Zaregoto Anime confirmed

Zachary Cooper
Zachary Cooper

So, I remember many anons here on Sup Forums really wanted this to get animated for a long time, should I get hyped? Liked the Monogatari series, but the synopsis for this sounds much better.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-05/nisioisin-zaregoto-novels-launch-anime-project/.101810

I apologize if this announcement has already been discussed to death.

All urls found in this thread:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-05/nisioisin-zaregoto-novels-launch-anime-project/.101810
http://www.zaregoto-series.com/
http://imgur.com/gallery/iVBmN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCbXNdohF-4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1LePreDGiA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utOogyOLYGU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlPxDmG4VHE
http://shaft-web.co.jp/recruit3.html
http://zaregoto.ftp.sh/
http://www.suiminchuudoku.net/tl/index.php?title=Zaregoto
Jose Butler
Jose Butler

Animated by ?

The ANN article is rather sparse with details.

Carson Stewart
Carson Stewart

SHAFT, apparently. No big surprise, though it could take a while seeing how many projects they have at their hands right now.

Ryder Wright
Ryder Wright

I hope it's anyone but SHAFT.

Aiden Wilson
Aiden Wilson

We've talked about it already. I, for one, am scared. Fucking scared. Zaregoto is NisiOisin's true masterpiece and the hardest work to adapt to anime medium. So many things can go wrong, not just from the anime studio's side, but fan translations of the anime as well since localized translation is going to be extremely shitty approach.

Adam Hall
Adam Hall

Jesus Christ this is gonna be amazing, fuck the doubters and trust in SHAFT.

Jaxon Johnson
Jaxon Johnson

You might want to traverse to a parallel universe then

Oliver Taylor
Oliver Taylor

Best anime of 21st century before it's even out.

I can't even describe how huge this is. It's bigger than something like Haruhi S3 would be.

Jason Brooks
Jason Brooks

fan translations of the anime as well since localized translation is going to be extremely shitty approach.
At least Aniplex will save us by not translating half of it

Jordan Howard
Jordan Howard

Maybe, if Haruhi wasn't more successful and popular around the globe, sure.

Tyler Wright
Tyler Wright

I only have to look at Katanagatari to see that other studios can handle Nisio better than SHAFT ever could.

Parker Hughes
Parker Hughes

tomo a qt

Samuel Cruz
Samuel Cruz

A glance at the synopsis tells me it's the exact same cut of tripe as Medagotari.

Michael Morris
Michael Morris

every girl is the best in zaregoto,

Parker Nelson
Parker Nelson

why are shilling ANN? Just post a screencap of the official page and link that, not like they offer any additional insight.

Aiden Howard
Aiden Howard

SHAFT are the masters of too much exposition through dialogue. Zaregoto is much heavier than Monogatari. The direction this will take will pretty much be Bake 2.0, which is sad since exposition through dialogue is one of the laziest storytelling techniques. This deserves much better.

Nathaniel Long
Nathaniel Long

If you need some faceless drone to tell you whether to be interested in something or not you're probably not that interested in the first place and never will be truly

David Robinson
David Robinson

I really truly think it doesn't matter with the kind of fans this guy has. Just make sure to get the fanservice right and there fanaticism will take care of the rest

Lincoln Reyes
Lincoln Reyes

Yeah but this has hipster cred so therefore things and such

Aaron Adams
Aaron Adams

Pretty much but that's what's popular now. Beats trying to put effort into animating things and is far more lucrative at that. Anime is animation in name only now anyway, its really only 10% of what matters at most well after charafter design and brand recognition which this will have more than covered for the sorts of people that still buy or think anime has any merit

Henry Carter
Henry Carter

I don't think it"ll be too bad, they handled Kizu pretty well.

Kayden Rivera
Kayden Rivera

It's more trippy and eccentric as hell even when compared to Monogatari. Lots of characters have odd, made up, or unique as ways use of pronouns, phrases, and speech patterns. The current fan translation out provide very helpful footnotes when it's appropriate, but even that barely passes the minimum to understand the meaning and what they should sound/act like. I doubt the anime will have that, so it's going to be even harder or just impossible. Most aren't just going to be translated, there's no way around it other than that.

Christian Lopez
Christian Lopez

Shaft's lineup gets more and more interesting.

Robert Bennett
Robert Bennett

Sounds annoying as shit and like it'll be popular on Sup Forums and MAL

Ayden Brooks
Ayden Brooks

Lots of characters have odd, made up, or unique as ways use of pronouns, phrases, and speech patterns.
Like every LN ever.

Carson Hughes
Carson Hughes

I guess SHAFT's Nisio Isin Project really is gonna adapt EVERYTHING by the guy, huh?

Not too familiar with Zaregoto besides it being one of the things LNfags really really wanted.

Asher Jones
Asher Jones

annoying
Only if you can't into moe.

Owen Watson
Owen Watson

Shaft will adapt take's artstlye perfectly

I'm ready.

Nathan Morgan
Nathan Morgan

EOP ruining shit again.

Anime is a mistake.

John Lopez
John Lopez

Muh show not tell

fuck off

Colton Williams
Colton Williams

Is this real? Am I being trolled? I am literally crying right now if this is real.

Jaxson Allen
Jaxson Allen

Use an audiovisual medium as if it was a book.

It's like pressing X to Jason.

Levi Mitchell
Levi Mitchell

Theres a news link in the OP you big baby. Its as real as the love for your waifu

Nathan Gomez
Nathan Gomez

Crying because SHAFT and EOP will ruin this right?

Ryan Wood
Ryan Wood

3 full series
1 being backed by Type Moon

Ya im soooooo worried

Alexander Morris
Alexander Morris

I actually couldn't care less. If they make it past volume 5 I will be the happiest man alive.

Carter Ward
Carter Ward

I like how this is somehow Shaft's fault that Nisio literally writes walls of text

Oliver Collins
Oliver Collins

filename
So is this actually another harem?

