Absolutely nothing that happened in this episode of Re:Zero made any sense

Blake Watson
Blake Watson

Absolutely nothing that happened in this episode of Re:Zero made any sense.

Subaru falls in love with his two killers who ruin his life and break his last shards of remaining sanity because they're cute maid waifus
he says his heart belongs to Emilia and literally 20 minutes later confesses his love to Ram and Rem because reasons
Ram attacks Subaru and destroys the mansion for no fucking reason and with absolutely zero proof because DRAMA
Subaru kills himself and vows to save Ram and Rem, the two people who are responsible for all his terrible and gruesome deaths and torture because what the fuck

Clearly the author's intention was to cover up his shoddy writing with excessive shock value and gore, and it's clearly working.

All urls found in this thread:
http://ncode.syosetu.com/n2267be/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkEARg7OKew
http://pastebin.com/GbgUPSKZ
Logan Allen
Logan Allen

still the most enjoyable show this season...

Adam Mitchell
Adam Mitchell

There are """""""people"""""""""' on Sup Forums right now that are disliking Re:zero

Jason Edwards
Jason Edwards

I agree OP I feel like people only like this cause 'muh gore' and 'muh timeloop'

Jayden Collins
Jayden Collins

Hi secondary, You'll learn soon

Evan Cook
Evan Cook

The original material is better, I swear!
Everytime.

Colton Cruz
Colton Cruz

Calm down Lord Chillidog. Love doesnt always have to be in a romantic sense. Thats reserved for Emilia. The other is for friends and family, those you care for in general. Ram does NOT destroy the mansion. Subaru must reset the loop because he cares about them enough to leap to his death and thereafter make a damn difference.

Nathan Brown
Nathan Brown

Source material: LIGHT NOVEL

Caleb Wilson
Caleb Wilson

That's not Sakamoto

Angel Kelly
Angel Kelly

That's not Macross Δ.

Camden Thompson
Camden Thompson

He wants to save his killers because he worked a couple of days alongside them

How stupid is this guy and show

Aiden Miller
Aiden Miller

It DOES make sense. You just lack the deductive ability to identify it.

Joshua Lewis
Joshua Lewis

But they are CUTE
And CUTE girls are always to be protected!

EQUALITY

Nicholas Lee
Nicholas Lee

Why doesnt he leave the mansion on the first day?

He could avoid certain death and drama

Jeremiah Reyes
Jeremiah Reyes

That's not bread and lolis.

Benjamin Clark
Benjamin Clark

Since you're a filthy secondary I'll fill you in on the detail and spoil you mildly

He actually has crippling depression, from the get-go he calls himself an "ugly person" not to mention later on in the series he constantly calls himself trash, stupid, weak and useless. The more cheery and meme-spouting he is, that farther away he is from his actual personality.

While it is mostly for his father to blame, the reason why he is so happy and excited for the new world and why he is so clingy to the people around him was due to the fact its a new life and a fresh start. He can finally make a name for himself rather than live up to his father, not to mention they were the first people who treated him kindly, and a place he can call "home" a place of his own, basically, Subaru still loves them nonetheless. He felt detached thus his reasons for wanting to work so hard in this world and dying for others was to have a place where he could belong. He wanted to have something that was his and his alone that he could work for instead of being in the shadows of someone else. He has a chance. Could have been early in the story but I guess better late than never, right?

Jonathan King
Jonathan King

You seem to have made the mistake of picking up LN trash aimed at actual fucking retards, and falling for the bullshit the ESL-fags spew about how "this one is totally awesome and any plot hole and inconsistencies are totally accounted for in the spoilers of volume 19 that I don't understand but read on animesuki and shitpost about here anyways! If you don't like it you're a secondary!"

Never ever listen to ESL LNfags. They are the worst posters on this board.

Clearly the author's intention was to cover up his shoddy writing with excessive shock value and gore, and it's clearly working.
Very good, you figured out the empty hook the series uses to convince retards it has anything worth watching/reading. Now you can drop it.

David Rivera
David Rivera

The writing is brilliant. Re-read (no pun-intended) it if you dont understand.

Jeremiah Collins
Jeremiah Collins

I see you're seasonal NEET-pandering show.

Levi James
Levi James

You don't know what love is, do you? Just because you love your pets doesn't mean you gotta fuck them.

Carter Turner
Carter Turner

Hyper stupid

tfw the seiyuu is known for voicing the most questionably written LN MCs

Dammit

using LNfag logic as bait

Please don't

Hunter Ross
Hunter Ross

It's not romantic love, you faggot. And after this arc Ram will be mostly written out of the story.

Landon Gonzalez
Landon Gonzalez

Why doesnt he just go find his "new family" elsewhere?

Im pretty sure he could find some people who dont want to murder him

Christian Richardson
Christian Richardson

I call bait. There is no one this retarded in the world. 6/10

Benjamin Clark
Benjamin Clark

Subaru falls in love with his two killers who ruin his life and break his last shards of remaining sanity because they're cute maid waifus
He spent a lot of time with them and he enjoyed it. Plus, with the previous timeloop, he understood that Rem didn't want to kill him per say, more or less that she was obligated to do so.
he says his heart belongs to Emilia and literally 20 minutes later confesses his love to Ram and Rem because reasons
There can be different kinds of love. Just because you love one person doesn't mean you cannot treasure other people as well.
Ram attacks Subaru and destroys the mansion for no fucking reason and with absolutely zero proof because DRAMA
Dude ran away after being questioned regarding the sister's death and was obviously quite suspicious in their eyes (the very reason he was killed again and again until)
Subaru kills himself and vows to save Ram and Rem, the two people who are responsible for all his terrible and gruesome deaths and torture because what the fuck
See first answer, he came to like them and he decide to use his ability to do his best to save them.

If you don't understand, it might be because the timeloop creates a gap between Subaru's own feelings and the other characters' ones because he lived things like they didn't, which can make the development look rushed.

Brayden Torres
Brayden Torres

I like the show but I could interpret as he realized the maids arent the mastermind however that doesnt change the fuck they killed him before.

Nathaniel Phillips
Nathaniel Phillips

That didnt explain anything

Jose Foster
Jose Foster

Defending LN writing in bait form to fan the fires

defending LN writing unironically

Not sure which is worse

Robert Nguyen
Robert Nguyen

My condolensces. You must have failed the standard English course back in middle school. Because your reading comprehension is certainly sub-par.

Chase Richardson
Chase Richardson

Because he can't ignore people that showed him kindness for the first time in his life. Unless you're a psycho/sociopath.

Chase Moore
Chase Moore

Even though it was fake kindness?

Connor Martinez
Connor Martinez

Here come the LN shit eaters now

Kevin Lee
Kevin Lee

Its not a LN though, its a WN. A well written one at that.

Matthew Gonzalez
Matthew Gonzalez

Actually, the manga. Mangas are most usually my first.

Kevin Smith
Kevin Smith

Sure mang.

He's that lonely a NEET.

Christian Price
Christian Price

well written

lol

Logan Bailey
Logan Bailey

btfo

Noah Scott
Noah Scott

Who else would it be if it's not the maids? Roswaal?
Surely they wouldn't introduce a new character as the mastermind, because that would be fucking stupid.

Camden Cook
Camden Cook

That fake kindness turn to some real kindness soon.

Robert Wilson
Robert Wilson

gets the shit beaten out of him
muh Emilia-tan

I fucking hate this guy

Jacob Gutierrez
Jacob Gutierrez

I haven't read any of the source, but what I have gathered so far is that Subaru was a hikki before going to this world likely without any friends. He knows that if he plays his cards right, he can convince everyone at the mansion that he's not a suspicious dude, and he's motivated by the close bonds he's had with them because they are the closest thing he's ever had to having friends.

