The Grateful Dead

Anyone here a fan of the grateful dead? Whats your opinion on their effect on modern culture if any?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rdPOAhBp2Ag
youtube.com/watch?v=N7lMxNfb7rw
youtube.com/watch?v=G7qkbF8PbtE
youtube.com/watch?v=N7lMxNfb7rw.
youtube.com/watch?v=D1WnBy4z5Jc
youtube.com/watch?v=hKsxz1xDmZs
youtube.com/watch?v=E9CVLVevm4E
archive.is/HmzLz
youtube.com/watch?v=ia6IE0annEo
youtube.com/watch?v=R6H2a_9wVQw
youtube.com/watch?v=xP0UF_r3dkY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=V4SqDx1vi4c
youtube.com/watch?v=Z7-TNgz4QPc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZY6-kJlxwZc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Used to push acid at their shows, good times

Music is a matter of taste. Deadheads were one of the first to embrace file sharing of music online in the pre napster days.

1st and only bump, if the thread cannot gain traction then I'm forever convinced pol is nothing but edgy teen faggots with zero life experience outside the basement and moms microwave fresh hotpockets

They're bretty good, 10/10, American as fuck red blooded patriots.

Grateful dead, annoying hippie drug addicts whose only cultural contribution is inspiring a "festival" crowd which are the worst kind of hippies.
Literally unemployed no lives living out of VW bus, selling beads back and forth to buy their next LSD hit and Grateful dead tickets.

Among the biggest cancer ever to strike America.

This is a shill trying to get you to go listen to their shitty hippie music.

Grateful Dead music is absolute shit. Their fanbase are the epitome of boomer culture failure. "I'm uncle sam hiding out in a rock n roll band"
CIA GTFO
youtube.com/watch?v=rdPOAhBp2Ag

I'm greatful they're dead.

To be fair a lot of them couldn't afford their tickets and would just storm the gate, maybe pol could learn a thing or two.

Why not link a good song
youtube.com/watch?v=N7lMxNfb7rw

Widespread Panic is the only redpilled jam band
Inb4
>redpilled jam band

It would figure a leaf has zero taste in good music

They were 10/10 musicians but they and their fans were degenerates.

Pretty good psyop, not as effective as The Doors, though.

I enjoy their early stuff, like:
youtube.com/watch?v=G7qkbF8PbtE

Yellow hair? Confirmed Aryan supremacists

checked

>Yellow hair? Confirmed Aryan supremacists
whom are you asking or referring to the band or me?

Lyrics in the song you linked

I've been listening to them a lot lately, got me started learning improvisation on the guitar playing along to their shows.

Was at dead and co (gratedul dead and john mayer) in mountain view CA June 3. I'm 95% sure kids were being abused before/during/after the show. So much weed smoke these kids were like 2-8 yo. Adults walking off with kids, I was drunk but know what I saw...ruined the music for me for life. That whole culture immediately looked disturbing and I walked out of the show

ahhh yes, mmk.

Jerry's guitar carried that band

My favorite band.

It's funny someone posted this tonight. Dead and Co just finished a show in Bristol, VA and at set break had a pick with Al Franken (huge dead head). Their set list contained many of their political type songs too.

Hippies are awful tho.

Love them. Everyone thinks that hippies have the monopoly on them. Lots of conservatives like them such as coulter and tucker. As a guitar player, Jerry's melodic runs and his chromatic slurs may be an acquired taste butI love it. They obviously had their shit nights though but even on the shit nights there was highlights. I like smoking dope but most of there fans are dude weed lmao retards that can ruina show. Now with Dead and Co, the people that attend are even worse because of todays political climate. Lots of "hippie" millennials attend all the jam band shows and watch the fucking show through their phones. It's brutal. Cell phones have ruined the concert experience.

Also, I love how shtlibs assume jerry was a complete Marxist leftist when in reality he was far from it. God and scripture is obviously a reoccurring theme in his songwriting. They are total Americana. I hear some people say their studio work is trash and while their niche was improvisation , I love their studio albums

youtube.com/watch?v=N7lMxNfb7rw.

if you like the Grateful dead youre a filthy degenerate commie. ill be grateful when youre all dead

ya I saw the photo on twitter. Fuck franken

lol

shit sorry bro didnt see you leafin

nice man. What axes you own? whats your rig comprised of?

we'll kill some commies together someday my fellow leaf unless ur a commie ill fuckin gut you

so, you like quicksilver messenger service instead?
youtube.com/watch?v=D1WnBy4z5Jc

nah I'm no commie but obviously you don't approve of my degenerate taste in music

Quicksilver is awesome too. Dino another great gitfiddler.

