Juan Hughes
Juan Hughes

(See: Anime, entirety of)

James Russell
James Russell

/thread

Caleb Martin
Caleb Martin

Hard mode: Fighting styles and techniques in anime that are actually practical.

Camden Diaz
Camden Diaz

You'd have a harder time finding the opposite

Charles Phillips
Charles Phillips

Anything in World Trigger

Ian Nguyen
Ian Nguyen

I'm guessing sports manga doesn't count or else it wouldn't be much of a hard mode.

Jaxson Morales
Jaxson Morales

Ikkaku''s Bankai, it's somehow even worse than his Shikai since at least his Shikai doesn't break forever

Carter Murphy
Carter Murphy

impractical
in the real world maybe, but in one piece more swords = stronger technique

1 sword - Shishi sonson
2 swords - Rashomon
3 swords - Sanzen Sekai
9 swords - Asura Ichibugin

Logan Allen
Logan Allen

lel

Angel Lee
Angel Lee

Best character in the series.

Evan Cruz
Evan Cruz

Naruto is actually fucking good what the fuck
Why you memed me like this Sup Forums?
I dropped It after time skip, all your fault

Joseph Lee
Joseph Lee

KUNAYAROW BAGAYAROW

Alexander Jenkins
Alexander Jenkins

It's pretty ok, when you skip the bad parts. And believe me, you'll be skipping a lot.

Ian Sanders
Ian Sanders

darksoulspvp.webm

Kevin Rogers
Kevin Rogers

Some of the fights are ok. Everything else is shit

Connor Perry
Connor Perry

Its okay once you skip the fact that theyre ninjas and more like superhumans

Charles Peterson
Charles Peterson

killer b is basically the only thing that's good about post time skip naruto

Eli Price
Eli Price

Just go to youtube and search for "naruto fights" instead of wasting your time on this

Jackson Hernandez
Jackson Hernandez

AoT fighting style ( adapted from free fight )

Gavin Hernandez
Gavin Hernandez

this little shit

Luke Carter
Luke Carter

This guy's sword is just too big the be called a sword. Too heavy...

And sometimes, that looks ridiculous as fuck.

Jose Roberts
Jose Roberts

What was the weight again? 800kg?

Aaron Martinez
Aaron Martinez

It doesn't look cool either. How does he even use the mouth sword at all? Not to mention Oda is just shit at drawing sword fights.
zoros new super move is he runs at his opponent, and then he's behind him in a dumb pose and he won
Wow amazing I love it. How does he come up with this? All sword fights should be like this.

Charles Torres
Charles Torres

So... According to you, Ryuma's fight is shit ? Are you a human being ?

Grayson James
Grayson James

Yes. Only the end of the fight was cool.

Justin Hill
Justin Hill

fucking good
And the good parts are overshadowed by the bad parts, who represent 90% of the series.

David Rivera
David Rivera

The most disappointing thing with this fight it's that Sasugay loosing and then he just goes "lol nope eyes" and win.

Kayden Powell
Kayden Powell

mouth sword is top10 most retarded things in shonen
How dou you even move it

Caleb Jenkins
Caleb Jenkins

If Naruto were 90% this instead of flashbacks, talking heads and "lol so randum" facial expressions, it wouldn't get half the flak it receives.

Christopher Perez
Christopher Perez

How the fuck does that even work in motion? Out of all the swords why is not even a single one in his hands?

Austin Butler
Austin Butler

AoT
practical fighting style

Nigger you what.

Brayden Perry
Brayden Perry

and all other pro-wrestling moves.

Michael Bell
Michael Bell

I assume he means the MMA stuff when the titans fight eachother.

Jayden Butler
Jayden Butler

That has happened quite a few times in competitive fights. However that page looks like shit.

Connor Walker
Connor Walker

WWE fights, maybe.

Thomas Perez
Thomas Perez

He literally spins like a top, and uses the free hands and feet to move as he bounces around. On the top of that, he throws his weapons, and freely let weapons in joints fly, and some times catch them in hands or feet.

The main impracticality stems from the one directional motion and lack of vision. He could do a lot more with a longer weapon paired with something like a dagger or claw.

Blake Collins
Blake Collins

Dempsey Roll.

Joshua Reyes
Joshua Reyes

Lel no, grecoroman wrestling mothafucka.

Thomas Richardson
Thomas Richardson

All of them, get a gun.

Easton Richardson
Easton Richardson

This looks practical until you remember derringers have a smaller caliber than normal guns.

Ethan Phillips
Ethan Phillips

yes, I'm sure somebody got suplexed into unconsciousness in an actual fight, this is a thing that happened.

look kid, wrestling is cool, but if you're "fighting" under rules that don't allow pokes to the eye or kicks to the nuts, you aren't doing actually effective "fighting techniques".

Benjamin James
Benjamin James

I don't seem to get your point, you're telling me that no olimpic fighting is worth using in "real life" cuz it does not contain kicks to the nuts or poking of eyes?

Jacob Lewis
Jacob Lewis

It's worth using, but won't be as effective.
The best martial art in the world is Krav Maga, which has no tournaments because it's only purpose is killing the enemy by any means necesary.

Connor Bennett
Connor Bennett

That shit where a samurai intentionally sheathes their sword so they can slash it out really fast with one hand.

Chase Campbell
Chase Campbell

yeah, a suplex is very practical

Cooper Parker
Cooper Parker

EKSUKARIBAH

Nolan Peterson
Nolan Peterson

Bitch, every martial art was designed with the intent of killing/rendering your enemy incapacitated.
What happened is that in modern days they were turned into sports and therefore lost all their killing purposes.

Parker Perez
Parker Perez

The best martial art in the world is Krav Maga

Levi Davis
Levi Davis

i won't fall for the schlomo tricks

Kayden Kelly
Kayden Kelly

To be fair though he has super strength, fights hordes of demons, and apostles are like 15 feet tall. Pretty sure a normal sword just wouldn't be able to cut someone like Zodd deep enough.