Angel Diaz
Angel Diaz

mfw EOP think fan''''''translation''''''' in anyway represent the true quality of the book.

Loving
Every
Laugh.

Dylan Martin
Dylan Martin

Half of those are dead in the volume they are introduced.

Alexander Gutierrez
Alexander Gutierrez

And suddenly it's also available digitally. Why am I not surprised?

On the other hand, if the anime becomes a success, will this somehow improve the chances for the English localization to be continued?

Leo Barnes
Leo Barnes

Who own the right?

Fuck del rey.

Julian Adams
Julian Adams

Did I say that? I know that by reading only the English fan translations or the localized ones I'm probably missing on Nisio's true genius, but I'm happy with what I get and Zaregoto still managed to become my favorite Light Novel.

Caleb Sanders
Caleb Sanders

What a fresh meme.

Nathaniel Martinez
Nathaniel Martinez

Del Rey's successor, I'd say? Kodansha Comics USA.
But I think they haven't released a single LN, so the chances are probably next to nothing.

Jack Cruz
Jack Cruz

So is it one as the user implies by calling it "god tier harem" or a joke? Because even if they die they can still be haremettes before they bite it. Or hell even in a flashback.

Gabriel Martin
Gabriel Martin

If I'm not mistaken, every story is kind of like Katanagatari last episode, right?

Nathan Baker
Nathan Baker

I don't think anyone has it

Camden Morris
Camden Morris

The blue girl is the main love interest.
The red one is the teasing onee-san.
The girl with yellow ribbon hang around Ii-chan when he crossdress.
The red girl on the bottom is yandere.
The one that smoking something is a house mate.
The guy on the bottom is his soul mate.

I don't know about the rest.

That's lame.

How's Kizu translation anyway? Is it decent?

Henry Smith
Henry Smith

Kizu
Yeah, it's pretty good.

Carson Richardson
Carson Richardson

it's also available digitally
Not full adaptation confirmed.

Robert Perez
Robert Perez

it's not an harem: mc date no girls and the only one really close to him, blue, he hate her

Nolan Robinson
Nolan Robinson

He hates Kunagisa? Is that confirmed in the later novels? Elaborate. Spoilers, pls.

Jackson Lewis
Jackson Lewis

it's basically the point of novel 4 and 5

William Peterson
William Peterson

Time to reread, then.

Chase Phillips
Chase Phillips

""You actually hate Kunagisa Tomo, don't you?"
Utsurigi -- Utsurigi Gaisuke, suddenly, without any forewarning or prefacing, as if it were the most natural of natural things in the world, without one bit of wavering or holding back, without a moment of hesitation or a trace of mercy, yet without any sense of pressure or any sense of accusation, as if admiring and disdaining, as slick and smoothly as if he were saying the most obvious of the obvious, asked.
I answered.
"I don't know."
"

Daniel Wright
Daniel Wright

It has no haremshit but it has shounenshit.
Disappointment.

Angel Barnes
Angel Barnes

Are there any drama cds for this to get an idea of the casting or should I just expect Chiwa to voice everyone?

Adam Martin
Adam Martin

Ebin.

Xavier Gray
Xavier Gray

shonenshit
not really, it's a closed murder mistery series
featuring Nonsene

Daniel Price
Daniel Price

Boku-sama-chan is best girl and mai waifu.

James Nguyen
James Nguyen

Last translation for this was October 2014
Check just to make myself feel bad about it being dead
Updated slightly in January and March of 2016
Why didn't any of you faggots tell me?

Christian Gonzalez
Christian Gonzalez

No, my dear freind

Ryan Hernandez
Ryan Hernandez

I wait when every book is translated before reading it

Justin Rogers
Justin Rogers

It just alaws seems so unnatural to me when an anime have a diverse cast of attractive characters but there's nothing going on between them.

Carter Peterson
Carter Peterson

Shaft is best studio at character design so itd be amazing to be animated by them.

Jacob Baker
Jacob Baker

EOP

Bentley Miller
Bentley Miller

Because they are fucking dead by the end of the volume.

All the flag are crushed, shit has 100% casualty rate yo.

Brayden Murphy
Brayden Murphy

they don't appear together
I don't even remember if Juna and Tomo ever spoke, at least in the first 5 novels
true

Leo Hernandez
Leo Hernandez

Alright then.

Angel Moore
Angel Moore

Jun is at Kunagisa's house at the end of volume 2 and they are good pals.

Kayden Anderson
Kayden Anderson

I mean onscreen

Ethan Thompson
Ethan Thompson

I like how Nisio admitted to killing his favorite character. She my favorite too.
RIP long-hair school girl sumurai. Killed by worst girl, too.

Wonder if that one Pixiv guy still does Zaregoto stuff. His art for it looked really good. Can't remember his name but he did stuff like this, minus the translation.

Robert Miller
Robert Miller

Because they are fucking dead by the end of the volume.

Jaxson Campbell
Jaxson Campbell

Volume 2's last scene is Ii visiting Kunagisa's house and Jun is literally sitting next to Kunagisa.

Luis Torres
Luis Torres

I'm actually surprised this announcement didn't get a sticky with 1000 replies. This is one of those "absolutely and completely impossible announcements" that actually became true.

Isaac Scott
Isaac Scott

So it doesn't even have one or two MCs through several volumes?

Jaxson Walker
Jaxson Walker

Is that spoiler about Ii-chan's housemate?

Jason Sullivan
Jason Sullivan

The MC, Ii, survives until the end. Jun is also present or alive in most volumes, Kunagisa too, and then Hime-chan as well.

Cameron Rogers
Cameron Rogers

How's Kizu translation anyway? Is it decent?
Yeah, way better than Aniplex with the anime.

Evan Hill
Evan Hill

you are right, i completly forget
Zaregoto has only one mc, Iichan
Ningen has various Zerozaki
I guess Jun is the Mc of her novel

Camden Torres
Camden Torres

EOP
Knowing shit about this.

Landon Rogers
Landon Rogers

Ii-chan, Blue, and Red survived.

