First episode bait-and-switch ever worked on you?

Levi Adams
Levi Adams

First episode bait-and-switch ever worked on you?

All urls found in this thread:
https://seaoffragments.wordpress.com/2016/04/05/trianthology-official-site-updated/
Jose Fisher
Jose Fisher

There was this anime with great colors about a pink haired girl and his aventures with a bunch of happy elves and a quiet sibling(?). I got into it and the first episode was quite different from the rest of the series (where the first episode was something like a generic SoL and the rest seems more like something out of the twilight zone).

Josiah Murphy
Josiah Murphy

Gakkou Gurashi. They told me to watch it without saying anything else.

Anthony Stewart
Anthony Stewart

Watch it again it's one of the few shows that most of Sup Forums agrees isn't shit. Also everyone is a fairy deluding themselves they are not fairies except for the shota.

Brody Parker
Brody Parker

Jinrui ga suitaishimashita?

Nathaniel Bell
Nathaniel Bell

feeling the need of a board approval to not feel bad about liking something
yes, thank u m8.
Came for the colors, stayed for the everything.

Thomas Roberts
Thomas Roberts

Gai:rei Zero

Colton Jackson
Colton Jackson

Evangelion. First episode made it seem like it would be a fantastic show.

Cameron Evans
Cameron Evans

I'm just saying it doesn't happen very often so when it does happen there's something to it.

Cameron Sullivan
Cameron Sullivan

ga
Commit sudoku.

Jackson Gutierrez
Jackson Gutierrez

The first episode wasn't an SoL at all though, if I'm remembering right. She goes on a journey through a surreal factory after a couple of introductory antics.

Lincoln Foster
Lincoln Foster

This.

Camden Jackson
Camden Jackson

Sup Forums is not one person, and you probably wont see the same opinions in every thread (unless is a general or something like that). Stop worring or giving it more relevance than it has, or you'll never enjoy something without the approval of someone else.

Besides, the can't be much discussion if everyone shares the same opinion. It just gets old.

Lincoln Perry
Lincoln Perry

I never actually someone shits on Jinrui ever.

Lincoln Mitchell
Lincoln Mitchell

If my memory isn't failing, that's the second episode. I think the first end with her after talking to the elve.

Jacob Howard
Jacob Howard

see*

Brandon Miller
Brandon Miller

The most facinating thing is how it tells the story is reverse chronological order.

Kayden Davis
Kayden Davis

Madoka - the twist could be seen from a mile away, so it didnt work

SAO on the other hand - did a great job baiting me with all the potential of becoming a great psycological thriller, exploration of establishing a working society, lots of potential character development through the fear of the permadeath, learning from the mistakes, loss of a loved one/companions/sacrifise for the betterment of a group, small scale civil wars/PK/bandits.

And then all i got was a

Badly written, plot hole infested, powerfantasy harem, with no real drama/suspense, dull and retarded characters, joke of a romance.

Log horison was also a dissapointment, but atleast it tried fullfiling my expectations.

Isaiah Torres
Isaiah Torres

Sunday without god pulled a really nice bait and switch - from ep 1 i expected some sort of a shounen drama with a cute girl as an MC going places putting undead to rest, grabbing people to the team on the way.

Jaxon Peterson
Jaxon Peterson

Shinsekai yori pulled bait-n-switch every time MCs memory got erased.

Kevin Brown
Kevin Brown

madoka. madoka got me fucking HARD

Aiden Wood
Aiden Wood

SAO
Fucking this. So much potential to explore how societies emerge, could have had some great teamwork oriented action. But no, throw all that shit out the window.

Lucas Fisher
Lucas Fisher

Saekano, but that was the whole catch of the anime - misleading expectations and meta comentary with exploration of common anime tropes.

Mason Gonzalez
Mason Gonzalez

Gargantia will never be as good as its first episode

Ryder Powell
Ryder Powell

I was got just this season by Big Order,

Episode 1: Superpowered action
Episode 3: Girl impregnated through rabbit ears

Gavin Miller
Gavin Miller

Kuma Miko

first episode suggests she's gonna go to high school in the city
the next 5 are all slow gags and child abuse
Can't say I don't like it, but I feel like there's more potential here.

Isaac Wright
Isaac Wright

Big order is just on another level of multitrack drifting trainwreck.

has a sister who's smile needs protection
not blod related, fucks her
broken reality warping powers (suddenly overpowered by even more broken powers)
dence, but also not(?) MC
All hail our new king, we submit to you (but not really)(all according to keikaku)
I have seen through your plans! I will make you submit! (That is still a part of keikaku)
Throw nukes at mc
Oh no we are ded (haha no, all going according to keikaku)
Unbeatable foe emerges
Mc near death, foe's broken powers are suddenly broken - (STILL ALL ACCORDING TO KEIKAKU)
LUKE I AM YOUR FATHER

I wouldnt be supprised if mc travels back in time to screw his own mother at this point.

Thomas Smith
Thomas Smith

Oregairu. - more of the misleading tile/premise but whatever.

Bentley Davis
Bentley Davis

first episode was great and really lead up to something special

then the rest of the season happened

Aiden Taylor
Aiden Taylor

You fuckin bet it did. I still really like the music though.

Luke Taylor
Luke Taylor

Also everyone is a fairy deluding themselves they are not fairies except for the shota.
Citation needed.

What did you get?
I dropped the show.

No but the entire first season of Gundam 00 got me.

