https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dejima
http://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1462415212
https://twitter.com/anime_kabaneri/status/712444004520955904
https://twitter.com/maxpowervoice
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerhead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E64OsKZGLgQ
https://www.diffchecker.com/rr0ib1le
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habanero-tan
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/19/1462796649-1462726995-ezgif-2461092847.gif
https://youtu.be/7zQTEi2KwYA?t=7
Evan Allen
Evan Allen

Who cares?

Connor Cook
Connor Cook

I do.

Ryan James
Ryan James

He's a foreign technical expert. Like in the meiji era how Japan hired many foreign engineers to teach them how to build shit, he's there because he's there to teach japan how to build shit. Or was, before the habaneros.

Andrew Bailey
Andrew Bailey

Stand back, everyone.

Ayden Lewis
Ayden Lewis

Invisible cello

Logan Adams
Logan Adams

Araki is having too much fun with the show, no surprise is turning out fantastic and topping the preorder charts too.

Mason Williams
Mason Williams

Except this isn't Meiji because there is still a Shogun - most like the Meiji Restoration didn't happen because it's late 19th or very early 20th century. But yes, you're probably right apart from that.

Alexander Butler
Alexander Butler

WHOA

Noah Kelly
Noah Kelly

Creators thinks it would be omoshiroi to add englando gaijin, because nippon so obsessed with english world

William Russell
William Russell

He's here for the REPAIRS.

Mason Morgan
Mason Morgan

Probably an alternate universe where Japan never eliminated the samurai/daimyo system

Blake Allen
Blake Allen

A travelling train otaku who happens to get caught up in the whole shennanigan.

Michael Evans
Michael Evans

I'm pretty sure someone on the staff or production came across the voice actor/announcer and designed a role for him.

Lucas Collins
Lucas Collins

There is a high chance he is supposed to be a foreign engineer out of Dejima.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dejima

He might supposed to be dutch, but because people with the right accent are impossible to find and for japanese not recognizable as a dutch accent. Instead they went with a heavy american english accent because it is recognizable to japanese audience.

There is historical evidence for japanese hiring foreign engineers during the time as mentioned

Xavier Gray
Xavier Gray

To words, motherfucker.

T K.

Ian Taylor
Ian Taylor

Anyone else get mad at the swordfighting kabane asspull?

I mean jesus, i hate to say it, but they should have went with a better explaination with it, like "skilled individuals can sometimes retain their skills after becoming a kabane", and not the 'it lived long enough to somehow become proficient with blades"

Juan Hernandez
Juan Hernandez

Most glorious hair yet.

Parker Gutierrez
Parker Gutierrez

The show is based on Sengoku Japan, not Meiji, idiot. He's clearly an analogue to Dutch, Spanish, and Portuguese foreigners who helped out various daimyo of that era. Most sengoku-period shows feature one or two gaijins.

Brody Torres
Brody Torres

I didn't get mad, but I was confused. It would make more sense if it was some sort of ability retention. I thought it might have been some sort of translation error.

Robert Lee
Robert Lee

It's wild, man

Jaxson Smith
Jaxson Smith

I'm fine with it. Clearly it grew physically and has fucked up internal structure. These aren't just zombies, they're freaky disease super zombies. They have some form of cognizance as they knew to jump onto the train as it went by, it is merely mostly instinctual. Trial and error taught him to use swords, I'm guessing most die before they get to his skill level because swords are hard when you don't actually think.

Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin

I still believe that everybody says rokkon shojo because someone once heard him say "Rock on Girl!" to the train and everybody loved it so much they wanted to know what it meant and it just stuck.

Jace Ward
Jace Ward

4 fucking episodes of "THEY ARE THE ENEMY EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE NOT HOSTILE TOWARD US AND LET'S ALSO IGNORE THE FACT THAT THEY SAVED US COUNTLESS OF TIMES BUT LET'S KILL THEM ANYWAY!"'

i can't fucking deal with this shit
it's like this was written by a 14 year old

Nicholas Wilson
Nicholas Wilson

If you've spent literally your entire life in fear of something, that fear is hard to shake. Most people lost friends and family to the monsters. All humans lived in walled cities on constant fear. They gave every right to be fearful.

Lucas Gutierrez
Lucas Gutierrez

I understand that but it's being conveyed so poorly it's incredible.

Luke Turner
Luke Turner

not really, they're handling it pretty well compared to most shows and when you think about how little time is actually spent on habaneros interacting with the frightful normies it becomes the equivalent of a few pages in a manga volume.

Ethan Gonzalez
Ethan Gonzalez

It's actually preferable, otherwise we'd have an entire episode devoted to it simply dragging out what we can pretty much infer from just a few minutes of the show.

Brayden Brown
Brayden Brown

haven't bathed in days
SWEATY. UNWASHED. ARMPITS

Owen Powell
Owen Powell

Why was everyone so afraid to give blood before? It's not like Mumei asked to nom on their faces and give them zombie AIDS, just stick a needle in and drip some blood into a bucket...

Aaron Carter
Aaron Carter

Oh shit spooky.

Gavin Morgan
Gavin Morgan

Most of these people have never actually met a habanero because most people who see them close up die pretty quick, and the samurai being assholes like real samurai have no interest in educating them either, so that lack of knowledge leaves a lot of room open for superstition and fear mongering. Your average peasant probably couldn't tell you that habaneros can't talk and are attracted by blood.

Chase Ramirez
Chase Ramirez

Forced drama.

Jaxson Anderson
Jaxson Anderson

She needs to stop being such a unsexy 12 year old.

Brandon Roberts
Brandon Roberts

When will Ikoma stop being green? He looks like he's permanently dying of consumption or something.

John Peterson
John Peterson

He kind of is more than half super zombie you know?

Joshua Allen
Joshua Allen

They still regard the Kabaneris in the same light as the common Kabanes; they are monsters that will kill you if they're given the chance.

They fail to understand that the Kabaneris still retain some humanity within them. When they're still sane, they won't simply bite and eat people, but rather ask them to find other alternatives to give their blood, like what Ayame-sama does in the episode.

Wyatt Johnson
Wyatt Johnson

They still regard the Kabaneris in the same light as the common Kabanes; they are monsters that will kill you if they're given the chance.
Why? Has anybody ever met a Kabaneri or had one murder people behind their backs?

They fail to understand that the Kabaneris still retain some humanity within them.
Why? Has either Kabaneri they've met behaved in a manner less than human towards them?

When they're still sane, they won't simply bite and eat people, but rather ask them to find other alternatives to give their blood, like what Ayame-sama does in the episode.
Yeah, and when hungry Mumei asked the refugees for some blood they behaved like she was asking for a human sacrifice instead of, you know, a blood donation.
Then they acted like giving her blood would turn them into habaneros which goes against literally everything they know about habaneros.

Benjamin Martin
Benjamin Martin

The virus didn't get to his face, but his face is green.

David Turner
David Turner

is this show getting good?
haven't watched past ep1 because I don't have much time

Adrian Allen
Adrian Allen

It's AOTS, user.

But if you didn't like epi1, I'm not sure if you are going to like the rest since the tone is the same.

William Powell
William Powell

I actually liked ep1 and got fucking angry at ep2 delay
but my enthusiasm died off because I was busy

Cooper Thomas
Cooper Thomas

It's AOTS

Anthony Watson
Anthony Watson

How can Kurusu be so based?

Dylan Martin
Dylan Martin

He's a >SAMURAI, user.

Are we going to see him and Ikoma becoming friends?

Benjamin Gomez
Benjamin Gomez

kurusu will become a kabaneri. It's the strongest kabaneri.

Ryder Ortiz
Ryder Ortiz

He'll probably consider him a good comrade but won't still trust him completely.

He's a typical trope character of action series.

Xavier Brown
Xavier Brown

1 = Ikoma
2 = Biba
3 = Biba's boyfriend
4 = Kurusu
5 = Mumei
6 = Takumi

Correct?

Andrew Clark
Andrew Clark

Nah. His sword is the only thing going kabaneri.

David Richardson
David Richardson

How does that even work? Why is it the area around the heart is the only hard part that a steel blade can't pierce but his limbs are easy to dismember?

Don't tell me Kurusu was only added for his sword faggotry and they had to bend the story to make it useful?

Joseph Nguyen
Joseph Nguyen

If anyone is Kurusu, it's number 3.

Adam Morgan
Adam Morgan

Kurusu is taller than Ikoma, I don't think he's 4.

I think we're going to see some characters changing their appearance. And after that:

1 = Ikoma
2 = Biba
3 = Kurusu
4 = ?
5 = Ayame (the hair and height checks out)
6 = Takumi

None of them look like Mumei in my opinion.

Adrian Collins
Adrian Collins

1 = Ikoma
2 = ?
3 = Kurusu
4 = ?
5 = Ayame
6 = Takumi

Agreed.

Christopher Richardson
Christopher Richardson

An entrepreneur who brought steam technology to japan.

Luke Sanders
Luke Sanders

Ayame has a bow, not two guns.

Mason Thomas
Mason Thomas

That raises the question: WHERE IS MUMEI?

