Gundam IBO

Grayson Ramirez
Grayson Ramirez

You ready for the Season 3 announcement tomorrow, Sup Forums?

All urls found in this thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp_1l-AO3Qk
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FandomRivalry/AnimeAndManga
Leo Lewis
Leo Lewis

Maybe this entire second season was an april joke and we're getting real episodes starting next week.

Justin Ward
Justin Ward

Can't raise the flag if everyone is fucking ded

Nathaniel Howard
Nathaniel Howard

I just want it to end already. This season showed signs of improvement but somehow its ended up feeling even more aimless than the 1st.

Josiah Mitchell
Josiah Mitchell

Mobile armor awakening
Colonies Rebelling

Ayden Miller
Ayden Miller

what about Mikas child?

Robert Perez
Robert Perez

Timeskip with Atra's baby as MC

Lincoln Morgan
Lincoln Morgan

Or Gali Gali

Jonathan Torres
Jonathan Torres

I LOVED it until they suddently decided to abandon their initial plan, forsake McGillis and simply try to disappear. I mean, on the one hand it's completely reasonable (to some extent) to choose this path in order to save the remainants of Tekkadan, but on the other hand I just wanted Mikazuki to go berserk and ending this show with a bang

Daniel Turner
Daniel Turner

Lieutenant Octo Anaalé when?

Connor Rodriguez
Connor Rodriguez

But everyone is dead

Austin Stewart
Austin Stewart

Either a downer ending that will piss off lots of fans or season 3 that feels unnecessary

Both are weird outcome

Mason Murphy
Mason Murphy

Atra has a ham in the oven, user.
The child of a gundam, the true ironblooded orphan.

Dylan Bennett
Dylan Bennett

I had a generally good opinion of Season 2 and have been defending it up UNTIL the end of the Mobile Armour arc. Everything after that just went back to feeling lackluster.

Isaac Collins
Isaac Collins

I'm hoping for a timeskip with Mika and Barbatos fused, and atra and Mika baby as pilot mc. Maybe Mc dosnt know that pops is in the gundam only that said gundam belonged to dad. Think this would make the whole problem of turning vegi go away. Kinda like gali and ein.

Logan Reed
Logan Reed

The whole "let's get em dad!" Thing could get kinda cringe which is why I think not knowing that your father is confined in the gundam you pilot would be better

Chase Rodriguez
Chase Rodriguez

The extermination of the space rats will be glorious.

Alexander Wilson
Alexander Wilson

:(

Henry Fisher
Henry Fisher

I never would have thought during s1 that id actually be rooting for gjallahorn by the end

Elijah Green
Elijah Green

Someone genuinely wants another season of this pointless shit? Sunrise is making another UC series right after this, give it up.

Jack Adams
Jack Adams

Why would you root for generic corrupt military organization?
There's fucking no one to root for in this show.
The only proper ending is Mars transforming into giant Mobile Armor and murdering every named character.

Brandon Brooks
Brandon Brooks

No but I am ready for based Choco Char to not only have survived, but to also be the leader of Neo-Gjallarhorn.

John Garcia
John Garcia

What's that dad? You want me to murder the shit out of some space pirates because you're bored?

Gabriel Gomez
Gabriel Gomez

There's fucking no one to root for in this show.

Kayden Nguyen
Kayden Nguyen

The show has been shit since season 1 so what does it matter either way?

Jonathan Cruz
Jonathan Cruz

I'd rather have the spin off manga animated.

Angel Fisher
Angel Fisher

Will not happen, quit spreading fake news and head back to Anime Suki

Parker Green
Parker Green

Everything after that just went back to feeling lackluster.
I lot of the episodes after McGillis acquired Bael have seemed like the writers are killing time until they can figure out how to wrap up the series. I think a lot of the events that happened in recent episodes (e.g. McGillis' death) weren't originally planned in the way they played out.

Ethan Hughes
Ethan Hughes

I feel like the opposite is true. McGillis' cool fight was the only decent looking mecha battle in the entire series. If it were a rush-job I feel like it would've looked just as awful as the rest of the series.

Austin Smith
Austin Smith

Well there is the possibility that the fight had been planned for a long time in advance but the context of the events surrounding it were either changed or unconfirmed. It just seems like the plot has been meandering around for the last few weeks with no clear goal in sight.

Alexander Edwards
Alexander Edwards

Barbatos looks so cool in action when they bother to properly animated the battle scenes. Imagine what he'd look like with Thunderbolt-tier animation.

Joshua Cook
Joshua Cook

Choco died, there's nothing else to see there

Brandon Collins
Brandon Collins

Normally I'd be satisfied with a well executed downer ending (it's been a long time since we had one of those in a Gundam series), but I don't even think we'll get that given the track record of IBO. S1 managed a decent if lacklustre finale, but S1 had the benefit of improving towards the last few episodes. S2 has just been getting worse.

Asher Cook
Asher Cook

That animation sequence here looks fucking awful.

Charles Sanders
Charles Sanders

You can see a pure human pilot with a bright future mop the floor with vile bloodlusting animals.

Blake Cook
Blake Cook

Awful is relative. It's a damn sight better than what we usually get from IBO.

Kayden Rogers
Kayden Rogers

S1 managed a decent if lacklustre finale, but S1 had the benefit of improving towards the last few episodes.

Elijah Clark
Elijah Clark

Either a downer ending that will piss off lots of fans or season 3 that feels unnecessary
Even if they made the 3rd season the best damn Gundam series ever, people will still not watch it.

Nolan Anderson
Nolan Anderson

choppy
lacks fluidity
doesn't feel like an organic sequence at all
even can make out key frames
Its better then what you normally get in IBO but its still pretty bad.

S1 managed a decent if lackluster finale
user...

Lucas Carter
Lucas Carter

Char died, there's nothing else to see there

Logan Wilson
Logan Wilson

The last few episodes of IBO S1 were definitely better than anything else we got in the rest of the season.

Its better then what you normally get in IBO but its still pretty bad.
Of course - that's why I said that it's all relative. Barbatos looks good in action because he's a somewhat unique Gundam and I'd love to seem him in action with objectively good animation.

Why do you think that?

Jeremiah White
Jeremiah White

The last few episodes of IBO S1 were definitely better than anything else we got in the rest of the season.
Nah.

Ayden Garcia
Ayden Garcia

Please god no, let it end.

Camden Fisher
Camden Fisher

The last characters I cared about died last week so no thanks.

Kayden Diaz
Kayden Diaz

Well what do you consider the "highlight" episodes of S1 then?

Eli Barnes
Eli Barnes

Sunrise didn't even bother to do an April Fool joke for this unlike Classicaloid and Heybot.

Brandon Davis
Brandon Davis

How bad it was to the point I dropped it after the Space Debris/Dorts act for awhile and rewatched AGE just to wash the bad taste from my mouth just to come back to it to see how much of a trainwreck it was.

The best part was the first three episode legitimately.

Luke Rogers
Luke Rogers

She just accidentally opened her tomato soup can no problem.

Sebastian James
Sebastian James

I see what you did there

Tyler Russell
Tyler Russell

Is this the first gundam series where the protags are humiliated, blamed as the villains, and then all killed?

Jaxon Jackson
Jaxon Jackson

That was 00 S1.

Charles Perry
Charles Perry

Also Lafter's constantly fluctuating breast size sure was FUN.

First two already happened to Shinn.

Leo Miller
Leo Miller

There is no child. Nobody gets what they want in this story. Kudelia is talking to vegetable Mika in the preview.

Adam Martin
Adam Martin

that dusk falling
T-they're totally gonna survive this, right guys?

Jack Hill
Jack Hill

the true ironblooded orphan.
WILL ATRA DIE? Please no

Thomas Howard
Thomas Howard

Never watched Gundam cause zero fucks,wondering if is something like

Same plot ad infinitum
Characters switching sides for the spite of it
Armor plot
Flashbacks
People going full Col. Kurtz and doing nothing but talk
Other random BS

Hudson Roberts
Hudson Roberts

The only people who genuinely expect more are the ones posting retarded fanfictions.

Dylan Gomez
Dylan Gomez

Who's ready for Twilight Axis

Samuel Williams
Samuel Williams

Never watched Gundam
starts with IBO
Poor you

Nicholas Collins
Nicholas Collins

Looks like a fat lot of crap but IBO already brought things to such a low level anything will do.

