Sit down user I need to talk to u about ur presupposition

"I don’t know how many of you have gone through nihilistic periods of your life, but I suspect that it’s more than one or two.

So that’s one danger: that when the validity of your value system is demolished then you end up in a place where evrrything is so terrible and overwhelming that you cannot survive. And one response to that is you beome nihilistic and depressed and anxious and that’s not merely psychological – that’s really hard on you... can undermine your will to live. It can even drive you to suicide. And the other option is you adopt some moronic totalitarian ideology that purports to explain everything with a few simple axioms. And that’s equally catastrophic because that makes you immediately a danger to anyone who doesn’t believe what you believe. Plus you’re fragile... It’s a simplistic but coherent ideology, like the idea that all knowledge systems are motivated only by the pursuit of power. You’ll find out pretty soon that sort of thinking won’t get you anywhere at all."

If you read that passage and ONLY thought of the Left you're an ideologue and you're no more intellectually honest/mature than those you despise.

youtube.com/watch?v=3nAIAPYuD7c&list=PL22J3VaeABQByVcW4lXQ46glULC-ekhOp&index=6

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/4qDqptnR
youtube.com/watch?v=aDVqZqqtuOs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What if I only thought of my ideology?

dont you dare sully the glorious test of character that we call nihilism.

It weeds out the weak, it breaks people so that the kill themselves, or that they turn into hedonistic faggots.

But whoever has enough willpower to resist this monstrosity becomes something grander. Something very elusive: A self sufficient, self actualized individual

You think I ended up being a totalitarian because I am fragile? I ended up here by my own volition, based on numerous amounts of scientific things.

pastebin.com/4qDqptnR

and killing niggers, mudslimes and jews is the best solution to our global, racial problems. Not a single problem in the world was solved by adding more niggers to it.

Pinocchio

>What if I only thought of my ideology?

SORT.
SELF
OUT.

>nihilistic periods in your life

Yeah this one time I was worried that there was going to be a race-war and I got paranoid to the point I couldn't work. What's the difference when an imminent war is going to break out with my neighbors, you know? It was just completely debilitating. So you know what I did? I thought of the human condition as it stands today. Based on past and present events I looked at the world as it stands today. And you know what I did?
I put a Tactical Nuke and Tel Aviv and glassed the financial capital of Israel.
Now everytime I look at the picture of the world, I feel perfectly at ease and confident in the future of the peoples of this world.

>If you read that passage and ONLY thought of the Left you're an ideologue and you're no more intellectually honest/mature than those you despise.

I thought of the Left and the Right both, as well as many other ideologies from out of country. do I win?

>00
>55

WHAT A WASTE. THOSE NUMBAHS COULDOF MADE SOME KIDS DAY BUT NOOO...

no toothpaste, you're just autistic

We are the creators of narratives. The racial realists, the anti egaletarians, the ones who want to remove jews, niggers and mudslimes. No one else. These foundations were laid a long time ago, by our better moments. Which werent liberal fallacies, they were good moments laid on facts, science and meta analysis of history.

You either work with these facts and move forward with us, or you work outside of us, but thinking that you can drag us with you in your normie way is silly. It will only turn on hostile.

Nazism is just as retarded as Communism

Follow the teaching of Peterson and take the true redpill

Ask yourself if you own your ideas. Regardless of whether or not they are true, have you discovered and adopted them as a result of your own personal study/experience? Or have you gone along and repeated/stood for them because of confirmation bias or because they resonated with an irrational state of mind? Every one of your core beliefs should be investigated to build the real you.

Yeah, you're right.

On the path of intellectual personal progression Nihilism will eventually be reached. Only those so deficient in brain cells that they have no will of their own will not come to understand the aspects of Nihilism. It is the basis of Nihilism that leads to one finding true purpose and answers.

>its another episode of "a person with a higher amount of intelligence, but born in the last generation, got so much hubris built up inside of him because of the inefficient communication in real life (and the lack of exposure to others like him), that he thinks he can govern a community of many, multiple amounts of these high intelligence people who have transcended him while he was asleep in normieville"

lolseriously, molly is slowly learning of our ways, he is ways ahead of you. If you know about neurophysiology, you should also know that neuroplasticity still has a finite limit as to how fast it can change (your learning rate)

You will most likely never catch up to Stefan Molyneux who right now is bumping up on racial realism from his old ways. Kek. Old people and their dumb arrogance. Srsly, sage. Yea also double post because of how dumb this e-celeb fag is.

Really slayed my dragons and made me born again desu senpai.

You seem to be possessed by a very pernitious idea. Sort yourself out.

lol kill yourself you racially ignorant fagget.

>totalitarian ideology
Your bias is showing. I'm willing to bet you're some sort of retarded, humanistic classical liberal. If you are certain of yourself you will seek to bend the world to your will. Only someone with severe insecurities pretends they are ok with dissonance between the prevailing beliefs and their own.

