Camden Wilson
Camden Wilson

Burgerlanders are pretty damn insecure

Lucas Stewart
Lucas Stewart

They just dont know what elves are for.

Austin Martin
Austin Martin

Because it's just mindless masturbation.

The author doesn't even try to figure out what would happen in his scenario.
For example, mages could easily have been hired to ruin the Japanese's defenses. But that is only a minor item that still plays within the rules.
In reality, what would have happened is that the weaponry would have been blurred much more directly. Any Japanese soldier that dies would get his guns stolen. Plenty of soldiers would sell their weapons (and the knowledge of their handling) at huge prices to the locals.
The Japanese soldiers in turn would start wearing armor, because the reason for the dismissal of armor (the more efficient weaponry of the enemy) is no longer in effect.
But even these things are only minor. There's a lot of things that could and would change, and he addresses NONE of them. He's just having fun parading around his boner for the military and cute girls.

Kevin Williams
Kevin Williams

manga>anime

Michael Garcia
Michael Garcia

Because it's shit. No plot.

Dominic Sanders
Dominic Sanders

It's a perfect storm of Japanese propaganda, LN/anime differing from the manga and waifu wars.

Aaron Hill
Aaron Hill

because NIPPON STRONK
also, the author had such a promising premise laid out, and in the end, it basically revolves around cute girls doing cute things, nip soldiers blowing shit up, harem stuff and a lot of unanswered questions

Leo Hernandez
Leo Hernandez

mages could easily have been hired to ruin the Japanese's defenses
they were peaceful/scholars didn't want to start shit

Plenty of soldiers would sell their weapons
And bring the currency back to the real world through the checkpoints? nah

Elijah Murphy
Elijah Murphy

I love me my cute girls but the main cast and story revolving around them is just utter shit. That shitty harem just has to go. The show got 1000x better when it focused on the political side of things.

Robert Miller
Robert Miller

they were peaceful/scholars didn't want to start shit
Incorrect generalization based on the evidence that there are mages that do use magic offensively.

And bring the currency back to the real world through the checkpoints?
Currency?
How about gold? At least that would be worth something on the other side.
Why even go back when you can get so much money that you can spend the rest of your life living the dream surrounded by catgirls, elf-girls and whatever else strikes your fancy?

Brandon Morris
Brandon Morris

For the first time burgers get to know how it feels to see a country glorifying their armed forces while portraying everyone else like evil/stupid. Also there is people that hate glorious Nippon like Tumblr, China, Korea etc.

The rest of the world is used to see stupid shit like that though. Personally I had fun watching the nips trying to pull the muh nationalism in anime form and medieval soldiers getting blown away by tanks.

My only complain is that it needed more JSDF Vs mitological creatures.

Jacob Long
Jacob Long

he show got 1000x better when it focused on the political side of things.

look at me I am not a jap. Look at how useless I am
I am constantly surprised at japanese superiority

1000x better

Camden Young
Camden Young

Because it's bad, what other reason does it need?

Matthew Young
Matthew Young

Fucking Japs can't glorify their army only the US can. NEVER FORGET PEARL HARBOR

Ryder Foster
Ryder Foster

The other side was too weak.

Isaiah Moore
Isaiah Moore

Burgers/Chinks taking a fucking light novel way too much seriously.

Jaxon Nelson
Jaxon Nelson

Those love handles

Oliver Cook
Oliver Cook

Boring, shitty characters, garbage premise, propaganda bullshit.

Nathaniel Jackson
Nathaniel Jackson

The only people who hate GATE are burgers and chinks

Holy shit my sides. Nice job trying to validate your taste, anons.

Adrian Bennett
Adrian Bennett

Because it's garbage.
Only otakus who want to escape reality would like it.

Jayden Reyes
Jayden Reyes

Insecurity complex.

other countries are showing their military
quick they are evil

Lucas Gomez
Lucas Gomez

So everyone one Sup Forums?

Eli Gomez
Eli Gomez

yeah...it stupid any nation on our side of the gate would be happy to force the empires & kingdoms to bend the knee and take all their resorces even if they fought back it'll only take a week at most to end the so called war. you think nipland has the balls to say no to the UN asking/tell them to let other nations build a foothold for "our safty" at the gate hell America or even Russia would want a slice of the pie.

Caleb Lewis
Caleb Lewis

What the heck did you guys expect from a show that revolves around nips wrecking medieval elves and shit?

Carson Anderson
Carson Anderson

Just like 'MURICA?

Cooper Reyes
Cooper Reyes

Pretty much. Only mahouka ever triggered me

Bentley Russell
Bentley Russell

Good potential premise that goes nowhere and just devolved into a harem.

Brayden Richardson
Brayden Richardson

Elves

Grayson Rivera
Grayson Rivera

Because almost all of the villains are incredibly lazy strawmen designed specifically to lost to the power of Japan's massive dick. The only antagonist that doesn't fit this bill is the warrior bunny queen. She actually has a halfway decent motivation and carries out her plans semi-competently.

Landon Morris
Landon Morris

It's a shitty adaption of a not that great original work.

Ryder Peterson
Ryder Peterson

Also, the fight choreography was really fucking bad. Like, "10 seconds" of combat actually taking two minutes. There's some room for fudging timings, but it was just consistently way off the mark.

Alexander Long
Alexander Long

Because Americans think they should be #1 in all forms of media especially their military

Nolan Perry
Nolan Perry

Also there is people that hate glorious Nippon like Tumblr, China, Korea etc.
You forgot Reddit, /v/, blog review sites, Neogaf, Kotaku, etc.

Isaiah Murphy
Isaiah Murphy

wah america is not number one
Vote for Trump then. Maybe he can pressure the author to change the story to a more US friendly one.

Hudson Cooper
Hudson Cooper

Incorrect generalization based on the evidence that there are mages that do use magic offensively.
Incorrect generalization based on the evidence that THE city of magic didn't want to take up arms despite having offensive magic.

Evan Adams
Evan Adams

what really irks me is that they drew the dragon for 1 or 2 frames, and it looks ok, but the rest of the time its horrible CGI. Even a still cell would have been preferable if it was hand drawn.

Christian Wright
Christian Wright

This to be honest, I would like it a lot more if it didn't shill Japan so much.

Isaac Johnson
Isaac Johnson

HAHAHAHA

ALl the people in this thread complaining about MUH REALISM, the author didn't think it trhough, muh magics.

The show is just Nanking;the anime. Good ol kill'n'rape. Also much like the Chinese revisionist take on nanking, the show is filled with fantasy and mythology.

Basically JSDF blowing Chinese myths the fuck up.

David Fisher
David Fisher

Does the show ever get as retarded as this?

Josiah Ward
Josiah Ward

I cannot think of the words to express how bad that CG is. Every scene with the dragon looks so wonky. Does this animation save that much money that its fine if it looks this terrible. I feel like we are in the 90s of American film where everything was bad CGI.

Eli Morris
Eli Morris

No, Nippon is stronk the entire time, I loved it desu

Dylan Taylor
Dylan Taylor

how?
were vampires dumb as shit in owari or something, they can't even figure out how to use an attack helicopter efficiently

Matthew Martin
Matthew Martin

More.

Blake Sanchez
Blake Sanchez

Post Rorys.

Aaron Williams
Aaron Williams

this is epic spicy meme, i saved it.

David Carter
David Carter

No, they had a cool helicopter scene where they BTFO of the knights

Christopher Turner
Christopher Turner

Truth bomb

Dylan Cox
Dylan Cox

That fat dragon was a fucking disgrace.

Nathan Diaz
Nathan Diaz

i didn't realize the series was getting so much hate. The threads the show generated seemed to mean most of Sup Forums liked the show. I had very few complaints, even with the JSDF pandering.

Ryan Torres
Ryan Torres

Welcome to post /pol/ Sup Forums.

Camden Rivera
Camden Rivera

Marathoned the series last night.
Fuck you, I liked it. Also, Hamilton best girl.

