Hey Sup Forums first time flag owner here

Hey Sup Forums first time flag owner here.
(inb4 shill)
Should i take old glory out of the frost? - - it is A LOT colder than it looks in the picture, it has stayed below 10 for almost a week now, and i'm worried about my flag.

Great, now buy one of these.

Leaving it in the cold is the opposite of burning it and thus the most patriotic way to honor it.

The flag should be fine in the cold.

>is the opposite of burning it
I was under the impression that burning the flag was patriotic as fuck if it had been dirty or something and you did it respectfully.

take it down in the snow and rain though, these will make it fade and fray and otherwise ruin it.

To protect it from the cold use amoniac and urine it can never freeze due to a chemical reaction with the sulphur in the urine and the amoniacwe learned this in class

It's hard to argue with that logic, though surely it would be easier and cheaper just to wash it.

>that burning the flag was patriotic as fuck
You libertarians will not be spared on DOTR.

>though surely it would be easier and cheaper just to wash it.

there are arguments that this should be the proper way to handle a dirty flag as burning a flag seems like a statement against the country it represents.

read the fucking post leaf.

ust leave it out in the snow and rain and when it fades and frays buy a new one like any patriot would

>lol don't take care of your things just get new ones.

that's pretty disrespectful to the flag leaf.

I think i am going to leave my flag out as a show of my love for the nation that i call home, i'll burn it and buy a bigger one when it becomes tattered or my child asks me too.

or you could just bring it inside if the weather is bad and put another stand inside your house

That's the right way to do it actually. Nothing like an old tattered threadbare flag proudly flying or nailed to the side of your garage because fuck you im murrican dammit.

Actually if you want to show up flag rule people then just throw a light on it at night (it's rude to fly it at night unlit, but most flag people don't follow this rule).

You are supposed to do a ceremony and burn your flag if it ever touches the ground.

Thanks for the advice guys! brought her inside from the cold!

>flying an american flag instead of your state flag
Why are you such a cuck?

I hate my state.

Family lives in a liberal state. A very blue, very liberal state. We only live here because wifey can support us both working 2 days a week.

>below 10
>cold

when you're comming out of a 110 degree summer below 10 is a little chilly,

also burger units not your gay unnatural units.

Why not both?

That said, Sup Forums needs state flags. Having the American flag makes little sense when politics where I live, Arizona, are much different than politics in Rhode Island.

Plus if you do both you get to put the national flag on top to follow proper flagpole protocol. But fuck state flags on Sup Forums. Everybody being lumped into the US is a comfy level of anonymity.

Sup Forums shouldn't have flags unless they represent an ideology that you generally subscribe too.

it causes flagposting instead of discussion.

>But fuck state flags on Sup Forums. Everybody being lumped into the US is a comfy level of anonymity.
Territories get their own flag. States should get their own flags as well. With how large the population is, it's not like anonymity will be jeopardized, especially considering that we don't hear people from European Union member states claiming that their nation's flag somehow compromises anonymity, and that they would rather use the EU flag.

Terrible idea. I already discard non-American flags when they attempt to discuss American politics.

Agreed.

This flag should be determined by your browsing history.

Self-selected flags was a pretty good era. Similar to the era of having everybody automatically assigned JIDF or Israel.

While the major countries have enough traffic that country flags aren't a big issue, it's not hard to start to sniff out particular people from the rarer ones. Probably they don't care about anonymity because they're filthy communists with no respect for institutions of freedom.

>. I already discard non-American flags when they attempt to discuss American politics.

and this is literally the reason why.

>i'll just disregard this different view point instead of deciding whether or not it has any value, then I'll call them a poo in loo

I was fine with self-selected flags. I would have still preferred my state flag over the stars and bars, but it served the purpose fine.

An Australian opinion on an American political issue is absolutely worthless. I am much more interested in an American opinion on an American political issue. If it were an Australian issue, my opinion, as an American, should be discarded by the locals as well.

The fact that you value the opinion of a foreigner when it comes to the way our life is governed is mind-boggling

>The fact that you value the opinion of a foreigner when it comes to the way our life is governed is mind-boggling

opposing and different view points are great even if it's only to make your own more bullet proof.

suck a dick, it's not like I want them to vote.

Maybe you're missing out. Considering how terrible our media is, Sup Forums is a pretty neat place to catch a whiff of what's up in the rest of the world.

Oh, I don't discard every post with a non-American flag, just when they try to comment on American politics. Much like I'll lurk brit/pol/ occasionally but won't actually post. My opinion on the topic is not relevant. If the discussion is a global issue, sure, I'll notice all the flags. If the discussion is an American issue, you're being ignored if you're not American.

All issues are global issues Gramps.

It's not the 1500s anymore.

ok soros.

Not an argument.

He's a retard. No one in their right mind would listen to an Australian when it comes to illegal immigration from Mexico and Central America, because he is not exposed to the problem and the problem is not relevant to him.

>because he is not exposed to the problem
Because we send the boats back you cuck.

get a wooden pole for it, that rust is staining the flag you rusty trombone

this desi