Build Fighters Try OVA confirmed for August

Jaxon Johnson
Jaxon Johnson

Build Fighters Try OVA confirmed for August. No word on the OVA for the first season. New gunpla spoilers for it include "Gyan-celot", "ZZII", and "PandaGGuy".

Nathan Wilson
Nathan Wilson

Will we get season 3?

Sebastian Stewart
Sebastian Stewart

Give me more of her and I'm happy

Lincoln Thompson
Lincoln Thompson

ZZII
Should I be happy or scared? I like the ZII but still.

Samuel Martinez
Samuel Martinez

Im crossing my fingers. ZZ is my favorite gundam and Tryon 3 was a cool take on the design. I just hope it doesnt ruin the OG design like Lightning Zeta did to Zeta. (Whats even the point of a Zeta variant that cant transform?)

Charles Diaz
Charles Diaz

No word on the OVA for the first season

that makes me sad.

Kevin Moore
Kevin Moore

Zeta variant that cant transform
It's based on the Re-Gz from CCA. It's one of the MANY attempts to make a mass production Zeta. More or less, its transformation system was wacky & had a hard time transforming back into a Waverider.

Evan Anderson
Evan Anderson

Honestly it just looks like a ZII that got the Naoki treatment. It has sharper/remorked detail compared to the zII hg but unless it has some hidden gimmick I'm not seeing any major changes.

Chase Morgan
Chase Morgan

Scratch the wacky transforming part. I was thinking of SDGO where one of the Re-GZ variants couldn't transform back. It was because the thing was too expensive & they decided to try the ReZELs in Unicorn.

Christian Murphy
Christian Murphy

Try was bad
Love this meme.

Ian Young
Ian Young

It wasn't S1 but it wasn't Destiny either.

Hudson Sanchez
Hudson Sanchez

She is apparently possibly getting a character bust model.

Aaron Smith
Aaron Smith

tfw you will never see a 1/1 Super Fumina

Anthony Ortiz
Anthony Ortiz

No one in the thread has said that though.

Michael Diaz
Michael Diaz

There is a 1/1 super fumina though. Its the creepy looking hg kit. Super Fumina is a model kit, not a person.

Thomas Stewart
Thomas Stewart

It is an /m/ meme.

Jackson Rogers
Jackson Rogers

I mean a Super Fumina the size of the original. Not even Minato's Fumina wet dreams can make such a thing.

Hudson Brown
Hudson Brown

Also the Akihiro one is hilarious.

Jaxson Bennett
Jaxson Bennett

I wonder, if you can swap this head with Super Fumina's creepy one.

Jeremiah Barnes
Jeremiah Barnes

After Seeing Bandai's job on the hg I think a life sized one would give me nightmares.

Logan Watson
Logan Watson

I wonder if this is why Fumina was so horrified by Minato's work.

Nathaniel Martin
Nathaniel Martin

It's like 4 times the size of the hg head so I doubt it.

Jose Rivera
Jose Rivera

I have no idea why bandai gave it the sunken in eyes with clear lenses or the wierdly protruding chin and lips. None of that is present on the lineart. They also made the neck string clear green for some reason.

Austin Young
Austin Young

And here's what the model looks like with the clear parts removed, eyes brought forward, and a file and sand paper taken to the face to smooth it out.

Colton King
Colton King

CHICKEN HOW ARE YOU

still no sei, aila
would be amusing

Chase Harris
Chase Harris

will they come back with upgraded mooks?

Gavin Harris
Gavin Harris

When did either of them use mooks outside of that one battle with a Jegan?

Samuel Lee
Samuel Lee

OVA
new season when

Levi Baker
Levi Baker

When Sunrise doesn't have 4 gundam projects being promoted at once.

Grayson Carter
Grayson Carter

but they're stuck in a place with mooks

Lucas Hill
Lucas Hill

compared to S1 it was terrible.

Blake Kelly
Blake Kelly

The Gyancelot is fucking amazing.
It was unbelievably awful.

Ethan Green
Ethan Green

Sei isn't. It's Reiji that is.

And they're called "Mocks".

Mason Barnes
Mason Barnes

Mocks
anon said mooks previously

Daniel Price
Daniel Price

try > s1
only autists hype s1

Austin Wilson
Austin Wilson

Well meme'd.

