WW2 and Nazi memorabilia thread cont

earlier thread

Other urls found in this thread:

hessenantique.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bumping for great thread

reposting my compass since I posted it after bump limit

Honestly have no idea if it's real or not, got it on an estate sale for 25 dollars.

I own a bunch of shit
Mostly replica
Helmets
Uniforms
Flags
Even a Party Badge

I get it almost all here
hessenantique.com/
Great site

It's hard to tell the authenticity, there is a lot of reproduction items on the market. Do you have a picture of the inside of it?

Yeah, compass doesn't really work, and I don't have the courage to open it up to try to fix it.

Most of my stuff is US WW2 stuff. I have a couple gas masks, bayonets, a knife, a couple uniforms, helmet, and a few other things.

And here's the back

It looks genuine. It is hard to tell though, I'm no expert.

I used to have a pretty huge collection of ww2 items, but unfortunately I sold the majority of my stuff when I was broke and needed money. I had a GI helmet, combat knives, grenades, ammo boxes, gas masks, etc. I really wish I held on to some stuff, especially the helmet.

I am regrowing my collection slowly. Right now I have my eyes on an authentic SS dagger (pic related). It's in pristine condition, but it costs a whopping $3,500.

I'm still waiting for the user with the Wewelsburg paintings to post a timestamp.
Those are genuinely interesting.

Here's the blade. It translates as "My Honor Is Loyalty"

I think he was trolling. If those are real, they would be worth a lot of money.

Stamp looks pretty new

We have one in our family, although it is from Napoleonic War.

Yeah I'm not that zealous about collecting WW2 stuff. I just go to a lot of auctions and stuff and if there's anything interesting for under 50 bucks I try to buy it.

I think most german military gear had a maker's stamp, like "RZM" or another insignia. It might be a prop for a movie.

Still - for $25 it's was a great find

>hessenantique.com/

Is this like the German kommandostore.com or something?

Right on. I've always loved ww2 items, especially Nazi stuff. What's the story with that helmet?

That's way rarer. Does it really say 1813?

Unfortunately for WW2 I only own some Nazi era coins. I'd love to get more Allies and Axis stuff but limited funds. One of those signed Japanese flags would be really interesting. I also just want a bunch of the rifles both sides used.

Pretty sure it's a WW1 US Navy helmet.

I have a uniform that goes with it. Really fucking small though.

It does, if memory serves. Still have the ribbon, too, it was a combatant medal. My father will be sending it to me soon.

Somewhat outdated pic of my ww2 shit

Most likely a forgery. While they did slap that logo on everything, that dial style is only found on Red Army compasses in 1941, the german military issue compasses were completely different.
The case is the same as the ones used for commemorative compasses from the 1936 Olympics, but had a swastika with the Olympic rings over it. And, the compass inside was completely different in style.
I would bet this is a well made forgery, turning a nearly worthless Red Army wrist compass into a desirable piece of Nazi gear.

That is almost certainly a WWI trench helmet, the ridge on the top is what gives it away. This is looking at the back - there should be an embossed seal on the front, that will tell you what country it's from - French, Italian, etc.

Nope. European trench helmet, called an "Adrian helmet", several countries in Europe used them.

i hope that piece of shit bust isn't in your house

Piece of shit? It's pretty skillfully made.

it's literally not

Oh.

Nice police helmet. (the air vent holes give it away. I hope you didn't pay military grade.issue prices for it)

Ww2 museum in Indiana I think. Just wanted to post it.

Okay, good. I hate frauds.