Ryder Harris
Ryder Harris

Not gun kata

Benjamin Reyes
Benjamin Reyes

You really don't know all his techniques, right?

Christian Thompson
Christian Thompson

Anything from Gamaran.

Robert Powell
Robert Powell

Nothing more practical than just punching your opponents in the fucking face.

Colton Wright
Colton Wright

Kill yourself.

Gabriel Taylor
Gabriel Taylor

Pretty much any scythe, no matter how big it is for more 'reach'. Source. every Owari no Seraph thread after the girl reveals her scythe.

Ryan Lee
Ryan Lee

That's pretty damn good. Bless that animator because I wouldn't know where to start with a fucking knee and fupa sword and ridiculous shit.

Nah. When you rapidly decelerate it can cause organ damage from your shit slamming into your ribs, let alone the actual breaking of bones and joints from impacts. 3dmg is pretty neat concept though.

Logan Bell
Logan Bell

all this ignorant cunts that don't know the greatness of Krav Maga
well it's Sup Forums so it's normal that they know shit about that

Carter Taylor
Carter Taylor

Around 200kg.

The strong guys you see in just about any gym could pick it up, though wielding it is a different story.

Jonathan Thomas
Jonathan Thomas

Inb4 Jewish meme

Oliver Lopez
Oliver Lopez

Rukia uses a scythe in a pretty interesting way in Bleach: Fade to Black. Using the long end of the scythe like a spear and shit.

Isaiah Adams
Isaiah Adams

The best martial art in the world is Krav Maga, which has no tournaments because it's only purpose is killing the enemy by any means necesary.
Krav Maga /krɑːv məˈɡɑː/ (Hebrew: קְרַב מַגָּע [ˈkʁav maˈɡa], lit. "contact combat") is a self-defense system developed for the Israel Defence Forces (IDF) that consists of a wide combination of techniques sourced from aikido, judo, boxing and wrestling, along with realistic fight training.[1][2] Krav Maga is known for its focus on real-world situations and it's extremely efficient[3][4] and brutal counter-attacks.[5]
Literally self defense that focuses on counter-attacking. Not 'for killing people' you underage, murderers and military men do not kill people using their hands ever unless they have to.

Why don't you learn a thing or two before shitpost and get BTFO.

Hudson Reyes
Hudson Reyes

Strong guys you see in the gym could pick it up

What guys do you know can pick up 400 lbs? Maybe a select few who are body building. And if they can lift 400 lbs they wouldn't be able to keep it held up for more than a few seconds at best, you're greatly overestimating the strength of the human body.

Caleb Morris
Caleb Morris

Guts can pick up and swing around 3 of me with one hand

A-ah-aaaahhh

Charles Williams
Charles Williams

What guys do you know can pick up 400 lbs
Not him but lots, just because of the place I work. Lots of guys there are jacked and/or on steroids. Like the user said, wielding it is another story, but just to pick up 400lbs isn't as brutal as you think. With one ending resting on chains or the ground, I can lift and slightly push a pack of wood up that weighs more than a thousand pounds, and I'm not very strong.

Matthew Stewart
Matthew Stewart

I don't know what is Krav Maga so I searched it on Wiki and now I'm a fucking expert on martial arts
pathetic

military men do not kill people using their hands ever unless they have to
yeah that's why they fucking train like that, because in war you never know in which situation you will end you fucking retarded piece of shit

Luis Anderson
Luis Anderson

And you somehow disproved my point about Krav Maga not being a 'killing method' in that bitch post where? Oh that's right, just semantics and more 'it's the best in the world' talk that I was clearly avoiding too because you can't even define or proerly use the word 'best.'
Y-you quoted a source, that means you only read that source that only read it now
Insert smug reaction face here.

Carter Kelly
Carter Kelly

Street fights are stupid as fuck, a suplex could actually work if you know how to do it beforehand. Anything that isn't pants on head retarded will work as long as you're strong enough to pull it off.

People who are into bodybuilding won't be able to lift that much ( well it's not that they can't, just that they won't ), if you aim for aesthetics you should be lifting less than that and focusing on lowering your bodyfat.

That being said any strong guy at a gym can lift 400lbs in deadlift, I'm pretty damn skinny and I can still lift 225 lbs for one rep though

Ian Perez
Ian Perez

punching the hardest part of the body with the most delicate set of bones
Very effective indeed.

Evan Perry
Evan Perry

It's okay, Touma has dragons in his arm.

Evan Flores
Evan Flores

I don't even bother man, if you want to know watch some videos at least. Don't fucking quote Wikipedia and act like you know what are you talking about. Also I'm not the guy that said that Krav Maga is the best one but I think that is one od the best ones

Dylan Martin
Dylan Martin

Some of Real Drive's well-animated sequences had some MMA-inspired fights.

Daniel Davis
Daniel Davis

Holy shit, someone actually remembers Real Drive.

Robert Sullivan
Robert Sullivan

Hamon

Henry Nguyen
Henry Nguyen

Archer's fighting style in Fate Stay Night could work IRL if someone had the guts to do it.

Cooper Clark
Cooper Clark

he aimed at the nose, the softest part

Lucas Taylor
Lucas Taylor

Fuck I hate Sauske

Austin Rodriguez
Austin Rodriguez

Dropkicks.

Chase Gomez
Chase Gomez

Is this from Garouden, or did some new Baki get translated?

Caleb Mitchell
Caleb Mitchell

Yes, everyone who became an 'expert' or otherwise experienced fighter went on to make anime or post on Sup Forums. I know that's where i'd show off my skills and knowledge.

Did that when I joined the SEALs and i've regretted it to this day.

Nicholas Gutierrez
Nicholas Gutierrez

that's leverage user though user.

Like you said though, deadlifting a 440lb sword is far different from wielding it, which is literally the most efficient means of lifting dead weight up off the ground.

