So I just finished watching this after hearing everyone rant about what a...

Kayden Clark
Kayden Clark

So I just finished watching this after hearing everyone rant about what a 'masterpiece' it was. Instead what I got was a series that was 30 episodes too long with a ridiculously unsatisfying ending.

I actually really enjoyed it for a while and some of the arcs were great (I'm gonna be honest most of the side stories involving characters that you see for like one or two episodes were way more interesting than Tenma), but the pacing really hit the shitter and it felt like the author had no idea where to take the story after the halfway point after Tenma bitches out on killing Johan for like the 20th time.

Overrated series thread?

Easton Lewis
Easton Lewis

Instead what I got was a series that was 30 episodes too long with a ridiculously unsatisfying ending.
Welcome to any and all Urasawa works.

Jose Perry
Jose Perry

Watch the movie 'Deep Red' also known as 'Profundo Rosso.' It was a big inspiration behind Monster and should be much more satisfying to watch. It's Italian but dubbed into English. And that's not a bad thing, that's what all Italian movies did back then.

Isaiah Taylor
Isaiah Taylor

Yeah, the pacing sucked ass. If it was 25 episodes long, it would be godly, but why the fuck did they drag it out to 74?

Caleb Russell
Caleb Russell

I agree that there are some parts that could be trimmed down, but to say the ending is unsatisfying is a bit of overstatement. I'd say it ties quite nicely with Tenma's principles and the whole idea of what being a monster constitutes of.

Cooper Jenkins
Cooper Jenkins

Hu, weird - I was just thinking of rewatching this. Should I do it? I think I dropped it like around episode 50 something. Did I miss much? People kept on telling me it was like Death Note.

Elijah Price
Elijah Price

Holy shit, this
It was good at the beginning but then so many retarded shit happened. Like the entire final arc is so fucking stupid
It is also excruciatingly moralizing and that annoys me a great deal

Kevin Robinson
Kevin Robinson

Why do I only remember the latin, kids balancing on ledges, a transvestite and the neo-nazis?

Aiden Myers
Aiden Myers

It was good at the beginning
How many episodes would that be?

Joseph Stewart
Joseph Stewart

this what anime only fags deserve. I'm not surprise that it was a bad adaptation. OP got fell for the meme.

Gavin Long
Gavin Long

Monster is an ideal show for those who want something not so animeish anime. These guys however are retarded, because they don't mind the gaping plot holes, the make no sense situations and the horror pacing.
It's different than your filthy moe show
watching this makes me intelligent

Chase Adams
Chase Adams

Yes, It is overrated, I only read the manga, but I was unimpressed.

Mason Price
Mason Price

It is nothing like Death Note.

Robert Campbell
Robert Campbell

The ending really was extremely unsatisfactory.

Anthony Roberts
Anthony Roberts

If it wasn't for monster I'd have never have met my waifu. She was glorious and stole every scene.

Jacob Bailey
Jacob Bailey

The ending of Monster is equally shit and unsatisfying in the manga

Camden Nelson
Camden Nelson

You made it to the end? Congrats man, I dropped it after 15

Joshua Torres
Joshua Torres

I dropped it after 15
Why?

Connor Hughes
Connor Hughes

Why is he so best?

Easton Harris
Easton Harris

Best part of the show.

Eli Parker
Eli Parker

Same shit every episode with boring side characters.

Landon Ortiz
Landon Ortiz

Offtopic, but why can't Italians into tense music in their horror movies? That cheesy shit already ruined Suspiria for me.

Benjamin Williams
Benjamin Williams

I gave up on the manga at the first ridiculous twist about children raised as superweapons or whatever followed by 5 chapters of Case of the Week shit, I couldn't really see the intrigue holding up much longer after that

I loved 20th Century Boys as a pulpy page turner though, even if it shits the bed at the end

Joshua Reyes
Joshua Reyes

Same here, although I didn't try the anime, just the manga. Dropped it around chapter thirty, right after Baby showed up. It was just uninteresting.

Sebastian Howard
Sebastian Howard

this.
It's fucking boring, I would rather read a book of the story. It would be a better immersion

Asher Thompson
Asher Thompson

I would rather read a book of the story
Get off Sup Forums

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page