ITT 'settled science'

ITT 'settled science'

>flat earth, acid rain, peak oil, the hole in the ozone layer, the food pyramid, global warming, vitamin c, cardio and now out-of-africa.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Zgk8UdV7GQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=HF-nkzBUakM
youtube.com/watch?v=k0qHYzC-ypc
youtube.com/watch?v=ztninkgZ0ws
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

eggs are bad for you

flying machines are physically impossible

legit - the top and bottom of the food pyramid are the same thing.
>check it out!

You forgot gender is not biological

Why did Leftists elevate this TV entertainer into some all-knowing science sage whose word must be taken super seriously?

You have a warped sense of what the world is like to normal people.

it isn't. it is psychological. sex is biological.

all things are made of some combination of:

earth
fire
air
water

>hormones have no effect on behaviour

KYS

Frontal lobotomies are breddy good.

youtu.be/Zgk8UdV7GQ0

>out-of-africa

Are you referring to Europeans not being from out of Africa?

geocentric universe. settled science. galileo was an heretic

Where did the "settled science" meme come from? It seems to have appeared in the last few months.

youtube.com/watch?v=HF-nkzBUakM

>vitamin c
What's the deal with vitamin c?

It's a Jew-created meme. like "barrel bombs", or "17 intelligence agencies". They are certainly response-tested for maximun psychological impact.

High fat Max protein diet is redpilled drink 4 litres of ice coffee a day, smoke cigarettes and cigars because they keep the blood flowing when the body starts to shut down

this is science goym

>flat earth
revised after knowledge discovered that disproved it
>acid rain
less of an issue these days in first world countries thanks to pollution controls, but still a problem in many industrializing places
>peak oil
at some point it's gonna take more energy to get it out of the ground than you'd get using it to make energy, tech can only keep pushing it back so far
>hole in the ozone layer
healing after restrictions and regulations were put in place on chemicals proven to be causing damage to it
>food pyramid
got me there, it's dumb as shit
>global warming
last year was literally the hottest fucking year on record and there's solid graphs of a hundred plus years of climate data showing a climbing trend
>vitamin c
good for you in reasonable doses, not science's fault that dipshits bought into snake oil salesmen that it'll cure all that ails you
>cardio
is good exercise if you're not trying to bulk up
>out-of-africa
we wuz kangs

Daily reminder that Jews have no biological sense of shame, and cannot be embarrassed.

This one is even better

youtube.com/watch?v=k0qHYzC-ypc

>Milk and dairy
They do know that most people on this planet can't digest milk when they're adults right?

yeah those points are real cute. give me an example of an actual prediction that didnt turn out to be complete bs. Take your time, ill wait.

If you struggle to find one it might have something to do with the fact that predictions require understanding, but post facto explanations can be hobbled together from google and wikipedia.

haha classic

also like all medicine prior to the renaissance

Bill Nye isn't the fucking Arbiter of science. Any time you mock Bill Nye you're attacking a straw man. The guy isn't a scientist and you're not defeating anyone. The actual nerds who dedicate their lives to studying things are a lot more knowledgeable on them than you autists who google shit in your spare time. Go and talk to someone who is a master in their field, or even moderately learned.

Reminder: Bill Nye the "science" guy isn't even a scientist. He's an engineer. Actual scientists have been attempting to get him to admit he's full of shit on Twitter for days now.

Ticks are getting to a huge level in Canada. Scientists are all agreeing that it's most likely due to the shorter, milder winters and the longer, hotter summers. As a result the tick populations aren't dying off like they should each year, with only a fraction surviving. Instead more and more are surviving each year because of the climate shift and as a result they're spreading all over the place, where they normally don't belong.

I've already had 3 ticks on me in the past month. Evolution doesn't work that fast, it's not the ticks that are changing, it's the climate they inhabit. There is also tons of flood lately, massive spillovers and the goddamn fish barrier that was keeping the last bay free of invasive cod fish just got fucking submerged, and now those cocksucking fish are fucking up our last good fresh-water bay and eating all the vegetation at the bottom, and killing off the native species. Fuck off with your denial of reality so you can be an edgy bible faggot.

The Reading Rainbow guy is still alright, right guys? Pls respond.

thread is about settled science. not bill nye. dont straw man the straw man bru.

