Why can't Japan into technology? Is there not a single Apple/Samsung store in...

Daniel Bell
Daniel Bell

Still using flip phones
Why can't Japan into technology? Is there not a single Apple/Samsung store in all of nipland? For christ sakes the rest of the world stopped using that shit a decade ago

Cameron Bailey
Cameron Bailey

Questioning Glorious Nippon
Filthy guyjean

Noah Adams
Noah Adams

Haganai is from 2011, and there are plenty of smartphones in anime anyway.

Carter Rodriguez
Carter Rodriguez

Animators don't like drawing people holding smart phones. Maybe its too hard or smartphones are like holding a square to the animators.

Adam Wood
Adam Wood

phones
For what reason?

Juan Howard
Juan Howard

Fuck smartphones. They're big, they don't respond well to your input, and they all look the same.

Josiah Myers
Josiah Myers

Apple

American crap

Samsung

KO-Reeee-ANN

Kevin Ortiz
Kevin Ortiz

Because that series is old, dumbass

Ethan Garcia
Ethan Garcia

implying flip phones can't be smart phones
Japan had different phones from the rest of the world until very recently apple and co ruined their local phone culture.

Anthony Clark
Anthony Clark

Miyazaki hates smartphones because the gesture is like masturbation.

Brayden Stewart
Brayden Stewart

Miyazaki has many shitty opinions and seems like a generally terrible asshole.

Camden Cooper
Camden Cooper

Alright, this ones from R:Z, happy?

Jackson Gonzalez
Jackson Gonzalez

text hovering above the telephone
What's the point of making a hologram flip phone?

Logan Walker
Logan Walker

too hard
I don't think a smart phone is any harder to draw than a flip phone.

Lincoln Robinson
Lincoln Robinson

Again, they are not dumb phones.
Stop being so uneducated.

Caleb Bennett
Caleb Bennett

Because flip phones are cooler.

Brayden Roberts
Brayden Roberts

Flip phones are moe.

Cameron Wood
Cameron Wood

Only retards use smart phones that's for sure.

Parker Watson
Parker Watson

No one cares.

Anthony Nguyen
Anthony Nguyen

Then what is this thread about?

Daniel Phillips
Daniel Phillips

It's all about the age of the source material, genius.
And anyway, the manga gave subaru a newer phone

Charles Long
Charles Long

They don't like having screens scratched and smartphones are simply too big.

Nathan Baker
Nathan Baker

You faggot

Christopher Cook
Christopher Cook

they're like me and like to pretend they're using a TOS star trek communicator

Ryder Lewis
Ryder Lewis

Daily reminder that a nokia phone bunker will save us all from the impending apocalypse.

Logan Campbell
Logan Campbell

That's backwards trend. There was a time when iPhone and Samsung was trendy. Nowadays it goes back to flipphones.

Adrian Carter
Adrian Carter

There flip phones that are more powerful than samsung / apple especially at cost:price ratio is probably why.

Xavier Collins
Xavier Collins

i kinda want a flip phone or any oldschool phone with buttons just because i prefer a greater tactile sensation when typing stuff. the only downside would be browsing the internet without touchscreen which is pretty huge per se so idk

Lincoln Long
Lincoln Long

Implying you can't have both physical button and touch screen.
Sadly most manufacture today prefer to not doing something out of the standard too keep cost.
Blackberry still can get them right, too bad their OS is deprecated.

Zachary Peterson
Zachary Peterson

Underrated post

Brody Robinson
Brody Robinson

Why do they have phones if they have no friends?

Logan Jones
Logan Jones

They have a more distinctive and recognizable silhouette. Anime and manga are visual mediums where this is beneficial.

Dominic Martin
Dominic Martin

Their flip phones are smart phones, but these days the usual rectangular design is more popular in Japan already.

Brandon Flores
Brandon Flores

Animation has rupes about drawing what people associate with a concept whenever possible. For example, for a long time after flatscreen was normal, people would still think of the bulky crt screens in their minds when they heard the word tv, so animators animated that, I don't remember the justification for this logic, I just remember it's a thing.

Leo Garcia
Leo Garcia

In Japan these days, you're a creepy weirdo if you don't have an iPhone.

