Fuck Edison and Tesla

I feel myself drawn towards a potential authentic life.
I feel depressed in regards to the constant slavery of the clock.
I feel depressed in regards to the constant nihilism essential to modern life.
I feel depressed in regards to the absolute meaninglessness of existence in 2017.

I am absorbed in an obsession with the lives of my ancestors in the early 1800's.
Farmers, most of them, as far as my research goes, and yet - I envy them.
I hate the politics of today's world. Despise the system, and I blame technology.

Still, I use my monster of a computer, every single day. I am going to school, studying law and political science, and I find it interesting - but I despise it.

The world we live in actively complicates the possibility of living in touch with nature, but this is the purpose of our animalistic selves.

I wish I could go back in time, to a time before modern communicational devices - modern as in post-electrical revolution. I envy the lives of my ancestors.

I am well aware of the fact that the living standard was significantly lower, same with expected age, but I don't care.
I would much rather live to be 40-45, than live to be 90, completely dependant on pills, machines and the help of society.

Fuck the modern world.
It is a societal system that creates depression, and an existence completely devoid of all sense of meaning or purpose.

If you call this out, and figure you'd go live off the land somewhere, you can't. You simply can't.
We are too many people.
The government expects all sorts of tribute from you.
The world is only a minute away. Always.

Fuck.
The.
Modern.
World.

Other urls found in this thread:

ia801408.us.archive.org/32/items/markensgrde12hams/markensgrde12hams_bw.pdf
kkoworld.com/kitablar/knut_hamsun_torpagin_bereketi-eng.pdf
rt.com/politics/224099-russia-land-free-east/
youtube.com/watch?v=Br1sGrA7XTU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ok... I mean dude... ok

Elaborate.

im familiar with this feel user
remember the grass is always greener on the other side

>this is the purpose of our animalistic selves.

Says who?

Not at all. Not only is the grass not greener, it is simply non-existent, replaced with the destructive devices of industrialism, urbanism and a modern world.

I do.
Refute it should you wish to do so, but know that we're living in a period where mental disease is prone and rampant.

There are plenty of happy people in modern society. I love my life. I love individualism and making my own choices and being in control and constantly trying to improve. Do you have close relationships with others? Life in a first world country can be incredible if you do it right.

Well, that's your way of things. A lot of mental disease, but also cures. For the schizophrenic and the sick, and whoever falls victim to bad circumstances can seek treatment because of enlightenment values and technological process. Besides, there is no going back to how things were.

Yes goy wouldn't you be much happier without modern medicine and engineering?

iktf

The modern world seems to deprive people of purpose and spirit.

O shit FBI its another unibomber

>meaning and purpose

>farming dirt for 12 hours every day and living in a mudhut
>have your children die of infection
>never know how to read or write

I am not saying that is the case. I simply point out that my own experience is a complete lack of purpose. My ancestors, farming the land, and dying at 50, did not know this feeling. I am not saying they had it better, but I still find myself in awe and envy.
I am a university student. I am relatively wealthy. My parents are upper middle class. All in all, I should be happy; and at times, I am - yet, there is no purpose. Nothing.
Not yet.
Exactly my point. Absolutely an individual experience, but as it is a phenomenon outside of me, it is a societal problem.

The unabomber arguably wrote the greatest description of the leftist mindset ever printed.

take it back to /r9k

Move to America and become Amish

Do you need to read? Why do you need that?
>As I said, an individual experience of life.
Children have always died as toddlers. Not a good thing, no, but people overcome this, and the children that grow up arei mmune to said diseases.

There is more meaning and purpose in spending your time creating the resources necessary to keep on living.

Probably get blocked for having it posted before.
I've fiddled with the idea, yes - I cannot leave my loved ones, and I cannot bring them with me, so I am conflicted.

You really think that slaving away on a farm until you're 40 when you die is better than playing videogames all day while eating tasty cheap food?

>Do you need to read? Why do you need that?
Reading allows us to learn, so we can make great works, and build great buildings, and discover new technologies. Humans are the only ones that can do this. It is a shame to let it go to waste.

>There is meaning and purpose in spending your time creating the resources necessary to keep on living.
I suppose, but what meaning and purpose is there in simply existing and farming when you could be doing so much more? Why live like an ape when you could live like a human?

Why do you want to live as a human? What is the point of this? As for reading, you have some good points, and i agree with you, to an extent.
Yes.

You're a loser who can't cut it in modern society. You're dissatisfied with your position in life. Instead of improving you seek to blame the system. Pro tip: it's not the system it's you.