Nolan Thomas
Nolan Thomas

I donth think OP meant vn's.
Fuck Umineko though
Read myster vn
Becomes some shounenshit love story where they fight a goat army and Erika is destroying towers with a scythe
Doesnt really go back to the mystery, accuses the reader of being heartless for wanting an answer , says without love it cannot be seen, before giving a shitty answer about a crazy transexual and how red truth was totally meaningless.
I'm still mad I wasted time on that. I hope the train story is better.

Kayden Price
Kayden Price

I'm still mad I wasted time on that.
Pretty much this
I hope the train story is better.
What's that? The new WTC?

Chase Roberts
Chase Roberts

https://seaoffragments.wordpress.com/2016/04/05/trianthology-official-site-updated/
No idea what it's about, but the guys who did Umineko music are back. Excluding zts who was the one behind shit like worldendominator, dreamendischarger, the executioner etc.
But Dai (Happiness of Marionette) is back so I'm happy enough.

Lucas Flores
Lucas Flores

That fuckign shadow on the gun on the upright is wrong holy shit

Dylan Wilson
Dylan Wilson

t. reader who didn't understand shit and is mad for it

And I don't even mean it in a wishy washy "without love it cannot be seen" way
I mean that you must be literally retarded if you think the story ever stopped being a mystery

Fuck, the manga even came out and spelled out every single answer to every mystery in plain text for retards like you, how can there still be people raving about "ABLOO ABLOO UMINEKO IS RUINED BECAUSE IT'S NOT A MYSTERY"

Easton Scott
Easton Scott

It's pretty much impossible for an Sup Forums user to have a first ep bait-and-switch work, even for new anime.

And it's all the fault of a specific category of shitty users.

I mean, anime are almost never original works. And if there is a source material then every thread is going to be invaded by people who saw the announcement for the anime, googled scans, LN translations, whatever, and read up everything so they could feel superior to "anime secondaries" even though they only know the series because of the anime announcement.

And they'll spam every thread, with untagged spoilers, constantly mocking anyone anticipating the next episode and speculating on what is going to happen.

Oh my god, that was so intense! I wonder who that shadow was though, can't wait for next week!
lmao are you retarded? It's obvious that it's the MC's brother that came back to kill him, everyone would have figured it out!

"It's so obvious" it's those shitters' favourite phrase. No matter how surprising or good a twist is, they will claim, atop their 20/20 hindsight, that you're dumb for not figuring it out and that it's not their fault for spoiling everything because if you didn't figure it out before it even happened, then you deserve to be spoiled.

Yes I'm fucking mad

Jaxon Davis
Jaxon Davis

That's another argument used by people who didn't even understand what 'magic' is.

Hint: Rule Y of Umineko is that lies agreed on by everyone can be shown as reality.

Jackson Bell
Jackson Bell

Everyone dies in Stone Ocean. Excluding the kid.

Parker Richardson
Parker Richardson

I've already read all of JoJo and I'm not following the anime.
Still, that was a dick move for no reason.

Nathaniel Butler
Nathaniel Butler

Hint: Rule Y of Umineko is that lies agreed on by everyone can be shown as reality.
So you go along with what Ryukishi's showing, and accepting this new definition of 'magic'? How does that go against, in any way or form, the notion of the whole plot being Trick vs Fantasy?

Jaxon Martin
Jaxon Martin

Because it's not the point.
And the manga was made, in Ryu07's words "To put a fullstop to the sentence called Umineko"

He had fun with everyone's theories, but he said, pretty much in his own irl version of the red text "The manga is reality"

Knowing what really happened doesn't change the Trick Vs Magic dilemma.
You can still believe in magic even if you know what really happened.
Lies agreed on by everyone are reality.

Zachary Evans
Zachary Evans

Madoka - the twist could be seen from a mile away, so it didnt work
Not really.

Leo Jackson
Leo Jackson

Then how is (I'm assuming) your post here: relevant to what you were replying to?

Luis Howard
Luis Howard

That was my first reaction too, but people who knew that Urobutchi was writing it did see something coming.

It still was unexpected to people who didn't know that or haven't heard about the twist beforehand, though.

Hudson Fisher
Hudson Fisher

I assumed he posted the pic to say "See, it was a fantasy all along!"
To which I explained why the pics don't prove anything.

Colton Peterson
Colton Peterson

I assumed he posted the pic to say "See, it was a fantasy all along!"
How do you come to that conclusion from an image that basically says
"
1. R07 meant the whole thing as a trick vs fantasy challenge to the readers in the beginning
2. at the end we have a trick vs magic choice
"
?
With the image I meant to say that it being fantasy was fishy from the get-go.

Gavin Martinez
Gavin Martinez

My bad then.
We were on the same page after all.

Camden Sanchez
Camden Sanchez

picked up

Ryder Walker
Ryder Walker

I avoided all the Haifuri threads thinking it was yet another moeshit, then decided to watch it out of boredom.
Have to admit, I did not expect the bombs.

Ryan Sanders
Ryan Sanders

While not all the twists were obvious from the first episode (ie. time loops, souls turned into crystals, witches being megukas, etc), the dream clearly showed that Homura was good, and she seemed to really fucking hate Kyubey, which meant that being a magical girl wasn't all nice. Combined with the explicit violence in the episode and the trippy nature of the witch zone, I thought it was clear that there would be some sort of dark turn for the show later on.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page