>got straight A's in high school but I'm too old for university now
>can't find a trades apprenticeship because I have no connections
>most people on Sup Forums have university degrees and making 80k-160k USD

Who else /working class loser/ here?

>too old for university now
lol

lol

Why would a company hire some 30 year old graduate when they can choose from a litter of 22 year olds?

lol

> making 80~160k

HAAAHAAHAHAAHAHHA

Aside from a lot of companies not wanting to hire people in their early 20's because they're not reliable in spite of there degree?

> too old for university now
No.

>>most people on Sup Forums have university degrees and making 80k-160k USD
everyone on Sup Forums is a loser one way or another, what are you on about

>25 years old

???Why don't you make some more excuses you pathetic leaf.?

>25
>too old for university
is this how your government shill?
gotta welcome all those university degree pajeets i guess

Just go to a college and sign up for a trade, or look for a new job where they might sponsor you. I did my first 2 years without a sponsor. Also 25 isn't too old for uni, I'd say it's perfect. You have a bit of real world experience, and you're the perfect age to get early 20s girls who make up the majority of universities right now.

University's worthless unless you go to an elite university. If you dont have a 4.0+, play lots of sports, volunteer a lot, and be a minority/woman, then you're fucked.

Join the military - but given OP is a Canadian maybe he should move to the US and join the military.

>thirty year old with past work experience, choice of going back to school shows maturity
>twenty two year old kid with 2 years experience at mcdonalds

How many kebabs do you make then?

>make the exact median income
>mad about it
>meanwhile i was working for 12k a year at minimum wage not too long ago

Unless he did internships, then "Experience" is worthless. They have kids doing high school internships at big companies now just so they have a chance at going to a good college.

Working at a fast food joint simply does not cut it anymore. Everyone does it, even the fuck ups.

Really OP shouldnt be complaining about $40k/year, especially in Canada. I've been out of high school in the Bay Area, and I cant find a job. Everyone here is taking Mexicans, and apartments go for upwards of $2000/month.

Just go part time to a local college and get associates degrees if you have them there like in the USA, they're pretty cheap there. Figure out where you would do at a university and how long you have to attend that particular uni to get a degree, then without having to move or completely quit your job you can get years of your education for cheap. Save during that time so you can focus at the next uni, since many univerisities only report your GPA from their courses and don't factor previous ones.
You could have a degree by the time you're 30.
With that, you should consider going to Europe to do your masters. It's quite cheap here and you could get language learning experience while studying in English.

lol false

That's fucking funny user. Tell another one.

40k is alright in Cucknada..... for a wage slave

I doubt that alot

I went back to school at 30. Had a STEM degree previous. Went into a natural resources trade. Worked contract for four years in said trade in a job I first started as an internship while in college.

Four years later just made full time. Decent money. Amazing lifestyle. Full benefits and pension.

It can happen user. 30 isn't old. And you won't be alone. Stop constructing roadblocks for yourself and just do it. I believe in you.

I already have an associates degree, the problem is in Canada they're worthless if you want to go to university after, you need to do the whole 4 years from scratch, I checked and would maybe get 1 course waived for a chemical engineering degree but that's it

yokes on you I make nothing, I have no friends, education. Literally last time I even talked IRL was probably six months ago and I am 32.

word i see this same thread people mad that they only make 40k

when thats like 4x what i ever made when i had a job and its 40,000x more than what i make today (nothing)

>be 25
>have a meme degree (humanities)
>worked for three years earning £20,000 in a major city
>now earning £30,000 suddenly due to loyalty
>want to quit and pursue "creative" ambitions
>realize I'll probably just end up broke and disillusioned

Any advice Sup Forums? Am I a cuck if I work an office job I hate and sacrifice my desire to pursue my own interests in a meaningful and dedicated manner?

25 is not too old

Quit being pathetic and reach your potential you whiny faggot

Join the military or get find a college program along with a student loan. I read about a retired guy in his 60's that got a degree in medicine. Just do it faggot

What kind of trade are you in?

A specialized branch of forestry.

Im 35 and just finished my BS in CompSci a few weeks ago.

I already have a 6 figure job, however.

lol thats a lie

I'm going back to school for accounting.

Whatever.

Shills make the same poll slide thread every day
Same pic and text. Losers

>40,000x more than what i make today (nothing)
should i do it?

ok

>american education

in America with 40k a year you can own a home and live comfortably in most states

your a fucking retard mate, everyone on here is a NEET with -10k income living with mom, anyone else is a 100% fake LARPing fag

I guess I won

>26 year old teacher
>make 400 euros for a month

lel

Keep telling yourself that, less competition for the rest of us

Kek a fucking leaf

And 25 is nowhere near too old to go back. If anything you'll get even more pussy because you're older.

never give up, never surrender faggot. if it's not working don't be afraid of change u fucking pussy. faggot.

>mate
>american

kys

I didn't go to college until I was 28. Now make 61K a year in IT

>Too old for college
>Most people on Sup Forums have university degrees and are making 80k-160k USD
Fucking lol

40k a year? Most true "working class" guys here make AT LEAST 25% less than you, so eat shit. Enjoy the compensation you're getting for low level of work you're doing.

You're 25, idiot, quit bitching.

My uncle who's 40 something went back to college to further his degree, college chicks like older guys too.

ugh
really?

Kek, I'd never hire some kid straight out of school with no life experiance.

Mate I was 28 when I went back to uni. Now earning just over 100k in leafbux. Get it done.

how dumb are you? obviously you have never worked or you would know companies have extreme age prejudice and will always hire older people because they see them as more reliable and responsible and dedicated

this is true across the board, except maybe in specific positions where young physical strength and endurance is the main factor they seek. if you arent moving concrete bags, and just want an office job, being older will 9 times out of 10 be the only reason someone hired you

went back as in you already had a degree right? what do you do now?

