Real life matrix

What is pols stand on simulation theory? I'll give a
>quick rundown
Basically it's an argument with three possible scenarios:
1. Human civilization is unlikely to reach a level of technological maturity capable of producing simulated realities, or such simulations are physically impossible to construct.
2. A comparable civilization reaching aforementioned technological status will likely not produce a significant number of simulated realities (one that might push the probable existence of digital entities beyond the probable number of "real" entities in a Universe) for any of a number of reasons, such as, diversion of computational processing power for other tasks, ethical considerations of holding entities captive in simulated realities, etc.
3. Any entities with our general set of experiences are almost certainly living in a simulation.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JDR5i6z4L8c
plato.stanford.edu/entries/idealism/
rep.routledge.com/articles/thematic/idealism/v-1
philpapers.org/rec/ELLETP-2
philpapers.org/rec/SMIANE-2
philpapers.org/rec/HENHTA
gutenberg.org/files/4723/4723-h/4723-h.htm
gutenberg.org/files/4724/4724-h/4724-h.htm
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=0DB12BBA4A197862E272211B7A059880
youtube.com/watch?v=4l1lQMCOguw
youtube.com/watch?v=i4DyfIsj8FU
youtube.com/watch?v=kdbs-HUAxC8
youtube.com/watch?v=iVbG90kr1B0
youtube.com/watch?v=v2Xsp4FRgas
youtube.com/watch?v=4C5pq7W5yRM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DUDE WEED

Come on, play with the idea for a moment. A computer simulation honestly makes perfect sense, accounting for the lack of otherwise logical answers to our existence. This is a solid hypothesis.!

i think im going to play with my dick here in a minute, have a good one!

>circumcision fap

Flag checks out, I appreciate the bumps

I think we probably live in a simulation, but that doesn't mean there's an afterlife. You probably just get deleted when you die.

completely plausible
lets go to space

The universe being an idea within the mind of God fits far better

/ig/ Idealism General

Subjective Idealism, Monistic Idealism, Phenomenalism, and Panpsychistic Movements.

QUICK RUNDOWN
>Dr. Godehard Bruentrup: What Is Idealism?
youtube.com/watch?v=JDR5i6z4L8c

>In philosophy, idealism is the group of philosophies which assert that reality, or reality as we can know it, is fundamentally mental, mentally constructed, or otherwise immaterial.

ENCYCLOPEDIA ENTRIES
>Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
plato.stanford.edu/entries/idealism/
>Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy
rep.routledge.com/articles/thematic/idealism/v-1

ACADEMIC ARTICLES
>Eliminating the Physical
philpapers.org/rec/ELLETP-2
>A New Epistemic Argument for Idealism
philpapers.org/rec/SMIANE-2
>How To Avoid Solipsism While Remaining An Idealist
philpapers.org/rec/HENHTA

BOOKS
>George Berkeley-Principles of Human Knowledge
gutenberg.org/files/4723/4723-h/4723-h.htm
>George Berkeley-Three Dialogues between Hylas and Philonous
gutenberg.org/files/4724/4724-h/4724-h.htm
>John Foster-A World For Us: The Case for Phenomenalistic Idealism
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=0DB12BBA4A197862E272211B7A059880

YOUTUBE
>The Introspective Argument:
Part 1: youtube.com/watch?v=4l1lQMCOguw
Part 2: youtube.com/watch?v=i4DyfIsj8FU
>Dr. David Chalmers explains why materialism is false
youtube.com/watch?v=kdbs-HUAxC8
>Why substance dualism is roundly rejected in contemporary philosophy
youtube.com/watch?v=iVbG90kr1B0

I believe it completely.
IT FUCKING MAKES SENSE YOU SPERGS.

simulation theory is as dumb as dogshit, there is always the possibility that escaping the simulation is a simulation.
So youll never ever know for certain.. reminds me of the uncertainty principle

Is this an elon cuck thread?

That just sounds fucking stupid.

>one in billions

You sure won me over with your math

The only entertainment i have is existing

Who gives a shit? Stop smoking all the fucking weed, it's making you delusional.