Thomas Sullivan
Thomas Sullivan

I legitimately don't understand how you could've watched Try and thought it's anything but fucking terrible save for the episodes preceding the EZ-SR fight, Simon the Snapfag, Junya the Edgelord, the last episode and every scene that featured Minato.

Jaxon Powell
Jaxon Powell

it's okay to have bad taste m8

Owen Phillips
Owen Phillips

anon thinks it's terrible
Much like over half the newfags on /m/. How many shows have you watched? Even its season had much worse.

Brody Sanders
Brody Sanders

are you going to explain what made try so good or just spout buzzwords?

Hudson Wood
Hudson Wood

Even its season had much worse.
Only A.Z S2 was worse than Try. I suppose Yoru no Yatterman was just as bad.
The reason Try was so awful is because S1 was superb.

Brandon Morales
Brandon Morales

It a very meh, it played the Shonen Fighting Toys marketing straight instead of making fun of it like in the first season.

Jacob Lopez
Jacob Lopez

Try was worse than the first one, but I love it for introducing one of my favorite current Gundam faps since S1 Wang Liu Mei.

Dylan Price
Dylan Price

Read further up the chain. He said mook but based on he meant pic related, which is a mock.

No idea why the one guy posted the Renato brothers using a gm in reply to a post about Sei and Aila.

Jaxson Ramirez
Jaxson Ramirez

I sometimes have to wonder if Bandai not being able to do Musume anything correctly will be a constant

It is definitely a mix of "typical shounen battle anime that uses its cliche hilariously badly" and "BAWWW STOP TRYING TO SELL TO FILTHY CASUALS AND KIDS AND MAKE WE (the we being /m/) LIKE"

Making fun of it
The Gunpla Mafia and Gunpla Police are actually a thing and it wasn't done tongue in cheek

Alexander Davis
Alexander Davis

And of course I forget the pic.

Xavier Roberts
Xavier Roberts

Are you going to explain why other than "it's bad because it's bad"? You write like the autists on /v/. It's a continuation of S1 with various shout outs to S1 & other Gundam shows. The MC entirely is something I'd expect from G-Gundam. The particle system is different but expected seeing as S1's biggest particle fetishist is running the system. There's some decent designs like the Amazing Red Warrior, etc.

Sebastian Johnson
Sebastian Johnson

There are already short anime and extra scene on the BD for the first season. Season 2 BD doesn't have anything like that.

Xavier Cooper
Xavier Cooper

A "mook" is usually a way of saying "grunt". Usually, it'd refer to the standard issue machines i.e. Zaku II instead of any ace custom i.e. RX-78. Even "elite mooks" or specialized ones like the GM Sniper count as mooks.

Henry Fisher
Henry Fisher

Is this some new meme I've missed? Like denying IBO is bad?

Leo Morgan
Leo Morgan

Bandai has a really hit or miss track record with human figures in general. Both their model divisions kits and their figure division collector figures. They do great work on non human things though. Like robots and monsters and karate bug men.

John Ortiz
John Ortiz

I know the Lightning is based on the Re-Gz. Im actually fine with that design. I was referring to pic related.

Juan Sullivan
Juan Sullivan

I'm aware, which is why I asked when either of those two ever used a mook outside of the Jegan.

When he said that they're stuck in a place with only "mooks" he clearly means Arian, where at the end of the series he returns to and the only gunpla are "mock", which led me to believe he was getting the name messed up since its only off by one letter.

Elijah Campbell
Elijah Campbell

cant transform
can just shoot a shitty phoenix like sekai

that pissed me off so much.

Ian Ward
Ian Ward

Oh great, I didn't even manage to finish the show itself.

Dominic Hill
Dominic Hill

Lightning zeta doesn't transform because it is literally just an official 1/144 kit of Naoki's custom built mg Zeta evolve which he ommited the transformation on in real life.

Landon Rodriguez
Landon Rodriguez

That was actually based on the designer's (Naoki) modified MG Zeta 2.0 from ages ago, so I guess he made the Lightning Zeta even more pointy

Brody Hall
Brody Hall

imagine a background

Jaxson Cruz
Jaxson Cruz

The main characters are all 1-dimensional and forgettable, even Ral got hit with this. G-Gundam had that. None of the fights ever felt tense because you could see what was coming from a mile off. None of the background cast aside from the main opposing school had any development at all and were either there to job for sekai's team or job for the 00-fags.