Brandon Sullivan
Brandon Sullivan

I never watched them,have no intention to watch IBO,too lazy to open a new thread so I'm just asking here.

Cooper Moore
Cooper Moore

This show is 2015's April's Fool joke.

Oliver Hernandez
Oliver Hernandez

Just let it die already, stop wasting seasons on salvaging the unsalvagable. Hopefully whatever they do next will be better (though looking at their track record for all post-00 seasonal gundams its not a good bet).

David Gomez
David Gomez

Build fighters was good.

Gabriel Stewart
Gabriel Stewart

00 is a good place to start.

Mason Phillips
Mason Phillips

dude...

Nolan Scott
Nolan Scott

Wasn't that just a season-long advertisement for gunpla? (moreso than usual)

Nathan Howard
Nathan Howard

Everyone praise 00 and I barely remember anything from it.
Was it really that good?
Maybe I should rewatch it.

Xavier Phillips
Xavier Phillips

May as well go with IBO if they don't care about mecha action.

Jaxon Jenkins
Jaxon Jenkins

Char's Counterattack.

Tyler Evans
Tyler Evans

Season 1 was great bro watch it now if you love gundam.
It is like gundam valhalla.

Parker Rivera
Parker Rivera

It has some good moments in the first season.

Angel Morales
Angel Morales

Same plot ad infinitum
The only common theme between each Gundam is war and space.

Characters switching sides for the spite of it
It does happen.

Armor plot
Of course. Though it's usually just one or two characters, usually comic reliefs. Otherwise it's more of an everybody can die series. Especially IBO.

Flashbacks
Once in a while sure. But the series never stops altogether for the sake of a 12 episodes long flashback for instance.

People going full Col. Kurtz and doing nothing but talk
Not really, though when it comes to IBO that's a rather frequent criticism.

Henry James
Henry James

There's 0080 but 0080 is actually good.

Landon Kelly
Landon Kelly

Here's the (You) for that low quality bait.

Alexander Butler
Alexander Butler

I remember everything being pretty solid in 00 with my only complaint being that Celestial Being somehow kept their massive technological advantage secret for 100 years

Cooper Parker
Cooper Parker

Why was Hush shafted so hard? We never saw any real improvements in his skills and he was Mika's servant for more than half the season until his stupid death. Why did they even bother with him?

Adrian White
Adrian White

It will be a movie, and I hope the retarded shitposters sudoku themselves.

James King
James King

he reminded me of the manga protagonist, too bad everyone got okada'd

Ryder Collins
Ryder Collins

Why was [Any IBO character] shafted so hard? We never saw any real improvements in his/her skills and s/he was Mika's servant for more than half the season until his/her stupid death. Why did they even bother with him/her?

Cameron Martinez
Cameron Martinez

Why did they even bother with him?
Feeds into my theory that there was a major change in direction during the second half of season 2 and Hush's character development was one of the things that got left behind.

Isaiah Clark
Isaiah Clark

Better than starting with Age or Greco.

Andrew Torres
Andrew Torres

We never saw any real improvements in his skills
He went from being useless to being able to take out grunts!

Tyler Sullivan
Tyler Sullivan

Now that Macky is dead I really stopped caring for the show. His ballad shall go down in my personal gundam history as one of the best.

Fucking Gaelio.

Brayden Davis
Brayden Davis

If anything, if it gets anything more I will already have won.

Parker Gomez
Parker Gomez

Yo, haven't been on Sup Forums in a while but I'm looking for something new to watch.

I have a huge nostalgia boner for Gundam Wing. I watched SEED and thought it was very forgettable(though the OST still holds up). The last one I watched was 00 and I considered it... meh? Had it's moments, cool designs, but most characters were bland.

Do you think this show would be good for me?

Jason Robinson
Jason Robinson

mika has a daughter
she is a lesbian
it's the first sjw gundam
directed by Mari Okada

Oliver Gray
Oliver Gray

His ballad shall go down in my personal gundam history as one of the best.
Why do people keep saying this? It was just a fairly standard Char clone arc, except he was a rent boy as a child.

Ayden Williams
Ayden Williams

The madman had to be put down for his own good.

Hunter Ramirez
Hunter Ramirez

He truly was too good for this world.

Sebastian Nelson
Sebastian Nelson

Maybe Okada believes it's a brilliant trope subversion that truly makes you think.

Jordan Williams
Jordan Williams

Looks to me like you only liked Wing because you watched it as a kid and don't really like Gundam. Don't waste your time with this franchise.

Noah Ward
Noah Ward

its mika still a cripple

Luis Perez
Luis Perez

He was fun and his death scene was beautiful.

William Martin
William Martin

Him dying feeds into my theory that he was the typical rookie character who looks up to the MC, but then dies in battle
That's a super common character type in mecha anime though it would've been nice if he had at least been killed by a named character

Juan Miller
Juan Miller

Fuck you he will rise again, for he was chosen by Bael the very sould of Gjallarhorn and Agnika Kaieru,

Isaiah Stewart
Isaiah Stewart

Nah, I do like mechs, and I do like Gundam in general, I just thought the most recent ones were pretty forgettable.

I still had fun watching them at the time, just when looking back on them I don't think they were good, just entertaining enough, and I guess that's what I want.

The main thing really are the characters, if those are good I really don't care much for the mech designs or the pacing and so on.

Is this show just a trainload of standard gundam character tropes or does it have some more refreshing ones?

Alexander Martin
Alexander Martin

Hello newfriend if you want to see an actual SJW anime you should check out Earth Maiden Arjuna
It features everything you crossboard normalfags love to cry about

Aaron Jones
Aaron Jones

It's very different from the usual fare, if that is good or not is up to you a lot of people hate it and think it is the worst gundam series ever.
I thought it was allright, but untill recently the only gundam I had watched was G-gundam in 7th grade and wing in kindergarten.

Jose Reed
Jose Reed

He wasn't really set up like that though.
And there was no real pay off to his story.

David Sullivan
David Sullivan

More like a loud minority hate it. The overall response has been positive.

Wyatt Ward
Wyatt Ward

He was okay but shoulda had a better plan than 'muh bael'. It's funny that after they fled back to Mars I thought he had some master plan up his sleeve - little did I know he was literally insane.

Colton Hughes
Colton Hughes

Ah, so it kinda diverges from what people expect from Gundam?

I guess that could be interesting. Thanks!

Ryder Richardson
Ryder Richardson

Season 1 of 00 was great. Season 2 was fucking garbage.

Joshua Sanders
Joshua Sanders

It has pacing issues, but I think a lot of it won't feel as bad since you don't have to wait a week to watch an episode.

Nathaniel Robinson
Nathaniel Robinson

He wasn't really set up like that though.
But his whole character was
Gee Mikazuki-san is so sugoi! I want to be sugoi just like him!
I don't know how he could've been even more set up as that kind of character.

Owen Martin
Owen Martin

Yeah, that's really the main advantage of marathonning series, you don't notice pacing issues that much.

Adam Barnes
Adam Barnes

season 1 was boring, season 2 was great because it was basically Zeta

Jackson Myers
Jackson Myers

I recently marathoned most of the show and I'd agree. There were points in that show where watching it weekly would have been hard.

Luis Robinson
Luis Robinson

Yeah, I genuinely think that IBO would appear to be a much better show when marathoned. Pacing issues are one of its worst problems when watched weekly.

Asher Lopez
Asher Lopez

Season 2 might not have been as good as Season 1 but it also has its own high marks and milestones like Solid Snake Setsuna, busting prisons with Gundam faces, fights actually getting even better when it involved name characters, Skittle Squadron, etc...

Hunter Gonzalez
Hunter Gonzalez

I guess Z ending was pretty much like that too

Thomas Lee
Thomas Lee

The thing that bugged me the most about OO S2 was that a lot of the moral gray area was gone. The A-Laws were clearly an oppressive thing, whereas before we had more grey economic blocks competing.

Camden Brooks
Camden Brooks

I'm so glad that Naze died. I hate him. But I wish Mikazuki would have killed him with his trusty gun.

Ayden Evans
Ayden Evans

Do you like IBO?