Landon Butler
Landon Butler

iPhones are super popular in Japan now and have been for a few years, they will probably creep their way into all the artwork soon enough

Robert Miller
Robert Miller

What if you're a creepy weirdo with an iPhone?

Easton Mitchell
Easton Mitchell

Came here to say this.

OP, those flip phones ARE smartphones. Japan is where everyone basically lives on their phone, of course they have the latest phone technology. Just because it doesn't look like your iPhone doesn't mean it's not a smartphone. They were prevalent in Japan years before they exploded in the west.

Jace Hernandez
Jace Hernandez

fuck off

Gabriel Davis
Gabriel Davis

ITT: No keitai posting
Im impressed /a/nons, this seemed like the kind of thread to get the constant cell posters bringing their shitty memes.

Ryder Barnes
Ryder Barnes

Because it aired years ago and it's based off an LN from even further back as is the case with alot of Anime. Some studios choose to update it though.

Anyway the reason people still use flip phones is because; they like normal sized buttons and hate smudging screens (Also alot of people can't get touch screens to work reliably (something about their bodies constitution)), longer battery life, they don't need the stupid shit smart phones include they just want to make calls, google something now and again as well as use google maps in an emergency, also less bulky and more durable (You can drop them with it becoming unusable).

Andrew Williams
Andrew Williams

You ruined it.

Robert Powell
Robert Powell

tfw the only anime phone cases are for jewphones

Aiden Evans
Aiden Evans

The flip phones keyboard is more convenient for typing japanese characters fast. See : left.

Whereas the rest of the world can have the entire keyboard on the screen, that's not really possible for japanese alphabets. So for them it's the same layout as on flipphones except now you can mistakenly press another key because they're not real buttons and are close to each other.

Levi Gutierrez
Levi Gutierrez

implying anyone uses that crappy keyboard if it wasn't for it's one handed advantiges...

All Japanese I've met so far use this type of keyboard.

Isaac Gomez
Isaac Gomez

All Japanese I've met so far use this type of keyboard.

You need s wider sample to form a trend.

Gabriel Thompson
Gabriel Thompson

About 90 samples are not perfect but should show a trend.

Nicholas Murphy
Nicholas Murphy

n=90 for a population of 127 million people

Evan Turner
Evan Turner

Keitai finds a way!

Ian Peterson
Ian Peterson

Show me your thousands of samples first, smartass.

Jackson Edwards
Jackson Edwards

You were the one who pulled out anecdotal evidence, bub.

Nicholas Long
Nicholas Long

American

*chinese

Grayson Lee
Grayson Lee

I find actual keys to be easier to use in english too. And you wouldn't have those big ass screens filling your pocket just because the virtual keyboard needs more space to actually work

Benjamin Young
Benjamin Young

SENA THE BEST

Charles Taylor
Charles Taylor

That's really unusual. Usually Japan is resistant to foreign markets. They froze the Western world out of their automobile market.

Sebastian Nguyen
Sebastian Nguyen

Murican car a shit

Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

Nah they're pretty good. I'd drive a Ford if I were in the market for a new car.

Jason Evans
Jason Evans

That's because only Germany and Japan have ever made good cars.

Xavier Jones
Xavier Jones

sony's full screen keyboard
I fucking hated it, it replaces the field you were typing in for a blank screen because the damn keyboard is just so fucking bit it takes 60% of the screen

Juan Sanchez
Juan Sanchez

Germany has no market in Japan either.

And Ford + GM command a sizable market share in Europe.

It has nothing to do with quality. The Japanese government shields their market from foreign competition.

Ethan Sanders
Ethan Sanders

Because they have displacement taxing, anything above 2.0L of displacement gets the gas-guzzler tax, and most decent western cars are far above the 2.0L since muricans still believe there is no replacement for displacement so their cars are usually over 2.0, most popular cars in murica are over 3.0L in displacement
Meanwhile in Yurope, anything below the 2.0L is a tiny comute car for yuropoors, cars that japan does way better than Yurope

Also, japan goes easier on taxes if you drive a K car, so 0.6L cars, that no one but them make (Damlier used to make a 0.6L Smart Car for japan, but because it was so expensive, no one bought it)

Eli Morgan
Eli Morgan

no market in japan
full of mid size Benz and BMWs because they think its what rich people should drive

Asher Anderson
Asher Anderson

It's kinda expensive I think but I still got a smart phone here

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page