Matthew Wilson
Matthew Wilson

Depression and an inferiority complex does thing to people user.

Benjamin Allen
Benjamin Allen

Tip for anyone looking to avoid cancerous fanbases on Sup Forums for future series
Vocal LNfags praising like the next coming of Jesus and of course they will blame the studio and not the source material in case it turns out to be shit (like 95% of LN adaptations ever)

Dominic Carter
Dominic Carter

Retards. Retards everywhere.

Sebastian Roberts
Sebastian Roberts

You mean that fake kindness turns to real murder soon

Which it does, and he knows it

Ryan Campbell
Ryan Campbell

I am honestly baffled by the steadily decreasing level of literacy and ability to read context on this board. It's like you all are actually autistic and it's not just what you tell your social worker to get autismbux.

Subaru said he loves them, but it is in the same way you love a dear friend, or a family member. He only truly loves Emilia romantically. This actually becomes a problem for Rem later on when she falls for him.

Adam Jackson
Adam Jackson

See

Now tell me that isn't depth to character. Not to mention all of the other things this user left out.

Chase Nelson
Chase Nelson

I liked the loli with drills. She was nice enough sadly she doesnt seem part of his harem but good to know she was dependable enough.

Michael Cooper
Michael Cooper

Subaru said he loves them, but it is in the same way you love a dear friend, or a family member
He never said it like that

Hunter Roberts
Hunter Roberts

Re:Zero is the Grimgar of the season after all.

Sebastian Lee
Sebastian Lee

he's a suspicious guy if you actually thought about it

Hudson Gomez
Hudson Gomez

There is nothing wrong with finding your would-be killer(s) hot according to Big Order MC.
Guys love a challenge after all.

Camden Watson
Camden Watson

Thank you for not being a socially incompetent simpleton

Lucas Morris
Lucas Morris

He literally says that in the WN

Jose Lee
Jose Lee

Macross Alt-J?

Benjamin Hernandez
Benjamin Hernandez

You don't understand guys
They have a tragic backstory/trauma that explains all of their retarded choices and makes poor characterization ok!
Fucking love this meme. Never change, LNfags.

Hudson Robinson
Hudson Robinson

He just shouted "I love you guys!" If you were socally capable then you would see that that implied rooted friendship nd selfless care.

Jace Stewart
Jace Stewart

Literally Ieddit anime.

Lincoln James
Lincoln James

grimgar got some merits

re:zero is just fanservice, is more like sao

Aiden Walker
Aiden Walker

when someone has been treated like shit for their entire lives they're going to get attached to the first person who shows them kindness

Aaron Garcia
Aaron Garcia

So, why not lie about his powers and about his reasons to stay on the mansion?
I mean, he could say it was some kind of clairvoyance instead of respawn, and he could say that he was looking for Roswall and the knowledge in the library in order to get rid of the stench.

Jayden Jones
Jayden Jones

It's what he means. Have you never told your family that you love them? Are there no people in your life you honestly wouldn't grieve if they were to pass? To him Emilia is always #1, but he cares about others too.

Aiden White
Aiden White

Grimgar is boring shit, this is bad
But its entertaining at least

Ethan Young
Ethan Young

All choices are understandable. You just shit on it because "HEH LN GUYS" when it's not a LN originally.

Matthew Rivera
Matthew Rivera

You wouldn't? get the fuck off of Sup Forums

Cooper Russell
Cooper Russell

Not that simple either man. I suspect its his character too. He's very soft, very accepting. But vulnerable all the same. Just a good guy.

Camden Thomas
Camden Thomas

Only Sup Forums can gather enough autists that aren't able to distinguish love.

Caleb Watson
Caleb Watson

Anybody got the translation of Beatrice's reaction after Subaru commited suicide?

Jacob Evans
Jacob Evans

brilliant
are you fucking serious, the show is stupid, half of Subaru's actions don't make sense and the only reason he does this shit is cause he wants to bone Emilia who he only met for a brief time

Evan Smith
Evan Smith

This is what happens when you try to smash a bunch of routes together.

Nathaniel Evans
Nathaniel Evans

grimgar anime had very bad pacing and low budget

Carter Ortiz
Carter Ortiz

look at me being contrarian guys!

Ryan Hill
Ryan Hill

Unless you are an autist and can't understand empathy/social cues that should have been enough to explain his behavior

Josiah Sullivan
Josiah Sullivan

What's with all the praise for this episode not including from this obvious bait thread of course.

Oh wow. Suffering and edgyshit. Is this supposed to impress anybody?

Jayden Baker
Jayden Baker

Rem and Ram held his hands when he was having a nightmare

I guess that's why he decided to suicide. He noticed they weren't heartless people, they were simply being cautious of him because of his smell and not wanting anything to happen to the people they care for.

Elijah James
Elijah James

All choices are understandable
He's an emotionally crippled NEET (like me!) so him being a complete fucking retard and making poor decisions at every turn is ok
As long as he suddenly does a super badass sacrifice things and saves everyone at the end!
No, you're right though. Poor characters and characterization is totally fine if you cover it up with a sob story and label it as trauma.

Jonathan Campbell
Jonathan Campbell

They do, but it's not what you think. Seriously read the spoiler pasta if you can't wait a few weeks.

Leo Foster
Leo Foster

Subaru is unable to talk about specific information but is he allowed to talk about the fact that he can't talk?

Jaxon Nguyen
Jaxon Nguyen

1st people calling it the 2nd SAO and a Konosuba clone with an annoying MC
this episode hits
everyone jumps ship and starts calling it edgyshit

Never change, Sup Forums.

Tyler Miller
Tyler Miller

nice bait

Luke James
Luke James

I don't understand your post. Are you saying I'm (first post) full of shit? Because you obviously don't understand. There was not even once a single mark of sexual attraction between him and the maids. It's just one-sided friendship.

Charles Smith
Charles Smith

I am serious. You must be an autist. Hello, nice to meet you. Im Leroy Jenkins. Dont hurt yourself, okay?

Hudson Roberts
Hudson Roberts

story contains suffering and gore
instantly crowned edgy and darkness

Complaining just for the sake of complaining are we?

Angel Williams
Angel Williams

He says "俺はお前らを大好きだってことだよ!" in the last scene. "Suki" and "daisuki" can be used for friends, romantic partners, and other loved ones equally, which sometimes causes confusion, but clearly since "omaera" (you all) is plural, he's saying that he likes them as a family, not that he's going to be his dick into everyone.

Luis Hughes
Luis Hughes

Subaru needs to stop obsessing about cute girls and ask for more information about the damn witch.

Leo Gomez
Leo Gomez

Compared to this show's edge for the sake of edge?

Asher Sullivan
Asher Sullivan

look at me!
i can be like the epic youtube reviewers too!!!

David Morris
David Morris

Trust me man! Just read these epic incorrect spoilers and you'll understand why it's actually awesome!

Zachary James
Zachary James

mfw people in this thread don't know that Subaru is the main villain

Julian Bailey
Julian Bailey

b-but in the Light Novel!!
Overlord's LNfags were a lot less toxic, I miss those threads.

Aaron Baker
Aaron Baker

There's no point in dealing with retards like you. You'd claim the sky is green if it could allow you to stop being on the same side as "the other idiots".

Benjamin Morales
Benjamin Morales

Your mom and dad love you, you think they want to have sex with you too?

Love has more then one meaning.