Logan Young
Logan Young

The romance plotlines were awful too. I can't believe they "killed" best girl Soma for that piece of shit of Marie.

Ryder Baker
Ryder Baker

Why he didn't do anything particular wrong.
I guess he was a giant manwhore, but he wasn't really wronged anyone.

Thomas Sanchez
Thomas Sanchez

Please answer these questions to sate my curiosity.

Do you like IBO?
What's your favorite AU Gundam?
What's your favorite Tomino Gundam?
What's your favorite Gundam overall?

Hunter Anderson
Hunter Anderson

Was there any point to Lafter at all? Might as well have killed her here.

John Sanchez
John Sanchez

I just want the worst entry in the franchise to end already

Jace Sullivan
Jace Sullivan

Yes.
Zeta
Zeta (favorite one is actually 00 S1, but Zeta > 00 S1 & S2)

Leo Evans
Leo Evans

Not him, but I like how Mikazuki is what Heero and Setsuna would have been if they refused to change their ways.

Jayden Cook
Jayden Cook

You're two years late, mate.

Jack Bell
Jack Bell

-No, so much so I don't think a worse gundam exists
-Madnug
-Victory
-SEED Destiny
Season 2 was better in every way.

Samuel Jones
Samuel Jones

Obvious bait is obvious.

Matthew Hughes
Matthew Hughes

yes
yes
G or build fighters but to be fair those two and wing are the only ones I have watched, I did watch wing but I was too young too really understand what was going on especially since it was spoken in english and I couldn't read subtitles yet.
I still haven't gone through the entire franchise I have only watched 1-13 gundam shows this includes movies and OVAs.

Thomas Walker
Thomas Walker

Not bait, Mecha Talk

Robert Martinez
Robert Martinez

Your favorite is Seed Destiny? Not hating on you, but I've never seen anyone say that. I rarely see anyone mention Victory as their favorite Tomino season as it's usually Zeta.

Would Turn-A count as a Tomino Gundam? I like that one.

Jason Adams
Jason Adams

Do you like IBO?
Fuck no.
I guess that could be interesting.
It really isn't.

Jack Rogers
Jack Rogers

Nope, fans are very split on it
Would Turn-A count as a Tomino Gundam?
Considering it has more refs to Tomino's non gundam works than AU stuff (seriously, X didn't get jack shit) it certainly counts.

Jordan Barnes
Jordan Barnes

not really, it had some good parts, but was not very good as a whole. I hated how they animated most of the gundam fights. too much QUALITY.
G
ZZ and G-Reco
ZZ and Build Fighters

Sebastian Gutierrez
Sebastian Gutierrez

Do you like IBO?
Did Hashmal have a strong beam? That speaks for itself.

Tyler Carter
Tyler Carter

the heroes all die
villains don't lose anyone

Reverse Seed Destiny

Nathan Scott
Nathan Scott

I like IBO a fair bit. But mind you, I don't hate OO S2, but I did feel it added a few changes that took it back towards a direction I didn't like as much as S1.

Blake Ramirez
Blake Ramirez

I think Ibo is fine, a mediocre entry for a AU. the only really bad thing about it is animation
It's G Gundam
Probably Z.
G Gundam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp_1l-AO3Qk

Jordan Reyes
Jordan Reyes

file name
You are probably getting what you want this episode
Mika is going to be the first gundam mc that is probably going to die during his show.
There was amuro during cca, but he was still alive during his tv show.

Bentley Martinez
Bentley Martinez

Cosmic Era has fans and people calling Destiny the best is nothing new, what you should be asking is why Madnug of all gundams.

Owen Taylor
Owen Taylor

But the bad guys in Destiny did win...

Christian Scott
Christian Scott

Kira's not a cannibal and does not murder people that are tied up and drugged.

Owen Sanders
Owen Sanders

it's honestly the first time I heard anyone saying Destiny is a good series in any way, other of course than praising our lord Jesus

Aiden James
Aiden James

How new are you? Serious unironic question.

Lucas Hernandez
Lucas Hernandez

Choco wanted to create a peaceful world without corruption and evil adults doing evil things
Gali stops him because Muh Power
Destiny Plan guy wanted to create a world where nobody suffers due to having no idea what they want to do with their lives
Jesus stops him because Muh ????
It's just not fair, why do the bad guys keep winning?

Jack Johnson
Jack Johnson

2011fag

Carter Anderson
Carter Anderson

I was just kinda curious, what your stance on IBO was since you mentioned that you hated that 00 threw away the grey morality which I thought IBO did fairly well.
I mean every thread you see people fight about who is right or wrong in IBO, but I didn't see anyone really as clear cut the good guys.

Robert Torres
Robert Torres

Yes.
G.
Turn A.

Ayden Thompson
Ayden Thompson

Do you like IBO?
Who could like animation quality that low aside from ANN critics?

Owen Butler
Owen Butler

I see IBO as the story of Tekkadan. They're not necessarily heroes, but this is their story. A part of the series theme is the idea of them being manipulated and used by others, so them ultimately doing shady things works for me.

Landon Hernandez
Landon Hernandez

The director sayed about a "unexpected death". I expected Hush surviving at end and helping to care Mika son.

Levi King
Levi King

So what do you expect for Mika:
-Dead
-Super-cripple
-moderate cripple
-magically all okay somehow
-I AM THE BARBATOS

Samuel Young
Samuel Young

No
The Duel from SEED
Does Ideon count?
Dougram because it does classic gundam a fuck of a lot better

Cameron Morales
Cameron Morales

We know you hate IBO and ANN, Mechatalk, Evageeks, and a bunch of other websites you post on. I hate them too we agree you can stop repeating yourself now.

Alexander Murphy
Alexander Murphy

I'd be fine with him either dying or escaping alive and rebuilding tekkadan from the ground up.

David Allen
David Allen

Super or moderate cripple. Guy will survive and raise his baby.

Jonathan Harris
Jonathan Harris

someone in a Gundam serie swill finally become a literal gundam, Setsuna's wet dream

Andrew White
Andrew White

I see it that way too, almost every major party has a good or relatable cause, but they all are kind of shady in the way they do things, except for Gaelio who is completely justified in season 2, but the fact that his only motivation and drive is revenge for the entire 2 seasons he has been in kinda hurts his character as well.

Nolan Taylor
Nolan Taylor

magically all okay somehow
It's not like there's anything physically wrong with his body, after all he can still move when plugged in.

Easton Wilson
Easton Wilson

I don't even know anymore.
IBO, but then again I think all AUs are shit.
Zeta
War in the Pocket

Thomas White
Thomas White

punished Mika?

Oliver Hughes
Oliver Hughes

Until we knock this shit down some pegs I just can't do that. The current anime critics have fucked over this fandom, thinking of writing up a Cracked.com article to expose 'em.

Andrew Parker
Andrew Parker

I AM GUNDAM followed by death in blaze of glory.
I wanted him to survive since I unironically love the murdrous manlet, but I don't see him coming out alive in this.

Tyler Lewis
Tyler Lewis

a bunch of other websites you post on
Holy moly, this is sad. So he not only shitpost these threads but also other sites. He literally has no life.

Cameron Baker
Cameron Baker

Punish the space rat scum!

Landon Johnson
Landon Johnson

G and Build fighters were good/great.

Bentley Cox
Bentley Cox

G
Not really.

Luis Nguyen
Luis Nguyen

....There was already a season 2? Was it good? Or was it more anime cliche harem shit like what tripped up the 1st season just when it was gettin' good?

Jace Reed
Jace Reed

I think you're confusing me with someone else, Channel Awesome.
It sucked less than season 1.

Thomas Turner
Thomas Turner

wing in kindergarten
ALRIGHT, I'M OLD

I GET IT

Leo Martin
Leo Martin

I think it's decent.
Build Fighters
Zeta
Zeta

Mason Hall
Mason Hall

No
G. The others are all equally derivative.
Z
Z

Noah Cook
Noah Cook

I liked it was really dumb, but it also very fun and it had some really nice moment

Samuel Thomas
Samuel Thomas

No name grunt gets killed
Triggers waifu fags
?

Chase Watson
Chase Watson

He'll go full Barbatos and burn out during or after his subsequent rampage. There'll be a shot of the deactivated Barbatos surrounded in a field of Graze carnage.

