Just watched pic related last night

Anthony Thompson
Anthony Thompson

Just watched pic related last night. It's pretentious bullshit with many flaws. The only real positives I can list is the artwork and the cop character. Everything else is either unneeded or makes no fuckin sense. What even were half of the characters motives? Even if they were clear as to why they did what they did, it makes no sense. Why did the bald old man be the bad guy? And his younger apprentice guy or whatever? All of the dream shit, especially the first of half of the movie, didn't really make any sense, and once the second half of the movie comes along, it's pretty much rendered useless. The only story in this that really mattered, made sense, and should've just been there was the story of the cop guy and his past. If you could simply expand upon that, and leave out all the dream bullshit, it would be much better. Hell, the titular character, paprika, isn't even needed. It really is a shame because the opening credit sequence looked promising, but instead we're left with some artsy bullshit that makes no sense.
inb4 2deep4u

Isaac Watson
Isaac Watson

I'm disappointed that you didn't call it an Inception ripoff too, It would have been perfect bait then.

Henry Allen
Henry Allen

bump

Juan Gonzalez
Juan Gonzalez

Not b8, this movie is an incoherent piece of shit.

Jose Jones
Jose Jones

Its meh

Samuel Rodriguez
Samuel Rodriguez

First Satoshi Kon movie? Try to pay attention next time

Jaxon Smith
Jaxon Smith

Basically saying 2deep4u. A lot of the contrived stuff is really unnecessary. They tried to pull off something complex, but it all came out of nowhere and sucked, having little to do with the main plot. They crammed too much shit in. It really should've just been the cop's story.

Jose Parker
Jose Parker

But the fat guy gets the girl in the end. You neckbeards should love this movie.

John Gray
John Gray

That was ironically the only thing in the movie that broke my suspension of disbelief.

Brayden Parker
Brayden Parker

This is Kon's worst/most-overrated film.
The animation is gorgeous, which is enough to distract most people from realising that the plot is paper thin, and character arcs non-existent.
This is coming from someone who loves Paranoia Agent and Perfect Blue.

Leo Campbell
Leo Campbell

Paprika is honestly not a great film, probably one of Satoshi Kon's worst actually.

Daniel Bailey
Daniel Bailey

Pretty much. The only character who gets close to character development is the detective guy and that still coulda been better.

Adrian Cruz
Adrian Cruz

Actually I find it safe to say that it is his worst, no that it is as bad as OP states it to be, but his other works are better
Unless you disliked Tokyo Godfathers

Jackson Gonzalez
Jackson Gonzalez

I liked Tokyo Godfathers, but it's entirely different than this movie.

John Jackson
John Jackson

What did you like about Tokyo Godfathers?

Cameron Ortiz
Cameron Ortiz

I hated Tokyo Ghoul, I know was not from Kon but still.

Tyler Rivera
Tyler Rivera

desu it's been a lil while since I've seen it so I can't remember entirely but it was a comedy and the general situation + characters was good.

Ethan Price
Ethan Price

/tv/ watches anime

Daniel Morales
Daniel Morales

What are you implying, user?

Jonathan Flores
Jonathan Flores

Pretentious, but pretty is standard description of Kon's movies.

Camden Ortiz
Camden Ortiz

What do you think?

Chase Morales
Chase Morales

Are you calling me a casual? I'm a weeb, user. I don't care about flicks or kinos. This movie was just too out there.

Evan Price
Evan Price

Same here. I honestly cannot remember them interacting in any meaningful way.

Charles Wilson
Charles Wilson

Don't be so insecure.

Ethan Richardson
Ethan Richardson

a best

Jose Barnes
Jose Barnes

Shall we recomend pic related for you then?

Joseph Nelson
Joseph Nelson

The only real positives I can list is the artwork and the cop character.

Don't forget the OST m8

Adrian Brown
Adrian Brown

Yeah, his directing is amazing when it comes to cutting and such.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page