Chances of getting into good 4 year college?

Before mods delete this thread is political. It talks about affirmative action.
>be black
>2.2gpa
>1250/1600 on new sat
What are my chances of getting into a good college? How much will affirmative
action help?

Other urls found in this thread:

heatst.com/culture-wars/mizzou-shutters-three-more-dorms-as-enrollment-plummets-after-race-protests/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Im op (id changed)

define "good" you stupid nigger

wtf OP?
How'd you get 1250 while being black?

Bitch idk. I mean is mizzou good? Im good enough for them.

Holy shit you're retarded

How the fuck did you score 1250 on the SAT with a 2.2 gpa?

>2.2 GPA
Why did you not give school some effort my man? It's not that hard.

am i being trolled?

heatst.com/culture-wars/mizzou-shutters-three-more-dorms-as-enrollment-plummets-after-race-protests/

Every college has their minimum requirements easily available on their website.

The two aren't related.

What did Sup Forums get on the SAT?
1390 here

this

What about alabama?

Didn't take the SAT because all word problems math section looks rigorous

Took the ACT, got a 31 without buying any of that study shit they market

Nope, enrollment is way down. Luckily I work for the system

You can get into any ivy league school of your choice.

I took the ACT but according to google it would be 1500

I think you're Harvard material son

How old are you playboi?

become a rapper!

He is a nigger
Just write a good son story you'll get into a good stem program for diversity. 640 math is decent

i can't recall the exacts...i think around 1850-1900

3.5 gpa

>nigger
We don't take kindly to your kind in these here parts boy

Stick to in-state public schools, you're going to get denied from any good out of state school unless you've done some crazy shit like win national math competitions or start your own business.

I think I got a 1380 on the new SAT, 1990 on the old SAT.

I'd say your chances are pretty good. Pic related.

bait OP but I'm responding anyways. Bama would take you if you could justify your GPA in admissions / write a killer essay. Now, if you studied and retook the SAT in august and got 1400-1500 you'd probably be eligible for some scholarship

>2.2gpa
>black

You'll get into Harvard

This is good advice. College professor here. Also, there's a negligible difference in the quality of faculty between an Ivy League school and a good state school (and I've taught at both). Looks like you're lucky enough to be given a second chance after having fucked up your high-school performance fairly thoroughly.

>think of something you wanna be
>go get killed by a cop or a white person
>get awarded a posthumous degree in that field

That's a really high score for a black guy. But I'm not sure if it's enough to get into a good school.

>tfw I was depress in school
>hardly graduated
>never attend graduation ceremony
>now I'm stuck working a minimum wage job
>probably going to enlist in the military to escape this madness

On the bright side I have no debt.

>there's a negligible difference in the quality of faculty between an Ivy League school and a good state school
this is quite correct. Are you Australian, or are you posting from a proxy?

>How the fuck did you score 1250 on the SAT with a 2.2 gpa?

he checked the box beside nigger on the SAT application... automatic 400 points

1250 rofl

>mfw

>Are you Australian, or are you posting from a proxy?
I'm Australian posting from Australia, but lived and worked until recently in the north-east of the US. AMA about US college shit, if you want.

Not bait here are my grades
>some classes are on there twice because i retook them

I also graduated with both my high school diploma and an associate of arts
I then failed out of college due to depression, so being smart isn't everything.

just write that blacks are Superior to whites in every way all over your app and they will let you in.

The main benefit to IL and other elite schools are the networking you do, but I highly doubt #blm and other diversity entrees are rubbing elbows with anybody of any actual influence, so why do they even bother going?

>highest math course taken in HS is algebra 2.

No wonder this country is fucked

You're black. You can flunk out of any college you want.

Don't rightly remember... best guess 1940

>all those fucking Fs
Damn I think you've already used your diversity cookies. From a quick glance it looks like you've failed the same amount of classes you passed

2090 on the 2400 scale

I expected C's and D's, but you've got a lot of A's and B's in there too. Looks to me like you just didn't try. Sad.
there's a lot of prestige involved so it's an ego thing for a lot of people.
got any good stories?

you'll get in almost anywhere cause of affirmative action

have fun in (((college))) nigger

Is Sup Forums really this stupid now? I got 1480/1600 in 7th grade (2001) 2400/2400, perfect, senior year (2007). 3.6 GPA and got a full ride to all schools I applied to. Three undergraduate degrees in the sciences

I only was coming here because I thought all of you were pretending to be retarded. WTF!

if you were white you'd have a problem, but if you're not, you won't

Even state schools reject white kids with grades like this holy shit you're a retard

>got any good stories?
About what? Students being dumb? Another case of "the cat ate my assignment?"

Jesus Christ. Get your shit together, Tyrone.

