Why did we stop building beautiful things?

Why did we stop building beautiful things?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/55784152
youtu.be/aSbdSnwsWMs
youtube.com/watch?v=FuCw8UT5y6c
carfree.com/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/subject/knowledge bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/!!9O2tecpDHQ6/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jews

I have no idea.

How did they afford building everything to look good in the old times, when everyone was supposedly much poorer than today?

That new building looks depressingly Finnish. Damn.
The top one would've been quite comfy to look at during the winter nights; many people likely have many good memories because of it.

Who stole my nose?!

In all seriousness though, it's a damn fucking shame leftists ruin everything.

Post-war brutalism. Some of it is good, most of it is not.

they werent poorer, we live in a world of intangible money. We basically are bartering without even knowing it.

I'm in Gothenburg Sweden and I have to live with this fucking abomination. It looks like the monolith from 2001 sounds. Just smacked down straight in an area of the city where olden times architecture dominates.

Because back then people who made decisions didnt listen to those who were angry about giving lots of money to fancy projects.
Nowadays you get a protest against any artsy public building project.

some of it is interesting but i'd hardly describe any of it as looking good except for some of those trippy monuments in yugoslavia

It's literally a psychological attack, although admittedly subtle to most people. They probably don't even notice it.

The punchline may be that the cheap looking, uncreative, non-aesthetic design may be the reason they have more money at the end of the day. These kikes would probably tryand convince us a piece of particleboard with a string is fashionable footwear if they could.

I saw, on Sup Forums, that architects don't have the same skill to build things like they used to.

Kikes, obviously.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

capitalism
there's no value in culture with the quarterly report

progressives want everyone to be as miserable as they are

Lack of skills and class

This is the correct answer. Jews basically rule architecture/design in every Western country. Jews hate everything beautiful.
Also great projects breed resentment in niggers and other muds who cannot do such things, they demand to be included and it runs everything down.

That's not terrible.

The best part is that it was done by Alvar Aalto, the only architect known to the public. Or it probably done because of it, he had a Master-status and nobody dared to question his ugly shit because he can't be wrong.

Block-buildings should be banned.

So much glass. Muh heating bills. Unless that's a non-issue today.

I like the fact that it's round and the windows are not exactly on-top of each other, but it's not enough difference. Not bad I rate it 2/5.

jew posts like this are half the reason I come onto this board.

Nepotism

>Hey guys i know nothing about modern architecture
>Anything not using bricks has no tradition attached to it whatsoever because i only understand that bricks look old!
>Look at these cherrypicked images that i personally don't like because big things are scaaaryyyyy

Man these threads get me every time.
I think these and the Asian Guy White Female thread are some of the funniest material on here.

The NSA HQ is surprisingly modern for the year it was built in.
I mean, look at the main building in pic related. It looks contemporary, right? Look at the parking afterwards.

1) More laborers. In my hometown there used to be over 100 independent bricklayers unaffiliated with any company or crew for longer than a single job. Now there's less than 20 people who know how to lay brick AT ALL.

2) Local resources. When all of the materials are produced less than a day's travel away transportation cost plummets.

3) Simpler supply chains, due to above.

4) Modern amenities add in huge costs. Air conditioning, electricity, plumbing, water, heat, cooling, fire escapes, lighting, it all adds up.

5) Cities used to be self sufficient out of necessity. All produce was local because you just couldn't get crops from halfway across the country to EVERY city easily. Same with basically every product. Automobiles, the suburbanization of society (Compare American cities to European ones), and globalization mean urban areas don't have to be self sufficient. Costs slowly rise long after the alternative died off, so there's no alternative to compare it to.

>Malmo
>Swedish

We are too obsessed with being modern. Ornamented buildings are... ...anachronistic or something. Same goes to fashion. We are no longer elegant. We no longer want to emphasize how civilized and cultured we are.

people still think that we don't live in communist state

Anything you want to say or are you as mute as you are stupid?

Build whatever ugly abomination you want but don't tear down beautiful traditional buildings.

forgot pic

hnggg that building gives me a boner desu

>some of it is interesting but i'd hardly describe any of it as looking good except for some of those trippy monuments in yugoslavia

You have to take into account that those monuments were made by famous sculptors and architects which were a product of a country that at the very least actually cared about and financed art and culture.

>Why did we stop building beautiful things?

Because it would shame the ugly you fucking scum cis-heteronormative ableist.

Jeez why are you so angry, did your bull forget to wear a condom again?

Relevant question on which is better:

Classical or gothic?

I love how you, as a mexican, believe you have any right to talk to a Swede about architecture or culture.

