Kentucky signs bill allowing the Bible to be taught as a curriculum in public schools

wdrb.com/story/35761799/gov-matt-bevin-publicly-signs-bill-allowing-kentuckys-public-schools-to-teach-the-bible

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=avep_1vbUOA
youtube.com/watch?v=Sy95hbGiBmI
youtube.com/watch?v=uRBQChfFTYw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good.

This is fucking bad, there is separation of church and state for a reason.

This country is truly doomed. What a fucking disgrace.

Fucking this
t. baptist

Good. Atheism is just about being edgy anyway.

2 years ago, I would have disagreed with this....but now....anything to end the degeneracy.

Islam is degenerate before anyone suggests Qur'an.

Good on them

Fags like thishave no understanding what separation of church and state means

Teaching children science and readings from the bible and then letting them decide what they believe as a fully grown individual is perfectly fine.

>Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

good!

>separation of church and state means that a public school cannot teach elective religious classes

t. retard.

yeah but not synagogue and state for some reason.... hmmm really makes me THINKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

This has nothing to do with separation of church and state you fucking retard.

>no understanding what separation of church and state means
It means the government can't favor on religion over the other. It doesn't just mean they can't install a state religion. So this is unconstitutional.

The left should have thought of that and upheld that before they allowed schools to teach mohamedism.

>children need to be gas lighted with contradictory material

Good!

>Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

No, it means that no government can make no law abridging the peoples rights to express their religion. Ever heard of catholic schools dipshit? If the people vote for it then it's their right to do so

>Staple of western civilization
>Not already a mandatory part of curriculum
If you are a Bible skeptic I recommend watching Jordan Peterson's lecture on its psychological significance.

>Government can make no law

fixed

It depends how they teach it tbqh

If its done in a way that isnt proselytizing, then I see issue.

GOOD
REPENT OR FACE HELL FAGS
the usa needs religion now more than ever. I Hope this works.

See no issue

Right, and that's what I said. This law respects one religion over another. That said, one can pray in school. Can't stop students from doing that. But the school system is part of the government and cannot have Bible classes without having classes for every other religion as well.

l o w c h u r c h
r e t a r d s
a r e n ' t
h u m a n

Atheism was once simply lacking belief in a higher power. Now, it's autistic screeching if someone so much as brings up God and Jesus. I don't hate atheists, I don't even dislike them. I hate nihilist douchers who have to put someone down for their beliefs at any given opportunity. Unfortunately those people and atheists have meshed together in recent years. In the modern era, the average atheist looks and sounds a little something like one of these:
youtube.com/watch?v=avep_1vbUOA
youtube.com/watch?v=Sy95hbGiBmI

>Ever heard of catholic schools dipshit?
Yes, they are private school. We're talking about public schools here. And the public school system just made a law respecting one religion over the others. Which is blatantly unconstitutional.

What is the first word of the above paragraph?

>tfw when your thomas Jefferson debating the issue and agreeing, thinking everyone will still go to church and making this point stick to prevent christian religious wars that plagued europe 100 years ago.
Never occurred to him this would apply to muslims, jews, wiccans, buddhist, and scientist.

>Can a grown man live in a whales stomach?
>No
>wrong! you failed your test

Congress. They made the public school system. If this creation of Congress then forces a religion above others, it is in violation.

Score one for Jesus Christ.

Buttmad Fedora atheist incoming.

Yes exactly it's public, which means you don't have to take your kid there, and second the government has no right to obstruct peoples expression of religious freedom

Good

How bout instead of wasting time with that crap, they teach them something useful, like coding?

amen.

Hope it's real Christianity and not the Cucked suck on Israel dick Christianity

the king james bible is the single most important influence on the english language second only to shakespeare, so it should be taught in school

>separation of church and state
Not in the constitution

Do I expect any less from King Turkey?

And the people have the right to live and express their freedom as they choose without the government telling them what to believe in. Kentucky has every right to do what they did

What specific act of congress created the public school system?

>muh dik

Also, all states follow the same guideline in their own constitutions. There is no way around it.

I read the Bible cover to cover earlier this year. It was pretty insightful as far as geopolitics go.

When they say teaching the Bible do they mean literally teaching the Bible like one does a history book or epic poem or do they mean indoctrinating people into Christianity?

>faggot who sticks his penis in a hole filled with poop, spreads aids, and gets his butthole filled with dicks calling it "love"
>saying bible will ruin country

>strawmanning this hard

I'll drop that argument and use this one since it's much more straight forward

SO POINT OUT THE PART WHERE THE PEOPLE ARE COMPELLED AND FORCED TO ATTEND THE SCHOOL

>How bout instead of wasting time with that crap,
why not cut out all of the humanist bullshit instead?

>not knowing what a strawman is
What argument was I pretending he was making that he wasn't?

What a massive display of faggotry.

I at least hope they teach the children that Lucifer and Satan are separate beings and that Lucifer dindu nuffin.

>indoctrinating
Christianity is passed down patrilineally, so chances are most in the United States have been Christian since the moment of in utero conception, user.

they pay taxes for it.

>SO POINT OUT THE PART WHERE THE PEOPLE ARE COMPELLED AND FORCED TO ATTEND THE SCHOOL
Irrelevant. The public school is the arm of the government. A law was just signed respecting one religion over others. It is unconstitutional.

not an argument

KORANS ONLY!!!