Matthew Sullivan
Matthew Sullivan

Shame vofan didnt do the art for zaregoto

Jason Reyes
Jason Reyes

Zaregoto's been given too much false hope.
Official translation! That got to be two volumes
Fan translation! That died and can only recently be barely considered alive
Manga! But spinoff only ones and no translations for even those
Not to mention faggot mods deleting LN threads.

Nah, that's like the final boss or something. It's hardly even a spoiler because by the time you meet her it's pretty obvious.

Robert Thompson
Robert Thompson

himechan
not the same person
zaregoto was never that popular compared to monogatari, and kizu didnt even get a sticky
there is a zaregoto manga?

Chase Roberts
Chase Roberts

Nigger please. Variety is good.

Both vofan and take have that "hipster-artsy" quality to their art anyhow.

Jose White
Jose White

not the same person
What do you mean?

Ryder Taylor
Ryder Taylor

no memory

Gavin Jones
Gavin Jones

That would mean they'd have to come up with new designs

Ian Wood
Ian Wood

I glad it didn't. Unnecessary attention and hype from just being popular would be harmful than good. It's better to keep this among people who are actual fans.

Adam Thomas
Adam Thomas

im just saying because monogatari char design is incredibly good

Landon Roberts
Landon Roberts

What a naive child.

When the animation finally started the thread will turn into circlejerking generalshit, because it's both Nisioshit and SHAFTshit.

The thread will be worse than Yahari.

Noah Morris
Noah Morris

I'm pretty sure there's only like five people here who read Zaregoto

Jaxon Mitchell
Jaxon Mitchell

There are actually doujin on the panda
Iichan thinking of maki getting raped it's too funny to be true

Ian Clark
Ian Clark

Damn, that realization really sucks, seeing my favorite thing get ruined like that. Guess I'll just avoid the threads.

Landon Reed
Landon Reed

It's also not something that looks easy to adapt

Jace Hall
Jace Hall

I don't know dude, I love how take draw pattern on his art.

Jaxson Bennett
Jaxson Bennett

THIS.
Kyoani or IG, please deliver.
Shaft is full of hacks for sure.

Elijah Wright
Elijah Wright

I think he means for the time being.
Every thread turns for episode one of something, and then the Zaregoto threads will stay shit due to constantly questions about leaked spoilers, Nisioshit and Shaftshit, like you say.

A calm announcement thread isn't bad though, right?

I've read all of what's translated, and could probably read it in Japanese if I applied myself, but I'm against it for some reason.
Probably because I hear Nisio shit is hard to understand in the raws, not to mention shit like double/triple/etc entendres constantly going over my head and the other fun Nisio nonsense.
That and since I started reading it in English, I kinda just wanna finish it in English.

Christian Taylor
Christian Taylor

CAN'T FUCKING WAIT

Justin Butler
Justin Butler

When do you guys reckon it'll come out? Or did I miss the part where they said that?

Hunter Sullivan
Hunter Sullivan

we're alive in an era that Zaregoto got an anime
Serious question: Am I sleeping right now?

Christopher Phillips
Christopher Phillips

animated by Deen

Nathan Carter
Nathan Carter

Honestly this isn't a very big surprise isn't it? They do announce that they gonna adapt like ten of Nisio's work. I am already guessing they'll adopt Zarageto since year back, I'm guessing Monogatari money have run dry.

Blake Barnes
Blake Barnes

All of it? probably.
But if you count the people who only have read the translated ones there should be a lot more.

The threads are somewhat common, and there is a big spike every time a novel is fully translated.

Also I remember some kind of effort to preserve the officially translated lns, I think there was a time when you couldn't find the second vol online.

Christian Bennett
Christian Bennett

and then the Zaregoto threads will stay shit due to constantly questions about leaked spoilers, Nisioshit and Shaftshit, like you say.

Man fuck Sup Forums for tolerating general culture.

Elijah Robinson
Elijah Robinson

No way the anime will be successful, even if it's a Nisio work.

Ryan Mitchell
Ryan Mitchell

Honestly, it is a big surprise.
Although it's the first time I've heard about adapting 10 of Nisio's works.
I mean, it ended in 2005. 11 years ago! LNs that already ended RARELY get an adaptation.

Thomas Butler
Thomas Butler

Because no one but Nisio drones and hipster LNfags gives a shit.

Jeremiah Parker
Jeremiah Parker

I mean, it ended in 2005. 11 years ago! LNs that already ended RARELY get an adaptation.

Yeah that part is pretty surprising.

But then again, considering how monogatarifag eat up everything Nisio shit out, Zarageto is pretty safe bet to adapt.

Zachary Rodriguez
Zachary Rodriguez

And that's why Shaft is objectively a bad studio. Why bother animating things well and conveying what you want the watcher to feel through beautiful scenes like Kyoani does when you can just create a power point presentation filled with dialogue and abstract shit to distract the watcher like Shaft does?

Shaft has never made a good show either, the closest they've ever gotten was when they made Madoka.

Jacob Fisher
Jacob Fisher

It's a shock probably because it wasn't animated before.

It's pretty much the best nisio work, and is pretty famous in japan, so it should be succesful.
But it seems so hard to animate, everyone kind of assumed that they weren't doing it because nisio didn't want an anime of it.

Owen James
Owen James

asking for Kyoani

You must not like Zaregoto.

Lucas Bennett
Lucas Bennett

Look at this shit dude It hasn't even started but some nigger already trying to start shit.

Joshua Perez
Joshua Perez

Jun is getting her own "Strongest/Saikyou" series now, so it's not that out of the ballpark and can work as a promotion for that series as well.
Not to mention it'll serve as good promotion for the Zaregoto series and Ningen/Human series, as well as the spinoff mangas.

Ayden Allen
Ayden Allen

why do people forget that Monogatari is literally a shit ton of dialogue

William Turner
William Turner

SoreMachi and Pani Poni Dash were good, probably their only good shows.

Mason Evans
Mason Evans

Nisio is popular and he already said he wants more adaptations.