Joshua Long
Joshua Long

She becomes a crystal, see GC and SNK.

Hudson Watson
Hudson Watson

I think you'd be a lot more suspect of someone claiming to be a half breed if you were actually in such an apocalypse.

Jaxson Scott
Jaxson Scott

Wasn't there also something about them aping humans they see, or did I imagine that?
I kind of dig it, because it means the chobanis in denser areas are going to evolve more ridiculous abilities.

Logan Brown
Logan Brown

So, we are going to see a Metal Gear crossover in the next episode?

I took this picture from the official website.

Connor Watson
Connor Watson

Those are from Mumei after she crystallized.

Josiah Roberts
Josiah Roberts

SANIC??
HAYAI

Tyler Walker
Tyler Walker

This girl might be 4, whoever she is.

Being only 11 or 12 episodes long, do they really want to introduce so many new characters?

William Howard
William Howard

Being only 11 or 12 episodes long, do they really want to introduce so many new characters?

They're a group set up for S2.

Benjamin Miller
Benjamin Miller

I though it's Inori.

Aaron Watson
Aaron Watson

That's Inori. And if they actually put her in the show it would be the wildest ride ever.

Brody Ramirez
Brody Ramirez

crystal
not a STEEL wall

Camden Evans
Camden Evans

There is no season 2, this will be wrapped up in one season.

Easton Hall
Easton Hall

That's Inori from Guilty Crown, She's the persona vocalist of Egoist.

I want to see Makoto Segai.

Kevin Moore
Kevin Moore

This was what I thought also. Just the fact that they seem to coordinate their attacks into wave assaults rather than trickling into battle over a longer period of time indicates that they aren't mindless.

I assumed they were like smart animals which happen to have an overwhelming hunger for human flesh. And it's surprising how much dolphins or monkeys can figure out, given time and incentive.

Brandon Gutierrez
Brandon Gutierrez

Fuck I hope so. As much as I want more kabaneri, season 2 would most likely just be shit, as usual.

Jaxson Foster
Jaxson Foster

Where is this from?

Adam Morris
Adam Morris

There are an article about how they are animating it.
They are saying they are "making up" the characters.
http://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1462415212

Owen Lee
Owen Lee

No, the problem has always been the HEART cage - but you need to pen that in order to put the thing down for good. There's never been any reference of structural reinforcement to the rest of the body.

Eli Scott
Eli Scott

They should just make Egoist anime with Inori as main character, other girls as the rest of the group, and Segai as producer-san.

Logan Clark
Logan Clark

Ya I agree. Too many episodes will just make the plot progress very slowly but the concern is all these new characters getting the proper characterization is the problem.

I wouldn't mind if this was 22 episodes or something.

Some science in this story is desperately needed. Explanation on the virus and the Kabane's inner workings.

Jason Rodriguez
Jason Rodriguez

making up
I love the way they color hair.

Nicholas Davis
Nicholas Davis

that scene with hime giving blood to ikoma felt very biblical

as in the whole event was something that might be a part of a legend that grows unrealistically in time and various religious/supersitious customs are made from it, like i don't know, letting your blood on sunday as a prayer to the ancient kabane-removers

Kevin Campbell
Kevin Campbell

https://twitter.com/anime_kabaneri/status/712444004520955904
Official twitter. It's a contest to guess Miyano Mamoru's character.

Gabriel Carter
Gabriel Carter

mazuizo

Austin Miller
Austin Miller

Some science in this story is desperately needed
They are making a manga, right? Maybe it's going to be more detailed there.

Matthew Campbell
Matthew Campbell

It's obvious enough he's going to be this NO.2. Biba seems like an important role, Miyano even went for the stage greeting when Biba still hasn't shown up in the show and doesn't seem to be a main.

James Reed
James Reed

It's actually worse that that. If the world had just ended, I'm still getting everything figured out, and am thus not going to be inclined to assume I've got a grasp of how everything works. Doubly so if there's steam zombies around.

Therefore, if I run into a Kabeneri and the encounter is not-hostile or friendly, it becomes intgrated into my understanding of the situation. I don't know what the fuck is going on, so maybe this guy can retain his facilities.

On the other hand, after twenty years, I'm going to be much more inclined to assume I've got everything figured out, even if I actually don't.

Liam Barnes
Liam Barnes

Some science in this story is desperately needed. Explanation on the virus and the Kabane's inner workings.

I dunno, wasn't figuring that out part of Ikoma's whole shtick? I'd be EXTREMELY pleased if NATURAL SCIENCE and FIELD RESEARCH becomes part of the plot, but I'm not sure we could expect anyone to have all those answers to give us as exposition.

Jacob Fisher
Jacob Fisher

Next episode is going to feature this fun ride.

Connor Bennett
Connor Bennett

Looks like a station where the tracks are built up on the walls
Also reminds me of a locale from something I watched in the early 90's. Can't remember now for the life of me.

Landon Myers
Landon Myers

If you leave your room once in a while you will notice that people, as a whole, are pretty stupid.
Think of how people react to whatever drama we have in real life. Think of all the superstition surrounding ebola, which is pretty harmless compared to zombies trying to feast on my flesh.

Julian Powell
Julian Powell

They are? Didn't know, sounds awesome.

Ikoma mentioned the Shogonate has the best weapons and so I making the assumption they have a research facility where they experiment on kabane.

Connor Gomez
Connor Gomez

His REPAIR was mada owattanai.

Grayson Adams
Grayson Adams

Was this it?

Jackson Hughes
Jackson Hughes

Are people really this desperate to be spoonfed? Hardly anyone in this world is putting effort into trying to understand habaneros and even Ikoma, who dedicated his life to studying them doesn't know shit.

Who's supposed to explain the audience what the science is? Some disembodied narrator?

Even worse, you'd feel even more frustrated at the characters for not knowing shit instead of being interested in finding out more. Knowing more than the characters is always exasperating.

Brandon Edwards
Brandon Edwards

Mumei and Ikoma may have the most badass moments so far, but the way he showed up was great.

Michael Diaz
Michael Diaz

He scared me so hard, I wasn't expecting him to appear like this.

Thomas Perez
Thomas Perez

He showed up just like Mumei disappeared in ep 2, instantly.

Sebastian Scott
Sebastian Scott

Yeah, they were aping humans. Remember the guy who screamed when his friend got killed? The Elite Kabane started making a death scream straight away too. I suppose some of the smarter Kabane do that.

Samuel Cook
Samuel Cook

Does that mean he may be infected?

Aaron Carter
Aaron Carter

I'd say Mumei is suspicious about that, see the look on her face just after he unexpectedly deflects her shot throw in ep 3.

Kayden Stewart
Kayden Stewart

Becoming a kabaneri hasn't slowed you down one bit

Jordan Butler
Jordan Butler

Culturally it's sengoku but technologically it's meiji

Camden Bell
Camden Bell

I don't think he deflected the shot, I think Mumei was trying to intimidate him, but he didn't flinch and stood his ground, so she was impressed with how ballsy he was.

Specially since she mentions "They're all cowards" later on.

Ryder Morris
Ryder Morris

She would recognize the smell like with Ikoma. I think it was just the fact he didn't freak out at all.

Jayden Bennett
Jayden Bennett

But she can smell who is kabane, like she did with Ikoma.

Robert Rivera
Robert Rivera

Twitter of his VA https://twitter.com/maxpowervoice

Angel Scott
Angel Scott

Spicy Snake

John Cruz
John Cruz

originally a simple trader working for a Brittanian agricultural company
ship overrun by kabane
seeks refuge in Japan
people treat him like dirt because gaijin are icky and maybe infected
thanks to superior Brittanian intellect, sees problem in steam production, not enough heat
use a couple of habaneros he had stored for emergencies and greatly enhanced heat production
revolutionise steam production and earns respect and title of chief engineer

Jeremiah Long
Jeremiah Long

Probably a foreign technical expert to maintain the McRucky engine.

David Gray
David Gray

You mean culturally it's Sengoku but technologically it's the early 20th century.

Watch the sequence again, he lifts his rifle before the shot hits it.

We've already seen one new type of kabane this episode, maybe there are other types of kabaneri too. I'm wondering about this place that does kabane research, have they found other ways to hybridize humans and kabane? Looking at it another way, why is Kurusu only 17? Is it related to the kabane having appeared 20 years ago?

Lincoln Price
Lincoln Price

So, I see these fucking threads made everyday on Sup Forums like multiple times a day. Is this series any good? Or is it the same like five people making the threads? I just want some feedback from Sup Forums if I should start watching it or not, the threads usually get lots of replies so I figured it must be a good series.

Matthew Cook
Matthew Cook

It's good just go watch it and form your own opinion.

Jack Carter
Jack Carter

why is Kurusu only 17
Because japs always like young cast. He would need blood too in some way. There is just not enough episodes to introduce another type of kabaneri and explain why Kurusu would work as one. You still can have different kabane since they are supposed to be a threat, so something stronger should appear from time to time as a challenge to the cast.

