/future/ - Futurism General

/future/ - Futurism General

Come here to discuss the political implications of the fast approaching future.

Starter topic for today:

Gene modification. There are few word couplings that inspire as much excitement and dread as this one. On the one hand there may be a golden opportunity to improve the human condition in a permanent way, passing on a more promising future to our descendants than any past generation has ever before. But in the other hand lies the dangers of ethical questions about objective and indisputable genetic superiority, biological weapons, and human obsolescence. It may be that we can build better humans but then, what happens to the worse ones? Recent discoveries such as CRISPR cas-9 protien gene modification have made this question more pressing than ever by greatly decreasing the time, money and effort required to perform genetic experiments on embryos. While ethics hold fast in some parts of the world, there's no guarntee that they will everywhere. The idea of being left behind, now reaches even nation states as a failure to take a chance today could cost the foreseeable future. What do you think? What should the restrictions and guidelines on this kind of research be? What should our focus be on and how should we enforce international adherence to these standards? In the case that human modification does ever become widespread and normal, what does that mean for society in general? How would older generations cope with being ever so slightly inferior to their children? Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pU3iGpwKxKc
nasaspaceflight.com/2017/02/commercial-rotation-us-segment-crew-increase-early/
arstechnica.com/science/2017/02/the-international-space-station-will-get-a-new-private-airlock-in-2019/
arstechnica.com/science/2016/11/nasa-says-expandable-habitat-returning-extremely-valuable-data/
youtu.be/aRwgmjn-8mE
youtube.com/watch?v=cy7xGwYdRk0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If the white western world is overrun by shitskins and backward looking cultures like Islam come to dominate much of the world you can forget about some technologically advanced techno future. Cultures that don't value technological innovation don't produce technological wonderlands.

I foresee a future where maybe there are some refinements to the application of modern tech but no exotic sclfi levels of tech and much of what might come about like advances in gene modification will be very rare and only available to richest of the rich.

Shit Sup Forums is so fast today. Bump.

>tfw waiting on augmented reality

shut up

It's good shit. The class-based criticism often brought up is horseshit. The second it's safe governments would jump at the chance to subsidize it, like Denmark's with downie testing. It's like an earlier scholarship. It's just got too good payoff not to. It takes an unimaginable amount of money to educate people, with jack shit for return from most of them.

It's so damn enticing, what you should be scared of is them pushing it even if it's not safe due to the need for more intelligent workers as a consequence of automation.

The kikes in the genetics industry will never make it affordable for the masses, only the top 0.0001% will be able to come out like the superhuman Adolf envisioned. It's always in the elites interests to keep us dumber and sicklier while they become ever closer to beat diseases and aging

Just look at Soros he's not dying any time now is he

Fuck off stupid leaf. Finally a decent thread on this decadent board and you're telling OP to shut up? Have a bump lads.

I sort of disagree. I feel like other developed societies like China and Russia will end up getting us into an arms race of sorts over genetic modification. It'll start up slowly at first because of ethical concerns but the first one to break this barrier will open the floodgates. Everything would likely snowball for 20 years until human embryo modification was basically mandatory. I think that would solve the white borth rate problem right there since, at least in America, there are plenty of minorities who wish they were white. But I can't really see concepts like race meaning as much after such a huge shift. Rather than black and white people would more likely think along the lines of pre-mod and post-mod. Of course I can't speculate very far without being extremely fanciful, but I don't believe that western civilization is quite done yet. If you want my earnest opinion on that; Elysium will probably be our future but with people trying to escape to mars instead.

I can't wait for VR technology that can send physical sensations to your brain (touch, smell, etc.) and VR waifus with real AI.

I only somewhat agree. I think that there will certainly be a class divide in the degree to which modification affects your future but such a thing is in the best interest of elites since they can also program people to be more docile while also making them more productive. You're more likely to see it mandated than kept out of reach. If you thought w10 backdoors were bad, imagine that installed jnto your children's brains.

So what you're saying is, they'll make Germans?

