Premise for DR3 revealed

Nathaniel Cruz
Nathaniel Cruz

nice info
why is naegi so short

Chase Lopez
Chase Lopez

Shit, it posted itself before I finished making the post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-09/danganronpa-3-tv-anime-story-previewed-before-july-debut/.101925
The killing game in Future arc is about finding a traitor and killing them
It begins when the FF are reunited trying to decide how to punish Makoto for protecting the Remnants of Despair
Monaca is very likely to be involved here
Also, this premise does sound like something that would be very short as a game.
I'm interested in the "fateful meeting" Hajime had.
Maybe it's Nagito? It would make their relationship even more complicated if the thing that pushed Hajime into becoming Izuru was a meeting with Nagito
I'm very excited for this show

Jack Nguyen
Jack Nguyen

no togami listed
The fateful meeting would probably be with Junko or something, but I'm always excited for more nagito. I think the possible shortness of it is why they decided not to make it into a game

Levi Barnes
Levi Barnes

Where is Fukawa?

Nathan Howard
Nathan Howard

Have you guys heard? Killer Killer is apparently a Dangan Ronpa spin-off. The main characters work for the 6th division of the future foundation.

Dominic Cook
Dominic Cook

The Future Foundation members had gathered together to decide on his punishment, but they all end up getting trapped inside the place they were meeting by Monokuma, who demands that they begin the "Final Killing." They have strange bangles put on their wrists, and are given tranquilizers when a certain time arrives. To make things worse, there apparently is a real traitor amongst their ranks who is coming to kill the members of the Future Foundation.

Wow this is literally Zero Escape.

Alexander Ramirez
Alexander Ramirez

probably with togami off doing rich people stuff

Justin Wilson
Justin Wilson

I'm gonna watch Byakuya and Toko show up in the new game at the end.

William Brooks
William Brooks

Uchikoshi has to sue those faggots.

Xavier Nguyen
Xavier Nguyen

Uchikoshi and Kodaka are really good friends, though.

Luis Wright
Luis Wright

Fuck off, ZEtards
By the way, I'm not saying anything about the quality of ZE itself. I'm just saying you are retarded fanboys

William Harris
William Harris

I have to admit I'm a big fan of characters turning up at the end. SDR2 was great in that respect

Landon Gonzalez
Landon Gonzalez

probably with togami
probably not

Christian Lopez
Christian Lopez

Future Foundation are the dumbest motherfuckers.

Carson Cox
Carson Cox

">I'm interested in the "fateful meeting" Hajime had."

Its obviously Junko. The whole "Despair" anime is about how Junko influenced the whole SDR2 cast to join her.

Lincoln Gomez
Lincoln Gomez

How could it be Junko if she is fucking double dead?

And Izuru already met "Junko", which is how she got into neo world in the first place.

Jaxson James
Jaxson James

Errrr no? This death game scenario takes after the "mafia" or "wolf" games. the only similarity is them wearing bracelets.

Aaron Mitchell
Aaron Mitchell

Are you retarded? Despair Arc takes places in the past.

Ryan Collins
Ryan Collins

Yeah sorry, misread the post.

Austin Young
Austin Young

Post best characters from SDR2

Landon Perry
Landon Perry

She's the traitor. I base this on nothing other than her being the character that voiced the trailer. They even made a point of introduced her, and only her, specifically.

Logan Ward
Logan Ward

They won't pull another Chiaki right?

Nicholas Lewis
Nicholas Lewis

How? We're not in the virtual world anymore.
...right?
Monomi is also in the cast. Suspicious.

Aiden Wilson
Aiden Wilson

getting cucked by a chuuni

Hudson Adams
Hudson Adams

Being the one who's awake with her now
No chuuni interference

Jayden Butler
Jayden Butler

also Danganronpa 3 spinoff manga
http://www.bezaldfamily.net/?topic=55994.0
Naegi-kun's corpse is discovered
I'm sorry for the shitty raw link

Michael Butler
Michael Butler

Which makes you wonder what exactly they're doing on that island now.

Elijah Nelson
Elijah Nelson

The traitor is obviously Mitarai Ryouta. He looks way too different from Twogami-version (who should be identical aside of weight), and Mitarai is supposed to be one of SDR2 classmates.

Noah Nguyen
Noah Nguyen

I think you know, user...

Ryan Cook
Ryan Cook

they won't pull a fake death in the anime, right?

Connor Baker
Connor Baker

kicking saionjis corpse over and over, I hope.

Matthew Collins
Matthew Collins

Hajime and Sonia are making babies in order to conquer the world with despair.

Cameron Hughes
Cameron Hughes

Creator said Naegi and the others wouldn't participate in another death "game"
So make then participate in a all out "find the traitor before he gets you" in an anime

You sneaky fuck. I bet Monaka's behind this shit.

Evan Bell
Evan Bell

Don't you think other people would have picked up on this?

Ethan Price
Ethan Price

that doesn't sound like true hope

Xavier Hughes
Xavier Hughes

Nobody gets to bully Saionji but me

Alexander Brown
Alexander Brown

It's despair to reach true hope user. After all, what is hope without facing despair first?

Charles Torres
Charles Torres

They're supposedly cured of despair.

Oliver Powell
Oliver Powell

2 episodes of Danganronpa 3 each week
I hope the animation doesn't suffer

Jonathan Nelson
Jonathan Nelson

I'm pretty sure that was left up in the air, they had to get out with hopes that their future would be better, but the way they terminated the project meant that they would come out exactly how they came in.

They may not be 100% like before, but no fully recovered from despair too.

Dominic Moore
Dominic Moore

Wait, they're actually airing both of them at once? I thought one was going to come first and then the other or something

Alexander Lopez
Alexander Lopez

I don't know, the fact that they stayed behind on the island and the fact that hajime didn't revert back to izuru is a pretty good indicator that they're over the worst of it.

Hudson Miller
Hudson Miller

It has been confirmed they're both airing in the same season. With a new episode for both each week

Jace Ortiz
Jace Ortiz

I'm just glad Takada's making the OST again

Dominic Miller
Dominic Miller

Do we know how many cours each show has? From the premise, both shows sounds like 13-episode deals to me.

Bentley Bennett
Bentley Bennett

Why they handcuffed Hajime?

Jayden Ward
Jayden Ward

My question is how Hajime got his brown hair back at the end. Of course hair changing color for no reason has happened before i guess.

I was not aware of this, nice.

Jose Anderson
Jose Anderson

can't imagine both of them being longer than one cour

Owen Clark
Owen Clark

It's the whole "spirit" thing i guess like with Ichimaru, or they simply colored hajime's hair after the project was done, we don't really know why he had black hair when he became Izuru.

Easton Clark
Easton Clark

That's Makoto.
And he's handcuffed because he went against direct orders of the Future Foundation.
His orders were to give the Remnats of Despair to FF headquarters to have them executed for their cirmes.
But Makoto protected them and placed them in the Neo World Program to cure them from their despair, which was considered by the FF an act of treason

Camden Moore
Camden Moore

We don't know how he looks like now. His hair color in the virtual world is meaningless.
Future Foundation are a bunch of retards. Seriously, Makoto is the guy that defeated junko not only once, but fucking twice. The Despairs are comatose and the awake ones aren't a threat anymore.

