Opinion on Scotland

English/Northern Irish Sup Forumsacks, what are your opinions on Scotland? With all the SNP/referendum talk, do you guys even want Scotland to stay in the UK? It seems like they A) want to leave, and B) are incredibly far left anyways

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Parliament_election,_2016
thescottishsun.co.uk/news/905890/snp-lose-11-seats-general-election/
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/23/polls-show-scottish-tories-win-12-seats-blow-nicola-sturgeon/
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/24/analysis-conservatives-can-take-nine-seats-snp-2017-general/
youtube.com/watch?v=jk5P18_3v44
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Gaelic
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes I want Scotland to stay a part of the UK. We are the oldest uninterrupted democracy in the world and have a common heritage that goes back hundreds of years.

Also, don't believe the SNP lies. They don't want Scotland to be independent. They will either have the Pound, or the Euro, meaning they have no control over their currency and thus, their economy. They want to be in the EU, so they won't have control over some of their laws. They want a token independence like Ireland has.

I would respect the SNP if their position had any logical consistency, but it doesn't, they just hate the English.

Thanks brah, we'll always be together
I dont know why anyone thinks Scotland should go independent, we'd probably end up in just as much shit as Greece

I hope they sink into the Atlantic for all of the shit they give to England, just for the sake of impeding progress and some bullshit fucking idea of "independence", then wants to rejoin the EU straight after.

Scotland can be great, under England's leadership they have a huge amount of great inventions.

Sadly they think they are better than that and can go it alone. The last time they were left to their own devices they bankrupted themselves and have to come begging for a Union.

I have no ill will towards them but if they don't want us then fuck them, build a wall and throw our rubbish over it for them to pick through in between heroin injections

I'd like to see Edinburgh before I die bros. I know and perhaps an odd request, and it's a lot to ask, perhaps especially coming from a burger. But please don't ruin it before I get a chance to see it. No matter this bullshit if you stay or go. That's none of my fucking business anyway. I just want to see it lads.

The thing I don't understand about the SNP is that they always say "the English think we can't be an independent country". They don't even want to be independent themselves. If you don't control your interest rates and don't make some of your own laws, you aren't an independent country.

I wish people in the rest of the UK would appreciate that Sturgeon and with her unrealistic policies and virtue signalling don't represent everyone in Scotland. The SNP are just very loud and they're very good at pivoting from their flaws and shortcomings to aspirations of independence. Nevertheless, they're going to take a hit in this next general election.

Do you hate the English?

I thought every American had already been to Edinburgh.

Inverness is more beautiful, especially in the snow. Edinburgh has become typical boring English city 2bh. That's just my humble opinion though.

y

>tfw I remember in school our teachers saying the English are the reason Scotland is shit
>Would show us Braveheart regularly

Fucking indoctrinating cunts

I wish people would forgive us for our cuck phase. It's ending soon as evidenced by the fact that the Conservative Party is becoming very popular in Scotland.
Of course not. That's ridiculous. The only 'Scots' that hate English people have Irish ancestry and are Marxist twats who support Celtic or some shit.

I like the Scottish, I hope they tell the SNP to fuck off and actually make a genuine nationalist party rather than just commies in disguise. I want them to stay in the Union, which seems to be the favoured option among those who know Scotland's actual history rather than just getting teary eyed over Braveheart.

Scots the people are ok, good blokes and fairly smart. If they have a fault it's a willingness to believe a good story over facts. They are inclined to be romantics. That's where the SNP pull the wool over their eyes.

It is lovely. Everywhere has heroin addicts, not just Scotland. We just have that impression thanks to Trainspotting and not from anyone who has ever been. Edinburgh always has more tourists in the streets than locals. It's extremely popular, and for good reason.
t.Edinburghfag
My fathers family are English, from Manchester and Doncaster, I love English people. Best neighbours anyone could wish for.

I've been all over the world. Afghanistan, Iraq, Argentina, most of Africa, South East Asia. I have never met people as spiteful, hateful and disgusting as the Scottish.

They have a universal and pathological hatred and obsession with England. It dominates everything.

>local council election coming up
>SNP bollocks through the post about it
>threw it in the bin

Gonna do my duty and vote in the Pro-UK conservative

went to edinburgh some years ago, some nice buildings and shit, but alot of trashy folks. saw a lot of people my age sleeping on blankets in the park, huffing lightergas etc. took the train to london after a couple of days. edinburgh > london

We will.

Look at the results of the SNP of the Scottish Parliament Election of 2016 here: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Parliament_election,_2016

And also look at hese article predictions here:

1. thescottishsun.co.uk/news/905890/snp-lose-11-seats-general-election/
2. telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/23/polls-show-scottish-tories-win-12-seats-blow-nicola-sturgeon/
3. telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/24/analysis-conservatives-can-take-nine-seats-snp-2017-general/

You should have gone to York my white friend

When times would get hard here in the states and people would talk about the old country and would have a sort of ethnic bond. That bond is different for every group, and it's mostly a meme now. Scottish immigrants traditionally would either move to big cities and fall in with the WASPs, become doctors, lawyers, etc... Many others lived in rural areas and some tried to pass on certain traditions or at least oral stories for a while. No meme holidays to keep us together or celebrations. But I saw a picture of it once when I was a boy for a family thing, and researched the old stories of my family. A trip to that city is something I've wanted to do since then.

