Portland to tax CEOs who earn 'too much"

Overpaid CEOs BTFO!

>In a novel approach to fight income inequality, Portland, Ore., will begin imposing a tax increase next year on publicly traded companies that pay their chief executives at least 100 times as much as their median worker salary.

yahoo.com/news/portland-tax-ceos-earn-too-much-first-income-225817190.html

archive.is/3gjjW

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_employers_in_the_United_States
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Trump will just take away federal aid from Oregon by the same amount that Portland taxes people.

Simple. They'll leave Portland

>head in pillow
what did she mean by this?

Came here to post this.

I wonder which state all of these companies will relocate to. The popular answer might be Texas, but Nevada is closer and also has no income tax.

dumb of them to be in Portland in the first place

Anus fingering time

BRAAAAAAAAAAAP

triple chekt

Easy. They probably weren't in Portland in the first place.

also triple chekt

warm liquids just feel good, and everything feels better in the moment of climax.

Can't wait to see which A-list celebrities endorse this. You know, the ones that get paid 10,000 times what an extra on their movies makes.

I really can't bring myself to care about this shit at all, sorry. Can we argue about taxes and economics later, once we've removed kebab?

Let's say I'm the CEO of an engineering firm. My 100 employees get paid an average $120,000 a year, good pay for that level of engineering. I'm limited to $12,000,000 a year managing a small company. Okay, that's a lot of money, and I don't even trip this tax.

Now let's say I'm the CEO of a large sanitation company. My 100,000 workers get paid an average $40,000 a year, good pay for what is mostly untalented menial labor. I'm limited to $4,000,000 a year managing a huge company.

Yeah, this makes sense.

>Officials expect that plan will raise an additional $2.5 million per year beginning in January.
Oh wow, I missed this hilarious line. I expect the plan to cost Portland millions when these companies are no longer present to be taxed.

All the ceos will now be paid out of the Beaverton office

THIS

that sounds really stupid and will probably lead to businesses relocating to other states

too soon

I moved here three years ago
Is Beaverton an entirely different county? Is it Clackamas?

Well, Oregon BTFO. I wonder what state all those companies and jobs will move to?

What CEOs are in portland?

you get a janitot who gets like 15k a year and suddenly the average income of your workers is now like 60k

The one guy I know from Beaverton is a total and absolute cuck. Only one guy though so that's a pretty small sample size.

>Companies leave the region
>investments plummet
>within the year, we'll start calling Portland Poortland

>In other news, jobs for the average person will not increase in pay.

They be taxin dem CEOs but they be still shillin for minimum wage? I don't get dis jamal.

>How to drive business from your state in 1 easy step

No one. They're all in Beaverton and Wilsonville.

plebbit is going haywire over this

fucking commies

kek it's like they want good businesses to leave the area

They're all cucks, it's basically a suburb of Portland where all the fags live.

At least it's not as bad as Measure 97

>Hike up taxes on corporations
>"Invisible" sales tax
Basically, it would've killed any business stupid enough to stay in state. It was shilled really hard in colleges too.

hahaha good luck with that, Portland. Lawmakers are really, really stupid much of the time.

This. The law is worthless. Whether the companies leave or they manipulate the numbers this law won't change much. Rich will keep getting richer. Poor will keep getting poorer. Whinny PDX hippy scum will keep on whining.

Goddammit. Why did all the Faggots have to move to Oregon.

I would love to live there but there is far too many Shit libs.

These "ceos" are simply going to leave.

100,000 workers is a massive company

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_employers_in_the_United_States

>NOBODY SHOULD BE RICH WHILE OTHERS AREN'T
>EVERYBODY SHOULD BE POOR
God I hate liberals

OLD SPAGHETTI FACTORY BTFO

Move to Colorado or Wyoming instead

is Portlandia red pilled

chekt. Gresham is the only city surrounding Portland worth living in.

seriously, is this virtue signaling laws now? is that what this is? because it worthless.

say goodbye to your jobs then

Oh no only $4,000,000, then a 10% extra tax on everything above that, you poor fucking snowflake.

Colorado is full unless someone votes red. Libfags stay the fuck out.

>what are operating costs

So CEOs get 1 dollar salaries but millions in stock options and free everything paid for by the company.

shocks me those idiots don't see this coming.

What if it is the only contractor for some infrastructure? Would the CEO decide to skyrocket the cost of service, pay employees better, and punish the locals/guberment as they have a natural monopoly?

>liberals seeing anything beyond their pool of narcissism

What an interesting way to keep CEOs out of Portland, Oregon

Are they any legal fags in the house that can comment on whether or not this law is even legit? It seems prejudice. Could it be thrown out in court?

yeah, and never do business in portland?

it does make sense

are you mentally retarded?

And/or they'll replace 'salary' with other forms of (probably non-taxable) remuneration, and/or any number of other measures that already exist. What a retarded law. Sounds like the kind of thing Trudeau would come up with, or some other amateur who's a complete n00b at policy.

