m.youtube.com/watch?v=qMFqh1qfGvU
youtu.be/tjKHQeRSvjk
youtube.com/watch?v=VAayt5BsEWg
youtu.be/TfuT3vGETbc
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL36gVGfde2s467UlaeVcx_I22mrVY70Of
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not really

Somewhat but this is the wrong board to ask about it

Yeah, I can fuck with Kenny and Kanye. Some old school shit was okay.

Sure

youtube.com/watch?v=cXTpHNMdOZU

Nah i prefer e-books and poems instead

Only super old school hip hop. Nothing more.

It's bullshit. All modern mainstream music is bullshit. The talent is hindered for the show anymore. Less emphasis on the music, more on some moronic dance or something stupid like that.

I was with some friends and ended up tagging along with some nigger to Steak N Shake, and the entire time they were "rocking out" so to speak to nothing but bass.. There was hardly any treble. There were no mids. Just bass. Nothing more. How the fuck do people enjoy that shit?

Yes, sometimes.

I don't follow hip-hop and I haven't followed rap in many many years.

However I still listen to old school classic shit.

No

Old Bay area stuff is good
youtube.com/watch?v=fXJc2NYwHjw

Hiphop is fucking cancer.
It's shit music for dumb people .

Tupac rapped about niggin getting you put in da urf.

It has the potential to help black people but They just push simple garbage because it's easier to produce.

No. It's shit. I will listen to how the drums are programmed if some happens to be playing in my vicinity but I have no time for all that "hey, nigger, wassup nigger" stuff. Niggers are scumbag thieves by nature, and even the beats themselves are stolen.

He wuz KANGZ n shieet!!!

Not the wrong board. He's asking if us racists like it

90's hip hop was good. The mixture of old time jazz that was lost over time.

This stuff today is pure shit.

You clearly know dick about making music, you talk about music like a stereo would.

And I guarantee there were mids because "bass" stops around 400-500 Hz and electronica/hip hop usually has basses with significant freqs as high as 5kHz.

Probably was some simple minded shit but you need a hand down off your high horse, because you clearly don't know what "mids" are

Rock N Roll and Trance Music FTW.

I consider myself an astute hiphophead. I've got war and peace inside my DNA.

> no one is posting moonman
I'm disappointed in you pol

west:
living legends
freestyle fellowship
east:
gang starr
dj premier in general
rawkus

There was nothing but "BUMMM BUMMM". The EQ had mid all the way down, and the treble was half way up.

Bass boost was on, bass was all the way up. I'm talking about dude's stereo, not the mix of the song itself.

I like eminem and korean hiphop

WE

youtube.com/watch?v=fPNXoo-UoiA&t

Trip Hop > Hip Hop
youtube.com/watch?v=3q8nGnls1Ow&t

>treble was flat
>no treble

Couldn't even save it, sad.

nice

Only white rappers

this!
youtube.com/watch?v=LTCCGHucS7s

ALL MY FRIENDS ARE DEAD

May the clones be set free.

I absolutely do, because although ironically a lot of the content is super retarded, some artists convey emotions in their shit.

Kendrick -> the struggle of being black and being inferior.

Future -> struggles with addiction, love and self control.

and a lot more desu. If anyone is interested I can discuss this at length.

My money's on the Moor

youtube.com/watch?v=a3v7tgt8dn4

Not overall, some odd stuff I enjoy.

youtube.com/watch?v=ophS8lEwUPs
youtube.com/watch?v=CD-ImBZN5SI
youtube.com/watch?v=KT59sFCmVcs

Graduate to p funk already

youtu.be/3Mq9uSGTYKI

>Hip-hop
Sounds like some homoqueer '90s shit, no thanks

yes

Black people are really fucking good at making music overall (see jazz, funk, soul, rnb, blues, early rocknroll, hip hop).
If you haven't heard Madvillainy you're doing yourself a major disservice honestly. Also pic related even though that isn't made by black people

I like oldschool stuff like Rakim, The Fat Boys, etc. and some Wu-Tang.

Yes, just like Leonardo Di Caprio's character in Django was enjoyed seeing his slaves fight for his amusement, or people go to the zoo to see monkeys doing dumb shit.

I do like their music but their production is kinda dated imo, probably why I never really got into it as much

youtube.com/watch?v=jFzaZ6bWZbo
always relish in the chance to share this, it's unbelievably good

>Hate 99% of it.
>Hate the culture around it.
>Hate that its a mainstream genre.
>Occasionally like it if it is funny or ironic.
>Wouldn't really care if it was still mostly an underground genre like in the early 80s.

Its also very homosex when some fag tries to counter signal hip hop but then immediately turns around and does a naxalt about some degenerate rapper that is just as big of a nigger as the rest of them.

"Yeah man rap sucks except kanye and biggie that's my jam cuz I like big nigger dicks in my butt"

youtube.com/watch?v=PW6Wvg_fxAQ
>not listening to $uicide boys

Have some PCP-funk, Sven.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tECDgsQY1Z0

i wouldnt consider myself racist. more "culturist")
i love the great, hate the shit. nas is actually my favorite (the message" being my favorite song of his). I love it for the same reason i love a lot of the old out law country and some metal. it tells a compelling story.
Del, Nas, Biggie, Pac, Outkast they all take me some place with them and its a really great medium.

>wuz

no--- nas is still the king of new york.

