Seriously, what's stopping you guys from seceding?

texas has a right to secede at any given moment

US is a federation. Secession is illegal. Canada, on the other hand...

I'm pretty sure in their constitution, statehood is eternal

They'd get btfo by the US military and most of their population wouldn't support it anyway

Orexit please.

>Secession is illegal. Canada, on the other hand...
This. I don't know why no one is talking about Albertan secession, they get absolutely fleeced to pay for other provinces and they already have economic ties to the US through their pipeline anyway. They could become a state if they wanted to.

>most of their population wouldn't support it anyway
This. Even under fucking Obama most of them didn't want to do it despite the loud whiners, it would be suicide for any state to go it alone

Because only a minority would support it, just like the minority secessionist movements in other states. It's nothing but a pipe dream.

military positioning...

It might be feasible if they didn't border Mexico.

They wouldn't want to. You'd do no more for them than you do Wyoming, the Dakotas etc.

At least in Canada they matter.

>Mexico

no they don't

BIG YANKEE COCK would put them in their place

You're kidding me, right?! When the Tories are in power they're essentially the F'ing seat of power!

>at least in Canada they matter
Ask them if they think they matter to the Quebecois trash

The only feasible scenario in which Texas secedes, would be to rejoin Mexico.

Mexicans now make the majority of Texas and don't even get a nigga started on newborns. To be a Texan, is to be a cuck.

whites are a mejority there, well they count hispanic as white.

the civil war

You're a fucking idiot. Alberta 'matters' because it is a cash cow for the eastern provinces, yet hypocritically the government won't develop vast shale deposits because muh environment, meanwhile the rest of the US midwest is enjoying a shale boom and heading towards energy independence. Albertan using the same railway junctions as states to the south.

Nobody matters to Quebec. They're insular like Texas. You Americans don't get the situation with Quebec...
The last time they made a serious fuss was 22 years ago.

That was because Leafland bribed them, largely with money taken from the midwestern provinces.

Sudanese people are also white according to U.S. census, so I don't give a flying fuck what counts as white in burgerland, a country even Hitler thought was fucking filthy back in the goddamn 1930's.

Jesus fuck I don't know where you're getting this from. Even with as much of a cuck persona as Trudeau puts on, he doesn;t give a shit about the environment when it comes to Albertan oil! If you didn't notice, it was Obama holding up Keystone and when Trump announced it was up again Trudeau was more than happy to revive it. The environmentalists making an issue of the oil sands are the Albertan NDP provincial party in power now. Albertans have only themselves to blame in that case.

you only need 30k men to take control of a government

mussolini did it with 30k, hitler did it with less, lenin did it with a handful of people, napoleon did it with a small army, ceaser too.

its more about timing than it is actual numbers.

Every province pays into the federal allowances. The same as with your federal system. In America they'd just be subsidizing Mississippi, Vermont, Maryland etc.

>Mexico
The wall just grew 5'10. And no Mexicans were seen ever again

To be fair, Caesar had an army.

Doesn't matter if they take control of the Texas government or not, they'd be forced back into the union one way or another. Secession is illegal.

So's your mom.

They know that Constitution be damned the federal govt has only ever had one reaction to secessionists and they don't want that for themselves, not without putting the entire band back together

I want to see the US split into 6 sovereign nations.

Quads and it happens in our lifetime.

One more try.

>7778
nope

Russia has a smaller gdp than Texas.
laughingpleasantwomenofthenight.jpeg

civil war

>state military
the president has the authority to incorporate state armies into the national army, thereby becoming their boss at any given time

When we secede it will be so we can take over the rest of the country as the nation of Texas. We will save what was the USA from breaking apart into multiple nations, saving us from being disolved.

The greatest nation to ever exist will be Texas.

>Yeah, Texas isn't allowed to secede without a constitutional amendment and the ability to secede isn't some magic thing in their state constitution. They can randomly decide to split up their state into 5 new states without congressional approval though, just kind of interesting.

so fucking close lmao

texas is one of the few states that /could/ secede and work as a nation for like a year before everyone invades.
I mean we have our own power grid, lots of agriculture, lots of oil, lots of minerals, lots of water/lakes, and we have ports, our own militia, lots of bases.

but still it's super unreasonable to do it.

There is no procedure to leave the union in the constitution. This is different than it being explicitly forbidden. That said in practice its the same thing, since in order for it to be possible the constitution would need to be amended to allow it, which is the same as if it already said you cant.

surely no unforeseen events will occur in the next 33 years

US has an army. Do states have their armies?

If only California would have gotten in on this action.

Yes

One of the few things Europe got right: a gtfo clause.

Sort of. They have militias aka National Guards which remain somewhat independent, in that the governor of each state can call them up for their own purposes. I'm not sure of whether or to what extent the Federation can override the governor's orders.

i could not imagine our troops are radicalized enough to fire on domestic statemen
plus a huge portion of the military is from tx

i mean look how much propaganda it took us to get into ww2

i mean i can't imagine a military that is barely alright with killing browns that don't even speak english could turn around and march into a recently neighbored state and start blasting away white people

I think it's pretty obvious how you leave. You gotta win unlike the CSA.

The US would probably pull in some other nation's army, preferably a nation that hates Americans but will change their tune quickly for money. Countries help each other out like that from time to time to protect muh international order.