Josiah Turner
Josiah Turner

Damn, so maybe he actually works for the locomotive company. That would be like the Marconi radio company in the early 20th century where the operators were all actually employed by Marconi.

Cameron Morgan
Cameron Morgan

The Hayajiro's are moved by the McRucky Engine (マクラキー機関) developed in the United Kingdom. A steam engine with innovative vapor compression, that allows high output power to move the Hayajiro

Oliver Thomas
Oliver Thomas

Actually the show was pretty smart about it. Earlier we're shown that the wazatori broke another bushi's sword with his super strength.

Then the first thing that happened during its engagement with Kurusu is a very heavy parry/sword-locking that probably weakened Kurusu's blade.

I can't rewatch the episode right now but I wish someone can confirm whether the point of break matches the parry location.

Austin Cook
Austin Cook

It's the spiciest anime this season.

Ryan Campbell
Ryan Campbell

you know they made such a big deal about the heart of iron being hard to break through to actually kill them but it seems beheading also gets the job done.

And Ikoma's gun being able to pierce the heart at such close range will be kind of worthless to your average human meat shield. still waiting for him to use it in a fair distance away to kill a kabaneri.

Ethan Murphy
Ethan Murphy

technologically it's the early 20th century.
Technological early 20th century would have machine guns and rifles that can punch through steel plate and artillery pieces defending the strongholds that can send shrapnel right through the heart cages. There would also be airships for extra safe travel for the wealthy elite.

Joshua Edwards
Joshua Edwards

Implying they'll manage to wipe all kabanes from existence
Implying the iron fortress will eternally camp at the capital
Implying the setting will have nothing else to explore by the end of the season when we have more mysteries on hand than we can count.

If it sells well, you can bet WIT will make it. It's an original and it's basically WIT's answer to SnK being constrained by source material.

Jason Martinez
Jason Martinez

I think that beheading will just remove the threat, not kill them. They mention they regenerate, so I'd assume as long as the heart remains they'll just grow outwards until they're complete again.

OR at least that's what I hope happens, because otherwise they're retarded making a big deal about hearts when you can just cut their heads off with a sword.

Connor Young
Connor Young

still waiting for him to use it in a fair distance away to kill a kabaneri
There's no indication at all that it's a ranged weapon.

Zachary Torres
Zachary Torres

That's his point, if Ikoma wanted it to be effective against Kabane for a regular soldier, it can't have such a short range, they would just get slaughtered.

Cameron Baker
Cameron Baker

why kurusu is 17
So is the samurai from Kuromukuro. It a Samurai thing or an anime thing

Noah Moore
Noah Moore

That reminds me, why do the bushing guns use steam of all things? They have gunpowder, but they just use them for those stupid suicide bags instead of making Lee-Enfield rifles and .303 British cartridges?

Jason Collins
Jason Collins

I'm surprised they don't put suicide bags on poles to make what would be later called a lunge mine.

Nicholas Rivera
Nicholas Rivera

I felt like they were going for a more romantic symbolism since it was pretty dramatic how her blood traveled all the way to his heart to power him up.

Although, that could also be my shipperfaggotry going off too.

Jonathan Cruz
Jonathan Cruz

nothing personnel

Jose Walker
Jose Walker

The class divisions in Edo society were extremely rigid, so you can ship all you like, but she's daimyo class and he's artisan class, which was below the peasants.

Jason Sanchez
Jason Sanchez

using gunpowder as a weapon
What arcane jiggery-pokery

Joshua Morales
Joshua Morales

muh black ships

Hunter Hall
Hunter Hall

They barely know each other.

The first time they met was in episode 1, when Ikoma went to jail.

And the first time they actually "talked" was in episode 3, just before Ikoma tried to bite her. Even then, they just exchanged a few words.

I think that Ayame didn't even know Ikoma's name for most part of the anime, since she refers to him as "that man" [who saved us, etc]

So, unless there's a LOT of development here, I don't see both of them shipping.

Kevin Edwards
Kevin Edwards

There just has to be some reason they don't use gunpowder for offensive weaponry. Apart from it looking cool, I mean.

Hudson Mitchell
Hudson Mitchell

But nobody seems the least bit interested in what should be an earth-shatteringly abnormal situation. Even a maximum asshole reaction should be to lock them up so that the shogun's researchers can dissect them because the Kabaneri are so atypical compared to the zombies that the usual assumptions about zombie behavior can't be applied. Precautions are wise to take, but pronouncements like "Kabane shouldn't pretend to speak like humans" fly straight into the territory of the retarded (since when did Kabane ever pretend to do anything?) and the constant desire to kill them is a counterproductive waste of a valuable specimen.

Isaac Russell
Isaac Russell

Not enough gunpowder, maybe?

Or, because of the high demand, only the shogun can afford it.

Charles Reed
Charles Reed

Why is a steam engineer less valuable than an uneducated peasant? How is a trained maintainer of the engines that keep society from collapsing lower than uneducated illiterate unskilled labor?

Jonathan Green
Jonathan Green

gunpowder is valuable
waste it on flashy post-infection sudoku methods when it would be more efficient to prevent infection in the first place

Connor Morales
Connor Morales

They're fucking hicks

Aiden Nelson
Aiden Nelson

Armor and steel to make armor is probably valuable too, user.

Zachary James
Zachary James

There were no Perry black ships in this world. According to the official website, Japan wasn't closed off in the Sengoku period.

Not enough gunpowder, maybe?
Well, all it took was urine, wood and sulphur. Japan being largely volcanic in origin, I don't think sulphur would be in short supply.

Did you not hear them being referred to in ep 1 as "lowly steamsmiths"? It's just the way it was in the Edo social system. The peasants were higher because they actually owned land. You can live without technology, but you can't live without food.

Henry Nelson
Henry Nelson

didn't he say he wanted to replace the steam guns with something that can actually penetrate the hearts?

Nolan Jones
Nolan Jones

It's AOTS, user.

That's either Jojo or Joker Game.

Jeremiah Hall
Jeremiah Hall

For the love of sweet Jesus.

They are feudal peasants. Most of them probably can't read. They don't care about your scientific thinking. They don't give a shit. They probably still believe the Sun orbits around earth.

But muh rational thinking!
But muh experimentations!

Do you even think, retard?

Asher Clark
Asher Clark

I'm saying that using a gunpowder charge to kill a kabane before it bites you results in a net decrease of overall kabane numbers by 1 and no net change in bushi numbers, while using it to kill yourself after the kabane that bit you (because your steam gun is shit) has been removed by your pals (nonlethally because steam gun can't kill kabane) results in no net change to overall kabane numbers and a net decrease of one to bushi numbers. Scale that up.

Ryder Moore
Ryder Moore

Ikoma is stronger than everyone except Mumei. He's also smarter than almost everyone there.

He's a scientist with special powers. He doesn't exactly fit in with any of the classes anymore.

If you really wanted a reason why romance won't occur it's because he's a fucking vampire and she's a human. Cross species romance isn't going to happen.

Bentley Ortiz
Bentley Ortiz

The samurai's constant urge to BLAM an asset which has so far killed several dozen kabane while having killed zero humans goes beyond lack of rationality and just goes into the territory of "good lord who taught you how to math"?

If they keep them around they will ALMOST DEFINITELY kill many more kabane, at the cost of POSSIBLY MAYBE they will chomp on a couple of humans upon which they will be instantly ejected from the train by bushis.

If they kick them out they will ABSOLUTELY DEFINITELY have to deal with dozens of kabanes that would otherwise have been killed by kabaneri, and thanks to the uselessness of steam guns these dozens of kabanes will chomp many more humans than the mere pair of kabaneris could possibly have chomped.

Aren't samurai supposed to be more educated?

Henry Harris
Henry Harris

Joker Game
maybe, if there wasn't that mountain of exposition at the end of each episode.

Ayden Hernandez
Ayden Hernandez

Or maybe the kabaneri use mind control and summon a demon king. Twenty years ago, the kabane probably sounded impossible as well.
Remember Ikoma repeating that it's not a curse, but rather a disease? The mainstream thought, at least in that fortress, seems to have been that the kabane are magic. "Magic zombies are attacking" is not fertile ground for application of the scientific method.

Bentley Morgan
Bentley Morgan

Humans aren't rational though.
Something can sound good on paper but in reality it can make you be very irrational.

Like being on a roller-coaster is perfectly safe because of the various safety features,but when you're on it, it is pretty terrifying.

Angel Cook
Angel Cook

Will Kurusu win the hime-sama bowl?

Christopher Perez
Christopher Perez

Depends, who is Hime-sama?

Zachary Gray
Zachary Gray

Ayame, obviously.

John Jackson
John Jackson

I want to drink Ayame-sama's piss.

Cameron Morgan
Cameron Morgan

I find it interesting that the term "virus" is even in the lexicon. Suggests they've progressed enough in germ theory to a late 19th/early 20th century level to have at least figured out the distinction between bacteria and viruses, whether by filtration or otherwise. Interesting that in the early 20th century most educated men who besides this pair of steamsmiths would rather ascribe an infectious condition that spreads like rabies does to a magic curse instead of trying to rationalize it in the context of disease.