I have no university degree and I make 95k. I'm an autist who taught myself computer science from a young age.

Could probably make more if I looked around, but I'm comfy where I'm at.

how long did it take you to teach yourself ? what age did you land your 95k gig at ?

Nah, I left school at 17, went on the rigs. Took a college course in IT at 26 and used that to get onto a compsci degree course. I'm the dev manager for a publishing company now.

I reckon uni is better if you're a little older. For everyone else their straight from school and naive af

>thinks university degrees are worth anything
>thinks muh school grades should give me a good job

truly blue pilled

Literally never too late to go to college

not that leaf, but i'm also a self taught computer cunt. i work from home, make a decent salary and have no degree. never been to uni, never wanted to.

work for a company in san francisco (who doesn't these days)

forgot to mention i started teaching myself to code and about computers in general when i was around 10-11. i'm 21 now, but i landed this job 3 years ago when i just turned 18.

Everyone on Sup Forums has at least a bachelors degree and makes 50k a year at minimum,owns their own home and has a 10/ 10 gf.

> but i'm also a self taught computer cunt

what did you teach yourself? how long did it take roughyly?

>actually believing this

The degrees part MIGHT be true.

I started when I was 12, but didn't start taking it seriously until I was around 15. I'm 36 now. Got my first gig at 24 making 55k, after a few years of wage slaving it in the construction trades.

When I was 29, I got one contract where I made $180k over 8 months implementing and optimizing a computer vision system for a mobile platform, which was the most I ever made. After that, I wanted something with more job security, benefits and a salary so ended up where I'm at now.

Yep fucking sucks here

Can confirm

>puts head on desk and sobs.

40,000x0=0

> I'm too old for university now

Until you stop making excuses you will always be a fucking loser, loser.

I'd rather be a failure scrounging together money while pursuing what I love than sitting at an office job wishing I could blow my brains out at any given moment.

It really just depends on what you put value in. As far as I'm concerned, if you're not making tons of money or just doing something you're actually interested in, you're wasting your time.

this
25 is young. there is still time to go to college and then drop out in like 3 years.

what are these interests?

But that's the key mate - figuring out how to make money from what you enjoy doing anyway. If you love coding or similar it's easy, but most everyone has some hobby they could monetise

>leaf
>alive
Rake yourself.

listen to this man

Do it while you're still young. If you fuck up you can can still pick up your career. Don't want to be 50yrs old thinking "what if". Give yourself 2yrs or something to make a go of it.

how did you find your job? I'm have an AS where I majored in CS and I'm working on my bachelors, I need to find a remote programming job.

I live on

Learn a second language

i taught myself to code websites, 2d/3d/multiplayer games, desktop software, integrated systems (arduino, rasp pi etc), web apps and in general i understand the science behind computing and engineering to some degree

i learn what i find interesting and it makes life so much better

been programming fluently since i was about 13, i picked it up *really* easily. it was second nature almost, combined with youtube and other tutorial websites. i'd say it took me 2-3 years of experimenting before i thought i was any good

but honestly with programming it's an uphill struggle, i learn something new everyday pretty much. it's a constant process

i found it on upwork, after searching through alot of bullshit. i actually work on a better jobs platform if you're interested, this is my job. i'm shekel shilling here but its a great place to get started - go to remote.com

entire site is setup for remote work since upwork.com is absolute tardation

I went back at 25, now in my third year about to earn some valuable placement experience in a field I love. Never say never.

>too old for uni

What? Even in my freshman year I had classmates that were way over 30

You realize you don't have to tell employers your age, right?

I'm interested in any place you know about, thanks.

freelancer.com
upwork.com

those two sites are best for quick, easy work. beware to compete with very low wage poos who spam the place

the platform i work on focuses on higher quality jobs but you need a higher quality resume/profile/portfolio (depends on the client)

Best post ITT

NEVERRR SAYYYY NEVERRR - Justin Bieber

I know people in their 40's who went back to college, just do it man.

You not only don't have to tell employers your age; you show a hiring manager maturity by having gone back to school. Maybe don't get a degree in an ageist industry and you'll be fine

Thinks he's too old because he's 25.... you are never too old to start learning. I suggest you go do a stem master race major in comp sci, and destroy all the working class jobs with automation. If you can't beat progress, you might as well profit on it.

How is it, being a teacher is Slovakia?

I've been thinking of working there as a University or High school teacher when I get my degree.
IDC that much about cash, I have enough.

Can't you just go to trade school and they'll find you the apprenticeship?

>got straight A's in high school but I'm too old for university now
You're not.

25, fag. I got my apprenticeship at 28.

>25
>too old
Man, I'm 25 and doing a degree. You've got decades left.

You're not too old, I'm 34 and I still think about completing my masters.
I have a very well paid, soul-crushing job and a family now so it's hard to find the time.

this
>blessed with good genes.
>26 but look 17.

Trade school doesn't work like that here, you need a job first and then you go to school after. Typically you need connections to get into a trade, I know as I've been trying the past 2 years

Fuck man im 26 and just now about to start a nursing degree. U got time mate and ur already doing better than 85% of pol.

Too old for uni maybe. Butt fuck that cancer anyway though. Go to community college or trade school.

Also, employers give less of a shit about your age than they do your qualifications and work ethic. So be sure to check that defeatist crap well before you step in anyones door.

There is no such thing as a dead end job, only dead end employees

There is always a way forward as lomg as you are willing