Virtual Youtubers are the future.

youtu.be/pU3iGpwKxKc

>the ISS will soon get commercial spacecraft to transport astronauts to it
nasaspaceflight.com/2017/02/commercial-rotation-us-segment-crew-increase-early/

>also soon to get a commercial airlock
arstechnica.com/science/2017/02/the-international-space-station-will-get-a-new-private-airlock-in-2019/

>already has an commercial module
arstechnica.com/science/2016/11/nasa-says-expandable-habitat-returning-extremely-valuable-data/

The only way other countries will be able to achieve what the West has in terms of tech superiority os if they adopt our political and economic structures. As China and Russia are now, they won't be able to compete without copying us.

But once they adopt our way of life, then we might as well be a larger empire, in the same way Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, and ROK are vassal states to the US.

>Discuss.

This seems to be one of those things where your choices are either to get on board or get run over. If you try to plant your feet in the ground and flatly deny genetic modifications from ever taking place the absolute best case scenario for you is, when the modified humans take over, they set up a reservation for you and your kind out of pity. Worst case is no reservation, and you'll fade into irrelevance trying to compete with people who have an unassailable advantage over you within the framework of a competitive society.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it because the clear game plan seems to be technological stagnation for the masses while the elite hoard all the best toys for themselves. Modified overclass, unmodified racial mongrel underclass. If things work out for the elites, we're never going to have to worry about genetic modification. We'll never see it.

Unless you consider miscegenation to be genetic modification.

Actually, shit, the production quality increased massively since that one:

youtu.be/aRwgmjn-8mE

>tfw no cyberpunk gf

I mostly agree with this sentiment although I don't believe that any institution car really be trusted to adminster an advanced version of this service without abusing their authority. It's just such a huge moral hazard. That said I'm not against the technology itself, just the cetralization of it's use and production. If there was a way to get it into the hads of hobbyists I'd be somewhat more comfortable. But then we have to worry about bio-terrorism and abominable chimera. There really is no perfect solution it seems.

This is also a good discussion and I was planning on using it as the starter for the next thread. I do have a question though. Would you turn your back on physical reality entirely in order to live a simulated life if you could? What do you think are the implications of such a choice on the wider world?

Worse. Japanese.

GIB
WAIFU

I'm hoping with gene modification they'll be able to find a cure for aging before I die of old age.

I also hope they find ways to make people more intelligent. If you clone a million people with an IQ of 230 it shouldn't take long for them to figure out how to make a human with far more intelligence than them. The clone those new super intelligent people so they can make somebody even more intelligent. We'll be immortal super intelligent beings in no time.

I still haven't taken the time to look at this and I don't have a moment to open youtube right now. Could you give me a quick rundown?

kikes don't have absolute power, especially on the field of science.

Islam will fall under its own weight, lack of a technological base & their desire to spread thin over the earth. US will annex Canada for natural resources, US France & UK will purge Europe by 2024. US, Russia & India alliance with Isreali intelligence will storm across the ME and return it to the Jews. China, economically broken will divide into 8 smaller nation states for the first time since the Ming dynasty. Praise KEK!

S-Space elevator?!

At least tell me they'll find a way to get rid of the pig nose.

Never underestimate your enemies.

>tfw want to augment everything and become adam jensen
>dont want the jews to ghosthack my cyber brain and turn me into a slave like Alex Jones said they're planning

Fuck you jews why must you ruin everything

if gene modification doesn't exist by the time i decide to have a kid I will use an egg donor instead
Northern European,
-5'10 height at least
120 IQ minimum

Join a cybersecurity irc. Good luck finding one who isn't a communist.

They do in the finance world. Whoever controls money, control the direction of scientific progress

>tfw cyberpunk girls are all edgelord commie fucks
>tfw no cyberfash waifu to secure the existence of our people and a future for cyber children

An interestong discussion is one about a world without age. How would we veiw reproduction in such a world? What about the cost of maintaining everyone's youth? So many questions. Do you care to discuss them with me?

These are truly, the best of time.