In the beginning of the country, the bible was A REQUIRED SCHOOLBOOK and you had to learn Hebrew, Latin and Greek SO THAT YOU COULD READ THE BIBLE.

God bless states rights. Fuck the federal government.

>there is separation of church and state

No there's not. No where in the Constitution is that phrase used. It came from a letter from Thomas Jefferson who said:

>>I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church & State.

So long as the class is optional, IE, you aren't forced by law to read the bible, there's nothing wrong with it.

Laws which ban the bible from being taught in school also violate the separation of church and state mantra, but you never hear anyone crying about that injustice.

>One city in Kentucky

This is true. That said, people tend to go to church to learn about Christianity in a practicing sense, not public school.

So again I'm asking in what sense the Bible will be taught in public school.

The Koran is irrelevant for American history

AND
THE
PEOPLE
VOTED
FOR
IT

This isn't a fucking dictatorship you retarded homos, the people spoke and this is what they wanted, if they didn't they wouldn't have voted for it to fucking begin with and if they don't like it they can fight against it if they choose and repeal it. God you fucking faggots are retarded. No one is being forced here or compelled without reason to accept it, it just what the people wanted and they have no problem with it, but some faggot who doesn't even live there has a problem with it?

Now post the crime rate, my nigga.

The what does separation of church and state mean? State funding is going to teaching these religious teachings and not even from a historic perspective, 100% teachings from the Bible being given out as fact on the governments dollar, sounds like a church and state love child if you ask me

Americans dont have Catholicism/Protestantism as a subject in school?
I had it for 13 years and the bible was used all the time ofcourse.

American history is being erased. It may not have mattered in reality, beyond the Barbary Wars, but your children will learn otherwise.

Excellent

Many of the founding fathers were deists and compulsory Prussian schooling didn't exist(and shouldn't). Do you have a sauce on this?

kys

>Chinese school
"Xin Xan Xong you got one of your math test's answers wrong, shame on you and your family!, you will never be a doctor you will be a drag on our glorious republic"
> American school
" so kids as the bible says all you need to do is believe in jesus christ and be nice to your neighbors :) "
This is how empires fall

You seem mad. Do you have trouble following dialogues? If the people want it, then more power to them. They're going to have to change their constitution for it to not be unconstitutional. I'm simply pointing that out, and you're sperging out like a sjw.

You have to go to a parochial school for that here. In public school you only learn about Christianity from a historical perspective.

Mark my words, this opens the door for muslims to do the same shit. Just watch.

Better than kids learning how to kiss one another and mutilating their genitals.

Where does it say they cant use the bible?

Thank God the church still opposes science.

youtube.com/watch?v=uRBQChfFTYw

This is terrible, now leftists can say "hurr well if the bible can be taught in school than so can the koran" please for the love of god no. Keep it all out

There are already Islam studies courses in public universities. I don't see it as a problem as long as everyone gets a fair shake at the hearts and minds.

How are they going to gain control of a state?

People are forced to attend school. Most can't afford private and don't have the time for home school. Yes they are forced into his crap in most circumstances.

One nation under god my ass lol.
Every school has that here pretty much.

Probably not going to happen in Kentucky.

t. born in Kentucky

FPBP
You just earned yourself a 9mm luger bullet

Do I expect any less from King Turkey?

Many atheists reject religion because it gets imposed on them and they aren't allowed to question it. I used to think similar to this and was the full blown edgelord your talking about. I've grown up and seen the importance for spirituality and a moral compass in people's lives though. 2bh most atheists are just chill agnostics.

Leave it to christcucks to make the right look like shit.
I guess we need this indoctrination so the next generation will fight for israel.

Non Christians will be kicked out of our Christian Fascist state or will get hellfire.

I'm conflicted I mean the Golden Rule is fine. But when you got a talking snake,a Zombie. An invisible man who lives in the sky? I guess it's better than Islam but it is still brainwashing.

T George Carlin.

Christians promote circumcision like the plague.

Good news.

>because it gets imposed on them and they aren't allowed to question it.
I think you are thinking about humanism

Are you aware that there has been a years' long sperg-out over the "under God" part of our pledge and whether it is compulsory in public schools?

American education is a clusterfuck because of shit like this. Can't see the forest because of the trees and all that.

"The bill's sponsor says students need to understand the role the Bible played in American history."

"The bill, which easily passed the House and Senate, gives local school boards the option of developing a Bible literacy class as part of their social studies curriculum. The course would be elective, not required."

For fuck's sake, the Bible played a big role in our nation's history. It's not even required, from what the article says. I'm fine with it, personally, I think it's a pretty good idea, as long as it doesn't go into preaching.

>So again I'm asking in what sense the Bible will be taught in public school.

I read the bible in highschool about 10 years ago in a public school. We studied the structure/psalms/etc from a writing perspective, that's it. At no point was anything promoted. It was treated like any other book and wasn't "preached" as it is in a church.

Only whiny atheist fags lose their shit over the idea of the bible, religion or anything tied to it being discussed or present in public.

I've met maybe one atheist in my life who actually studied religion, knew the bible better than most christians and was cool and non-judgemental to religious folks. One atheist I genuinely respected.

The rest of you are often ignorant, biggoted, fedora edgelords who want everything outside a house or church to be a religion-free safe space because of "muh-anti-science-free-thinking-whatever".