Xavier Gray
Xavier Gray

I'm very mixed. I like how it's different from the usual fare especially in the latter half of S2, but IBO cares about being different more than being good. I know this analogy is overused, but it's the best way to describe IBO. It's the trainwreck you can't look away from especially the final episodes of S2. I'd say it's tied with Seed Destiny as my opinion for that series is very similar to what I think of IBO. Age Season 3 and G-Reco are worse as they're bad and boring.

Favorite AU series depends on my mood. I like G Gundam, Wing and X equally. I can tell you my least favorite which is Frozen Teardrop.

Favorite Tomino Gundam is Turn-A. I find it hard to care for early UC aside from some of the self-contained OVAs since Sunrise keeps shilling OYW and anything before F91. Seeing so much of this shit has made me lose excitement for it. Gundam the Origin is a waste of resources as is the Unicorn TV anime. A new late UC series could be great as there's a lot of content to work with, and we can get some awesome mobile suit designs, weapons, and tech in the process. I want to see how the UC transitions into the Correct Century, and I'd like to see events that unfold in Banagher's vision in the Gundam Unicorn light novel. So much story potential is squandered just to waste more time on unimportant events in the early UC.

My favorite Gundam overall? Can't say. I've followed this series for so long that it's impossible to decide.

Juan Torres
Juan Torres

Does that make me undead and if so can I be a mummy?

Tyler Brown
Tyler Brown

It was just that entire scene where Mika is wrecking carta and her crew.

Ryder Stewart
Ryder Stewart

Neat. Season 1 had major pacing issues and the forced NTR and harem shit really doused what felt like a bit of a 'return to roots' For Gundam. Show would be a lot better without the snowflake rainow hair, Relena Peacecraft love triangle, and 'literally a fucking harem ship' bullshit. It's like they can't decide if they want to be a gundam show or some flavor of the month moeshit.

Ian Gonzalez
Ian Gonzalez

oh sorry, It wasn't a grimdark war drama. Remind me a bit how much serious was ZZ? Anime janai, wasn't it?

Blake Gutierrez
Blake Gutierrez

SD, G, X, Gunpla Builders, Build Fighters, and G-Reco weren't war stories but were still gundam. Action is higher priority than muh grimdark.

Jaxon Allen
Jaxon Allen

It would be cool if it turned out his brain is actually half-artificial or something because of damage from before. Would explain his character being so focused and approaching one-dimensional.

Though they have sort of a parallel theme going there with Mika which could make it a bit heavy-handed if not done well.

Jeremiah Gomez
Jeremiah Gomez

I hope you are not shitting on ZZ and ANIME JA NAI, especially ANIME JA NAI

Andrew Kelly
Andrew Kelly

Zeta > Double Zeta

Charles Wright
Charles Wright

I feel like IBO will be remembered as an average-tier Gundam at best. It won't be talked about with the level of disdain of something like Seed Destiny, but no one will be jumping at the bits to talk about it after it's finished.

Cameron Cox
Cameron Cox

It won't be talked about with the level of disdain of something like Seed Destiny
Give it time

Ryder Allen
Ryder Allen

Most of the zeta crew was unbearable, only the returning characters from 0079 were cool and I thought ptsd Amuro and mentor Char were great.
By the end of the show I was tired of almost everyones shit and then everyone proceeds to die in the most stupid way possible.
ZZ.>Z

William Barnes
William Barnes

I doubt it. It has been babby's first Gundam of this generation, like Wing, Seed and 00 were.

Ethan Jenkins
Ethan Jenkins

Random street rat beats up Wong
Random rookie destroys an extremely powerful Gundam only using an old heavily damaged Zaku armed with a Heat Hawk, something Char could never hope to do
Why are all pre-ZZ characters such weak pussies?

Gabriel Wilson
Gabriel Wilson

At least it was better than Active Raid aka an anime so bad it earns a 1/10.

Julian Lopez
Julian Lopez

weird, i think the same thing for ZZ

Robert Allen
Robert Allen

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FandomRivalry/AnimeAndManga

According to this gundam fans have rivalries and in loads.

Caleb Edwards
Caleb Edwards

I have no idea why you would think that, because even Beecha and Mondo learned their lesson and became allright unlike Katz.

James Fisher
James Fisher

So basically Katz alone ruined your opinion of the show. Sasuga Katz.

Connor Bennett
Connor Bennett

Everybody on Tekkadan's side is getting murdered
Mika will still be Muder Manlet even as he draws his final breath
Mika fucks Atra and they have a baby.

The Mobile Armor arc is a bit shonen-y, but after that everything that could go wrong for Tekkadan happens. Now the Manlet of Murder and Guts of Space are going to have a final stand against G-horn, but they won't be facing the main villain. They'll be fighting a secondary and a ton of grunts.

I may be making the last half of S2 sound great, but it's a very mixed bag. Very unlike the last half of S1. Feels like we're in Victory Gundam territory as anyone could die.

Cooper Harris
Cooper Harris

Katz is more likeable than Murderzuki

Gavin Reed
Gavin Reed

I hated how stupid kids made fools of veterans like Bright and everyone else

Evan Wilson
Evan Wilson

CCA and F91 fans get in fights?

Henry Morris
Henry Morris

I honestly think the Mobile Armor arc was the worst part of IBO so far, easily.

But then I've been enjoying it more than most here apparently have, so eh.

Caleb Martinez
Caleb Martinez

Well I thought it was a fun dynamic, since they were just a bunch of hoodlums and Bright is this serious guy so it is kinda natural he doesn't know how to handle them.

Nicholas Flores
Nicholas Flores

I admit I made a lot of assumptions when editing that page including putting personal beliefs in there.

Julian Williams
Julian Williams

I honestly think the Mobile Armor arc was the worst part of IBO so far, easily.
How? It was the only watchable part because it had something resembling action in it. Granted Hashmal had one of the weakest beams in the franchise, but still.

Noah Sullivan
Noah Sullivan

There is also reccoa, Sarah and Beltorchika.
I also thought the shit with Rosamy was stupid, I know why Kamille was so keen on helping her, but they really shouldn't have let her on the ship if there is no supervision for her.

Isaac Evans
Isaac Evans

You do realize the beam itself is powerful, but Mobile Suits in IBO were created specifically destroy Mobile Armors, right?

Chase Nelson
Chase Nelson

Here comes a "I hate beams" fag

Gabriel Gonzalez
Gabriel Gonzalez

Rather they shouldn't have let her talk to these stupid fucking kids.

Jaxon Foster
Jaxon Foster

What? That was a statement made by McGill in the show. Did you forget the first time it fired its beam? It may not be on par with the TBR, but it's pretty strong as its the only beam weapon in IBO so far.

Owen Hill
Owen Hill

but it's pretty strong
You can stop baiting any day now.

Adam Carter
Adam Carter

I'm not here for the action, more for the 'anyone can die' part. Good action is good, but seeing people get murdered senselessly and how others respond to that is what keeps the tension high for me.

If the real action sequences were less 'Mika shows up and wins' and more tense, I might like them more, but there was no chance the Mobile Armor was actually going to escape.

Also, that fucker continuously sabotaging every plan Tekkadan came up with was irritating to watch. Wanted him to just get offed already.

Jaxson Green
Jaxson Green

Do you like IBO?
No

Turn A

Sebastian Perry
Sebastian Perry

GBF season 1 is amazing.
Don't watch s2 for chicken how are you.

Benjamin Harris
Benjamin Harris

Those kids had no bussines being on that ship in the first place.
Char took him with them, becuase he was going to take care of them, but he just dumps them onto Fa and never even looks at their direction again.

Cooper Hughes
Cooper Hughes

/a/ is filled with Turn A faggotry

Isaiah Evans
Isaiah Evans

butthurt yurifag defending MUH LESBIANS!!!!1!!!

Brandon Powell
Brandon Powell

Ctrl+F Turn A
3 matches
Nice shitpost, retard.

Levi Young
Levi Young

Turn A almost killed the franchise and deserves scorn.

Lincoln Cook
Lincoln Cook

Do you like IBO?
No.
X

Thomas Nguyen
Thomas Nguyen

Cool mouth, does it talk with dialogue?
This, Turn A is on the lower end of the spectrum in terms of quality.

