Open a bible

>open a bible
>get to page 3
>talking snake
Wtf guys do you really believe a snake can, a). talk, b). is more intelligent than people, c.)has a malicious will of its own?The bible is a fairy tale, obv snakes do not talk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HcEJr8h_yGM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>is more intelligent than people
more intelligent than a woman

what if the snake was a female

>what is a metaphor

>thinks people are stupid who interpret the bible literally
>himself interprets the bible literally

Use your brain.

durr snake dont talk, only super retarded fundamentalist take the bible literally.

It's not a real snake, it's the devil in disguise. Or didn't you know the devil's greatest trick is convincing us that he doesn't exist?

Please. Lots of people do, and have historically.

old testament is for jews, slavs and muzzies

This, the snake in the garden of eden is obviously a reference to the early Jew.

What are allegories and metaphors. What are psychedelics? Snakes most certainly can talk if you are on mushrooms.

It was part of the patriarchy.

women arent people hence the snake, if (IF) it were female, would still only be smarter than women

The thing is that most Christians do, and my parents certainly do. Intelligent Christians who read the bible in a cultural context metaphorically are few and far between

Jews didn't exist until covenant with Abram.

>talking mice are fine

This nigga gets it

>this
Fucking idiots need to start thinking metaphorically.

Third post, best post.

>2017
>being this shallow

DURRRRR HURRRRR DURRRRRRRRR DURRRRRRRRR

Deceitful Jews have existed since the dawn of humanity

>christianity isn't vastly more represented by the second pic

I'm pointing your hypocrisy of slamming biblical literalism while also interpreting the scriptures literally. Here is my argument:

A. All people who interpret the bible literally are stupid

B. OP interprets the bible literally

C. Therefore, OP is stupid.

PLEASE IGNORE THE TURKISH RATS POASTING FROM A GERMAN FLAG

I DOSAVOW THIS THREAD

So the omnipotent creator god was no biggy but a talking snake is where you draw the line?

Your fucking retarded..

>Snake lets Satan into it.
>Snakes punished for it.
>loses its legs and arms..

This is like, 101 basic theology here guy..

3/4 americans are fat, disgusting, and fucking stupid.

>obesity isn't vastly more represented in america

go fuck yourself.

>He believes the snake is literally a snake and not a metaphor for the predators that hunted us, the surrepticious will of sin and temptation and the symbol of that which is meant to be scary, outlandish, external and or bad.

GUISE THERE REALLY WAS LIKE A TALKING SNAKE IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN N SHIET THATS WHY CHRISTIANS ARE BTFO BECAUSE SNAKES CANT TALK

Fucking atheist retards.
Sage this shit thread.

You better sort yourself out right now: youtube.com/watch?v=HcEJr8h_yGM

Is the merit of the scriptures dependent on who reads them?

The proper term is personification but metaphor is close enough.

Yes, because how people interpret them and greatly change what the merit is. Christianity is exactly how it's history and scripture is interpreted, and the benny hinns of the world won over what christianity is

jesus christ nuke yourself OP

>"Guys the bible is 100% TRUE"
>"O-oh Darwin and Big Bang? uuuuuh ITS A METAPHOR"

>inb4 MUH pre 100 AD Scholar said it was one

>Paradise Lost
>not a metaphor
Why are atheists so fucking stupid?

So you're saying the reason why even god cant help your crumbling society is because he doesn't exist?

Make way for allah :^)
Inshallah sim sim sala bim

what if the snake was a lamia

you obviously know everything, so why are you asking?

Ok Muhammad

>Because how people interpret them can greatly change what the merit is.

If the merit has changed, then what was the original merit of the scriptures?

>Christianity is exactly how its history and scripture is interpreted

I don't agree. Tradition /= scripture. If it did, we wouldn't have all these churches around the world with different ideologies all based on one book.