>Gresham

Full of nigs.

Move to Wilsonville if you want to be near Portland but live with non-retards. They even voted for Trump down there.

It's more like a humorous documentary showing how the crazier liberals actually live. And this is coming from someone that lives there and sees the shit everyday. Liberals like it cause it's "modest" and poking fun at themselves but if you're right wing you'll be dumbfounded as often as you'll laugh at how stupid some of the shit is and how some people are actually like this. The cameos are really the only fun thing, especially with the ones like Steve Buscemi.

thats not how trips work newfag

WHY ARE YOU SAMEFAGGIN? CTR GET THE FUCK OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Not part of salary.

Maximum wage makes sense

So does maximum size for a private company (services : public)

>Gresham
>Full of nigs.

Fuck. That is horrible. I moved out of Gresham and OR in early 2000s. Haven't been back but a couple times to visit. That was several years back. When I was living there the city was white middle class. Where did the white people flee too? Sandy?

and then we'll just seize the means of production

This. I'm convinced leftists are unable to change their worldview based on external influence, if something doesn't compliment their worldview they ignore it looking for something that does. This is basic economics, everytime this happene businesses leave, rich people leave, and the amount of taxes collected decreases because of it. France raised taxes on the rich crazy high under Hollande and it created an exodus of rich people. Leftists are literally organic machines living in their own reality but unlike us they don't adjust the movie playing in their head based on findings, they're broken.

Is this some kind of meta-shitpost?

I said triple not trips you illiterate nigger. I was referring to looking at three sets of du bs.

>making two consecutive comments with one id is same fagging

What is your malfunction? Oh yah that is right you are a red ditard. Go the fuck back to red dit and stay there.

>Gresham

Doesn t have anything to do with salary of CEO .

>corporations coincidentally start moving out of Oregan, costing jobs and tax revenue
rich people don't get rich by being stupid and easily walked over

That's not what median means, you stupid drunk.

And then property prices will drop.

They'll frame this as a win either way num-nuts

>gresham
>wanting to literally live in the city memed as the drug capital of Oregon
>literal bicycle gangs
>1 in 200 chance of being an assault, robbery or arson victim every year since 2013
Yeah Wilsonville is super expensive and is becoming a new tech haven, it's bascially all rich and upper middle class white, asian, hawaiian and hispanic folk. The traffic is abysmal though.

Oh no, some fuck up can't get a job so we have to tax someone else so we don't hurt their feefees

>Not being coastal.

Have fun reintergrating into the world economy post-collapse.

Seriously though vidya always makes Oregon/Washington these green survivalists strongholds, when reality is a bunch of college fucks and liberals.

>HH twice
Absolute madman

I attempted to type HITLER and got an error. Wtf choot?

Read through the whole thread conversation. I said later my viewpoint was from early 2000s when the city was mostly white. See--->

you misspelled Hillsboro

This is fucking awesome.

dude, hardcore feminist are some of the nastiest women you'll ever meet. They need to have a release after spending all there time in public being 'strong' and 'independent.'

crazy feminist girlfriend = anal cream pies whenever you want.

How many CEOs are in Portland? How many even make 100 times more than their employees.

Property prices won't do anything because this impacts 0 actually people in Portland. Like when VT banned fracking even though they don't have anything to frack.

So now theyll just get it in benedits or bonuses

This is precisely the correct way to go about it, and I think 100x is the correct ratio.

pretty much this

why are you all so for this? none of you make over 250k anyways lol.

why do plebs on here try to align themselves with the elite so much? do they think it will somehow make them into one of them?

anyways, this is good for very simple reasons. you $300 car payment and $600 rent is the majority of your paycheck, but for a CEO millionaire its literally nothing. that is why taxing higher is good, idiots. the countries $14 tirllion dollars in debt, its gotta get lowered somehow, or else we go into WW3 with china because we cant pay them and then we all die from getting nuked, so have fun with that.

Murrikan education everybody!

I make 160k as a senior director in IT right now.

Try getting taxed in my bracket playboy, see how it feels when the government is taking upwards of 40% from you to fuel niggers, spics, fat fucks, and retarded redditor leftist like yourself.

>believing china and USA will ever enter an armed conflict

I thought you had to be 18 to post here?

Damn. That ass to slim waist ratio though. Delicious.

I despise the rich but you have to be a retard to think you can get more money from them just by jacking up taxes. They're experts in weaseling out of it and if you get too annoying it costs them very little to move somewhere else.

Because I plan on making that kind of money within the next 10 years. I started my job in March and have had two promotions already and the person who is being groomed to be CEO started off in the exact same position as I did so it's definitely possible.

>senior IT director

This is along the lines of what I want to do. I'm currently working as a junior 3rd line Network tech with hopes to be a consultant in a year or two. How long have you been working in IT for if you don't mind me asking?