Why are people buying cars they can't afford?

Why are people buying cars they can't afford?

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/features/2019-ford-ranger-25-cars-worth-waiting-for-feature
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

LATE
STAGE
CAPITALISM

Because banks loan money at a low interest rate, knowing it won't be paid back.

And gamblers buy that debt for cheap, and try to collect as much money as possible.

See "2008" for details.

Most places in the US built their infrastructure entirely around cars, which only seems more retarded with time

clickbait and sage

Because fiscal conservatives think they can live like their goverment, and borrow. People are irrisponcible, and feel deprived and feel they "deserve" shit they can't have or haven't accomplished in life..

I make mid 6 figures a year.. i live in a small home, and drive a used versa i bought for 2800 bucks..

my neighbor has an escalade, an f250, 4 quads, a trailer a 5 bedroom house and a bmw 3 series.

he's broke as fuck and the bank will probably eventually take his house. he's married and has 1 kid.

I honestly don't know. I don't fiance cars I can't afford anymore.

Why the fuck would anyone buy a car when they can lease or take an uber?

Denying people loans is raysis

the housing bubble was created by the govt saying everyone has the right to a 600 thousand dollar morgtage, even if you only make 40 grand a year.

no sane banker loans that kind of money out.. the cashflow and income that person has doesn't make sense.

More like why do car manufacturers keep raising the prices of their vehicles?

A fucking pickup truck costs 60k now, since fucking when?

Back in 2002 they were 20-25k. Nearly the same fucking gas mileage too. All they did was add a little iPad to the dashboard, otherwise the trucks are identical.

The USA is going through one big fire sale right now, all the corporations are cashing out before it all comes crashing down.

People that do shit besides go to work. Get out more user.

>Because fiscal conservatives think they can live like their goverment, and borrow
Are you seriously trying to suggest that the people missing car payments vote republican? Or do you just have no idea what a fiscal conservative is?

Its even worse than that. Companies issue debt, another company buys it, yet another buys it again all in an attempt at reducing risks and trying gain a profit. This debt shit is like tossing around a live grenade.

REDDIT
FAG
GTFO

no no no, your tossing around paper on paper to make paper..

its called the derivatives my good man.. and they actually have spreads you can buy or sell or borrow against..

thats right, you can borrow against a derivative spread..

scared yet?

lemme tell you about the "federal reserve bank"....

>lease
>same amount as a loan but don't actually pay towards any sort of ownership

fuck you're dumb

>people
You mean illegals and ghetto blacks?
They do it because they're clinically retarded.

Because it's tax return time. Niggers do this every year, don't worry about it.

Bix nood.

Because they're idiots who are dumb enough to sign contracts with godawful interest rates just so they can have a shiny thing.

When I was poor, I bought a cheap as fuck old Toyota Corolla with my savings and drove it gently until I started making enough money that I didn't have to worry about such things.

The fault of this problem lies squarely on the people who buy what they can't afford.

Because I'm a twenty one year old failure, and I needed a car right away to keep my pizza delivery job and I only had 1k in the bank

>butthurt american launches a courageous but ludicrous defence of the indefensible

>borrowing
>missing payments
its like 08 all over

Ron Paul please just enjoy your retirement!

Car loans are the new subprime bubble.

Got a loan for 33,000 3 years ago, they required zero down and gave me a 2.34% rate. Granted wife and I have good credit, but even we were surprised.

>keeping a car for more then 3 years
>American

KYS poofag. I just got my dad a brand new Honda Accord for the next 3 years for only $190 no money down. I could've gotten him a luxury car Infinity Q50 for about $220 but the interior was a little tight since he's a BIG GUY. How poor are you when you can't even afford to get your parents a fucking car?

And school loans, and consumer (credit cards) debt.

This. Theres no reason a pickup truck can cost up to $85,000.

Auto manufacturers are panicking because people are hanging onto cars for much longer (look it up) but keep cranking prices way up without offering anything significantly new.

to get pussy

>cars
>Value

Used cars are not worth anything, especially with emissions checks.