Joshua Wright
Joshua Wright

Does anyone here like zaregoto as its a LN not released in english.

Joseph Collins
Joseph Collins

I don't doubt that it will become popular, but pre-hype is bad and can cause backlash in the hands of trolls. For now, it's better if it stays in a smaller circle to build a decent foundation.

Andrew Ward
Andrew Ward

Kyoanifags
enjoy the next free/yuri series faggot

Cameron Long
Cameron Long

just like what this user said.

At least IG or Kyoani making an ANIME adaptation, not presentation with full of text in each slide.
You can't go wrong with those two too, actually.

Nathaniel Gutierrez
Nathaniel Gutierrez

Zaregoto is 99% inner dialog

Nicholas Ortiz
Nicholas Ortiz

Why?

Jack Ortiz
Jack Ortiz

That's actually why I love Zaregoto. It's just an interesting, maybe somewhat mentally disturbed individual, going off on tangents in his head about shit that ultimately doesn't matter because like the series name, it's mostly nonsense.
I love nonsense.

Not to mention Ii-chan is an unreliable narrator. He's the reader's biggest enemy hilariously enough.

Adam Jackson
Adam Jackson

But Shaft barely has abstract shit in Monogatari and Madoka like really has it according to the plot (disregard movie 3 which is a homage to Russian animation).

Lincoln Moore
Lincoln Moore

seems like you haven't even read Zaregoto

Jaxson Johnson
Jaxson Johnson

You just asked a fanboy of Hibike to enjoy a yuri series. How is that supposed to be an insult?

Grayson Perry
Grayson Perry

Introduce a cool character
Kill her off like 10 pages later

I assumed she was going to come back in the end or somethign

Liam Myers
Liam Myers

Come back as what, minced beef?
It's not like a murder mystery where we only see the alleged corpse; the character died on screen.

Elijah Jenkins
Elijah Jenkins

I figured there would be a twist ending like the other books, I was just placing my bets on the outcome I wanted.

Kayden Sanders
Kayden Sanders

Eh, I can't blame you; I want her back, too.

Colton Martinez
Colton Martinez

HakoMari anime made by Kyoani when?

Isaiah Davis
Isaiah Davis

Never.
It's too good for this world.

Jordan Myers
Jordan Myers

I honestly dislike Vofan's warm palette style.

Eli Bailey
Eli Bailey

Refresh my mind; what was the twist on Volume 2?

Xavier Russell
Xavier Russell

it ends

Joseph Smith
Joseph Smith

Tomo is the killer

Levi James
Levi James

IG is understandable but Kyoani is not well suited with Nisio stuff. They will only make Zaregoto as boring as Hyouka and Phantom World. As far as Nisio adaptation is concerned, I prefer quality storytelling than beautiful, extravagant animation.

Julian Thomas
Julian Thomas

Thank you for reminding me that I forgot to redownload this since my hard drive fried

Kayden Wilson
Kayden Wilson

Hyouka was good, though. It is already better than all Shaft works.

Jordan Hall
Jordan Hall

Meh, I have read the novels and it's nothing more that retarded trash, full of plotholes. But of course, those fags who always suck Nisioisin cock will praise the shit out of it, and the normalfags will do that as well.

Julian Thompson
Julian Thompson

ok

Thomas Clark
Thomas Clark

full of plotholes
can you name a few?

Hudson Price
Hudson Price

Which is better, the fan translation or the official one?

Matthew Morris
Matthew Morris

No. I'd say Denpa Onna is miles better than Hyouka. Hyouka literally forgot that it has potential characters.

Kindly explain plotholes for the first 2 books.

Lincoln Davis
Lincoln Davis

First of all, have you at least read the novels, or you just want me to spoil shit?

Alexander Rogers
Alexander Rogers

Not that user, but I've read the five translated ones.

Andrew Torres
Andrew Torres

Surely Commie will do a good job with translating.

Elijah Gutierrez
Elijah Gutierrez

It would be a harem without a doubt if most of the girls and guys are still alive, which is what the image would be suggesting. Putting that aside, several character are interested (not necessarily romantic) in the MC, some with twisted and deadly outcomes. With that, one could say it's no more or less a harem than Monogatari is, so take that as you may.

Jason Price
Jason Price

Neat.

I read the first two volumes and weren't that impressed, but I might give both a reread now.

Jackson Mitchell
Jackson Mitchell

take is female.

Carter Collins
Carter Collins

Aikawa Jun is too OP.
Is there anyone that she can't defeat?

Hunter Torres
Hunter Torres

Inset yourself as Ii while you are at it.

Nolan Bailey
Nolan Bailey

I remember being kind of bored in volume 1, but volume 2 was decent I think.

Hunter Bell
Hunter Bell

Blaze it faggot.

Jacob Cruz
Jacob Cruz

The only way to enjoy Nisio books is to insert yourself as the MC/narrator.
Vol 1 is a pretty standard closed room mystery novel with expected twist. It is understandable why some readers will feel bored reading it.
Vol 2 is more character-driven and their psychology unravels as the story progress. This has become the basis of most Nisio's future works.

Isaiah Jenkins
Isaiah Jenkins

I'll probably be disappointed by this. Also I think if Ii is Kamiya, I might puke a bit in my mouth a bit. I like Kamiya, but no.

Leo Ross
Leo Ross

I want gg.

Nolan Kelly
Nolan Kelly

You weren't impressed because they are bad and because Nisio is a shitty writer. Read instead.

Sebastian Morris
Sebastian Morris

Nice shitposting faggot.
I absolutely love Zero Maria, but Nisio Isin works are really damn interesting.

Aaron Gray
Aaron Gray

Nah I like Katanagatari.

Carter Peterson
Carter Peterson

What's that about and what's so good about it?

Cooper Thomas
Cooper Thomas

So what is this about? I'll probably watch it since it's Nisio.

Adrian Allen
Adrian Allen

Kyoani doesn't deserve something this good.