Telling me I have no argument is not an argument.

No it doesn't. Stop smoking weed.

What is the simulation simulating?

Simulation theory just claims reality isn't the realest reality. It's horseshit.

Yes it does, maybe you should try some.

There is nothing more triggering to me than some theory without any impact like this one. Weather true or not it leads to no changes to outcome and as such is just used to signal usefulness to (((((((academia)))))) and high verbal IQ.

It seems to me more likely that there are these things we just won't be able to accomplish like ultra realistic simulations or long distance space travel.

I already provided the arguments for my case (check the Idealism General in my first post). You're the one failing to provide arguments.

1. who fucking cares were in this reality
2. stop believing jewish tricks. only white people even give a shit about other realities or this life being a simulation
2.5. only faggots with egos bigger than their heads with a muh magic sky fairy believe in extra dimensions/realities.
3. DUDE WEED LIKE LMAO WHAT IF LIKE WE'RE IN A YA KNOW, LIKE A HUGE COMPUTER MAN, AND LIKE, WE ARE THE SIMULATION, MAN.
4. the only people who give a shit about other dimensions/realites are the faggots who cant, for a moment, think they are not in control of their lives. the people who cant not accept that this is it, those who cannot even fathom what it's like to not think about their world, to even go so far as you and i are not even real just figment of their imagination

Nice anecdote. Humans are ignorant as fuck. We know dogs hit. Just because we have HDTV and NASA doesn't make us enlightened. There is truly something beyond us, that we're not designed to understand.

Elon Musk has obviously been playing too many Nitro+ VNs

Why can't you appreciate the sake of discussion, for the hell of it rather than resorting to useless ad hominem to elevate yourself? Some people enjoy discussing abstract ideas and concept that does not necessarily suggest a lack of whatever it is you're claiming we lack in real life you stupid piece of shit.

Nice anecdote. Humans have spend their entire existence on earth understanding things that we were not designed to. Just because we don't have Mars colonies and faster than light travel doesn't make us idiots. There is truly something beyond us and we will understand it as well someday.

Smoking weed makes you stupid. The fact that you would actually believe we're living in a computer simulation is proof enough.

It is impossible for us to be in a simulation as it is impossible for a simulation to fully contain an irrational number like Pi.

Musk BTFO

>only white people even give a shit.....

correct, aryans have the intelligence and curiosity to explore the unknown and ultimately push humanity forward...
Exploring the simulation theory may lead to technological breakthroughs in the quantum realm, which may one day make our wildest dreams possible and achieve utopia.

It would only have to simulate Pi to as high an accuracy as we can measure in that moment, no?

The guy runs a Ponzi scheme. Surprised by how fucking stupid humans are, he starts to question if this is an actual reality. /pol eats it up. The fuck is wrong with you people?

>tfw the multiverse is like the Cube

no, and no. put a TV remote behind your back and turn the TV on. Also, acknowledge laying over your cell phone yet it still receives its signal. Signals flow through the human body.

I couldn't answer if we are or not or kind of but not.

While statistically speaking we're more likely to be in a simulation than base reality I don't think we are in a simulation.

>What is the point of the simulation?
If there is knowledge to be gained then why not make a more simple simulation than creating an entire universe and all the living beings that go into it? Why make a cat, with fleas, with those fleas carrying parasites? Why make everything that intricate. If the creators of the simulation wanted to model something they would have made it more specific.

>Maybe the creators are great lovers of life?
If this were true then where is all the other life in the universe? Why do living beings on this planet suffer so much?

Of course it's true. It's how meme magic works.

KING ?

That's not the rundown, faggot. The reason is because the delayed choice quantum erasure experiment has essentially proven that oberving reality changes it, and that at this point in our research there is no basis for thinking that there is a material reality outside of what is observed. It's not that we're in a computer simulation, it's that the universe is being simulated inside Gods mind and consciousness is fundamental for reality.

Is this the birth of a new meme?