Carson Miller
Carson Miller

It wasn't lewd enough to be as great as the source material.

Jack Watson
Jack Watson

discussing the GATE opening in other countries was bannable

Mods didn't help.

Nathaniel King
Nathaniel King

Some people explained it better in previous posts.
Lots of Americans want pic related.

Ian Martin
Ian Martin

kuri

Charles Roberts
Charles Roberts

I give you permission to save it my friend

Thomas Ortiz
Thomas Ortiz

Others want this.

Jason Powell
Jason Powell

Too much muh nippon I guess.
Like I get it but taking out on three different special forces groups at once like they are fucking nobodies is a bit much. Even if rory did do most of the work.

Elijah Williams
Elijah Williams

we'll never have the gigantic shitfests we had last summer again

Kinda sad, desu.

David Jackson
David Jackson

Rory is literally an immortal demigod. What exactly were you expecting to happen?

Alexander Perry
Alexander Perry

To be fair those archers are using bows and arrows powered by demons.

Michael Anderson
Michael Anderson

special forces groups

They weren't spec ops, they were CIA, Russian CBP and Chinese Ministry of State Security.

Evan Stewart
Evan Stewart

No problem with rory killing dudes, the problem is the yanks getting taken out by japs and going "I didnt even know they had special forces" or something stupid.

Hunter Thompson
Hunter Thompson

That's stupid.
And understandable, lots of people have hateboners for this series.

Jaxson Clark
Jaxson Clark

characters travel to another world, with magic powers, elves, bunny people, dragons and shit
ok
nips kill some dudes
HOLY SHIT COMPLETELY UNBELIEVABLE FUCK ANIME FUCK JAPAN

Matthew Long
Matthew Long

To be fair lots of people really don't.

I just interpret it as that they didn't expect fully armed JSDF at that location.

Hudson Foster
Hudson Foster

Less dumb but still dumb. Also only the americans use black soldiers bit and the idea that a five foot nothing girl soldier will willingly charge trained fucking sword and shield wielding soldiers and fight them hand to hand when she can fucking shoot them.

Joseph Edwards
Joseph Edwards

This.

Joshua Cooper
Joshua Cooper

To be honest it usually devolved into

muh carrier groups
muh 3 million army

Etc, but still, I've seen GATE threads become pretty much /k/ discussions of calibers and weapons with no bans.

Henry Ramirez
Henry Ramirez

The show got 1000x better when it focused on the political side of things.

And considering how awful the 'Everyone but Japan sucks' politics were...

Parker Green
Parker Green

Lots of people arent the fucking CIA though.

Brandon Watson
Brandon Watson

And the apache can kill you two kilometers away in the middle of the night.

God the show was so stupid. Why did they not follow the manga closer (More closer) and not add stupid battle scenes and alike.

Gabriel Wilson
Gabriel Wilson

/k/ discussions of calibers and weapons with no bans
Best kind of Gate threads.

Samuel Robinson
Samuel Robinson

The show is just Nanking;the anime.

This should be the subtitle.

Hudson Smith
Hudson Smith

Also only the americans use black soldiers bit
Has some grain of truth to it. There might be some black Russian soldiers but obviously not to the point like the US in terms of diversity. And black Chinese soldiers aren't gonna fly, they're really intent on keeping their ethnicity.

Levi Cooper
Levi Cooper

Red dragon was the best character.
Look at how far away that wall if from those helicopters though, might be two kilometers.

Aiden Long
Aiden Long

I don't have it, but does anyone have that screenshot from last summer where a military guy told the story of his platoon binging monstergirls anime and insulting eachother's waifus at the firing range?

Please.

Justin Harris
Justin Harris

It was an adventure story.

Alexander Torres
Alexander Torres

Could have been brits.

Oliver Jackson
Oliver Jackson

And the CIA paramilitary are... better than some special forces. Or a lot of special forces.

Kevin Harris
Kevin Harris

UK ain't a superpower on the level of those 3 countries at the turn of the 20th century though.

Blake Parker
Blake Parker

Dont need to be a superpower to kidnap people.

John Phillips
John Phillips

political side
good

I don't masturbate to the idea of being japanese so no, it isn't good

Grayson Wilson
Grayson Wilson

And being CIA means they can't be ambushed on "enemy" home ground now? Stop it.

James Garcia
James Garcia

The EU is mentioned once as one of those petitioning Japan to open the Gate, though. And both the Brits and the French have blacks in their SFs.

Nolan White
Nolan White

But you have to be a superpower to have the compunction and ego to take on Japan though.

Sebastian Thomas
Sebastian Thomas

Rory alone caused my interest in GATE to nosedive. She's just a terrible character overall that really clashed with the aesthetics of the other world when she was introduced.

Other than that, it reminded me of the few John Ringo novels that I had read years back but Ringo at least has his characters suffer and barely scrape by early on before they start shitstomping.

Matthew Cook
Matthew Cook

No, though it sure as hell wouldn't have been

Hurr durr nippon sure is stronik guess we die now

And there are also a number of measures you can take to reduce the chance of that happening, and reduce the risk. They way they portrayed the 'special forces' was sort of silly.

Josiah Howard
Josiah Howard

I want to adopt Tuka

Christopher James
Christopher James

Japan didn't wanna give anyone a peek at the Gate while they were carrying out their revenge mission. UK and France could do petitions but they're not "big and strong" enough to pressure Japan. The kidnapping was to force Japan's hand, since being a superpower already lends credibility that Japan can fold to stronger countries.

Not that the UK has blacks wtf so it coulda been UK

Ethan Cook
Ethan Cook

There is a difference between being ambushed and not even knowing the enemy has special forces.

Especially when you are from the country that I can only assume the jap special forces trains with somewhat regularly.

Adam Collins
Adam Collins

Rory alone caused my interest in GATE to nosedive. She's just a terrible character overall that really clashed with the aesthetics of the other world when she was introduced.

Thank you.

Juan Rivera
Juan Rivera

More like 1200 meters

The manga had nothing like this. It had a chapter where the soldiers shot down a apache less then 100 meters away.

And they are using the mass produced weapons which are less powerful then what the MC's friend is using.

Oh well, lets keep this to the owari no seraph threads.

Ryan Hughes
Ryan Hughes

Not only that but most of them got taken out in the clusterfuck of special forces that all attacked at the same time, everyone was shooting at everyone while the japs were far away just sniping whenver they could while Rory went on a rampage

Connor Murphy
Connor Murphy

So you believe that CIA can't botch missions? Fucking 1 day missions too? Under direct command of a hasty Bush president?

You're the kind of person the OP asks about. Spread hate because you mad America got second banana.

Kayden Miller
Kayden Miller

I did think it was pretty funny when I heard that even the guys in her religion dress the same way.

Charles Clark
Charles Clark

Nigger, being CIA means that you're not going to be a jobber the level GATE depicts it

Landon Watson
Landon Watson

Here

Samuel Hernandez
Samuel Hernandez

Every time Rori went purple-lipped, I hated her. That tiny change just made her look less loveable.

Zachary Cook
Zachary Cook

what are analysts

But for field agents, yeah.

Carter Russell
Carter Russell

I didn't notice any hate outside a handful of spergs.

Kevin Baker
Kevin Baker

Persia

I'm still mad

Isaac Hall
Isaac Hall

Also wasn't the whole thing fucked from the start? The notBush said, "you better back off and let we do our thing" while the jap PM actually resigned so that the army could do whatever the fuck it wanted? The CIA went expecting to not find any heavy resistance but they go the exact opposite of that

Camden Brooks
Camden Brooks

Anyone else think the manga did it all better?

From the battles to the designs and equipment etc.

Jace James
Jace James

It's mostly amerifats complaining due to the country being portrayed as weak.

Hunter Baker
Hunter Baker

My point has nothing to do with the other guys. CIA can job all day for all I care, the idea they dont know about a military force who get sent to the fucking US to train is dumb.

Mason Gonzalez
Mason Gonzalez

The blackmail happened AFTER the CIA couldn't get through. Their men expected a handful of revolver-armed cops and were facing US-trained Specops.

