FASHWAVE GENERAL: NEON BOGART EDITION

GET COMFY

//Foreword//
>More than just a collage of the nostalgic aesthetic belonged to the millennial generation, Fashwave also operates to force classicism free of the post-modernist stranglehold that academic progressives have maintained over it, for a nearly a century. We would be mistaken to claim that the antiquated speculative nature of Fashwave betrays the aesthetic as a thing only predicated on nostalgia. While it might be considered a collage of sorts, stitched together from pieces of 80s and 90s pop-culture; VHS tapes, video game soundtracks, neo-noir landscapes, neon, lasers, synthesizers, streaking brake lights and 8-bit arpeggios—Fashwave only operates modally to subvert the mainstream progressive agenda by way of nostalgic cues to the otherwise uninterested.

>The real strength and fascination of the aesthetic lies in its ability to draw a parallel between what we might call 'anachronistic futurisms;' what ideals were once held for tomorrow and have since fallen either out of favor, out of fashion, or out of plausibility—and icons of western art now so unpopular in mainstream and acceptable media. Anachronistic Futurisms are dreams sublimated into memories.

>By carefully conflating these two ideas we might touch on the birth of a new mannerism: anachronism becomes the mode by which the canons of western thought and artistic enterprise suddenly and altogether vault over the rhetorical barriers that have been set in place by post-modernism, and manned tirelessly by the drones of academia, to re-establish itself as a countercultural force.

>So it was that Piranesi’s Veduta di Roma series painted an image of Rome so fantastical that Goethe himself—a fan of Piranesi’s work—exclaimed his consuming disappointment upon first visiting the city, for it was less impressive than Piranesi’s drawings had led him to dream.

>Let us continue dreaming.

//Additional Context, and Reading List//
>pastebin.com/cG4L0Suv

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E4eCs4twfco[Embed]
youtube.com/watch?v=2cOrdPutSOU[Embed]
youtube.com/watch?v=KVuZ-a9kjKc&t=551s[Embed]
youtube.com/watch?v=sJo0SdUecZQ[Embed]
youtube.com/watch?v=zhCb8Z4OQqc[Embed]
youtube.com/watch?v=dUdrFq0LaGw&list=PLtulLfjaXBN0aPrAQa61pbfXdqqO7EcBD[Embed]
youtube.com/watch?v=rSGnNMnvM6M[Embed]
youtube.com/watch?v=9gnqavgWWqU&list=PLJJbgs-F6xmsVDo6pyG0Dk_wESACG1S94[Embed]
youtube.com/watch?v=Gi9tJ8QoBus[Embed]
youtube.com/watch?v=rwnml285CaM&list=PL_h60bzfy9KV8ibbGWe7xBP8asL5wLHEy[Embed]
youtube.com/watch?v=jECMuzD9BzQ[Embed]
youtube.com/watch?v=egAB2qtVWFQ[Embed]
youtube.com/watch?v=A9ew7glBHy0[Embed]
youtube.com/watch?v=IWnW-MNaRxM
youtube.com/watch?v=zxXfHxceMg4
youtube.com/watch?v=5ovwc3s97xE
youtube.com/watch?v=pufX9gHROvo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

//Neon Reich Audibles//
INCLUDED CONTENT IS CERTIFIED SAUCY
KEEP SEATBELT FASTENED AT ALL TIMES.

ARTIST - CONTENT
>YT LINK

AIRGLOW - MEMORY BANK
>youtube.com/watch?v=E4eCs4twfco[Embed]

ALEX DAVIDSON - MAINFRAME
>youtube.com/watch?v=2cOrdPutSOU[Embed]

DROID BISHOP - BEYOND THE BLUE
>youtube.com/watch?v=KVuZ-a9kjKc&t=551s[Embed]

DROID BISHOP - THE IRRELEVANCE OF SPACE AND TIME
>youtube.com/watch?v=sJo0SdUecZQ[Embed]

DROID BISHOP - ELECTRIC LOVE
>youtube.com/watch?v=zhCb8Z4OQqc[Embed]

DUETTE - BORDERLINE
>youtube.com/watch?v=dUdrFq0LaGw&list=PLtulLfjaXBN0aPrAQa61pbfXdqqO7EcBD[Embed]

FM-84 - ATLAS
>youtube.com/watch?v=rSGnNMnvM6M[Embed]

KAVINSKY - OUTRUN
>youtube.com/watch?v=9gnqavgWWqU&list=PLJJbgs-F6xmsVDo6pyG0Dk_wESACG1S94[Embed]

LOST YEARS - BLACK WAVES
>youtube.com/watch?v=Gi9tJ8QoBus[Embed]

OGRE - 194
>youtube.com/watch?v=rwnml285CaM&list=PL_h60bzfy9KV8ibbGWe7xBP8asL5wLHEy[Embed]

OGRE - 195
>youtube.com/watch?v=jECMuzD9BzQ[Embed]

PilotPriest - WWDKF
>No Link, don't want to go straight to the artist's bandcamp. Google it, it's there and its dank.

