If you went to Japan would you spend most of your time in Akihabara and doing...

Ethan Sanders
Ethan Sanders

If you went to Japan would you spend most of your time in Akihabara and doing other anime/manga related things?

Aaron Hughes
Aaron Hughes

about half the time

Daniel Nelson
Daniel Nelson

Been there, and no. I spent one day in Akiba and the rest of the time sightseeing.

Also not anime.

Michael Wright
Michael Wright

I'd go once to Akihabara just to see but fuck spending most of my time there.

I'd prefer to just explore other stuff on my own. Like Scarlett Johansson in Lost in Translation.

Joseph Young
Joseph Young

I'm moving to Japan in July for the JET Program and highly doubt I'll spend more than an afternoon in Akiba while I'm in Tokyo for the first few days.

Zachary Perry
Zachary Perry

/jp/

Asher Evans
Asher Evans

When people who like anime say they "want to travel to Japan," they really mean they "want to travel to Akihabara."

Christopher Nelson
Christopher Nelson

Why the fuck would I go to japan when I can't even step outside

Gavin Phillips
Gavin Phillips

b-b-b-b-because muh anime world in real life

Ian Anderson
Ian Anderson

I'd go straight to Aokigahara desu senpai

Justin Lewis
Justin Lewis

I'm going very soon for two weeks, only spending about half a day total doing anime related stuff.

Jonathan Campbell
Jonathan Campbell

Japan is 3D pig disgusting like the rest of the countries

Joseph Richardson
Joseph Richardson

I've been a few times, I usually go to multiple cities and spend half a day on tourist attractions then half a day on shopping. Last time I saved a day for Akihabara, but it doesn't need any more time than that.

Ryan Torres
Ryan Torres

No, I really doubt I'd be anywhere near Tokyo. That said, as it's the financial centre, I'd probably end up commuting in and living in whatever the nicest semi-rural suburb is.

Similarly I probably won't do anime/manga related things. I like Sup Forums more than animu and mango now.

Aaron Cruz
Aaron Cruz

Well I'm heading solo to Japan in about a week. I have only one day planned for Akihabara. Don't plan to buy much, unless something really unique sticks out to me

Evan Cook
Evan Cook

No way. Japan is ducking gorgeous. Nara park, large Buddhas, monkey islands, kyotos wonderment and amazing food....I'm going back.

Ryan Hughes
Ryan Hughes

I would also try to catch some bugs.

Nathan Richardson
Nathan Richardson

I've been a couple of times. Akihabara is nice but you're doing yourself a disservice if you spend most of your trip there. Weeb out once to get it out of your system then explore the rest of the city. Hell, get outside of Tokyo if you have the time for it.

Logan Jones
Logan Jones

ducking
/out/

Joshua Lewis
Joshua Lewis

I would like to swim in ´´that pool´´.

Kayden Bell
Kayden Bell

Nope. I would vanish into the countryside for several months retracing Bashou's steps.

Isaac Long
Isaac Long

When I went, I spent a full day there, then went back on Sunday for a few hours just to see the pedestrian area and all the itasha. It's best to have some flexibility in your travel plans for just such an occasion.

If you're looking to buy figures, you're better off just buying them online. It'll be cheaper, and it seems like a lot of stores won't ship purchases overseas. Things like cels, art books, and assorted smaller merchandise you can take back on your own are what you should be looking for.

Jeremiah Price
Jeremiah Price

Akihabara is over-rated. Not to mention half the area is electronics and not weaboo shit, so you'll be disappointed pretty fast.

If you go to a Japan, visit hotspring locations and try and perv out with them. Much better use of your time.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page