Leases cost much less on a year to year basis. Buying only becomes financially advantageous if you plan to buy and own the car for 10+ years, but you have to worry about maintenance, also after ten years, your car is basically worthless. The only truly smart thing to do is go out and buy these worthless ten year old cars, and do all the maintenance yourself. Otherwise, most people are better off leasing.

190 * 36 monthly payments = 6,840

why do you feel the need to lie on the internet, little boy?

I've noticed this too.

I really like my truck. When it finally dies, I'll just go find a used one, same year make and model, with the lowest amount of miles on it and go another 15+ years without a car payment.

The internet is a cool thing, isn't it?

cool salespitch bro where do i sign

$7000 grand over 3 years is literally nothing. I pay that much just on state and city taxes every year. Holy fuck you guys are poorfags.

If you think you need a fancy car to get laid, you're dumb as fuck.

The only women who notice cars are gold digging whores. The rest of them just care whether it is clean or not.

And most of all, women like /fit/ guys, regardless of what the guy drives.

Yes, but at least vehicle loans are naturally colarorized

I'm not completely certain the used car market has recovered since cash4clunkers (thanks obama) really fucked up the market. People who normally would have just bought a used car or a reasonably priced new car are hanging onto their old jalopy and fixing it up.

after now my 3 years with no augmentation how do you expect i stop being a poor fags

i pay my care and rent to be able to work to be able to buy a fkn new car and start the everyting again ..

Much better than retarded gooks buying house they can't afford.

Get a Civil Engineering degree and come to NYC. I'll find you an entry-level job with 70k easy. My company is begging for reliable people with no criminal record or record of any kind actually.

Leaf colleges are free no? So you don't even have to incur debt while getting an eductation?

burgers.

You're saying you bought your dad a "brand new Honda Accord" for less than $7K, and I'm saying you're a little loser boy lying on the internet. But go ahead and link us to this awesome dealership that sells brand new Honda Accords at a loss.

Probably not, but old Ford F150's with low miles aren't hard to find and they're cheap enough to buy cash.

New trucks costing 85k, well, that's price being inflated by easy credit at low interest rates, and stupid people who only care about how much it will cost per month, not the length of the loan.

Doesn't bother me, I'll probably never own a new car in my life, even if I can afford to do it.

People are buying cars on 5 and 7 year loans. The car barely lasts 5. These dumb fucks simply can't afford new cars, and they don't want to admit they can only afford a used car.

When I bought my truck I had to fight with my financer to get a loan shorter than 3 years which is now the shortest loan you can get.

Great quote and all, but Hitler's Germany was a great place to live. Beautiful.

Dis

lol this

So, how accurate was the movie "The Big Short"? As a complete fucking pleb with regards to financials, I felt as though I could actually understand what was going on. Which is why I'm skeptical that it's that simple

Scum on the earth used car salesman here: people are fucking stupid. That is all.

I really want this to happen I really hate these people.

Because when people see new cars all around them and constantly promoted on TV, they're going to want them.

People are not rational actors and you shouldn't be surprised, because if you are, you're not rational, which you aren't.

fuccboi

>Hitler's Germany was a great place to live
yep

Sucker for the finance Jew.

He didn't say he bought it. He said he got it. Could be a 3 year lease.

These new trucks are terrible
They pack all that useless junk on them, touchscreens, satellite, navigation, electrical everything.. I just want a truck with a shifter in it.

And I don't need it in blimp sizes or family 4 seater either. I was going to buy a new one but when I test drove it, the thing was an elephant. Same model name as the older version but they made it obese, huge proportions all the way around. I'm never buying a new car

>Leasing a car
If you're too poor to even get a loan to buy the car why the fuck would you rent it?

People need to act now to lock in those low gas prices.

It was great until Britain conspired against it. Are you stupid? Don't you know anything about the 1936 Olympics?

You're just the worst. "hurr durr nazis"

fucking kill yourself.

You can't do anything in most parts of the country without having some kind of automobile, or at least not easily.

t.Suburban retard without a car

Because I need a car to get to work. I have a choice: a $5k used car with an unknown history that may or may not break down every few months causing me to lose my job, OR a $25k-50k car that I know will be more reliable, even though it will take forever to pay off.

