Italian surgeon will perform the first Human Head Transplant

Is this real life?
This is fucking awesome

>31 years old Valery Spiridonov(Russia) suffers from a terminal muscle-wasting disease.

>This year he will become the first human in history to go through a head transplant.

>The procedure will be performed by Italian surgeon Sergio Canavero.

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3965054/Surgeon-world-s-human-HEAD-transplant-says-operation-place-UK-year.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R2BxGOdYm8U
youtube.com/watch?v=O_AkU8wJ1ZA
techdirt.com/articles/20150429/10472130834/head-transplant-doctor-ponders-likeness-lawsuit-over-supposed-appearance-metal-gear-solid-5.shtml
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_transplant
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think I heard of a head transplant before, stop lying about the happenings, you twat.

My prediction is that he'll survive the surgery but won't be able to use the body. Then he'll either start rejecting or get a massive amount of Graft vs Host disease and die after 2 weeks

they've done it on animals I think but never a human

I heard about this operation years ago. I thought it was scheduled for last year.

I could never figure out whether it is a head transplant or a body transplant.

This dude is never going to wake up. They'll keep his body alive but he'll never be conscious again.

I guess it's is still good regardless as he basically sacrifices his life so it might become a posibillity in the future

if this succeeds, we tall people will get fucked.. manlets will try to kill us for our bodies.

I do really wish he makes it.
Stay strong Ruskie bro.

The Chinese successfully did it on a monkey, and the Koreans have done it on mice while achieving full return of motor functions.

yeah it's the first step. Most new transplant procedures go to shit and something this big is going to have so many issues pop up that they cant predict

The lanklet body is a fragile thing. Why would we want it?

youtube.com/watch?v=R2BxGOdYm8U

Surely it's not a head transplant, it's a body transplant

>t. 5'10

stay strong head-man

Soros is never going to die

>if this succeeds, we tall people will get fucked.. manlets will try to kill us for our bodies.

That's taller than the Mexican national average

Wasn't this headline a MGS ARG in like 2015?

Isis videos don't count.

Would you get a head transplant if you needed one, Sup Forums?

Feels good to be above average then.

Hope he makes it, it will be a huge medical breakthrough and a pretty heartwarming thing.

Can't tell if this is some Bantz or if it's autism.
Either way you made me chuckle
Hope this surgery pulls through though, it'll be interesting where it takes us as a species in our advancements

Good argument for bringing back the guillotine.

fuck off satan, you're not tricking me

ROBO COP

youtube.com/watch?v=O_AkU8wJ1ZA

So if it works the rich people can just keep getting head transplants and live forever?

I dunno man, it would be pretty fucked up looking down and seeing someone elses body. Like people have had trouble accepting transplanted arms and dicks as their own so a whole body would be the biggest mind fuck

>Sergio CADAVERO
>mfw

And lose all my gains with my current body?

fuck no

Found it

Fucking Kojima man...
techdirt.com/articles/20150429/10472130834/head-transplant-doctor-ponders-likeness-lawsuit-over-supposed-appearance-metal-gear-solid-5.shtml

fuck off man.. if this procedure will have above 60% success rates, I predict many more healthy young people disappearing ffs

also this I hope he dies.

soviets did this on dogs in the 60s. the implications of such technology makes people upset, and it would undoutably create ad emand for perfect bodies, so instead of taking child blood and baby stem cells to make themselves younger, the elite might start just body snatching people.

C H A P T E R 3
O
N
F
I
R
M
E
D

It depends on what you consider to be a person. If you think a person is defined by their consciousness, then it is a head transplant because you are transferring that persons head (and thus that persons consciousness) to a new body. If you think a person is the physical self, than it is a body transplant because the body (which consists of the vast majority of ones physical self) is being given a new consciousness.

I'm afraid it's been...9 years.

boi

Source please thats fucking awesome.

So this is chapter 3, right?

nah, it wouldn't surprise me the transplant has a really high chance of causing brain damage so they'd eventually get fucked up

The trans community will be watching this closely.

What happens when he survives and his brain can't figure out how to control the new body? Or of the body rejects the head and acts on its own at he either chokes himself to death or shoots himself against his own will

You've got that backwards. It's a body transplant if you consider the head to be the person (which it is).

Stay strong, headbro

How can a body act without a brain controlling it

>Snatching people
>Not just making genetically modified clones and using them as host bodies

It is arguably more ethical, and definitely more legal, plus you would theoretically get better results since the body could be tailer made to your specifications.

>And now we cut the spinal co-
>Whoops

Can't wait.

Ya I probably got it backwards.

This shit is confusing.

whos body is gonna be

i understand that he will cut the guy head and put somewhere else

dont you need 2 people to do that? wont the head still have the desease?

>bodybuilders will make money taking other people bodies making big gains then returning the body

I hope this experiment fails

>t. Karl Pilkington

Is it first human head transplant or first human body transplant?

>posting about this same inane, fake bullshit for 3 straight years

Fuck off, literal retard.