Austin Scott
Austin Scott

Some high level shit right here user

Jacob Ramirez
Jacob Ramirez

checkmate

Ryan Edwards
Ryan Edwards

Looks legit.

Gavin Brooks
Gavin Brooks

I have a hard on for using teleportation/interdeminsonal shit while fighting plus coolest guys the best.

Kevin Ward
Kevin Ward

Spinzaku

Liam Moore
Liam Moore

But that would actually be practical if you were capable of using it.

Jonathan Hernandez
Jonathan Hernandez

if only it sucks the only story I have ever read to get teleporation right is naruto and kinda psyren I guess.

Gabriel Moore
Gabriel Moore

It always pissed me off how stupid and impractical this is

James Gutierrez
James Gutierrez

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ9vkt7BHYI

Carson Sanchez
Carson Sanchez

Who was the teleporter again in Psyren? To be honest I read it so long ago I'm not even sure what the main girl's power was.

Cooper Martinez
Cooper Martinez

This and pretty much all fancy kung fu styles.

Brandon Barnes
Brandon Barnes

One of the villains from the future he didn't use it as good as obito or minato but he teleported into lava and shit and putting them thousands of feet in the air and let fee fall.

Chase Gutierrez
Chase Gutierrez

I don't see how it's impractical, it's just hard to pull off and requires very good timing, but if you get drop kicked that shit's gonna hurt.

William James
William James

Lmao get this wing chun faggot out of here senpai.

Nolan Scott
Nolan Scott

Thought it was ridiculous how pro wrestlers were considered real martial artsits in Baki
Learn that Antonio Inoki almost had Muhammad Ali's leg amputated in a match

Ethan Ward
Ethan Ward

Not knowing the fear of the Wrestler
Go read from tekken de tough faggot. Wrestling pro or armature is one of the most effective things to in a fight. No one can fight gravity motherfucker.

Henry Cox
Henry Cox

No, he turns around too much and his arms are too wide apart. Twin sword techniques need to be more reserved in movement since it's basically a sword and shield esque fighting style.

it's hard to turn your body fast to avoid thrusting attacks, like that of lancer, when your arms are raised parallel to your shoulders, not to mention exposing your sides.

Too many amateur wannabe boxers do this as well.

Easton Davis
Easton Davis

Inoki doesn't fuck around he loved to prove that wrestling was superior

Blake Thompson
Blake Thompson

Flying kicks in general are impractical to being with as they're hard to connect and you're wide open when you miss, but with this particular one when you don't hit properly (or likely even if you do) you're gonna land on your back unless you're ridiculously agile. And I'm not even sure it hurts much more than kicking with one leg for starters.

Evan Cruz
Evan Cruz

Desu. But WT is almost like a sport series so nah?

Joseph Moore
Joseph Moore

It's meant to be a one-off attack. Kuzuki was raised for the sole purpose of performing a single assassination and them promptly tossed away soon after.

Which is probably the most stupid and impractical thing of all, but Nasu loves stupid and impractical shit. He never misses an opportunity to point out how utterly stupid and impractical magi are.

Evan Howard
Evan Howard

wasn't this just flicking? That's a real strike though.

Brandon Thompson
Brandon Thompson

Aren't derringers designed to be one or two shot holdout pistols which may or may not be large caliber or loaded with exotic ammo to take down the enemy when they're off guard?

Like say, when you have a derringer belt buckle firing two explosive .357 magnum rounds into some idiot's gut.

Brandon Morales
Brandon Morales

I'm not talking about the actual technique shown in the anime ( of course that'd be impractical, he's fighting with two short swords against a spear ) . I'm talking about the concept behind his fighting style.

He basically leaves his vitals wide open so he knows the opponent will strike there, and thus already knowing where the opponent will strike you can easily block it, thus allowing him to keep up with heroic spirits leagues above him like Lancer.

The only problem being if you fail you fucking die.

Thomas White
Thomas White

The suplex isn't just a pro-wrestling move, it's a legit move in grappling martial arts.

Gabriel Lewis
Gabriel Lewis

German suplex is pretty pro wrestling

Brayden Gutierrez
Brayden Gutierrez

That's better executed and thought out with Saber (although it fails spectacularly against Zero Lancer)

Archer's fighting style of high risk high reward would make sense if his weapons weren't so ridiculously short for that job. His weapons are lighter and smaller with wider blade. He should be aiming to deflect, not purposefully expose for a counter.

Speaking of one off kill moves that makes no sense. Concept is cool, but the pool cue katana holding bugs the shit out of me.

Owen Rivera
Owen Rivera

Speaking of one off kill moves that makes no sense. Concept is cool, but the pool cue katana holding bugs the shit out of me.
The dumbest one was when he fought barehanded and he still did a Gatotsu with his fist.

Jaxson Butler
Jaxson Butler

I think the logic was that it's the only option available for him in a melee fight, since almost all his opponents are considerably stronger than he is and if he tried to block or deflect, he'd just be slowly whittled down.

Wyatt Hughes
Wyatt Hughes

Probably every single fighting style in JJBA.

It's just that the poses look really, really uncomfortable.

Owen Wilson
Owen Wilson

Then he should've pulled out a fucking bow like Lancer even gave a chance for.

Joseph Walker
Joseph Walker

https://youtu.be/PcRyjkYdDxM?t=15s

Jayden Lee
Jayden Lee

haymaker
practical

lel, check out this retard.

Ryan Campbell
Ryan Campbell

Jamming knives with grenades on them in people's faces

Leo Davis
Leo Davis

He's a smug prick. And he probably knew that Lancer has Protection from Arrows. He'd need to pull out the big guns against him, but Archer dislikes showing off his cards early.

Eli Lopez
Eli Lopez

Just watched this last night.

DANGEROUS
MOST DANGEROUS

Jacob Brown
Jacob Brown

What the fuck is even going on there? Blanka roll?