Bentley Butler
Bentley Butler

You don't think they'd kill any of the DR1 cast in this do you? I want bacon hands to find happiness with hope boy, and for Hagakure to still fear aliens while eating donuts with Asahina. Luckily Togami is probably on Towa city to fix the situation with Naegi's sister and Fukawa, so they're both safe in way.

Andrew Rogers
Andrew Rogers

On the opposite, think of all the things they can do by murdering them

Nathaniel Stewart
Nathaniel Stewart

He still broke the rules i guess. In their minds there was no point in saving a bunch of psychos who murdered people for the most fucked up of reasons.

I doubt they'd do anything harsh to him though, they're probably just going to keep him detained or something.

Camden Cook
Camden Cook

hope boy is appearently dead in the spinoff not sure if kodoka is pulling our legs there though

Dominic Clark
Dominic Clark

Bacon hands dies.

Screencap this post.

Christian Nelson
Christian Nelson

But that's exactly why they're retarded. He is the guy that solves the problems. Putting him in a prison just invites more problems.
The only reason why he is being detained is because Makoto scratched the ego of somebody. And most likely it's the vice-president of FF. The president doesn't look like he gives half a fuck.

Wyatt Jenkins
Wyatt Jenkins

It's probably a red herring, or he's going a different direction in the spin off.

Joseph Long
Joseph Long

I don't disagree, but it's probably going to be something like people trying to convince president to give an example by detaining him, because like it or not, he did use FF's funds for this.

Andrew Robinson
Andrew Robinson

What the hell is even happening there. Are those guys despair people too? It kinda looks like the story predates the whole anime part, so Makoto's probably not dead, he just looks like it.

Place's bomb in the guy's mouth and lauches him upwards to blow up

Jackson Reyes
Jackson Reyes

Pretty sure Uchikoshi inspired the premise in the first place

Carter Harris
Carter Harris

Hajime shows up in the epilogue to the game outside of the virtual world with his hair back to pre-hopes peak

Charles Gray
Charles Gray

Where in the timeline is this happening? Is it supposed to be canon?

Jason Mitchell
Jason Mitchell

to sites, which I'm not gonna name, it's supposed to be a spinoff, so take it as you like
not sure when it's supposed to happen, although Kirigiri seems to be alive

Jeremiah Scott
Jeremiah Scott

It happens at the same time as the DR3 Future anime, I believe. Those guys are from the 6th Division of the Future Foundation.

Connor Price
Connor Price

Another episode was also a spinoff but it also displayed some fairly important information, like the source of Junko's massive monokuma robot army and some other things.

This may still be relevant. Since i doubt they'd start this off by killing Naegi for real, it's probably a fakeout.

Luis Thompson
Luis Thompson

What meaning do funds even have in a world that is almost completely destroyed?

Also, whoever tries to smear Makoto is very suspicious by default. The reason why all of the FF leaders gathered is because of that person. The "Final Killing Game" could not happend unless that person tries to shit on Makoto.

Austin Diaz
Austin Diaz

Another episode was also a game, and not just some manga.

Henry Martinez
Henry Martinez

the OST was pretty good though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vATlONpoS1I

Christian Perez
Christian Perez

Mirai-hen won't have class trials
Good, they really don't work in anime format. I'm a little hesitant because the Class Trials and Executions were part of what made the series so great, but I'm hyped regardless. The premise for Zetsubou-hen wasn't anything new I don't think. Still, I'm hype as fuck.

Jacob Diaz
Jacob Diaz

hates being backstabbed
as opposed to? Who likes getting betrayed? Except Junko I guess?

Henry Lee
Henry Lee

Another mystery:

Why is Monomi listed in the cast? She is supposed to be a virtual NPC. Furthermore, shouldn't it be Usami?

Liam Martinez
Liam Martinez

No class trials doesn't mean no executions.

Apparently from what I've gathered of this thread and just in general, the killing game this time around seems to be a lot like Werewolf. The werewolf, or I guess in this case the traitor, goes around killing the cast. Everyone votes for who they think the traitor is at set times, and the person voted for is executed. Game only ends when the traitor is killed or everyone besides the traitor is killed, with Monokuma hosting. And with Monokuma hosting, we'll probably see executions.

Zachary Wood
Zachary Wood

hates being backstabbed
is friendly with Sounosuke Izayoi

hmmmm....

Christopher Hernandez
Christopher Hernandez

Towa City? Who fucking knows.

Levi Campbell
Levi Campbell

Which is what I mentioned about here:

Liam Thomas
Liam Thomas

Uchikoshi has to sue those faggots.
Ironic, considering that two of ZTD's trophies imply that virtual reality may be involved.

James Rodriguez
James Rodriguez

DR x ZE crossover will happen and it will be fun

Cameron Butler
Cameron Butler

I just hope they do it slightly differently then the anime did. The style of executions in the games is awesome and fits really well, but I think the transition was a little more awkward then it needed to be for the anime. But then again, thats cause I was comparing it to the game, so with no comparison in the new anime they might be good.

I just hope it'll be seen positively a few years from now instead of being a failure. Sales aren't that big a deal here because its part of an unbelievably popular franchise, but if the conclusion to Hope's Peak Academy is shitty it'll feel like an huge disappointment. A recent comparison I can make is like what Dimension W was in Winter. Great at the start, but ended horribly and now we'd all rather forget about it.

Matthew Roberts
Matthew Roberts

I just hope they do it slightly differently then the anime did
They literally took the cutscenes from the game and put them in the anime, user.

Oliver Taylor
Oliver Taylor

Almost. They were slightly more animated and different in some areas compared to the game executions, only by very little though.

Jacob Harris
Jacob Harris

Oh really? I thought they were taken straight from the games and upscaled. Weird.

Jordan Reed
Jordan Reed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8uk6WAx6Pk

Eli Cruz
Eli Cruz

>>141316740
Wrong video, fuck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8uk6WAx6Pk

Benjamin Price
Benjamin Price

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MoNjqptanQ uncensored anime version

Jose Nelson
Jose Nelson

Naegi deserves a happy ending, or else I riot.

Alexander Bailey
Alexander Bailey

No, he deserves a hope-y ending

Adrian Garcia
Adrian Garcia

A happy ending with Kirigi, you mean.

Alexander Hughes
Alexander Hughes

But user image the great amount of despair that would be created because the symbol of hope died! The world needs only go forward after his death for the greatest and shiniest of hopes to happen!

Jaxson Adams
Jaxson Adams

I don't play the games nor will I but how inferior will it be to the first anime?

All the girls seem shitty in this one.

Grayson Stewart
Grayson Stewart

I don't play the games nor will
posts downscaled picture of a worst girl
Fucking kill yourself Ledouche and never come back.

Aaron Jenkins
Aaron Jenkins

Sonia will just move down to the next person in her pecking order; the guy that resembles a Novoselic hero.

Parker Ross
Parker Ross

But EVENTUALLY, the only logical choice will prevail!

