Syria General - /sg/ - Apocalypse Now Edition

>the fourth round of airstrikes attributed to Israel in Syria in less than a week.

timesofisrael.com/syrian-rebels-report-fresh-israeli-airstrikes-near-damascus

>"We will be partners with Hezbollah in any future war against Israel," the unnamed official, whom the newspaper labeled "one of the senior decision-makers in Syria," said.

jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Syrian-official-vows-to-back-Hezbollah-in-potential-war-against-Israel-482088

>Lebanese must realize another war with Israel means Lebanon will be sent back to Middle Ages, Bennett tells Haaretz.

haaretz.com/israel-news/1.776419

>IDF launches 2 drills in Israel’s south

timesofisrael.com/idf-launches-2-drills-in-israels-south

>Israel quietly withdraws ambassador from Egypt 'over security concerns'

telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/14/israel-quietly-withdraws-ambassador-egypt-security-concerns

>“In 2017, all of Israel is under threat,” said Col. Itzik Bar of the military’s Homefront Command. Preparations are underway for Israel to deal with “very high amounts” of incoming fire, he said.

washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/israel-plans-mass-evacuation-if-war-erupts-again/2017/03/21/307ee840-0e4f-11e7-aa57-2ca1b05c41b8_story.html

>With Russia fighting alongside Iranian-backed Hezbollah fighters in Syria, and directly backing the Assad regime, and the US directly backing Israel as well as fighters opposed to both Assad and Hezbollah in Syria, what would start as two wars could rapidly coalesce into one.

thedrive.com/the-war-zone/8444/israel-warns-it-will-destroy-syrias-air-defenses-without-thinking-twice

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/IlyasStefoglo1/status/845172244007464960
twitter.com/Numerologynow/status/672838302697807872
kikebook.com/dimashq.now/posts/1189679357824341
twitter.com/markito0171/status/845179812327014400
twitter.com/ALNokhbaArmy/status/845183222593945600
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norway_Debate#Lloyd_George:_.22the_worst_strategic_position_in_which_this_country_has_ever_been_placed.22
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kawkab in SAA hands or not?

who knows

twitter.com/IlyasStefoglo1/status/845172244007464960

Dont mess with the format dude. As much as i like the work you put into the OP its not an /sg/ OP.

FUCKING KIKES

Fuck the kikes and fuck the OP

>tfw joining army in summer

>tfw Sup Forums really was right when they told me i was going to die for jews in israel if i joined the army

>mfw

OP is a fag

twitter.com/Numerologynow/status/672838302697807872

>muh format

I never liked the format much 2bh. way too cluttered, maps are often outdated, developments aren't sourced, etc.

and overall misses the bigger picture. this is ww3 in the early stages; this is not just a civil war in Syria

no fuck you, muh maps

Nothing wrong with your OP. Its good work. But it should be its own thread. Not an /sg/ thread, altho i agree it is related.

On topic:
Has there been any actual proof of syrias claim that they downed 1 of 4 jets that attacked recently?

Oh shit who's that cutie on the tv?

That norge guy would be angry at you desu

>muh ww3
Please stop, we discuss Syria here, guess why it is called /sg/

one thing leads to another

I think it will come to pass in fall too, but it's fall now, pic related

then make your own thread. nothing was up

>Has there been any actual proof of syrias claim that they downed 1 of 4 jets that attacked recently?

nope

Do you know why there wasn't a /sg/ thread?

It's simple, it's because the SAA is getting BTFO RIGHT FUCKING NOW

LMAO

yesterday they said that nothing HAPPENED and that everything was UNDER CONTROL

THE REBELS HAVE LITERALLY REACHED HAMA's NORTHERN OUTSKIRTS

CLASHES AROUND KURNAZ AS WE SPEAK

HOLY SHIT

LOOK AT THIS DAMAGE CONTROL
>kikebook.com/dimashq.now/posts/1189679357824341
>everything is under control, the army just retreated from a checkpoint on the outskirts of Soran and a little barrier far from Khattab

while SORAN, khattab, SHEER, khirbat hijama, SUBEEN, the hama-maharda highway, KAWKAB, sheyraz, MAARDAS, Maharda-suqaylabiya highway, TAL BAZAM, arzeh, MAJDAL, and A LOT of other TOWNS and POINTS HAVE FALLEN !! !!! !!!!!

