L
S

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2008/05/09/us/08cnd-mine.html
unvis.it/www.nytimes.com/2008/05/09/us/08cnd-mine.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_defamation_law#Defamation_per_se
arlweb.msha.gov/fatals/2007/CrandallCanyon/FTL07CrandallCanyon.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Did the old snowflake get his feefees hurt?

It's about time somebody did something about that limey fuck

god I hate that holier-than-thou faggot

post the link?

any hope he returns to England to experience personally the enrichment?

God, I hope this cancer will have to pay like 50 milion, so he hangs himself.

Shame the coal, pay the toll.

Nice

Anyone got the gif of Hogan smashing gawker media?

Holy digits confirm Oliver is a holier than thou faggot.

YOU CANT PUNISH ME! IM SMUG AND LIBERAL AND IT'S THE YEAR 2017!

Fitting

Oliver is done

>several of the companies technically suing Oliver are based
Yes. Yes they are

You guys don't seriously believe he'll be convicted, right? There's no greater closing argument than "Come on, it's the current year!".

requesting this too

my god he has the most punchable face.

>n-no bully

Civil suit, not criminal. The danger to Ollie here is how much they wind up being sued for, which will absolutely be above 7 figures, maybe even above 8 figures and HBO will be made liable too. If it's too costly to produce his shitty show cause of legal dangers, they'll cancel it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
*breathes deeply*
AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Hi nu-Sup Forums

he made fun of soviet soldiers rescuing jews from concentration camps. hes evil person.

Hi hypocrite.

lol at the media, first they said it was nothing to worry about, now its a nightmare. I guess they just print whatever shit opinion they have as though it were objective truth (journalism school tactic), and then retract it later, or not, nobody reads their shit or remembers or cares anyway.

On what legal ground are they even doing this?

Yeah, fuck anti-defamation laws.

Love this text-based meme!

Keep it up memer ;)

Libel. It's mostly based on Oliver saying that a mine collapsed for reasons other than an earthquake, which was backed up by a government study. The old guy is mad because it goes against the earthquake that takes the blame off him.

Defamation. Oliver implied miners' deaths were a result of the owner's negligence or incompetence, when in reality he was in compliance with the standards and it was an earthquake that caused the collapse.

Oliver also left out all the work the owner did to rescue the miners.

it's about time i'm surprised it took you yanks this long to nut up after having this bongo scold you every night on the tee vee

Just post a laughing pick you fucking Tumblrite cunt

Okay, that's completely fucked, yeah, but I doubt a judge is gonna give a shit.

Is he Jewish?

>raked over the coals

I always thought it was "raped over the coals". Dunno why.

SHOO SHOO SLIMEY LIMEY

Holy shit, this is everything I've ever wanted

Can't wait til this case sets a trend.
>richfags sue the MSM into a billion pieces

YOU FAGS GOOGLE THE COMPANY NAME
>Murray Energy Corporation
AND GIVE IT A 5 STAR REVIEW,
THE LIBTARDS ARE GIVING IT A 1

You'd be surprised. I can't find the link to the article OP took screencap from, but a majority of the article delineates state law from federal law.

Hogan's case was thrown out in federal court, but it was prosecuted at a late date in Florida court, with the ruling never being overturned. This case is going to be heard in Virginia’s court system, so there may be a ruling against Oliver.

This seems like exactly the kind of thing a smart executive producer or head writer would catch and have omitted from the script.

I guess you get what you pay for when (((HBO))) is producing your show.

Freedom of speech works both ways. If Fox and right wing talk radio has been allowed to propogandize and lie for years then the same standard has to be applied for everyone else.

Freedom of speech means freedom of speech, whether you agree with what's been said or not.

Holy shit, this guy is meme worthy

The judge would have the nation breathing down his fucking neck, and libel is always a murky territory in this stuff. He could set some precedents that the right REALLY does't want.

Like, how long until Alex Jones starts getting sued by the parents of Sandy Hook for claiming their children dying was a hoax?

>burn the coal
>pay the toll
no exceptions.

>somebody caring about the Yelp reviews of a coal mining company
Who gives a shit.

bretty gud

I suppose that's true. I'm hoping this doesn't go through redardless, because then a LOT of shit is gonna start being labeled as libel.

This fuckhead got people killed. John is a spineless smug cunt, but this guy deserves all the hell anyone can give him.

putting some cakes in the oven

>urge to burn witch intesifies

>in reality he was in compliance with the standards and it was an earthquake that caused the collapse.

>The general manager and possibly other senior staff at the Crandall Canyon Mine near Huntington, Utah, where 9 miners died in August 2007, hid information from federal mining officials that could have prevented the disaster and should face criminal charges, according to a Congressional investigation whose results were released Thursday.

