Ghostbusters 2016 SUCCESS

Now that the dust has settled, can Sup Forums finally admit it was completely wrong? I remember all of you being so smug about how hard this would flop, but guess what? Box office 229.1 million - budget 144 million means about 90 million dollars in PROFIT.
Feminism kicked your asses in the long term, just as it always has and always will.

in Hollywood if you dont make at least double what it cost to make the film its considered a flop

Uhhhh

The film grossed $229 million worldwide against a production budget of $144 million, plus a large amount spent on marketing. The film is considered a box office disappointment.[6]

The artist is the same than Hoshino, Me o Tsubutte, no?

>of course im uncut, im not a jew

lol

x2 rule user for average marketing, merchandising, and distribution (toys, trailers and shit cost money and are directly tied to the success or failure of the movie)

144+144= 288 million

288-229= 59 million dollar loss.

Not only that, but the film itself was marketed and merchandised a lot. Sony wanted this to be a franchise and sunk much more than the x2 rule into this movie. It is very easy to see that the movie must have made 500 million to turn a profit.

Ghostbusters 2016 is a massive failure

Not Sup Forums related fuck off

So when you add the production and distribution cost of toys into the budget, why don't you also add the revenue from selling those toys?

I think mexibro 2d waifu poster has got this

my mistake, it would need at-least 300 million to turn a profit according to the studio

Mexico saves the thread.

S...source.

Thanks mexibro.
Proceeding to dump.

Starting with most relevant

If integers Thoth is real

Drop this one, fellow taco.

FUCKING TACOS
LEAVE THIS THREAD REEEEE

Not enough information, only thing i got was a bunch of articles reading "IT IS SELLING BEYOND OUR EXPECTATIONS!!!" but no actual hard numbers

I don't think niggerbusters toys raked in 50 millon or they would be bragging about it

>Shadman

We need to build a firewall

Is this Shad's work?

Shadman

>tons of scenes showing buttholes
>scenes about eating buttholes
>winking buttholes

>Hurr Durr is this shad

Some aren't as well equated with the works of an obscure Pedophile Cartoonist.

I haven't looked at his work in a long time, the messed up body proportions are what clued me in.

Opportunity cost, you silly swamp-German.

They could have spent the time and money making something that would have made $300 million in profit instead. $90 million isn't enough.

Feminism kicks nobody's "ass". It just kills itself and the best part? Feminists die without children. Removing themselves from the genepool forever!

>Budget: $144M
>Marketing: $350M
>Box Office: $229M
No

The advertising budget, which isn't counted in production cost, can range anywhere from half the production cost to twice as much. It flopped buddy.

>let me explain how Box Office works when talking about Production Budget.

>Production Budge is only the budget for Development, PreProduction, Production and Post Production.
>Advertising budgets for movies are often the same as the Prod Budget. (Lets say they only did 50mill for GB)
>Then a small portion of ticket sales goes to the Movie Theater (Unless owned by studio)
>Lets say they lose 5% of ticket sales, another 11million gone.
>Then you have all the after parties, and etc. and money lost in Ancillary rights because of Flopped Deals when the movie was unsuccessful. (Which this one was) lets say -20million

So generously if I am doing the Low Ball of how much was spent in Marketing and Advertising, shared profit on Ticket Sales, plus contracts that were lost - this movie barely broke even.

There will be no sequel.

>90 million dollars profit
>chris hemsworths paycheck
>all that retarded advertising with Kobe Bryant and Papa John
>Sony pictures already in the red
It did not make back its cost, user.

A movie needs 150 mil profit to do ok at the box office these days. 200 mil is even better

And I read in the Sony leaks that they expect shit like an Aunt May spinoff movie or a Tobey Maguire Spiderman X Andrew Garfield Spiderman crossover movie to be 500 million dollar ideas. They are notorious for shooting for the stars and crashing short.

90 mil for what they setup to be a future franchise is way below what these morons projected. They are fucked. Bankruptcy soon

Keep in mind they JUST did this with the new Spiderman series too. Thats 2 failed cinematic universes in a row.

>Box office 229.1 million - budget 144 million means about 90 million dollars in PROFIT.

That's not how it works, champ. You need to do 432M$ for profit a movie with that budget.

Hollywood is dying, and it is GLORIOUS.

Eh no.. The director of the movie said himself that they needed to gross 500 million in order for it to be a success. The production budget doesn't include marketing costs, which were significant. Also, the studio only gets a percentage of the gross, the cinema takes the rest. The movie was a huge flop in other words.

>Original Ghostbusters makes 10x ROI on budget
>90% of ticket sales in USA, huge success here

>retarded feminist remake less than 2x ROI WORLDWIDE
>didn't have a chance to recoup costs in USA alone
>total flop compared to original

You do the math, Eurotard.