Dominic Nguyen
Dominic Nguyen

Is that why they continued to make Gundam without stopping at all after Turn A?

Carter Morgan
Carter Morgan

that low quality animation
Good thing CGI replaces things these days

Asher James
Asher James

It had the lowest ratings until Age

Jeremiah Torres
Jeremiah Torres

You said the one thing that could anger me.

Christian Johnson
Christian Johnson

How is that possible when 0078 had literally zero ratings at one point?
Checkmate atheist.

Oliver Robinson
Oliver Robinson

3D CGI superior, 2D hand draw inferior, get over it

Daniel King
Daniel King

I dropped it after the break. Is the harem dead?

Colton Lopez
Colton Lopez

autism

Jordan Edwards
Jordan Edwards

best visuals
best music
comfy and fun
most emotional ending
How can it not be your favorite?

Jeremiah Morris
Jeremiah Morris

Ask the people that release the ratings
atheist
I believe in God, checkmate ball is in your court.

Jaxon Flores
Jaxon Flores

A nuke on a gundam

Isaiah Turner
Isaiah Turner

best visuals
That in 00
best music
That is SEED and Destiny
comfy and fun
That was X
most emotional ending
That was Victory
How can it not be your favorite?
Because it sucked ass?

Chase Walker
Chase Walker

Most of them are fine.
Naze, Amira, and Lafter died, as did some random harem girls. Azee now wears a suit and hat and is running Turbines

Lincoln Baker
Lincoln Baker

So Turn Ass is a bunch of felching?

Noah Evans
Noah Evans

okay that was funny

Angel Bailey
Angel Bailey

00 literally has the least appealing visuals after IBO.
I don't even remember the soundtrack in Seed and Destiny. Seed's first OP and ED are iconic but that's it.
X is comfy and fun too but doesn't measure up to Turn A otherwise.
Victory is generally too boring for the ending to have much impact.

Dylan Johnson
Dylan Johnson

Gundam Wing is the best gundam.

Chase Miller
Chase Miller

A mix of 4 and 5

Joseph Torres
Joseph Torres

All thanks to Relena

Jordan White
Jordan White

Nope, except for the mecha designs. Thanks, Ippei!
Dunno, I don;t like any Tomino Gundam at all but they're good.

Logan Morris
Logan Morris

Being crushed inside his cuckpit.

Ryder Brooks
Ryder Brooks

AV System type M, courtesy of Yamazin.

Christian Butler
Christian Butler

Victory ending
emotional

Pick 1

I burst out laughing when Chronicle died because it was so stupid. The entire second half was terrible.

Jace Flores
Jace Flores

best visuals

AYY

Daniel Hughes
Daniel Hughes

Turn A faggotry is annoying
Pick 1
Both

Joseph Morgan
Joseph Morgan

00 literally has the least appealing visuals after IBO.
What's it like being blind?

Michael Perry
Michael Perry

best visuals
That in 00
Everything Studio 3 puts out looks like ass. They blew their load with 0083 and haven't made anything pretty since

Jackson Brooks
Jackson Brooks

Does the Type E system have Ein's literal brain in it or is it just modelled after him?

Christopher Barnes
Christopher Barnes

What it like being blind and retarded on top of it all?

Jeremiah Cook
Jeremiah Cook

Implying
Have you seen the shading in 0083? I thought they hired Otaking himself when I until I checked the credits.

Brayden Walker
Brayden Walker

Hey I'm going to compare a monthly OVA series with a TV series
What's it like being a super retarded?

Otaking
Stop false-flagging as an anti-/m/ shitposter.

Jose Murphy
Jose Murphy

Stop false-flagging as an anti-/m/ shitposter.
What are you on about? Take your meds you fucking nut.

Dominic Martinez
Dominic Martinez

I'm onto you kusolord.

Mason Hernandez
Mason Hernandez

They said they needed his brain as a buffer for Gaelio to use the system safely.

Anthony Scott
Anthony Scott

2/10 bait

Easton Morales
Easton Morales

You want to fix Gundam?

Gen Urobuchi to write a series.

Problem fucking solved. It would be more entertaining than the usual shit Okada did here.

Alexander Russell
Alexander Russell

Ah, that makes sense. I was a bit confused seeing how they talked about the system both as if it was Ein and it was a machine.

Ayden Foster
Ayden Foster

Studio 3 can occasionally animate action well when they feel like it but the in house style is terrible. Washed out colours, pointless gradients that make everything look like its made from plastic. Their shows have nice mech design but the rest of the world design feel generally feels unimaginative in comparison.

Jordan Brooks
Jordan Brooks

They said that the core of the system is made of Ein's brain and his vagina thing.

Logan Howard
Logan Howard

What does it matter how much Studio 3 has fallen post-00? The point was with Mizushima and Kuroda they were doing great when it came to 00's animation and visuals. The only TV series that has comparable visuals, production values, quality, animation, and flair how combat doesn't get boring in a mecha series is G-Reco and that came out almost a decade after 00 finished its run in 2009.

Wyatt Bailey
Wyatt Bailey

all killed
Lockon doesn't count as all of them. Celestial Being also fixed all of that following the first season once the Innovators showed up.

None of the protags are blamed as the villains in this besides by the Zeon remnants but who gives a shit what they and Char think.

Dylan Smith
Dylan Smith

00 looked awful aside from the really good action sequences.

Gavin Butler
Gavin Butler

Sure thing buddy, whatever helps you cope with the bullshit your peddling. Have a (You) on the house.

Liam Williams
Liam Williams

you mean post 08 MS Team. Theyre still stuck in the early digital Seed Destiny style

Isaiah Carter
Isaiah Carter

What is the best foreseeable outcome for this? They either escape and are fugitives under Rustal's Gjallarhorn, fight and likely die or there's another season where they rise up to get rid of Rustal. There's one episode left, there's literally no way they could have a positive outcome for these characters unless they have another season or Julietta or Gaelio decide to backstab Rustal.

Kevin Smith
Kevin Smith

Char was the protagonist. The evil Feddies were clearly the bad guys. Besides polluting the Earth, one of them even intentionally killed a friendly.

Noah Jackson
Noah Jackson

08th MS Team was garbage compared to 0083 when it came to production values.

Samuel Sanders
Samuel Sanders

As long as he doesn't go full psycho pass with it, then I'm okay with it.
He'll have a hard time though, Destiny already tackled the theme of utilitarianism. This pony will have no choice but to find another trick.

Gavin Brown
Gavin Brown

So delusional he even sortied in a last ditch attempt to get even from a losing agenda with an under equipped 300 year old Gundam with zero men under his command the only friend he had left in the world was Hitler.

Being McGillis must be like being born into pure suffering knowing you will never succeed at anything except going out in a blaze of hilariously delusional glory.

John Foster
John Foster

They better do something with the Mobile armors. Here I was thinking choco was going to asspull one but instead he died like a moron.

Gabriel Wright
Gabriel Wright

Hathaway is retarded though, he doesn't account for the entire Federation forces.

polluting the Earth

And crashing an asteroid into the Earth for the sake of "muh newtypes" isn't evil? Char's personality swings worse than a pendulum from 0079 to Zeta to CCA and his objective clearly makes him the villain.

Chase Perez
Chase Perez

You're right
they really havent produced anything remotely visually appealing 0083

Adam Brooks
Adam Brooks

McGillis is a chuuni that kept it under wraps until he got into a position of power, blew his load too early and got stamped out as a result. What a fucking retard.

MUH BAEL

Eli Adams
Eli Adams

Galifag pls.

Ryder Ortiz
Ryder Ortiz

Neh Okada without someone to contain her would make fun and brutal gundam, every time someone try to contain her it's end up like this, you just can't contain madness but these people never learn.

Noah Bennett
Noah Bennett

Char
protagonist
Yes he's very progressive unlike Haman or Ghiren or Degwin dropping asteroids instead of colonies on the Earth killing hundreds of thousands while going through his early mid-life crisis.

*after 00.

Liam Ortiz
Liam Ortiz

Someone post the MUH BRAND OF ZEON IS TOTALLY different image.

Jose Wood
Jose Wood

Who's worse, Hathaway Noa or Katz Kobayashi?