>there's one in billions chance we're in base reality

But one in one chance we're in based reality. This election result and the subsequent liberal butthurt has kept my spirits high

the real reality could have many more dimensions, our simulated reality runs only on 3 (4 if you count time).

It would be like us simulating something in 2d, or only numbers.

The reason could be anything, if you accept that this simulation isn't even that intricate or computational intensive from their perspective.
Could be just for entertainment, or 'art'

If such a simulation is possible it is almost infinitely more likely that we are in a simulation. If we are in a simulation it is of primary importance that we figure out what the goal of the simulation is so we know when it will end, what will end it, and how to avoid that happening. Also discovering any exploits or how to manipulate the simulation would be top priority.

Escaping the simulation, if possible, is a debatable goal. Base reality might not be a desirable place to exist. It is possible that the simulation was created to escape from the base reality. We should focus on extending our run time as long as possible, and optimizing our experiences in it.

I don't necessarily believe simulation theory but I don't disbelieve it either. I think it is very possible that we are existing in a simulation, but I am not smart enough to offer anything resembling proof or even a probability. What I do believe is that every piece of data each individual knows about their reality is filtered through their brain/processor so an individual's reality could only exist from their perspective, kind of like an FPS. It doesn't have any practical value, but it is quite interesting to think about, and to me makes it easier to accept that I don't understand the reality I live in and that science's answers may not actually accurately describe my/our environment. I'd never push this idea on anyone, but I enjoy considering it. I also enjoy thinking about the idea that The Matrix is a sensationalized version of this potential truth and that was exposed to us as fiction to make it seem like anyone who truly believes in simulation theory as a loon who believes in something that is obviously fictional. Again, no practical value and I could be bats but meh, reality at face value as I have experienced it has been kind of boring. Maybe I need to get out and experience more, but I'm pretty comfy.

premise 1 is unreasonable.

>If there is knowledge to be gained then why not make a more simple simulation than creating an entire universe and all the living beings that go into it?

Who says the simulators hand crafted everything? Could've just started with an initial set of parameters for input and let the sim evolve on its own. There could be many such sims running concurrently with slightly different parameters, maybe testing for the most favorable conditions for life or something else.

>for entertainment or art

I have considered this, and honestly there is no response other than Occam's razor. I'm going to go with the answer that is the simplest in this case which isn't all powerful beings making a complete universe for shits and giggles. Instead I'm going to go for big bang theory.

if we're living in a simulation where can i buy the DLC to be white and rich?

Sure whatever you say Cypher.

I have to come back to this point

>why make it so complicated

They could have ran incalculable number of simulations in parallel rather than creating an entire universe. The amount of resources it took them to simulate everything we have in this universe could have created an almost infinite number of solar systems and planets to test those theories. They could have made the simulation(s) far simpler.

You cant run crisis on a notebook Carlos

>god
lol

I am not smart enough to debate any of this and I'm guessing most of you aren't either

>They could have made the simulation(s) far simpler.

How do you know the simulation isn't extremely simple from their perspective?

Just watch this shit

youtube.com/watch?v=v2Xsp4FRgas

We definitely do live in a simulation but we cant change any of the rules, so we just have to make our own simulation and keep going deeper and deeper.

>discovering any exploits or how to manipulate the simulation

the simulation is written and spoken with mathematics, that is why math and physics is so important, to understand our world and its properties to be able to use them towards our advantage (boats, planes, space shuttles, etc).

There is so much in this world to be understood and discovered/explored in this world.. there really is no difference from driving on a road than there is driving amongst the stars, except that the knowledge to do so has not yet been discovered by us. the knowledge and blueprint to our universe is out there, its just up to us to continue to explore and consume enough data to process it all to become utilized.

maybe this is the simplest simulation possible for the answer they're looking for?
>only one timeline moving in one direction
>only one planet with life
>everything recycled, through entropy

positive frequency appease the immortal spirit of humanity and when we can harmonize in affinity the path will be revealed

>What is pols stand on simulation theory?
it's inconsequential and therefor irrelevant.

seriously, this kind of shit is great to think about while high on psychedelics, but ultimately it's just a completely pointless waste of time.