>The report also said that the mining company should never have submitted a request to remove coal from the section of mine where the collapse occurred, and that federal mining officials should not have approved the proposal, because of foreseeable dangers. “It is quite possible that, had Mine Safety and Health Administration known the full severity of the March bump, M.S.H.A. would not have approved the subsequent development and retreat mining of the South Barrier,” the report said.

>The deaths were avoidable, the 150-page report said, because five months before the August disaster in the north section of the mine, a similar collapse had occurred in a southern section, offering clear “red flags” indicating that the mine was unstable. Rather than informing federal mining officials about the March collapse, the report said, the mine operator cleaned up the site and went on with work in a nearby section.

nytimes.com/2008/05/09/us/08cnd-mine.html

Everyone does. I want to pull his goddamn ugly british teeth out of his rodent like head.

once they exist.

Archived unvis.it/www.nytimes.com/2008/05/09/us/08cnd-mine.html

You realize there are slander and libel laws, correct?

>New York Times
INTO
THE
FUCKING
TRASH

Is there something in the fucking snow up there that makes all of you niggers retarded? The fucking Somalian immigrants raping your babies can gibber out more coherent sentences in their lust-fueled screams than any of you fucking leaf fucks.

checked

and checked

kek blesses this thread.

It's kind of a non-spoken agreement that trying to use them isn't a great idea.

pol doesn't care about free speech. you are just as bad as muslims. freedom of speech should be the freedom to say ANYTHING YOU WANT without legal ramification

those digits dear god!

If only we had laws allowing us to execute hook nosed jews like this who come to a country berate its people and sew division or race bait like the sneaky rat fucks they are.

Do you guys actually think he will go through with the suit though? I think he's threatened like 9 others and never went to court.

You keep saying libel, which has not been mentioned. Libel is not the only type of defamation:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_defamation_law#Defamation_per_se
>Statements are defamatory per se where they falsely impute to the plaintiff one or more of the following things:[2]

>Allegations or imputations "injurious to another in their trade, business, or profession"

That's pretty much on the nose what Oliver did.

Hey dipshit, you're welcome to read the actual report

arlweb.msha.gov/fatals/2007/CrandallCanyon/FTL07CrandallCanyon.pdf

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Alex Jones can technically sue him too.

I'm using it as a catch-all

My point is, if this goes through, it's gonna end up backfiring on EVERYONE and just broaden the shutdowns on "hate speech"

>Statements are defamatory per se where they falsely impute to the plaintiff one or more of the following things
>defamatory per se where they falsely impute
>falsely

> Virginians about to beat the shit out of one last Brit.

No. Just another Ugly Anglo scumbag

> propogandize
Nice proxy. Your fake flag goes nicely with your fake "eye for an eye" argument.

Jon Oliver is completely in the right here as was gawker in a weird way compliant with fair use, however, unlike gawker you can't pin anything malicious and get people riled up about privacy and morals.

Sorry folks, he's done literally nothing wrong and this is just a shakedown to get HBO to settle for less than their drawn out legal bills would amount to, shame.

WE NEED TO SUPPORT THIS MAN FULLY SO HE WINS

HOW CAN YOU AMERICANS LET A FUCKING LIMEY LECTURE YOU ON WHY YOU SHOULD JUST ROLL OVER AND DIE?

hes not going to jail you dumb fucking nigger.

it is a civil suit.

Specifically, libel is not covered. But if all he's done is repeat what a federal report has said, I doubt that applies.

Oliver is a cunt, but this is still stupid

>sorry folks

fuck off shill, you don't blend in

>implying HBO suffering is a bad thing

Have a (You)

Busting a massive nut while wiping away my tears of pure unadulterated joy and laughter.

Checked toothpaste

This

So is this going to be tried under a West Virginian court or federal? If the former, he's fucked ahahahaahahahahahahaha

NICE GET

GET FUCKED CURRENT YEAR MAN

WV court

Limey man is fucked

If you don't have John's back your worthless. "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it to the death." Just because he's a liberal POS, doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to expose truthful information about a faggot ass coal titan. Talk about hypocrisy.

Yep. You proved you are literate, congrats.

I can kind of see that, but you can't just make false accusations about people without any ramifications. This goes past just stating an opinion and actually making an accusation.

Niiiiiiice

>federal mining officials should not have approved the proposal
How exactly is that the owners fault? Isn't that a failure of government oversight?

that'd be amazing

2 scoops taken out of his shilling arse

Can we make it a hat-trick? Go on Trump, finish him off.

Right, and what did Oliver say that is able to be verified as false?

Press S to spit on grave

Yes, except the mining company did not provide key information for the government to make an informed decision.

No, we don't fucking want him. He's a massive wanker.