Carter Flores
Carter Flores

Well viruses were formulated around the time of koch as filterable pathogens. Filtering the blood or whatever would remove bacteria but viruses are small enough to get through.

Either they thought about the place really well and have a good explanation somewhere or they just threw virus in because it's a word

Ryder Edwards
Ryder Edwards

exactly, the bushi's guns have range, but are still basically designed to kill people, not kabane and their extra tough heartcages.

They still work to some degree though since they can shoot them in the head and make em flop down for a while until they get back up.

Asher Allen
Asher Allen

live in a world where the main threat is habaneros
mass produce and arm your soldiers with guns that are designed to kill humans
Real good prioritization there. You've had decades to invent a gun that will bust through heartcages and equip your soldiers with them, but instead you've just switched your brains off and decided it isn't possible to shoot through magic. What the fuck is the shogunate doing?

Nathan Allen
Nathan Allen

the moment when someone tells you to put down your gun and go grab your katana to fight off a dual wielding zombie

I bet he was waiting his whole life for this day.

Gavin Foster
Gavin Foster

thread
Why can't you assholes just enjoy the shading and the budget?

Anthony Williams
Anthony Williams

You realize that's probably just the translation, right?
The japanese is probably just using a vague general word for infection and not actually distinguishing between parasitic, bacterial or viral.

Lucas Scott
Lucas Scott

Next episode: Mumei's mission was collecting information of the many stations in the island and then return to her brother.

Her ani-sama will then put in motion a plan to overthrow the Shogunate and crown himself as emperor and start an open hunt against the kabane island-wide.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

Benjamin Cook
Benjamin Cook

Kajika x Takumi is the series OTP.

Blake Jackson
Blake Jackson

yfw he gets a steam powered chainsaw katana to cut through heart cages.

Easton Clark
Easton Clark

Sugoi! Just how hayaye is he?

Nathan Rogers
Nathan Rogers

Thats Biba, Kurusu katana is simply forged with kabane steel.

Julian Turner
Julian Turner

I saw a guy get a boner and then stab it with a needle and it sprayed blood everywhere and a girl sat there drinking it up.

It wasn't very romantic.

Kayden Lewis
Kayden Lewis

He literally says ウイルス.

Blake Turner
Blake Turner

Is Ikoma ever going to take off those belts or is he deliberately going for the Mad Max raider look?

Camden Green
Camden Green

Desty, is that you?

Jayden Bailey
Jayden Bailey

I think we're going to see some characters changing their appearance.
Please no. No haircuts.

Hudson Kelly
Hudson Kelly

If GC and VVV manage to have 24 episodes I can see this getting it as well. Especially since it may do about 10k.

Connor Parker
Connor Parker

Ikoma and Takumi look about the same. Number 3 who should be Kurusu seems alight with his hair tied differently. The rest are unknown.

Hudson King
Hudson King

Speaking of which, how did that pregnant lady get allowed onto the train and left alone, nobody checked her for bites before or after boarding?

This society is so paranoid about people being kabane that samurai can shoot and imprison random healthy people under suspicion of being kabane just for taking back to them and get away with it, and they won't let anybody who hasn't been screened onto the train even when there are a swarm of kabanes two blocks away.

So how did this woman slip through the net?

David Smith
David Smith

I think it is fine that the exposition is at the end instead of bits and pieces. Like a detective going through the crime at the end of mystery, each spy story works the same way.

Luis Garcia
Luis Garcia

*just for talking back to them

Kayden Torres
Kayden Torres

Did they ever give out seiyuu for the rest?

Jack Baker
Jack Baker

I guess the 3 day rule was actually based on prior info. People previously said it was just fear mongering and the infection was instant.

Luis Kelly
Luis Kelly

HEY UNDRESS RIGHT NOW, WOMAN!
B-but I'm PREGANT
oh, um, sorry. Go ahead.

Logan Lee
Logan Lee

The boarding of the train wasn't exactly orderly.
But really it was just convenience, frodo.

Xavier Allen
Xavier Allen

Nope, only Miyano was announced early and Biba has listed on the official site for some time now.

Jace Powell
Jace Powell

Obviously not since the Kongokaku kabaneris existence is not openly known yet

Lucas Gutierrez
Lucas Gutierrez

I like how after Ikoma recited the three day rule in the first episode we haven't seen a single person who wasn't Ikoma actually be quarantined. Maybe the three day rule is just a hsam and in practice the samurai prefer to just BLAM anyone who looks at them funny?

Luke Butler
Luke Butler

*sham

Plenty of time for them to go around screening passengers after boarding or when disembarking for funeral.

Robert Roberts
Robert Roberts

Or make it smaller and more focused and make it a bangstick.

Levi Nelson
Levi Nelson

how does that thing in your pic work? Can it only contain 1 bullet at a time?

John Martin
John Martin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerhead

A powerhead consists of a long length of tubing which is the chamber for the cartridge, a firing pin to fire the cartridge, and usually some form of safety pin or latch that prevents firing when it is engaged. The rear of the power head is fitted with some provision for attaching to a spear.

Powerheads are available that chamber a variety of handgun, rifle, and shotgun cartridges, from .22 WMR to 12 gauge and larger. .357 Magnum is probably the most common, as it is fairly powerful yet still compact enough to be used in a spear gun. Large cartridges such as the 12 gauge are generally only used on a handheld spear.

Some powerheads use the cartridge to propel a barbed spear point into the target. These are generally used on a bangstick for alligator hunting, to secure a line to the alligator to prevent escape.

Lucas Cook
Lucas Cook

Plot convenience rather than convenient for the people boarding the train.

Andrew Hernandez
Andrew Hernandez

A powerhead, bang stick, smokie or shark stick is a specialized firearm used underwater that is fired when in direct contact with the target, not to be confused with other types of underwater firearms which fire specially designed projectiles and do not require direct contact with the target. Powerheads are often used for spear fishing and against sharks or alligators for sport, defense, or to kill nuisance animals. The term powerhead refers to the firearm-like part of the device; when attached to a shaft to form a spear, it may be referred to as a bang stick or shark stick. The spear in question may be handheld or launchable from a spear gun.

Juan Parker
Juan Parker

It's basically a stick with a cartridge on the end, intended to be rammed into a shark's face and deliver a shot point blank.

Yeah, real convenient.
kill a zombie before it infects the whole camp
YOU MURDERER
there's just no pleasing some people.

Cooper Torres
Cooper Torres

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E64OsKZGLgQ

Ian Ramirez
Ian Ramirez

Ganbare gaijin-kun!

Dominic Turner
Dominic Turner

I thought it was a weird one-off invention, instead of used frequently to kill sharks and alligators. Huh.

Jordan Smith
Jordan Smith

Valkyria Chronicles Lancers are real

Benjamin Evans
Benjamin Evans

*teleport beside you*

Camden Barnes
Camden Barnes

DDY or Doki?

Nolan Parker
Nolan Parker

Horriblesubs, it's not like the other ones are going to be significantly better to justify them.

Bentley Hughes
Bentley Hughes

The only one able to take down a big guy is fucking Batman

Benjamin Murphy
Benjamin Murphy

Why did Ayame bring that stupid compound bow with her? Why didn't she just bring a gun like a normal person? There is literally no reason to use a bow in this situation.

Jason Martinez
Jason Martinez

His name is Suzuki and yet he can't speak proper japanese.

Andrew Perry
Andrew Perry

Cutlets no Habanero seemed familiar, and now I realize why:
humanity forced to live out its life on a train
the rails wind on and on
undead lurking at every turn
when you finally find a place to stop and get off the train, you have to get right on again
no end in sight
It's a Mr Bones' Wild Ride anime adaptation.

Cameron Peterson
Cameron Peterson

WEW
e
w

Matthew Martinez
Matthew Martinez

Historically many jap women were trained in archery and polearm usage.

Oliver Sanders
Oliver Sanders

Nobles use fancy one offs, like her dad's gun.

Thomas Ross
Thomas Ross

Seems to me that on the brink of extinction practicality ought to trump tradition. A gun would be better for a young lady since you need even less upper body strength to operate a gun than you do to draw a bow.

Blake Foster
Blake Foster

they're fucking bolted onto him

Nicholas Taylor
Nicholas Taylor

Niggas haven't even offered the poor kid a shirt.
That metal-on-skin contact must get cold as fuck.

Landon Ortiz
Landon Ortiz

Ikoma managed to get onboard without being checked too, if you remember correctly. When zombies charge the train they don't have time to check everyone.

Ian Gray
Ian Gray

Was the man you?

Lucas Howard
Lucas Howard

it's not like the other ones are going to be significantly better to justify them
Guess again: https://www.diffchecker.com/rr0ib1le

Angel Bell
Angel Bell

Ganbare gaijin-kun!

Luke Edwards
Luke Edwards

Imho its not a big deal for habanero like him and he would soon regen. But the procedure will be probably pleasant as hell and he will need some downtime after that, which they currently cant afford with zombies or lynch mobs around every corner.