I hope this doesn't sound as weird as I think it does, after typing it. I've just always wanted to see it.

Where are you from, mate? Inverclyde here so it's the worst of the worst in terms of SNP dominance. I blame the Paddies.

All of Europe is one big shit heap of chain stores these days

Get run over by a truck of peace in Sweden and you die in front of a River Island

Get shot while working as a policeman by a tanned frog and you die in front of a Marks & Spencer

Don't just vote conservative, vote for whoever has the best chance of knocking the SNP/ Greens out in your constituency (unless you particularly like the conservatives, then help yourself mate)

Scots are WASPs. If you were American and Scottish you were a border family, same as Northern English. Land owning, raiding, zealot Protestant families tasked with running plantations.

Did you only meet poor working class type folks or (((uni))) students during your time here?

Who?

The SNP have done a lot of damage to relations between England and Scotland.

That shit is going to take time to fix but you can start by getting rid of that ugly bulldyke Sturgeon.

But you're alright, I have family in Inverness.

Unfortunately, she's in the Scottish parliament, so we've got to fucking deal with her until probably 2021.

There's nothing wrong with the Conservatives. They're the only ones who have their shit in order.

>Vote SNP = Indy cuck
>Vote Labour = Average cuck
>Vote Green = Uber cuck
>Vote Lib Dem = shetlandcuck.jpg
>Vote UKIP = Good luck with that, lol
>Vote Conservative = Make Scotland Great Again

>The SNP have done a lot of damage to relations between England and Scotland.
This. It's even way understated how much damage she's done.

Scotland should leave. It would be the ultimate fuck you since the Anglos would then abandon the North and they would starve since their economy is so shit. Afterwards we can move in and feed the Catholics up there while Protestants die around us.

That's true. My surname is 'Waddell' and comes from the Eastern Scottish Borders (where Anglos settled) but it's origins are Old English/Old Nordic.

There's not much of a difference between a Lowland Scot and Northern Englishman genetically.

What? You think England would die of starvation before Scotland?

How many fucking layers of drunken delusion are you on you subhuman white-nigger?

Yea, the states (perhaps especially the white parts) have much the same problem now. It really picked up when I was just coming of age. A trip to your city is something I've had on my heart for a while now, even if it's mostly a tourist locale, and even if its a bit strange.

There aren't that many plantations where I grew up. Small cattle ranches and farms mostly. No clan structure or anything so meme tier. Not bigly zealous either, but some traditions and habits carried over. Alcoholism, for instance.

>Implying Irish migrants aren't the reason Scotland is a shithole in the first place

Look at your fucking diaspora and tell me it isn't, Fenian cunt.

>Replying to English-hating-Irish

Are you new?

Just wanted to insult him kek

one union together forever

Gib Gibraltar.

Pls stop, we're turning into a tourism economy. The yanks are ok but I can't walk through town without chinks taking photos of me and impeding my travels. They stop and take their fucking photos in the middle of roads for fuck sake

Couldn't care less whether you left or not. If you leave though, hopefully we can balkanize the rest of the country.

Useful idiots that for some reason can't help but vote for cuck parties in enormous percentages even though they go against everything the average Scot actually believes.

Tories are up to 33% polling in Scotland, SNP are slowly losing support, labour are wiped out.

SNP days are numbered

kek

gas them, northern brother

What are the SNP polling? considering they got 50% last election.

>labour wiped out

The funny thing is that most of the Labour voters migrated over to the SNP and that still won't save them.

I will.

They wear kilts because sheep run when they hear zippers going down.

>When you get your jokes from jokes4us.com

lmao I've never heard that one

>What? You think England would die of starvation before Scotland?
I was talking about Northern Ireland. Their economy is a blackhole and with the economic blow of losing Scottish oil it would be retarded to keep it around.

nice digits
but its not funny m8

Reclaim scotland.

>Look at your fucking diaspora and tell me it isn't, Fenian cunt.
Its just our way of getting revenge. Nothing personal bro.

so lads who should i be voting for in the elections to get the SNP out? Since labours spent my hearts on tory or lib dem anyone but SNP really however my seats been traditionally labour till last election the SNP won. is worth voting labour for my local seat if they have the biggest chance of beating the SNP?

Tory.

Scottish Tories are pretty liberal anyway and the Lib Dems will just waver to any demands of SNP rioters.

>Against people who did nothing against you

Okay then.

>It seems like they A) want to leave

No, we don't. Do your homework yank.

We need to be united, we are one people both facing a serious packy problem

Mabye you can trade those people, for those unfortunate Unionists in Northern Ireland? Or perhaps return Western Scotalnd to Ireland as well?

>is worth voting labour for my local seat if they have the biggest chance of beating the SNP

Yes, absolutely. Literally just vote for whoever has the best chance of getting the SNP out.