Bill Nye is in the goddamn OP and everyone's mentioning him because he's a meme. I'm just sick of people trotting out Bill Nye memes and then acting like they've disproven mainstream science by humiliating Nye or Tyson.

wow you got 3 ticks on you last month. climate change confirmed. well done mate.

That truly sucks man. Are you in eastern Canada? The Northeastern US has a massive tick problem. I live in Northern California luckily but I've still run into a few. I fucking hate ticks, they almost ruin the outdoors for me. They fuck with my mind.

>literally doesn't understand that science is about gathering evidence, going 'i think this idea works based on the evidence', gathering more evidence, and seeing if the idea's still supported or if you need to rework or perhaps trash it

bill nye is a symbol of the hubris of mainstream science which claims to have deep understanding of complex domains it doesnt posess. as such, he is an appropriate pic for this topic.

Atlantis = coastal Europe pre-Younger-Dryas event, roughly speaking

No, Bill Nye is a paid actor and shill that is meant to be a symbol of the hubris of mainstream science and push neo-marxist propaganda so blatantly it's not even funny. He's been on The Daily Show, the Larry Wilmore show back when it existed, I'm sure he's been on that Samantha Bee abortion of a show. He's just a fucking mouthpiece for the left and as such has zero actual scientific qualifications. You might as well attack anybody on the street, as long as they get Bill Nye's script they'll be just as educated on the subject.

Yeah I'm in southern Ontario. Ticks are fucked man, you feel something crawling on you and then it sticks its head in your skin and you have to pry the cocksucker off without breaking his head off and having it stuck in you. It's a mindfuck for sure. Luckily it seems to mostly be wood or dog ticks and not the black fuckers that have lyme disease.

So everything in science is defensible because being wrong just means we dont have enough evidence?

In the same way that the theory of evolution is wrong because god is just testing our faith?

Nice one bro.

also y2k

Not not everything in science, you're already failing when you make absolute claims like that.

Being wrong could come from not having enough evidence, or from misinterpreting the evidence.

When we talk about things like evolution, we admit that it's not 100% proven. It's more like 99% implied that it's proven. That's as sure as any rational person can ever be in something. 100% belief requires faith and the discarding of logic.

>hole in the ozone layer
healing after restrictions and regulations were put in place on chemicals proven to be causing damage to it

if there really was a hole in the ozon layer we would all be dead. just face it they lied to you to get funding for their science projects.

>that much carbs
>sweets

Who was honestly retarded enough to ever believe this?

Being wrong could also come from hubris and corruption.

In the year 1999, the technical, scientific community made predictions that all the computers would start malfunctioning on new years eve. They made these predictions with conviction and there was hysteria.

Last year, political scientists had trumps chances of winning

A bunch of retarded hysteria in 1999, if you'd have asked a real nerdy programmer he would have said "why the fuck does the year changing matter?" It was just as credible as all the 2012 crap. And now you're quoting political sciences? That's one of the most corrupt and (((infiltrated))) institutions in science. It's soft science or pseudo science.

The real problem isn't science. It's the scientifically illiterate populace who are too dumb to understand or be interested. So whenever some clickbait, mainstream news agency puts "science" in the name people take it as gospel. It's the same behavior as Christians swallowing everything the priest feeds them, or Muslims following their whateverthefucks. Real science is verifiable and you can go and do the work yourself and come the the same conclusions. Yes there is dogma and ego involved sometimes and there have been scientists who lose their career over challenging the mainstream scientific consensus, but the truth always comes out in the end and we all change our minds accordingly.

What buzzfeed calls science or some tranny calls gender studies has no real credibility or basis in reality. And you can't make that Bill Nye tier strawman target and say you've defeated science.

you should stop talking about things you don't know anything about, also you must be over 18 to post on this website.

when y2k bug was a thing in the media, all kinds of scientists were trying to get funding...alll scaremongering the people about how the world was gonna end because of it....nukes would go off, electrical applience would all start malfunctioning, the stock market would crash,....
all this was said to us like it would happen, even computer scientists were on the bandwagon of scaremongering, they even started the rumors pf armageddon

sauce nigger

Again, just because someone is a scientist or "says" they're a scientist doesn't mean they're telling you the truth. Some of them may have believed it, but like you said most of them were looking for funding and money. They wanted to ride the wave of hysteria and get their paycheck from it.

