Don't you miss the time when you could like shit anime like Ichigo 100% and...

Asher Reyes
Asher Reyes

Don't you miss the time when you could like shit anime like Ichigo 100% and watch them in streaming without getting an eye cancer?

Hunter King
Hunter King

and watch them in streaming without getting an eye cancer?

This never happened. I miss liking shit anime though.

Connor Bennett
Connor Bennett

watch them in streaming without getting an eye cancer
You're not very sharp are you?

Tyler Price
Tyler Price

missing streaming

kill yourself

Ryder Lee
Ryder Lee

I remember when episodes were 175MB each and encoded in Xvid with hardsubs. I do not miss those times.

Christopher Gutierrez
Christopher Gutierrez

shit anime like Ichigo 100%
Nigger.

Mason Morgan
Mason Morgan

Ichigo 100%
Fuck that manga ending. I'm still mad.

Sebastian Brown
Sebastian Brown

I miss the fact that if felt like there was so much to discover and enjoy. I remember when I stumbled upon Code Geass by chance, I didn't even know it just aired, I thought it was here since a long time like everything I watched.

I'm not that old but that seems nostalgic.

What about my sharpness?

Nathan Cox
Nathan Cox

dumb esl poster

Andrew Wilson
Andrew Wilson

I do.
Discovering anime was the best time of my life.
Of course I already knew the classics which were on the TV but going into this new hobby was awesome

Jordan Davis
Jordan Davis

I have to disagree with the streaming part. Mainly because of my extremely shitty wifi back then. I fucking lost connection after watching halfway through Steins;Gate and it didn't fucking connect for a week.

Christopher Wright
Christopher Wright

watch them in streaming
implying I ever did that
Filthy casuals.

Andrew Young
Andrew Young

I have a lot of nostalgia for when I first got into anime but really I wouldn't ever want to go back to that time

Most internet connections sucked so if you downloaded a low quality hardsub ep it would take longer to download than to watch. I remember leaving a torrent client up for a week to download a season of some shit once.

Also, if you tried to stream, it would cut out a lot. Once it got big, youtube became pretty popular to put episodes on in 3 part chunks, but the quality was shit and often one part would stop working so you'd have to go search for another one. Even back then it was worse than downloading.

Watching anime is a lot more convenient now

Eli Peterson
Eli Peterson

Watching anime is a lot more convenient now

Yeah sure I didn't mean otherwise, and I wouldn't like to go back to streaming either.

Landon Price
Landon Price

Yeah right. You were born as a 20yr old, I believe you anon-kun.

Luis Lee
Luis Lee

Maybe he started anime as a 20 years old.

Ayden Turner
Ayden Turner

No, I learned what XDCC is. Just because you didn't know any better doesn't mean everyone else put up with shitty streams.

Colton Young
Colton Young

Once it got big, youtube became pretty popular to put episodes on in 3 part chunks,
I remember being a very fresh newfag when this starting being big. I don't think I could do this again like I did death note after it came out.

Samuel Cooper
Samuel Cooper

I was still pretty new too, I guess it was a year or so after I started watching regularly? I did it for a few eps for the novelty but it got old fast. It's depressing how that was almost 10 years ago.

Carter Myers
Carter Myers

I watched Code Geass on youtube, some people uploaded s2 episodes without saying it was s2, so I watched couple of those episodes while watching the first season. It was very frustrating.

Nathaniel Allen
Nathaniel Allen

I've downloaded episodes from nyaa and also still stream episodes. I don't actually care either way because my focus is on the plot, not visual quality. I don't understand why people like you care so much about sensory shit over abstract thought.

Eli Cruz
Eli Cruz

Well, the important thing is you've found a way to feel superior to someone else.

Liam Clark
Liam Clark

But anime IS a visual medium above all.

Chase Martinez
Chase Martinez

xkcd is an awful comic.

The visuals are just the packaging.

Kayden Roberts
Kayden Roberts

Having trained for years on 405 line B&W, even turn of the century VHS subs are watchable.