Nathaniel White
Nathaniel White

they changed 'bushi' to 'Knight'
Why? Wouldn't Warrior or Samurai be a better translation? This clearly takes place in Japan

Zachary Butler
Zachary Butler

Only the meme groups have visibility nowadays. No one is going to pay attention if you don't go the Eoten or normies route.

Henry Morgan
Henry Morgan

DDY is pro-localization.

Christian Gomez
Christian Gomez

Hentai.

Matthew Young
Matthew Young

Sure. But the series has been pretty damn clear that their society is very traditional.

Hasn't done them much good but that's why they'll have to accept the Kabaneri and the new guns/

Nathan Ortiz
Nathan Ortiz

If two Kabaneri had a child, would the child be human or Kabane?

Gavin Jenkins
Gavin Jenkins

I wonder what they'll do with his hilarity in the dub. Random words in... Cockney or something?

Blake Jones
Blake Jones

My guess would be french accent and inserted words like merci and moi. Even the wig matches.

Easton Watson
Easton Watson

Will Amazon even bother doing a dub? I imagine they got more than streaming rights alone in this deal.

Logan Butler
Logan Butler

If the experts at the TG threads taught me anything, it's gonna ve a hybrid.

Nolan White
Nolan White

What I'd imagine is that it's something like what Netflix got for Sidonia, so yes. It's not as if Amazon doesn't already produce (or contract) original content, so I'm sure it's within possibility.

Yeah, plus French would be clearly recognizable.

Dylan Rogers
Dylan Rogers

KABANE JA NAI

Jackson Harris
Jackson Harris

Their bodies are still infected, so the child would get infected and come out just as a regular old kabane. Unless it was some super tactical butterfly effect child and wrapped the umbilical cord around its neck to stop the virus.

Bentley Wright
Bentley Wright

HONTOU NO HABANERO SA

super tactical butterfly effect child and wrapped the umbilical cord around its neck to stop the virus
I want to see this now

Gavin Sanchez
Gavin Sanchez

Why do I want to dick her so bad?

Christian Gonzalez
Christian Gonzalez

Why did i read that as "Why do i want her dick so bad?" ?

Jackson Thomas
Jackson Thomas

12 years old

Hunter Jenkins
Hunter Jenkins

Ikoma forges him a samurai sword and sheath from Kabane hearts

Brayden Edwards
Brayden Edwards

I want her to kiss and cuddle with Kajika so bad.

Your wish is more likely to come true.

Caleb Adams
Caleb Adams

Its safest to asume their bodies are sterile now after the change.

Carson Lewis
Carson Lewis

THE WALLS ARE TRAINS

Isaiah Bailey
Isaiah Bailey

what? bane wrecked him.

Sebastian Fisher
Sebastian Fisher

bane
Kabane?

Brody Young
Brody Young

Attack on Titan
Terra Formars
Sidonia
Sidonia S2
God Eater
Owari no Seraph
Owari no Seraph S2
Yuki Yuna
Black Bullet
Muv Luv Total Eclipse
Muv Luv Schwarzesmarken
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress

Well I guess it's either this or more MMOshit.

Ayden Hernandez
Ayden Hernandez

Next episode features a new kabane type strong enough to defeat Mumei
Haha, time for sakuga

Jose Bailey
Jose Bailey

What exactly am I looking at here?

David Gomez
David Gomez

The trains are actually powered by kabane hearts that boil water to make the steam. Have you seen or heard any mention of coal or wood so far?

Jeremiah Phillips
Jeremiah Phillips

2-3 years with good behaviour?

Andrew Russell
Andrew Russell

The inner thigh of a twelve year old girl, you sick fuck.
Mumin-kun a cute

Lucas Campbell
Lucas Campbell

2spicy4me

Christian Reed
Christian Reed

powerlevel tiers
God, this went to shit so fast. Epitome of forced writing, where instead of creatively writing the characters into perilous situations, they simply throw stronger and stronger opponents at them. They're on a fast moving train, so how to make up some conflict?- just bring up some cliffs and slopes, because those always have kabane hiding in them, apparently. From kabane-infested station to kabane-infested station, just going through the motions contrived plot element by element.

Michael Lewis
Michael Lewis

I would love for an episode where they stop by a kabane infested town, clear out the train station to gather supplies and maybe Ikoma and Mumei stealthily wander around town to salvage stuff

Parker Roberts
Parker Roberts

Ayame-sama should hug poor Ikoma to keep him from getting a cold.

Jackson Hall
Jackson Hall

Ganbare Gaijin-kun!

Jayden Price
Jayden Price

It's trains all the way down!

Colton Howard
Colton Howard

So I haven't watched any of this, just read the wikipedia page and seen a few images, but from what I've seen the artwork is gorgeous, it looks like the old timey anime from the 70s and 80s that I watched on vhs as a child but with a budget and tools from this century. Is the story any good or is it just some sort of attack on titan or tokyo ghoul ripoff?

Daniel Butler
Daniel Butler

Why don't they just build a hot air balloon

John Miller
John Miller

Because then the zombies would need to learn how to fly.

Ian Stewart
Ian Stewart

I admit that the fansub has a bit more details in some expressions.

But translating names is lame, and the other improvements are so subtle that it's not worth waiting a few days to watch the fansub.

Jaxson Cruz
Jaxson Cruz

Is this show just SNK ?

I watched the first 3 episodes and read shingeki no kyojin afterwards and it really feels like a cheap rip off.

Like how both criticize humanity's defensive strategy and overall cowardice, it works in attack on titan because they're locking themselves up hoping nothing bad happens, it doesn't work in Kabaneri where they have means of transportation. If shit hits the fan you can evacuate a big part of the population and find somewhere else unless you're retarded.

Or how the titans were way more intimidating than some zombies. The authorities in SnK are hateable whereas they're not morally wrong in KnK and just on alert

Jacob Nelson
Jacob Nelson

Eventually they will need to land to get ressources and water, and if the zombies damage it they're basically fucked.

Joseph Morgan
Joseph Morgan

armpits

Justin Stewart
Justin Stewart

Scared of a cartoon

Fuck off faggot

Logan Gutierrez
Logan Gutierrez

"You're not thinking about dicking a 12 year old girl, right user?"

Ryder Rodriguez
Ryder Rodriguez

Are we going to see cute figures of the characters?

Angel Watson
Angel Watson

Mumei is a certainty, she's become pretty popular.

Juan Mitchell
Juan Mitchell

GAR figures definitely

Blake Clark
Blake Clark

I want both, but I don't want to burn so much money on fucking figures.

Samuel Evans
Samuel Evans

collecting toys
Way to go faggot

Nicholas Walker
Nicholas Walker

Is this faggot going to become somewhat important?

Dylan Lopez
Dylan Lopez

He is already important.

Dylan Garcia
Dylan Garcia

He did nothing important until now.

The only reason we saw him in the last episode is because someone hates him enough to throw him with the kabaneri.

Lucas Kelly
Lucas Kelly

Who's Biba?

Hudson Allen
Hudson Allen

He already used his Atlas powers to save the day. Fucker has a lot on his shoulders as is.

Noah Rogers
Noah Rogers

He exists to piss off Yukina.

Grayson Edwards
Grayson Edwards

Yes but it looks like he will play a big role. He is in the main cast afterall.

Aaron Parker
Aaron Parker

Suzuki is clearly an adopted generic name. It's like Smith in english speaking countries.

Adam Murphy
Adam Murphy

Ganbare OUTSIDER-kun!

Michael Watson
Michael Watson

Mumei and Ayame have announced figures already, but they're by Union Creative.

Zachary Nelson
Zachary Nelson

Union Creative
And from what I googled, that's a bad thing.

Oh well.

Lucas Wood
Lucas Wood

they have steam powered locomotives, wether it's Meiji or not it's the 19th century and the American Empire is a thing, maybe they just told Perry to fuck off or something and just let the smart Americans in after

Brayden Thompson
Brayden Thompson

Supposedly, in Kabaneri's alternative history the Shogun did not close off Japan.

Adam Hernandez
Adam Hernandez

just wild heaven

Carson White
Carson White

So why aren't they all Christian westaboos?

Cameron Russell
Cameron Russell

Did he get put in the back just because he was an asshole to Yukina?

Grayson Bennett
Grayson Bennett

Before being an asshole to Yukina, he was being an asshole to that other guy.

I bet that he's like that to everyone.

Lincoln Smith
Lincoln Smith

he's this guy

Evan Thomas
Evan Thomas

there's no way he isn't American, the Japanese don't give two fucks about accent but it wouldn't surprise me if they built a bit of the character around the "seiyuu" they got, but the British cleft chin and the hairdoo strongly hint at late 18th, early 19th century American

Bentley Gutierrez
Bentley Gutierrez

Does anyone have the pre-screening spoilers for ep 5?