The serpent was Satan and described more as a dragon type serpent. Probably one that doesn't exist anymore. If your infantile brain is picturing a modern garda snake then yeah I see how that can seem ridiculous.

*garden snake

This. Even Abraham was kicked around over jewery.

The Old Testament is for the Jews.

That is Judaism.

Why don't you start with the New Testament.

The New Testament is for Christians.

Jews are not Christians.

Christians are not Jews.

The new is built on the old.

Yes, but OP is starting with the Old.

He should start with the New.

The Old Testament no longer applies.

By the way, the Jews reject the New Testament, they don't believe it exists.

>1 post by this ID

Lets discuss how there is no evidence:
>The first christians were gnostic
>Romans persecuted them and created the biblical abomination
>Middle ages were like BURN HERETIC WITCH!
>Modern times are like "dude, schizophrenia, lmao, better take these meds that for some reason blockade your emotions and ability to notice your inner self, thus impeding gnostic meditation".

Truly there was no evidence.

I agree that the new is the proper starting place for those new to Christianity but I do not feel that proper understanding of the new can be achieved without the teachings of the old.

I should also add that my understanding of the bible differs from contemporary teaching in that I believe true christianity includes aspects of the old. If one is to be Christ like then how can this truly be achieved without foundations in the teachings and history of Judaism?

You meds are just to keep your level of crazy to the point where it doesn't take 3 people working in shifts all day every day to keep you from going full retard.

Please keep taking them.

I'm sure you will receive with joy the news that in spite of it I reached gnosis.

>what is an allegory

Also prove psychiatry with evidence.

this. Freud was a cokehead and an expensive fraud.
Psychiatry never cured a soul.

Prophets were always treated as crazy. I suppose that it must be that way since they appear to stand in opposition to the set standards of the world. Jeremiah was a loner, same forJohn the baptist and he was described as a wild beast of a man.

>The bible isnt the literal word of god
Burn this heretic

It does include aspects of the Old.

No doubt about it.

But you have to understand that the Old was beginning to be corrupted by the Satanic Jews even before Jesus's time.

Did you know that King Solomon eventually started to worship Moloch, the demon god of the Cannanites?

Did you?

He fell from the grace of God.

The only work that was left was his Psalms, when he was still serving the Lord.

Also, notice how Revelations calls the Jews of today, The "Synagogue of Satan".

It is also a metaphor, though.

The pursuit of nonpoisonous fruit and avoidance of snakes drove the evolution of superior visual acuity.

The story is true on multiple levels. The autistic screeching at a straw man by atheists is the most blatant example of people stamping STUPID on their foreheads.

>t. cantintosymbolism

psychology != psychiatry

That being said both Freud and Jung are very useful.

FPBP THREADS CLOSED BOIS

lmao it's funny 'cause it's true

If god is that anal that you have to believe in some certain book or version or religion then I don't even want to be a part of his afterlife. Just don't be an asshole.

Of course it has been corrupted and many jews broke from God. It's sort of a running theme for jews.

The synagogue of satan is a new testament term applied to a portion that have always existed and deceive man.

They existed at the time of Christ as well and were the ones who killed him.

I believe that there are also deceptions in the new as well. Specifically in points where the gospels contradict the prophets. I just see christianity as a merger of both old and new instead of the new being a stand alone religon. One can live for christ while adhering to the laws and commandments.

God doesn't command things to be anal. Redemption is a gift offered to those who choose it. The things God command of his followers aren't to deny you of anything but to show you a way to turn from evil aspects of the world to live a life of self betterment.

SPOILER!

...it was Adam's Penis.

Wrong

I love Snek, don't tread on me

>obv snakes do not talk
Proofs?

>born on planet Earth
>born in Western civilization
>doesn't realize the talking snake is a malevolent supernatural antagonist in a myth
time to neck yourself

Do I think the Devil can turn himself into a snake?
Yes

He was pointing out WHY interpreting it literally is stupid. Stop being fucking dumb, you're not impressing anybody.