Carter Fisher
Carter Fisher

Monomi is an AI, so it shouldn't be hard to make a robot body for her. I don't know why they didn't go with Usami, though.

Henry Perez
Henry Perez

I want Komaeda to hug me and tell me everything is going to be daijobu

Jose Nelson
Jose Nelson

Worst girl
That's not Akane

Wyatt Wright
Wyatt Wright

This is made for people who played the games, so why do you care?
Oh God, please don't tell me you're going to ask retarded questions in the thread that are answered in the games but that you must ask because you want to be a retarded secondary
This anime is made for people who played the games. If you won't play them, fuck off

Jack Stewart
Jack Stewart

You will never be that body pillow

William Hill
William Hill

Did those Kirigiri LN get fully translated yet?

Nigga beein waiting months

Brayden Sanders
Brayden Sanders

Even in death Gundam still wins

Matthew Kelly
Matthew Kelly

The TL was put on hold in favour of DR Togami. Which judging by the summaries seems like a pile of shit.

Caleb Hall
Caleb Hall

I think I just heard a wrong opinion.

Anthony Reyes
Anthony Reyes

Implying Komaeda will want to hug a boring normal person like yourself who can't even work towards hope

I wonder if he bullied Hajime for being reserve course.

Jacob Bailey
Jacob Bailey

Maybe they can team up?

Juan Gutierrez
Juan Gutierrez

Who cares about girls when you can have boys like that

Cameron Hill
Cameron Hill

Liking food and tit jokes
Shit, Aoi is better than that and all she does is swimming and donuts

Ryder Russell
Ryder Russell

I agree, I only need the cute Naegi to cuddle with.

Julian White
Julian White

Weed man still alive
He must have some purpose

Carter Sanders
Carter Sanders

They are drinking buddies. They probably take many ideas from each other.

Carter Sanders
Carter Sanders

I liked the dub, fight me

Justin Sanchez
Justin Sanchez

There was an anime dub?

Henry Perez
Henry Perez

This! Can't wait to see him animated.

Wyatt Parker
Wyatt Parker

The first game's dub was garbage. The second game was much better.

For some reason i found danganronpa's 2 jap voices to be a little too similar to each other, or that they lacked emotion. Hajime and Komaeda sometimes sounded like the same person.

Easton Perry
Easton Perry

Fuck, that was a really big dose of despair just now, it might even kill me

Angel Kelly
Angel Kelly

Yeah. They replaced every VA except for Naegi's because lolfunimation.

Hunter Myers
Hunter Myers

Dub Nagito to me sounds like a surfer dude, fuck.

Cameron Diaz
Cameron Diaz

Literally what?
Komaeda ruse cruise was full of emotion

Cooper Myers
Cooper Myers

Me too user.

Wyatt Ross
Wyatt Ross

Come on bruh she sounded cute in the dub.

He did sound really creepy at times so ehh kinda fitted him.

So who's gonna voice monokuma in the jap version now?

Charles Cooper
Charles Cooper

Reminder that she's an unvirgin slut
inb4 beta cuсks will defend her once again with their favorite "b--bb-b-b-b-b-ut t-t-that's a faulty translation" meme
Deal with it, her Makango was defiled long time ago.

John Lewis
John Lewis

I expect nothing of both shows.
I'm not a big fan of universe expansion in DR.
Games are fine but revealing what the event was and shit doesn't float with me well.

Alexander Perry
Alexander Perry

Oh, I thought you were talking the anime.

Yeah, the dub for 2 is great.

Robert Diaz
Robert Diaz

So who's gonna voice monokuma in the jap version now?
Tarako Isona

Anthony Jones
Anthony Jones

Good thing you have V3

Jason Barnes
Jason Barnes

Rie will voice a nigger in the anime

So how long until the dub guys?

Christopher Moore
Christopher Moore

I guess.

Austin Cox
Austin Cox

gifted inmates
V3 is gonna be great, I can feel it. Hopefully every talent is related to crime
ultimate lockpicker
ultimate scammer
ultimate thief
ultimate panties thief
etc.

Jaxon Rivera
Jaxon Rivera

Is there any particular reason why everyone is ignoring how his crystal ball is broken on the floor in the promo shot OP posted

Weedman is either dead or gone rogue.

Elijah Hughes
Elijah Hughes

Don't you love Robo-Naegi?

Brandon Lewis
Brandon Lewis

How to contain all this hope?

Jose Bailey
Jose Bailey

I can't wait
DR2 had loads of cool shit going on but it was sort of held back by needing to be tied to the events of DR1 I feel

Luis Torres
Luis Torres

If this happens there had better be a Ultimate Jaywalker

Angel Cox
Angel Cox

ultimate rapist

Jeremiah Clark
Jeremiah Clark

Faulty translation

I remenber reading that before, but i forget what the explanation was. I think it was something like a word that similar to virgin for her or something and she understood as that being the case and thought she was unfit?

Jace Jackson
Jace Jackson

And his talent is to make wanted sex into unwanted one?

Carson Clark
Carson Clark

the translation is correct, but the joke got lost in the translation.
In Chapter 4, Sonia indirectly declares to Gundham that she isn't a virgin, but that is most likely just a verbal mistake because she misunderstood due to being a foreigner as Gundham in japanese used the word Shojo (処女) for virgin which sounds when spoken identical to Shōjo (少女) meaning little/young girl implying Sonia meant she isn't a little girl. It's a joke misunderstanding that got lost in translation.
However, the term 'virgin' also refers to someone who hasn't used their blood for a satanic ritual, and due to her obsession with the occult, it could also mean that she has partaken in such a rite in the past.

Adam Price
Adam Price

I like the games and all but the "BIG LARGE HUGE TRAGEDY" thing makes no sense to me.

Am I correct that one student riot at one school in Japan causes all this shit? Am I missing something? (Sorry in advance.)

Liam Allen
Liam Allen

TFW hoping that V3 will have a chapter that will top danganronpa's 2 chapter 5

Am i hoping too much i wonder. Perhaps i should stop before i become dissapointed and get filled with Despair.

Parker Walker
Parker Walker

I guess

Zachary Robinson
Zachary Robinson

Junko caused a massacre(s?) in Hope's Peak
and from there it just sort of trended around the world. Junko became a figurehead of sorts, she didn't spearhead the apocalypse personally or anything though

Connor Cooper
Connor Cooper

It's all very vague.
And yeah, the student riot started most of the shit. It started in the school, spread online and from there it caught fire.
The reserve course students started to riot after junko showed them footage of the first killing game, where Izuru kills 14 people. The students were pissed that their money was used for this shit and the talentless began to revolt.

Ayden Adams
Ayden Adams

The student revolt was one of the thing that helped the huge disaster happen. The main thing was the whole "poor vs wealthy" that made the population strike.

A lot of fucked up shit was happening, the mass suicide, students from the school which nurtured the most talented and most helpful people ever causing it, Junko orchestrating ways to make the population hate each other, people dying left and right for no fucking reason, and then it escalated into the disaster.

