For those of you flipping out over the new bill

reddit.com/r/AskThe_Donald/comments/6233ca/how_do_you_feel_about_your_internet_browser/dfjfox4/

>"What's happening is a repeal if an 11th hour change Obama made to move internet from FTC to FCC. FTC had protections. Repealing the protections in the FCC law does not end protections, it just ends an end-run power grab that had deeper implications. The power grab move to FCC did not even go into effect until 3 weeks before President Trump's inauguration."

In other words, nothing is actually changing.

Gb2 reddit

RARE

All I want to know is if this now means that colleges and businesses will see my political views

bump for visibility

No one seems to understand this.

Yeah. I was upset for a while until I read what it did was just repeat a law that went into effect 3 months ago. I fucking hate people.

>Gb2

You should join him.

Stop talking and get back to work, Graphics Card.

God you trump retards would fucking eat shit if your daddy told you so. I don't care about Obama, or the mental gymnastics you idiots use to justify your bullshit. Trump's turned his back on all of his "power to duh people" bullshit and turned out he was nothing more than a corporatist shill.

Why aren't ISPs treated the same way as other utilities? I don't get it.

Because when you become a utility you are slapped with the weight of a hundred years of regulations. It leads to stagnation and decay, or corruption, or both. Look at HECO; it's one of the largest public utility stocks, yet it only serves a tiny state with a population less than Los Angeles. And it takes forever to get anything done, like solar farms or even just raising the rates.

Every single silicon valley product already sells my information after they build a site to site advertising profile of me.

yeah but, would it really be worse than what we have now?

#TweetTheResistence from your Android(R) device that sells your information!

Have you ever got into your google settings and seen the gps map it records of everywhere you've ever went, and tries to guess what you did there?

Maybe normies will realize it if Joseph Gordon Levitt makes a movie about it!

#TweetTheResistence from your Chrome browser on the win10 platform and earn Coupons!

The internet is really really new, and its not considered the same as water or electricity yet

Yes.

If, say, Verizon were a public utility, they would never have been able to offer FIOS. They wouldn't have been able to raise the capital for it, they wouldn't have been allowed to charge higher rates for it, and they wouldn't have been allowed to make any significant investment decision without going into every single market they operate in and getting a referendum passed in elections.

Is everyone gonna know my political affiliations now when I'm looking for a job?

Ah, I see.

Well, what about in the opposite direction? Why is the law so restrictive towards municipal broadband and stuff like google fiber?

>AskThe_Donald/

They will. And traps ARE gay.

>The vote overturned rules passed in October by the Federal Communications Commission that tightened limits on what internet service providers (ISPs) could do with their users' data. The rules, which would have taken effect later this year, required ISPs to notify consumers about the type of information they collect, and obtain their consent, before selling it to third parties. The rules also made ISPs more accountable for preventing data breaches.

your totally right trump faggots, this is nothing to worry about

Fake news folks. Trump supporters are outright lying now to rationalize this retarded action.

the bill's implications say that it definitely won't end here, for better or for worse

and also askthe_donald isn't necessarily le reddit argument, sane points actually come up.

>nothing is changing
Why is he bother to do it then?

The only people who need to worry about this are masturbating 12 year old who forget to go incognito before a fap

bump

what exactly do you think the incognito mode does?