Thank you based Peterson for getting me trough this
>So that’s one danger: that when the validity of your value system is demolished then you end up in a place where evrrything is so terrible and overwhelming that you cannot survive.
Let me tell you, the effects of the cortisol from anxiety and depression just eats your body up. That shit is no joke. NO JOKE

>If you read that passage and ONLY thought of the Left you're an ideologue and you're no more intellectually honest/mature than those you despise.

Aye!

Check your own bias amerifat, the PC authoritarians are the real totalitarians of our time. That you read that as an insult to pols worldview, nay a personal insult to your own being, is very telling.

Tbf I thought of myself killing muzzles in the middle east. If only.

That's probably why Peterson's a Christian.

>Petersons depiction of the son diving to the bottom to save his dying father is meant to picture an ancient parallel
>He doesnt notice he is doing it himself by diving down in the complexities of meaning to save God from disbelief

In fairness, one could be forgiven for thinking only of the left because the left has political power in most western countries for a while now.

however, if you think nazism or some other right wing ideology is going to save us from leftist ideology, then yes, you are a fucking moron.

I don't think he's a christian in any traditional meaning of the word. He fully embraces and recognises the psycho-social relevance and importance of mythological figures and the spiritual and communal benefits and purposes of such entities, using a backdrop of christianity as his main source of study/appreciation. Afaik he does not believe a god literally exists, go to church, pray, etc.

Totally agree. You captured the essence of the OP

Yes, I think you're correct in your assessment of him. Though I would mention that recognizing at least the functional truth of Christianity is a key step towards believing the (so-called) supernatural aspects.

I don't believe I've ever heard him say one way or another. He told Joe Rogan that he was "deeply religious" though so who knows.

I have noticed my attitude towards the concept of the bible and its authors has greatly softened as of late. I find it difficult to broadly support christianity as an ideology due to its many historical and modern manifestations of behaviour and attitudes that were/are very intellectually dishonest and physically damaging, so far as murderous and genocidal. But yes, I believe I am becoming somewhat of a christian-flavoured spiritually aware atheist.

I think he is. Very much so. He practices what he preaces

I remember being an atheist and realizing that the whole point of making Constitutional rights "god given" is to kick the ball out of play, to exempt them from wel-intentioned debate (which in every historical example succumbs to state power). If they are not "god given," then they are no different from any other arbitrary preference and can be erased without a fight. Thus Saturday Night Live preaching unironically that the Constitution is "outdated."

what if i read it and only thought of the right
how does it describe the left at all

That's a very interesting point, but without genuine belief in such a diety, the title of god-given, meant to distance ourselves from tainting whatever structure it is given to, would hold no real existential weight and amount to nothing more than a synonym for legal jargen. And what about those sacred principles and ideas about the way in which reality operated that the church used to hold as universal and untouchable? It's a damn good thing we defied them and progressed to the next stage of human development. Unshakeable dogma is debilitating and stifles development, yet lack of a coherent shared worldview is equally as degenerative and debilitating. I don't know where the pendulum should really rest at.

Amen

>"..moronic totalitarian ideology that purports to explain everything with a few simple axioms"
Patriarchy
White Supremacy
Anti-capitalism
Racism = power + prejudice
Political Correctness

>It's a damn good thing we defied them and progressed to the next stage of human development.
What are you referring to? Dissecting corpses or something? The only positive human development we've had over the last hundred years is technological, and the church was never against that. Mostly we've had human degeneracy, not development.

Jews rule the world
Muslims are incompatible with western civilization
Blacks are a cancer in society
Hitler did nothing wrong
Whites are the superior race

Galileo's idea of the world not being the centre of the universe, the threat to the church the notion that we humans are not the ultimate "chosen" entities of existence. Graverobbing, dissecting bodies for medical study, defying claims of sacrilige. The simple questioning of the validity of the dogma itself.

Hence why I said in the OP that if you only recognise the Left in what Peterson said then you are an ideologue/blind to your own brand of the same mindset.

What about stem cell research? Abortion is a very tricky moral concern but if you think of the seriously disabled babies in the womb that are spared a life of suffering (along with the parents) that alone would not be allowed if the church had its way. Don't kid yourself that the church has tried to suppress many things that could be used in very net positive ways.

But is it a life of suffering?

>Galileo's idea of the world not being the centre of the universe, the threat to the church the notion that we humans are not the ultimate "chosen" entities of existence. Graverobbing, dissecting bodies for medical study, defying claims of sacrilige. The simple questioning of the validity of the dogma itself.
That part about Galileo is a fictional story created much later by humanists. Oddly, I read Galileo's books in junior high before I ever heard the humanist's story about him. Thus I've always known that story to be a pile of BS. At no point does Galileo ever care about the point you attribute to him. The reason people put the earth at the center of the universe was simply because they didn't perceive any motion. (More complex reasons include the fact that they could easily tell that the moon orbited the earth, and thus it was less convoluted to say: everthing orbits the earth and moves in epicycles, then to say some things orbit the earth, but some orbit the sun even though the theory's predictions (Kepler's) are worse than Ptolemy's.) Just modern day arrogance: "I'm smart because I was told the answer as a baby."