Ryan Gonzalez
Ryan Gonzalez

this. it boggles my mind why some people don't understand this.

Isaac Morales
Isaac Morales

I thought that was Bakuon.

Christian Hughes
Christian Hughes

You must be an autist as well. We've all been saying that this isnt the sexual attraction type of love. It IS friendship. They care about him too. Read social cues man.

Angel Parker
Angel Parker

I rewatched this episode because I liked it so much.

Brayden Walker
Brayden Walker

Okay, so we are in accord, you must have just misread me or I must have been bad at expressing myself.

Bentley Garcia
Bentley Garcia

Subaru is the main villain
Im curious. Is that true? is for the witch they mentioned?

Charles Miller
Charles Miller

toxic
/cgl/

Joshua Robinson
Joshua Robinson

Im still wondering how this started. I started with the manga but nonetheless, I completely understand what went on. But this? How do misunderstanding like this occur?

David Baker
David Baker

muh opinion is different therefore you're autistic
not how it works user

Brody Ross
Brody Ross

literally asking to be spoiled

What the fuck is wrong with you

Michael Butler
Michael Butler

bunch of routes
This isn't a VN

David Lewis
David Lewis

Only a theory, people are assuming he will become one because he keeps absorbing the powers from the witch cult guys who are like super evil powers like corruption and such. He can't use then effectively though.

It will all really depend on if he becomes corrupted by said thing, or if he uses it for evil, which may never happen.

Brody Brooks
Brody Brooks

Autist = socially incompetent. Thank god for your reading skills.

Hunter James
Hunter James

And how would he explain that?
"I-I have to tell you something."
"Tell me what?"
"I.....can't tell you."
"Why?"
"I.....don't know."

Sounds believable.

Caleb Sullivan
Caleb Sullivan

All I'm going to say is. He isn't the hero of this series. Reinhardt is.

Ryder Foster
Ryder Foster

Please respond

Blake Baker
Blake Baker

I think you might have other problems besides being unable to understand a chinese cartoon.

Isaiah Mitchell
Isaiah Mitchell

Goddamn it, you're really brain-accepted and socially inept, aren't you?

Joseph Torres
Joseph Torres

Yep. The witch of envy is implied to be his fault

Juan Turner
Juan Turner

With how the WN is going and how he is like a pressure cooker about to burst. Its bound to happen.

Carson White
Carson White

And leave the killer to do what they want?

Austin Hernandez
Austin Hernandez

Emilia is out of the bowl?
Fucking dropped.

Jaxon Williams
Jaxon Williams

Right? It's been like a month max. I had roommates I care about less.

Carson Wood
Carson Wood

Why should he care about people who dont give a shit about him

Jeremiah Baker
Jeremiah Baker

The WN is translated right? I want to read it but I think the anime has been doing a pretty great job so far so I don't know whether to read it now or wait until it's over.

Lucas Turner
Lucas Turner

He didnt know on the first day (if you mean loop). He alsow ants to find the person resposible for it: "knowledge is power" (if you mean the literal first day).

Gabriel Turner
Gabriel Turner

They do though.

Eli Torres
Eli Torres

Can clownguy take on loli?

Ryder Flores
Ryder Flores

After arc 3 he is a special kind of crazy.

Gavin White
Gavin White

No, it's not

Joseph Adams
Joseph Adams

I swear everyone complaining about Subaru's resolve are fucking autistic. Can you not understand the respect he has for everyone in the mansion for helping him all of these times? He's a good person because he's not running away with his life still in tact but the mansion in shambles.

Blake Evans
Blake Evans

No, considering she got out.

Gabriel Nguyen
Gabriel Nguyen

This thread jesus guys.

Beatrice was pretty based this episode even if she is actually a giant magic caterpillar rather than a loli.

Lincoln Walker
Lincoln Walker

They're his killers because of a misunderstanding and him loving them so much fits in with his character.

Eli Evans
Eli Evans

Best loli > magical clown

Tyler Stewart
Tyler Stewart

"I am under a curse that prevents me from disclosing certain information. Do you have any information about spells which prevents from disclosing information and could you magically unravel it if possible?".

Brayden Phillips
Brayden Phillips

I dont think anyone would ruthlessly murder the person they care about

Noah Brown
Noah Brown

again not how it works
why don't you actually tell me a reason why this show is good as opposed to calling people autistic

Matthew Baker
Matthew Baker

Subaru is unable to talk about specific information

John Powell
John Powell

Doesn't she read his mind?
I don't think going into semantics would help.

Ian Nelson
Ian Nelson

It's how I show love

Jason Baker
Jason Baker

Sure, and then he dies because he said it.

Are you and me watching the same series user?

Jeremiah Allen
Jeremiah Allen

God no, its been hardly touched. Hence spoilers for this entire season

Kevin Rivera
Kevin Rivera

You really think you're going to jew your way out of a curse?

Carter Roberts
Carter Roberts

The problem here is not people calling the show good, but you calling the show bad because you can't understand basic social cues. That's why people are calling you an autist.

Camden Wood
Camden Wood

Do you actually watch/read this? They think he's a spy and one day one of them dies, what do you expect?

Ethan Robinson
Ethan Robinson

I mean after he got killed by blue maid.

Its not his problem anymore if he leaves
Why doesnt he leave the mansion?

Carson Brooks
Carson Brooks

Stop it, you're draining my IQ. Ive already explained it, and so have a handful of others. Please scroll up.

Ryder Fisher
Ryder Fisher

Shitposting aside, this was a pretty funny episode. Maybe because all the characters aren't worth giving two fucks about or if it's because of how overplayed the premise was but damn this had me busting my gut out of laughter.

Top comedy.

Levi Reed
Levi Reed

Emilia won the Subarubowl on day 1. Ram, Rem, Beatrice, Clown, and Reinhardt are fighting for who wins the Subaru spoon.

Puck is true heroine route though

Tyler Green
Tyler Green

but the show is bad why is that Subaru continues the route of death when he can easily go to a different route, his situation isn't fixed yet the show implies that it is and I doubt anyone would continue going on the route that kills them.

Carson Baker
Carson Baker

So the manga is the material that's farthest ahead translation wise? Ah well, I wanted a good read but guess I'll just stick to the anime.

Brody Thompson
Brody Thompson

We get it, you are different.
You aren't a simpleton like the rest of the people.
People like things? Psh, what plebs.

Sebastian Hall
Sebastian Hall

Fuck off Emilia is a vixen. Subaru and Rem would've gotten married if she didn't turn into a vegetable.

Andrew Reyes
Andrew Reyes

Thats what we've been explaining (but thank you for not being an incorrigable fag). It IS his problem, or to him at least. He cares about everyone in the mansion. He doesnt want them hurt, especially Emilia, whom of which we can deduct that the shaman is ultimately targeting. Thats why he intends to stay and stop the whoever is attempting to harm them. The maids only attack him because they suspect him to e resposnible, and a spy no less. A misunderstanding. A painful one too.

Dominic Martinez
Dominic Martinez

Shitposting aside, this was a pretty funny post. Maybe because of all the opinions that aren't worth giving two fucks about or because of how edgy it is but damn this had me busting my gut out of laughter.

Top comedy.

Joshua Price
Joshua Price

Yes, but the anime will surpass it in a matter of weeks.

lusting after the fucking daughter of the witch
Have fun with that

Jack Diaz
Jack Diaz

Well it was. Don't worry man, I'm still enjoying your overrated edgefest but just for different reasons. I won't go on an autistic tirade like the OP.

Christopher Lewis
Christopher Lewis

I don't think he meant that he loves her as a girlfriend...