I know you are just baiting but damn you crack me up. Its like when an indian tries to talk about computers or an american about food.

I hate how much (((they))) have ruined London.

I never forget to remove my wife's bull's condom once he's getting ready to finish

I'd rather live in a building like that than in accommodated apartment block #1959812

Why so angry? Did jamal the bull cancel tonights date?

Is that even real? It looks like a CG render.

>Hey you are so mad lel because i don't understand banter / have skin like a baby
What?
>Hey heres an le epig me-me hahaha i'm so kewl XD
Alright, sorry my boy forgot summer is here already. Keep on acting like a sissy avoiding the question again so you are easy to spot. Alright? Alright.

We have some nice old apartments here now they just build 50 storey glass boxes everywhere

where is that

Once when I was in Malmö, I witnessed the only major "ooh shit" fuckup accident I've seen in my life.

I can't remember exactly what car but some nice four door BMWish car smashing into a concrete traffic blocker totally wrecking the side by the first wheel, as he tried to turn into a parking lot.
I'm pretty sure the car was game over after this, he turned fast to enter the lot and it "scraped" the side, the first wheel turned "inwards" and the metal casing got bent from the front of the car to the second door, first door totally bent inwards where the concrete "blocker" were and then the car "sank" resting only on 3 wheels and itself.

He looked so crushed and his wife was pissed off at first then calmed down, it actually was quite humbling seeing their patience of it all but I guess they were well off and insured.

It was somewhere on this picture but I don't know exactly where, but by the ocean.
RIP in peace.

built 1491 in France

arab architecture doe

Modern architecture ages faster.
Pic rel was consider hot shit after ww2.

Also

>Itt bunch of poorfags without the money to build their own houses

Kek.

Kek

Why bother posting than ahmed? You can go back to rebbit and enjoy bbc cuck threads...

For anyone that wants to quietly mourn the death of western civilisation in a proper English philosophical way:

vimeo.com/55784152

Singapore
youtu.be/aSbdSnwsWMs

Thanks for your input. I guess the more important follow-up question is, how do we make buildings aesthetic again?

Absolutely gorgeous. Would live/5.

>we aren't losing our culture it's normal to have giant concrete block buildings. You racist just wouldn't get it. T....tell them I'm right Muhammad.

I actually really love architecture, and brutalism is one of my favorite styles, but most of these don't go far enough into brutalism, and brutalism-lite just looks lazy and boring.

The shape isn't that bad, but the rest of the environment ruins it
>commie bloks in the background
>shitty garden in the center
>billboards
>everything near the ground is grey

If there's anything I don't like in that building it's the pale orange colour on the balconies (might look good if there's sun though), as well as the general shape of the balconies. Hell, they should've used darkened glass, too.

The basic gestalt
>Most architects in the 60's and 70's are pinko commies
>They tried to emulate USSR commieblocks
>They succeeded
>Time goes on
>Now modern architects emulate the "style" because it allows them to design disgusting, featureless commieblocks without admitting that they're completely devoid of talent
>Governments pay for it because it's easy and also because they're full of pinko commies

Brutalism is the worst thing to ever happen to architecture.

For the Saudi, that thing is holier than the meteorite cube itself.

>Why did we stop building beautiful things?

We removed God.

Here is why we are seeing what we are seeing. Learn to recognize it in our daily lives:
6:00-6:42
youtube.com/watch?v=FuCw8UT5y6c

This is our public library - it went from ugly (bottom) to fucking hideous (top). At least the old version was ageing, and spoke of an era. It used to be roomy and comfy inside, now it feels like an airport. Been it once, probably never go back.

>Hey heres another meme XD Why would i answer the Q?

Thanks kiddo, now the whole thread knows what i'm talking about.

Okay i'll humor you to prove a point.
Look at Can you tell me what part of that building that goes against the good old Swedish tradition and culture?
Just point out 3 things and you can meme all you want, sounds fair no? I'll wait right here.

Hey, that's p cool actually.

What exactly is so surprisingly modern about a glass building housing computers and stuff?

blow it up. they removed a beautiful building before it

>hahahaha let's just demolish our unique historical architecture to build a glass block that has no identity

Top looks waay better though.

Literally looks like a tacky Vegas hotel.

Holy shit, it's actually real.
It looks like something I'd randomly do in SketchUp. It's just buildings on top of buildings, but jesus it looks impressive.

swedishgoatseflag.jpg

nords r worthless nobodies

See
Stop spouting meme's and actually join the discussion.

The simplest way?

Go here: carfree.com/ and read up. It won't solve everything, there will certainly be a learning curve.