I am dissatisfied, obviously. I am improving, however. I enroll in activities that modern society deem valuable. I go to university. I exercise. I practice modern friendship and love for my family.
To some extent, it is the system. Why else would mental illness be so much more rampant than before? Why are suicide rates significantly higher? Why are so many people depressed with their situation? Are they not allowed to blame the system at all?

>Yes.

It's romantic for a beauty to die in her youth from tuberculosis, but it's still fucked and it should be prevented. People seek to better their lives for their children. We are at a stage where we can live easy comfortable lives thanks to the generations which toiled before us. And here you are wanting to throw that sacrifice away.

If you could talk to your great grandfather he would slap the shit out of you.

>Why else would mental illness be so much more rampant than before? Why are suicide rates significantly higher? Why are so many people depressed with their situation?

We are in a transformative stage and some people will be left behind. See Dostos Notes From Underground.

It is really weird how we live the life of a medieval noble minus all the cool shit like a faux purpose.

My main point is not that modern medicine and technologies are unwanted and should be tossed away.
My main point is that I find it sad that our sense of community is fading.
I find it sad that we no longer value honest labour.
I find it sad that so few people could take care of themselves if the power went out, or something similar.

For the record, my grandfather agree with my on this. He grew up on a farm, leaving for the sea. I value this sort of labour.
And where do we want to go?
Thank you.

OP is a dirtcuck

I'd be fine with a simple rural lifestyle if we could keep modern medicine.

But we can't so

Russian Realism is my favourite form of art.

If you want community go to church. You're having a spiritual crisis.

I agree that our sense of community is fading. We are more connected then ever and yet father apart. Technology is a blessing and a curse. Are you wanting withdraw from the modern world completely or just escape it for a while?

The closest thing would be to explore space with bio - med pods like in Prometheus. Hold out for the future.

What a word.

There's a Moby Dick quote about two men meeting in a blizzard, and because they're in such a rough environment they just have to exchange greetings and ask each other if they're alright.

When everything is so easy, and survival isn't a challenge there is hardly any reason for people to work together. Sure there's work but people don't enjoy that. There's sport, but that's a distraction. Same as videogames.

It's a clear existential crisis from OP.

I don't know. I am not sure. I have found myself drawn into video games lately - single player ones. Video games was never really my thing, but I have played a lot of "The Long Dark" over the course of the last month or so, because I idolize the isolation and survival aspect of it.

I suppose you could say I want to escape it for a while. My grandparents have a cabin in the mountains, with access to fish and elk. I might head up there when I've finished my midterms.
I want to experience religion. I want to find God. They are constructing a church in my town, and I've told myself I'm going to have a talk with the reverend once it's built.

I like living as a human because I enjoy higher level thought. Humans might not always be happy, but we can experience a lot broader range of feelings and thoughts. I think that is beautiful in its own way. Humans in first world countries have made it out of the struggle for food and security, and can now begin to think about the lives of their ancestors and the ideal society. An animal could never think up thoughts so complex and abstract. An animal could never paint these beautiful works of art that you are posting. A deer can never stop to admire the beauty of the forest. All it worries about is its next meal and the predators chasing it.

Oh, fuck off you sappy fucker

Not yet.
You managed to sway my mind.

You can live a more natural type of existence if you really wanted to. Not completely back to nature and the old times but certainly less so than the modern technological present.

You could buy yourself some land in the country and attempt to be as self-sustainable as possible. Have crops and livestock and cellars and all that. I know you still need money and still will be tied to the modern world but you could also see it as having the best of both worlds.

Hard work for 10 years; good times for 50.

I might. Thank you.

as if the amish would be 100 percent accepting of random people showing up in their lives and being all "hey i hate modern life, can i be amish?"

maybe they would be accepting i dont know but i think it wouldnt be smooth

Fire at Sea by Turgenev. Really reminds me of that short story.

You seem well read.

Thanks for that friendo. You put in to words what I've been thinking for a long time. Even listening to my grandfather speak about being a child during the war makes me sad. Even though it was during and just after the war and everyone was poor as fuck and lived off rations they seemed so much happier. Perhaps because they actually had to do things. You know they went and played outside. Everyone knew each other in the street and got along well. He had skills by the age of 13 that I probably never will. Despite people having much less than we have now they were much happier. Now everyone is unhappy because everything is done for us. We don't need to worry about food or anything like that. You can literally live in your parents basement until you are 40 without communication with the outside world. The modern world is too out of touch with reality makes me really sad man.

We all know this feel, but in the end would you REALLY want to leave modern society behind and live like an 18th century poorfag?