Bentley Watson
Bentley Watson

They were told tehre would be minimal presence of the army and the japanese were lying when they said they would comply with the american ogvernment

Mason Parker
Mason Parker

Yeah but good luck convincing these nerdy meatheads about it

Okay

Aaron Garcia
Aaron Garcia

Remind me again how does this show portray America as being shit?

The only scene Americans get any action was in that jungle operation in S1 when they had the CIA alongside Spetsnaz and Li Jian try to kidnap Itami's gang.

James Baker
James Baker

No, it's the fact that the world (both of them, actually) is portrayed in such that everyone except Japan is Stupid Evil.

Henry Powell
Henry Powell

Little girl bayonet charging fucking swordsmen and ruining their faces is still the worst part.

Jackson Davis
Jackson Davis

Remind me again how does this show portray America as being shit?
It don't, it's just the point of view of most americans since

other countries military portrayed as strong
that's not true rreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Grayson Sanders
Grayson Sanders

"GATE: And Thus the JSDF Fought There"
5% JSDF actually thus fighting there
95% Itami and his harem going on road trips

The series should have been about Itami leading his unit in clusterfucky recon missions, with his weeaboo friend driving and perving on the demi-human girls, Kuribayashi bitching about not finding the right man and hoping to snatch a big, strong knight, the old man going on and on about old movies a la Major Zero from Metal Gear and the female medic cockblocking everyone in every stop they make so they don´t catch God knows what STDs.

The harem thing and the retarded politics ruined the whole thing.

Cooper King
Cooper King

Tell that to Ronda Rousey who's 5'5

William White
William White

portray America as being shit?

The fact that it basically uses the U.S. as one of a few moronic bad guys which exists to serve as an exchangeable antagonist for the 'political' sections.

Carson Ortiz
Carson Ortiz

All countries but Japan are shown to be evil in some form or another while the JSDF is shown to be noble and always in the right.

Wyatt Taylor
Wyatt Taylor

Deal with it. Brits get that role all the time in your movies.

Colton Lopez
Colton Lopez

The harem thing and the retarded politics ruined the whole thing.

Thank you.

Aiden Reed
Aiden Reed

UK and France could do petitions but they're not "big and strong" enough to pressure Japan.
They're big enough both in military strenght and diplomatic power. They also have amongst the best sepcial forces and their secret services have been doing sketchy shit on foreign soil since forever.
The only reason they wouldn't pressure Japan is them being backed up by the US, Russia or China.

Nicholas Morgan
Nicholas Morgan

That actually sounds pretty good.
Ronda rousey doesnt have a fucking gun in her hands that she decides to use to hit people with.

Luke Ward
Luke Ward

Not even a burgerlander
But the way GATE portrays Japan as GLORIOUS NIPPON and every other nation that isn't japan as pants on head stupid somehow manages to be worse than a shitty american movie about USA #1,

Bentley Brooks
Bentley Brooks

When is England an antagonist? Was there some Revolutionary War rehash I missed?

Nathaniel Reed
Nathaniel Reed

>>141223400
The rest of the world is used to see stupid shit like that though. Personally I had fun watching the nips trying to pull the muh nationalism in anime form and medieval soldiers getting blown away by tanks.

As a /his/ crossboarder I can safely ensure you that the Empire is mostly based on Rome. Only a few aspects of the alternate world/dimension seem to be based on medieval Europe. And by only a few aspects I mean the existance of surrounding kingdoms that enforce vassalization and treaties among the Empire and each other.

Daniel Williams
Daniel Williams

Generally you only see a couple evil brits in american movies, and they tend to be pretty smart.
Not sure what he is on about.

Wyatt Wilson
Wyatt Wilson

USA #1

Probably because they let other countries have slots two through ten., if they come up.

Levi Davis
Levi Davis

The US government is corrupt and fully of moronic seemingly "bad guys" in real life, so they really were just being honest. C'mon mate, you know your government is pretty trash.

Nolan Fisher
Nolan Fisher

That's what I mean - and they're usually cool.

The 'incompetent stupid' part makes it worse, along with the generally awful writing.

Gabriel Reed
Gabriel Reed

They're not dumb enough to give Japan one of the top spot unless it's a Godzilla movie or something like this.

Jose Sullivan
Jose Sullivan

Why does GATE get so much hate?
The recent posts are your answer, OP.

Austin Turner
Austin Turner

Threadly reminder that all the political and diplomatic aspect of this anime is utterly stupid. The anime itself is stupid in terms of what could happen in reality, even if you ignore the existance of gates to parallel universes and magic. But the political-diplomatic aspect of the anime is on a whole different of stupid.

Hell you could air an entire anime with at least two seasons and a OVA just to show how foreing affairs and the internal politics of Japan would develop should something such as a gate to a militarily inferior nation appear out of fucking no where.

All this discussion over the CIA and Trump's anime counter part policies are irrelevant because they're starting from the assumption that there is a single atom of realism in this political narrative.

William Hall
William Hall

Plenty of soldiers would sell their weapons
Yeah, not gonna happen. Even at the height of the degeneracy of the US military in the 70s it was never more than a tiny amount.

Any Japanese soldier that dies would get his guns stolen.
Only if the enemy gains access to that location prior to someone collecting the body.

The Japanese soldiers in turn would start wearing armor, because the reason for the dismissal of armor (the more efficient weaponry of the enemy) is no longer in effect.

They already wear armor.

Carter Myers
Carter Myers

But the political-diplomatic aspect of the anime is on a whole different of stupid.

Thank you. Not simply who is doing what, but how poorly it's written, and how little the writer clearly graps about geopolitics.

I'm convinced they were only there to make the rest tolerable by comparison.

Jayden Hall
Jayden Hall

That grin.

Nathaniel Reed
Nathaniel Reed

Didn't watch it but I assumed it was shit being a LN adaption, could assume there's a harem and poor writing just from that.
Doesn't help that most anime war stories are always keikaku dori and insane levels of retardation. Probably deserved some hate for being another shit show but I doubt anons watched it for reasons other than stupid entertainment.

Oliver Roberts
Oliver Roberts

Because it's shit.

Ayden Flores
Ayden Flores

This so much
Try telling that to the weebs that actually defend the politics of this series though

Charles Taylor
Charles Taylor

Threadly reminder that no one gives a shit except buttblasted Americans who expected an anime to be more than it is, together with pretending to know geopolitics because their solution to international problems is to power through them.

Bentley Morales
Bentley Morales

GATE
war anime
Gate is not a war anime.

Zachary Young
Zachary Young

Try telling that to the weebs that actually defend the politics of this series though

Point proven.

Jonathan Barnes
Jonathan Barnes

You're just pissed because Itami doesn't sing cowboy songs

Evan Ramirez
Evan Ramirez

No, Gate is a shit anime.

Dylan Gonzalez
Dylan Gonzalez

You just don't have a decent retort to the observation that it tries to be far more than it's capable of, and falls flat.

Hudson Hall
Hudson Hall

You're just pissed because Itami doesn't sing cowboy songs

I would have settled for them butchering famous anime songs. Even just humming them.

Hudson Brown
Hudson Brown

Rory is boners though.

Jaxon Martinez
Jaxon Martinez

I'm not even American, I kind of liked GATE, I don't have anything for or against the Japanese nationalism in the anime, and I even enjoyed watching the CIA shootout scene, but it is a fact and not an opinion that geopolitics in the anime, and even Japan's internal politics, were extremely poorly written.

Jordan Watson
Jordan Watson

Here's Americans who actually believe that, given the chance, a once competent country in terms of military, with access to their own semi-inexhaustible source of natural resources, would willingly suck their dick because Japan doesn't have nationalism or pride in their country.

its okay if JSDF specops kill ruskies and chinks
but not yanks, no sir, #1 military in the world

Isaac Barnes
Isaac Barnes

Murica can't even a couple sand niggers, they are jobbers.