Nolan Ward
Nolan Ward

he fell for the Krap Maga meme

Easton Butler
Easton Butler

Flywing kicks only works when opponent is giving his back or are totally unexpecting the start of the fight, its a douchebag move really

Julian Edwards
Julian Edwards

Old guy mastered a technique involving muscle relaxation that allows him to bounce with punches unharmed. Big guy tried to hit him with an overhead axe kick and the result was him rolling in midair.

Robert Ortiz
Robert Ortiz

If he can swing it quickly, its not impractical. It's impractical if its too heavy for you.

Robert Morgan
Robert Morgan

Fists
Literally the most practical extremity on the human body.

Owen Murphy
Owen Murphy

Why not use a smaller one he'd swing faster and would also kill?

Adrian Scott
Adrian Scott

It's historically been done by Samurai and is practiced to this day...

Aiden Mitchell
Aiden Mitchell

Fuck off shitty frogposter.

Luke Ward
Luke Ward

Small arms have snapped and didn't cut enough. It's like asking why use a saw when a knife could be slicing faster and would also cut wood.

Guts needed something fuck hueg to kill something fuck hueg

Xavier Parker
Xavier Parker

It's basically feints taken to the extreme and probably exists in chinese martial arts.

Tyler Harris
Tyler Harris

Krav Maga isn't even as brutal as boxing or muay thai. It's just a glorified self defense course.

Any martial art that wasn't invented for sport has dirty techniques like aiming at the groin, poking the eyes etc, it's just you can't practice those at sparring and Krav Maga teachers probably won't even teach them properly.

Dominic Perez
Dominic Perez

Anything involving the spoon man's bladed club shit

How the fuck would you even
What

Elijah Howard
Elijah Howard

Man, that weapon was dumb as shit.

Julian Rogers
Julian Rogers

The best martial art in the world is Krav Maga
It's funny how people in the martial art world keeps hearing about this 24/7 from complete amateurs, I wasn't expecting this shit from Sup Forums. Also for OP pic related

Camden Butler
Camden Butler

He makes a mess though and has to clean himself up after every fight, very impractical

Ryan Russell
Ryan Russell

Going off of the fight scene in illya thats exactly what he does

Juan Sullivan
Juan Sullivan

using any sort of shitty style
not just beating niggas down however you can

plebs

Ryan Campbell
Ryan Campbell

why is he naked?

Nicholas Ortiz
Nicholas Ortiz

Bouya

Man, CrowsxWorst is so underrated on Sup Forums. I ahve no idea why.

Landon Bell
Landon Bell

Well,Bouya wants to keep a fair fight, altough he got no practical fighting styles

Nolan Edwards
Nolan Edwards

Naruto had shit tier story, meh characters, but god tier fights.

If only One Piece had the animation budget Naruto did. Fucking Toei

Thomas Russell
Thomas Russell

Baki techniques rely on superhuman athleticism though.

Jacob Bell
Jacob Bell

Fun fact: Even if you had the strength to wield it, swinging it would lift you off your feet and fling you along the sword since the sheer momentum would outdo the coefficient of friction on your feet+ground. Unless you weighed a few tons yourself, of course.

Kevin Rodriguez
Kevin Rodriguez

Any anime that uses wrestling 2bh

William Sanders
William Sanders

Kusarifundo is practical as fuck. That(those?) thing is a murder weapon if you have a decent weight on the end. If you hit someone with it, whichever part of their body you hit will break.

Brayden Russell
Brayden Russell

Any martial art that wasn't invented for sport has dirty techniques like aiming at the groin
Which, if I'm not mistaken, was legal in many tournaments until the 70s

Poking at the eyes was pretty universally banned though.

Dylan Jones
Dylan Jones

nobody could defend against this arcane technique
or fail to block it

Evan Brooks
Evan Brooks

leaf police force
in a village that is 90% made of fucking ninjas

Naruto never stops, does it?

James Murphy
James Murphy

But the police force are all ninjas, Uchihas to be exact

Isaac Hughes
Isaac Hughes

Giant robots.

Hunter Edwards
Hunter Edwards

Their hand-to-hand was hilarious.

Hunter Powell
Hunter Powell

Needles and wires. Even in anime, I never expected someone to make a fighting style like that look so badass.

Lucas Nelson
Lucas Nelson

You see it fairly often in MMA in the manlet weightclasses. Khabib has done it a lot.

The perfect bridge with it is pretty retarded though.

Isaiah Fisher
Isaiah Fisher

It has the perfect mix of offense and defense

Nathan Torres
Nathan Torres

It doesn't even look cool

Aaron Lee
Aaron Lee

needles yah, but wires are pretty practical for choking someone out

Easton Martinez
Easton Martinez

krav maga

lmao yeah put a krav maga expert in a octagon with no rules and tell him to take out a champion in MT and see how long it takes for his leg to be broken.

We've had plenty of tournaments in the 90s with no rules fought by steroid abusing badasses. Your bullshit "illegal" fighting style has already been BTFO.

Hunter Bennett
Hunter Bennett

stupid and what the point besides looking stylish

Brayden Taylor
Brayden Taylor

Like a COP .357? I hear that has accuracy issues.

Jaxson Gonzalez
Jaxson Gonzalez

Could be explained as an extension of Kid's autism.

Brandon Murphy
Brandon Murphy

sports manga
practical IRL

Chase Brooks
Chase Brooks

Well, most of the JJBA's fighting is done by the Stands' powers. The 'poses' isn't really part of the 'fighting' but more part of the 'style'.

But still, expecting magical powers and creatures to do your fight for you while you contort your body is an impractical fighting style.

Owen Cruz
Owen Cruz

Ippo
practical
you know there's a reason that people don't try to use the dempsey roll anymore, right

Aiden Robinson
Aiden Robinson

When you have a skull as thick as Ippo might as well use it to your advantage.