Robert Green
Robert Green

you will never fill Komaeda with hope
brb drowning in despair

Jace Barnes
Jace Barnes

I don't remenber. Was it revelated to reserve course that Izuru was the school's experiment?

Aaron Butler
Aaron Butler

No, I don't think so. Izuru is a complete mystery to everyone, excluding Junko. Remember that Nagito didn't know who he was, despite Nagito being a part of Ultimate Despair.

Christopher Cruz
Christopher Cruz

what are the chances of Sonia going full Ishida and chanelling Gundham's soul?

Lucas Wilson
Lucas Wilson

Plus in the sixth trial when she finds out everything they all did was broadcasted to them and she's embarrassed about doing these shameful things a lot.
Even Byakuya's like "yeah, you did. a lot."

But then as says, she has weird hobbies and might actually know shit like this.

Jackson Green
Jackson Green

Remind me for it's been a while since i played. Hajime was a reserve course student, and had no affiliation with class 77 aside from being from the same school in real life right? The only reason he was part of it in the simulation was to make an excuse to fit him into the simulation right?

Brayden Myers
Brayden Myers

0 because he ain't dead yet, just sleeping.

Zachary Collins
Zachary Collins

I thinkthe anime will go into that
The main thing to come out of Izuru's origin is that Hope's Peak themselves are significantly more fucked up than initially thought and that there's more than just Junko's despair wank going on here

Matthew Allen
Matthew Allen

Adrian Torres
Adrian Torres

Hajime was Izuru
also the cast of DR2 were all Remnants of Despair, him too

Ayden Davis
Ayden Davis

Yeah, pretty much.
It's not known when exactly he was transformed into Izuru. But we know that the Academy tried to keep him a secret.
He's asking if he was affiliated with the class, which he was not.

Jack Lewis
Jack Lewis

Why exactly did Hajime go super saiyan?

Jayden Phillips
Jayden Phillips

something to do with him accepting both hope and despair, or some shit

Jaxon Perez
Jaxon Perez

Because he beat Izuru and surpressed him.

Daniel Barnes
Daniel Barnes

yeah, you did. a lot

Angel Gonzalez
Angel Gonzalez

Sauce? Google is useless

Joshua Cooper
Joshua Cooper

I like talking about DR with Sup Forums because atleast you guys aren't secondaries and most of you have read Zero.

Luis Sanders
Luis Sanders

Yeah, he's basically gonna be having interaction with Enoshima alone, it seems kinda hard for him to interact with others from 2's class while sticking to canon
I'm mostly looking forward to what triggers everyone's despair. I'm guessing we'll get to see the full Twilight Syndrome murder case, with Kuzuryu killing that Satou bitch at the end? That also means Kuzuryu's sister will appear, and the Ultimate Imposter will probably be copying someone else (going by the PV image).

Austin Young
Austin Young

Its going to be worse than the first one

Christian Peterson
Christian Peterson

Fucking god-tier doujin, basically canon in my books.

http://exhentai.org/g/827268/fab1b08a58/

Owen Barnes
Owen Barnes

Literally impossible, the first one had to rush the investigations and had no free time for characters. This is written as an anime original from the ground up.

Easton Smith
Easton Smith

Thanks, user. You fill me with hope.

Parker Nelson
Parker Nelson

Gundam lived a very strange life. A chuuni that behaves as if he is a clishéd mid-boss from a jrpg, turns into actual evil terrorist who is responsible for completely fucking the planet over.

Joseph Butler
Joseph Butler

Pretty sure he was chuuni before despair

Justin Reyes
Justin Reyes

Just wait, this will have the same shit pacing but now it wont have the good writing anymore
Its basically fanfictional unnecessary lengthening of the story

Mason Scott
Mason Scott

right in the waifu

I was asking for it with the designated choice, fight me

Ian Hughes
Ian Hughes

You should read his other DR doujins, they are so good it's not even funny.

Charles Gutierrez
Charles Gutierrez

Yeah, that's what I said.

Jaxon Powell
Jaxon Powell

fanfiction
from the guy that writes the story for the games
okay, whatever you say kohei

Nathaniel Morales
Nathaniel Morales

The scenario is written by Kodaka himself, so it's not exactly fanfiction.

Eli Jones
Eli Jones

He obviously cant write for anime.
And the good ideas are going to the next game

Christian Bell
Christian Bell

I can see Ibuki's music having people polarized and not sure what to make of it.
This whole people not understanding her music eats away at her.
She falls to Despair.
Now her music induces Despair to all around around. They're full of hidden and dark subliminal messages

Aiden Jones
Aiden Jones

Post naegi images

Xavier Nelson
Xavier Nelson

How the fuck do you know he can't write for anime if this is his first time? He wasn't responsible for the mess that was the DR anime.

Nicholas Martin
Nicholas Martin

Akane not a skeleton
Sonia not sacrificing her parents herself
this bugs my autism too much

Logan Diaz
Logan Diaz

Its most likely going to be shit which was my original point
Deal with it

Landon Gutierrez
Landon Gutierrez

Both of these things happened after Junkos death, didn't they? So it still makes sense time-wise.

Owen Reed
Owen Reed

What does it feel to fuck Junko's dead body, Sup Forums?

Andrew Powell
Andrew Powell

on that note, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't actually take that much to start tipping her towards despair anyway, her FT route hinted here and there that she wanted out of the princess life
wouldn't be surprised if she was one of the first ones Junko wins over even

Isaiah Richardson
Isaiah Richardson

That's a pretty drastic change though. Didn't she just want to have a normal girl life? Like in one of her japanese dramas?

Bentley Perez
Bentley Perez

I want to see more Kanon. I doubt we will, though.

Levi Bell
Levi Bell

youtube

Jacob Ortiz
Jacob Ortiz

should've posted kirigi with those detective skills, user.

Ryan Anderson
Ryan Anderson

yeah it extreme, that's why I said tipping her towards it
what happens when she finds out that life in Japan is nothing like her j-dramas?

Brayden Edwards
Brayden Edwards

It's just porn, turn your brain off.

If it were trying to follow canon it'd be Junko mindbreaking her in a Hope's Peak bathroom or something instead.

Luke Martin
Luke Martin

youtube

Michael Cox
Michael Cox

But she attended Hope's Peak. She was already living in japan.

Zachary Nguyen
Zachary Nguyen

Did she move to Japan to enrol in Hope's Peak or was she already there before? because we don't actually know what she was like during Hope's Peak

Anthony Wright
Anthony Wright

She could've been bullied

Anthony Perez
Anthony Perez

Most likely she was scouted by that sleazy-looking dude and then invited.
Yeah? So what? That would play into her j-drama obsession.

Blake Jenkins
Blake Jenkins

Komaeda may bully and scorn Hinata in the anime
Oh how the tables have turned

Benjamin Smith
Benjamin Smith

Komaeda first met him in the boat to the island, so probably not.

Christopher Williams
Christopher Williams

What's the format of this anyway? I get that Mirai-hen and Zetsubou-hen are airing simultaneously but does that mean each half is getting a cour
or is it going to be two sets of 13 minute shorts or something?