Noah Nguyen
Noah Nguyen

I've been mentally calling him John Titor

Lincoln Hall
Lincoln Hall

5話バレ
今回は言葉で説明するのが難しい部分が多いので要点だけ書く

噴流弾を使った銃とカバネの心臓被膜をコーティングした刀を開発
無名ちゃんが子供と遊んでるとおっさん二人がうるさくて無名ちゃんがキレておっさん二人をボコボコにする
補給するつもりに来た駅が滅んでて駅で生き残りの集団を発見
生き残りの中に無名ちゃんの知り合いのおっさんがいた(昔若様に仕えてたけど追い出されたらしい?)
生き残りが黒い煙を見たと言っている
知り合いのおっさんが無名ちゃんに「弱くなったな。弱いと若様に捨てられるぞ」みたいな話をして銃を突きつけられ無名ちゃんの機嫌が悪くなる
無名ちゃんの回想で仲間?が誰かに撃たれてるシーン
進路に瓦礫があるので作戦を立てるけど無名ちゃんが作戦に乗らず別行動すると言い出す
逞生は作戦がうまくいくと思ってなくてめちゃくちゃビビってる
作戦中に無名ちゃん一人でカバネの巣に突っ込んで無双しまくり一時的に作戦が良い方向に行くがカバネの数が多すぎて逆に刺激してしまい状況が悪化する
無名ちゃんパワーを使い果たして穴に落下、なんやかんやで生駒も落下して瓦礫が降ってきて閉じ込められる
絶体絶命のところにカバネが合体した?巨人みたいなやつが出てきて5話終わり

Ian Lewis
Ian Lewis

moves 3 or more meters in one fifteenths of a second

can't deal with an armed zombie

Jordan Sanders
Jordan Sanders

Kurusu?

I think you mean Chris.

Levi Foster
Levi Foster

He is an enemy to women

Charles Brooks
Charles Brooks

douchenozzle brigade comes in demanding control of the train
Ayame hand the key over
instead of having the samurai kick the shit out of the dudes before tossing them in the brig for attempted mutiny
This is why you never put a woman in charge of anything.

Christopher Williams
Christopher Williams

He's so best boy that I doubt he's going to survive the rest of the show.

Ayden Flores
Ayden Flores

He was too beautiful for this dead world.

Xavier Robinson
Xavier Robinson

Yeah, Ayame-sama is a sheltered princess.

But she's learning pretty fast the ropes of the trade. And unlike her father, that ran at the first sight of the kabane, she's literally giving her own blood to make things work.

Dominic Robinson
Dominic Robinson

What does this say japanese readers

Alexander Stewart
Alexander Stewart

Arrow > bullets.

Luis Campbell
Luis Campbell

"The pleasure of being cummed inside"

Levi Myers
Levi Myers

Something about arriving somewhere and pleasure, I think.

Hunter Hughes
Hunter Hughes

Anonymous chan

Jace Thomas
Jace Thomas

domo arigato

Blake Peterson
Blake Peterson

ハラペーニョとはトウガラシの品種の一つ。メキシコを代表する青唐辛子である。辛さは中程度。

名称はその発祥の地といわれているベラクルス州のハラパに由来する。「ハラペノ」や「ヤラピノ」等と呼ばれた事もある。
酢漬けなどにして市販されているが、生で食べることもできる。メキシコ料理やテクス・メクス料理で良く用いられる食材であり、多くのメキシコ料理店ではハラペーニョをタマネギやニンジンと一緒にピクルスにした「ハラペーニョ・エン・エスカベーチェを注文することができる。
アメリカ合衆国でもよく普及しておりサルサに加える他、チェダーチーズなどのチーズを詰めたハラペーニョに衣をつけて揚げたハラペーニョ・ポッパー

などは酒のつまみとして人気がある。ホットドッグなどにつけることも多い。また、菓子や清涼飲料水のフレーバーとしても人気がある。

Isaac Rogers
Isaac Rogers

Probably for the same reasons that they didn't have to close off japane

Adam Lopez
Adam Lopez

Sounds like a very Mumei heavy episode.

Jason Robinson
Jason Robinson

Is this the second coming of wiki-spammer?

Easton Walker
Easton Walker

I think we're going to see some heavy shit soon.

Evan Baker
Evan Baker

Src?

Jaxson Johnson
Jaxson Johnson

The author.

Joshua Lewis
Joshua Lewis

Is this the anime adaption of World War Z?

Gavin Kelly
Gavin Kelly

is he also a hired gaijin?
some nips seems to think him to be a gaijin.

Xavier Gonzalez
Xavier Gonzalez

That looks like just concept art

Austin Martin
Austin Martin

gentle giant
RIP big guy. It was nice knowing you

Brayden Cooper
Brayden Cooper

ching chong ding dong wing wong TWELVE habanerohabanerohabanerohabanero
Seems legit!

Camden Rogers
Camden Rogers

The main heroine of this work. 12 years old.

Leo Nguyen
Leo Nguyen

12歳。
It's literally there,retard

Landon Richardson
Landon Richardson

full OP won't be out for at least another week at the earliest

just fucking kill me.

Nolan Lopez
Nolan Lopez

Seems that the scene with Mumei beaten up is at the end of the episode. Ep 5 will be an exposition episode. Mumei's flashback, the creation of the KABANE HEART katana for Kurusu and Mumei runs into an old acquiantance at a seemingly abandoned train stop, which is actually home to some survivors.
Ikoma and Mumei fall into a hole, the hole caves in and they encounter the big kabane from the promo art which is actually several kabane fused together.

Adam Perez
Adam Perez

Dat high gain bass

Zachary Adams
Zachary Adams

I hope there's more to it than "Mumei runs out of juice and Ikoma has to save the day on his own", again.

Asher Rivera
Asher Rivera

It's gonna take more than kabane style streetfighting skills and an air soft gun to take this bad boy down.

Jordan Edwards
Jordan Edwards

Hey guys, could you take care of my Habanero a little bit? I have to go over there. Don't do anything strange to it!

Jeremiah Rodriguez
Jeremiah Rodriguez

Can I feed her?

David Campbell
David Campbell

You can feed her blood.

But I ask you to not give her too much, I don't want her to get fat. Her tits are already a bit on the chubby side.

Brandon Gonzalez
Brandon Gonzalez

sakuga in ep6

Elijah Hughes
Elijah Hughes

It's gonna be QUALITY Kabane and you know it.

Christian Sanders
Christian Sanders

Excellent. I was in the middle of making Chili and this is exactly what I needed!

Thank you.

Hunter Kelly
Hunter Kelly

n-nani?

Oliver Bell
Oliver Bell

Here you go. Seeing as how it was your Habanero I figured you should get the first bowl.

Angel Wood
Angel Wood

Merchants were like that too. Lower than peasants and near borderline bottom.

Asher Thomas
Asher Thomas

It's an episode focused in best girl
Chance of development with best boy too

It is Thursday yet?

Luke Myers
Luke Myers

You're joking right ? A merchant's value depends on his wealth so it's usually middle class minimum and can go higher

Daniel Myers
Daniel Myers

Because the peasant feeds you.

Colton Gray
Colton Gray

Looks delicious, mind if I help myself?

Benjamin Brown
Benjamin Brown

artisan class
below the peasant
what's the reasoning for this? literally in every other culture the artisans are considered a gauge of societies prosperity

Joseph King
Joseph King

Go ahead, but remember, it's spicy.

Thomas Clark
Thomas Clark

because they didnt contribute anything. they just amassed their own wealth.

Jack Powell
Jack Powell

all these images of Mumei's ass

Jesus CHRIST my DICK

Henry James
Henry James

But user she's 12 years old!

Jordan Lee
Jordan Lee

Do NOT sexualize the loli.

Brayden Torres
Brayden Torres

12 in peppers years is mature enough

Nicholas Carter
Nicholas Carter

IT'S OUT REEEE

Dominic Ross
Dominic Ross

Because they aren't stories of a noble and peasant eloping

come on user besides whos gonna tell her no, her roadkill dad?

Daniel Allen
Daniel Allen

he was going to get killed just because the banter is too strong

Landon Martin
Landon Martin

Spicy.

Dominic Cruz
Dominic Cruz

he kills habaneros by insulting them until the cry

James Gonzalez
James Gonzalez

Is that the guy from Lain that followed her around?

Alexander Evans
Alexander Evans

No, it's the doctor from Battle Angel Alita.

Austin Ross
Austin Ross

WILL STILL FUCK

*although a noble is fine, too*

Xavier Myers
Xavier Myers

Soft

Cameron Brooks
Cameron Brooks

You're both wrong, its obviously Bill Wilson.

Luke Adams
Luke Adams

Uhh, you don't get to bring shoops.

Leo Bailey
Leo Bailey

If I enlarge that sample size, will you sudoku?

David Cruz
David Cruz

kabane?

Joshua Garcia
Joshua Garcia

It would be extremely helpful.

Caleb Allen
Caleb Allen

You're a pretty resourceful guy.

Hudson Parker
Hudson Parker

For

Cooper Powell
Cooper Powell

Yukina kabanicide edition of this pic when?

Gavin Russell
Gavin Russell

Well there's still the samurai cunt

Austin Mitchell
Austin Mitchell

He makes his money having his nose rub around bloody battlefield dirt, all for revenge.

Ian Hughes
Ian Hughes

A I M E R
I
M
E
R

Oliver Reed
Oliver Reed

Maybe he fell from the sky user

John Hernandez
John Hernandez

ninelie and Through my blood AM are so good. Now all we need is the OP single and OST.