There's literally nothing wrong with gene modification. Worrying about the people who get left behind is what ruined our education system, and in general it's a counterproductive thought process. If we start making superior humans, a few billion will be left behind. If we fail to make superior humans for "ethical" reasons, ALL of us will be left behind.

Like Facerig but whole body and the facial animation is actually decent and voiced by a girl (or a man with a very convincing voice changer).

Don't really know how they managed such a thing.

It's better than professional CG anime, somehow.

I just wanted to stop in and say I love your threads. We need more discussion like this on Sup Forums not "ayyy lmao" or "give me a quick run down" threads.

I can't join in now, but when I get home I hope this thread is still going.

It already exists mate. It's just being perfected, give 10 years.

Japanese have cute noses.

Just fuck a swedish chick jesus christ it's not hard.

It already is. The question is what will rein supreme: corporations of the elite from all races and creeds or the democratized religious masses.

Fuck off, dataminer.

I've been reading alot about the gene modification and the main argument against it seems to be that, "...Hitler with his eugenics also wanted healthy and intelligent people, we don't want to be like Hitler now do we..." And it's extremely retarded to have that as an argument against it.

Thank you that means alot.

For starters they'll have to abolish the concept of retirement, but even if the economy doesn't collapse, we'll eventually run out of arable lands and the numbers will cull themselves through starvation. Which is why immortality will never be widely adopted

I would like to turn my beard on and off but I think designer children will be bad in the long run.

Here is your "genetic future" Sup Forums now, fuck off.

What about expanding off-world. I imagine that the legitimate need for living space combined with the boredom of 100+ years on earth could motivate quite a few people to reach for the stars.

I would like a gf in the future please

I think China is already on its way to catching and perhaps in the near future passing themail US in terms of technological advances. They set up special economic zones about 20 years ago and capitalism is running rampant. In terms of genetic modification; the Chinese can get away with a lot more "morally questionable" experimentation than the US can.

Not gonna happen faggot

Vortexposting

its much easier to find the perfect egg donor and depart with a small amount of money than to fuck some random sub-optimal chick and make a 20+ year investment

China's population distribution is fucking apocalyptic. They've a couple real bad decades ahead of them.

My guess is that when we get really far off into the future sexual reproduction is going to become heavily regulated and eventually non-existent They already regulate how many babies you can have in China. I imagine one day humans will look at sexual reproduction the way we look at child labor now, as a barbaric act of an age long gone. If we cure aging, we'll definitely have to do something about reproduction.

As far as cost of maintaining youth, I don't imagine it would be expensive. It may just a matter of removing the stuff in our DNA that makes us age. I believe there are six types of animals in the world that naturally don't age. The most advanced ones being lobsters. We need to start studying them if we want to cure aging. Of course, who knows what the actual discovery will be that cures aging. I'm sure it will happen eventually, though.

I imagine that nobody will have a gf after ai becomes super cheap and available. In fact, my personal belief is that shortly after gene modification becomes common, countries with low birth rates will start buying eggs from citizens to make designer wards of the state. This will be the end of the multiculturalism meme because these new undercalssmen can be made to be totally loyal as well as highly intelligent and efficent. They can be taxed to pay for gibs for the aging pre-mod population until they all die off or become too weak to revolt.

>democratized

I don't see much of a role for democracy in the future. At least not the universal suffrage type common in western countries.

We have no future

>wanting to let animalistic luddites in control

I think in the future the work week will eventually be reduced to 20 hours at the most. Machines will do enough of our work for us so that we don't need to do as much. If it's that low, people may not mind not retiring.

That will happen, too, I'm sure.

Well, lobsters not aging isn't entirely true. They can theoretically molt infinite times but each time it takes a little more energy. There's a logical limit to how old a lobster can get.

If though I agree that the future of humanity will have abandon this planet for survival, by then they can only achieve this by becoming unrecognisable to the idea humanity we hold today.