Bentley Clark
Bentley Clark

Many of the front line Tekkadan guys die buying enough time for most to escape
It looks like Mika is killed, but is kept ambiguous
Sugoilia reveals Rustal's evil to the world leading to a revolution against Ghallarhorn
Vidar attempts to become a hero of justice to make up for the sin of killing Agnika Kaieru's successor
Timeskip epilogue we find out Kudelia sugoied the world into a state of eternal sugo
We see Eugene and some other Tekkadan guys survived
Atra with a little kid or maybe a baby and then they go meetup with Kudelia on a farm someplace at the very end the show Mika there
The end

Luis White
Luis White

Sunrise is finally returning to the UC master race

Ryan Myers
Ryan Myers

Sugoilia reveals Rustal's evil to the world leading to a revolution against Ghallarhorn

Rustal controls nearly all the media. Kudelia's company is under the thumb of the fat old dude who is under the thumb of Rustal. There's literally no foreseeable way for that to occur successfully, even less than when Fumitan died for it to happen.

Carson Hernandez
Carson Hernandez

killing hundreds of thousands
It would've killed a whole lot more than that.
Just goes to show Char haters have no idea what they're talking about.

Brayden Bailey
Brayden Bailey

Fuck Zeon.

Blake Richardson
Blake Richardson

Katz
Almost defeated Yazan
Hathaway
Just a stupid faggot

The choice is clear

David Garcia
David Garcia

Atlas Gundam is fucking sweet.

Xavier Thomas
Xavier Thomas

Could be worse,I started with G-reco ;_;

Lincoln Johnson
Lincoln Johnson

I want another show by the Unicorn team, those OVAs were pure MS porn.

Dominic Thompson
Dominic Thompson

Surely she will do something after wasting 25 fucking episodes getting to Canada.

Evan Rodriguez
Evan Rodriguez

But G-Reco is one of the best Gundams

Benjamin Morgan
Benjamin Morgan

No.
X
ZZ

Chase Barnes
Chase Barnes

Can't wait for tomorrow. SEASON 3 HERE WE GO. Although i think i actually prefer a movie

Joseph Martin
Joseph Martin

Fuck you! my boy Daryl will fuck you up!

Noah Reyes
Noah Reyes

season 3
Dumb IBO fag.

Jason Morris
Jason Morris

Is she dare I say /our gal/?

Ian Reyes
Ian Reyes

Literal monkey
Worse pilot than grunts
Mindless muh Paptimus-sama
Refuses to become one with the machine
She's /trash/'s gal

Landon Myers
Landon Myers

worse pilot than the grunts
This is a hyperbolic lie and exaggeration if there ever was one.

Alexander Bailey
Alexander Bailey

Is it? That grunt very nearly killed Mika. What has she done?

Kayden Jackson
Kayden Jackson

That grunt very nearly killed Mika.
Hahaha what? Nope.

Thomas King
Thomas King

MACKY'S RETURN TOMORROW.

Isaiah Price
Isaiah Price

I can't wait to see the Choco Requiem / Choco's Counterattack shitstorm tomorrow

Sebastian Rodriguez
Sebastian Rodriguez

Why do you think that?
Telling someone "the third season is really good!" isn't going to encourage people to start from the first season.

Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

I miss him
I'm only watching to see if Iok doesn't croak.

Anthony Perez
Anthony Perez

Of course.

Julian Wilson
Julian Wilson

Macky did nothing wrong, the only reason why his plan failed was because Gaelio asspulled himself from the dead with no explanation whatsoever.

Anthony Baker
Anthony Baker

Hathaway, say what you will about Katz the only one he got killed was himself.

Adrian Cruz
Adrian Cruz

He'll always return to my heart.

Tyler Young
Tyler Young

So, does getting fucked in the ass as a kid guarantee that you grow up to be a pedophile and a chunni?

David Phillips
David Phillips

watch the ending be such an obvious plot, tekkaden gets wrekt but they were getting filmed from a news station and civilians learn about the truth and hold a mass protest starting from the colonies which leads up to gjallhorn becoming reformed.

Dylan Kelly
Dylan Kelly

Agnika Kaieru does it
Wow what a hero
McGillis does it
Fucking chuuni

Jason Myers
Jason Myers

Agnika Kaieru didn't fail.

Charles Lewis
Charles Lewis

Agnika Kaieru had friends.

Chase Williams
Chase Williams

What are the odds Mika communicates with Agnika's brain/soul at some point when pushing the Barbatos to the max?

Isaiah Ramirez
Isaiah Ramirez

Zero. AK only lives in Macky's heart.

Ayden Rogers
Ayden Rogers

so far, I think the whole “Agnika soul” was bullshit, nothing but a fairytale

Camden Sullivan
Camden Sullivan

I think people are just taking the soul aspect too literally.

Landon Bailey
Landon Bailey

I don't think it was ever supposed to be literal

James Myers
James Myers

its ok user, Kudelia will take good care of Atra and the Baby

Jacob Price
Jacob Price

The Agnika Kaieru plot was completely pointless.

Nathan Johnson
Nathan Johnson

After credits scene
Broken and battered Barbatos shown standing powerless in the field
pieces of broken grazes strewn everywhere
Shot of cockpit showing mika's lifeless body slumped over the controls
close up of Barbatos, followed by silence
Barbatos's eyes suddenly light up
Iron-Blooded Orphans, to be continued
How would you react?
shot

Brody Foster
Brody Foster

The Kudelia plot was completely pointless.

Chase Davis
Chase Davis

waiting for the hmanga announcements

Isaac Phillips
Isaac Phillips

Kudelia is actually relevant as a character, AK never had a purpose since Macky is out of the picture without doing anything anyways.

Eli Ross
Eli Ross

The Takaki and Aston plot was completely pointless

Carter Sanchez
Carter Sanchez

Macky is out of the picture without doing anything anyways.
I cannot wait to post smug anime girl pictures all day tomorrow when we find out Macky won.

Noah Nelson
Noah Nelson

What plot he was just the guy Mackie idolized and why he wanted Bael so much.
I don't think there was ever a "plot" with him except for some lore and Makcie.

Jaxon Hill
Jaxon Hill

yrw McGillis stages a comeback for S3?

Hudson Cook
Hudson Cook

Agnika didn’t have any plot, he was simply background fluff for the universe, it’s not his fault McGillis was crazy over him

Angel Nelson
Angel Nelson

Relena is so handsome

Parker Green
Parker Green

Is the emblem on the shoulder supposed to be fucked up?

Julian Ortiz
Julian Ortiz

Bael is such a qt.

Robert Peterson
Robert Peterson

A quick rundown on Iok Kujan:
-Bernsteins bow to Iok
-In contact with orphans
-Possess caligraphy-like abilities
-Controls Gjallarhorn with an iron but fair fist
-Owns eye liner & blouses galactically
-Direct descendants of the ancient Kujan blood line
-Will accidentally destroy the first city on Chryse (the result will be named the Kujan crater)
-populated 99% of the graveyards on Mars
-First designer babies will in all likelihood be Kujan babies
-is said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence in Gundam has only existed in form of Patrick Colasour and Flanders
-Ancient Indian scripture tells of man shaped calamity who will descend upon Mars and purge it of all space rats
-You likely have a Dainslaff spear inside you right now
-Iok Kujan is in regular communication with Agnika Kaieru, forwarding the word of Bael to Gjallarhorn.
-learned caligraphy in under a week
-Arrionrod fleet entrusts their meat reserves with Iok
-Iok is about 7 years old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
-In reality, he is a timeless beings existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe, which he will cause.

Jose Mitchell
Jose Mitchell

SEED was more entertaining to watch than IBO

Evan Flores
Evan Flores

I think it was literal to McGillis. I think he saw Mikazuki's link with Barbatos, remembered the mythology he read about Agnika Kaieru, and correlated that Barbatos must have a soul that Mikazuki bonded with to be so powerful a fighter. Then he figured Bael was the same way and that it would gift him with that same powerful bond with its own soul (Agnika), but what McGillis didn't reckon on is that Mikazuki's power as a fighter wasn't something gifted to him by anything in Barbatos: it was gifted to him by his bond with Orga. McGillis cast aside that chance when he betrayed Gaelio and Carta, rejecting them for what turned out to be a false Holy Grail caused by a misinterpretation of the signs and portents he believed he saw unfolding in front of him.