HTSAA BTFO

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

clashes right NOW around KURNAZ and OFFENSIVE in al ghab SOON

YES, THIS IS WHY THERE WASN'T A /sg/ THREAD

MAD BECAUSE PF THE REBELS'

M A D
G
A
I
N
Z

..M................G
.A A.............A A
D...D...........I.....I
.A A.............N.N
..M.................Z

..G
.A A
I... ..I
.N N
...Z

#Syria #Hama Rebels seized Tell al Sakhr south of Kafr Nabudah

>twitter.com/markito0171/status/845179812327014400

Northern gate of KURNAZ: friend
based FREE IDLIB ARMY

i would cuck u irl

>Lebanese must realize another war with Israel means Lebanon will be sent back to Middle Ages
>implying Lebanon ever left the Middle Ages

>unironically citing markito
And you guys wonder why nobody takes you serious

no, you would like to eat me irl

markito is the absolute example of BS news about syria.
but there are other arabic sources, when i post something here, you all ask for a source but you don't speak arabic so...

here is the official statement of al nokhba (elite) army (FSA):
>twitter.com/ALNokhbaArmy/status/845183222593945600

I prefer an arab source which I can translate with google to check whether your post is consistent with it over a literal autist without brain

i hate black people

Truth

It's day 4 and the offensive has already stalled more or less. Toyotas and SVBIED's coupled with jihadists only get you so far.

JihadiJulian's already crying about RuAF and SyAF bombing civilians again so there you have it.

>two amerifats get run over by a car in Britstan, Sup Forums looses their shit
>1.5 kike in israel gets stubbed, Sup Forums looses their shit
>40 -100 people die from the (((coalition))) air strikes in Syria and Iraq every day, no one cares

Israel must burn in the nuclear holocaust along with every zionist kike scum in the world desu.

>It's day 4 and the offensive has already stalled more or less
>stalled
lmao which offensive are you talking about?
the rebels made HUGE MAD GAINZ yesterday and the offensive is ongoing today, with a new additional axis

Hama will fall any day now...

>66

agree

why doesn't the SAA ever counter-attack elsewhere to drain rebel offensives? Rebels do this all the time. For example start pushing from Latakia or Aleppo towards Idlib, force rebels to reallocate resources.

/sg/ is dead or almost dead almost every morning in EU
Even you seasonal fsa shills like you need to sleep from time to time,
burgers are useless, they cant maintain a thread

>Do you know why there wasn't a /sg/ thread?
No /sg/ late at night and early in the morning isnt anything special maghrebi, better luck next time

You try too hard.

because NOT ENOUGH MANPOWER
how many times will i have to repeat it?
SAA can't fight on that much fronts.
when the Qabun-Jobar rebel attack started, they sent divisions from palmyra to there, when hama started, they sent the tigers from eastern aleppo.

Thanks for baking, I guess, but what with the shitty format? If you make an /sg/, be so kind to stick to traditions.

>le /sg/ format maymay

see

People always supplied sources when asked about news and maps were often updated fast. This format sucks dick

>Rebels do this all the time

Oh yeah look how far that has gotten them, they're losing badly.

You'll scatter off and stop posting on /sg/ as soon as the SAA starts destroying your rebels again

This thread is about Syria and occasionally other ocnflicts, not tin-foil general about mythical WWIII, tbqh famalam. Format is not perfect, but it does get updated pretty much constantly, not to mention that it is very helpful to the newbies. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for baking, but original format is vastly superior. When there is at least a Carribian-tier crisis going on in the world, then it is time to create WWIII-general, right now it is just conjecture.

End yourself smart-ass idiot.

Well, they kinda are losing, are they not?

See my ass, this format is shit. If you want a "bigger picture" conflict general open it elsewhere.

Mahgrebi-kun, now that the rebels are doing something and you can shitpost can you open the thread during mornings or something? Just dont meme too much.

let's consider

>everything you need to know:

except it's not any info - it's linking you to a wordpress that was last updated in fucking january

a /sg/ youtube channel - most recent uploaded video 8 months ago

a /sg/ twitter - mostly just chitchat. you can put the important links in the OP instead

that's how the format begins. outdated clutter

then we have southfront; relatively one-sided, but at least up to date

followed by 2 interviews with Assad; both >25 minutes long that nobody's going to watch

then 5 different links to maps of the same place

followed by 7 more links of "fan maps" - mostly random twitter accounts

followed by, that's right, 7 more links to maps

total number of maps links - 19.

then developments, but since all the other clutter there's no room for sources

---

it's a shitty format. let it go

>tin-foil general

what story in the OP do you think is tin foil? they're all sourced

>not to mention that it is very helpful to the newbies.

no it's not. it's cumbersome as all fuck. see>When there is at least a Carribian-tier crisis going on in the world, then it is time to create WWIII-general, right now it is just conjecture.

we disagree, but time will tell

no.

