Poor Lad

Owen Nguyen
Owen Nguyen

What would your reaction be when the opponent you launched into outer space somehow jumps from another celestial body back to where you are?

Pic related.

All urls found in this thread:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standby_power
Aiden Rivera
Aiden Rivera

Gee, I sure wish this guy would die already

Jackson Price
Jackson Price

The guy spent years searching for someone to fight seriously against. He managed to find someone that's even stronger than him so he shouldnt complain.

Benjamin Walker
Benjamin Walker

If he adjusted the aim of his attack even slightly he would have launched Saitama past the moon. There would be no coming back from that. His poor aiming is the reason he died. Should have evolved a second eye for accuracy.

Liam Hernandez
Liam Hernandez

All Saitama had to do was thrown something in the opposite direction of the Earth.

Colton Ortiz
Colton Ortiz

something like the vacuum of space? Like his shoe? or a nose-hair?

Oliver Robinson
Oliver Robinson

Do you people seriously don't know basic physics?

Newton's third law

Ayden Sullivan
Ayden Sullivan

that guy didn't.

Owen Kelly
Owen Kelly

Recently I had to explain to someone that turning an electrical socket off and unplugging the toaster from it doesn't save you any money compared to just not leaving the toaster running.

No, the average person has no understanding of how the world around them functions.

Jacob Hughes
Jacob Hughes

One Joke Meme
Namefagging
lad

>>>/reddit/
>>>/facebook/

Isaiah Diaz
Isaiah Diaz

He had nothing to help him.

Camden Ramirez
Camden Ramirez

Isn't standby power a thing, though? Genuinely curious (even if it is somewhat negligible).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standby_power

Mason Ross
Mason Ross

Only with certain electronics.

Blake Harris
Blake Harris

Boros could do it too.

Brayden Watson
Brayden Watson

It's relevant for some devices but I was talking about a toaster.

I literally had to explain why creating two extra breaks in a circuit that already has a break in it while the toaster is turned off does not save electricity.

I don't understand how these people make it through each day without accidentally killing themselves.

Jaxon Davis
Jaxon Davis

I don't understand how these people make it through each day without accidentally killing themselves
That's the world we live in.

Anyway, what are the other everyday exceptions?
What's going to draw power as far as I know is stuff with power supplies, that section in the circuitry that consists of large capacitors, voltage regulators, diodes, and what have you, and is likely to have those triple-prong sockets/connectors, or stuff that plugs into wallwart PSUs.

Asher Bell
Asher Bell

Recently I had to explain to someone that turning an electrical socket off and unplugging the toaster from it doesn't save you any money compared to just not leaving the toaster running.
What?

Joshua Wood
Joshua Wood

Lamps and fans, too, I think? They don't draw if off, and I can't remember the rest right now.

Jackson Mitchell
Jackson Mitchell

So imagine you have a toaster. One with no fancy features, you just push it down, it toasts for a while, then pops up again.

It doesn't do anything other than toast bread, there is no complete circuit unless it is toasting so it doesn't use any power.

So I had someone who thought the toaster would use power anyway. They wanted to turn off the socket the toaster was connected to and unplug the toaster to save money on electricity.

Bentley Hughes
Bentley Hughes

How does unplugging it uses more electricity then?

Jacob Jones
Jacob Jones

If he adjusted the aim of his attack even slightly he would have launched Saitama past the moon. There would be no coming back from that.

What would actually happen
Boros launches Saitama into space
Saitama sizes up his surroundings
takes glove off
through it really hard opposite of the direction the earth is in
Saitama propels himself back and lands on Boros's ship in the same way as actual show
cut to distant alien planet one million years in the future
God Level threat is destroying alien planet's S class heroes
last one falls
there is no hope
red glove in the shape of a fist shoots in from space and kills God Level threat in one punch
cut back to Saitama vs. Boros and proceed as usual

It's like we weren't even watching the same show

Julian Bell
Julian Bell

Lots of devices use electricity even when turned off. Your friend was just being careful. Even if it's wrong, I don't see why you have to get all butmad about it.

If he's right he's saving power, if your right he only wasted a few seconds every day. All things considered I think you're the one who needs to re-evaluate his life.

Jonathan Davis
Jonathan Davis

So kore wa is your honmono chikara... Omishiroi!

Ryan Ortiz
Ryan Ortiz

It doesn't, when the toaster is off it's irrelevant what you do with the plug or the socket because the circuit is already broken.

I'm mad because I have to plug the toaster in every time I want to use it, meanwhile there are five working clocks in the same room as well as various other devices that actually do use power all the time, which are left running all the time.

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson

10/10

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page