Jace Cook
Jace Cook

implying I didn't just want to post a generation kill reference

rory singing teenage dirtbag

Parker Wilson
Parker Wilson

point out legit flaws
m-muh American butthurt

Every time.

Julian Hernandez
Julian Hernandez

I'm not even American
I'm not this guy, BUT I totally am this guy
Politics was never the focus, but why is it you take offense to something completely understandable?
One bit villains? Lots of series have one bit villains and never get shit on.

Jaxon Carter
Jaxon Carter

legit flaws
not just crybaby burgers
not everyone wants to suck american dick, that's real geopolitics son

Carson Diaz
Carson Diaz

The issue with it is that the Japs could be committing war crimes on the other side because they have no third party oversight and when the other nations ask for access to the gate Japan just says no which would put a lot of suspicion on them by the international community.

Isaac Diaz
Isaac Diaz

Too be fair no one can even sand niggers. If america were smart they wouldn't have poked the fucking hornets nest.

Owen Nelson
Owen Nelson

Fucking Outbreak Company, a show about Japan conquering fantasy land with anime and manga, had more realistic politics than this garbage.

Jacob Ross
Jacob Ross

Americans committed war crimes on the daily in Iraq and Afghanistan with no 3rd party oversight yet convinced the world and themselves they were doing the right thing. Why is this a problem then?

The anime isn't about them anyway. It's about Itami's adventures in fantasyland. You Yanks just cry a lot, because for the first time you experienced being #2.

Matthew Hernandez
Matthew Hernandez

Politics was never the focus
Yeah so let's not criticize the author for doing shit over something that's not the focus. Hell one could say that a good anime is made out of good details.

but why is it you take offense to something completely understandable?

Because an understandable mistake is still a mistake.

One bit villains?
I don't understand your expression, as you might assume it I'm not a native English speaker.

Why are you trying to convince my "opinion" is wrong though? Seems like you're an autist trying to force your own opinion down my throat as if mine was objectively wrong.

Mason Allen
Mason Allen

watching anime
for the politics
I don't really know what you expected from a Japanese LN.

Matthew Bennett
Matthew Bennett

Even at the height of the degeneracy of the US military in the 70s it was never more than a tiny amount.
Maybe not many soldiers are willing to sell their guns for a few bucks, but it would really change if the gun was worth a fortune, tbtqhwy familia.

Charles Rivera
Charles Rivera

Pretty sure people constantly talk shit about america and its war crimes dude.

Joshua Price
Joshua Price

/thread

Brody Gray
Brody Gray

Americans committed war crimes on the daily in Iraq and Afghanistan with no 3rd party oversight yet convinced the world and themselves they were doing the right thing. Why is this a problem then?

In both conflicts other military forces were present to some degree, when crimes were committed by any nation's force legal action was taken.

The US for all it's errors doesn't as a policy commit war crimes even when run by Democrats.

Cameron Price
Cameron Price

Maybe not many soldiers are willing to sell their guns for a few bucks, but it would really change if the gun was worth a fortune, tbtqhwy familia.

What are they going to buy with magic land coinage? The only value to earth is as a novelty for which they could sell extra rations for. Even if they got pure gold coins they likely would get a better price selling their weapons in Japan.

Also I think you strongly underestimate the dedication of the modern western style volunteer military.

Austin Green
Austin Green

That one last bit of your reply made me chuckle.

Camden Torres
Camden Torres

Yeah so let's not criticize the author
No, fuck your sarcasm. Politics was never the focus, only brought up because people think Americans should not be portrayed as losers in foreign media.

Because an understandable mistake is still a mistake.
Nope. It's not a mistake, everything is completely plausible. What's a mistake is to imagine that your country is completely impregnable and unbeatable.

I don't understand your expression
One of the reasons why people hate this series is that the political villains are all sandbags and strawmen. To that I say, Gate is a lighthearted adventure anime in the first place, it's not Black Lagoon. Who cares if we only see leftist Taiwanese in one ep getting sandbagged, she's not the focus of the anime. The point of the ep was to get the stupid political monkey off their backs, and they succeeded.

Why are you trying to convince my "opinion" is wrong though?
Because it is? It's a simple reason. It's like watching Pokemon and criticizing it for being kiddy. It's fucking retarded.

Jacob Smith
Jacob Smith

Not the user you've been talking to, but I don't think America would've tried to kidnap the special area diplomats/refugees away from Japan in the first place.

If we really wanted to meet them so badly we would've just applied heavy diplomatic pressure until Japan caves in and lets us.

It's been a while since I watched the episode. Didn't notBush want to give them a tour of America or something? How is taking them by force even a remotely good idea if you want them to like you?

In real life even if we applied diplomatic pressure and Japan still turned us down, we wouldn't have tried to take them by force. That's just plain stupid. We would've settled for whatever meeting we could get and continued applying diplomatic and economic pressure until Japan agrees to some kind of U.N. collaborative effort for studying the special area with U.S. at the head of it.

Samuel Robinson
Samuel Robinson

In the first 4 months of so of the operation?

Because the NATO observers got inside the Gate relatively quickly after the situation calmed down a bit.

Jacob Martin
Jacob Martin

this thread
Is the US filled with autists or something?

Charles Ramirez
Charles Ramirez

Are those F4s?

Connor Sullivan
Connor Sullivan

What are they going to buy with magic land coinage?
A castle, some guards and a whole harem of monster girls?

they likely would get a better price selling their weapons in Japan
I really doubt that anybody on Earth would pay more than the gun's weight in gold.

Also I think you strongly underestimate the dedication of the modern western style volunteer military.
For a lot of people it's just a job, even more so in pacifistic countries that didn't see war for generations, don't let Hollywood propaganda brainwash you.

Chase Nelson
Chase Nelson

Gate
Hate

But I thought Sup Forums liked Gate. there were nice threads every week

Jason Williams
Jason Williams

heavy diplomatic pressure until Japan caves in and lets us.
See that's the thing. They tried the good cop role by supplying weapons. They didn't get entry. So they tried bad cop role, and it still didn't work because Rory. There have been many people who said embargo, but would that really work seeing as there's a whole world of resources out there for Japan's taking? Not to mention they already know how isolationism works so it doesn't matter one bit. You could threaten war, but that would only escalate international tension further.

Didn't notBush want to give them a tour of America or something?
Japan is greedy. They didn't want America to get permission to get into the Gate.

we wouldn't have tried to take them by force
Not Bush is still based on Bush, and that dude did some boneheaded shit in his term. Even you can't argue that.

some kind of U.N. collaborative effort for studying the special area with U.S. at the head of it.
NATO in ep 23 or so, when the paratroopers were lying on their butts waiting.

Ian Reyes
Ian Reyes

No, fuck your sarcasm.
I'm not being sarcastic.
Politics was never the focus, only brought up because people think Americans should not be portrayed as losers in foreign media.
You're talking in circles here. The fact it's not the focus does not change the fact that it was poorly developed for something that is relevant to the anime. After the JSDF doing JSDF things, and the cute girls from the fairy world, it's the third most important thing in the series.

Nope. It's not a mistake, everything is completely plausible.
How was it not a mistake? I could explain in a number of ways how higher ups decisions were written by someone who has clearly now clue about what goes on in government level decision making, and I'm going to have most people in this thread on my side in this argument.

What's a mistake is to imagine that your country is completely impregnable and unbeatable.
My country was not mentioned even once in the anime, and I'm not taking any sides in this argument except for the fact politics and diplomacy were very stupid. I didn't even say the CIA would not get blown the fuck out in the context they were, you're making a lot of assumptions.

One of the reasons why people hate this series is that the political villains are all sandbags and strawmen
Why do you think I care?

To that I say, Gate is a lighthearted adventure anime in the first place, it's not Black Lagoon. Who cares if we only see leftist Taiwanese in one ep getting sandbagged, she's not the focus of the anime. The point of the ep was to get the stupid political monkey off their backs, and they succeeded.
This is a matter of opinion not fact, so I don't really care.
It's like watching Pokemon and criticizing it for being kiddy. It's fucking retarded

It's not retarded, it's obvious. It would be retarded to be angry at someone for pointing out the obvious, though.