>because "bass" stops around 400-500 Hz
>electronica/hip hop usually has basses with significant freqs as high as 5kHz.
>but what you were referring to is considered to be base when talking about that genre specifically
>therefore you know nothing about it
This logic thu

Only

Grandmaster Flash and The Furious Five
MC Hammer
Sir Mix-a-Lot
Coolio

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qMFqh1qfGvU

It's up and down, but complaining about production is petty imo, unless you're a fastidious sound engineer type I lay odds you're mostly unaware of what's going on in a mix.

This is what i expected desu

>Kanye

dropout was one of the best albums of the 2000's. its a shame be bought his own hype. he could have been a legend.

>could've
what did he mean by this?

This guy gets it

Sampling is not theft

stop stop stop... when the fuck did MC ride for Stereo?

It's near universal but synth basses get more favor when it comes to high freqs than electric/acoustic basses. That was clearly what he was talking about, so I used the example, but you're a drooling retard if you think you should drop off all the mids from a bass part, or that they don't have mids altogether.

Damn, maximum edge

Yeah Nigger ain't bet at talking in mad flows

Sup Forums is too close-minded to accept where the kangz meme came from. Some rappers were literally cloned from mummified tissue found in Egypt.

See not at all, I don't know squat about mixing and engineering, but certain things sound good to the ear and certain things don't, depending on what you listened to mostly as an adolescent.

I totally get what you're saying though.

No.

Rap and hip hop is degenerate and only low IQ scum listen to it

t. basic bitch rock listener
>rap and hip hop
as opposed to rock and singing?

Naxalt bull shit.

It was shit then and is shit now.

>rap
>good album

pick one, you fucking degenerate

this

At the end of the day knowing what you like is immensely more important than knowing why you like it, but I tend to temper my expectations based on when sometjing came out. There's a lot you can miss out on if you're a production snob, and honestly there's some cool stuff on a lot of 70s records since they were so batty for modular synths

Yes

youtu.be/tjKHQeRSvjk

I fucking hate classic rock

his newer music (pretty much anything after late graduation) while cutting edge will not stand the test of time and casts a shadow on his past work as a lyricist. in 20 years people will still be really (and i mean really) listening to We Dont Care and All Falls Down, Power will still be around. but instead of people saying "oh thats kanye" they will be saying "wow is this really kanye?"
i miss the old kanye.

I like Danny brown

It does not matter whether or not royalties are paid. Sampling 16 bars of a Police song and adding the same "Boom-crack-boom-boom-crack" beat as you use in every track (with a slightly different drumkit) is not only plagiaristic, it is lazy and retarded. Blacks in the 1960's, 70's and 80's made great tracks with what amounted to small orchestras - now niggers just cut'n'paste those tracks and pat themselves on the back for having the "genius" to do so.

youtube.com/watch?v=VAayt5BsEWg

Incan hip hop it's better hip hop.

Yes: youtu.be/TfuT3vGETbc

47, been into Hip-hop since Afrika Bambaataa in 1982. Believe in racial homelands, the liquidation of the ruling class and absolutely despise the kike but if you think I can forget the kindness I've received throughout from blacks - especially the women strangely enough, Indians and Pakis - who are as much Talmudic pawns as we are then you're probably one of those basement dweller "Nazi" shut-ins. And I'm Irish, only the Mediterraneans and Celts make whites look good.

pic related, bootiful Anglo girl

Coon tunes and nigger noise is cancer

>rap
>music

Jesus Christ are you a certified shuckin and jivin nigger or what?

That was back in the days when they just wore whatever. He was probably already doing the Girl skateboards when that pic came out.

Why would you ever listen to irrelevant and untalanted niggers like the ones you listed?

SICKER THAN YOUR AVERAGE NIGGER KILLER

What's the difference between sampling and interpolation?

Do you think reharming is tacky/lazy?

t. hasn't listened to Aquemini, Madvillainy, cLOUDDEAD, Shabazz Palaces, Public Enemy
also nice bait but it's obvious after like 2 posts

dude there are some really fucking well composed hip hop albums

you can put on All Eyez on Me, or Atliens or pretty much slick rick ablum and play out track by track and the album will flow from good song to good same with no need to skip around the same way any great album would

Listen to the album "Night Ripper" by Girl Talk and tell me again that sampling is theft.

t. metal loving spastics

MF Doom is my nigger

Some of it.

>aquemini

You know that SpottieOttieDopalicious is an interpolation of Genesis - Moonlit Knight's main figure?

Depends on who it is. I'm not going to hate or love a medium just because. I like Rakim and Eric B, Kool G Rap and Nas, definitely because they are smart talented guys and they're not preachy.

KRS One can get fucked though.

Samplers are best used for instruments and sounds, not entire sections of other people's music.

R8 my playlist Sup Forums
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL36gVGfde2s467UlaeVcx_I22mrVY70Of

I agree but can you please speak to the questions asked?

>Death Grips
>Beastie Boys
>Nas
>Wu Tang
>Kendrick
>MF Doom

Lots of good stuff even if most of it is drivel. But most art is drivel, its up to the individual to find the nuggets of goodness within the scrap heap. Tons of these artists are bluepilled in their message but their artistic process is admirable.

those wheels are pretty fucking small so you are probably right. i could see him into stereos style they are both kind of bland when it comes to logo decks yet somehow present a cool aesthetic.