I made it like 40 seconds, I need something less aspie, preferably something with a budget and production values

Also in regards to why such complexity...

Maybe base reality is our own far future and we're an ancestor sim. If they could recreate the initial starting conditions of their/our universe down to the smallest atomic details, and assuming determinism is true, then all of history would become a known and sure thing.

>aryans have the intelligence and curiosity to explore the unknown
WE WUZ SCIENTISTZ

Ok, if this simulation is simple then the one you suggested is far more simple. This would allow them to make the simulation more quickly, change the parameters, and then run the simulations in parallel.

Then why do we need:

Other stars
Our galaxy
Other galaxies

Could have been done easier and quicker.

Again, why so complex?

God isn't the man in the guy pullin strings or Brahman, Yahweh, any of that. God is simply the ever present intelligence of this world. Always present, always there, never changing, just light/darkness waiting to be explored and fully understood. The infinite knowledge of the universe constantly creating and destroying.

Fun to throw around in your mind.

Nah, the world sucks too much to be a simulation. If we made a simulated reality, it would be awesome, not shit that it is.

It IS a simulation: some call reality an illusion.

The important question is: Why are we playing it?

I hate to sound like a broken record... but why such complexity?

Could have just simulated Earth, or our own solar system, or just our own galaxy. If they wanted to know the history of the universe then it would have been easier to break it up into sections that is easier to analyze.

Also, if they have the ability to simulate such intricate detail I doubt they need to go that far back into the creation of the universe.

Yes

>So complex.

Those things are only there because we looked for them and discovered them. If you were in a simulation game and just kept "W" pressed and went to the limits of the universe, it would simply continue to manifest new data for you to consume and interact with. The initial code (understood through math and physics) is already in place and never changing, it simply continues to develop matter that falls in line with this code as you continue to explore this physical plane.

>Other stars
>Our galaxy
>Other galaxies
Uh do you know anyone who has been to another star user?

No.

It's all a fucking skybox dude.

Russians made some respectable science gains after they stole german scientists after war.....

Now nothing......Can slavs into science by themselves?

Elon Musk has to say this shit because it's part of his schtick to get investments. He's basically the Neil Degrasse Tyson of entrepreneurship, playing to the SCIENCE! cargo cult for shekels.

If you can't have an intellectual convo then hide the thread dipshit

Disclaimer: I'm just playing along and forming my own thoughts on the matter as the conversation evolves.

>Could have just simulated Earth, or our own solar system, or just our own galaxy.

The existence and knowledge of other planets, and later galaxies, has had a huge effect on our history and development.

There are other possibilities too. Maybe we're not the focus of the sim, but just a bit player. They could testing for how likely sapient species are to evolve, or become spacefaring civilizations. You would need a decent size universe for that for sure.

There is no material reality

youtube.com/watch?v=4C5pq7W5yRM

Ok, so now the simulation has to be accurate enough every time there is a sentient being living and observing the existence around it. This further drives the point home of complexity.

>we can see it
>we can measure it
>we can see other planets in their orbits
>BUT DO THEY ACTUALLY EXIST LOL

Sorry, but this is getting further into religion territory than philosophical/science.

If the creators were just going to fake everything why not make our solar system the only one?

Let's ask a quick question.

Why does it matter?

Why does it matter if we are a sim or not?

Why does it matter if there is s God or not if it's one that doesn't interact with us.

In the here and now, on the verge of a major ideological conflict that will define the west, maybe even the world for the next century why does it matter?

If reality is an illusion I am no less an illusion, I love, I live, I slay, and I seek contentment in our consensual hallucination.

Field of consciousness

>Other stars
>Our galaxy
>Other galaxies
We can't be sure those are fully simulated. They could just be values fed back to us. Something like, "These are the values for the readings they would detect if there was a star in this location" Most of the universe could just be procedurally generated values created dynamically as we query for them.

Most Sim games and how people play them would disagree.

The simulation is pretty simple in its basic principles, senpai. Cats and fleas came from the simulation being out in to action.