Joseph Garcia
Joseph Garcia

it's the third most important thing in the series.
not first
So it's not the focus then. I'm still right.
poorly developed
The politics in the show was a means to an end. You might as well complain about the anime not going full /k/ because it's a military show.

who has clearly now clue about what goes on in government level decision making
And I assume someone who's in Sup Forums and not in the government has a better idea? Come on. Again, GATE is not Black Lagoon.

Why do you think I care?
Because that's the shit you're talking about.

It's not retarded, it's obvious.
And the obvious isn't supposed to be a mistake or a detriment like you're making it out to be.

Jason Russell
Jason Russell

Manages do squander a halfway decent premise on an end product that ends up being a mix of boring and stupid.

Andrew Turner
Andrew Turner

Not any of the two anons you're talking to but just a reminder the JSDF sent *at least* 5 fucking Kawazaki cargo planes to the special region.

The mere fact that 5 of them took off at the same time suggests there might be more, and that's just for paratroopers.

A unit with at least 5 paratrooper companies is typically part of a patrooper regiment, and paratrooper regiments cannot opperate by themsevles unless embbed to something the size of a division or even brigade. Do you have any idea of how many people a division has? It just shows how unrealistic this show is.

Hudson Hall
Hudson Hall

Yes, the japs only sent old shit in the GATE world, hence the Special Terrain Type 74 tanks and the Howa type 64 rifles. (also 7.62 is more efficient againts orcs than the 5.56 of the Howa type 89)

Leo Gomez
Leo Gomez

It just shows how unrealistic this show is.
Yes, because Japan can't mobilize people especially after their own 9/11 where 100k people died.

It just shows how angry you are over this show. Get over it.

Samuel Edwards
Samuel Edwards

Personally, with its mild success I'm hoping for bandwagon jumpers. I could use more military anime, at least ones that don't involve high school girls or magical girls being equipment.

Ian Walker
Ian Walker

So it's not the focus then. I'm still right.
Never implied you were wrong at this, just saying that it's cool when an author doesn't shit over relevant aspects of his anime.

The politics in the show was a means to an end. You might as well complain about the anime not going full /k/ because it's a military show.

I can see your point but what's the end? There's no thing such as an "end" to an anime, specially an anime like this, it's just about watching it and enjoying what you see on the screen, and I'm just saying that I didn't enjoy what I saw.

And I assume someone who's in Sup Forums and not in the government has a better idea?

I'm pretty sure that if I can at least point out the innacuracies, and have an idea of what could have happened more realistically. I spend a lot of time reading history books and official reports of the ministries of foreing affairs of the various countries in the world. 2 hours ago I read it that China signed a deal with Palau that they'd exchange economic aid for the permission to build a naval research base in their territory. I'm quite confident with my knowledge, you could call it a skill or hobby even.

And the obvious isn't supposed to be a mistake or a detriment like you're making it out to be.
You're the one who replied to me in the first moment.

Brayden Young
Brayden Young

Where is it written that 0.1 million died in the attack?

Mason Long
Mason Long

Fucking Nips not taking their history of atrocities seriously.

Wyatt Thompson
Wyatt Thompson

That's absurd. They would have had to be almost soley focused on killing civlians to manage that in the time of the attack.

See, genocide with muscle-powered weapons is hard. That's why it's so impressive that the Mongols killed forty million people; they did it by hand.

Jacob Ramirez
Jacob Ramirez

This.
The simple fact Japan sent shit tons of troops over the GATE is already ridiculous. They're called JSDF for a reason.

Brandon Garcia
Brandon Garcia

Butthurt Americans with small peepees. It was one of the most solidly entertaining shows.

Robert Russell
Robert Russell

Because FUCK YEAH AMERICA is fine but FUCK YEAH JAPAN is not. How dare Japan praise their own army instead of USA's? They need to get nuked again.

Dylan Long
Dylan Long

They were acting in Self Defense though.

Jaxon Green
Jaxon Green

Once they had established that the locals posed no threat and whipped out most of the workforce of a generation, that's rather debatable.

Robert Reyes
Robert Reyes

1) The attack is more correctly interpreted as terrorism rather than a military operation, therefore, it's not war, and thus, the JSDF should have not been activated.

2) According to treaties, Japan cannot send troops to fight overseas even when in foreing defense unless under the supervision of troops of the United States. The USMC fills the role of the Japanese marine corps.
3) They didn't even have it for sure that people from the other side of the gate were really the ones who attacked Japan.
4) They bombarded a civilian target, the senate, when there was no legal reason to do so.

Christian Taylor
Christian Taylor

No, they're taking them very seriously.

They're clearly putting a lot of effort into making sure their war crimes are more efficient, and are inflicted on a population even less able to fight back

Liam Taylor
Liam Taylor

There have been many people who said embargo, but would that really work seeing as there's a whole world of resources out there for Japan's taking?

Yes, because it would take time for Japan to set up the infrastructure to supply themselves solely through the gate.

Colton Brooks
Colton Brooks

time and resources

Connor Rodriguez
Connor Rodriguez

America fuck yea = Good
Japan fuck yea = Bad

Carson Reed
Carson Reed

They get elves and chinese women mixed up, sadly.

John Fisher
John Fisher

shit
anime
Redundant. All anime is shit.

Grayson Gomez
Grayson Gomez

And also because assuming resources are the sole function of an embargo is Civ Thinking.

If that were the case, the current sanctions wouldn't be having nearly the (prehaps limited) effect they are on Russia. In short, cutting off access to foreign markets for your finished goods is at least as important as cutting off materials, though there are other factors beyond those two that need to be considered. Because comparative advantage is bizarre like that.

Doubly so in the case of a country like Japan, which isn't and economy dominated my manufacturing.

Jackson Bennett
Jackson Bennett

America fuck yea = Good
Japan fuck yea everyone else is stupid go fuck yourselves = Bad

Dominic Green
Dominic Green

Great summary of this thread.

Come on Sup Forums, this is shitty japanese anime not your shitty hollywood movies where russians and middle easterners are the big bad getting destroyed by one man. At least give them a chance to be relevant in their fantasy world.

Jaxson Flores
Jaxson Flores

Doubly so in the case of a country like Japan

But couldn't you just cut them off and wait for them to die of old age?

Nolan Harris
Nolan Harris

Okay. This

Is a good summary of your autism.

Aiden Harris
Aiden Harris

Chinks and Koreans pretend Burgers.

Jeremiah Torres
Jeremiah Torres

This pretty much.

Anthony Scott
Anthony Scott

Not any of you but what would have really happened is a bit this.

Japan tries to act on its own as fast as possible to take advtange of what happened within its own territory, has the goal of completely conquering the territory to use it as its own with a puppet government in the head of the Empire
Moves in the JSDF after a first inspection with drones and robots and keeps secret of whatever happened inside from the rest of the world
UNSC comes in and rules out Japan can't make the special region its playground
Special region is declared to be some sort of international soil with special economic zone for the various countries in accordance to their relevance in international affairs, Japan gets some sort of special treatment because its within its own soil, and so does the USA because muh treaty of friendship and cooperation
By this time, a lot of Japanese rookies have already been bribed by foreing governments to sell secrets about the special region, and there are spies within the JSDF itself
None of the magic shit would ever be public knowledge, public panic a lot of places and very little information being given to the media
/pol/'s catalog full of happening threads

Gavin Moore
Gavin Moore

to supply themselves solely through

You know, I wonder if that would even work. I mean, the gate is big, but I'm not sure if you could supply an entire country by an 8(?) lane highway, especially if anything needs to move the other way.

I could try and do some math, but that would probably require more work that the author put into the story.

Sebastian Cruz
Sebastian Cruz

/pol/'s catalog full of happening threads

But what would /pol/ do if this triggered a global race war?