Christopher Ortiz
Christopher Ortiz

Why would the even interact? They're not in the same class. And apparently Izuru never met the other Despairs.

Christopher Brown
Christopher Brown

From what I understand, it's 2 complete shows. So 22 minutes per episode.

Isaac Hughes
Isaac Hughes

And apparently Izuru never met the other Despairs.
But Despair fever Mikan knew who the mole was, which implies she recognized Izuru/Hajime.

Brandon Collins
Brandon Collins

It helps she had a legitimate princess of a military state and the heir of the largest yakuza at her side.

Charles Walker
Charles Walker

So, who is willing to bet that the Remnants of Despair are gonna show up at the end of Mirai-hen to save the day? Like a reverse situation of the ending in DR2.
Maybe from seeing him around the school. But she never saw Chiaki.

Easton Russell
Easton Russell

Maybe they just met just before/during/after the boat trip to the island.

Jaxson Myers
Jaxson Myers

They probably all met before they got into the simulator. Izuru had to explain to them about his plan of Junko taking over.

Jose Rivera
Jose Rivera

Ah wait a second.
All of the Remnats of Despair agreed to participate with the Neo World Program. So they all should've met there (probably for the first time) and Mikan remembers this bit.

Eli Morales
Eli Morales

It would be pretty nice to see hinata and naegi working together.

Henry Parker
Henry Parker

Because you say so, right?
Whatever you say, Know-it-all-kun

Julian Richardson
Julian Richardson

You don't need to be in the same class as a person to see them. I'd like to see how the discrimination against talentless people went, and Komaeda seems like a prime example of showing it. I don't expect any long conversation but just general derision or scornful glares at the reserve class.

Robert Jackson
Robert Jackson

Wait, so if Mikan remembered that part, how would her mind treat dying if she knew it was a simulation?

Eli Perez
Eli Perez

said chuuni is voiced by Sugita
It's not Kazuichi's fault, he never stood a chance

Michael Howard
Michael Howard

Did he? I don't think it was completely neccessary. He mentions it to Nagito, almost as if he's bragging, but even then he only says vague shit.
Yeah, that is stated as the reason why Mikan has a high chance from waking up from the coma. Nagito has the same deal as well, because he figured it all out by chapter 4.
Seriously. I lost my shit when Gintoki suddenly started talking in the form of the Ultimate Chuuni.

Charles Foster
Charles Foster

It was necessary because otherwise the Remnants wouldn't have agreed to go on the Simulation. I think Naegi explained that all of them were okay with it and they weren't forced into it, so they probably knew.

Oliver Gray
Oliver Gray

Didn't he say to Nagito that this plan was his revenge on Junko though?
Makes me wonder how far Izuru looked ahead. Maybe he foresaw what would happend.

Ayden Cruz
Ayden Cruz

Izuru looking ahead is nothing surprising, he litteraly had all sorts of talents implanted into him, prediction may not be far off, or at least coming up with all sorts of plants in his mind like how things are going to play out, and acting out in accordance to the prediction that's coming true.

Connor Robinson
Connor Robinson

Nah, end of Another Episode, confirms that it was a collaborate plan between the two of them.

Oliver Lewis
Oliver Lewis

yfw both shows are revealed to be two-cour
6 full months despair
6 full months of despair twice a week
Watching the students first hand devolve into the Ultimate Despairs
I got nothing on Mirai-hen being 2-cour since it probably wouldn't work if you stretched it out that long, but a man can hope

Christopher Watson
Christopher Watson

What if he tricked her though? And his plan was to destroy her AI, so that nothing of her would be left. It seems like she trusted him a whole lot.

Xavier Davis
Xavier Davis

Kodaka had already confirmed that SDR2 cast will not be appearing in "Mirai" anime.

Nathaniel Jones
Nathaniel Jones

That only confirms Nagito knew he had to go to the NWP, not why.
He stated pretty clearly in DR2 chapter 0, that the boat is the first time he's meeting Izuru

Christian Phillips
Christian Phillips

Junko also has analytical talents, so she'd see it coming and not give a fuck.

Carson Reyes
Carson Reyes

I think he means a plan between Izuru and Junko (AI), when he's talking with kurokuma and shirokuma.

James Morris
James Morris

Weedman is the mastermind

Christian Reyes
Christian Reyes

I doubt it, if his plan really was to destroy her, he would of done so in Another Episode.

Christian Anderson
Christian Anderson

trusting them with two two-cour shows at the same time.
That would be a major trainwreck, and not the kind that's fun to watch.

Jose Johnson
Jose Johnson

Remenber that Izuru had litteraly 0 emotions, he was living for the sake of finding out if anything could make him feel again, be it joy, sadness anything at all.

He most likely allowed Junko to reach the game in hopes of feeling something too, while most likely predicting the outcome.

Jordan Foster
Jordan Foster

Remenber that Izuru had litteraly 0 emotions
Wrong, he knows excitement and boredom. He's excited for a couple of seconds because the boat rocks, until he gets bored of that as well.

Tyler Rodriguez
Tyler Rodriguez

I think it'll turn out that slim Ryota isn't really the Ultimate Animator, but making him the traitor would be too obvious, IMO.

Landon Collins
Landon Collins

See

Andrew Wright
Andrew Wright

You're right but you're going to ruin it if you post too loudly about it.

Liam Thomas
Liam Thomas

Sorry. I was mistaken, then.

Jacob Wright
Jacob Wright

What so how many episodes are there again?

Daniel Brooks
Daniel Brooks

From how I see it, Izuru is a being who's purely obsessed with talent and only follows Junko out of respect at how talented she is.

Aaron Harris
Aaron Harris

We don't know. But a total of 26 makes sense, 13 for each show.
They already complained about how hard it is to juggle between both these anime and V3, so I doubt either show will get 2 cours.

Caleb Gomez
Caleb Gomez

We don't know yet but at the very least I'm guessing 13 episodes for each of them so 26 in total.

Dominic Smith
Dominic Smith

Is Lerche even a good studio? I really only watched the first anime of Danganronpa from them, otherwise their stuff never really caught my interest. But I don't know if they're good are bad since one anime isn't really a good basis to judge a studio on.

Chase Walker
Chase Walker

I don't get it. Is the Despair Arc covering the second game or something like a prequel to it?

Jaxon Walker
Jaxon Walker

It's a prequel to DR2, we're gonna see how Junko turned the DR2 cast into Despairs. As well as seeing Hajime getting turned into Izuru.

Tyler Harris
Tyler Harris

Prequel, we'll get to see how they earned the title Ultimate Despairs first hand

Kevin Reyes
Kevin Reyes

They vary.

Last summer they adapted Monster Musume quite well while their adaptation of Gakkou Gurashi was pretty shit and their original from that season wasn't really good either.

William Moore
William Moore

Monster Musume
Assasination Classromm
School-Live!

Shows done by Lerche

Luis Rivera
Luis Rivera

they're also responsible for the Persona 4 animation.

I hope they won't fuck up this project.

Joseph Lewis
Joseph Lewis

they're also responsible for the Persona 4 animation.
I thought that was AIC.