The real point is that mans getting a new cock blacks will be slaughtered

and more expensive so why bother. let some dumb goy persue a life time of health and fitness then take their perfect body rather than spend trillions of dollars perfecting cloning technology.

in transplant science the part that is likely to cause rejection is generally considered the host. So from that angle it would be a head transplant

Only if the body I get is black.

Literally the best of both worlds, I'll get the BBC for the bedroom and then I can just put on a suit and some gloves to hide my black skin and have a normal white man's job.

Sign me up.

You offering Satan?

>we'll be able to live forever by cloning ourselves, then cutting the head off the clone, grinding into stem cell paste, and gluing our old head onto our new body

if this works immortality is real, aliens are real, clones are real and the matrix will be real.

Idk scientists don't fully understand the human brain. It would just be wild if the body acted on its own via the subconscious of the head and ended up killing the head. Something out of a science fiction story.

> wanting AIDS
No thanks

Its true theres videos on it

Yea I would, its better than being stuck in a wheelchair no matter the risks.

lol it rips it off and drop kicks it.

Reminds me of that russian doctor who kept a dogs head alive with an artificial hart bloodpump

This shit about head transplants comes around every year. Stop with these threads, it's fake news.

Well, once the heads come off, you're not moving the bodies you're moving the heads. So it's a head transplant.

all your women do... go ask your mom, sister and girlfriend (give her 20 min to answer though... her mouth's full atm)

this

also i have a nice benis

Think of the implications of a head transplant. You'd be cucking yourself if you had a child.

don't you fucking mean a body transplant

Valid point sir I yeild

how will the spine be mended? wouldnt he just be paralyzed?

Holy shit it better be successful, so cool!

He´s been about to for years. Do the fucking transplant already

He even looks like the mad scientist off of Outlast

Weirdly enough, they don't actually cut the neck off at that point. They take the whole spine out.

What if he gets a nigger body? Would he still be considered white?

This. Unless they are going to use secret technologies n sheet, he is done for.

>t. Cuck

If they get full motor function back, why can't we fix paralyzed people?

I already saved a bunch of my ejaculate in case of an accident or sudden infertility. I think I'll be fine.

Kek

There are tons of trials with apes. No one survived longer than a few days.

I guess we are not ready yet for such an invasion. Maybe in the times of Dr. Nanobot.

Will they transplant his balls too? So he has his own children and isn't cucked by his body?

To be fair, the brain still ages.

And I'm no geneticist, but isn't the negative effects of age caused by cells gradually losing their genetic cohesiveness after countless cell splits, which results in a slow but sure decline in cell quality after they split?

If that is the case, what happens when old, faulty cells from the head inevitability travel to the new host body? Would those faulty cells not also split in the new host body, causing the new host body to age artificially rapidly?

I'm fairly certain that we can repair nerves that have been damaged in accidents with some level of success so something thats be cut on purpose should have a bit of a higher chance. The problem is that there's going to be so fucking much to repair

Guys I just realized this is the ultimate form of cucking. the mans balls he gets will have the bodies dna so whoever he was he could be reproducing after he is dead. Also Is it gay when he jacks off?

I want Taylor Swifts pussy attatched to my dick.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_transplant

>Current progress is being made as Dr. Canavero’s collaborators continue research. Dr. Xiaoping Ren of Harbin Medical University of China and his team recently completed a monkey head transplant using Canavero’s research. The spinal cord was not connected for the monkey as the purpose was to see if the blood supply worked. The monkey survived the procedure without any complications but was only kept alive for 20 hours for ethical reasons and they are testing on human corpses to prevent injury.[16] C-Yoon Kim of Konkuk University School of Medicine in South Korea also published a study in Surgical Neurology International which showed how the team reestablished motor movements in mice whose neck spinal cords had been severed and re-fused. A video was also released.[17]

There's no way this will work. If it somehow does we're going full cyborg in a few years. Fuck ya robot legs.

Good job

So what happens? They say head.... so does his body get a new head or does his head get a new body? Who wakes up after the operation? Will the owner of the body or the head be the seer? I hope he live streams it and the man wakes up, only it's not him and it freaks out, starts pulling it's own flesh apart and then begins to scream, real terrifying haunting screams. Then a nurse can't stand to see him suffer and attempts to kill it, but is pulled away because the men of science want to witness the poor creature suffer. They tie it down, but still it screams, agonising screams. Then the tremors start, they are so violent that his eyes look at the camera and are filled with absolute terror, the likes of which nobody has ever seen before, these send a horrific chill down all of us watching. Everyone that is, except for me.... I'll be masturbating watching him screaming and I will be shouting for them to keep it alive, shaking and screaming with absolute terror in its eyes I'll be Jerking my meat so hard....

in these miracle operations the answer is usually 'it will heal itself with this experimental soup of stem cells we will put on the cuts'

>underrated posts

When nerves are severed in an accident they're not cut in a clean uniform way which makes repairing them difficult. We can sometime repair a bit but it's difficult