Connor Powell
Connor Powell

Wew lad. You fell for the krav maga meme. The best stand up martial art in the world is Muay Thai, hands down. As for grappling you can't go wrong with freestyle wrestling and Brazilian jujitsu. Krap maga is for neckbeard sperglords who think they won't pass themselves whenever someone will try to attack them with a knife.

Oliver Jenkins
Oliver Jenkins

We should combine them and create Muay Maga. Or Krav Thai.

Ayden Carter
Ayden Carter

He could have put a sword in his asshole, one under each arpit, and 4 other swords in the joints for his legs and hands.
the 9 sworded demon
one of his swords has a brown guard
he never eats mexican before a fight

Dylan Davis
Dylan Davis

Meh. I tried out krav maga for a little bit. From what little experience I had with it, if someone is good with it they become a sort of Jack of all trades master of none. You'll handle yourself in a fight, but you won't have as good stand up as a Muay Thai boxer, you wouldn't grapple as good as wrestler etc. It's good if you wanna be able to not get demolished on the street, but honestly it's always safer to just run the fuck away in a street scenario.

William Miller
William Miller

Smacking that bitch

Jacob Myers
Jacob Myers

So clearly the best street fighting style is parkour.

Daniel Anderson
Daniel Anderson

Kek the best self defence style is the 100m dash.

Charles Jones
Charles Jones

What if there's a hurdle on your path?

Joshua Harris
Joshua Harris

Nani? Masaka? My ultimate technique! How could it have failed? AAAAAAAAAAA

Kevin Kelly
Kevin Kelly

why is archer a loli?

Anthony Gutierrez
Anthony Gutierrez

You just need to upgrade 100m dash to the 100m Hurdles style

Josiah Cook
Josiah Cook

H-hayai!
...iya!
Hayakunai!

Justin Ross
Justin Ross

Best street-fighting "style" is free-form. Learn what attacks can and will be used against you, and possess the skills needed to surpass them.

Henry Robinson
Henry Robinson

nah man clearly the best skill is running away, as user explained here

Dylan Collins
Dylan Collins

He doesn't know the saying

Jack of trades, master of none, better than master of 1. Enjoy your autism

Levi Kelly
Levi Kelly

What if there's a sharp corner?

Henry Ross
Henry Ross

Nanatsu no Taizai had a mage constantly spamming teleport on someone to completely disorient them.

Logan Smith
Logan Smith

Sane derringers are normal caliber.
Good derringer is barely over normal caliber
Stupid derringers fire heavy rounds(i.e Desert Eagle tier). The reason its stupid is that you need the larger grip to handle the recoil.

Most derringers was firing questionable rounds used in the wild west, usually of lower caliber than normal revolvers. Or normal revolver rounds.
The main use is that its literally the definition of a concealed carry weapon.
Meryl's problem is that:
1. She is carrying so many she would be better off with equal amount of revolvers, due grip weight adding up
2. She has to grab a new derringer and throw away her old ones, for each hand, for each shot.

Oliver Ortiz
Oliver Ortiz

Well hopefully you have a good lead by then.

Elijah Roberts
Elijah Roberts

Eh technically, yes. But you'd be much better off cross training between different martial arts, than doing krav maga. Then you'd have a more solid Base for both grappling and striking. Yeah you wouldn't know all the fancy disarms and shit, but the problem with those is that they don't work. Whenever someone is threatening to kill you, it is nigh impossible to do all the complicated moves that they do with the disarms. Plus, the only way those disarms would ever work is if you have the extreme luck of being threatened by an absolute amateur in terms of knife handling.
Also I dont know the full saying because I didn't grow up in an English speaking country. I just heard a bit of it from my friends and though it was the full thing.

Julian Long
Julian Long

This one of the most practical weapons in the thread.
1. It folds up when you don't use it
2. Its attached to a real/camouflaged weapon
3. A hollow metal ball as counterweight is leathal or maiming on direct hits.
4. Even when used in a lazy way, a direct hit still disables the enemy limb or weapon

Grayson Gutierrez
Grayson Gutierrez

That's not fighting, unless you're going by PotC 3 logic.

Liam Mitchell
Liam Mitchell

This shit was great, it didn't even matter how ridiculous it was 10/10 would watch Sasuke get gutted again

Ayden Morris
Ayden Morris

Why aren't you a loli?

Easton Miller
Easton Miller

It's part "so stupid it's good" and part "fuck Sasuke so hard"

Alexander Parker
Alexander Parker

fighting styles

Have any of you even been in a fight?

Ryder Harris
Ryder Harris

duh, of course I have.

shipping fights.

I have my feelings hurt. I'll show you the scars but I'm not ready to open up to strangers yet.

Asher Sanders
Asher Sanders

I have eleven years of martial arts training, you tell me senpai

no, fighting's scary

Landon Ortiz
Landon Ortiz

I've never been in a street fight, but I train martial arts and been in plenty sparring and competition fights. (Granted I am a grapples foremost so most of those were judo/Bjj, but I've given kickboxing a shot)

Charles Morgan
Charles Morgan

I'm the proponent of the "100m hurdles is best style" fighting style. I have escaped (ie won) literally tens of fights. At least two are spats with people born in the same decade as me.

Noah Lee
Noah Lee

8/10 chuckled profusely

Isaiah Diaz
Isaiah Diaz

Yes, but after two separate fights ending with kicks to the balls, I stopped

Brayden Cook
Brayden Cook

To be quite honest this is the best thing you can user. You never know If someone is a psycho with a knife or has a gang of friends around the corner.

Zachary Ramirez
Zachary Ramirez

This is why you don't have arguments during a soccer match. Them corner kicks can be real struggle.

Jace Martin
Jace Martin

I've been in a street fight and it's usually dirty as fuck.

Gavin Adams
Gavin Adams

I am well aware of that. Which is why I am also a massive fan of the 100m dash style.

Asher Cruz
Asher Cruz

100m dash style
pleb

200m is where it's at, son.