Ian Cook
Ian Cook

mystery,murders,nonsense

Jason Morales
Jason Morales

edgy mystery thriller with murders and suicides.

Matthew Flores
Matthew Flores

It's about shit. You should've expected that since you know Niso

Bentley Roberts
Bentley Roberts

I just want to know, user. I'm from /m/, I barely visit Sup Forums. Came here for the news.

Dylan Garcia
Dylan Garcia

Woah. Picked up.

But I liked Monogatari, Katanagatari, and Medaka Box.

Jeremiah Myers
Jeremiah Myers

It's hard to describe Hakomari because most volumes are completely different from their prequels. The recurring theme of the series is "boxes", objects that grant wishes, and most books cover the results of different wishes, so while in the first one the main character is stuck in an endless time loop, in another he takes part in a battle royale-esque game and so on.

Joshua Nguyen
Joshua Nguyen

Is this the next best thing?, I mean, hipsters at MAL and Reddit are praising it.

Joshua Howard
Joshua Howard

what would be the best thing

Jason Walker
Jason Walker

hipsters at MAL and Reddit are praising it
They're probably praising it as a Nisio Isin work.

Connor Reyes
Connor Reyes

Must suck for you that Bake and Kizu are the epitome of what Nisio's work can be in the animated format. The Katanagatari anime doesn't even come close.

Alexander Hernandez
Alexander Hernandez

I like Vofan but shit taste user. Take's designs are fantastic.

Austin Ross
Austin Ross

katanagatari
Yeah, must be nice watching the art style slowly changing. Was it intentional?

Brody Clark
Brody Clark

Go back, you double nigger.

Camden Hughes
Camden Hughes

But there isn't anything to animate. 70% of the novel is composed of the MC's internal monologue and the rest is just him talking with other people. If you gave it to KyoAni and had them try to add nice flowing animation, it'd feel psychotic and out of place.

Kayden Wood
Kayden Wood

Never, because it sold horribly. We have better chances of seeing Eiji's next work get adapted.

Xavier Long
Xavier Long

Hyoka had a lot of dialogue and MC introspection while solving the shitty mysteries, if they followed the same formula and direction they used with that show it might work, but I still think SHAFT is the perfect fit for the series.

Gabriel Perry
Gabriel Perry

You can go and stay there.

Carson Martinez
Carson Martinez

I thought it would have a sticky since Zaregoto was mentioned most of the time Nisio works were compared. I don't know anything about the series, but I'm a little excited. Medaka Box, Katanagatari and Bakemonogatari have all been enjoyable.

Justin Murphy
Justin Murphy

Bakemono is Nisio's take on Supernatural/Slice of Life
Katanagatari is Historical/Action
Medaka Box is wacky school life
And Zaregoto is more of a psychological/mystery.

Zaregoto is personally my favorite.

Isaiah Gonzalez
Isaiah Gonzalez

Looks like that one Shaft x Nisioisin original anime which was announced around the time when Kizu was announced first doesn't happen anymore.

Jackson Hughes
Jackson Hughes

Shaft is still in the keywords

I guess that's pretty much confirmed now.

Ryder Gray
Ryder Gray

She killed herself

Hunter Allen
Hunter Allen

The protagonist basically convinced the victim to kill herself and then fucked with the crime scene to make even that hard to tell, since she wanted her friends to suffer too.

Tyler Nguyen
Tyler Nguyen

Fuck, these weren't steins gate spoilers at all.

Chase Rogers
Chase Rogers

Because books are about visual story telling?

Sebastian Robinson
Sebastian Robinson

inb4 Tamura voices Kunagisa. I'd also accept Asumi, but that's my wishful thinking.

Ryder Moore
Ryder Moore

http://www.zaregoto-series.com/

Registred but no content.

Ethan Ramirez
Ethan Ramirez

All right, this has been on my head for years but I've never found anyone to ask.

About the first book
So apparently the Painter and the Fool decided to switch places so the Painter could take the Fool's identity. But why would the Fool agree to it?

It's just something I didn't understand. Maybe I missed something?

Sebastian Wilson
Sebastian Wilson

If you read the Epilogue, I think all your questions will be answered.

Easton Clark
Easton Clark

That doesn't sound right for a text-based medium.

Andrew Miller
Andrew Miller

Is it actually confirmed shaft? They were just keywords in the source code along with Owarimonogatari and other shit.

Alexander Phillips
Alexander Phillips

who else would it be then

Austin Nelson
Austin Nelson

FUCKING HOLY FUCKING SHIT.
YES.

Yeah, no, as much as I hate Itamura, you should kill yourself.

Easton Davis
Easton Davis

I agree, the direction style of the first Hyoka arc would suit a Nisio work very well, and those people would be better than Itamura for sure, but Oishi as director would still be the best choice by far. Like, really far. Or maybe Shinbo could start properly directing again.

Liam Gray
Liam Gray

yfw I have read Zaregoto 3-9 in Japanese.

Ethan White
Ethan White

Studio and staff aren't announced.

Though "Shaft" wasn't there at the countdown time and I also checked other Nisiosin websites. Even the Monogatari Series websites doesn't have Shaft as keyword, so it's kind of impossible that having Shaft as one of the keywords was a result of reusing one of the older website templates and forgetting to set a bunch of new keywords.

And Shaft is still there.

Blake Barnes
Blake Barnes

That pic is a masterpiece.

Gabriel Hughes
Gabriel Hughes

I'm surprised someone saved it in the dead Zaregoto threads we had.

Landon Morales
Landon Morales

So I guess that lineup is complete for 2016 and 2017.

I guess new Madoka will happen in 2018.

Jaxon Morris
Jaxon Morris

I gotta disagree with you and the other user. Hyouka's dialogue is generally not very fast paced and has a consistent topic that is focused on. Nisio dialoge and introspection can be very fast paced with tons of tangents, and jabs and quips adding on to the dialogue which I don't think would work very well with Hyouka's style.

Bentley Stewart
Bentley Stewart

Welp, time to pick up translations again and catch up before it airs.