That Irish guys victim-hood complex is probably going into overdrive to formulate a response to this.

>Implying they should be in Western Scotland or Northern Ireland

Oh fuck, that is tragic. It was more your delivery that I kek'd from tho man, I wasn't trying to laugh at your expense. And I didn't know you meant it quite literally either. Holy shit. MacSafari.

Still, if you want to be optimistic, it's surely better to deal with the slants in Edinburgh than the slants in Paris. They have a legit existential crisis when they discover how ruined it is: youtube.com/watch?v=jk5P18_3v44

Implying nothing, stating:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Gaelic
Spain welcomes Britain's dismemberment.

Of course you do, Internal strife is the only way for Spain to ever gain a victory over Britain.

Just Edinburger

FUCK ME, that video is depressing.
However, I reacted the same way, Paris was seriously disappointing.

Edinburgh good though. At least the people are great. Paris is both filthy, and full of horribles.

Except, you fucking moron, that the Gaels barely scraped Western Scotland and are distinct from Irish Gaels.

Indeed.

>incredibly far left anyways
hyperbole

>you fucking moron
No need for that now, my Hun friend.
>that the Gaels barely scraped Western Scotland and are distinct from Irish Gaels.
I think highlanders should be gassed, and Western Scotland returned to Ireland, unironically.

All because the little beaner has a hateboner for a country better than his.

I support this

>I think highlanders should be gassed, and Western Scotland returned to Ireland, unironically.
Sup Forums never ceases to amaze me. The LARPing is out of this world.

>All because the little beaner has a hateboner for a country better than his.

Britain has rightly belonged to Spain since Mary 1st married King Phillip. You've be a rouge province ever since.

How about you deal with your own territorial disputes first? I've heard you've got plenty of those down there?

Ya gonna give Catalonia their referendum or what?

>XD le trivial historigal fagt means im smart

>▶their referendum or what?
Are you joking? Why would we do something so plebbed as that?
Children get independence by taking it. If someone gives you independence, they can take it away again.
They are all talk. We'll give them some gibs, and it will all calm down.

It always baffles me that any conversation about the British Isles always descends into "muh ethnicity" without fail.

The ethnic differences between the home nations post industrial revolution is practically non-existent and completely irrelevant.

Please tell me anything of merit that the Irish have achieved over even, say, Wales?

It's really one of the saddest things I've ever seen in a geopolitical sense. When people think of Paris, they think of romance and the height of European urban vigor and this high culture, with maybe some chlamydia here and there. But now, it's just the fucking chlamydia and and trash and Africans with some old buildings. Many such cases!

In the States you can ask people where Gaelic is spoken, and 9/10 people will say:

>San Francisco???

Return to the true faith, pleb.
You football brings you nothing, and is b-tier at best. Literally, all washed up Spanish managers and players go there to retire.

And France rightfully belongs to the English Monarch, but you don't hear us banging on about it.

No.

As an Irish and partially english person I endorse this statement.

Scotland doesn't want to leave. A vocal minority in the SNP (who are crashing and burning without the nuclear codes) does.
If they hold another referendum they will fail even harder than the last time.
The SNP is a dead letter outside of Glasgow and Dundee. Scot Tories are going to sweep them in the locals and after that it'll be parliament.

Well it seems like the Irish will never be able to accomplish such a task as taking Western Scotland. In fact, there's a much higher chance of Ireland being put in their rightful place again.

You've become soft and lazy. All you think about is your mortgage payments and your meme-tier ISA savings. Thatcher murdered your society, and was the seed who broke your Union by gutting Scottish, Northern Ireland and Welsh jobs,

It really is so frustrating. My dad and his family are all from Aberdeen, the local government there has absolutely gone to pits because the SNP is incompetent beyond belief. There's no hatred between us, especially where I live at the border. It's a very unpleasant forced meme.

>Spic
>Talks about growing Soft

We have Gibraltar, and you will never have the power to take it back.

>they A) want to leave
No we don’t, maggot (pic related).

Come on, I wasn't going to let bait like that escape. The chap was blaming the "Irish" Scottish for all their woes. I was just pointing out they are hardly all "Irish".

Then I suggested Greek-Turkish style population exchanges, given that most Northern Irish "Unionists" are "ethnically" Scottish.

It's sad though, because I've yet to read a clear explanation why Scotland went from True Blue Unionist, to SNP, other than the fact of the deindustrialization of Britain.

>You've become soft and lazy

This is true, but pretty hypocritical coming from a Spaniard.

Ah come on, surely you know a bit of history? In the early christian to medieval era we created some of the greatest scholarly works, calligraphy and metalwork in Europe. After a few hundred years of dark ages under English rule we started producing famous writers/poets/artists etc and then into the 20th century our music and bands became world renowned.

I know we're small and obviously have far less achievements than the major nations of Europe. we do punch above our weight, comparing us to Wales is just... wrong.

>We have Gibraltar, and you will never have the power to take it back.
Sure we will. The UK is going to collapse, and the South English are to focused on lowering expenses so they can spend it on their buy-to-let mortgages. They'll cut Gibraltar off, and we'll be invited in.