/fwg/

F A S H W A V E general

GET COMFY

>More than just a mannerist collage of the nostalgic aesthetic belonged to the millennial generation, Fashwave also operates to force classicism free of the post-modernist stranglehold that academic progressives have maintained over it, for a nearly a century. We would be mistaken to claim that the antiquated speculative nature of Fashwave betrays the aesthetic as a thing only predicated on nostalgia. While it might be considered a collage of sorts, stitched together from pieces of 80s and 90s pop-culture; VHS tapes, video game soundtracks, neo-noir landscapes, neon, lasers, synthesizers, streaking brake lights and 8-bit arpeggios—Fashwave only operates modally to subvert the mainstream progressive agenda by way of nostalgic cues to the otherwise uninterested.

>The real strength and fascination of the aesthetic lies in its ability to draw a parallel between anachronistic futurisms; that is to say, what ideals were once held for tomorrow and have since fallen either out of favor, out of fashion, or out of plausibility—and icons of western art now so unpopular in the mainstream circles of acceptable media. Hovercrafts, jetpacks, Bond gadgets, terminator technology, apocalyptic analogues—dreams made into memories.

>By carefully conflating these two ideas we might touch on the birth of a new mannerism: anachronism becomes the mode by which the canon of western thought and artistic enterprise suddenly and altogether vaults over the rhetorical barriers set in place by post-modernism and manned tirelessly by the drones of academia, to re-establishes itself as a countercultural force.

>So it was that Piranesi’s Veduta di Roma series painted an image of Rome so fantastical that Goethe himself—a fan of Piranesi’s work—exclaimed his consuming disappointment upon first visiting the city, for it was less impressive than Piranesi’s drawings had led him to dream.

>Let us continue dreaming.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1DIeovVhwprNb9z4x9Pxiyr84nhouf3mxz3uzDOlARdo/edit#
mega.nz/#fm/n94w1ZZB
youtube.com/watch?v=85bkCmaOh4o
youtube.com/watch?v=TbsBEb1ZxWA
youtu.be/0QSwDLH2ang?t=4m40s
youtube.com/watch?v=MpxPwvaHp2o
imgur
youtu.be/WaRE36BZuik
youtube.com/watch?v=rTfa-9aCTYg
youtube.com/watch?v=FCb3rblTEds
youtube.com/watch?v=apnGqCiWTi8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Get fucked, cuckstep is where it's at

Wtf is up with the Miami vice memes

Is there a sign up sheet for next workshop

some inspo

Need more saucy reaction image edits, this smuggo is tres fashy

Top quality

It's pretty easy to get started, here's the rundown:
docs.google.com/document/d/1DIeovVhwprNb9z4x9Pxiyr84nhouf3mxz3uzDOlARdo/edit#

Be sure to sign out of gmail so you don't get dox'd.

I ain't clicking that shit, someone put it in a pastebin ffs how new are we?

>didn't log out
>it was only my troll account
close one

kek

Wish it was digits like the last thread so this would be more appropriate

Some autist with proxies trying to make his shitty memes a thing. Look at the numbers in this thread in comparison to the number of posts, total bullshit.

Unapologetically reposting my contribution from the other day to have others either shit on it or praise it.

not sure if this works but I got a folder with some good pulp fiction covers

mega.nz/#fm/n94w1ZZB

The stretch of imagination required to accept the proposition is too large.

Who wrote that text? It always fascinates me how people can actually keep aesthetic movements going coherently enough to talk about them.

repostin

Why does no one post music in these threads?

youtube.com/watch?v=85bkCmaOh4o

Is there an imgur or a collection of these? I tried 4plebs couldn't find one.

Is Electro-Swing welcome?
youtube.com/watch?v=TbsBEb1ZxWA

C Y B E R N A Z I - Angry Goy

youtu.be/0QSwDLH2ang?t=4m40s

Fucking KEK

my fav

skip to 4m40s for KEKs

Posting the rest of mine, in reverse.

Post the GIMP guide

Hey, thanks user. I wrote the text myself--was thinking about the ways that Fashwave can act to force classicism past the post-modern lockdown that academia perpetrates on the western canon. It struck me as identical in spirit to the way that some futurisms suddenly sublimate from dream to memory. By using anachronism (something out of place in its time) as a deliberate mode, Fashwave can throw classicism back on the table--which can only happen through the lens of counterculture.