Austin Cox
Austin Cox

with tons of tangents, and jabs and quips
That's why I think it would never work if it was done in the same way as Hyouka. I don't want it to be done the same way as Monogatari though either, since I'd rather it be distinct.

Cameron Clark
Cameron Clark

Have you actually read Zaregoto?
While Hyouka is a mystery novel, it really doesn't hold similarities to Zaregoto. Zaregoto is more to edgy psychological mystery thriller while Hyouka is more like scooby doo mystery.
The only thing came close to Zaregoto genre was Moryo no Hako and Subete ga F ni Naru.

Bentley Nguyen
Bentley Nguyen

Hyouka was KyoAni's typical overly melodramatic nonsense.
It's quite interesting how low-key the direction in Monogatari is compared to what KyoAni did in Hyouka.

Jose Butler
Jose Butler

Have you read my post? Have you actually watched the first arc of Hyouka? You clearly have no idea of what I'm talking about.
Chitanda's uncle psychology drama was portrayed visually and they did a really great job, certainly better than what Itamura could ever do. That style was already edgy enough for most Nisio's scenes, It's obvious that they could easily make something edgier and still very well made.

Tyler Campbell
Tyler Campbell

psychological*

Jason Miller
Jason Miller

I hope they at least develop a more unique aesthetic instead of just copying Monogatari once again.

Monogatari should stay monogatari. SZS had an unique look too that reminded us of old film. Madoka uses russian stop motion animation for it's magic aesthetic while using futurism for the rest.

I want Zaregoto to be unique.

Carter Bennett
Carter Bennett

Then cry a river

Michael Gutierrez
Michael Gutierrez

Hyoka first arc was ridicolous ( ice cream, come on) and all kyoanifags should just get some teste already

Ian Stewart
Ian Stewart

again

Isaiah Flores
Isaiah Flores

yes

Charles Foster
Charles Foster

I hope its Daiki Konno's time to shine.

http://imgur.com/gallery/iVBmN

Jaxson Long
Jaxson Long

Hyoka first arc was ridicolous ( ice cream, come on)

Nobody cares about what you think of the writing, we are talking about the direction style.

and all kyoanifags should just get some teste already

Very interesting.

Brandon Reyes
Brandon Reyes

not edgy enough for Zaregoto unfortunately. Psychological drama in Hyouka was too mild compared to what Nisio usually write. Even toned down Okitegami Kyoko had more intense psychological drama than Hyouka.

Hunter Fisher
Hunter Fisher

This. This.

Wyatt Peterson
Wyatt Peterson

The only series from Nisio I actually like. This and Ningen.

Never managed to get into trash like gatari and his other $$$ grabs.

Sebastian Reyes
Sebastian Reyes

So when did they copy Monogatari?

Gavin Roberts
Gavin Roberts

not edgy enough for Zaregoto unfortunately.

It's obvious that they could easily make something edgier and still very well made.

Nathan Bennett
Nathan Bennett

Not him, but Meikaku City Actor.

Jason Sanders
Jason Sanders

When?

Hunter Sullivan
Hunter Sullivan

Parts of Nisekoi S1 and the whole Mekakucity Actors come to mind. Even Madoka has some aesthetics from it at some points when it comes to a few backgrounds during conversation scenes.

Daniel Thomas
Daniel Thomas

Meikaku City Actor

That was a straight adaptation of the MV styles.

Now we aren't even trying anymore.

Tyler Turner
Tyler Turner

Since the very first episode? Everything in it screamed Monogatari (well, a very cheap version).

Nolan Wood
Nolan Wood

KyoAni's works are close to each others than Shaft's ones.
Framing, photography and animation are consistent through all their works.

Luis Brown
Luis Brown

Cover your ears all you want, dude.

Charles Peterson
Charles Peterson

people who have no idea about visual direction talking about direction

Please make it stop!

Jayden Powell
Jayden Powell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCbXNdohF-4

best studio

Colton Mitchell
Colton Mitchell

Actually they seem to improve with every show.
Compare the simple looks of K-ON with their more recent stuff.

Hunter Nguyen
Hunter Nguyen

people who have nothing to say try to act superior.

Please, carry on.

Joseph Sanders
Joseph Sanders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1LePreDGiA

Justin Sanchez
Justin Sanchez

That rain makes me hard everytime.

Joseph Hughes
Joseph Hughes

Such beautiful heavy rain.

Liam Wood
Liam Wood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utOogyOLYGU

KyoAni can only dream about having the range of Shaft.

Outside of Nichijou they never really moved outside of their visual comfort zone.

Jordan Torres
Jordan Torres

Can't wait for people to complain about Zaregoto not being completely different when Shaft does this for every show

Henry Mitchell
Henry Mitchell

edginess
Kyoani tried that with KnK, they failed horribly.
I mean I like Kyoani, but they aren't really the best choice for any of Nisio's stuff or any psychological mystery or over the top edgy stuff. Besides their beautiful animation and clean character design, Kyoani's storytelling isn't that compelling; from downright terrible pacing (PW) to pretty much mediocre (Hibikek).

I don't exactly want Shaft to animate Zaregoto either. IG and Bones have their potential or TMS even.

Logan Taylor
Logan Taylor

not using the original uploader link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlPxDmG4VHE

Alexander Brooks
Alexander Brooks

KnK
edgy
stop being stupid please

Noah Martinez
Noah Martinez

IG
visual competent

Bones
being visual competent outside of the 15s sakuga every episode

TMS
okay, you got me with your troll.

Cooper King
Cooper King

You must be blind then. Nichijou, K-ON, Lucky Star, Hibike and Clannad look completely different from each other, and these are just a few examples. None of them use cheap tricks like Shaft's power point presentations to avoid actually animating either, and all of them aren't lazy adaptations that copy every single word from the source material and add them to the dialogue instead of showing what the source meant with actual scenes like an anime should.