Brayden Ramirez
Brayden Ramirez

Impossible! The legendary 200m dash style? Teach me o great user sama.

Julian Roberts
Julian Roberts

Does it even look that cool? I always felt his Ittoryu and Nitoryu moves looked cooler.

Isaac Russell
Isaac Russell

200m

H-HAYAI

But sometimes you got to get down and dirty kouhai.

Luke Scott
Luke Scott

Yeah, I've been in a few

Fights aren't hard when you realise that only dumbfucks don't throw the first punch. Most people go down after one punch. Someone comes up and starts pushing you, they want to fight you. Just punch and leave/run

Just plain running doesn't sit well with me, these dickheads need to get knocked out to calm their faggot egos. Especially when they walk around feeling like kings because the penalties for fighting and getting caught are so high in the western world. Cuckold nations I tell you, why would you ever want to protect the worst of your people by stopping innocent people from defending themselves?

Evan Hernandez
Evan Hernandez

Anything with guns in anime.

James Wright
James Wright

Just plain running doesn't sit well with me

Same

Remember lads, you can win a 1v3, but master the 400m running style for anything more than that if you don't have experience

Robert King
Robert King

What if it were hollow inside?

Charles Taylor
Charles Taylor

400m running style
S-sugoi~

Wyatt Lewis
Wyatt Lewis

all these tough /a/nons
I'm scared you'll all bully me.

Lincoln Ramirez
Lincoln Ramirez

It was really bad trying to watch it weekly. Some of the simplest things would take a month to do, with no real definitive fights in that time. Frustrating as hell.

Dominic Martinez
Dominic Martinez

100m
200m
400m
WHERE IS THE TOP

Lincoln Parker
Lincoln Parker

What the fuck are you doing? GET TO RUNNING FUCKBOY.

People like you will never master the forbidden infinite metre running style

Nathan Cox
Nathan Cox

3 on1? You'd need to be fairly good to do that. Unless the three guys are absolute scrubs. If you've managed that, then I tip my fedora to you user San.

Isaiah Ward
Isaiah Ward

Man the number one thing that pissed me off in Naruto is the uchiha's shitty fighting style. Like srs you can look at shit and burn it with inextinguishable flames, why would you want to do anything else?

Jace Scott
Jace Scott

In a group fight vs white people, punching the toughest guy out usually makes them stop

Don't try that with negroes though, they'll just gang jump you regardless

Gabriel Martinez
Gabriel Martinez

No why should I? I'm one of the guys standing at the side chuckling how little we have matured as a race when I see two monkeys beat each other up over nothing.

Thomas Gonzalez
Thomas Gonzalez

why would you want to do anything else
You have to kill your bff to get that power tho. And no homo, it's guy love, I love my bff.

Jayden Stewart
Jayden Stewart

It caps out at a mile, no human can run past that. It's physically impossible.

Luke Clark
Luke Clark

Don't try that with negroes though, they'll just gang jump you regardless

That's why you just shoot them on the spot.

Nolan Long
Nolan Long

costs lots of mana
makes you blinder
your eyes are bleeding bro
makes you crazier

Oliver Lee
Oliver Lee

So you say user, but while you've been typing I have already run 10 miles

Hudson Cox
Hudson Cox

The track record in Naruto is that the entire of the Uchiha clan is a large gang of complete pushovers.
From all we have seen, we have only seen 3 people who wasn't turbo noobs.

Its even more hillarious once it gets going, when Senju strong body gets revealed.

Robert Hill
Robert Hill

Masaka! Are you the chosen one?!

Gabriel Jones
Gabriel Jones

I pushed a fat kid from my class in the elementary school. He crashed into the door and almost took it out of the hinges, so I think I scored a win
Felt pretty bad about it though
Ain't no rest for the victors

Thomas Flores
Thomas Flores

But Muhammad Ali is a shit.

Ethan Sullivan
Ethan Sullivan

I have already run 10 miles
Heheh, yeah, and I've banged 10 girl and none of them are tsunderes.

Cameron Moore
Cameron Moore

400m dash and then jogging.
And 400m dash in itself isn't a dash, its too long.

Now, jogging? Once a human is trained, there is no limit. With brakes to eat and sleep, there would not nothing stopping a human from permanently jogging until the body parts give up.

Carter Scott
Carter Scott

Thanks for the pro tip. I wouldn't know that since my area has very little black people (Lots of Asian minorities, but they are for the most part chill from my experience with them)

Xavier Gutierrez
Xavier Gutierrez

Yeah, a win. Against the doors. The fat kid is just your unrealistic weapon.

Brayden Rogers
Brayden Rogers

I was in my teens back then.

*tips penis*

Some blacks have the honor pvp duels though, and they tell a nigga to step back if he got knocked out.

BAKANA

Justin Russell
Justin Russell

And I bet that isn't even your bankai!

Noah Myers
Noah Myers

What if they also have guns?

Gabriel Wright
Gabriel Wright

accuracy issues.
derringers
If you miss at point blank then consider signing up for a extraterrestial Earth-defense group.

Gavin Sanchez
Gavin Sanchez

Then you probably shouldn't have gone for that leisurely stroll in Detroit

Jackson Sanders
Jackson Sanders

I was practicing my 100m dash! I want to reach the masters in this thread someday.

Hunter Gutierrez
Hunter Gutierrez

I dunno. Maybe DtB without usage of powers?
Hei did some intresting shit using surroundings.

Christopher Cook
Christopher Cook

If you lived near a ghetto, I think you'd invest in a treadmill

Noah Sanders
Noah Sanders

you think I have the money?

Ethan Clark
Ethan Clark

for a second hand treadmill the previous owner never used? sure why not

Josiah Reyes
Josiah Reyes

You should probably rather invest in moving out.

Brandon Reyes
Brandon Reyes

Tyson used it. he was effective.

Cameron Butler
Cameron Butler

Bee's got a lot of stingers. Nigga thinks he's Sonic the Hedgehog.