Eli Jackson
Eli Jackson

Not according to wiki at least.
Funny thing, if you go on the P4 anime page, Lerche isn't mentioned.

So I don't know. Might be AIC instead?

Carter Price
Carter Price

It was AIC Asta for the first P4 anime and A1 for the Golden anime.

John Miller
John Miller

Yeah, reading up a bit more, seems like Lerche only helped with episode 22.

My bad.

Josiah Bell
Josiah Bell

Add Ranpo Kitan to that list
I don't know man, looks pretty hopeless to me

Jaxon Baker
Jaxon Baker

Director was the same IIRC.

Dylan Johnson
Dylan Johnson

I just want muh naegi.

Liam Jenkins
Liam Jenkins

How will they bring back Junko this time?

Jeremiah Young
Jeremiah Young

multiple Junko AIs

Tyler Richardson
Tyler Richardson

Junko is now a ghost and her spirit resides in Monokuma

Nathaniel Cruz
Nathaniel Cruz

She's probably going to be the MC of Zetsubou-hen since she has to seduce all the characters.

Ian Ward
Ian Ward

Zero. She was totally fine after his death.

Ayden Adams
Ayden Adams

Ishimaru went into denial mode over Mondo's death which is what lead to that
whereas Sonia accepted Gundham's death, hell Gundham made her just before he got executed even

Jeremiah Evans
Jeremiah Evans

I wonder how people are going to react over naegi's death

Jacob Rivera
Jacob Rivera

No one cares.

Hajime is a better MC without a bitch ass voice in both languages either.

Adrian Ramirez
Adrian Ramirez

I'm happy. He ruined the end of DR2 and I hate him since then.

Elijah Sullivan
Elijah Sullivan

Well i think they did Hamatora and that was cool i guess.

Jeremiah Russell
Jeremiah Russell

Quads confirm.

Ryder Edwards
Ryder Edwards

bitch ass voice
hating Megumi Ogata

Brayden Sanchez
Brayden Sanchez

Junko never died, it was another twin sister

I'd be fine with it. We just need Togami to get crushed by a piano or something and then we're golden.

Ryan Foster
Ryan Foster

I don't see Kyoko taking it well.

David Watson
David Watson

She doesn't give a fuck about him anyway.

Josiah Lee
Josiah Lee

or aoi

if the teaser manga ends during the start of DR3 then hope man must have died in the first case

Benjamin Fisher
Benjamin Fisher

Did we play the same VN? She's going to be pretty torn up over it.

Landon Cook
Landon Cook

Only Byakuya will feel sad.

Brody Richardson
Brody Richardson

I mean, who else can he bully now that Naegi is dead?

Joshua Thomas
Joshua Thomas

an MC even further up the self-insert scale is somehow better
Megumi Ogata has a fucking bitch ass voice

Tyler Gonzalez
Tyler Gonzalez

Or
OR

Naegi "dies"
But not really.

He's dead as far as everybody else involved can tell, but he's in a situation now where he can't interact with anybody. He's forced to watch as his friends are put in danger and he can't do a damn thing about it.

And it's all to crush his hope.

Jace Murphy
Jace Murphy

pretty sure the surviving cast except hagakure maybe will feel sad about it

Chase Wright
Chase Wright

This, except Junko's spirit somehow possesses Naegi's dead body.

Evan Carter
Evan Carter

Future Foundation is clearly shady as fuck
we already have an Ultimate who's ability is related to the "future"
he was a student who was held back from graduating multiple times, he probably knows all the former Hope's Peak people that make up the cast of this show
his crystal ball is shattered on the ground in that picture
the building in the background is shaped like a rocket ship (as in space, where the aliens are)
I swear I'm not crazy, guys
Weedman is the final boss

Liam Russell
Liam Russell

Fuck her shitty bitch nigga voice. Every time i heard makoto's voice i just wanted to bully him.

Parker Ross
Parker Ross

Are you gonna sit there and say Naegi didn't sound like some 12 year old who gets bullied by Yakuza punks?

VAfags truly are cancerous.

Carson Cook
Carson Cook

Literally NO ONE can voice Nagito or Naegi except for her, now kill yourself my man, this amount of pleb taste is just un-fucking-bearable and you should be ashamed.

Joshua Bell
Joshua Bell

Honestly, Hinata's voice bugged me a lot more at first and sounded a lot more obviously female. Ogata did a fucking fantastic job with both Naegi and Nagito though.

Benjamin Garcia
Benjamin Garcia

Stop sucking up to the VA like a typical faggot.

Makoto sounds like a wimp, end of story.

Michael Rodriguez
Michael Rodriguez

I wonder if they're going to show the start of the disaster and some of the atrocities they did while high on despair.

Dominic Johnson
Dominic Johnson

Well, y'know...

He kinda IS a wimp.

Camden Reyes
Camden Reyes

Honestly there seems to be a lot to support that, but it's quite likely that he'll die early on due to the shattered ball in the poster and not being listed as an MC like the other Hope's Peak survivors. I doubt they'll pull another Junko by revealing later that he didn't really die and was actually the mastermind, but it's quite likely we'll find out some shady shit about him later on. Apparently some people suspected him of playing retarded in the 1st game and thought he'd turn out to be the mastermind, so they might be finally using an idea for him that they discarded back then.

Nathaniel Perry
Nathaniel Perry

Literally hating best man Naegi
Fucking kill yourself and he won't die, I refuse to believe that.

Landon Perez
Landon Perez

Yeah which brings me back to the first point since one of the reasons i prefer hajime is he isn't one nor sounds like one.

Lincoln Clark
Lincoln Clark

Is nagito a Despair naegi or some middle ground?

Nicholas Parker
Nicholas Parker

Komaeda is the embodiment of hope.

Jayden Sullivan
Jayden Sullivan

He wants hope, but his vision of hope is twisted as shit because his life was nothing but suffering and feeling miserable for all the shit that happened through his life, something horrible happens, then something good, usually involving his sanity or those important to him.

So he thinks true hope can't be achieved without first feeling despair.

Colton Lopez
Colton Lopez

I understand that and I'm with you on that.
It's just that I understand why they went with who they did in the case of Makoto. A wimpy sort of voice for a wimpy sort of character. Makes perfect sense to me.

My problem with Makoto wasn't how wimpy he sounded though. It was how dense he was to some things that seemed perfectly logical to me when I played.

Adam Perry
Adam Perry

Nagito
Despair
Bwahahaha.

Ayden Bell
Ayden Bell

He's literally a genderbent Junko craving for hope

Nolan Murphy
Nolan Murphy

I love his laugh. The same way I love when naegi gets serious and start screaming.

Isaac Jones
Isaac Jones

he won't die, I refuse to believe that.
You're right, he won't.
Kyoko will though if the traitor paid any attention to the killing school life.

Gavin Nelson
Gavin Nelson

literally

No he's not.