Joseph Evans
Joseph Evans

2nd best character after Ikoma.

Cooper Edwards
Cooper Edwards

Sup Forums sings ninelie when?

Hudson Nelson
Hudson Nelson

Sup Forums sings Through My Blood when? It's absolutely possible to make a clusterfuck out of that song

Adrian Hill
Adrian Hill

mfw two sawano insert songs
cant believe how epic this shit is man i've never seen a show go double insert holy fuck

Landon Jenkins
Landon Jenkins

BUILT FOR SEX!

SEX, GUYS!

SEX!

Jayden Williams
Jayden Williams

Looking at the soundtrack, the next vocal insert song shoul be great

Jonathan Walker
Jonathan Walker

1 2 Y E A R S O L D
Y
E
A
R
S
O
L
D

Jose Perry
Jose Perry

and?

Anthony Ward
Anthony Ward

Is kabane an STD?

Asher Jones
Asher Jones

Habanero is not a Japanese word

Aiden Miller
Aiden Miller

I dont remember double dip on insert song recently, the madman is going all out.

Aiden Walker
Aiden Walker

ハバネロ
It is now. Enjoy.

Actually it's more of a word than kabaneri since カバネリ is completely made up, while habanero is a pepper that you could buy in japan

Brody Reyes
Brody Reyes

yellow fever faggot?

Jackson Campbell
Jackson Campbell

But, Habanero-Tan was born in Japan.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habanero-tan

Adrian Roberts
Adrian Roberts

thats why he looked so familiar
will it be revealed that he's the scientist that made mumei spicy?

Connor Foster
Connor Foster

have kabane heart
make a katana instead of a polearm
Not sure it's wise to have a weapon that you need to be within biting range to use

Jackson Ortiz
Jackson Ortiz

Or something like this:

Easton Harris
Easton Harris

this anime is fucking shit

literally attack on titan and claymore with zombies in a steampunk setting

Henry Nguyen
Henry Nguyen

CAPTAIN

Anthony Martinez
Anthony Martinez

MAYBE

Zachary Sullivan
Zachary Sullivan

OKAWARIMASEN

Hunter Phillips
Hunter Phillips

FUCKING KEK

Have you seen the number of stillframes with those unnecessary as fuck speedlines? Absolutely horrible and ruin all immersion.
Mumei who becomes meek as a lamb the episode after showing she's ruthless. Talk about a 180°shift.
And that shitty as fuck OST oh god. Sawano, you've overdone yourself.

Jackson Reed
Jackson Reed

TANK

Jonathan Phillips
Jonathan Phillips

Through My Blood

What are you favorite tracks from the OST so far?

Nolan Thompson
Nolan Thompson

nah, she´s just sleeping in a bad position at a bad place at a bad time

Ian Reed
Ian Reed

Mumei who becomes meek as a lamb the episode after showing she's ruthless.
This is probably the first time she's been penned up with ordinary people. Normally she just travels with her priest/food source.

Charles Reyes
Charles Reyes

MFW he survives all the show.

Ethan Allen
Ethan Allen

I didn't knew Rollercoaster Tycoon got an anime.

Jose Lee
Jose Lee

not back in the middle ages/feudal society. They were mostly looked on as unproductive/untrustworthy leeches that manipulated the property of others for gain.

(Ie similar to the discrimination against the jews)

Levi Perry
Levi Perry

unproductive/untrustworthy leeches that manipulated the property of others for gain
These days we have accountants and other financial service professionals to do that.

Justin Rodriguez
Justin Rodriguez

That would be nice

Adrian Thomas
Adrian Thomas

MFW he survives all the show.

Jonathan Kelly
Jonathan Kelly

The ride never ends

Tyler Cox
Tyler Cox

WATASHI WAS BREAKS WA GONE

Colton Scott
Colton Scott

Don't sweat it, those babies can handle curves as tight as you like at top speed. Which irritates the fuck out of me.

Adam Edwards
Adam Edwards

Would a relationship between Kurusu and Ayame be considered inappropriate at the time?

Angel Jackson
Angel Jackson

She could probably take him as a lover, but I doubt very much that they would be able to marry.

Logan Smith
Logan Smith

Visually they look very good together tho.

Christopher Wright
Christopher Wright

Let's be realistic here. There's no one left alive except the people on that train. You have somewhere between 20-30 soldiers (that number probably just got cut in half), a handful of engineers, a bunch of useless civilians, and a single noble.

At this point Mumei or Ikoma could single handedly overthrow what little remnant of humanity is left. Even if Ayame is a noble she simple doesn't have any leverage to give her higher status than the Kabaneri. If they were humans then a few guys with guns would suffice but as we've seen with Ikoma guns do little more than knock them back slightly. The remaining people on that train really have no choice but to run from the Kabaneri or try and gain their protection.

Brayden Butler
Brayden Butler

He is just a bodyguardd hired by Yomogawa family.

Christopher Cruz
Christopher Cruz

From whatever i've seen in anime/manga it depends. For her father to even consider marriage the samurai must be high class and favored by the father. They can date in secret though.

Hunter Diaz
Hunter Diaz

I thought they are more reliant on supplies delivered by train than on their own home grown food, why are farmers still higher than steam engineers?

William Morales
William Morales

I wonder how his past was. Not only his, but everyone's past.

Bentley Sullivan
Bentley Sullivan

tfw Gaijin is confirmed the train cannon operator and shouts Boom every shot

Adrian Ramirez
Adrian Ramirez

Spear
entrenching piercing weapon
against an enemy that charges blindly, knows no fear, and isn't disabled by anything less than a full strength heart blow or losing limbs

Yeah. That's suicide.

Cameron Sullivan
Cameron Sullivan

Is Mumei simply immune? Can Ikoma take off his neck ring without turning into a Kabane?

James Scott
James Scott

His question about her ribbon was easily foreshadowing some big struggle that'll require him to get rid of his "restraint" and go all out.

Ayden Bailey
Ayden Bailey

I dont think so. If Mumei unties her bow she gains a boost but the virus becomes more active. That's why she has a time limit and has to sleep it off.

Liam Wood
Liam Wood

Why do the Kabane attack Ikoma but not each other?

Joseph Powell
Joseph Powell

Because KABANE JA NAI

Jason Russell
Jason Russell

Because plot. Realistically it's probably because he isn't purple.

Grayson Watson
Grayson Watson

well yeah the structure I was thinking about included the beggars, exiles and that other group which I can't quite name.

Samuel Sanchez
Samuel Sanchez

I want to be forced to lick Mumei's spicy pits in front of everyone.

Oliver Campbell
Oliver Campbell

useless character
shit even as comic relief

John Howard
John Howard

useless character
Are you retarded?

Oliver Morris
Oliver Morris

Watch the OP, Kurusu gets a sugoi folded 1000 times kabane steel katana

Ryan Morris
Ryan Morris

spicy 5s

Joshua Martinez
Joshua Martinez

Maybe he could put a kabane heart bayonet on the end of his gun instead?

Jose Smith
Jose Smith

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/19/1462796649-1462726995-ezgif-2461092847.gif
Now we have a gif too.

Carson Nelson
Carson Nelson

I bet you dont even REPAIRS you fag

Luke Reyes
Luke Reyes

What if they actually use hot air balloons?

Eli Phillips
Eli Phillips

forced writing

End yourself.

James Young
James Young

There's no one left alive except the people on that train
Says who?

that other group which I can't quite name
The burakumin, you mean? Pretty sure they'd have been the first to go.

Ethan Bell
Ethan Bell

That is such an awful setup.

What stops the zombies which hijack/boarded any given train to just jump on the townsfolk from above?

Doubt they'd all easily die on the fall.

Kevin Ortiz
Kevin Ortiz

Why is there still no Ayametits.webm?

I've been hanging around Habanero threads since the ep and still haven't seen it.

I refuse to believe I'm the only one fapping to her undressing boob scene, and that nobody make a webm out of it.

Jordan Harris
Jordan Harris

Onsen episode when?

Nicholas Powell
Nicholas Powell

Who would win Ikumabowl?

Blake Hall
Blake Hall

I'm lazy
Well there's your problem.

Leo Harris
Leo Harris

Takumi

Dylan Reyes
Dylan Reyes

Well then stop being lazy and make it for me.

Chase Parker
Chase Parker

a blood donation in the 19th century?

people would definitely find that weird

David Turner
David Turner

Here. Consider it a reward for making me sit there in awe for a brief moment.

Ryan Turner
Ryan Turner

They're also making kabane heart bullets.

David Taylor
David Taylor

The boobs should be swaying/bouncing with the motion of the train

David Long
David Long

Thanks dear.

Alexander Perry
Alexander Perry

Checking to see if bitten
Knows damn well she was not bitten

I know it was for fanservice, but that was honestly entirely pointless otherwise.

Ayden Myers
Ayden Myers

people would definitely find that weird
Uneducated people, maybe, but blood transfusions were being carried out successfully in Europe by the mid 19th century, and this is probably set in the early 20th century.