California vs. US Armed Forces

yeah totally seems possible.

Their redneck shithole would collapse within a month without DC gibs, that's what stopping them.

The US Armed Forces.

Now fuck off.

new Sup Forums plan, we are going to steal alberta from you faggots

zoom the map in, it's pretty easy to see why

I don't think they'd have the same earnings potential without free trading neighbors(aside from mexico)

>Secession is illegal
so was secession in the USSR, paper no stoppey bullets.

texas, california and new york

Hurrr wuts stopping CA from seceding since secession is based on GDP durrr -OP (a faggot)

Ask Georgia and Carolinas for what happens next.

>people STILL think you need your entire population's support to do anything

KEK

only 7% of germans were Nazis.Let that sink in.

while often enough a crappy thing, that is a redeeming quality of the 2 party system, most leaders do genuinely get the majority of voters.
even if the popular vote doesnt always win, it's at least very very close

majority rule is not a good thing m8 -- nazis were democratically elected

they actually can't
they can however split up into 5 new states.

Precedent set by the civil war
But if Cali successfully succeeds then that precedent is destroyed
Succession for a long time was not codified in any US law, since you know, common law
After the civil war its still on shaky ground since the vernacular used in many if not all civil war agreements where under military duress (ie capitulation) and in many cases nonexistant except for precedent only in the fact Dixie lost the civil war.

But if Cali manages it then that precedent is gone and the previous agreements no longer hold weight.

Wrong. It is not illegal for Texas, which had statehood prior to entry into the Union.

>Nazis were bad

Doesn't matter if he has "the authority" if the State armies don't obey, and good luck getting the support to wage a war against your own people in this day and age, especially with the number of southerners in the US military.

>Seriously, what's stopping you guys from seceding?
Please don't. NYfag here. We need Texas to balance out the liberal cucks from blue states like mine. Keep this country red!

Pic related: it's the only possible future of a Dem-controlled country.

I know: these people have a strange kind of faith in their parchment-barriers; the reality is you may arm yourself in parchment to the teeth, but it will not matter if all the power is on the other side (something dumb and compromising "conservatives" need to get into their idiot heads).

If Texas did succeed right now, the US army would disobey orders not wanting to attack innocent Texans and all US army perssonnel in Texas would probably repatriate to where they came from and Texan soldiers deported.
If it happened nowadays it would be much different due to how unwilling the US army is to follow government orders. This is coming from someone with hands on experience. The US military is basically its own governing body, and it hates listening to anyone but itself.

They won't because the people of Alberta like having cheap healthcare.

You think the modern US population or its international allies have the stomach for this kind of total-war barbarity in this day and age? Their afraid to even use such methods against people on the other side of the world; good luck finding violent (but tough) barbarians like Sherman and Grant among northern liberals these days

Just the thought of it is hilarious.

Myth. Secession is explicitly banned by the Supreme Court

>california gpd
so the hate against cali is just envy right

What about a state like Montana that has provisions in its constitution that if the 2nd amendment gets messed with they will nullify their relationship with the US? Anyone think this would happen?

Oh noes, the Supreme Court! No one cares what 9 wankers have to say about the matter. The post civil war consensus is completely illegitimate regardless because it came about by invading and conquering and subjugating and colonizing the defeated States--was not much different to Cromwell's subjugation of Ireland, and will not last unless Dems can flood these States with enough foreigners so as to effectively dissolve their existence as a cultural-historical force (the only one consistently opposed to the interests of finance and of mass democratic sentiment, the best thing that ever came out of the United States, and where all its best men--with the exception of the elder Adams--came from).

hitler had 43.91% of vote in elections

Idaho has same GDP

>Texas will never split itself into five states and dominate the Senate

they like president Trump you idiot

Don't see why that wouldn't be justified unless the 2nd Amendment was tampered with through Amendment process--any other breach of the 2nd Amendment is, by definition, the Federal government abridging the rights of its citizens and becoming tyrannical, something all the founders (except Hamilton, the Empire-loving prick) considered grounds for State defiance

The US

Texas fag here.

1. We like money

2. Our guy is president.

Thats about it right now. If hillary had won we probably would have sooner seceded than accept refugees. Even the utter worst trash beaners heres hate niggers and they hate mudslimes even worse. mudslimes are a problem in mexico due to ISIL infiltration attempts and drug trafficker partnerships. They would never allow the refugees to come here they fled their own shit countries to get away from.

But yea don't think we wouldn't do it. We are forming our own military and gold reserve at the moment "just in case". I hope the day never comes that it needs to be done but it can be if it has to be.

If Texas secedes then you know America is over.

t. nycfag

It was once considered a possibility around the time Texas rejoined the union but today is just as much a pipe dream as california seceding. Back then the proposition from Texas officials was that they held the right to secede if the Union post Civil War did not fit the bill of a proper government (it's corrupt as shit or the capital is on fire). The response was that doing so would be considered an act of war against the Union, and there were talks of peaceful secession taking place in the form of 5 sovereign nations. However this was all in the past and as Justice Scalia pointed out we are "one Nation, indivisible."
almost correct.

I would bet every penny I own that these projections are completely wrong.
Pretending hypothetical graphs are any kind of proof or argument is hilarious to me.

Ths US army.

Look at what happened to the last guys that wanted to secede.