1440, Graduating soon with a Economics degree with a gpa of 3.8X+

OP, don't be a retard and go to a 4 year school right away. Do 2 years of community college to save money, and get good grades. You'll be more mature and will get into a better school than you would have out of high school. More importantly, you'll have a better grasp of what you want to do with your life without having paid the 4 year price.

I'm probably tarded. I got a few Cs

>Not bait here are my grades
Well, you passed all of the classes marked NN. Does that stand for "Nigger Nigger"?

I wouldn't get too confident. Low GPAs are one thing, but a bunch of Cs and Ds are far better than your big number of Fs. Your best bet is to go to a lower ranked State public school, keep a B average and transfer the next year. This works in most states, I'm from Ohio and I know a ton of people who transferred from OU or Kent to Ohio State and some were dumb as rocks.

Holy m8 just sell drugs instead.

you're set. go to princeton.

95% chance harvard acceptance. Just talk about black role models like louis armstrong or some shit.

I got a high 1400. I never applied to a university. I'm going to give it a shot though.

Those are classes i retook on a computer

In my school district GPA could only go up to 4.0

Sure. I didn't have anything in mind when I asked that question. Maybe the faculty or institution being stupid as well.

>thinks 1250 is a good score
>tfw 1600 math/reading (2350/2400 on the real scale before the test got cucked).

did not expect to feel today

>classes i retook on a computer

So basically, yes?

> 24/24
> only a 3.6

lol

1865 with 3.9 GPA

Reminder that SAT as a standardized test is 25% knowledge test and 75% intuition test. It's a garbage exam and colleges are finally getting the picture and looking at it less and less

It was out of 2400...

AP courses could go up to 4.5 if we passed the class as well as its associated college's exam

Hey I have a question.
I was expelled freshman year for buying $5 worth of weed at school. Whoops.
Now I'm a senior with a 3.7 gpa and 1390 sat.
I'm worried about colleges being concerned about the fact I only had 8 credits freshman year and the whole expulsion thing.
Am I fucked?

>The main benefit to IL and other elite schools are the networking you do,
The other obvious massive benefit is the facilities and resources available. Great buildings with all kinds of cool spaces. Amazing sports facilities. Libraries with astonishing numbers of books. And at the top-ranked schools, the students usually get to know some pretty famous people because of small class sizes. That said, the faculty and students are often surprisingly progressive and interested in radical political cases / social transformation much more than they are in being rich or part of some elite. The reproduction of class standing is a side-effect of these institutions. Most of the people working there are more on the side of change and revolution than they are on the side of rich elites from prep schools who want to work on Wall St.

see I'm an oldfag and the commies keep changing the value of GPA

Take some AP classes

Make sure you talk about your struggles with systemic racism in your application literature and you've got a good chance. I wish I had.

Yea see we didn't have this

They probably won't care.

>Maybe the faculty or institution being stupid as well.
Individual departments often end up being like dysfunctional families. You get people who have worked together for decades who often end up hating each other because of petty squabbles. In my grad school department, there were two people, both senior professors, who refused to be in the same room together. The reason is that decades ago one of them divorced his wife while the other was friends with the wife. Prof 2 didn't like how Prof 2 treated his wife in the divorce, so now it's really hard for any students who want to work with one of the other of them, or even both, because you have to know the consequences of how you affiliate yourself. Childish stuff!

>5 abscences from lunch

Mate, if you are skipping lunch, college is the least of your problems.

2000/2400
1360/1600

In order to teach AP the teachers had to be certified college professors, which mean they demanded more pay. So they gave the reward of a slightly higher GPA to get students to go into them in order to justify paying the teachers so much

Took the ACT, got a 29

>tfw 1080 (670 reading 410 math)
>tfw let into great school because my family is a bunch of dirt poor Italian immigrants

That's when he left the property in order to smoke a joint and didn't come back.

Also, fucking 2.2 gpa, and you're 150/270? What the fuck kind of school is this so I can look it up and laugh at it?

1250 with 600+ on the math is good enough to get into any state school
since you're black it's good enough to get into pretty much anywhere

I went to one of the country's best public schools (no niggers) and that wasn't an issue. I graduated in 2007 so maybe it was a nation-wide change since then

2.2 is an average student believe it or not

Those math scores are pitiful.

that guy interned for hillary's campaign or something which played a huge role in his acceptance

Calm down, Einstein. Dude was implying it was a good score for blacks. Nobody was challenging your perceptions of a good score in general.

According to some kids I talked to they changed it again and now honors is 4.5 and AP is 5.0.

if you are white and get below 1300 off yourself

780 writing
720 critical reading
600 math
>tfw no one cares about my highest score

>It was out of 2400...
newfag

Pretty much this. State schools have rather low standards and won't give that much of a fuck about his shitty high school GPA if he did well enough on the SAT/ACT. Also, he's black like you said so he's a shoe-in.