The best episodes in the season were the ones that, coincidentally, didn't focus on the main characters; the SD dragon, the crossbone full-cloth and the Tryon 3 episodes being good examples of this.

Destiny had some pretty cool designs too, that didn't stop it from being a shit show.

Brody Murphy
Brody Murphy

*G-Gundam didn't have that

Gabriel Wilson
Gabriel Wilson

not elaborating
None of the fights ever felt tense because you could see what was coming from a mile off
you could see what was coming from a mile off
I was on /m/ during S1's airing, the only results people didn't immediately predict correctly were the Renaldos beating Luang.
job for sekai's team or job for the 00-fags
Carlos Kaiser feels the same about himself regarding Aila, Greco for Niels, etc.

Zachary Lee
Zachary Lee

Try ended over a year ago
finally getting news on the OVA

After the original announcement, I didn't think it would take this long. Not knowing anything about the original GBF OVA is disappointing though. Is Sei going to show up and slap Sekai around?

Elijah Evans
Elijah Evans

Sunrise was busy this year with Origin, IBO, and Thunderbolt. I think the directors were busy with other projects as well.

Bentley Peterson
Bentley Peterson

/m/ predicted it perfectly
that means it wasn't tense!

The predictions for how Try would plan were always spot-on with the first post. What's your point?

Carlos Kaiser feels the same about himself regarding Aila, Greco for Niels, etc.

And yet Aila's and Niels' battles were handled very early on and much better, before the show spent an entire fucking season building up an antagonist, unlike with Lucas or Minato. To be completely honest, Lucas and Minato are closer to what Aila and Niels were than any other cast members in Try.

Sebastian Price
Sebastian Price

As long as we eventually get the original GBF OVA, that's fine. Surely IBO S2, Love Live! Sunshine and whatever else won't stall it too much longer.

Joseph Brooks
Joseph Brooks

I've been meaning to get this resin kit

Evan White
Evan White

Resin

Unless someone actually made a resin kit of it, you better off start learning how to mod your Gunpla or find that particular back issue of Dengeki Hobby Magazine

Hunter Bailey
Hunter Bailey

anon can't do reading comprehension
anon bitching about how predictable things were
S1 was just as predictable

much better
they just are
ignoring how everyone was built up so they can lose to Sei
ignoring Aila ripping of helmet & losing thanks to muh particles
ignoring Dark Matter Exia's advantages & how President's control screwed Yuki

Anthony Baker
Anthony Baker

The ms girl line doesn't seem that bad, although I don't own one.

Carson Turner
Carson Turner

entire post in greentext
S1 was just as bad as S2 in my view therefore S2 was good!

ignoring how everyone jobbed for Sekai even more blatantly than they did for Reiji and Sei in S1
ignoring crouching tiger howling chicken
ignoring muh godmode 00 kits that are perfect but only until Sekai and Fumina beat them

I know you hate S1 but at least try to formulate a better argument that proves S2 is better

Brody Miller
Brody Miller

It was pretty sub-par, fampai

Everything went to shit when they introduced the final bosses. Like totally cliched, unlikable group of 3 douches. Even the imouto is shit.

S1 was love
Try was a soulless cash-grab. I blame the executives meddling

Xavier James
Xavier James

Ral

Is the original VA ded?

Aaron Moore
Aaron Moore

I don't think so, the problem was that Try had far shittier writing and Ral was less present in the storyline, so he ended up being completely outshone by his S1 version.

Nathaniel Watson
Nathaniel Watson

Long-term hospitalization

Justin Gomez
Justin Gomez

S1 just as bad
implying point wasn't that S1 made similar shit yet newfag user isn't bitching about S1

more blatantly
it just is
anon doesn't know /gbf/ general on /m/ & how we complained

anon doesn't remember S1 muh miracle magic particles
implying that wasn't the same for muh particles, muh Qubeley Papillon Embody system only losing because of emotions
implying this isn't also alike Newtype, Innovator & other magic snowflake powers in other gundam
Fuck those plot powers. I miss Yazan.

Eli Rodriguez
Eli Rodriguez

Manlet Reiji was pretty awesome on the first episode

What went wrong?

Zachary Powell
Zachary Powell

Didn't grow much as a character.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page