Consider this:

1. The human species have evolved entirely around entirely around the
conditions of planet earth: ie air composition, gravity etc

2. The extreme unlikelyhood of finding another planet that meets the exact conditions of earth

Which means, humanity will have to either extensively genetically modify themselves, or exist like a digitalised consciousness in order to move off world. Again either alternatives will be available to the masses, because there will be no economic incentives

There may be some economic incentive. I guess this far into the future is really just uncertain.

Speaking of not having girlfriends. I think the first use of Androids will be the sex industry. Just look at how realistic we can make Androids:

youtube.com/watch?v=cy7xGwYdRk0

It's funny how many technological innovations were driven by the sex industry. Like online monetary transactions and streaming video.

Getting Androids to have sex is fairly easy compared to a lot of things, and it takes the ethical issues out of prostitution. Already people are buying ultra-realistic sex dolls.

The key to the future is the past, only a fool could deny this.

To make a great utopia we have as a species endured many setbacks and failures, and we became better with each harsh lesson learned.

SPACE
ELEVATORS
I miss him

What do you think the implications are of such an extreme population distribution?

no, just a space enthusiast

Shareblue Disinfo Threads, Select Topics
Sup Forums archive, approximately 3 P.M., 2/26/17
DMT Dilemma:
Eugenics Euphoria
DNA Datamining
Transhuman Turbo-autism
Jew News 'Sup Forums Approves'
BOT THREAD YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TIME POSTING HERE AND INSODOING CONTRIBUTING TO THE DOWNFALL OF Sup Forums

Next thread? : The possibility and implications of creating a general AI and consequently a super AI

kawaii as heck t b h

I'm not gonna make myself immortal or anything like that when that technology comes, but I am looking forward to all the tools and tech that will be available, the robots, aircraft, spaceships, androids, virtual reality, etc.

They're already buying up all your properties and arable lands so your children will be homeless and starving in their own homelands. You seriously have to regulate your real estate and immigration laws, because the Chinese are referred to as locusts for a reason

VR+automasturbator will be more popular, I think.

I don't think people are going to want to set up all that in their house. Easier to just go to a brothel and fuck an Android.

>or the democratized religious masses
As long as it's the Christian masses I'm okay with this, but to be honest chances are the only religious societies in the future will be the backwards Islamic ones.

The best case scenario I see for Christianity in the future is if massive space colonization begins, thus allowing for Christians (and libertarians, fascists, etc) the ability to gather and form their own societies without the compromise needed of todays social democracies.

And so it turns out that the Asians are the ultimate hope of the world . . . .

These are more fun than your MUH WHITE RACE and circumcision threads

Here's another bump

Best movie of all time

I agree 100% I'm actually a leaf and housing prices in Toronto and Vancouver have gone through the roof due to Chinese. I wonder what the implications are for China though.

I didn't think of that business model.

Normies would probably go for that.

VR will probably get a lot more ergonomic, though. Probably barely larger than a pair of sunglasses eventually.

Don't be autistic. The board is big enogh for multiple topics.

That's tomorrow's thread. But you can discuss anythjng you want today. You don't have to stay on the starter topic.

What's the future degree? Electrical engineering?

Medical engineering
Augmentations brother

I'd go with robotics. But I'm not from the future. Also we'll probably see a total collapse of the western university system soon.

Go away Varg you nihilist faggot

It's not nihilism. The way western universities are now, either they'll destroy themselves or civilization. I like to think it'll be the better of the two.

>China
>Ever innovating anything

Chinks seem to lack the creativity to innovate and only make advances by stealing off the west. Russkies are pretty good with their potato science but their government lacks the will and the cash to research anything other than military tech.

You're right my bad
Its pessimism
Go away Varg you pessimist faggot

in the future we are the memes

It's actually optimism, unfortunately.

Memes are software for meat computers.

No it fucking isnt
Optimism is fighting to preserve our civilizations and make them great again no matter how stacked the odds are
You want to run away into the forest and LARP as a caveman go for it, but its just defeatist cuckoldry
Every white man should be fighting against the (((globalists)))

tfw running Meme OS on my memestation

>not templeOS