Has there ever been an anime character that used fire powers in an actually...

Robert Powell
Robert Powell

Has there ever been an anime character that used fire powers in an actually interesting way? Phoenix "flames of reincarnation" type shit doesn't count.

It seems like flames are the most basic, boring element. You really can't do anything creative or innovative with them.

Wyatt Ross
Wyatt Ross

Needless has Aruca/Aruka.

Although I guess vibrating molecules isn't exactly fire based.

Robert Perry
Robert Perry

Screw creativity. All one needs is the path of EXPLOSIONS.

Ryan Powell
Ryan Powell

You just haven't watched anything that does so

Juan Roberts
Juan Roberts

Give an example then

Owen Lewis
Owen Lewis

You need more Megumin in your life.

Austin Gomez
Austin Gomez

making explosions
a creative use of fire powers
I knew Meguminfags were retarded, but thanks for reinforcing that.

Joseph Campbell
Joseph Campbell

Explosions are neither creative or even fire.

Nathaniel Rogers
Nathaniel Rogers

SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH

Liam Jones
Liam Jones

explosions arent fire

Are you fucking serious faggot.

Cooper Cruz
Cooper Cruz

Explosions are neither creative or even fire.
neither creative
or even fire

DRAGON SLAV is fire and awesome.

Angel Reyes
Angel Reyes

Are you both wrong and angry faggot?

Isaac James
Isaac James

Explosions always being fiery is a hollywood myth. It's just a large expansion of kinetic energy.

If you think I'm wrong then explain torpedoes and depth charges.

Carter Price
Carter Price

You gotta be trolling.

Blake Watson
Blake Watson

Fire is hard to control and increased ability at fire magic usually means more fire or hotter fire. It's not like water magic or nature magic where you can do a whole lot of different stuff with it.

Anthony Lee
Anthony Lee

Explosions aren't fucking fire you retard. Certain types of explosions CAN be firey, but in the end it's a burst of kinetic energy.

Jason Rogers
Jason Rogers

Trolling because I understand that an explosion is in no way related to fire?

Christopher Sanders
Christopher Sanders

Flame of Recca.

Jaxson Myers
Jaxson Myers

Certain types of explosions CAN be firey

you mean like megumins explosions, you autist?

Tyler Turner
Tyler Turner

motherfucker creates a "life-detector" flame to alert him if theres anybody nearby. This would've been cool if he invented earlier in the series, but no it was near the end it's purpose was to get jobbed hard.

Landon Williams
Landon Williams

FMA:B, Mustangs alchemy concept makes his fire interesting. Although he doesn't do anything particularly unique with them.

Aaron Flores
Aaron Flores

But aren't all you retards because in Megumin's case, it's a fire based explosion, with the ignited cloud, incinerated ground, and everything?

Charles Murphy
Charles Murphy

You thought all explosions were fiery, got a bunch of people correcting you and calling you stupid, and now you're pretending you were only talking about Megumin the whole time as damage control. Everybody can see this and the sooner you just give up the better.

Camden Hill
Camden Hill

Isn't explosion magic considered seperate from fire magic in Kono Suba anyway? Also, regardless of whether those explosions in particular are fire, the retard was claiming all explosions are, and to begin with, explosions aren't a creative use of powers to begin with.

Nathaniel Barnes
Nathaniel Barnes

You thought
You're the only one doing damage control, I'm not even him.

Carter Jenkins
Carter Jenkins

interesting way
Does turning your body into fire counts?
FLAME ON

Juan Sanders
Juan Sanders

Alchemy from FMA is more like "non-magic" like bending in Avatar or the force in SW. It goes too far out of it's way to be established as not magic.

With that said Mustangs just condensing air, hurling it at people, and setting it on fire

Ian Parker
Ian Parker

Not OP, but I enjoy that type of thing if it's done with realistic drawbacks and everything, i.e, Negi's lightning form from Mahou Sensei Negima.

Brayden Flores
Brayden Flores

Nobody is falling for it.

Liam Butler
Liam Butler

heat rises
fire is hot
when are fire magicians going to learn to fly like they rightfully should

Jackson Scott
Jackson Scott

That's why I think it's more interesting in concept rather than usage. Would have been nice to see him use the manipulation in a different way.

Xavier Kelly
Xavier Kelly

BUT YOU PHOTOSHOPPED THAT!

Carson Sanchez
Carson Sanchez

desert heat causes mirages
no illusion based fire users
Also, now that I think about it, I think I remember a character from Bionicle novels from when I was a kid using the whole "heat rises" thing, though not to fly.

Sebastian Lopez
Sebastian Lopez

if I accuse myself first nobody else can do it

Cunning, shopmeister.

Xavier Watson
Xavier Watson

But that doesn't even prove you're not the original guy who thought all explosions were fiery. What the hell is wrong with your brain?

Grayson Ortiz
Grayson Ortiz

Well heat doesn't rise. Less dense particle rise. So the user would still need someway to support them self on said particles.

Ryder Harris
Ryder Harris

You really can't do anything creative or innovative with them.
Mustang "casting" them was interesting enough. Overall it depends on the writing.

Adrian Turner
Adrian Turner

This, skip all the fireworks / fire dancing display, go straight to the artillery category.

Austin Myers
Austin Myers

What's refreshing about Mustang's alchemy is how powerful it is. It completely overwhelmed everything apart from the big bad. A nice change from the usual case in which flame powers don't seem to be able to cause anything more than first degree burns.

Luis Scott
Luis Scott

Fire has very few practical applications because it has no solid mass so it can't really be used to move around other things the way air water or earth can. And it just burns and destroys most things you touch with it which limits that even more.

Connor Fisher
Connor Fisher

I've seen characters fly by propelling themselves with fire like jet engines if that counts.

Easton Johnson
Easton Johnson

Ace's powers were nice done, and of course then he died.

Thomas Cruz
Thomas Cruz

The applications for fire are pretty limited, it's not like it can go through a state change like water/ice or rock/mud(earth). Even walls of fire are basically just incineration not inertia stoppers.

You can make it so that the fire is the byproduct of a complex process ala Mustang but that is pretty much it.

Nicholas Butler
Nicholas Butler

can turn his blood into flames
can reverse this and turn flames into blood
OP learn to watch good anime.

Aiden Jackson
Aiden Jackson

Well, considering what it is, your options are pretty limited. Generally, the neater stuff relating to heat or the production of fire with powers comes from it being more complicated than just having the ability to spawn flame alone.

Chase Reed
Chase Reed

Feitan's pain packer/rising sun is pretty great

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page