There was no evidence anything would actually happen. It was all speculation and fear mongering from the media.

global warming is real and happening americas are stupid for not believe this wtf wrong with you guys man

>from the media

no, it was the scientists doing the fearmongering.
just like you said, they wanted to ride the wave of hysteria to get money....that's why they started this wave of hysteria.

this pattern keeps emerging from the scientific community, you must be willfully ignorant to not see this

A similar thing happened pre-brexit. All the well-credentialed economics professors talking about how the currency would crash/ start a recession...

Actually all economists seem to be pretty long on confidence and academic degrees and pretty short on accurate predictions.

are you a climate expert? or are you taking it on faith?

Yeah well you know what else keeps emerging from the scientific community is fucking progress. It's almost like each scientist is an individual and they're not all accountable for each other or something. Wow what a concept.

so you're just wilfully ignorant then.
have fun being lied to

progress has and will continue to come from private enterprise, not from government, not from academia. tru

Yeah and those private enterprises have research and scientific accomplishments done by scientists. Stop conflating science with academia or government. Science is a tool and a method to be used by the individual to verify and test claims or theories.

You're a tard. The spirit of skepticism is to doubt that which cannot be proven. How the fuck is that willful ignorance. Earth is round sorry to break it to you. The climate is getting warmer oooh how controversial.

you're the one defending junk science, you fucking retard

>got bitten by a tick once about ten years ago
>just pulled it out using my fingers
>head probably still stuck in me
>didn't seek medical attention

am I a lyme disease ticking timebomb?

>out of africa
That shit had fuck all to do with the out of africa theory you fucking dipshit.

If you can't even understand the difference between homo and homo sapiens sapiens, why in the nine circles of hell should I listen to you?

>tfw I fell for the cereal meme

How am I defending junk science. Fucking quote me defending something unproven.

again, this thread is about mainstream science, not the scientific method.

Also, the earth is not 'round'. It is not spherical either. Your glib assessment of complex phenomena is precicley the problem.

'getting warmer' give me a break

"The real problem isn't science. It's the scientifically illiterate populace who are too dumb to understand or be interested"

.t A FUCKING LEAF

earth=solid
water=liquid
air=gas
fire=plasma

If you're human you can.

The fuck does that have to do with junk science? Go back to Amsterdam fuckface.
What is it fucking oblong? A flat disc? A 6 pointed star?

there are millions of scientific papers that are simply not true and according to you that's the problem of the scientifically illiterate populace.
and not the fault of the scientist with his bogus experiments and biased reporting

Also incorrect, it is an 'oblate spheroid'. In terms of its composition, science has no clue. The deepest we as a species has gone into the earths crust is

also here, literally you defending junk science
>A bunch of retarded hysteria in 1999, if you'd have asked a real nerdy programmer he would have said "why the fuck does the year changing matter?"

fire=/=plasma
fire=ionized gases
plasma=ionized gases
>not all ionized gases are plasma

The ozone hole is just a name for the place in the earth's stratosphere where there's a very low concentration of ozone compared to ozone concentrations from 40 years ago. It doesn't mean that there's no ozone whatsoever and UV-light can just freely pass through the atmosphere. Also, the ozone hole appears only in the earth's polar regions, it doesn't directly affect most humans.

Oblate spheroid sounds pretty fucking round to me dude. I've heard that term before, if you wanted me to be as precise as possible then I would have told you the earth obviously isn't a perfect sphere for fuck's sake.

Bullshit, like I said it's up to the individual to disprove something. If thousands of individuals have all proven something then I don't need to personally prove it, I can comfortably rely on evidence provided by others because the process through which the evidence has been verified is itself verifiable. Of course it's not the responsibility of the public to personally verify everything, but it is their responsibility to be aware that they may be being lied to. Which the more skeptical people were aware of in 1999. I was alive then, I remember how many people called it out as bullshit.

look i was alive during the hole ozon layer scare, panels of scientists were claiming there was a literal hole, they couldn't tell where but they were sure it was there. i saw this one the news, science programs and even got it tought in school. years later when enough people pointed out that it was literally impossible for there to be a hole, then they backtracked on their words and studies and told the world it was only a thinning of the ozone layer somewhere in the north pole region.

pretty sure you said 'the earth is round' and 'the climate is getting warmer' to argue for mainstream science fuckwit.