By the way: the person who actually managed to create a more predictive theory in which the earth wasn't the center, that man was a hardcore believer.

>Implying that passage is not the perfect synthesis of the psychedelic left

I told you he was third-waving you

Well, the case of abortion and corpse dissection come down to the question: how much "badness" are you willing to accept in order to get how much "goodness" in return. The info gathered by corpse dissection would have eventually been acquired by other means, as is now obvious. And as for killing babies left and right? Hardly what I would call "a positive human development".

Peterson also preaches totalitarianism, you cannot not preach totalitarianism, totalitarianism is what legitimate power means. Anti-totalitarianism is just totalitarian control over totalitarians.

What if I only thought of the right and i'm on the right? Spooked me about my beliefs in ethnonationalism.

It seems I haven't looked into it as much as I may have let on. Thanks. I think my overall point still stands though regarding a departure from a perceived whollistic understanding of reality to one of intense scrutiny and scientific endeavors brought on the industrial revolution and dominace of western europe and later the usa

In the end it really boils down to not having reason for existing at all.
Anything else makes it something other than nihilism.

You assume that totalitarianism and defeating my ideological enemies is in conflict with my value system.

I don't think so. Surely he would libertarian-esque? Where has he actively supported totalitarianism? Anti totalitarianism is not necessarily seizing power for yourself/the 'good side', you could disperse that power in a more positve way or devolve it to the individual.

The point is that totalitarianism, is a simplistic caricature of the actual way of things. It's a handy trick politically to get the masses moving quickly, but in the end fails to account for the facts needed for a stable society.
To act in the world in a sophisticated way and to build a lasting, stable order of being for everyone involved takes a hell of a lot more than, "The German people are the most important thing ever, kill all the bolsheviks!" or "capitalism is the cancer, communism is the answer!" etc.

"Enlightenment is down first, and then up, and the more enlightened you want to be, the more down you have to go, before you go back up."

kek

>so here's some other ideas that...
>....
>
>
>
>.......
>............
>so here's something that
why does he have an absence seizure at the beginning?

also
why is everyone celebrating Jordan Peterson's philosophical discussion?
he's a
>clinical psychologist
i reckon his IQ is 125 max

That's called thinking. He does that during his lectures.

he doesn't start speaking until he has his thoughts straight in his head.

He looked like he was trying not to cry, to me, although I've only ever watched him in interviews/podcasts so I'm not familiar with his speech mannerisms/cadence when he's lecturing

Because he's actively pushing back against SJW totalitarianism in this mess of a country, and because he's such an articulate speaker/thinker in that he so clearly explains/puts forth these topics

all social order is based on the fear of violence executed by the authorized violence enacter

we replaced violence by prision, but its the same, psychological violence

to keep a liberal society in which individuals can live, think, act, associate, and express themselves freely, we have this huge body of violence enacters that deter anyone who tries to change the status-quo

An alternative take is that our people and culture have been so badly damaged and degraded by the leftists' assaults for the last century that it will require 1-2 generations of harsh medicine to rehabilitate it. It's cancer that has metastasized. We need chemo and radiation to solve this or the entire organism dies. Chemo sucks. This will not be painless and we will not be comfortable, but an authoritarian system is the only one that will fix our broken society and return us to that which helped us excel in the first place. Perhaps we will be mature enough for such freedom once again, but for now we must save the patient or everything will be lost.

>add niggers
the NFL was

The difference is that the left pushes this from the perspective of making everyone feel good regardless of the ultimate effect of that and that such a system in reality is doomed to fail and result ironically in human suffering. From the right, we see that civilization is a fragile and fickle thing. It is difficult to achieve successfully and difficult to maintain. Our goal is to maintain a cohesive and successful society that does not ignore or contradict the nature of man.

Sort yourself out.

PETERSON LIVE
GET IN HERE
youtube.com/watch?v=aDVqZqqtuOs

>If you read that passage and ONLY thought of the Left
Who the fuck would think of the left when you're posting it on here?

I don't see why you'd need philosophy to justify your political ideology. The government has a duty to represent the people's interest ---> fuck off, we're full. Everything in between is just statistics.

What I dislike about Peterson's and other liberals' take is that they will admit how humans operate on a deep biological and psychological level, but then they exercise such arrogance that we can and should somehow operate a society in opposition to those underlying operations. If they are in fact grounded in millions of years of evolution, then consciously changing our environment to oppose them would take 1,000 generations for them to change in us. Even if you were successful, then humans would be fundamentally unsuited for their natural environment and only suited for their manufactured environment. If anything happened to put us back into our natural environment (disaster destroys manufactured environment), then we are completely unsuited to survive and would likely die off. It is supreme hubris to do this and destructive. We should instead organize our society in a manner that reinforces and leverages these underlying behaviors for our benefit. We must admit the reality of our existence. Modern liberal society is doomed to fail because they reject those instincts that made us successful enough to get to where we are at the top of the pyramid.

Also...at around 43:00 he mentions that in the 80s there were daycares who were participating in Satanic rituals???? Pizzagate.