REAL, PROPER THREAD HERE::

no, your format is shit. it's mostly redundant/outdated clutter

/sg/ has always fucking been conflict general. why do you think the US has troops there? Why the fuck is Israel attacking Syria every other day now? why does Russia have troops there? UK has troops there. Turkey has troops there. Iran has troops there. etc. etc. etc.

this was never just about Syria

no u

I agree with most of this critique, some links have to go to decrease the overall clutter, but not watching interviews with the president of a country this whole conflict is all about? And just because they are too long? WTF man, you have attention span disorder or something? Seriously, it is not for you to decide if this fornat has to go, but for majority, and not a single user supports you here.

>followed by 2 interviews with Assad; both >25 minutes long that nobody's going to watch

Watched both at work

>then 5 different links to maps of the same place
how fucking new are you?

who the fuck are you coming here with this crap?

Oh, real thread is up. Evacuating.

>and not a single user supports you here.

you just said "I agree with most of this critique". which is it?

>not watching interviews with the president of a country this whole conflict is all about?

see this was never about Assad. He just happens to be the nominal president of the country where all the powers of the world are gathering for war

and if there's something important Assad says, then you should quote it then link the vid. there's no way anybody is going to watch 2 videos of Assad nearly an hour long total; one video from 2 weeks ago, one video from last month. you're just cluttering up the OP

I've been here a long time and it's not the first time I've made these kinds of critiques. the maps used to be months old too, but that seems to have improved recently

and you're not going to convince anybody you need 5+ maps of Syria in the OP. plus 14 other links to "maps", most redundant

it's lazy, it's bloated, it turns people off of the thread.

>and not a single user supports you here.

>muh popularity

I don't give a fuck. if you're wrong it doesn't matter how many people agree with you

quality > quantity

I watched both the recent interviews and all the older ones. Most of us regulars do. And we like the maps. Make your own thread for your own topic, and let /sg/ carry on as it always has

I doubt most regulars watch the Assad videos. but even if so, why leave a video from last month in the OP?

>And we like the maps.

neat, but they're still redundant as fuck; your feelings aside, there's no logical defense for 19 maps, mostly of the same country over and over again. it's retarded

>Make your own thread for your own topic, and let /sg/ carry on as it always has

you don't own /sg/

this isn't your subreddit. if you want to make your own subreddit, then >>>/reddit/

when I made my thread there was no other /sg/ up. to each his own tho. this is /sg/ apocalypse edition. if you prefer to post in /sg/ fag doll edition go right ahead

fag thread

kek, no the fag thread is the one with the gay doll in the OP

stay retarded

>you don't own /sg/
Neither do you

Yes but they've successfully stalled govt offensives by opening fronts elsewhere. It has been a successful strategy even if it hasn't won them the war.

Sup Forums is a free for all

like I said, to each his own

you don't have to be here

bump

bamp

He will be turned out, Tiger always wins

bro. what the fuck are you doing?
Ascetically your OP looks like shit.
Your crits of our OP are retarded at best.

For instance the maps are what we use to get a quick heads up on movements - they are neither random nor useless. They provide the info we want very quickly.

The word press is a repository, there is no intention of it being a 'updated for the day' thing.

Youtube is the same, it's a repository, it contains links to original music made by an user.

/Sg twitter, being mostly chitchat, is neither here nor there, it's a base from which we started to troll rebels and julian jihadi. So our presence extends beyond Sup Forums. If it's chitchat still, then it's meeting engineering objectives.

Southfront, may be one sided, but it's a fuckload better and a fuckload more accurate than any other source.

Assad interviews are absolute gold. They tell us what the Syrian Govt position is and they are regularly watched. I have watched each one.

5 different map links to the same place you say, well now, it seems we are objective then...? no?

We like maps man, there isn't, nor has there been a better format for describing geographical relationships in over 1000 years. deal with it. We used to have a guy who made maps just for us. But he is doing something else now.