Nathan Cruz
Nathan Cruz

The scene where he woke up from dying and saw Rem and Ram and started screaming with rainbows and shit all over the screen was way too fucking funny. I know it was unintentional but I couldn't help it.

Josiah King
Josiah King

Thank you

Nolan Perez
Nolan Perez

Explain. Delussional? rapist?

Nicholas Scott
Nicholas Scott

especially Emilia, whom of which we can deduct that the shaman is ultimately targeting

I understand now

I was probably just self-inserting too hard
Because i certainly wouldnt die countless times for others

Charles Williams
Charles Williams

You're welcome mate.

Zachary Stewart
Zachary Stewart

It literally happened. Read the AU chapters next time. Rem is literal waifu material with two children.

Do you know what happens when you take from a man who has nothing?

Dominic Adams
Dominic Adams

Subaru falls in love with his two killers who ruin his life and break his last shards of remaining sanity
break his last shards of remaining sanity

Who would have thought somebody sliding into insanity due to repeatedly dying horribly would not think too rationally?

Hudson Rodriguez
Hudson Rodriguez

I really don't understand what self-inserting is, I thought it was just focusing on empaphizing with the MC.

Austin Adams
Austin Adams

makes a few not-ideal choices
doesn't take the easy path
LOL RETARD WORST MC EVER
does everything perfect
never makes a mistake
GARY STU THIS IS LITERALLY SAO WISH FULFILLMENT BULL SHIT

Every time.

Sebastian Bailey
Sebastian Bailey

I enjoyed the Hikki-neato that leapt through time

BUT FUCKING END THE ARC ALREADY

Isaiah Jones
Isaiah Jones

Are there any better shows with a loop premise? I like the gimmick but none of the cast here are the least bit likeable.

Joseph Ward
Joseph Ward

Your going to love the later arcs

Angel Nguyen
Angel Nguyen

He carries the body of his comatose girlfriend everywhere he goes.

His only pillar of support is gone.Emilia left him and only come back after he redeemed himself.

Jackson Adams
Jackson Adams

Steins;Gate?

Dominic Davis
Dominic Davis

The opposite of empathy. Putting yourself in the MC shoes and going: "what would I do"? Instead of: "what would he do?".

Joshua Howard
Joshua Howard

Just wait. He shows alot of colors.

Luis Parker
Luis Parker

His face is beginning to scare people and give off a sense of dread.

Xavier Morris
Xavier Morris

Ah, I think I understand, it's kind of like people thinking about what they'd do if they won the lottery then.

Grayson Miller
Grayson Miller

EMT is best girl. Rem a close second.

Thomas Bell
Thomas Bell

Question

What the fuck AU means?

Thank you

Nicholas Turner
Nicholas Turner

Groundhog Day
All you Need is Kill

Evan James
Evan James

Can someone please explain to me why mc likes the two faced murderers?

Oliver Cooper
Oliver Cooper

Astronomical Unit. It's the distance between the Earth and the Sun, or 149,597,870.700 kilometers.

James James
James James

Alternate Universe.

Things that could've happened if one event didn't fuck him over.

Gabriel Perez
Gabriel Perez

See

Mason Garcia
Mason Garcia

They think he's the murderer.

Josiah Barnes
Josiah Barnes

hey guys. Look at my new t-shirt.

Adrian Gutierrez
Adrian Gutierrez

Anywhere for me to read the translated LN or WN?

I'm itching to read ahead and see where the story goes.

Gabriel Lee
Gabriel Lee

Trying to prove your innocence is quite a task

Justin Rodriguez
Justin Rodriguez

There are varying degrees of love, it is just that the english lenguage only has one word to describe them all.
Spanish lenguage has two and the elevens have three.

Asher Mitchell
Asher Mitchell

read
the
thread
This shit is gonna have be mandatory in OP's now.

Gavin Peterson
Gavin Peterson

OH SHIT

Jordan Reyes
Jordan Reyes

Due to licencing issues there has been no translations or most of them got taken down. Alot of companies and publishers want this series.

Julian Russell
Julian Russell

Was this skipped in the anime? They've been skipping his inner thoughts.

Andrew Ortiz
Andrew Ortiz

anime will end on a non-ending
s2 never
LN are trash and it will be two years by the time the localized versions get printed

I just want more suffering.

Bentley Nelson
Bentley Nelson

Shit, that sucks. All then spoilers in the thread have got me super hyped.

Oliver White
Oliver White

They've been skipping alot of his inner thoughts. Even in the WN his inner thoughts explain alot of shit.

Ryder Rodriguez
Ryder Rodriguez

Yen Press already has the license, first volume comes out in July

Isaiah Torres
Isaiah Torres

meh I feel like dropping it but I can't into moon so I can't read the wn

Jace Butler
Jace Butler

Here you go user. It's still unknown if these are actual timelines or are just possibilities that the world showed Subaru.

Beatrice cries when she realizes that Subaru really did kill himself. While muttering under her breath, tears fall out of her eyes as she is unable to believe that Subaru really is gone. Her mind basically shuts down.

As for Ram, she is also unable to make sense of what just happened. In her anger, she tries to question Beatrice but stops when she sees her crying on the ground near Subaru's body. The scene ends with Ram glaring at Subaru's dead body. She spits out a sigh while wondering out loud why Subaru confessed his love to her and Rem.

Liam Davis
Liam Davis

Have they shown the english cover? did they go full 3d like the S&W LNs?

Jace Barnes
Jace Barnes

Okay I can't get into the characters minds why would he want to save someone that killed him without hesitation? I assume he knows as much as the viewers at this point I can't seem to find the logic behind wanting to save the maids, she literally just killed him without a second thought

Eli Ramirez
Eli Ramirez

See

Joshua Thompson
Joshua Thompson

They think he's the murderer.

Levi Ortiz
Levi Ortiz

Rem is a horny slut

Tyler Nelson
Tyler Nelson

july
for volume 1

how often do they plan on releasing?

Henry Johnson
Henry Johnson

You hit the nail on the head.

Michael Young
Michael Young

I'm fine with skipping the inner monologue if they can play "show, don't tell" right
but if it's ends up like ufo's UBW, I prefer they include that

Parker Perry
Parker Perry

No that will happen next episode

Gavin Stewart
Gavin Stewart

it doesn't make you a psychopath/sociopath to reject strangers (that's what they are, they don't really know each other, they've known each other less than three weeks, the girls were faking liking him) that murdered you in cold blood several times

Jackson Young
Jackson Young

I wonder why a lot of things in the story involved death in some way or another, as if that's the only way to deal with something.

Haven't watched this show yet, but I just think that a lot of the deaths could have been avoidable.

Logan Hall
Logan Hall

Keyword "think". She killed him only "thinking" he's the murderer

Brayden Hughes
Brayden Hughes

His romantic love of basic bitch #1 doesn't make any sense either.

No matter how you slice it, this is just poorly written, and hilarious

Colton Cooper
Colton Cooper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkEARg7OKew

Kayden Scott
Kayden Scott

You don't even know.

Xavier Morales
Xavier Morales

Haven't watched this show yet
there's your problem

literally

Nicholas Sullivan
Nicholas Sullivan

ITT: LNfags in Damage control

Jayden Brown
Jayden Brown

Every 4 months like all their other LNs, volume 2 is scheduled for November

Michael Gutierrez
Michael Gutierrez

How do I get a loli magician to hold hands with me?

Jeremiah Sanchez
Jeremiah Sanchez

Killing someone because of a misunderstanding

Do you know how fucking stupid this is? There is no logical justification for killing someone when you have zero proof. All the characters act in such over exaggerated ways, it's the only way this guy can create conflict within his story. It's just shit writing.