Jaxson Wilson
Jaxson Wilson

I also forgot that the Empire and any other kingdoms wouldn't last more than a week after any relevant military force crosses the gate, and that /int/ would make "roll" threads so that each poster gets to see what part of the new world they'd get.

Hudson Brown
Hudson Brown

How would this trigger a global race war, and how different would the reaction be from happening threads?

Elijah Lee
Elijah Lee

Do you watch american action movies? Because I feel like you don't. Hell, have you seen some of the dumb shit from Chinese and Korean cinema where Japan is the unstoppable supervillain? Most of that is blow up beyond imagination and it gets a gold star of approval from shit-for-brains critics and its viewers.

Jacob Wood
Jacob Wood

wouldn't last more than a week

I feel like a lot of the governments should have collapsed after the massacre at Anus Hill. Other than the economic problems of losing that many soldiers, and thus workers, it will have obliterated the support base (i.e. troop base) of most of the regional rules. Their opponents, who would provide them with the least support and thus lose the least to the IJA, would suddenly be in much stronger potions.

Thing sacking of Baghdad all over again, but on a larger scale.

Ian Cook
Ian Cook

100+ years old elf calls 30 years old MC father

Sounds normal

The princes of the most powerfull nation on the other side of the gate is called Pina Colada

Haha that is so funny

She is also a fujoshi

Oh Japan you so silly

What about the French maid outfits in a medieval setting? the perfect indoor lighting even though there is no electricity? the obviously stronger races being slaves of humans?

Dude is fantasy

The JSDF did something that is not suppose to do

MUH REALISM!

Michael Young
Michael Young

I feel like you're missing all the shit those get, too.

Chinese and Korean

I though we were hating on America

Japan is the unstoppable supervillain

They have some experience with that.

Jack White
Jack White

fuck yea everyone else is stupid go fuck yourselves = Bad

Sounds like every other American media

Jaxson Anderson
Jaxson Anderson

but would that really work seeing as there's a whole world of resources out there for Japan's taking?
Yes! The gate is the size of an underpass. Therefore, the amount of resources that can get through in a given period of time has a maximum that is too small to sustain the Japanese economy by itself.

Anthony Rivera
Anthony Rivera

Not really.
Losing 100 000 men isn't exactly that much of an abnormality, specially in that time and age.
And the setting is more ancient than medieval, fuck you.

Isaac Williams
Isaac Williams

Gate triggers: Tumblr, reddit, /v/, /pol/, burgers, China, Korea.

And some people like me just don't like the show because they think but we are less vocal about it

Sebastian Brooks
Sebastian Brooks

I kinda wondered why they didn't fire some Smerch salvos through the gate before advancing just to make sure not to run in an ambush

Jordan Cruz
Jordan Cruz

I though we were hating on America
What? Isn't this thread about Gate going full retard with politics and war? There are obviously going to be a large amount of Americans in this thread but the show has other global superpowers in it as well. China and Korea are just shit examples of nationalism going overboard since you didn't take the American cinema version of the explanation.

Mason Thompson
Mason Thompson

Politics and budgets.

Those never make any sense when put together.

Juan Nelson
Juan Nelson

They already wear armor.
Not the kind that protects from arrows or swords.
At least riot shields should be popular as fuck.

Cameron Baker
Cameron Baker

I'm not mad that this show was blatant nip power wanking of the lowest sort, because that's not really a big deal. My issue was that the series really wanted to be realistic and serious with the international politics elements while still being blatant nip wanking. You can't have both. Either have believable international politics (i.e.NATO, read America, controls the GATE, and Japan if it's lucky plays a support role. America's presence is just enough of a deterrent to stop Russia and China from straight up annexing and invading Japan for the GATE) or have your invented fantasy that nips are perfect saviors with the height of culture and chivalry towards these ignorant savages. Having both made the show impossible to enjoy in any capacity, and made it equal parts cringe (WOW THESE JSDF ARE SO GOOD, EVEN I, A GREEN BERET, CAN'T HANDLE THEIR 9 FOOT YELLOW COCKS) and unintentionally hilarious (WOW THESE JAP MEN ARE SO PURE AND CHIVALROUS, THEY WON'T BUY THESE MONSTER GIRL HOOKERS EVEN THOUGH LITERALLY EVERY SOLDIER ON DEPLOYMENT DOES THAT). It wanted to be everything, and as a result succeeded at nothing. Even the doujins it spawned are subpar.

The worst part was that MC, despite being a supposed badass warrior and a canon nonvirgin, didn't fuck the Death Demigod when she had the violence lady boner at the onsen. I think that was the moment that I realized the series was truly beyond any and all redemption.

Owen Lee
Owen Lee

Not to mention that riot police were the front line in Ginza.

Hudson Barnes
Hudson Barnes

I really doubt that anybody on Earth would pay more than the gun's weight in gold.
Here is where you are confused; the Empire actually have much less gold than Earth, and as such their gold is actually MORE expensive than the metal is on Earth. You are not going to find anybody with a chest filled with gold in the Empire unless you are dealing with the government.

You maybe think this is some RPG where you actually use gold to buy eggs and milk? Hell no, a gold coin is what is used to store your life's savings in. Most Empire citizens would have never had the opportunity to actually ever TOUCH gold once or twice in their lives.

Your confusion comes in thinking the Empire is rich. That is incorrect, the Empire is extremely poor. And that means its citizens are also very poor.

Levi Morales
Levi Morales

They predicted the future..and they were right

Dylan Green
Dylan Green

For example, in the Minotaur arc Itami used a bag of gold to weigh down a floor trap, in order to save his dark elf slave. She actually told him that she "isn't WORTH that much gold!"

Adrian Lopez
Adrian Lopez

Well if I had money, tell you what I'd do
go through the gate and get a Mercury Waifu

Tyler Diaz
Tyler Diaz

Not the kind that protects from arrows or swords.
You will not get past a ceramic plate held in a kevlar vest with a sword or an arrow.

Noah Cook
Noah Cook

If Pina is canon for firecrotch...

Andrew Wilson
Andrew Wilson

Is it better to be hated, or ignored?

pic related

Jeremiah Howard
Jeremiah Howard

The anime ruined the manga character designs

Brandon Cooper
Brandon Cooper

At least they toned down Rori's whore lipstick. She was cute aside from that, and I'm not sorry to see it go.

Aaron Ramirez
Aaron Ramirez

In anime and to liberals IRL western nations are portrayed as power hungry and use advance technology to beat up poor innocent undeveloped people, and stick their nose in other peoples business
In this anime Japan does the exact same thing they accuse the western world of doing to this medieval mystical world
It okay, Japan is the good guys

Constant stroking of Japan's "military might", making this medieval world think Japan is the mightiest thing in existence
IRL Japan is a punching bag that could be obliterated off the face of the earth in 4 hours.

Japan does not allow anyone but themselves inside the gate
IRL Japan's military is not allowed outside of Japan
If other countries entered the gate, the medieval would side with them

World of beautiful western medieval women, hybrids and more
They marry disgusting Japanese people
If western countries were allowed in, NOBODY would fuck japanese people.

So basically, IRL Japan is a joke, in this series, Japan is number one and hypocritical.

Liam Adams
Liam Adams

Here is where you are confused; the Empire actually have much less gold than Earth, and as such their gold is actually MORE expensive than the metal is on Earth. You are not going to find anybody with a chest filled with gold in the Empire unless you are dealing with the government.
Africa is poor as shit too, and yet almost every nigger is armed to the teeth.

Alexander Adams
Alexander Adams

That's something that really bugged me in the anime. How she just shows up and kills these guys for very little reason.

Easton Walker
Easton Walker

tripfag

Didn't read your comment.

Brayden Jones
Brayden Jones

Yeah but we lost these!

William Smith
William Smith

HOLY SHIT NEW MANGA

Ian Allen
Ian Allen

None of the magic shit would ever be public knowledge,
Yes, it would.
When stuff STARTS with a fucking portal, there's very little you can do to hide the fact that magic is in play.