Because if you really did, with a few thousand dollars you could move to Mongolia, buy a horse and a yurt, and do it. If you moved to the most rural parts of the country nobody would ever ask you who you are or what you're doing there. There's really no infrastructure.

The thing is, deep down you know the >muh freedumz feeling would quickly wear off and you'd start to miss all the things you have back home.

I retreat sounds like what you need. What are you studying?

Thanks for the nice artwork man, you've got good taste desu.

i dont know if people were happier, but they had a better sense of community and purpose in life, today its all about the self and man's insatiable appetite for pleasurable distractions with no direction towards helping the community

Read A Sportsman's Notebook. It's a collection of short stories about a hobbyists hunter in the Russian Empire. Helped me when I was feeling like you. Literature is a great escapist tool.

And then retreat, if you wished, from the troubles of the modern world.

I sometimes think the same. I live in suburban Melbourne amongst a nest of degeneration, pollution and ghastliness but one day I will live in the country. Not in the middle of nowhere but on a hundred acres or so where it is still and private and the neighbours aren't too close and I won't have to lock the doors at night.

Have a decent house and trouble myself in the affairs of the land and shit myself in.

Alas, still have to work though, maybe attempt early retirement at 45 or something.

Overall everything really is terrible when you think about it.

Return to your pagan roots my brother, return to a simpler life with no thought of material things.
I once valued a nice car, a kickass tv, new shit overall. Nothing made me happy. Now, living a simple life for myself and my family, working hard with my own two hands and not feeding the monster (the system), I feel free. Be free brother.

>Return to your pagan roots my brother

t. LARPer

This is also a dream I have. I would love to have a small farm where I could raise sheep. I'd plant some crops. Look after some animals. Enjoy the outdoor life.

Sucks that it's a dream that will probably never manifest itself.

watch blade runner op
then listen to some blade runner blues
then break free of the circle

0/10 not as comfy as the previous paintings
There is not humanity there

maybe move to the US and become Amish?

I've been thinking the same thing. You should try working on a a sailing ship like Statsraad Lehmkuhl or Christian Radich. Try volunteering on, they always need help. I've sailed around the world and seen so many cool places for free.

You could also move to Pitcairn Island. It's a tropical paradise with 50 englishmen in the middle of the pacific, they will give you a house for free to fight the declining population. You don't need to work, everything is free, fruit is growing every where. There is no airport there, and 20 days sail to Easter Island to the east or Manga Reva to west. Bring a woman and get a large family there.

this can never be allowed to happen.

It's entirely possible to fuck off innawoods or live as a nomad. People are doing it as we speak

>Fuck.
>The.
>Modern.
>World.
get off the internet then you goddamn hippie

Go and post it on tumblr you fucking hedonist faggot.

Peer Gynt almost seems like a foreshadowing of the modern lifestyle. He was a narcissistic, hedonistic liar who avoided responsibility like the plague, and ended up wasting his life.

Ironically, it was supposed to satirize the Norwegian values of the 19th century. If only they had known how wrong they were.

as soon as light speed is cheap people will be colonizing everything and your desires will be living in what you call the past

I agree

Political Science and Law.
Exactly my point.
You are half way right.
Thank you.
Yes.
I will, thank you!
No matter what way you live your life, at times, you will feel miserable. Make the best of it, and you will figure out how you want to live.
Might be. My ancestors haven't been pagan since 793.
Work for it.
I agree.
We'll see. They won't accept me.
Thank you.
You are correct.
Until the government jew comes after you for your dollaroos.
I don't like tumblr.
Godt vi er enige. SKulle onske Ibsen skrev om hva der hendte midt i stykket.
Good.
Could you post sometyhing other than postmodern style paintings?

You escape time or "Saturn" by seeing life as a point in consciousness, as opposed to a timeline moving ever forward.

We will gain harmony with nature by employing Erisianism. Capitalism, communism, that is all saturnic or satanic subversion.

Sometimes i feel exactly the same

Disgusting

>le born in le wrong generation xD

Read Markens Grode/Growth of the Soil by Knut Hamsun.

ia801408.us.archive.org/32/items/markensgrde12hams/markensgrde12hams_bw.pdf

kkoworld.com/kitablar/knut_hamsun_torpagin_bereketi-eng.pdf (English)

you can get free land in Russia.
rt.com/politics/224099-russia-land-free-east/

>Civilization is intact, no shitskins are visible
>Militaristic/Fashy aesthetic, no "Modern" architecture
>Pic# starts with 1488
I approve of this future Paris

Read Heidegger.
youtube.com/watch?v=Br1sGrA7XTU

I hope you enjoy being cold and achy virtually all of the time.