Working for the government

Has anyone here worked for the Government?

I'm getting a degree right now and plan to work for the Government soon after I graduate, probably try to work myself into a Director/management position or something like that. Has anyone had experience working for the government? Are there good benefits, healthcare/dental/etc.? Is the pay good, and can you easily work into 100k+ positions? Job security? Is it hard to get a job working for them and difficult to move up?

I'd figure it seems relatively redpilled and maybe you can get into some sort of political influence and getting a clearance would be useful. I might try to work for the NSA or something.

Other urls found in this thread:

federalretirement.net/eligibility20years.htm
usdebtclock.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=etVdqOS0Ffc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I dont work for the government. I work in a biomechanics research lab thats funded by the government. Does that count?

If you arent a part of a college-to-hire program (SMART student for example), you arent getting into the government straight out of college.

Sounds pretty cool. What do you do?
Well, my uncle works for them. Maybe that would help. I see a lot of government jobs that don't ask for any experience

Before I moved to Canada with my wife I got a job at the State Dept straight out of college.

So you're an idiot.

Why'd you move to Canada? Leafs are the most unfunny people on the planet.

I work in government contracting as an exec in the government relations department.

The best bet to get 100k plus out of college would be to go be a Special Agent (1811) if you can for either Homeland (HSI) or FBI.

Hell, even a Detention and Deportation Officer can make over 100k/yr with their mandatory 25% overtime.

Average Entry Level DDO:

150k/yr with Houston/Dallas location pay and health/dental insurance plus a take home Tahoe [unmarked] and retirement program.

Retirement program is SICK.

FERS: federalretirement.net/eligibility20years.htm

Retirement is based off of your 3 highest paid years (including overtime).

Lets say you get on some task force like ICAC (internet crimes against children) and you get 3 years at 200k/yr: $68,000/yr. pension.

pretty good deal.

>Retirement program is SICK.

Sounds awesome dude, definitely think I'm going to try to get into the government

Do you think the jobs are pretty interesting? At least moreso than a regular office job?

As for being an FBI agent don't you need to basically become a cop?

Also what do you think the best agencies are to work for? Like you pretty much have to pick CIA, FBI, NSA right... there's no actual vague "government" jobs in the "government" department right?

>Lets say you get on some task force like ICAC (internet crimes against children) and you get 3 years at 200k/yr: $68,000/yr. pension.

Holy shit. That's amazing.

I test athetes balance and compare them to other athletes. And write data compiling codes. Its super fun, we get grants from the government by taking trips to Washington DC and making connections.

It depends what you do. FBI/HSI run the gamut from cyber teams to guys that kick doors all day and I know a few cyber guys who still manage to kick 6-8 doors a week for search and arrest warrants.

Yea you become a federal special agent which is like a detective. Look into it but its not like being a cop you don't run traffic and you don't do a lot of the more mundane shit.

FBI Academy is like 4-6 months and I think most other 1811s its something stupid like 45 days.

I mean there are thousands of government agencies that hire people. Start with USAJobs.com

There is even a department that only looks into procurement (contracting) fraud and waste.

Fuck, NASA even has Special Agents (1811) that do tons of cool shit.

Sounds like government jobs are the shit. The only other thing I wanted to do was become an Electrician and it sounds like their retirement plan, security, and pay pales in comparison to most government jobs

Yea government pensions don't go bankrupt (if they do money won't mean much anymore) and the job is more fun.

There is a line from Blue Bloods that goes something like "A Price, an actor, an oil baron and a Cop can be at a dinner party and every time the guests will ask the cop for another story".

Its a lifestyle but there are plenty of feds I know that went in with trust funds and plenty that went in dirt poor but none of them are "poor" where they are stationed.

not him but i used my trust fund from my parents to buy a house up here in northern bc us dollar goes a hell of a lot farther up here plus leafs seem like nice enough people in rural areas

Hi Sup Forums, I work for the govt. indirectly. I work for a utility, which falls under a City Gov. umbrella. At least we provide a quality product and are funded by rate-payers. I fled California (persecution by Mexican horde), where I once worked for a large county. Remember, the Gov. are your controllers. Of course their' benefits are substantial, and the turds all float to the top via untimely deaths/early retirements. The trough is deep and there is plenty of opportunity to advance if you can spell your own name. Money is better in the private sector, but the stability is incomparable. Zen...all down hill from here. The only thing harder than landing a Gov. job, is losing a Gov. job. Prepare to coast. As far as being redpilled...better not step out of line or say the wrong thing, or HR will have your ass! Whatever you do, don't bite the hand that feeds you. Better be prepared to shit Tiffany cufflinks and be a good little boy. I'm super deep cover. I dare not speak my mind EVER in mixed company...even the walls have ears.

Yup. Have worked for the provincial government up here for 5 years now. Got a double-major in Poli-Sci/History and memed my way into a career. What are you majoring in? What advice are you looking for?

Business Administration. It seems to fit the requirements for a lot of government jobs.

Yah...for entry level or admin type work. My advice to you would be look for internships after you graduate. Preferably, look for postings in smaller towns/counties. Less competition, and better chance to make your mark. When you get on as an intern, you are eligible to compete on internal postings (jobs only available if you're already with the government). Work at the internship for a few months, apply on as many jobs as you can without telling anyone, and keep working your way up. Its a fucking lame ass grind, but I've moved up 4 times in 5 years this way. Best of luck user

Its not working a job if your employer is insolvent and you are not employed. Its "working" a "job" and you are "employed". If my employer was as insolvent as the government, I'd be made redundant, right? You are not earning money and getting paid - you are indebting future generations with a devalued currency as the currency to pay you gets printed. There will be no retirement pension plan 401K (or whatever it is in the US), because those plans are insolvent and the currency you use to measure their worth is increasingly valueless.

Government jobs are lies and the people who work in them are cult members.

Its post-Soviet communism.

usdebtclock.org/

>127532523
is this new copy pasta or just sliding tactics? how many times are you going to keep posting this thread faggot

Dunno most gov jobs just want you to have a bachelors from what I've seen. I mean do you think doing a poli sci major would be any more helpful?

>100k
lel.
my dad works for the state and can't get a promotion because he's a white male, but at least they literally can not fire him for almost any reason.
If you're serious I hear jobs at "special districts" actually do pretty well

It says the avg gov worker gets paid more than private sector workers, average salary 80k apparently

if youd like to be in the cia
you need to become a neckbeard.

and sit around allday like arnita karneshian or whatevr teh fuck her name is

and fuck if you dont believe me d ont care
youtube.com/watch?v=etVdqOS0Ffc
take a look, take a think for a second of the life of a cia nigger

u should kow more than us faggot OP tell us about what u doyoutube.com/watch?v=etVdqOS0Ffc