TIMECOP1983 - JOURNEYS
>youtube.com/watch?v=egAB2qtVWFQ[Embed]

TIMECOP1983 - REFLECTIONS
>youtube.com/watch?v=A9ew7glBHy0[Embed]

ADDITIONAL ARTISTS
>PERTURBATOR
>IRVING FORCE
>MIAMI NIGHTS 1984
>LE CASSETTE
>NIGHT DRIVER
>ARCADE HIGH

bump

Bump, hopefully the Britfriend will hop on

KEEP IT CLEAN

KEEP
IT
CLEAN

KEEP
IT
CLEAN

This is about a e s t h e t i c !

Don't forget to keep it pretty, too. These have to be A E S T H E T I C

KEEP
IT
SIMPLE

KEEP IT PRETTY
THIS IS AN AESTHETIC COUP

I like these images, what is the end goal of creating them? Are these being distributed elsewhere? If they just stay here in these threads what good does that do?

Also, currently reading Ride The Tiger.

they have been distributed in real life, on social media, etc. this is the support community.

ELLO LADS, WAS WAITING FOR THIS

Opinion on pic related? My OC

bumping with more OC

Glad to see what I made is being saved : ^)

this is amazing lads, I hope you succeed.

Fascism has such a negative connotation to normies and especially lefites. I feel like hitting them so hard with the fashy message might turn them off, just a thought. Have you guys considered this?

New RWD f a s h y tune

youtube.com/watch?v=IWnW-MNaRxM

can someone do a "tour de france" vaporwave pic with tiger tanks etc. ?

Normies are going to not even notice the message. What they're going to see is a e s t h e t i c memewave, with the message hidden beneath. This is genius tbqh, real nice

CATHOLIC GENERAL

working on one now

this is gay neckbeard circle jerk nonesense about death squads and families they'll never have.

I really think you guys need to branch out more. Posting pictures of pink and blue backdrops with statues with their eyes censored and some Sun Tzu quote gets a bit boring after a while. The whole success of meme warfare until now was that it was disarming humour with plausible deniability. What normie is going to accidentally share a picture of a guy doing the Roman salute?

We need shit like the Donald Trump 300 Spartans video where its funny and pushes the Overton window by subtly implying things -- or otherwise compelling and not so forced. Look at commie propaganda in Disney movies. Red pilling is not about some agitprop shit, but about leftist propaganda and lies being torn apart by reality. Contrasting the Marlboro man with low test losers, asking betas whether they are ok making a wife out of a girl who has had 200 cocks cum in her mouth, showing the cohesiveness of a homogeneous society vs. some no-go area.

I'm not disagreeing with what you guys are doing, it just needs a more natural context.

Can someone photoshop Nikola Tesla in FASHWAVE
i think it would be awesome

Can somebody link me that Trump Dance music video that was a sticky here when he won the presidency? Much appreciated, thanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=zxXfHxceMg4

nice. love the logo and overall feel.

solid work. more people should do what you do in separating a character and adding a new background and other things instead of just applying a filter to a picture.

Shameless self-promotion, OC fashwave:
youtube.com/watch?v=5ovwc3s97xE

Has a word ever been raped so much as fascism?
SC SC SC
Everyone who uses the word "fash" is a high priority target for the shooting squats.
Stop the linguistic defilement now!

Does this work for you?

Cheers bro.

Really good stuff, may I ask how you made it? I've never been musical but really want to get into electronic music creation.

Thanks!

Just like you'd make music in general: write song, record/program it, sound hunt/design, mix, master. Unless you were asking for more specific details?

Reminder to spread it on social media.

Also, ignore and report the shills:

why the fuck is a 3 year old /fa/Sup Forums meme being spammed here every day

BUMP

This is great man

Thanks! I was wondering what you use to program the melody -- or are you using an actual instrument to record? I guess my question is whether its possible to create songs with some good development tool/IDE with no physical instruments. I know how to program MIDI tunes in Java but that is about it haha.

ADD TO OP:
youtube.com/watch?v=pufX9gHROvo
>youtube.com/watch?v=pufX9gHROvo