Anthony Hill
Anthony Hill

Well, he's supposed to be an average japanese HS student (except for his luck and hope)
If anime has taught me anything is that average japanese HS students are dense retards

Ian Reyes
Ian Reyes

I thought he stood as Naegi counterpart. Then who is Naegi counterpart?
Kyouko dying
Don't joke about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckOqaWfXAWc

Anthony Gutierrez
Anthony Gutierrez

Right, because the traitor shouldn't target the person that busted their ass off to take down the Ultimate Despair and whose talent makes them overpowered as fuck in a game involving mystery.
Unless they have some other purpose to fulfill with the game (which is also likely, given the main goal always comes down to spreading despair in the best way possible), not targeting her would be a glaring oversight on their part.

Samuel Sanders
Samuel Sanders

I wonder if Naegi and Kirigiri got any closer in the time between the first game and the anime, and by that i mean the obvious sexual tension the two had in the first. I mean they're living in the equivalent of post apocalipse, there's always a chance for something to go terribly wrong, so waiting around is like asking to see that person die before you have a chance to tell then what you feel, if he didn't stop being a beta by now i'm gonna be pissed.

Logan Adams
Logan Adams

Kyouko will die in Naegi's arms
I don't want this. Thats too much despair.

Aaron Wilson
Aaron Wilson

She is pretty skilled in close combat too.
Isn't that what you want? Despair to bring an ever hope.

Justin Price
Justin Price

She would be a prime target, but she's not easy to take down, she's always alert and i belive she knows some martial arts for self defense.

An example would be her making Junko back off Naegi when she came to kill him. Alhough i'm not sure if she planned to run from the start or not.

Did she really try to cheat in her own game because things weren't going accordinly? I mean she's an analyst but i don't think even she could predict that Alter ego would hack into her system and save Naegi from being crushed.

Connor Hall
Connor Hall

What are you chicken? Don't you want the hope that comes out of it? It's merely a steping stone, one so huge that it will take a while to climb over and move foward, but once it's finnaly conquered, the hope that awaits will be majestic.

Nothing like the death of the person you love to bring out the greatest despair.

Isaiah Sanchez
Isaiah Sanchez

Funny thing. In the investigation, Byakuya practically tells you the identity of Monokuma. I mean, can't be more obvious. And then, when trials begins and we know everything, he's like: Nani! Bakana!

Oh, come on.

Jacob Roberts
Jacob Roberts

Of course she did, Naegi backed her against a wall with Alter Ego. Blame his hope and luck.

Jason Bennett
Jason Bennett

Junko said that sometimes she'd make her plans have mistakes in them so that she could feel despair when they fail. I think she planned to run from the start, she just wanted Naegi and Kirigiri to look at the attacker.

Nolan Powell
Nolan Powell

He's just playing a dumbass just to see how Naegi's gonna act like a tough shit.

Blake Brooks
Blake Brooks

Remember though, when the traitor goes in to kill someone, the others will be under an aesthetic.

Juan Reed
Juan Reed

I think it was a little bit of that and a little bit of trying to force Kyoko to be guilty in a trial.

Jaxon Parker
Jaxon Parker

I guess yeah, it's just that Junko's plan was perfect in a lot of way, but i don't think she expected that, she did plan on having the survivors figure out what happened outside i guess, but not how the lead up to it happened.

Evan Wilson
Evan Wilson

*anesthetic.

Ryan Young
Ryan Young

best man
implying Naegi wasn't best girl

nigga what

Colton Powell
Colton Powell

Huh?
Checks article again
"Tranquilizers when a certain time comes up"

Well shit, that's unfair as fuck. I guess there would be no way they would start killing each other otherwise though, they would just bunch up together and take down anyone who tried something funny.

Cameron Smith
Cameron Smith

It depends on what are the traitor's intentions though. What if it turns out that the traitor actually sympathizes with Naegi and just wants to kill the FF members who are against him?

We don't know who are the victims at this point so something like that could still happen.

Dylan Miller
Dylan Miller

A traitor implies someone who's working for Monokuma for the sake of despair, there's no way he sympathizes with anyone in there if he's an actual traitor.

Now that i think about it, killing off the survivors first wouldn't happen, he'd want then to feel despair before killing then off, and then randomly kill off one of then for enhanced despair.

I am not ready for this shit.

Robert Morris
Robert Morris

Who do you think will die first? For some reason i'm expecting magical negro to be the first victim.

Jonathan Lee
Jonathan Lee

Naegi himself is considered "under suspicions of treason", so someone killing FF members to help him would certainly be considered a "traitor".

Really, we don't even know who is behind Monokuma this time. Junko should be completely dead. The fact that Monomi apparently will be running around too is pretty odd, since only the people involved with the simulation should know about her.

Alexander Powell
Alexander Powell

Junko backed off, because killing the both of them would of given away to the other 4 survivors that she was rigging the game.

Regarding Alter Ego coming in well...Junko does intentionally make errors in her plans to give her opponents a chance and feel despair.

Daniel Young
Daniel Young

Only the people involved in the simulation should know about her

Did you forget the part where Junko said she was showcasing the game in danganronpa 2 to the entirety of future foundation members? They all saw how everything played out.

Jose Cook
Jose Cook

Oh. I guess I forgot that.

Kevin Hughes
Kevin Hughes

Are there anymore characters who fall under the insane category like Junko and Nagito and are actually done right? For some reason it's really hard to find entertaining insane people who aren't downright murderers or people who just babble incoherence shit, and don't actually try to make their insanity somehow sound viable.

How did you feel the first time through the final chapter of the first game. I was having a blast because of Junko's personality and how every single plot twist being throw in our faces.

Joshua Young
Joshua Young

Naegi is the real traitor
he transforms into Nagito 2.0 at the end
it is revealed that it was him who tried to have babies with Junko's corpse
All of my yes.

Ryder Cook
Ryder Cook

Junko should be completely dead.

Yeah this is Junko we're talking about, she's going to come back one way or another.

Jordan Roberts
Jordan Roberts

Weedman or a fake Naegi death.

Ethan Long
Ethan Long

If theres one thing this game series does right, its the climaxes. Sure, you can take a step back from 1 and 2 after the fact and think "Ugh, its stupid they made Junko the mastermind/again" but in the moment? That shit was fucking off the rails awesome. Both 1 and 2 had incredible moments during their final chapters IMO.

Nathan Young
Nathan Young

First time going through final chapter of DR1 was nothing but awesome, I felt so many different emotions through-out but the one thing that never went off my mind was how badly Junko had screwed all of them over.

Lucas Hill
Lucas Hill

Inb4 the traitor is Sparkling Justice who's sense of justice was twisted by despair into thinking they have to kill the FF for they intended to take out the remnants.
End is Sparkling Justice vs Genocide Jack.

Julian Wood
Julian Wood

Yeah, I can already see the keikaku incoming considering only Makoto is to be punished when Kirigiri and Byakuya were in as well.

Hudson Powell
Hudson Powell

Makoto clearly tells them at the end of DR2 that he'd take full responsibility, so it's possible that they decided to only punish him.

Jason Richardson
Jason Richardson

First game = HOPE
Second game = FUTURE
Another episode = FRIENDSHIP

So what's this anime going to be?