Nathaniel Diaz
Nathaniel Diaz

To be fair the overwhelming majority of anime is nothing BUT packaging, there's simply nothing of worth from a storytelling standpoint on most of the shit people in this board watch. If you're simply riding the bandwagon and watching generic cute girls doing cute things anime #1287, or jerking off to some self insert harem shit with copious amounts of PLOT, you may as well do so on HD.

Andrew Sanchez
Andrew Sanchez

Really takes me back to those simpler times when I'd watch shit like Fullmetal Alchemist episode 34 part 3 on YouTube. Then I thought I was savvy for downloading 480p files off of Rapidshit or Megaupload if I was lucky. I mean I used RealPlayer back then, for fuck's sake. If god really liked you then you might even find a Mediafire link. I remember signing up on on no name forums so I could see hidden links and googling how to forward ports when I first learned about bittorent. Watching Code Geass and TTGL while they aired was magical. I miss being able to watch shitty shows and still derive enjoyment out of them.

No, I don't ever want to go back to having a DSL connection and a shitty computer, but shit was magical back then. People who act elitist about this probably haven't been watching anime for very long, or you're old as fuck and you were using XDCC back then.

Zachary Bell
Zachary Bell

my focus is on the plot, not visual quality
I don't understand why people like you care so much about sensory shit
I seriously don't understand you people. Animation is a visual medium. If you really only care for the plot you should really consider reading literature, as all you're getting out of anime is shallow pretentiousness aimed at young adults.

Grayson Wilson
Grayson Wilson

Rapidshit
Holy fuck, nostalgia overload. I specifically remember the 70kbps cap. Anyone else remember that retarded cat captcha that no one could read?

Jordan Lewis
Jordan Lewis

Ahhh the nostalgia.
When you were innocent, young and just enjoyed everything that looked kinda good.
I'll be honest though, I never finished Ichigo 100% and B Gata H Kei.

Remember the first time you rewatched one of your favorite anime from your childhood online?
Or the time you watched Naruto or One Piece subbed because your country didn't dub everything yet?
Remember when the subtitles colors matched the hair color of the character speaking.

I certainly remember downloading every single Bleach episode. One at a time. With a download speed limit. Solving a captcha each time to access the download. Hard subbed and the sub groups left their names in the opening.

YES!!!

Kevin Thomas
Kevin Thomas

I still like shit anime

Kevin Ross
Kevin Ross

Streamfags are cancer, but i have to agree with you on this one, some of those shitty stream sites have a lot of old and forgotten shit, i still remember just browsing them and watching stuff based on the covers, found out so many good old shows that way.

Liam Hall
Liam Hall

If you really only care for the plot you should really consider reading literature

It's painful to read anything longer than a line or two of image board bantz desu. I haven't read a book since college fifteen years ago. I don't care about the quality of visuals so long as there are character sprites and noises that let me passively take in the plot without having to consciously work by reading.

Hudson Sanders
Hudson Sanders

shit anime like Ichigo 100%
nigger
watch them in streaming without getting an eye cancer
double nigger

Cameron Fisher
Cameron Fisher

I was mad at first, but over the years I've come to realize how good and ending it was.

You get what you put time into. Nishino and Manaka had an actual relationship, which starts with dates and such. You don't get a fairy-tale ending just because of your first crush and some stupid pantyflash.

And in the end, there is no "one" for you - only the one you make the choice to love. And he chose to love Nishino, and was happy.

Eli Diaz
Eli Diaz

sometimes an episode would be inexplicably missing and you'd just have to skip it and find out what happened later

Camden Bailey
Camden Bailey

can't find the ep from the same source
dig through the internet and find it in 144p with brazillian subs over a korean watermark
"Wel..better than nothing.."

Grayson Carter
Grayson Carter

Also I don't get why but there was a ton of 16:9 show in 4:3 on stream sites. I first watched Code Geass in 4:3 if I remember well, and maybe Clannad too. Maybe it was recorded from old JP TVs.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page