>The existence and knowledge of other planets, and later galaxies, has had a huge effect on our history and development.

I would argue for stars and planets yes, but we didn't know other galaxies existed, or that we existed in one until not too long ago. Again, it would be far easier to create the rule of the universe as "it's only this one galaxy."

>There are other possibilities too. Maybe we're not the focus of the sim, but just a bit player. They could testing for how likely sapient species are to evolve, or become spacefaring civilizations. You would need a decent size universe for that for sure.

Again, if this was true it would be easier to make every star have at least one habitable planet. So far we're seeing that this isn't the case.

That's through your human lens who only quantified pi so it could communicate and calculate results, when actually pi exists as its natural ratio regardless of quantified variables being called to action like a video game sprite or something.

Yeah, it's possible, but there's no way we can know either way, so what's the point?

>why does it matter
It doesn't, but we still want to find out if it's possible to

>believing in a God being

If there is a God, he's probably a software engineer.

>no way we could know
That's your assumption.

You're asking axioms to which I reply; why not? We have the ability to pose the question and it's a good one, so let's discuss it. Wether God made us or a future generation or a third; the end result is still a simulation.

That's true, but again what's the point? To pique our interest? Why not put other habitable planets within our own solar system?

Then what's the point? If the creators wanted to learn about cats and fleas why not make a simulation just for that? Why the fuck huge universe and everything that goes with it? What do cats and fleas have to do with a galaxy billions of light years from our own?

Simulation theory is nothing but a Black Pill. A nihilism inducer very convenient for jewish/globalist narrative to make the people dumber/disinterested in society and civil values.

It has no merits whatsoever, based on quicksand,

>computers are designed to operate based on rules of natural logic and arithmetic

>we measure reality using the same principles

>DUDE WEED WHAT IF REALITY IS A COMPUTER

BRUH WUTS DE POINT BRUHHHH

JUST SMOKE DIS WEED BRUUHH IT DONT MATTERR DUUUUDEEEE

>That's your assumption.

It's currently a fact.

>life is a samulation unless you prove overwise
>god doesnt exist because you cant prove it
Is this how smart people code with the meaningless of life and fear of death? I honestly need to subscribe to something so i can accept my death

God is a civil engineer.

Who else would be so fucking retarded as to put the sewerage area and the playground in the same place?

This theory is bullshit and here's why. A computational matrix has to have some basis on reality; that is, each "thing" being simulated must be stored along with pertinent information by some body in reality. The fundamental bits that make up a simulated universe would require, at the very highest level of sophistication, at least one of whatever the fundamental bits of put universe is to mark it's existence ( as well as likely many others to store pertinent variables). Since we can only access our own galaxy in the foreseeable future due to special relativity, we will only be able to create a universe of complexity a fraction of ours EVEN IF WE REPRESENT ALL BODIES IN THE UNIVERSE IN THE MOST EFFICIENT WAY POSSIBLE. Practically, the simulstions we are capable of making will likely be far, far less complex. Thus, this idea some people have that we are almost certainly simply part of some great chain of simulations is false as each link in yhe chain would exponentially decrease the usable matter in the universe, probably past the point where sentient life could evolve far sooner than they would have you believe

This.

Elon Musk is a bonafide pseudo intellecutal. A Russian engineer spit on his face once when he went do Russia to buy ICBMs because he couldn't stand how much of an amateur he was. Look it up, Google it faggots

Option 3 seems to be unsubstantiated. What exactly about our general set of experiences makes it "almost certain" that we're living in a simulation? No further explanation is required.

As for options 1 and 2, I think the answer will become increasingly clear as our civilization approaches the level of technological advancement that would theoretically be required to produce a fully simulated reality. If as we approach this point it becomes clear that it is impossible to do so, and if tools such as strong AI still do not assist in creating such as simulation, option 1 is more likely. If we are able to create even one complex simulation of the universe, inhabited by fully conscious beings, it becomes more likely that we are are in fact living in a simulation ourselves, but not categorically so. There would still be a chance that we happened to be the first intelligent beings in the history of the universe to complete such a project.