>Can you tell me what part of that building that goes against the good old Swedish tradition and culture?
Probably the ugly sharp edges, pinprick windows, and general lack of fitting in with traditional styling. It was a giant white dong swinging in the face of good taste. Made to make a fashion statement, not to look good or suitable.

That building looks exactly like something out of Dubai. I guess that is Swedish culture now lol. The rest of the buildings look like parking garages painted pretty colors it's ugly.

Changing the Building design is/was part of a CIA/Globalist operation to make people more depressed among other things.

It also relates to Energy(Positive,Negative,Neutral,Flow).

archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/subject/knowledge bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/!!9O2tecpDHQ6/

It's not architectural, it's cheaper. No one wants to spend any money. To build in the old style architecture costs way too much time and money.

They just call modern shit architecture as a catch phrase.

You think every building was beautiful? There were hideous buildings back then, just because we have only the important buildings (palaces, castles, etc) left does not mean that the prisons in 18th century were beautiful.

Also such beautiful buildings are usually unpractical and costly.

So anything else to add besides some bad shitposting and strawmaning ?
Anything of value to the conversation at hand or any argument whatsoever ?
Any of the supposed knowledge in modern architecture to share ?

they weren't efficient and took up more space

for me even it shape is ridicules
also after 10-20 years this kind of building no longer look fresh and new but also they don't look classic, just shit
>pic
more from this series

I know you are just trolling me right now, but i mean in architectural terms, not "Hurr that angle is off".

You too mate? See above, please respond like an actual adult.

I'm starting to think my original asessment that none of you guys actually know squat about architecture was spot on.

I love how you skipped past 4 of my posts to make yourself look better. Learn 2 read and i'll answer.

Looks like a Covenant base from Halo Wars

Modern architecture has no national identity. The first of the new skyscrapers were built in the (((International))) style.

The new construction in modern cities look totally interchangeable. There's no diversity.

To play devil's advocate, your pic has some of that retrofuturism vibe to it, which I guess isn't bad if you're into that aesthetic.
Some of the other blocky shit in this thread is just bad though.

First actual argument! Nice!
So you are saying that if i showed you two pictures of houses built in the late 1800 hundreds you could tell me roughly where in the world they where built?
Or from what period do you want me to take the pictures?

>but i mean in architectural terms
Why, when you clearly aren't familiar with them?
Where in traditional Swedish architecture are twisted buildings with prison block windows common?

>Modern architecture has no national identity
>The new construction in modern cities look totally interchangeable.
This is the heaviest offence of modern architecture desu.

You don't have to know modern architecture theories to know it looks ugly and bland. The thing is old architecture paided attention to detail and you could get lost in a single building because of all the details. These modern architecture is just bland with a slight twist(literally in the case with that skyscraper.) Its just boring and depressing.

Jews started the whole modernist and postmodernist movements, these inculed not only architecture, but other arts like painting, photography, philosophy, films and much more.
They started these "movements" in the early to mid 20th century and it rejected all kind of philosophical and artistic movements from the Age of Enlightenment, renaissance and the classical arts.

To put it short, these "movements" were created and exist solely to shit on everything created by Europeans, from paintings, to architecture, to philosophy with the goal of eliminating them, that's it, jews pushed (and keep pushing) their postmodernist crap in a intent to erase every cultural feat accomplished by European societies.

You don't see more Gothic, Baroque, Classical, Romanesque, Beaux arts architecture anymore because jews infiltrated every single school of art and architecture, and convinced every single soul that the past is wrong and "postmodernism" is nice!

1800s is getting a bit late for unique city architecture, but still doable. Especially when you leave CoAs in them. Ie. that one is from Prague.

Except thats not true, you think the awkward angled glass and steel monstrosities that the like to build are cheap to fabricate or maintain? (protip they're not)

>posting a picture of the back entrance of a building to make it look uglier

cmon now

>Hey i bet you don't know but i wont show proof either because i also don't kno--- I mean...

Dear god... Wait this is scary.. Are you saying.. THat some people... Like things you don't? And you don't have the money or power to do your own thing?

Man.

Wasn't an example since you could reverse it. So what age then? Give me a year and you can prove how wrong i am by telling me what country they came from since national identity apparently is clearly shown in architecture.

>Hey i bet you don't know
I gave you proper terms. Not my fault you're trolling, or a charlatan.
>Give me a year
Aight, 1600. Stone still in use, but brick on the rise, except for how varied cultures use it.

These "modern" buildings exist since the late 40's to early 50's
The "modernist" movement crap has been pushed by academia sine the early 20th century, around the 1910's

I guess I can patrol this shit-show architecture once the kikes get their Megacity future.