For example : Hey you're a stranger standing in front of my house so I must not attempt to kill you for no reason.

Leo Nelson
Leo Nelson

They've been like this all day
/a/thread/141567197#p141574239

Literally all WN fags going "I told you so" to every other user.

Liam Edwards
Liam Edwards

LN

There's your problem. The source material isn't the LN.

Cooper Cox
Cooper Cox

Go to convenience store in the middle of the night
Buy some chips and ramen
Go outside
Blink
Find creepy clown man's mansion

Luke Gutierrez
Luke Gutierrez

PMMM

Jeremiah Watson
Jeremiah Watson

and you think people behave rationally? I have entire documents showing that they don't.

Jack Diaz
Jack Diaz

I busted a gut just reading this

Sebastian James
Sebastian James

I've read the manga at least. The gore started to become a great sleep aid.

Asher Torres
Asher Torres

ITT: Neckbeards sperging
Fixed.

Bentley Foster
Bentley Foster

This series is a comedy, right? Because all I do is laugh every episode at how silly it is.

Easton Kelly
Easton Kelly

Not Sakamoto
Not Train zombies
Remove yourself from the gene pool champ.

Owen Hill
Owen Hill

In other words, it's headcanon, right?

Luis Johnson
Luis Johnson

People have been doing that since the dawn of time. Are you seriously that sheltered and stupid?

Ian Thomas
Ian Thomas

/a/thread/141567197#p141577981

He has a book that tells him the future or something.

Sebastian Gray
Sebastian Gray

Here's the situation.
Subaru is treated as a failure because his father is incredibly talented and successful and Subaru is just average, if a bit dumb. People around him had unrealistic expectations for him, and he became a hikineet to hide from their expectations.
When Subaru came to this world, he saw it as a fresh opportunity and decided not to waste it, so he tried to be as outgoing as possible. Then he gets the curveball of dying painfully several times, making him emotionally weak.
Subaru is accepted by Emilia, Ram, Rem, Beatrice, and the Rape Clown, and they are the first time in his live that he has had a family that cared for him. When Ram and Rem kill him, he realizes that they killed him not out of malice but because they believed that he was evil, which is understandable since he reeks of evil witch.
Subaru is desperate for family and has decided to protect the Rosewaal household because they are the only people that have ever accepted him, however temporarily.

Adam White
Adam White

People behaving irrationally can work if it fits the setting, like if they were in a kill or be killed wasteland i wouldn't be surprised, but there we in a little hood, the whole thing is overblown and comedic at best.

Sebastian Hughes
Sebastian Hughes

Basically.

Jaxson Jones
Jaxson Jones

You refering to the AU chapter?

Asher Gomez
Asher Gomez

no, you don't understand, they held his hand one time. can't you see that they're hurting too?

that's why they tortured him to death twice because "well he was a bad guy maybe". the cucks that sympathize with the maids should fuckin kill themselves to save their waifus

Noah Nelson
Noah Nelson

I've been tempted to pick this up because its talked about a lot.

Is it worth it or is it just another meh show that Sup Forums can't shut up about?

Angel Phillips
Angel Phillips

To be honest the only thing I have seen in this thread is Rezerofags literally explaining the same things over and over again to autists that can't understal basic social cues and their only response is "lol, LNs are trash, u mad xd"

Gabriel Morales
Gabriel Morales

Wait, are you not taking the Witch's scent into factor?

Matthew Young
Matthew Young

Hey man, jeez. You can't expect any of the characters to act logically or with rhyme and reason behind their decisions, ok? They aren't perfect robots like you autsits want them to be. Just read the spoiles I found and animesuki and you'll understand why it actually all makes sense. You can't criticize a character's actions if there's a reason for them, because obviously a reason justifies any kind of execution within the story. Plus it's got epic suffering that makes it awesome.

Fucking secondaries.

Brandon Gray
Brandon Gray

Why do you keep copy and pasting this on YouTube?

Luke Bennett
Luke Bennett

asking for an opinion from Sup Forums
For fucks sake just try it and form your own.

Angel Perez
Angel Perez

Subaru is treated as a failure because his father

fuck off none of that shit happened

Anthony Myers
Anthony Myers

You know this is the most popular new show for Reddit and MAL right? They think the reset and edgy shit is making this the new SAO for grownups. Accept the fact most of Sup Forums have the same shit taste.

Colton Cook
Colton Cook

Yes.

Austin Sanchez
Austin Sanchez

This is how Sup Forums reacts to every form of LN, despite there being logic behind it. It's like talking to a brick wall.

Gabriel Green
Gabriel Green

it makes sense that people from the dawn of time would act irrationally, there was no formal society back in the day.

The people in this show have a basic sense of society and the ninja bitch that tried to kill him was shown to be a generally moral person, she isn't a sadistic killer just a loli, so it's comedic at best when you expect me to believe she wants to kill someone for standing near her home.

Blake Foster
Blake Foster

That's Kabaneri.

Joshua Wright
Joshua Wright

Avert ye eyes, child. Here be mental death and spiritual destruction.

Blake Rodriguez
Blake Rodriguez

Accept the fact most of Sup Forums have the same shit taste.
Nah, that's just the underage ESLfags.

Lucas Peterson
Lucas Peterson

You'd be surprised how much work it takes to have two children with an oni.

Landon Gomez
Landon Gomez

agree 100%

Asher Reed
Asher Reed

In that case I do know.

Ryder Rodriguez
Ryder Rodriguez

I hate that waiting game.

I also fucking hate how cheaply made are their books. I don't mind spending money on books, I do mind when in less than a year the fucking pages are already yellower than fucking books stored in my library for years

Caleb Green
Caleb Green

What people don't get is Rem didn't just try to kill him
She was interrogating him
She was hurting him and healing his wounds because she thought he was suspicious
she wasn't trying to kill him necessarily
Ram couldn't bear to see him suffering so she "kindly" killed him instead of letting Rem torture him

Jack Collins
Jack Collins

Several episodes ago they explained that the political situation in the country is extremely delicate and that Subaru was suspected to be a spy, that combined with the fact that the twins aren't right in the head led to the preventive killing of Subaru. Also, another thing to take into account is that they are living in a world where mercenaries are apparently a common thing (shown by Elsa) so their morals might be different from the ones from our world

Carson Lewis
Carson Lewis

If he reeks of evil witch, why didn't he take a bath?

The witch of Envy is the author's self-insert, isn't it?

Nathan Wood
Nathan Wood

Idk if this happened or not, but such a basic level of characterization should have been done in episode 1, that way i could at least sympathize with him when he claims to love people he literally just met, but as of now it's just laughably bad and cringe worthy when they make it seem like he has such deep bounds with all these shallow one note walking archetypes.

Nolan Perry
Nolan Perry

When you say ESL i think that competitive tournament

Colton Johnson
Colton Johnson

Will 25 episodes be enough for Witch-san's wild ride?

Matthew Garcia
Matthew Garcia

does that mean the author wants to fuck subaru?

Daniel Wright
Daniel Wright

Hello arnold jayeola

Juan Wood
Juan Wood

/v/

Caleb Harris
Caleb Harris

Part of me agrees that this should have been presented much earlier in the series, but at the same time Re:Zero is partially about subverting expectations.
Subaru is summoned into an alternate world but instead of being an OP gary stu he is useless and instead of having success spoonfed to him, he fails constantly.

Luis Johnson
Luis Johnson

Even then that's clearly not actual proof because two other characters still trust him apparently.