Colton Martinez
Colton Martinez

Nichijou, K-ON, Lucky Star, Hibike and Clannad look completely different from each other

Jayden Cooper
Jayden Cooper

dat Shinkansen scene

A fucking masterpiece!

Angel Cook
Angel Cook

few examples
More like the only examples and that's because of the time difference. Modern Kyoani have the same character designs. Just compare s1 and s2 haruhi. S2 haruhi has the same moeblob art style as K-on's.

Benjamin Walker
Benjamin Walker

Kyoani tried that with KnK,

Different directors. Hyouka was directed by Takemoto, KnK by Ishidate.

Benjamin Turner
Benjamin Turner

The CG in Kizu is quite amazing.

Anthony Kelly
Anthony Kelly

why do you assume there's only one way to adapt something, and why are you ignoring how vastly different something like Monogatari is to everything KyoAni does

Lincoln Perry
Lincoln Perry

Nichijou, K-ON, Lucky Star, Hibike and Clannad look completely different from each other
2011, 2009, 2007, 2015, and 2007, respectively. I'd fucking hope so.

Moreover, I don't understand why people reference shit like fucking K-On or Clannad in 2016 as if they're relevant.

Anthony Campbell
Anthony Campbell

Why do you think Kyoani deserves to adapt Zaregoto, if they are considering to adapt Haruhi s3? By 2017, they will have been ver busy.

Jack Cox
Jack Cox

Does Shinbo really need to save anime when Araki's doing it now?

Wyatt Torres
Wyatt Torres

Shinbo makes anime mainstream.

Easton Campbell
Easton Campbell

Threads for this are gonna be awful. Shitposting and spoilers everywhere.

Landon Wright
Landon Wright

Can't be worse than Danganronpa and Re:Zero

Gabriel Kelly
Gabriel Kelly

Yeah, I'm going to avoid them.

Dylan Bennett
Dylan Bennett

At least Danganronpa had a shitty adaptation.

Nolan Foster
Nolan Foster

We can change that.

Mason Powell
Mason Powell

Compare the simple looks of K-ON with their more recent stuff.
The directing in most of the recent KyoAni stuff has been utterly horrible, though.

Connor Gonzalez
Connor Gonzalez

my copy of Zaregoto vol 1 and 2 will go up in price immensely after the anime airs

Kevin Ortiz
Kevin Ortiz

look completely different from each other, and these are just a few examples
But that's all there is. After Hyouka everything they've made has had the exact same artstyle.

Jordan Howard
Jordan Howard

KyoAni's output past Hyouka moved between bad and horrible.

Hibike is like the only competent thing for years,

James Sanders
James Sanders

ignored

Ryan Myers
Ryan Myers

Why are you fags shilling Kyoanus so much? Go to your containment board already. Say what you want, there are studios more competent than Kyoani. I just wanted the adaptation to be well paced, not some beautiful animation. Their directing have been a lot worse since Chuunibyou happened and Hibike was exceptionally decent.

you must have missed recent Conan movies, eh?

Isaac Jenkins
Isaac Jenkins

Inb4 Madhouse adaption.

Benjamin Nelson
Benjamin Nelson

The first volume is already like $78

Jaxson Howard
Jaxson Howard

who's still at Madhouse anyway

Blake Foster
Blake Foster

shilling

Jesus /v/, get the fuck out.

Brody Hall
Brody Hall

insider tip

There will be a reprint in December

Austin Mitchell
Austin Mitchell

I wish, that's impossible.

Josiah Jackson
Josiah Jackson

What does have that to do with my post? Actually, what does that have to do with the posts you quoted. Stop being such an embarrassing idiot.

also
shilling

Jordan Russell
Jordan Russell

It doesn't matter how great KyoAni is.
They will never animate stuff like Zaregoto.

It's a silly and pointless discussion.

Joshua Torres
Joshua Torres

ITT: Shaftfags being butthurt because their studio can't animate shit and try to hide that with power points and occasional sakuga

Jonathan Hall
Jonathan Hall

Tries*

Lucas Kelly
Lucas Kelly

this

Adrian Carter
Adrian Carter

Moreover, I don't understand why people reference shit like fucking K-On or Clannad in 2016 as if they're relevant.

They are always relevant because they are eternal classics, while Shaft has yet to make even a single decent show.

Juan Kelly
Juan Kelly

nice bait.

Dominic Howard
Dominic Howard

That would explain why they got Zaregoto and the first canon Fate anime.

Oliver James
Oliver James

Prism Nana upload when?

Parker Foster
Parker Foster

Maybe next year.

Nicholas Walker
Nicholas Walker

next work
Nigga's done with LNs

Jose Walker
Jose Walker

Will it even get BD/DVD releases?

Charles Russell
Charles Russell

maybe

Parker Foster
Parker Foster

Kyoani never makes too many seasons for the same anime because they like variety, even when the series literally prints money, like Haruhi and K-ON.

Kyoani always strives to make art, not mere products, and creates works such as the Endless Eight, which no other studio would be courageous enough to make and obviously isn't commercial

Kyoani doesn't care whether the source material is popular or not, they adapt what they like regardless of that and often the source material only becomes popular after Kyoani's adaptation, like K-ON

thus, objectively, Kyoani doesn't care about money and is a studio of artists who do what they love

meanwhile, Shaft is filled with jews who make infinite seasons of Monogatari, make 3 movies out of a single novel like what happened with The Hobbit and aren't criticized like Tolkien's shit was thanks to their blind fanboys, not to talk about Madoka, that was already a completed work and was extended with Rebellion because they wanted more shekels

Jordan Barnes
Jordan Barnes

Have a (You), I hope that can make you happy :)

Jonathan Gomez
Jonathan Gomez

thus, objectively, Kyoani doesn't care about money and is a studio of artists who do what they love
but they wouldn't buy Hibike rights if they do not have any intention milking it out in the first place.

Daniel Turner
Daniel Turner

Are you bad ass enough to work as douga animator for Shaft?

http://shaft-web.co.jp/recruit3.html

Andrew Clark
Andrew Clark

I'd rather try Toei for starter.