I mean scientifically, if we aren't being precise then then the earth is basically flat right? It curves about 8 inches per mile. Hate to break it to you, the earth is flat. How controversial...

>being this anal about the four elements corresponding to the states of matter

nigga fuck you I'm gonna be a farmer

>flat earth

>the surface of a sphere can be locally percieved as a euclidean 2-dimensional space.

what you said doesn't give any proof that the earth could be percieved as flat.

>hormones don't make you sexually interested in different sexes
>hormones don't have effect on behavior
>gender roles are not biological yet we see biological gender roles among many different animals
go on user

>the surface of a sphere can be locally percieved as a euclidean 2-dimensional space.
>locally percieved as a euclidean 2-dimensional space.
>euclidean 2-dimensional space.
>2-dimensional space.
>2-dimensional
ie flat

I mean the analogy is pretty simple. If you think that your field of view is too small a scale to judge the flatness of the earth, but you think the last 100 years is long enough to judge the temperature of the earth (which is ~5b years old) then you're basically an idiot.

The earth is round and the climate is warming. Fucking Aussies are backwards. Those statements may be vague but they're true.

i refer you to my previous comment mate.

There was an ice age 12k years ago. But 100 years of noisy sensor data and you're so sure the earth is warming as a result of human activity.

And yet you're perfectly happy to argue that you can't judge the roundness of the earth by just looking in your immediate vicinity.

I never said climate change was manmade. I said the climate is warming. Whether it's accelerated by humans is up for debate. Quit trotting out the 100 years of sensor data argument it's retarded, we know it's getting warmer and warmer, whether it's a few hundred year cycle or a sudden trend doesn't matter, it's happening.

We should have been back in an Ice age (which is the norm for Earth) however due to orbital mechanics it's a bit delayed

youtube.com/watch?v=ztninkgZ0ws

Can't watch the whole thing, blue pill philosophy is insufferable.

that your scientific opinion bruh? calling the argument 'retarded' isn't really a strong rebuttal scientifically.
If its warming then why has the language changed from 'global warming' to 'climate change'. Seems like they would've kept saying global warming if it were actually the case.

It's scientifically accurate about the orbit and procession mechanics. Just stop watching until he begins to babble about human influence at the end. They've gotta keep their funding don't forget.

you'd only say the earth was flat if you didn't have the whole picture.

likewise, you're saying the earth is warming with only 100y of noisy sensor data.

dude you don't even realise it but you are bill nye

Climate change still includes the concept of warming. The soil will be drained of nutrients and dry up and blow away in the wind leaving behind deserts. The oceans will acidify and become toxic to most life. The freshwater will be tainted. There is no future on this planet when we have Asians and Africans dumping more waste into the environment then it can recycle. And the first world's reliance on oil has spread to the third world, now everyone's spewing emissions and most of those countries don't share our strict guidelines for emissions.

If you think 7 billion people eating and shitting and polluting isn't adding up and having a cumulative effect you're really ignorant of your actions. Australia used to be a lush fucking jungle, guess what happened? Abbos burned it all down. There's first-hand proof that humans can have an extremely detrimental effect on their habitat over time. We're being just as stupid, but instead of burning everything down like they did, we're just tossing plastics everywhere and spewing fumes into the air 24/7.

There's more to observe than sensor data from 100 years ago. We have historical accounts and archeological records that give us a relatively accurate picture of the climate for the past few thousand years. The medieval warming period for example.

This. Explain this

Me because that's what I was taught in school. Turns out it's BS like everything else they taught me.

>warming
So what? Co2 and vegetation were great in the jurassic period

remember that oil spill in the gulf of mexico. when the scientists said that it would never recover. Turns out its recovering just fine...

Your predictions are ridiculous. People have been shouting the sky is falling from their soap boxes for thousands of years.

You're basically a street preacher

Pretty sure there wasn't any CO2 being emitted prior to the industrial revolution. So I guess all that rubbish abour greenhouse gasses was a hoax too?

die die DIE FUCKING DIE PLEASE KILL YOURSELF YOU WORTHLESS FUCK. I want to stab you to death and play around in your blood

I like that picture

CO2 isn't the only greenhouse gas. And of course there was CO2 before the industrial revolution.