Honestly the whole thing was full of shit writing especially the beginning part where the blue bitch keeps him alive for an edgy torture scene cause she "needs" to question him, despite killing him multiple times previously.

Nathan Foster
Nathan Foster

Its headcannon for the author yes.

リゼロEX 『ナツキ・リゲル』

Here are one of the chapters the author wrote for the AU

Ian Murphy
Ian Murphy

says it's from the author
links fanfiction

Brody Jenkins
Brody Jenkins

So when Subaru becomes.......different. Does Betrice still like him?

Henry Ortiz
Henry Ortiz

For some reason I feel sad to know that

Christopher Reyes
Christopher Reyes

Fuck subverting expectations.
A good story would be appreciated because it's good, not because it subverts a lot of shit.

Luis Ross
Luis Ross

That's the fucking WN you dolt.

Lucas Parker
Lucas Parker

so I've read the pastebin but it didn't give many details on the betelgeuse torture, apparently he plays with rem's corpse but what exactly does he do?

Christian Martin
Christian Martin

everytime

Jaxon Jenkins
Jaxon Jenkins

Well it's pretty obvious, the guy who shows up out of nowhere saving your master acts like he knows you, talks weirdly, smells of witchery, and magically knows where everything is in the mansion, I wonder who could be the murderer.

Josiah Anderson
Josiah Anderson

Because "the smell" of the evil witch is something only those spiritually attuned can sense and it will not go away. It can only get stronger.

Kevin Young
Kevin Young

Botch Puck and Beatrice can only read surface thoughts and instinct. Which both people can hide. Which is also the reason why Rosewaal is such a cunt.

Tyler Morgan
Tyler Morgan

blah blah blah
the twins aren't right in the head

Here it is boys, when writing your shitty light novels make sure to claim that your characters are mentally retarded, cause this is a good enough excuse for casual fags.

Ryan Perez
Ryan Perez

next thing you're gonna tell me is subaru means pleiades or some trolly shit

Alexander Cook
Alexander Cook

Read the manga. Anime sucks.

Jonathan White
Jonathan White

Skins her alive and dismembers her

Julian Butler
Julian Butler

Arc 6 actually.

Adrian Lee
Adrian Lee

I agree, but there are better ways of presenting backstory than by infodumping.
Take the Catcher in the Rye for example, Holden's traumatic past is revealed slowly throughout the novel in monologues.
inb4 /lit/

Blake Cooper
Blake Cooper

pretty sure you mean /vg/

Isaac Barnes
Isaac Barnes

Honestly can't tell if you're baiting at this point.

Chase Bell
Chase Bell

despite killing him multiple times previously.
When? Subaru has died 2 times before this episode, and both were because of the curse

Isaiah Harris
Isaiah Harris

Skinning, dismemberment. While Subaru is forced to watch.

Josiah Clark
Josiah Clark

blah blah blah
casual fags
jesus christ you make me want to walk over to my neighbors house and smash their heads in with a shovel

Luis Russell
Luis Russell

Do you know how fucking stupid you are? Do you even pay attention while watching? All this makes complete and total sense.

Dominic Ortiz
Dominic Ortiz

That's it, you are just retarded.

Easton Baker
Easton Baker

When Subaru's arm got blown off, that was Rem.
He was dying of the curse of course, but Rem saw him sneaking in the hallway and decided to kill him I guess.

Thomas Sanchez
Thomas Sanchez

Author: Nagatsuki Tappei

What?

Nicholas Bell
Nicholas Bell

I drop it man, I can't take his indecisiveness. Worse than a harem protag.

Levi Hill
Levi Hill

True 96% of the times.

Chase White
Chase White

Really that's all the show has going for it, this is the same reason that the "edge" makes this shitty.

It's like happy tree friends, this nice cute generic anime art style and it suddenly gets all gorey, it's pretty jarring and entertaining at first.

That old web series Happy Tree friends did the same thing on a much more exaggerated scale.

And in the same vein this will get tried quick, just like akame ga kill in a few weeks expect even mal to be shitting on re:zero

Lucas Morgan
Lucas Morgan

Indecisiveness? He's pretty resolute in everything he does.

Camden Long
Camden Long

so she was dead during this right? Also what did subaru have to endure? Was he physically tortured or was it just watching her body played with.

Jaxson Wilson
Jaxson Wilson

indecisiveness

literally jumped off a cliff with no hesitation

Carson Lewis
Carson Lewis

Author: gray cat / Nagatsuki Tappei

Can you not read?

Asher Price
Asher Price

Surely they wouldn't introduce a new character as the mastermind

Oh, you.

Being a secondary myself, I can't help but laugh at your retardness. Just chill and watch the show, you faget. Or if you can't handle animu style once per week deposition, go into source material. Yeah, you'll totally bitch about this, but what is there that you don't bitch about? You seriously reek of underage and short attention span there mate.

Xavier Walker
Xavier Walker

She wasn't dead. Subaru has to endure the same fate, like the couple they are.

Angel Hall
Angel Hall

At the beginning of the episode she literally went from.

"don't move so i can kill you quickly."
to
"I'm healing you because i want to question you."

WELL WHICH IS IT JAMJON??

Anyways it's just pretty incoherent.

James Gray
James Gray

How does Subaru's plan make any sense? Even if he dies, the reality he left will continue to exist. From Rem's perspective, it's like this
sister dies
get angry at Subaru
Subaru kills himself
why did he do that I'm confus
Rem has to keep living life where sister died
Literally the only person Subaru is satisfying is himself.

Joseph Richardson
Joseph Richardson

Except he doesn't know that until later on in the series.

Julian King
Julian King

AgK was shit because characters were presented for the sole purpose of being killed chapters later.
Akame ga Kill wasn't bad because it was edgy, it was bad because it was a poorly written tragedy.

Re:zero is dark, but it's not as poorly written as people in these threads would have you believe.

Nathaniel Hernandez
Nathaniel Hernandez

I always forget that Sup Forums is full of people who are literally autistic.

Jace Jackson
Jace Jackson

I don't think it works like that.

Liam Russell
Liam Russell

9gag

Anthony Davis
Anthony Davis

There is no proof that the timelines in which Subaru dies continue to exist.
I mean, someone brings out the possibility later on and even shows him what might have been the people from that timeline's reactions to his death, but in the end it's never stated if this is legit or just some other way to make Subaru feel like shit.
Not like it stops him from feeling guilty anyway.

Hudson Torres
Hudson Torres

Do Beatrice remember things after his deaths? Or does it just seem that way based on their conversations? They just seem more and more chummy after each death.

Parker Brown
Parker Brown

Literally OW, the edge in anime form.

Lucas Morales
Lucas Morales

what is multiple realities
This is a physical fact

Jack Phillips
Jack Phillips

WN
Written by the author of the series himself
Thinks its fanfiction

I cannot believe that someone can actually be this retarded.

Henry Jenkins
Henry Jenkins

It's not til later that the possibility of the timelines continuing after he dies even comes up and the character who shows him how a couple would have panned out doesn't even know for sure if they actually do continue to exist or if it's just a calculation of what would have happened.

Austin Green
Austin Green

find volume 2 somewhere but its password protected

Fug

Leo Fisher
Leo Fisher

As far as I know, she does not. She acts chummier with him as time goes on because even though she's pretty tsundere about it, she is a good person who presumably gets along best with people who are friendly with her. Subaru acts chummier and chummier with her each life, so she's nicer too, even though she acts annoyed.