Evan Gonzalez
Evan Gonzalez

LOVE.
The thing that brings both hope and despair

Tyler Taylor
Tyler Taylor

We all know the answer, we just don't want to admit it

Robert Adams
Robert Adams

Revenge.

Jonathan Diaz
Jonathan Diaz

That's gonna be Zetsubou-hen.

Adam Ward
Adam Ward

So who is dying in who's arms out of Kyoko and Naegi?

Liam Mitchell
Liam Mitchell

Intentionally lying to the viewer/player when you're meant to be inside somebody's head
Did you learn nothing from Heavy Rain?

Noah James
Noah James

They die together, hugging, the last thing both of them see are each others eyes

Josiah Wilson
Josiah Wilson

They're together when the drug kicks in, passing out in each other's arms. Only one of them wakes up.

Jayden Adams
Jayden Adams

Stop that.

David Thompson
David Thompson

No.
They pass out mid confession
Only one wakes up after

Connor Sullivan
Connor Sullivan

You aren't going to survive the series.

Dominic Nelson
Dominic Nelson

Female Bane

Picked up

William Hernandez
William Hernandez

Daisuku Bandai
Rie Kugiyama

Henry Flores
Henry Flores

Are there anymore characters who fall under the insane category like Junko and Nagito and are actually done right?

Kumagawa the only one i can think off.

John Nguyen
John Nguyen

Nagito
Remotely anything resembling hope

That dumbass burned that bridge before the start of DR2 by joining Junko. And when Makoto basically rebuilt the bridge and gave him a chance to cross it in DR2, he burned that thing down, AGAIN with a stunning performance in Chapter 5. And to add to insult, he had the audacity to ask people to call him the ultimate hope and praise him as such.

That guy literally dreams of being what Naegi is, the ultimate hope. He's just a delusional fraud.

Still one of the best characters of the series.

Josiah Gray
Josiah Gray

He probably found the hope Naegi brought after defeating Junko to be inspiriting, as seen in another episode, where he wanted Komaru to follow his footsteps and save Towa city from despair.

In DR2 he had no idea who Naegi was since his memory was reset before the disaster and he was alredy mentally unstable. And to be fair, he wanted to take everyone else aside from the "traitor" along with him because he read their bios on then being monsters who only do horrible things for the sake of hope.

Not to say he's in the right since he does the same but says it's for the hope after overcoming said despair. He's still slightly more sane than Junko. But only slightly.

Chase Wilson
Chase Wilson

Did horrible things for the sake of despair i meant.

Noah Williams
Noah Williams

I'm probably overthinking this, but isn't the whole "for despair" thing still something you do in the hopes for something? Like most of the DR2 cast, was most likely doing the atrocities because they hoped from salvation from that despair, or hoping that they wouldn't feel that way anymore about what was bothering then to the point of needing to do such things.

Hell, if i remenber right, even Junko admits that she's a pretty big hypocrite, because she understands that in a way she does hope, she hopes for despair, or how in DR zero she hoped that somehow deep inside her, Matsuda's plan worked and he got her to change her ways so they could be together.

Charles Nelson
Charles Nelson

All of the ideologies of the series are pretty flimsy if you take them out of the context of the game, but I think they work if you don't think about them too hard.

James Ortiz
James Ortiz

Having yuri adventures with Makoto's imouto.

Sebastian Carter
Sebastian Carter

So do you guys think Makoto being Ultimate Despair will be touched on in the new anime?

Jackson Lee
Jackson Lee

I belive it was alredy stated that it was a glitch. It dosn't even make any sense for it to be true in the first place.

Jackson Long
Jackson Long

Nope, it was pointed out as a glitch and the translator confirmed it. There was even a screenshot of the JP version which showed the very same thing.

Gavin Edwards
Gavin Edwards

I think it was Junko fucking with you.

Gavin Thomas
Gavin Thomas

Nope, it's Naegi's true form.

Easton Lee
Easton Lee

I'm more interested with how the two anime airing simultaniously will fuck with stuff. We already have the Ultimate Imposter posing as Ryouta for some reason, and having both air simultaneously is suspicious since if they really were disconnected from one another there'd be no reason to have them air at the same time, it'd just be too much unnecessary work. I bet by the mid way and finale of each they'll be some pretty crazy parallels and revelations, but only time will tell

Cameron Anderson
Cameron Anderson

in DR zero she hoped that somehow deep inside her, Matsuda's plan worked and he got her to change her ways so they could be together.

You what? No she didn't. In DR 0 all she says in the epilogue is how she hates herself for currently holding more hope than despair, as her tragedy plan was about to take fruition.

Luis Reed
Luis Reed

I belive it's right after she kills him, she mentions that really deep inside her she hoped that his plan had worked.

Jordan Walker
Jordan Walker

Mai Nakahara

She's dead before the first episode ends

Gavin Gray
Gavin Gray

After she kills him she only mentions how important Matsuda is to her and she loved him before kicking his corpse into a bloody mess.

Noah Ramirez
Noah Ramirez

Alright guys I got this. I got myself a challenge for Danganronpa.

If Chisa dies at any point in the anime, I'm gonna drink a litre of rum.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm now gonna go out and buy a litre of rum

Connor Ramirez
Connor Ramirez

they all end up getting trapped inside the place they were meeting by Monokuma

when the fuck will they end this goddamned plot device. I can see Junko having backup backup plans due to her (true) talent. but for fuck's sake she is fucking dead.

Tyler Cook
Tyler Cook

It better just be someone imitating her this time. It's established that she had a cult following bordering on religion, so I can believe that some copy cat would attempt to replicate her actions. But god help me if it's Junko again, then I'm fucking done with this series

Robert Green
Robert Green

When the Ishida transformation happens in the manga, Ishimaru says that Oowada went "inside" of him, and that they have now become one
They weren't being sublte with that, were they

Isaac Rogers
Isaac Rogers

user, it's Monaka.

Luke Morgan
Luke Morgan

This Killer Killer thing is really fucking with my head. Has anyone ever done a spinoff like that?

Colton Allen
Colton Allen

thinking Mitarai is Impostor's true identity
thinking Mitarai is impersonating Impostor
You're such a hopeless retard.

Nicholas Gomez
Nicholas Gomez

Quads don't lie.

Caleb James
Caleb James

Something tells me finding and killing the traitor won't actually save them.
inb4 there's no traitor
inb4 the drug doesn't actually make them fall asleep, but instead makes them kill someone and lose memories of it

Dylan Hughes
Dylan Hughes

Where the hell can I get a synopsis of everything that's happened since DR2?

Brayden Bell
Brayden Bell

I don't think anything happened after dr2 yet. All the spin-offs etc. happen before 1 or betwen 1 and 2.
I'm not sure about Killer Killer though.

Jaxson Bailey
Jaxson Bailey

One of the anime that are airing in summer cover what happens after DR2. It deals with Naegi being punished for his actions in DR2. Otherwise though, we have nothing.

Lucas Stewart
Lucas Stewart

This
I like that they got the same seiyuu

Alexander Sanders
Alexander Sanders

I would place my bets on blue hair girl, or naegi as the traitor.

Luis Clark
Luis Clark

But Naegi has no motive.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page