Benjamin Rodriguez
Benjamin Rodriguez

All these people who are still deluding themselves into thinking IBO is a fantasy novel. Wasn't Choco's delusions being BTFO enough to tell you what kind of story this is?
I bet they're the same people who want a self insert fantasy OVA about the Calamity War. Well, I can't fault you guys for this though. Grimdark muh realistic deep stuff with bad execution and downer end can only be so entertaining to watch.

Ethan Flores
Ethan Flores

Won how? His entire purpose was to remove Rustal and reform Gjallarhorn. That's not going to happen.

It's also a shit Gundam Frame when it has no redeeming qualities despite requiring a AV system to use. The swords are useless and it has nothing else of note besides a booster, which mind you, did absolutely nothing to stop Gaelio from catching and assfucking Mackie.

Anthony Barnes
Anthony Barnes

Seed Destiny was fun to watch just to see how far they'd go. How much can they play favorites with characters? How much can they screw over the new cast?

Brandon Jackson
Brandon Jackson

I feel like Wing is responsible for this stupid princess bullshit being mandatory in every Gundam for some retarded reason. Seriously, how many gundam series are there where the main protag falls in love with a fucking princess now?

Zachary Foster
Zachary Foster

Fuck you, it wouldn't have been pointless if it hadn't been thrown aside just to move Takaki into Old Man in Arbrau's office.

Matthew Nguyen
Matthew Nguyen

Of course. Seed is the most entertaining Gundam.

Juan Wright
Juan Wright

When I posted I didn't think it was actually a good idea. I think it'd be an asspull and not in step with how the series works. That doesn't mean it's completely unlikely. I've seen shows take a harder turn in it's last act.

Jeremiah James
Jeremiah James

hey it's not Bael or Mackie's fault that Gaelio has plot armor up the waazo.
Those swords are suposed to be unbreakable, but somehow Gaelio is able to break them?

Joshua Robinson
Joshua Robinson

S1 was basically a shout out and celebration of pretty much everything from the franchise over the years (With a focus around the gunpla) and was a lot of fun. On top of that, they kept the actual plot so simple it was impossible to fuck it up and focused a lot on the characters. All around it was a really fun series.

S2 was the cheap kids tournament series we were all afraid S1 would be. Less references, more original designs and less fun customs, the power creep got ridiculous, it put way too much focus on a stupid love triangle, and it squandered a lot of potential it had while failing to develop most of the cast.

The Try Island Wars OVA connected to the second season was just offensively bad and focused on the worst parts of the second season.

The OVA coming for the first season supposedly has the original staff back on board (The second season had a director change) so hopefully it works out better.

Brandon Perry
Brandon Perry

You could argue it's a callback to the Tomino novels for MSG, when Amuro falls for Sayla, a de facto "princess" of Zeon even if she's an exile, but Relena shoved it down everyone's throats to the point where even unrelated series like Unicorn got it jammed in.

We will never be free of this trope again until we get an MC that actually makes good on their word and puts a bullet into a besotted peace princess's face.

Joshua Morgan
Joshua Morgan

Wife, are you here? I have a feeling you are.

Landon Martin
Landon Martin

Grimdark muh realistic deep stuff with bad execution and downer end can only be so entertaining to watch.
I fucking love it. Give me more death and suffering, and better yet, stop making it an anime and start bringing it to the real world.

Anyone who isn't enjoying this is a goddamn philistine.

Sorry, my edge concealer sprung a leak.

Jacob Parker
Jacob Parker

this weak bait

Jaxon Hill
Jaxon Hill

Blame Macky for not checking for a damn body after beating him.

The whole ignoring Gaelio thing is exactly the sort of bullshit that let him live in the first place.

Anthony Johnson
Anthony Johnson

Try Island Wars OVA
Genesic Try Burning GaoGaiGundam

Fucking shoot me.

Michael Adams
Michael Adams

they kept the actual plot so simple
The fantasy world bullshit was worse than anything in Try

Nicholas Garcia
Nicholas Garcia

It's why I both love and hate IBO. I love IBO because in a lot of respects, the 'tone' is a return to the roots of the original where characters are generally more down to earth and believable, and the combat is more raw and tense.

But then it goes and ruins it with rainbow hair, harems, NTR, and obligatory peace princess stuff like it's some generic moe-shit anime.

Why do they think people want this shit in a gundam show? People that enjoy moe shit don't care about action. The closest they care about it is otaku-bait merchandise-mills like Girls und Panzer, Upotte, and whatever that latest flavor of the month is with the edgy not-nazi-loli.

Elijah Parker
Elijah Parker

It would make sense, but if Gaelio stayed dead there wouldn't be a season 2 so they just kept him alive without any explanation.
Also the chances of someone surviving a giant ass sword throught the cockpit is unlikely.

Nathaniel Wilson
Nathaniel Wilson

Not gonna lie. My friends and I were laughing like madmen during the entire OVA.
It was just amazingly absurd in everything it did to piss people off.

The Genesic Try Burning GaoGaiGundam confirming fucking magic exists in the BF verse was the icing on the cake

Blake Baker
Blake Baker

I've seen shows take a harder turn in it's last act
Well you're not exactly wrong. Can't say I didn't go through a what the fuck BSOD the first time I saw naked bodies of souls in space in my gundams. Which, strangely enough, did happen in IBO. After all Agnika's soul being somehwere out there isn't that much of a stretch when you take this into consideration. Like they say, if you're gonna go retard, might as well go full retard.

Austin Watson
Austin Watson

confirming fucking magic exists in the BF verse was the icing on the cake

S1 already did that with the teleporting, wish granting, gunpla moving, telepathic link shenanigans.

Tyler Jackson
Tyler Jackson

I want these two to win and start a catering service back on Earth.

Lincoln Ortiz
Lincoln Ortiz

Yeah, but performing an ancient summoning ritual from the SD Gundam universe to control a god is on another level.
They learned actual summoning magic to win a tournament

Eli Sanders
Eli Sanders

Yes
00 was pretty good
he is a hack
Thunderbolt

Hudson Anderson
Hudson Anderson

You mean the fantasy world that got almost no focus and mostly existed as a plot device for making gunpla battle work was somehow worse than the awful love triangle crap that kept coming up every episode of the second half of Try that piddled out into nothing anyways?

Christopher Perez
Christopher Perez

That's not going to happen.
I have complete unbreakable faith in the General. He will not let us down, even in his "death".

Matthew Gonzalez
Matthew Gonzalez

why is Fumina so fucking hot

Cooper Mitchell
Cooper Mitchell

Do you think this could have been avoided if they didn't have giant Tekkadan logos on their backs?

Caleb Jones
Caleb Jones

I just figured the summon thing was built into the battle system. The entire summon was a reference on how that specific SD gets summoned in its own lore. A lot of SD are "Magic" like that.

Noah Long
Noah Long

Yes
Victory
None of 'em are masterpieces. The best thing to ever come out of the franchise is War in the Pocket.

Samuel Martinez
Samuel Martinez

why is yamagi so cute?

Eli Gray
Eli Gray

No, because Orga's hairstyle is louder and more recognizable than the fucking jackets.

John Green
John Green

Body shape + skintight clothing.

Oliver Rodriguez
Oliver Rodriguez

I think he was fucked anyway, but yeah, it’s a little silly of them

Michael Torres
Michael Torres

It's okay user, it happens to everyone. I disagree on one point though, IBO is just like the real world.
Most of the time it's boring. Most of the people dying are people I don't care about. The people with money are colluding with the people in power, and they always win in the end. The one guy I like will never look at me and is fixated on another guy. Nah ok I lied about that last one.
But still, I don't need this.

Dylan Roberts
Dylan Roberts

He was fucked anyways. The goons were watching the building and Orga is pretty damn recognizable thanks to his hair and burgundy suit.

Michael Turner
Michael Turner

Pretty sure neither know how to cook or even how to make coffee.

William White
William White

Did anyone not see this coming after the excruciatingly long setup with Ride being almost exactly like how Naze's girls got shot?