As for sources, we don't want them on the OP, we want them in the thread. They change very quickly, the OP provides us with a headline of info and updates.

What have you got in your OP?
A fucking ugly assortment of one sided zionist shit, that we have already covered in many previous threads. ( I am being generous - the telegraph is not a primary source - it's a reality filter for the mentally fragile, washington post, hahaha)ffs

Look man we built the OP format over the space of a year. Yours does not even come close to usefulness, objectivity or sexiness.

I have no problems with improvements and such. But you have to realise we are a community and we don't really respond to one sided bullshit.

>Ascetically

kek

>maps are what we use to get a quick heads up on movements - they are neither random nor useless

they are redundant. do you know what redundant means? there are 19 maps, most of them are just different format of the same thing

>Youtube is the same, it's a repository, it contains links to original music made by an user.

the videos and wordpress are severely outdated. they're not a repository for anything significant or underlying

and music has nothing to do with the war in syria

instead of posting current events and relevant regional happenings, you waste all that space with nonsense. not worth it. you can't even afford to fit sources for the actual current events because of all the bloat

it's junk, but hey, again, to each his own

>may be one sided, but it's a fuckload better and a fuckload more accurate than any other source.

>one-sided
>more accurate than anything else

kek, stay retarded

>They tell us what the Syrian Govt position is and they are regularly watched.

I've been here a long time; never watched an entire Assad interview. If I want to know Assad's position I will see what Russia is doing

>5 different map links to the same place

of the same place (Syria proper), and it's more than 5 when you include the "fan maps"

>What have you got in your OP?
>A fucking ugly assortment of one sided zionist shit

it's accurate. again, I challenge you to actually dispute any of the reports/sources up there

vague delusional accusations (muh joos) doesn't cut it

>telegraph
>wapo

both quoting Israeli officials and you can find those direct quotes in many other sources

>Look man we built the OP format over the space of a year

and I've been criticizing it for a long time. it has improved. maps used to be literally months old. but it's still junk

>we don't really respond to one sided bullshit.

you just admitted southfront "may be one sided"

which is it?

Nigger where are the maps, southfront and shit? Don't fuck with /sg/.

seeand

Real thread:

s a g e this pathetic OP.

>triggered

nobody cares about your opinion you fucking retard you're trying to coopt /sg/ for your irrelevant paranoid linkspam, neck yourself

Nigger some people come rarely just to check on shit. OP must have all recent news maps southfront and link to previous bread. It was this way for years now. You not liking the format isn't a good reason. I came to Sup Forums just to check on /sg/ and what do i see? Shit edition.

>nobody cares about your opinion
>responds

hahahaha

>irrelevant paranoid

ww3 isn't irrelevant, you will soon see, and I'm not paranoid; you're in denial

stay mad

>muh sg subreddit
>muh safe space
>muh formatting

your linkspam retardation normally takes up six posts and you have the nerve to complain about clutter? LMAO

you've been spamming this shit for two years, just kill yourself already

>OP must have all recent news

it doesn't have all the recent news. it has outdated links, redundant maps, stories without sources, admittedly biased links (southfront, etc.)

it's shit. let it go

>I came to Sup Forums just to check on /sg/ and what do i see? Shit edition.

again, it's a free board. you are welcome to go to the other thread. I posted this one when there was no /sg/ up, and I made it according to my liking. I don't just copy/paste mindless bullshit because muh sg, muh formatting

equally, fuck off if you don't like it

six posts is clutter? you have 19 fucking maps alone in the other /sg/, god damn retard

>two years

first of all, it's been longer than 2 years.

second, see

>For three or four years I thought to myself that the facts with regard to Germany were exaggerated by the First Lord, because the then Prime Minister — not this Prime Minister — said that they were not true. The First Lord was right about it. Then came the war.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norway_Debate#Lloyd_George:_.22the_worst_strategic_position_in_which_this_country_has_ever_been_placed.22

Well next time make your own syria thread without /sg/ tag so it doesn't pop up in search.

Proper /sg/ has that format for a reason. Even Sup Forums roaches didn't fuck it up that badly.

>Proper /sg/

look, this isn't reddit. this is Sup Forums. it's a free for all. If there's no thread and I bake, I bake like this.

proper doesn't mean jack shit to me

>proper doesn't mean jack shit to me

especially when it's wrong

the /sg/ format you refer to is a mess. it's bad. I don't care if it's proper/popular. if it's bad it's wrong, period.

bump

bamp