>Used cars are not worth anything, especially with emissions checks.
my worth nothing 1998 Jeep Wrangler sold last month for $12500. It was only 19k when I bought it new.

>hitler's germany was great
>except for the parts of it that were in ruins

HOW DO I MAKE MONEY FROM THIS?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Smart people lease, it's a fact. Anyone with half a brain can bust out a spreadsheet and show the lower overall cost of leasing.

>inb4 muh "I OWN my car" cucks

Your car will have the value of its weight in scrap metal the minute automated cars are available, in t-minus ~5 years. Enjoy! ;^)

wranglers have good resale value tho

>driving automatics

If you can't find a reliable used car for under 5k you're a failure as a man.

I had a 2001 Suzuki esteem that lasted 8 years. I spent 2k for it. It only failed after being totaled while parked.

I wound up crushing the car into a cube and getting 1500$ for it.

That is the next bubble

he leased it.. after 3 years he is out $7k and taking the bus. Should have bought a $7k car.

The cost of conversion kits will be trivial or included in a monthly service fee.

>The age of the affordable cheap pickup truck is gone.

I just want a base model diesel pickup. I don't want heated leather seats or a touch screen. Power windows and locks is about it.

>1998 Jeep Wrangler sold last month for $12500

niggers, and we are fundamentally poorer than we can ever imagine

Car leasing payments are only marginally less than a 5 year loan. You're a fucking idiot if you lease.

might as well buy new cars and houses now

when the economy crashes and shit hits the fan, who's going to collect? the companies themselves will go into bankruptcy and dissolve.

t. Joe 6-pack

2019 ford ranger diesel
$25,000
caranddriver.com/features/2019-ford-ranger-25-cars-worth-waiting-for-feature

Very.

>automatic car cuck

do you have an automated bed that tucks you in at night you flaming faggot?

I'll be surprised if its that cheap. Hope they come in manual as well.

Miss driving around in my 94 F250 7.3

The companies will off all their assets included debts incurred which means if you are on their lists, there is a good chance mercenary repo men are going to be tracking you and your family to steal your shit until well after you die.

I DO

WORK SMART NOT STUPID

Used cars are overpriced, makes more since to buy new. Friend just bought an 8 year old tacoma with over 100k on it for $16k. Fuck that

That's basically what a bunch of Russians did when oil prices went through the floor. Bought a bunch of valuable stuff on credit before they could catch up with inflation.

>wanting to own something that loses 75% of it's value as soon as you drive it off the lot

Ok.

They stopped making manual pickup trucks in 2006.

The good ones come with those 8 speed electronic transmissions you find in Bentleys. They're extremely good.

>Used cars are overpriced,
If you think used once are overpriced wait until you research the way dealerships hold monopolies and force prices of new cars way up.

My econ proff recommends it

Heavily downplays the role of the government in encouraging risky lending practices.

I don't want an automatic, I love manual, I want manual transfer cases as well.

>Buying a shitty little jap trap car that you can wad up like a piece of paper
>not responsibly buying a $20000 reliable work truck that will last decades and won't kill you if you get into a crash

It's a good introduction into the crash. I would recommend further research after you watch because the movie leaves out a couple things like FED interest rate policy and government guaranteed mortgages

If you live in smaller, rural towns in the US a car it's absolutely vital to get around. Without one you're stuck walking to your job, shops, bank and other place you have to go to, unless all of those places are within walking distance of where you live you're fucked. They don't have good public transportation like the cities do

Your friend is an idiot. He could've bought a brand 2 year old RAM 1500 with under 20k miles for the same price.

Why buy a $25k car? If you need a DD just look for a good deal on a Focus or a Hyundai or some shit, you can find them for $3-5k under MSRP if you look for good deals and haggle.

You can buy a really nice work truck for $5-9k, famalam.

I bought a new truck in 2012 for about 33k. They had the 80k trucks then but I just had the dealer order me one from the factory without all the extra junk on it.