Brody Martinez
Brody Martinez

reference on how that specific SD gets summoned in its own lore
explain further

Andrew Rogers
Andrew Rogers

Season 3
That's unlikely, the whole point of the show is that you can't just solve everything with power. Also how many more updates is barbatos going to get? He already looks like a Digimon.

Justin Brooks
Justin Brooks

We will never see Mackie create the world of strenght he desired.
Status quo preserving lawfags are going to win this time.
Jesus christ how horrifying.

Christian Myers
Christian Myers

It's Gold God Superior Kaiser. It's got a bunch of lore in the SD-verse behind it and yeah it's basically the god of SD gundams in it's setting.

The main reason they even threw it in was most likely that around that time an SDX figure of it was being released. The only actual kit of it is pretty old and goes for plain stupid amounts because it was never remade after its initial run (Something about the kit not being made by Bandai's gunpla department or something iirc).

Logan Brown
Logan Brown

It's a shame really, McGillis is easily one of the most entertaining Gundam characters.

Caleb Watson
Caleb Watson

Have you even watched any other Gundam series?

Andrew Sanchez
Andrew Sanchez

how the fuck is she still alive

Owen Perez
Owen Perez

Yes

Liam Martinez
Liam Martinez

Magic bathtub strikes again.

Gabriel Parker
Gabriel Parker

I expected it so hard I laughed when the tire screech came up. And I kept laughing all the while.
Like seriously, the light, the happy music, the shot in the corridor, Chad waiting outside, the discussion Orga has with Ride, them finding new hope, I could tell, like maybe 2 whole minutes before it happened.
And as if that wasn't enough, Orga's death was not only long, but almost theatrical. Like seriously, did he prepare a speech he would utter as he was dying, just in case?
Not to mention the show wanted me to cry hard, but yeah no, fuck you show, I don't care for cunts like Orga.

James Cruz
James Cruz

did he prepare a speech he would utter as he was dying, just in case?
You know I think I did that way back when I was in 4th grade.

Elijah Ross
Elijah Ross

Pretty much all of this.

Joshua Gonzalez
Joshua Gonzalez

lawfags
Does this mean I get to blame Zelenin?

Landon White
Landon White

Eat shit McGillis

Gavin James
Gavin James

Why would you prepare a speech for your death when you were in 4th grade?

Zachary Lopez
Zachary Lopez

IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING

Eli Carter
Eli Carter

ofcourse you can, I don't see why not.

Brandon Sanders
Brandon Sanders

your face when they have no OP and use Raise Your Flag for the ED in the finale

Logan Cooper
Logan Cooper

I have no idea. I just thought about it because of that post. It was probably just something I thought would sound cool because I watched too much anime at the time.

Andrew Campbell
Andrew Campbell

I'd rather have OOOOORPAANS NAMIDAAAAAA.

Benjamin Perez
Benjamin Perez

Also acceptable.

Ayden Jenkins
Ayden Jenkins

It’s more likely too

Gabriel Smith
Gabriel Smith

CHICKEN HOW ARE YOU!!!

EVERY!

SINGLE!

MATCH!

Adam King
Adam King

Soon, soon I can finally say goodbye to that show. Forever.

Colton Smith
Colton Smith

Lesbians
Show is literally about a girl wanting her oniisama to notice her
Holy shit, /u/ btfo.

Angel Wood
Angel Wood

They are the villains.

Nicholas Stewart
Nicholas Stewart

I don't know, I usually only ever think female characters are cute but yamagi's pretty cute.

Adam Davis
Adam Davis

they are really. Gjallerhorn are for all reasons the good guys in terms of how the world is

Noah Sanchez
Noah Sanchez

I'm honestly really happy Orga died

he caused all of this. After all the blood and sacrifice, Tekkadan finally got a reliable business growing. They had secure financial ties. Even after that fake war/mafia bullshit, they were still relatively well off and in good public standing.

Then Mr. Macky comes along and offers Orga mars. Instead of declining the offer, like a good businessman would, he agrees and proceeds to get almost all of his family and himself killed.

Watching Orga die is one of the most gratifying parts of this whole series.

Gabriel Fisher
Gabriel Fisher

They're good guys because they wield power in a reckless, evil manner
Macky is a bad guy because he wants to use power in order to protect the weak
????

David Lee
David Lee

The fucking calamity war or the exact aftermath and building of gjallhaorn would have been a much better series fucking christ

Brody Lee
Brody Lee

For all its faults at least IBO realistically depicted what would happen to a merc group run by children put against people with far more experience and insight

John Green
John Green

50 episodes of Sugoinika Kaieru effortlessly cutting apart mobile armors
With the animation quality IBO turned out to have
No thanks.

Joshua Lopez
Joshua Lopez

I sure fucking hope not, this shit doesn't need a third season

Samuel Gonzalez
Samuel Gonzalez

What comes to mind when you see this machine?

Jacob Adams
Jacob Adams

A very ugly bug.

John Lewis
John Lewis

Turbo Rape.

Alexander Lopez
Alexander Lopez

Gjallerhorn are like Gadafis Libyan Goverment, corrupt, but at the end of the day they still keep order.

Mackys idea is essentially to turn the whole world into a lawless country for a period of time, it would take years for him to gain total control all the while without Gjallerhorn pirates, would likely take over a lot of Colonies.

the entire thing with Gundam has always been that the Status Quo is always better than turning everything on it's head. look at 0079-to essentially Unicorn. people dont want the world to change.

David Clark
David Clark

it has no waist. who misplaced the arms?
why does it have shoulderpads on shoulderpads?

Jason Hernandez
Jason Hernandez

Katoki please

Anthony Taylor
Anthony Taylor

Mackys idea is essentially to turn the whole world into a lawless country for a period of time
No it isn't. Stopped reading there.

Easton Moore
Easton Moore

Kobe.

Joshua Brooks
Joshua Brooks

it seems ibo proved that focusing a whole series on the merc group, that in any other series would typically be working under the opposition and occasionally encountered, is really fucking boring

Kevin Ramirez
Kevin Ramirez

Both arc v and iBO endings are so shit. I want my time back.

Jonathan Richardson
Jonathan Richardson

RAISE YOUR FAG

Eli Ward
Eli Ward

Only one is shit user

Isaac Turner
Isaac Turner

So bad end or maybe bittersweet ending, right?

Eli Jackson
Eli Jackson

so who had the strongest Alan Vagina system or were they all pretty much the same shit

Samuel Gomez
Samuel Gomez

Right now it's still the 3-pronged wonder, unless we get a Mikazuki vs Gaelio fight which might prove the new hotness is superior to the old & busted Martian alley chopjob.

Liam Lopez
Liam Lopez

Sad end

Hunter Sanchez
Hunter Sanchez

Mika and Gali Gali have no way to get to each other. Gaeilou's suit is trashed and mika would be blown to bits if he somehow got launched into space before being gunned down on Mars

Ayden Ortiz
Ayden Ortiz

You know, I was really with it until Shino missed his shot. There could be something about Rustal that we're going to learn in this last episode, but honestly, he seems... replaceable? If they'd killed him off, brought in another commander who was just as capable as him, that would have allowed them to do that, "I fought the law and the law won," ending we're getting without that massive boner killer. You can convey the intractability of the status quo without killing all the good guys and none of the bad guys.

Alexander Ramirez
Alexander Ramirez

I'm binge watching this shit, and I just got to Lafter's death. Most characters killed by gunfire has been shot three times, but it took six to take this bitch down. The guy who killed her has brown hair, so it must have been Heero Yuy.

Charles King
Charles King

Not Uno Pehniis

Eli Morris
Eli Morris

Agreed completely, they are one merc group fighting against the reigning government. There is no reason for gjallahorn to not send wave after wave of officers telling them you're fucked no matter what

David Foster
David Foster

The event will soon start. Get ready for the spoilers

Josiah Clark
Josiah Clark

using his bullets on the wrong blonde

Yep, sounds like Heero all right.

Ethan Morgan
Ethan Morgan

Poor little space rats… all they wanted was to be happy, why did they have to be so greedy?

Zachary James
Zachary James

Well so much for discussing the finale in peace.

Cameron Young
Cameron Young

Well we won't be getting the episode for another 5-6 hours and the boards might be back to normal by then.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page