Connor Gomez
Connor Gomez

noice tits, ayame-sama

the animators/designers must hate DFC, but I'm not displeased

Tyler Nelson
Tyler Nelson

Knows damn well she was not bitten
She's just following the protocol.

Benjamin Howard
Benjamin Howard

SUPERIOR NIPPON TRAIN
SUPLEXED OVER 1000 TIMES

Hunter Evans
Hunter Evans

Kabaneri is set between 1890 and 1900 user

Jordan Ortiz
Jordan Ortiz

uneducated people

you mean like Japanese peasants?

Nathaniel Gonzalez
Nathaniel Gonzalez

The check is for everyone else's benefit, not hers.

Nolan Evans
Nolan Evans

Him and Gaijun-kun need to surivve.

Also will Ayame and Ikoma be a thing? really starting to ship these two.

Austin Jackson
Austin Jackson

Why didn't Ikoma and Mumei just ask for some blood from their friends before they went out to fight?

John Wright
John Wright

If I was directing there would always be background train movement and it'd affect everyone's wobbily bits.
Then the producer would shout at me for wasting so much time

Jeremiah Bailey
Jeremiah Bailey

Right, and the first successful blood transfusion was in 1840.

That said, it wasn't until some Austrian motherfucker discovered blood types in 1901 that it became reliable.

Bentley Rodriguez
Bentley Rodriguez

I was going by the electric lighting. The red/green indicators of the locomotive master key looked to be electric, as did the drawbridge signal. Now OK that could have been as early as maybe 1880 or so, but especially the master key indicators made me think later than that.

Aiden Bennett
Aiden Bennett

Considering that, I wonder what happened to the telegraphs.

Levi Hughes
Levi Hughes

The head also seems to be somewhat reinforce too like when he tried to decapitate some the sword just made a loud BONK sound when he hit the head and even he got confused at why it didn't work

Kevin Lee
Kevin Lee

I pray that he gets more roles after this

John Green
John Green

That one in particular was very clearly not structurally normal - or at least human - that fin looking thing on its back, for example. Also, in the scenes where he was fighting Kursu, it looked like it was something like eight feet tall.

It's possible, but I'm not sure that the sword guy is a great single example.

Jordan Sullivan
Jordan Sullivan

I'm not talking about the katana using one, the one he kicked out of the train before fighting him also made a loud noise when he hit the head and that was why he opted for kicking him away

Blake Mitchell
Blake Mitchell

Oh, that guy,

The skeleton might change into iron. It might happen over time or inconstantly, which would explain how Mumei could dismember the freshly-turned townspeople so effectively, and thus take on such a large number of them.

She could also be just that strong, but if the skeletons of her decapitation victims were metallic, I would have expected the kills to be less... fleshy.

Adrian Turner
Adrian Turner

I just want a compilation of all of this guys english words, they sound so foreign with the rest of the dialogue. It's great.

Noah Scott
Noah Scott

Oh, that hit upside the head.

Was that with the flat end of the sword? Because anything less than an overkilling strike just won't do it.

Ryan Reed
Ryan Reed

I wonder what happened to the telegraphs.
Good point. By the 1880's virtually everywhere in the world was connected by telegraph. Yet Ayame's father says to Mumei's priest/livestock back in the first ep that he read his letter. That said, I've listened to that section again and again and can't make out exactly what word is being used as "letter", so is it possible it was a telegram? Moonspeakers, please?

Oliver Murphy
Oliver Murphy

wouldn't Chris be Kurisu?

Isaiah Bell
Isaiah Bell

underrated post

Colton Cook
Colton Cook

peasants above merchants and craftsmen
What the fuck? Someone explain this to me.

Isaac Lopez
Isaac Lopez

Uneducated people, maybe
Why do people expect the peasants riding the train to be well educated

Liam Harris
Liam Harris

Because she's trained with a bow and not a gun. Your comment is stupider than her weapon, maybe you should self reflect.

Lucas Anderson
Lucas Anderson

Too expensive...

James Lewis
James Lewis

mfw everybody at the train dies a horrible death and only gaijin-kun survives

That's the reason he's the voice narrating all previews. He's telling someone this story and that's why there are some inconsistencies in the events: He didn't saw everything first hand.

Blake Green
Blake Green

Sup Forums living in Japan

Ryder Sullivan
Ryder Sullivan

Someone should combine this clip with this one https://youtu.be/7zQTEi2KwYA?t=7

Mason Ward
Mason Ward

Read the thread. Peasants owned land and produced food. Everybody needed food. The peasants relied on the samurai for protection and paid taxes to fund the higher classes. In that sort of economy, merchants and artisans were basically parasitic, just like lawyers and accountants are today. Of course the Industrial Revolution really shook things up in the West, but real social change for the lower classes didn't happen until the aftermath of WW1. Hinomoto hasn't got anywhere near that stage yet, even though clearly the steamsmiths now fulfil a vital role of helping to connect the last remaining pockets of humanity.

Alexander Nguyen
Alexander Nguyen

You mean Cruise

Ryan Price
Ryan Price

whoever she is.
That's Chelly

Christopher Reyes
Christopher Reyes

Shit, so you mean the kabane are really Thetans?

Cameron Powell
Cameron Powell

If you're talking about outside of japland:
The "middle ages" is a retardedly long time
You're right about the very early medieval times, but mid and late middle ages merchants were miles above the average peasant.
Peasants didn't even really own land

Jace Flores
Jace Flores

What happened to that ebola guy anyway?
Did he died?

Jonathan White
Jonathan White

Peasants didn't even really own land
Which is the basic difference between the Japanese and Western feudal systems. If you want to see what the West was up to at the same sort of time period Kabaneri is set, go watch Ermanno Olmi's The Tree of Wooden Clogs. If that doesn't rip your heart out, it must be in an iron cage.

Austin Morris
Austin Morris

Ikoma x Ayame seems to be going strong now

Jose Murphy
Jose Murphy

Dickvampires make me extremely uncomfortable.

Nathaniel Peterson
Nathaniel Peterson

Even if pic related happened, they'll never end up together.
And Ikoma and Mumei might die at the end.

Jace Wood
Jace Wood

Ayame=Angela Merkel
Kabaneri=Refugees
People opposing Ayame=AfD

Feels like I'm watching the evening news here desu lads

Easton Watson
Easton Watson

Ikoma attacking Ayame=Rapefugee
Kajika & Fat=Liberal traitors
You're onto something here, user.

Parker Fisher
Parker Fisher

Guys, I just want to you know that I'm really upset that these two cuties are not going kiss and/or are going to die before the end of the series.

Kayden Turner
Kayden Turner

needs to be ganbare gaijin kun WAOEW!

Benjamin Walker
Benjamin Walker

Not likely. Expect lesbians soon.

Bentley Rivera
Bentley Rivera

Do you guys really believe this is the kind of anime with a happy ending?

Either everyone is going to die at the end, or we're getting a bitter sweet ending, like "we saved the world for everyone else, but lost everything we had along the way".

Brody Powell
Brody Powell

Zombies would just spin dash, dumbass.

Ryan Moore
Ryan Moore

Name something better lmao

Charles James
Charles James

There's lots of death, but is it likely most main characters are going to die off?

Xavier Russell
Xavier Russell

They get hungry after.

Wyatt Ramirez
Wyatt Ramirez

Maybe not most, but I think that at least one of the main cast is going to die.

Just look at who's the writer.

Justin Green
Justin Green

Their situation doesn't seem as hopeless, all things considering. How long is this going to be?

Julian Ward
Julian Ward

11 or 12 episodes long.

Jason Anderson
Jason Anderson

Kurusu doesn't have his sword from the OP and Dio hasn't done anything yet, and he's in the OP too. Overall it seems more action oriented. I don't know if they're even going to have bullshit politics when they get to the capital.

Adrian Perry
Adrian Perry

I don't know if they're even going to have bullshit politics
God, I hope they don't.

I'm really liking Kabaneri for what it is.

Noah Robinson
Noah Robinson

>Your blood tastes really sweet, Kajika-san!

Jack Nguyen
Jack Nguyen

Mumei is like those Kamina type characters.
She will die, mark my words.

Samuel Sanders
Samuel Sanders

The difference is that everyone in TTGL loved Kamina, while in this show nobody likes Mumei.

They appreciate her help and all, but nobody LIKES her.

Jayden Edwards
Jayden Edwards

but nobody LIKES her

Carter Gonzalez
Carter Gonzalez

Yeah Kajika likes her now. I don't think Mumei dies unless this ends up being a show where every main character is killed off one by one.

I bet Kajika dies though. She actually is well liked by all the characters and isn't particularly that important to what's going on.

Liam Brown
Liam Brown

It's Mumei who's stalking Kajika all the time and creeping her out.

Look at her face, user. LOOK AT HER FACE

Daniel Bell
Daniel Bell

They're besties now, user.

Anthony Young
Anthony Young

That more like a "Oh gosh, this girls is so cute, what do I say! What do I do!" reaction.

She's the first one in line to jump at giving Mumei her blood.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page