Brody Adams
Brody Adams

Boxing isn't a very practical method outside of a boxing match anyways. Street fights are all about tackling

Samuel Green
Samuel Green

Not really. You usually don't want to go to the ground since you never know If the guy you're fighting doesn't have friends around. When you are on the ground, someone can just kick you in the back of the head, and it's Gg.

Alexander Baker
Alexander Baker

Filename

Shiggy on your own PC.

Lincoln Mitchell
Lincoln Mitchell

Boxing gives you 3 very important techniques:
1. Technique of footwork, which is amazing when fighting somebody who has not trained footwork
2. Trained to deflect, and predict paths of blows
3. Proper technique for punching. A proper punch is a lot stronger than just flailing a arm

Lincoln Johnson
Lincoln Johnson

opposed to getting punched in the back of the head while standing? 1vs3 is gg anyways. at least you can assume the fetal position on the gruond

Owen Long
Owen Long

None of that matters when you just throw your entire body at someone to knock them to the ground and then knee them in the balls over and over.

Levi Cook
Levi Cook

Footwork matters a lot if you fight 1 v 2, or if the other guy got a stick, a club or a knife.
Punching matters a lot, because its the difference between being forked to tackle and just hitting him in lung/neck/side of head/nose

Footwork also matters a lot, because its the difference between getting taken by down a tackle, and deflecting it.
Even if some basic Judo would negate 90% of shit nobody tackles.

Remember: Greatest danger is getting ganked up on. And nobody knows how to fight for shit, so every advantage you get is worse than just running and throwing pebbles.

Asher Morgan
Asher Morgan

Yes, believe it or not user, a powerful kick to the back of the head is worse than a punch.

Lincoln Rivera
Lincoln Rivera

both can easily kill you. are there various types of dead?

Colton Perez
Colton Perez

Some blacks have the honor pvp duels though, and they tell a nigga to step back if he got knocked out.

What a shame, here in Europe with the sandniggers is not the same. I remember once going a 3 vs 1 too, but my friends were near, 500m or so. And yeah you just need to punch hard the toughest motherfucker and they will be scared... but not step back, just scared. Also since my friends were near it didn't happened anything serious that time.

But a month or so after that it was 4 (me and my friends) against 10 of them, eh that was funny. I was 16 when all that happened btw.

Hunter Cruz
Hunter Cruz

I think this is the most stupid attack in the history of stupid attacks. 1 kick in the nuts and its over

Jayden Howard
Jayden Howard

It would break when sashimiing demons and one shotting fucking plate armor.

Charles Flores
Charles Flores

He purposefully exposes in order to deflect. If it wasn't for that he wouldn't be able to even keep up.

Adam Hill
Adam Hill

Yeah, 4 against 1. I got hit in the back of the head and some weird standing KO happenned.

Blake Miller
Blake Miller

CONTEXT KOUHAI

Levi Hughes
Levi Hughes

the fuck are you talking about? Provided you had the physical strength required to use that weapon in battle for long periods of time, it's practicl af
forward thrust instantly limits opponents range of movement by trapping them in the bladed inner semicircle
long reach
can instantly crush enemies physically weaker than yourself with its weight alone, especially when its brought down on them, your pic related
very versatile rotational attacks

its only downside is that its upwards and downward sweeps would be limited by the ground because its so fucking huge. It's perfect for Nnoitara because he's a fucking tall obscenely strong mantis man

Nathaniel Nguyen
Nathaniel Nguyen

Some of Spike's hand to hand in cowboy bebop was passable. Of course they were animating Bruce Lee moves

Wyatt Smith
Wyatt Smith

Maybe it is practical

Bentley Collins
Bentley Collins

Guts is still too light, a swing would make his body fly

Logan Wright
Logan Wright

Plus you guys aren't accounting for the moment caused by its center of gravity being far away from the hilt. That shit would be incredibly hard to hold. Its like lifting a cinder block on the end of a stick. It's much more difficult than just lifting the cinder block.

Jeremiah Russell
Jeremiah Russell

When I was a kid I almost smashed one of the huge bulky computer monitors on some girl that was pissing me off.

Carson Carter
Carson Carter

I can´t get what's ironic in Sup Forums and what's not anymore

Christian Morales
Christian Morales

Unless however you learned how to use a sword of that caliber properly and maybe were only swinging in proper circles or something, and breaking it's momentum on the ground.

Anime can figure out ways around the realism if they wanted to be that realistic.

Robert Hughes
Robert Hughes

Unless however you learned how to use a sword of that caliber properly and maybe were only swinging in proper circles or something, and breaking it's momentum on the ground.

You would just lose all the fights when you were trying to gather momentum.

The moment the sword is behind you, anyone with a proper sword could just stab you dead.

Michael Gonzalez
Michael Gonzalez

Is he dead?

Leo Garcia
Leo Garcia

I used to street fight a lot when I was younger and stupid with a lot of agression to vent, usually relied on getting the first hit in the temple or one of the eyes, followed by tackle to the ground. And then there were times when people pulled out knives, i had two stilettoes with me, but had to fight with them only once, and that was when I quit fighting altogether. I got stabbed, and if I hadn't been prepared beforehand, I would now be dead.

Zachary Cooper
Zachary Cooper

Do you just go on the street and start insulting random people ?

Ian Reed
Ian Reed

Do you not?

Adam Cox
Adam Cox

At least it regularly acknowledges how ridiculous it is. Bystanders comment on it every time he takes it out.

Ryan Lee
Ryan Lee

In elementary school someone made fun of me for liking Cardcaptor Sakura. I used the Hundred Hand Slap E.Honda uses in Street Fighter and gave him a bloody nose and he was crying thinking he was going to die.

Other time I was playing basketball back in highschool and I took the ball from some guy making a play and a few seconds later he punched me right in the face and I was just confused. I asked if he seriously wanted to fight and he just backed off and left. It was a good thing too because there's no way I would have been able to match a punch like that. Typical nigger desu.