Luis Hall
Luis Hall

Literally /v/, the post

Adrian Murphy
Adrian Murphy

9fag

Daniel Perez
Daniel Perez

It's magic dude.
It's possible Subaru's curse doesn't rewind time but rather destroys reality as a whole and rebuilds it just as it was when he reached a checkpoint.

Ethan Smith
Ethan Smith

She doesn't remember.

She can read the surface thoughts and feelings of people though, so she could start getting nicer and nicer because he keeps getting worse and worse. I don't actually know if this is true though.

Logan Hill
Logan Hill

You know, for a board that claims to hate reddit, MAL and tumblr, you guys seem to spend a shitload of time on it. Perhaps you should go back there.

Brayden Barnes
Brayden Barnes

I'm astounded by the levels of autism we've attracted today.

Dylan Jones
Dylan Jones

I hope Subaru meets someone who can read other people's mind, just for he/she to read his mind and give the poor fucker a hug.

Carter Torres
Carter Torres

mind read
counts as saying it
dies

Jaxon Smith
Jaxon Smith

Subaru should really start carrying around a vial of painless poison to respawn whenever he needs to.

Nathan Sanders
Nathan Sanders

(you)

Nolan Jackson
Nolan Jackson

There was no murder when he was dying of curse searching for help and the bitch killed him.

Nathan Stewart
Nathan Stewart

He doesn't die from talking about his powers, he just suffers excruciating pain and if he manages to overcome it then the curse kills whoever he told about it.

Julian James
Julian James

I have read the pastebin.
It is emotional guro.
Why do you want to endure it?

Isaiah Carter
Isaiah Carter

What if the witch of envy is the friends subaru made along the way.

Luis Lopez
Luis Lopez

Something must be up, how would she come to his room and make that contract just like that if not?

Caleb Thompson
Caleb Thompson

link to pastebin?

John Ward
John Ward

implying it wasn't the table leg

Wyatt Rivera
Wyatt Rivera

Subaru falls in love with his two killers
And that's where I stopped reading your retardation. There is such a thing as nonromantic love.

Austin Thompson
Austin Thompson

subverting expectations.
That's all it has just like Akame ga Kill only has shitty edgy deaths.

Cooper Barnes
Cooper Barnes

He wants to save his killers because he worked a couple of days alongside them
How stupid is this guy and show

he willingly got himself disemboweled and wasted 3 more loops dying in various gruesome ways just to fuck a half-elf. And you're asking this question?

this dude makes all his decisions from the crotch

If he wasn't so "shounen" about how he did it, I'd be willing to give him some credit. but the reality is he's just Naruto, only instead of wanting to become the hokage, he wants to stick his dick into the pussy.

Dominic Martinez
Dominic Martinez

http://pastebin.com/GbgUPSKZ

It's a VERY short summary of the story so far.

Robert Jenkins
Robert Jenkins

He learns how to push her buttons. Basically one threat that he will complain to Puck and she will coperate.

David Ross
David Ross

tfw got through Yamette's password by randomly guessing

Fuck you guys I don't need your help.

Luis White
Luis White

he spent ten days with the maid sisters at most

this series was intriguing at the beginning but has gone to shit since the mansion bit started

Ryder Bennett
Ryder Bennett

Mr. suspicious who smells of witch makes a racket in the middle of the night and tries to make his way to Emilia's room.
Ram and Rem are extremely suspicious of intruders, so they assume he's making his move to kill Emilia.

Colton Robinson
Colton Robinson

Are you retarded?

Julian Bell
Julian Bell

He actually has crippling depression, from the get-go he calls himself an "ugly person" not to mention later on in the series he constantly calls himself trash, stupid, weak and useless. The more cheery and meme-spouting he is, that farther away he is from his actual personality.

this MEME has to die. He does not have crippling depression. He has low self esteem. and they are not the same thing. If he had crippling depression he'd have no interest in himself or others, no motivation and no energy.

Sebastian Kelly
Sebastian Kelly

Yeah, except he was more interested on asking Emilia to give him her name than fuck her.
Actually, the guy has shown no lust whatsoever so far, and instead seems to wish for more romantic and innocent shit.

Asher Cox
Asher Cox

The amount of illiterate retards in this thread is amazing. It's just as bad as those guys that think the MC of Flying Witch is the guy

Carson Sanders
Carson Sanders

Pretty sure this was deemed as false and he's just killed on the spot.

I could be wrong though.

Gabriel Davis
Gabriel Davis

No you retard this MC is the autist because he behaves outside of what a normal human would do.

Isaiah Gutierrez
Isaiah Gutierrez

He's an emotionally unstable person that, seeing their good side in other loops, can't accept at face value it was all lies. The crushing emotional pressure manifests in exaggerated feelings, but the base of "I want to be accepted by them" was there since the beginning. Trying to run is futile (spoiler reasons), though I think he should've tried doing that earlier.

Though I guess it does't make sense if you just treat him as an average guy strolling across the park.

Jaxson Robinson
Jaxson Robinson

why did the pink one want to kill him all of a sudden

he didn't even do anything in this incarnation

Oliver Hall
Oliver Hall

He actually does die and gets killed on the spot. Crushing a person's heart does that.

Ryder Lopez
Ryder Lopez

What was it?

Ethan Mitchell
Ethan Mitchell

Does Subaru ever comment on Emilia's vintage elf ears that didn't come straight out of Lodoss?

Matthew Walker
Matthew Walker

nigga suddenly shows up
smells like witch juice
sister who was totally fine dies suddenly of some sort of curse

I don't know man, seems pretty reasonable to me.

Brayden Wood
Brayden Wood

Some random guy joins the mansion
They assume he's a spy
Her sister dies the next day.

Gee I wonder why?

Austin Smith
Austin Smith

would you fuck rem's dead body?

Oliver Cruz
Oliver Cruz

Theres nothing posted there yet, but the PW is best girl's name.

James Smith
James Smith

I swear the people we're arguing with have brain problems.

Evan Martinez
Evan Martinez

Hey you retards, why in all fucks should he give a single fuck about people who literally just kill him without any remorse. It's just retarded.

Xavier Lopez
Xavier Lopez

He was throwing a fit in the middle of the night
They both come to comfort him while EMT snoozes her troubles away
Rem dies later
No wonder.

Eli Foster
Eli Foster

it was three days later and he stayed in bed most of that time but ok

Carson Campbell
Carson Campbell

How doesn't it? Do you not fall in love with basic bitches because you find them attractive and cute?

Eli Cox
Eli Cox

Neato! Thanks, bud.

Owen Powell
Owen Powell

It was clearly obvious that he was in pain and searching for help, not sneaking around.

Anyway, returning to the anon's post
Why would he help people who killed him instead of incapacitating him only because of some retarded "suspicion"? It clearly shows that they don't care about him.

Only later they suddenly care enough to hold his hand when having nightmares.

Don't get me wrong, I like the show, but it does make some stupid mistakes. Maybe it could be explained if the girls really were retarded in-universe.

Justin Foster
Justin Foster

See

For fucks sakes people just lurk more.

Brandon Edwards
Brandon Edwards

how long will they drag this shit?

Easton Myers
Easton Myers

Up to Volume 6.

Lincoln Adams
Lincoln Adams

suddenly
They showed a montage of flashbacks proving Rem was telling a big lie about not caring for Subaru in this very episode.

Henry Price
Henry Price

So, based on the manga we knew it was Ram that decided to carve out Toyota's throat as a mercy killing or whatever this loop.

But I thought Rem was the one to off his leg. Apparently that was Ram too?

Henry Clark
Henry Clark

The sister dies because of Rosewall, why is Rose being an asshole. Is it some act?