David Stewart
David Stewart

Good concept, terrible execution

Nolan Russell
Nolan Russell

That's the only way she gets wet.

Kayden Wright
Kayden Wright

That's not the problem. The problem is that the anime seems to imply she just shows up and kills dudes for very little reason. Makes her looks crazy.

Well, crazier than she is.

Josiah Turner
Josiah Turner

France could blow Japan the fuck out.

William Morgan
William Morgan

Disregard /polak/

Post best girl

Zachary Butler
Zachary Butler

The only people the French Blow in any way are Somalis and Arabs.

Tyler Brooks
Tyler Brooks

No QT angel GF

Why even live?

Liam Allen
Liam Allen

France has nukes,
The japanese don't.

Jaxon Cooper
Jaxon Cooper

Pina getting that face.

Isaac Cook
Isaac Cook

Nukes are no longer relevant, because any country that uses them instantly becomes an enemy to every other country.

Jose Evans
Jose Evans

what i really dislike in that anime is how the fucking japanese diplomat is ultra dumb : "yes let me seel mortars to the other kingdom so that eventually they can overthrow the empire" this fucker is gonna turn this world into a ww1 setting

Lincoln Gomez
Lincoln Gomez

dat desperate pina

aww

Blake Morales
Blake Morales

CHICKEN

James Hughes
James Hughes

and that's all

Carson Wilson
Carson Wilson

awwww

Nathaniel Sanchez
Nathaniel Sanchez

has gotten really close to someone

Kayden Rogers
Kayden Rogers

What? You didn't know about Tomita and Boozes?

Asher Brooks
Asher Brooks

No firecrotch

But Mizari bush is now canon

Ayden Murphy
Ayden Murphy

She scares me.

Sebastian Howard
Sebastian Howard

But she's a cute idiot

Henry Wood
Henry Wood

I could do with some tinselcrotch

Lincoln Cook
Lincoln Cook

gotta bump with something

Carson Sanchez
Carson Sanchez

because fascist propaganda

Adrian Campbell
Adrian Campbell

Fag.
These aren't the Romans I know.

Jackson Walker
Jackson Walker

Crap, all I have left are nudes of the catgirls

Benjamin Jones
Benjamin Jones

50% of the series have been censored so far.

Leo Brooks
Leo Brooks

wait what?

Jaxon Gutierrez
Jaxon Gutierrez

I'd buy that body for a dollar.

Benjamin Rogers
Benjamin Rogers

Its done a bit wrong because the allied kingdoms never do fucking anything to adapt.

The japs can win in the end who cares, but alteast make it look like they are trying something else.

Dropping armour for lighter combat, I mean after the first few encounters they should know its useless against guns right? ambushing and guerilla tactics as well that kinda thing.

If every battle is gonna be JAPAN NR 1 WE KILL WHITEY then theres no reason to keep watching.

Colton Hughes
Colton Hughes

simply because it's simple and not avant‐garde

Nolan Powell
Nolan Powell

Jingoistic bullshit and an absolutely delusional author.

Joshua Cook
Joshua Cook

Try using a period next time

Jackson Bailey
Jackson Bailey

He did use periods.
The problem is that he wrote without thinking. I assume he's underage and from an English speaking country.

Brody Evans
Brody Evans

That's assuming Japan would depend entirely on the Gate though. Maybe for oil and metals only. Agriculture and horticulture can be done on their own land.

Evan Walker
Evan Walker

Agriculture and horticulture can be done on their own land.
Japan is not as flat as you may think.

Gabriel Kelly
Gabriel Kelly

They're not having food shortages and famines are rarer than earthquakes. They're fine.

Hudson Ramirez
Hudson Ramirez

They're not having food shortages
They're importing food.

Robert Murphy
Robert Murphy

They weren't importing for 300 years. They'll be fine.

Alexander Taylor
Alexander Taylor

At different population densities.

Daniel King
Daniel King

Japan didn't have 126 million people 300 years ago.

Carson Cooper
Carson Cooper

Shameless Otaku Power Fantasy, heavy-handed and particularly provincial understanding of international politics akin to jingoism, poor character designs (and direction for Season 1); black-and-white character alignments and motivations.

Carter Rivera
Carter Rivera

Japan is near the top for proportion of food imported. Land for food security would be a top priority in any imperialist endeavor undertaken.

Luke Perez
Luke Perez

And you think they can't manage now?
If there's one thing the nip governments are good at it's taking care of their people.

Andrew Walker
Andrew Walker

If there's one thing the nip governments are good at it's taking care of their people.
Like by sending people back to Fukushima telling them everything is fine and by burying radioactive material below playing grounds. Yeah I know, they look out for their people.

And you think they can't manage now?
That would be the essence of what was said, right?

Ryder Young
Ryder Young

everyone get's waifus

That had me in stitches

Justin Ortiz
Justin Ortiz

imperialist
fucking /pol/ it's a discussion if japan can take an embargo

one example is the norm
Yeah fuck no, every country has their own secrets, make it so only japan does it why don't you

That would be the essence of what was said, right?
Right, because it would be so difficult to level mountains for farmland with japan's money and homebased machinery.

Landon Harris
Landon Harris

Right, because it would be so difficult to level mountains for farmland
Yes, it would actually. You certainly wouldn't be able to do it in time for the next harvest.

Connor Martin
Connor Martin

Right, because it would be so difficult to level mountains

Unless you're fucking Akuma or Goku or some shit that's extremely hard

with japan's money

I don't keep up with world economy terribly closely but last I checked the yen wasn't doing to hot.

Cooper Nelson
Cooper Nelson

Yeah no lol. philipines leveled their own mountains in just a year. What more japan

fuck back off pol

Justin Peterson
Justin Peterson

in just a year.
Which is definitely too late for the next harvest - and that's ignoring the fact that the Japanese population would positively thrilled about the prospect of ruining their nature.

fuck back off pol
So now you are just ignoring arguments with ad hominems?
You can google Japan's national debt. They are not doing fine.

Zachary Cooper
Zachary Cooper

Which is definitely too late for the next harvest
are you a farmer?
besides, you're acting like japan won't have stock in storage to last them one harvest season you retard

ad hominems
your post had fucking goku and akuma why would i take it seriously?
plus world market shit don't count when you're in embargo. that's why its isolation fool

Michael Diaz
Michael Diaz

you're acting like japan won't have stock in storage to last them one harvest season you retard
Food reserves are not as big as you may think.
Also, those aren't the only reserves that would be needed. Japan is also dependent on oil imports for example. Now you want to increase their oil use during that embargo?
Have fun.

your post had fucking goku and akuma
It's not my post. But if you missed the point of WHY Goku and Akuma had been brought up I invite you to reread it.
Goku and Akuma are not /pol/ territory anyway.

Ryan Jenkins
Ryan Jenkins

speaking for the japanese government
you are severely underestimating people's adaptability to change
not everyone is a no-hoper couch potato like you and me

It's not my post.
Then why bring it up? Not my fault Sup Forums is stupid enough to think mountains can't be leveled.

Parker Powell
Parker Powell

speaking for the japanese government
I'm making points based on what we know about Japan.
you are severely underestimating people's adaptability to change
People are also unwilling to change if it isn't necessary. The embargo is a blackmail for something that isn't nearly as essential to the Japanese as food and oil.
not everyone is a no-hoper couch potato like you and me
Not everyone is as delusional as you.

Then why bring it up?
Because you're behaving like an ass, cherry picking what arguments you think you have a retort to and blocking off the others for being /pol/.

Ryan Allen
Ryan Allen

It was alright for a show made in a sweatshop.

John Stewart
John Stewart

adaptability to change
They'd change their government before they'd change their eating habits or level any mountains.

Josiah Powell
Josiah Powell

blocking off the others for being /pol/.
okay which arguments did i block off? because i addressed them all. yen doing like shit (and rising back last i checked) matters nothing in embargo, and embargo is not imperialism.