Ethan Johnson
Ethan Johnson

More of a weapon than a fighting style, but FUCKING SCYTHES! They take everything that makes mid-range weapon useful and make it impractical.

Matthew Peterson
Matthew Peterson

All the time at school and a few times in a park or somewhere though that was mostly shit carried over from school. While it was never a style I generally had a pattern I could rely on because I have a thick as fuck skull
Headbutt to the nose
gut punch
push away
kick in the head

Asher Martinez
Asher Martinez

Headbutt to the nose
That's something I wish I knew the first time I got in a fight. Hitting someone on the forehead with your forehead is really stupid. Also, if you can, try to find something small and heavy to put in your hand when you punch.

Bentley Edwards
Bentley Edwards

Wire weapen. An ideal example of uselles but cool weapon.

Samuel Ward
Samuel Ward

And that makes it practical?

Dominic Hughes
Dominic Hughes

I came here to post this

Brody Reyes
Brody Reyes

Wire looks good until you remember it has no momentum, so it can't be controlled while throwing it.
And since it has no momentum to speak of, you can't drag it left or right.

Isaiah Young
Isaiah Young

There's usually pins or something at the end, isn't there?

Luke Parker
Luke Parker

This is best watched with friends and popcorn, and is a great example of how a broken clock maks teh exact time once a day

Joshua Robinson
Joshua Robinson

a great example of how a broken clock maks teh exact time once a day
I don't think that's how it goes.

Anthony Sanchez
Anthony Sanchez

Usually it's the other way around, user. Most derringers used to be big calibers to compensate for the short barrerl. Not that it helped much, acually.

Xavier Brooks
Xavier Brooks

Once you get past the crappy "let's animate as many weird moves into the catruon as we can" part, it's
rather standard arm deflect followed by straight punch to the nose
Nothing unusual here, user

Oliver Phillips
Oliver Phillips

ippo
practical or realistic

William Wright
William Wright

Likely.
There's a reason suplex are actually *forbidden* in many wrestling rules, and it's teh risk of accidental neck fracture.
Of course, wrestlers aren't trrying to kill each other, but a "real fight (Tm)" isn't under such considerations.

Jacob Parker
Jacob Parker

Concept is cool, but the pool cue katana holding bugs the shit out of me.
The amusing part is that it IS an actual Katori Shinto Ryu move. He's foing it with switched hands, though.

Kevin Torres
Kevin Torres

Best martial art is a .45 shot to the face, user

Juan James
Juan James

Anything Luffy does.

Samuel Carter
Samuel Carter

It's motherfucking Tyson. He could do nothing but jabs and be effective.

Xavier Carter
Xavier Carter

I actually started to practice boxing 2 months ago so yeah

A lot, and wven won some of them.

Luke Foster
Luke Foster

General delinquency and I hanged out in bad parts with my friends, picked fights with anyone not within the group and drank all day. I was 17 when I got way over my head with this 20+ year old jailguy who allegedly shanked someone to death, so I started wearing chainmail under my hoodie, so when he did stab me, it wasn't lethal, I just put the tips of my stilettoes on his lower eyelids and told him to drop the knife and back off slowly or he will never see again. Thankfully we both had enough sense to walk off.

The guy got jailed again, and I never fought again.

Camden Richardson
Camden Richardson

what did he mean with that?

Sebastian Hughes
Sebastian Hughes

Some of the earlier Baki stuff actually had some ground to stand on in terms of practicality and realism, nowadays it's just supersonic punches, cavemen and invisible lightsabers
not complaining though, that shit's rad af

Julian Thomas
Julian Thomas

It's like pitting 6 foam rods against 3 steel pipes

Isaac Smith
Isaac Smith

It's returning to realism with Motobe and Jack. Motobe's job so far appears to be to jar the fighters back into reality. There are more ways to cheat than a nutshot.

Jacob Garcia
Jacob Garcia

You remember Motobe was about to use the imaginary sword thing with Retsu, right?

Benjamin Ortiz
Benjamin Ortiz

He was talking about weight, and the starfish's swords were heavier, why didn't he say they were denser or stronker.

Jeremiah Anderson
Jeremiah Anderson

I think he was just going to make a point, like Muhsashi did here.

Ryan Jenkins
Ryan Jenkins

perfect break of balance before execution, wonder if she trains.

Also, suplexes work in a streetfight because your knees don't touch the ground, and it generally ends a fight

Landon Hill
Landon Hill

I'm the top sniper in the U.S. Armed Forces and have over 300 confirmed kills.

Hunter Wilson
Hunter Wilson

It's not the sword itself that's impractical, it's Gut's superhuman strength that's the real impracticality. If you gave a Grizzly bear opposable thumbs he can swing Dragonslayer like Guts no problem.

Jaxon Green
Jaxon Green

Wow user, have you been in secret raids in Al-Queda?

Lucas Lopez
Lucas Lopez

kb is my fuckin dad

Michael White
Michael White

Better parry at a fixed point that wouldn't injure me if I weren't to

Daniel Jackson
Daniel Jackson

There is a decent bokushou street fighting manga called holy land

Xavier Wood
Xavier Wood

Is the ramen guy also a ninja?

Joshua Hall
Joshua Hall

Nobody has the technical skill to use it anymore.

Floyd Mayweather uses it often, as did prime Tyson.

Isaac Jones
Isaac Jones

uchiha's
dependable enough to be police
this is why the village is always having problems

Adrian Hill
Adrian Hill

tobirama will always be dead so

not saying that uchiha master race but uchiha master race

Jace Sanchez
Jace Sanchez

stylish
you mean edgy as fuck

Alexander Sanders
Alexander Sanders

3 inches thick

It is 1 inch thick maybe 1.5
That is still really thick. Most likely it weights 125lbs, give or take 20lbs

Cooper Cox
Cooper Cox

Maybe he means it's span from edge to edge.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page