Would this film have been allowed to be made today

I have not seen this, but it seemed to cause a HURRICANE of political and religious proportions.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=591n8GKvyaY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_of_Giscala
youtube.com/watch?v=3F0Xx-oQKsU
philly.com/philly/columnists/jenice_armstrong/Mel-Gibsons-support-of-Holoc.html
youtube.com/watch?v=a65DHhobPw0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_the_Apostle
youtube.com/watch?v=UZo0DXPKIbg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>i have not seen this
go fix that

Fucking Hell.

I just saw some previews.

I NEED TO WATCH IT.

It has me so emotional, the film looks absolutely brutal.

I think if I do watch it, I sob and weep.

the thing about mel is that he didnt need anyones permission, he paid for it himself. theres a note for you aspiring filmmakers here on Sup Forums just direct/write/star in a few pozzed flicks and you too can make redpilled kino

theres a lot of torture

This is an awesome movie for anyone who wanted to see Jesus being brutally tortured & murdered.
Can't wait for how ridiculously insane & unintelligible the sequel will be.

not very good, life of brian was better

isn't it just jesus getting whipped over and over again?

Well, that's just the thing.

Jesus WAS put through an INCREDIBLE amount of pain and suffering.

Most audiences I heard sobbed and shed tears and sparred the applause due to this fact.

That's about half of the movie
The other half consists on jesus walking full miles to get nailed hard

>there's actually a sequel coming out
neat, first i'd heard of it

Yeah.

It's supposed to focus on the interval between his Resurrection.

It is going to show the concept of Hell apparently.

And feature Satan.

This is why I enjoyed it so much.
God finally having to experience a taste of the things he invented. Without any of the fear or hopelessness inherent in being unsure what would happen after death.
No sympathy from me.

From what I remember reading it's supposed to take place between the crucifixion & resurrection, so it will completely be balls out insane.

Yeah, it's a shitty movie to be honest. I mean I loved the production values and everything, and it was really cool that they did so much in Latin, Koine, and Aramaic. But it was just so much longer than it needed to be. Jesus' entire life story doesn't even need to take 2 hours in a feature length film, but the Passion focuses solely on his death and the events leading up to it. Which is like enough to maybe squeeze out a 1hr 20min movie or something. Not like two and a half hours or however long it was. So the result is that an incredibly huge portion of it is just them beating the shit out of Christ

It's kind of insulting, to be honest, and it's just another example of how psychotic Catholics are. I'm pretty sure Christ wants you to focus on his life and the messages he gave during it, not his brutal torture and execution.

>Most audiences I heard sobbed and shed tears and sparred the applause due to this fact.
I distinctly remember my mother giving me a handful of tissues as we sat down to see it in the cinema. I also remember my mother sobbing a bit.

I, being the non-religious autist that I am, wondered what all the fuss was about. I do recall a good number of other people crying at the time.

This is what I am conflicted about.

Can anyone explain how the death of Jesus reconciles human beings to God?

I remember there being reports of people storming out of the theatre in anger during the torture scenes

I mean if you want to see it, see it. Like I said it's not like it's hilariously bad. It's basically just a boring snuff film though. It's like if Michael Bay directed a grimdark action film.

Jesus have his life, his perfect life, so that we, imperfect humans would have the chance to live forever on a Paradise Earth.

What God intended for Adam and Eve, but they sinned and so they became imperfect.

I think people stormed out because it focused 99% on the brutality.

If Mel has shown more of the teaching and such, they may have enjoyed it more.

If you want Catholic-kino watch The Young Pope

m.youtube.com/watch?v=591n8GKvyaY

Swedish logic.
>It's okay that they kill me, Dad, they're good boys really, they dindu nuffin

Well i think that's what the sequel is for, the entire resurrection etc

I damn well hope so.

That sequel sounds lame; I have a better idea: instead of focusing on the crucifixion and resurrection, the movie should focus on the Roman Empire putting down the rebellion in Judea. Instead of Jesus getting whipped and smacked around, we see two hours of John of Giscala getting the utter shit kicked out of him while Romans laugh and hiss at him.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_of_Giscala

Bloodied and bruised beyond recognition, he is tossed into a dark, rodent filled dungeon at the end of the movie.

>Fade out scene
>Fade in video rated except it's Jesus laughing and rubbing his hands not the Merchant
youtube.com/watch?v=3F0Xx-oQKsU

>Fade out
>Credits roll
>Directed by Mel Gibson

this movie was my redpill. my dad brought me to see it when I was 10 years old and while I wasn't religious and didn't understand most of it, I left the theater with a strong hatred of jews and r*mans

Except he was sent to Earth with the sole purpose of dying. God and Christ are the same entity. It's so hilarious when fedoras act like they understand theology.

That doesn't answer the question of HOW the death of Jesus reconciles human beings to God. The Bible doesn't answer this either.

>God and Christ are the same entity
Yeah, no shit.
>What is facetiousness
>It's so hilarious when fedoras act like they understand theology.
It's pretty damn funny when anyone acts like they do.

Because Jesus life, his perfect life was equal to every imperfect human life.

The thing about it is, if they had done that it would have been passed off as "just another christian movie". By making it as brutal, and as accurate to the time period and description as possible, what they did was make something that introduced a shock factor and forced you to think about what he went through willingly for us. The story of the crucifixion is diluted to be politically correct and tame as possible for todays enviroment, (easier for normies to relate to that way) when really it was fucking brutal as hell.

Yes it does. Christ came to Earth and made a new Covenant with humanity, one that extended to gentiles as well as Jews. That's what the consuming of his Body and Blood is, it's the symbol of His covenant with us.