Because you're behaving like an ass
welcome to the real world

People are also unwilling to change if it isn't necessary.
Well if their country is approaching food shortage don't you think they'll focus on that?
You think the nips won't build oil rigs at the gate to stave off the shortage while inventing efficient electric cars?
Why do you think everyone's tech level raised by a ton between 2 world wars? It's because everyone was desperate
Fucking hell

Not everyone is as delusional as you.
You exhibited ignorance in agriculture yet you call me delusional lol.

Caleb Green
Caleb Green

i addressed them al
After being force-fed, yes.

welcome to the real world
I should say that to you. You do something stupid, you'll get a response.

Well if their country is approaching food shortage don't you think they'll focus on that?
Yeah, why not. Why not put pressure on the government to end that stupid embargo?
You think the nips won't build oil rigs
build an entire infrastructure for oil in a place with nothing
Sure, That's their plan. But they don't expect to be done within two weeks.
Why do you think everyone's tech level raised by a ton between 2 world wars? It's because everyone was desperate
That's not how it works.
I exhibited ignorance in agriculture
Yes, you did.
You even thought Japan was independent right now.

Julian Kelly
Julian Kelly

I understand succession and all that shit but they really should have just made her Queen from the start. Her older brothers where an idiot and a pussy respectively.

Camden Brown
Camden Brown

That's just not how succession works

Jack Bell
Jack Bell

philipines leveled their own mountains in just a year
MTM produces exceptionally poor farmland at best.

Luke Mitchell
Luke Mitchell

Could you faggots stop bitching?

Aaron Thomas
Aaron Thomas

It's tactically bankrupt for starters.
What's the fun of a what if scenario when the what if is just glossed over?
Gate's ultimately just Itami dicking around, the premise was a lie.

Blake Ward
Blake Ward

And that's all the webms. Mostly.

Caleb Sanchez
Caleb Sanchez

I personally dropped it because of a complete lack of world building desu. It was good for one season as weapon porn, but it never really established the main character as anything other than a self-insert Mary Sue and never built to a larger threat really. I would've liked to see Terraformars style internal breakdown and with the enemy being smarter/evolving faster than they can predict. Maybe not necessarily using modern weapons but perhaps using modern doctrine or changing strategy. I haven't gotten that far into the second season but I don't really see a point anymore if its not gonna get better.

Josiah Gutierrez
Josiah Gutierrez

Useless faggot middle.

Ryder Rodriguez
Ryder Rodriguez

I'll tell you what I really fucking hate about this show. It's the fucking architecture. The authors of this show just decided "let's just get all of the pre-19th century European architecture we can find and mash it all together WEHAY BANTER" and so you get stupid shit like 18th century palaces in a world which is supposedly medieval in terms of technology and the building styles aren't even consistent in single areas. Ugh.

Also the fact that discount Roman legions are fighting alongside medieval knights.

Gavin Foster
Gavin Foster

2) According to treaties, Japan cannot send troops to fight overseas
fight overseas
That's the point the anime/manga/LN made though. The entirety of that zone is Japanese territory. It is not overseas.
3. They didn't
They came out from the fucking Gate. And when they arrived at the Gate, they got attacked by the same people with the same armor and weapons.
They bombarded a civilian target
A political center is not a "civilian" target. In war, capital cities get struck. Those "civilian" centers are command and control for their entire armed force.

Isaiah Walker
Isaiah Walker

Didn't the Ginza attack end up having a 100,000 death count for the Japanese?

Nathan Young
Nathan Young

and I even enjoyed watching the CIA shootout scene, but it is a fact and not an opinion that geopolitics in the anime, and even Japan's internal politics, were extremely poorly written.
Can you explain what is wrong about what was written?

China is literally forcing immigration into Africa with its excess male population and extracting resources at an unbelievable rate until the recent economic crash.

America has been considered a warmongering nation hungry for resources (mostly oil) for the past 2 decades, after ignoring UN mandates or going beyond the authority given by a UN mandate in Iraq and then in Libya.

Russia is basically a rentier state (country with lots of natural resources) with nuclear power/great power status and would see the new land as competition since it can supply Japan with so much resources, it would make Japan virtually self-sufficient.

Is there anything that they missed? What wasn't correct or perceived as correct in the last decade or so? Can you list what's wrong?

Samuel Perry
Samuel Perry

The US for all it's errors doesn't as a policy commit war crimes even when run by Democrats.
For every 1 terrorist killed by drone strikes, 9 innocent people die as collateral damage. And that's leaked information from the US government itself, man. You gotta accept that our country kills a shitload of people in this counterterrorist war we're in.

Julian Anderson
Julian Anderson

He got a really good waifu.

Sebastian Reed
Sebastian Reed

Japan is USA colony. If GATE had opened in japan it's literally the same thing as if it's opened in USA. not shiity nips militia but USA army should came in.

Ryan Morgan
Ryan Morgan

Actually, most of the USAF (like almost all of them) are based on Okinawa. It's one of the things that make the Okinawans sorta resentful of the mainland Japanese.

James Thompson
James Thompson

I want to do all kinds of things to/with Tuka

William Martinez
William Martinez

it would make Japan virtually self-sufficient.
From whom, Russia? Do they even trade with each other?

Julian Long
Julian Long

There's an entire planet on the other side of the world. Once Japan becomes self-sufficient, it literally would have economic rights to all those resources, which once transferred back to Japan, means Japan would also become a resource-producing state. Hence, competition. Which means lower global resource prices. This ain't rocket science.

Brody Young
Brody Young

So does Tuka actually get sexual at all like the other heroines?

Camden Hughes
Camden Hughes

Like give her can coffee and treat her to a ramen shop?

Samuel Hill
Samuel Hill

Chinese and Korean butthurt about never being able to beat Japan.

Oliver Richardson
Oliver Richardson

Because its like the "Duty Calls" of Anime but Duty Calls is satire and a joke, GATE is actually serious.

Adrian James
Adrian James

Even if they lost a gun it does dick all for the other side. You can't manufacture more just from one, not when you're a pre-industrial society. Not to mention the lack of training or the knowledge to clean and maintain the gun, the best you can do is get a few kills with the stolen gun, not enough to really turn the tide.

I mean, not saying that GATE is well written. And heck magic could do a fuck ton more to even the odds. But your logic is flawed.

Anthony Foster
Anthony Foster

You can't manufacture more just from one, not when you're a pre-industrial society.

You contradict this statement in your own post. See

And heck magic could do a fuck ton more to even the odds.

To give you a /tg/ protip: Wizards are unbelievably formidable if they aren't being shoehorned into ineffectiveness by a shitty author. The common image of a wizard being some guy in a pointy hat throwing a bunch of fireballs and lightning bolts is actually the least effective and least relevant way to use a wizard.

The best way to illustrate this is to consider the example you cited about guns.

In most magic systems a wizard apprentice is, through magic, able to identify what a gun is named, what it is used for, how it is used, how it is maintained, and how it is made. He will not be able to actually make the gun itself, though.

A junior wizard is able to do all of these things in addition to being able to make the gun itself in only a few seconds as long as he has access to a block of steel that he is able to magically craft into a gun. He can make a couple of them each day.

A full-fledged wizard would be able to not just magically craft a block of steel into a gun but to obtain the steel itself by transmuting a block of rock or wood. He would also be able to improve the gun by imbuing it with additional magical abilities and he would have a sufficient number of spells to be able to make a small arsenal of guns every day.

An archmage would be able to make enough guns for an entire army in only a few minutes, with every gun being far superior to the original copy due to enhancements made at the time of crafting. He would further be able to replicate not only small arms but things like fighter jets, tanks, helicopters, UAVs etc.

These examples are part of why GATE is such a wasted premise--because it eschews having a real conflict (despite having plenty of interesting elements that could establish one) in favor of >muh yamato damashii facerolling.

Bentley Hall
Bentley Hall

this
some of the best parts of TCW were the political episodes

Tyler Wood
Tyler Wood

Not even the insanely overpowered D&D wizards would be able to do what you describe, no idea what system you refer to

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page