This is my axe

TBQH if you like grateful dead you work @ jiffy lube and things are bad.

Great song, literally linked the it in the thread already, deserves a listen

youtube.com/watch?v=hKsxz1xDmZs

not even remotely accurate newfag

crucify novofags

sheeitt didn't even check the links. My apologies. Cant ignore the Airplane either even though grace slick is a stupid cunt. Jorma another of my fave guitar players. youtube.com/watch?v=E9CVLVevm4E

Those pipes tho

Shitty band that I only used to thing was good when I was a degenerate weed smoking drug dealing teenager. I can sort of realize that they are talented musicians but the crowd they attract are absolute commie degenrates strung out on drugs and spreading diseases, Phish is the same. Went to a Phish show a few years after quitting drugs because a friend at the time was a huge fan and realized that this music just doesn't suit me unless I'm smoking weed all day and dropping acid. It at least has a better message than nigger music though.

I just played a set right after jorma a few weeks ago with Jack cassady. Didn't get to meet them though.

Phish sucks period, no amount of drugs will ever change that

ya jack cassady is awesome bassist. I played one of his sig Epiphone models the other week. Nice instrument

lol I like phish. Trey is a good player. Phish is more influenced by zappa in a lot of ways then the dead

you sir get the first round of rations for you and your family!

they never pushed politics on their crowd. After Jerry died, Bob Weir started going to Bohemian Grove.

archive.is/HmzLz

THIS

omg i love the deadheads

going to see dead & co this sunday, can't wait

Every dead head I've ever met has been such an insufferable waste of potential, tin foil hat, drug addicted loser. My best friends brother is a dead head, dudes 34, has a kid he never see's, but "yeah bro, acid opens up your third eye MAAAAN!"
"DON"T FUCKING DISS JERRY OR I"LL FUCK YOU UP BRO!"

Although one thing I'm sure this board will love about them is I haven't met a deadhead who isn't racist.

>john (((mayer)))

Nothing against the deadbeats to which this sort of music appeals to, but I just plain don't like it. Can't stand Jerry's voice

Ya he's a pretentious cunt , a good player but not an original by any means. Just copps SRV chops but his new PRS sig model and amp are nice

Give this a listen and tell me you dont like his voice
youtube.com/watch?v=ia6IE0annEo

can you spot the young tucker?

One of the best bands of all time. Really tried to do their own thing, didn't care about selling records, just about improvisation and great shows!

phish were one of the first, if not the first, bands that tried copping the Dead's vibe, and crowd. Their songs were all shit though.

Old deadhead here. Went on tour with them for 3 years when I was 16. Best experience of my life. I learned a lot about people and how things could be

>I never wet to a Dead show
the parking lot was always full of old jalopies and brand new BMW's

MKULTRA cancer that need to die

Love me some WSP

Totally different fans than the original Heads. Mostly millenials

Damn, had to look that up. Ann was cute back in the day.

Jerry covered one of your fellow leafs, one of my favorites.
youtube.com/watch?v=R6H2a_9wVQw

youtube.com/watch?v=xP0UF_r3dkY
Gordo really rips this one

How I envy those who have not heard this yet.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=V4SqDx1vi4c

youtube.com/watch?v=Z7-TNgz4QPc

Phish was just the next best choice because their fanbase was the closest thing to Deadheads but very different.I have seen the original GD over 35 times and Phish over 35 . Big difference in their fans because of the generation gap

Their music sucks. 'nuff said.

I saw Stevie twice.

I still think she is alright. She's weird looking but in her own beautiful alien like way.

Very nice indeed friend. Thanks.

Mike (((Gordon)))

youtube.com/watch?v=ZY6-kJlxwZc Jerry playing costellos jazzmaster lol

nice. lucky. Seen Jimmie several times

Care to expand on this user? I have heard very bad things about this Grateful death band. No good.

>To be fair a lot of them couldn't afford their tickets and would just storm the gate, maybe pol could learn a thing or two.

That really wasn't a big problem until the summer of '95. Before that, you had to use some fancy footwork to sneak in, like pick up some equipment around back and walk in with the roadies, etc.

Deadhead scene is just for trying acid.

The music sucks unless your tripping balls.
The people are smelly and ugly.

Did that shit in college, then grew up.

Nice.I was at this at Riverbend. Tornado killed about 20 people right up the road while they played