That's "how" He erased our sins. Anyone who believes in Him and partakes in the covenant can be saved. Well, depending on who you ask.

YES!

It states that Jesus' face was beaten beyond recognition.

We cannot comprehend what he went through!

>I'm pretty sure Christ wants you to focus on his life and the messages he gave during it, not his brutal torture and execution.

I know what you're saying but his life and teachings mean nothing without the crucifixion and resurrection. It's the defining moment of his divinity

there are a lot of different theories if you want to get into the real nitty gritty of the question:
www.theopedia.com/atonement-of-christ

i haven't really landed on one specific school of thought yet though.

the way i understood it as a kid was something like "God and man were in a contract (old covenant) with one another, and the only way out of it was for one of the parties to die"
sort of like how jon snow in game of thrones is able to leave the night's watch after he dies and the red lady brings him back to life, without violating his vow
someone better versed in theology than me would probably tell you this is retarded though

Strange, US JW's do not partake in the emblems unless we are anointed.

Brutal movie with a purpose. Christians today tend to take the sacrifice for granted. When you see the visuals, it will make you tear up if you have Christ in you. Praise the Lord Jesus

It's a bit hammy and overacted.
The problem is it was intended to not have subtitles and tell the story visually while they spoke dead languages.
But then they added subtitles and some parts are just way overdone.

Amen.

Good fucking movie.

And based Mel paid for it himself, and released it in churches exclusively in the first week, so the jew media couldn't ravage the film with bad reviews right away.

It's a good film and the kikes were pissed as it portrayed them what they truly are, the synagouge of satan. Jews even tried to shake Mel down after it.

Current Mel is doing a "private charity to muh shoah victims" to try to get work again.

philly.com/philly/columnists/jenice_armstrong/Mel-Gibsons-support-of-Holoc.html

Hes making a continuation, sequel if you will. Idk how to feel about this, maybe he sold out to be allowed into back into Hollywood especially after all these kikes kept talking about the "standing ovation for hacksaw ridge" idk guys keep an eye out for kikery
youtube.com/watch?v=a65DHhobPw0

The covenant theory simply says that God's sense of justice demanded a payment for the sins of humanity and that Jesus paid that infinite debt by substituting himself in our place on the cross. Because of the payment Jesus made for our debt, we are now forgiven for our sins.

The problem with that is how are we to understand sin and guilt literally being transferred from a guilty person to an innocent person? What sort of justice is it that punishes an innocent person for what another person did?Along these same lines if God must always get what is coming to him in order to forgive, does God ever forgive?

Also how can one claim that the Son had to die on the cross in order to appease God's anger when he himself was one of the persons in the Trinity?

So the covenant theory doesn't hold up.

Anyone else have any plausible answers?

I think most people knew what they were in for. It wasnt a secret before release that the movie was about how Jesus was brutalized and the message was seeing what he went through for you.

>The problem with that is how are we to understand sin and guilt literally being transferred from a guilty person to an innocent person? What sort of justice is it
it's not justice, it's mercy, love
>Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. (John 15:13)
justice would be all of us burning in hell

I thought the way Satan was depicted in 'Passion Of The Christ' was one of the most unnerving interpretations to date. And the utter rage they show him displaying when he realizes he'd been defeated was icing on the cake.

Calling it jl mercy or love still doesn't answer the question though.

Passion 2: Jesus is back and he's pissed

Nah, grow up, and this is the typical jew comment.

The movie is hard, because is supposed to reenact every single sin of the humanity, put onto the Jesus body.

The movie is not based only in the Gospel but in a book that narrates one of Anne Catherine Emmerich visions.

That's why the movie "gore" is not a superfluous issue. Even Gibson wanted to be involved in all that suffering.

Spoiler alert.

Why? He won.

>Why? He won.
Because he knows he is going to come back and slay all the degenerates.

Who's Thomas?

No, you have to have atleast one asian, 1~2 blacks, a gay/lesbian and two asexual whites in the roster.

>tfw I cried when I watched "My last day"
I don't think I can handle the Passion...

The passion is INCREDIBLY brutal.

Of the 126 minutes the film has, 100 of them is his torture.

The apostle: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_the_Apostle

You can watch it and focus in the torture. But there are a ton of things in the movie and with a ton I mean a fuck ton.
There is an antagonism in the slashing scene. One side is Mary, the face of the Aceptance, against her, crossing the circle with Jesus in the centre, is the Devil with the Antichrist in his arms, the Rejection.
The voice that hears Judah. The dead donkey (Jesus entered Jerusalem in the donkey), the flies (Belzebul means Lord of the Flies)...

Seriously, the movie is full, you need the language to decode it.

I watched that scene in youtube, it was very beautiful.

I'm always looking forward how biblical movies portrait the devil, The other day I watched this movie about Jesus childhood and the devil kept whispering people on their ear to start trouble, what a dick.

youtube.com/watch?v=UZo0DXPKIbg

This is it.
In the Garden, the snake, the original temptation. "Eat and become godlike. What are you? A man, you can't do this".

The devil is an accuser an paints the lie with beautiful colours.
The temptation is not "you can be a god" the temptation is "you are weak".

Now I want to watch the movie again...

probly not tbqh

Yes, jesus would just be a transgender person.

Jesus was the entirety of the spirit of God born into the flesh. He was both all God and all man.

His death is a sacrifice, like a burnt offering as described in the old testament.

Him dying for us was enough to remove sin from the human soul, bringing it back to God. All that is required is faith.

If it was made today, Jesus would be a transgender black woman and the jews would be white men. also the 12 apostles would be jesus gay lovers.