Alexander Moore
Alexander Moore

Toei

Hello South East Aaia!

Oliver Garcia
Oliver Garcia

Kyoani never makes too many seasons for the same anime because they like variety
Because they weren't the ones who decided whether more season would be made for those shows

Endless Eight
Yeah, it was brave to ruin what would've been a great season

Kyoani doesn't care whether the source material is popular or not, they adapt what they like
Circa 2012

Julian Green
Julian Green

But Toei Ph doesn't do precure.

Daniel Miller
Daniel Miller

Fuck you and fuck you all those who get angry at a studio for animating something in it's entirety. If a show doesn't get many seasons you get like S2 NEVER EVER, but if it goes well and gets more seasons you become angry saying the franchise it's getting milked by mad jews.

Blake Gonzalez
Blake Gonzalez

He was just baiting, no way he was serious.

Matthew Stewart
Matthew Stewart

probably

Asher Green
Asher Green

10 days later Shaft is still in the keywords

Joseph Walker
Joseph Walker

Holy shit, it's actually fucking happening?

Kevin Mitchell
Kevin Mitchell

YES.

Tyler Price
Tyler Price

what makes it "holy shit" for you
did you read the japanese light novels or what

Ryder Price
Ryder Price

Not him, but. You do realize two of them are officialy translated, and 3 and half fantranslated, right?
It's not that strange for people here to have read it.

Xavier Mitchell
Xavier Mitchell

Literally; Pseudo hipsters and normalfags: The anime

Enjoy tour trashy anime and keep sucking Nisioisins dick, you fags.

Ethan Lewis
Ethan Lewis

considering how the elite Sup Forums users pride themselves in not reading literature and the quality of translation I expect very few to have read it.

Grayson Harris
Grayson Harris

How many girls get their hair horrifically mutilated in this?

Jose Lopez
Jose Lopez

full of plotholes

Is this true? Cause if it is then I am not gonna waste reading it

Colton Phillips
Colton Phillips

*my time

Camden Davis
Camden Davis

Only a few.
And their bodies generally fall apart with the hair.
A little too much off the top, if you will.

Landon Kelly
Landon Kelly

Claims it has plot holes
Gets asked what plot holes by a reader
Doesn't respond
Gee user, what do you think?
If anything, he's mistaking plot holes for what is the protagonist misleading the reader because he's an unreliable narrator.
Don't trust what the protagonist says.

Mason Hernandez
Mason Hernandez

He's said that he intends to start writing regular novels, which do occasionally get anime adaptations too.

Isaiah Evans
Isaiah Evans

The only ones that come to mind if Pie Simulator and Vampire Town of Fancy Fucking Hair.

Dominic Ortiz
Dominic Ortiz

Hyouka was a regular novel and so was Legends of the Galactic Heroes.

Jaxon Gomez
Jaxon Gomez

Comparing Hyouka with LotGH

Fucking Nisioisin fags I swear.

David Wright
David Wright

Could this mean that kodansha/shaft/nisio finally realized that the monogatari anime is about to end? I expected this to happen at least after the announcement of a final monogatari season.

Ayden Kelly
Ayden Kelly

monogatari is like naruto, itll never end

Noah Gonzalez
Noah Gonzalez

about to end
lol
Nisio will keep milking that shit until there are more Monogatari episodes than there are of Naruto

Eli White
Eli White

It'll keep getting more anime as long as Nisio keeps writing books

Matthew Hernandez
Matthew Hernandez

Nice meme'ing

Liam Rivera
Liam Rivera

What do you expect, Sup Forums is a den of constipated contrarians.

Nathaniel Nguyen
Nathaniel Nguyen

its just capitalism, well know ips generally get milked for decades and thats likely for monogatari as well

Justin Richardson
Justin Richardson

monogatari is like naruto

Exactly, they are both shit.

Lincoln Cox
Lincoln Cox

No, it's just your dumb ignorance and shitposting. Owari is the best part of the series, there is nothing to bitch about, people who like the series can only be glad that Nisio made the series that long.
Face it, you aren't different from kids like .

Lucas Gonzalez
Lucas Gonzalez

Doujinshi when?

Lucas Anderson
Lucas Anderson

how was the nekosogi radical? i've heard mixed things about it

Angel Lewis
Angel Lewis

After the anime duh

Wyatt Robinson
Wyatt Robinson

Are the LN translations still on BT?

Also when you guys say the first and second are hard to find are you talking about the english translation from YP or the original ones?

I always put off reading this series, I started reading the manga how close does it keep to the novels?

Grayson Cruz
Grayson Cruz

The manga is a very free adaptation of a spin-off.

Anthony Miller
Anthony Miller

it's real
already getting SHAFT vs KyoAni arguments and other assorted shitposting

Nolan Mitchell
Nolan Mitchell

The fantranslations are easily available. The first and second volumes are by del rey, the first book became sort of rare and online it sells for like $100+, you can find the full series in japanese for about $20.

Charles Edwards
Charles Edwards

here you go

http://zaregoto.ftp.sh/

http://www.suiminchuudoku.net/tl/index.php?title=Zaregoto

Evan Reed
Evan Reed

Thank you.

Didn't DR close down? Or am I thinking of another company?

Wyatt Roberts
Wyatt Roberts

Didn't DR close down?

Yeah, but after releasing the first 2 volumes.

Hunter Kelly
Hunter Kelly

If the adaption doesn't use Take's art I'll be mad.

Gabriel Flores
Gabriel Flores

I know exactly what you're after. You won't fool me.

Hunter Sanders
Hunter Sanders

I've had pic related as my desktop wallpaper for ages.

However, Ii-chan is NOT for sexualizing.

Ian Richardson
Ian Richardson

I'm fapping to both right now.

Samuel Brooks
Samuel Brooks

Ii-chan is for pointlessly cool quotes and being defective goods.
Living and contradicting are the same thing.
Human failure.
I've decided to save the world.
What nonsense.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page