease in value like a car driven off the lot. But as long as we all keep believing and telling kids to take massive loans, we can all get rich man!

>don't forget to blow more money remodeling this decaying framework before you sell to the next sucker

"apartment" doesn't mean rental apartment.

If you bought a house in the suburbs for 300k 6 years ago it will now go for 350k.
If you bought an apartment in Amsterdam for 300k 6 years ago it will now go for 500k

Why does everyone throw out that response as an excuse when somebody has legitimately worked hard to build something for themselves? My parents are well off now, but by no means is my family rich.

I won't act like I came up poor, but my parents did struggle for the first 7 or so years of my life (I have 3 older brothers) since my dad built fences full time, went to school at night, my mom worked full time, and we lived in a 700 square foot, 2 bedroom 1 bathroom house. Hell, my family got government cheese and peanutbutter for that time.

If that's being rich, I don't want to know what poor is.

You are a millennial

I live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere South Dakota. You can't find a nice house here for under 200k and pretty much everywhere else is more expensive. By nice I mean larger than my two bedroom apartment.

this
>older generations start and run companies with no education
>decades later, with no room for competition, start ups are huge risks
>getting employed requires experience and education that past generations never needed
>forces people into debt via college unless they want to work in a factory like an illiterate retard for the rest of their miserable lives
>college takes up years, cant save money during this time
>can only afford an apartment afterward

The house isn't increasing in value. The land is.

is uruguay a comfy country?

How fucking old are you?

South Florida, Phoenix, Dallas, Atlanta, Houston, Philadelphia, etc, even fucking Boston is mostly under what you listed

You have to be 18 to post her (you) faggot

Who is this cement demon? Does she like asian guys?

>The house isn't increasing in value. The land is.

I own a lot of land. This is not how land ownership works, bucko.

Apartments are generally downtown

More things to do downtown and easy commute to work generally

Much cheaper at times and also allows individuals to leave without any real estate management or something tying them down

No property taxes.

You also live in deterring nation faggot
Of course your property is worthless, your nations on track for the third world

Reminder that all goods have mortality and your house is only losing value in real terms.

Reminder that there are only two reasons to buy a house:
1) Lose less equity if you're paying the same for the mortgage (and upkeep, other expenses, etc.) as you would for rent.
2) Renting it out for a profit

I actually prefer houses, but apartments are generally the only affordable (ie

>implying I would leave comfy Seattle for fucking Philadelphia or Atlanta

Son, I like being employed.

I'm rage quitting 4/pol/. This grade a retardation and shitposting turned the whole place into a cancer

It sure as fuck is in the areas where you're expecting an increase in value.

Suburban plots or plots that can be subdivided in growing cities are in huge demand. There is a permanently limited supply. If a plot is really close to a city centre and can be rezoned as high density it will appreciate even more.

Homes are often torn down in these markets.

You're retarded.

>easy commute to work generally
Millennials don't work doe

>buying apartments

Millennials will never know the joy of coming up with $10,000 every November to pay the property taxes.

New thread,lads.

I assume he means condos

I'd consider a condo, not a bad option. Sure, there are some financial risks/obligations, but they are less than a house with a similar chance of rising in value if it's in a good area

Yeah they just dump 15,000 a year into something gaining zero equity.

What's wrong with that?

City apartments are always in high demand.
And big maintenance costs are shared with your up/downstairs neighbors so it's far less risky.

Stop posting this ugly slag you fucking faggot. Reported your thread again.

Seattle sucks kek. We call it ghetto Portland here in Alaska. Dirtiest city I've ever seen and I've been to Memphis kek. Also the only city where the minorities are less trash than the white folks kek.

Bad with money but they'll claim it's so they can be more social.

>not calculating this in your monthly payments

Generally apartments are more space efficient in big cities where vertical living is a necessity. Millennials generally flock towards cities in search of entertainment and jobs, hoping they can live that sweet urban life like they see on their favorite sitcoms like Friends and HIMYM.
Houses are seen as what you get when you finally want to settle down, not for when you're young and free (again, like how Friends ended with Chandler and Monica moving to the suburbs to raise a kid, or how the official "end" to the adventures in HIMYM was Ted settling down in the suburbs with his wife.)

TL:DR - millenials are copying their TV sitcoms.

Because boomers are faggots.

House costs over million. Can't afford atm

>Paying a fortune to permanently share a wall with someone

It's retarded. I would buy a house. But if you want to throw money away go for it.

Yeah they're paying property tax and getting nothing out of it.

Rentals should only be for very temporary situations. Otherwise you're just making someone else money.

Well then sorry to say it lad, but you oil niggers are retards. Either that or youre getting jewed over hard

I live in a 3 bedroom/2 bath house in a gated community in a nice area of South Florida that was recently purchased for under 225. I have siblings in nice areas of Phoenix and Pittsburgh who paid under 300 & 200 for 3 story homes. My college roommate lives in suburban Atlanta for around that much

I know these are just anecdotes, but you'll find ware more realistic ones than these California fags who pay 2500 a month for a studio cuckshed

>Seattle sucks
>t. Alaska
The dirty parts of Seattle are dirty, welcome to what we call "cities"

more money for jewish genital mutilation surgeries