Pic related, in the early 20th century, Manhattan had its aerial zoning laws changed so that the higher you built, the farther 'in' you had to step. So all buildings would essentially have to fill out the same stepped volume as they got taller. Hugh Ferris was an architect and draftsman who was appalled at that bullshit, and so he created a bunch of homogeneous buildings that form-fit those zoned volumes, to try and prove how horrible Manhattan would look in the future if the laws were allowed to remain. The laws were quickly reversed, and Ferris's images of a Manhattan that never came to be are all that remains of the plausibility; of the idea. They're a mannerism in that sense.

well it is creative, but im not sure the message is getting across cause when i look at them im not sure wtf im looking at. but it looks cool.

Any actual fascists here?

No, just conservatives who are tired of clickbait, mostly.

no and don't you dare go around spreading our shit to normie sites. I will not see such beauty die at the hands of tryhard normies before it has had its chance to fly.

here you go shlomo.

Have any of you read Mein Kampf, at least?

How do I colorize a layer?

>tfw you just don't have the eyes for dank aesthetics

>the faggot posted
>with his stale memes
Go back to wherever it is you came from and build the wall behind you

/comfy/
youtube.com/watch?v=MpxPwvaHp2o

>Vice interns trying to stay up on Sup Forumss meme trends at 2:30am New York time, for that stub article that will finally net them a real job offer

Go to bed, cunt.

Not trying to spread, I just dismissed a couple threads during the weekend without actually looking. When I read the google doc last thread, made me sad that I might have missed out.

Also, could you find something besides a google doc to host it on, dumdums that are logged into their normie gmail could get potentially dox'd by clicking on it.

>dox'd
for what, art?

Getting Dox'd is the best thing that could possibly happen to any one of us. Suddenly you're a criminal for, what? Art?

They'll eat it up.

rework

Sounds great until you're Daniil Kharms and you starve to death in a psych ward in Stalingrad because your children's stories are too subversive for the Stalinist cowards that fled with the keys as soon as they heard the tanks coming

i liked it, he did seem a bit overly peeved in my opinion

imgur com/a/IJuhi

>some of my older, shittier memes are there

Ouch

This is absolutely fascinating. I enjoyed your writing style. I did not realize fashwave had this depth.

Patch soon.

Quixotic Palms is a SynthWave song I believe. I think someone shitposted and it got included in.

MORE

This is what we need, an aesthetic. Something that when people see it, screams at them "international fascism is not a ghost from the past, but a burning spirit soaring in the sky".

Trumpwave > Fashwave

enjoy worshiping your dead faggotry that LOST to commies

(o no wait, maybe that wasn't REAL fascism, the REAL fascism you want to try will work! This time!)

hothead -> out

Yes

Such pretentiousness.

Stop justifying nostalgia for your childhoods/idealized pasts. This isn't culture, it's shit. Literal, recycled, shit. Listen to any music made for more than just an individual's expression and move on.

Does anybody else get that slight warm sense of comfort when you look at or listen to "aesthetic" media?

I've felt very disconnected from the world and the "x-wave" style of music, art, and 1920s fascism has given me a little sense of comfort. Anything beyond that really doesn't give me an emotional boost.

Everyone has their own method of coping with the cold of the world, you're not alone here.

Jesus is that obese thing the fuck white people "artists"?

i was behind this shit but really

a whole bunch of faggot tryhard freshman year english lit paragraphs in the OP?

/fa/ /gd/ were doing this shit 2+ years ago, why try to turn a fun meme into intellectual bullshit

I know I've talked with some people about art related shit on here before, I guess one of them was probably you

>i was behind this shit but really
No you weren't

lol all the blacks laughing at them

this vaporwave bullshit is just a faggot version of industrial/EBM

winter, vampire sex, absinthe the final red pill

I like it.

>this vaporwave bullshit is just a faggot version of industrial/EBM
Nope, you're just retarded and an uncultured swine

the fuck do you know about any of those things? Your (((culture))) doesn't even get any snow

what do you guys think?

>implying
its dank as fuck

I like it

Dreaming is what I do best *^_^*

I really like some of those, have a bump.

Someone should make something involving Mishima.

Bump

its even got the CRT screen rasters, except on the text

fix that and we have an over 9000 quality Pepe

This works well actually even within the spirit of "traditional" fascism, which was always incorporated modern elements/aesthetic.

Like how italian fascism bound together with the country's futurist movement (pic related). and then there's all these songs for example, a lot of them sound jazzy.
youtu.be/WaRE36BZuik

This cyberpunk thing is just a style of our time, it's good to embrace it.

kek'd

wew have they published anything about westwave yet?

I'm a pretty good music producer, give me ideas and I'll make a vaporware-esq song

youtube.com/watch?v=rTfa-9aCTYg

youtube.com/watch?v=FCb3rblTEds

Train beat and wavy synths

make this into wave

youtube.com/watch?v=apnGqCiWTi8