Adam Nguyen
Adam Nguyen

No, Rem took off his leg, Ram was the one who mercy killed him.

Gavin Morris
Gavin Morris

They both come to comfort him

Seems pretty out of place considering how suspicious she is later and what happens in other timelines. They should hate him because he reeks of witches, not comfort him.

Anthony Phillips
Anthony Phillips

Is Subaru Jacking off?

Liam Rogers
Liam Rogers

/v/

Nathaniel Myers
Nathaniel Myers

She didn't want his gigantic clown cock, she was dead to him.

Wyatt James
Wyatt James

That makes no fucking sense though. This people just fucking killed him, whatever shitty kindness they showed early means nothing compared to his life.

Samuel Williams
Samuel Williams

Way to post a fucking fanfic, wheres the real story jackass

Gabriel Phillips
Gabriel Phillips

Actually they hold his hand when he was having nightmares, and that was moments after his reincarnation

Christian Carter
Christian Carter

holy fuck are you people retarded

John Nguyen
John Nguyen

He didn't do anything at all in that timeline besides sleep and cry like a loser. Even they lowered their guard around him because of how little he did.

Gabriel Jackson
Gabriel Jackson

Im sure after being killed several times it becomes slightly less serious an issue and can be more easily forgiven.

Angel Kelly
Angel Kelly

Suddenly, as compared to killing him earlier just for scent and dying in the middle of hallway.

Rem was telling a big lie about not caring for Subaru
Also doesn't make sense, she didn't interact with him this time.

Christian Thomas
Christian Thomas

He has this weird kind of mentality, where he doesn't want to die but is willing to throw his life away for a bag of chips. Like a man who is I dunno, depressed?

Liam Carter
Liam Carter

he didn't fly well now did he?

Lincoln Hernandez
Lincoln Hernandez

You are so funny, user

David Adams
David Adams

Every week these threads just get worse and worse.

Connor Harris
Connor Harris

if I say I'm the author it must be true
being this retarded

Zachary Sullivan
Zachary Sullivan

Because

Also doesn't make sense, she didn't interact with him this time.
She held his hand to comfort him when he was having a bad dream.

Liam Anderson
Liam Anderson

Literally a thread full of newfags.

Aaron Moore
Aaron Moore

people should stop masterbaiting

Chase Gray
Chase Gray

Yeah this show attracts fucking cancerous fans.

Juan Turner
Juan Turner

It' so damn hard to talk to people who are literal mental brick walls. Why the hell does this always happen when an episode airs?

Jeremiah Reed
Jeremiah Reed

Shit shows always attract shitty fans.

Gavin Roberts
Gavin Roberts

pretty much this, the author starter writing this as a hobby and never expected it to blow up, there was never any overarching ideas for the story it was literally made up as he went along. There's an excessive amount of plot devices being used to pull the author out of the corners he writes himself into.

Chase Hill
Chase Hill

I know that it was other reincarnation, I just mean that their character goes from

kill a guy I know that is likeable and clearly in pain and dying and seeking help because he smells bad

to

hold hand of literally who (that reeks even more in this reincarnation) because he's having nightmares

Pretty fucking inconsistent (no way to pretend it was character development as there was a reset in between).

Don't take it as an attack on the show, I also quite like it, but you faggots that pretend that everything makes perfect sense are seriously retarded. No show is flawless and you fanboys pretending that this one is only incite people to shitpost.

Jacob Lewis
Jacob Lewis

Yeah I love my siblings but that's cause i've known them forever, sabara met this generic hoes for like a week and all they did was shit talk him and he loves them..pfft...sure

Talk about a self insert, you low lifes can't even comprehend how overblown that is

Eli Reyes
Eli Reyes

In the show his leg was very clearly taken off by wind magic - which Ram later uses to off him.

Rem doesn't use wind magic, Ram does. In the Managua it looks like Rem's the one who takes his leg off.

Either way Ram's even more of a shit in my mind now.

Alexander Russell
Alexander Russell

You and I both know 大好き isn't 'platonic love'.

Robert Walker
Robert Walker

managua

Liam Bell
Liam Bell

It's "sexual love".

Luis Gonzalez
Luis Gonzalez

You seem to forget that the time they hunted his ass down he was sitting and scoping out the mansion like a creep.

Thomas Martinez
Thomas Martinez

I dunno he got some superhuman distance off of that.

Brody Jackson
Brody Jackson

Witch doujins when?

Brody Hill
Brody Hill

Exactly. Yes, Subaru loves Rem and Ram, and got NTR'd by clown cock for the latter before he even had a chance to begin.

Isaiah Martin
Isaiah Martin

I know you're like 12 user but let me walk you though this.

The only reason he is going for any kind of interaction with emillia is cause he wants to fuck her.

He wants her name
So he can get closer to her
So she can fall in love with him
So he can fuck her.

This is literally the only reason why there is any kind of plot or conflict in this story at all what so ever.

Justin Diaz
Justin Diaz

So 3 of the 4 first girls we're introduced to and the mc interacts with he falls in love with. This series is written so great right guise?

Jonathan Sanchez
Jonathan Sanchez

Why would they do that if he reeks evil so much?

Joshua Cook
Joshua Cook

Your point being?

Josiah Perez
Josiah Perez

pretty much this, the author starter writing this as a hobby

Source? Link to the interviews or videos where he said this?

Because I'm reading Arc 4 now, and if he's just winging this, I'm not incline to waste my time reading this and just drop it.

Adam Collins
Adam Collins

This is the erased of this season.

Levi Baker
Levi Baker

Pretty fucking inconsistent
You're the inconsistent idiot who're unable to notice small details. Go watch it again, idiot.

Gavin Nelson
Gavin Nelson

Congrats, I have rikaisama too.

James Myers
James Myers

God no.

Connor Hughes
Connor Hughes

Imagine the shadow hand curse thing shows up, and just gives him a handjob.

Fug Satella pls

James Sullivan
James Sullivan

muh intellectual chinese cartoons
everytime

Jonathan Roberts
Jonathan Roberts

sitting and scoping out the mansion like a creep
It was 3rd life

I obviously mean second life.
clearly in pain and dying and seeking help

He was being a good little bitch boy and then suddenly curse, trying to find help, stupid bitches kill him. No way to think he was sneaking, he was barely able to move, it was clear he was ill.

Aiden Torres
Aiden Torres

Are you fucking retarded? If it's not on the anime ITS DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER FAGGOT, what are you even trying to prove? That you read the source material? OH user SO SMART

Wyatt Williams
Wyatt Williams

So did Emilia name herself as Satella because he was covered in witch stank?

Sebastian Lopez
Sebastian Lopez

what is it about this show that makes the fans defend it as much as SAOfags?

Juan Robinson
Juan Robinson

(you)

Henry Campbell
Henry Campbell

Not the guy, but the evil witch scent thing irritates me to no end. You can't do anything about it and you're fucked because of it.

It just makes his struggles somewhat artificial because he has a literal fuckup magnet as his perfume.

Joseph Rodriguez
Joseph Rodriguez

Didn't he get fucked up in second life cause Clown man was suspicious as fuck and then he started wandering around the mansion in the middle of the night?

Anthony Gray
Anthony Gray

It will be. That's why I said I'd spoil you mildly. Arc 2 and 3 it will start showing.

Caleb Thomas
Caleb Thomas

Direct response to people who hate it for no real reason.

Gavin Edwards
Gavin Edwards

No one said this anime is intellectual, they are saying you are too stupid to understand a simple anime

Blake Cook
Blake Cook

I wish that happened. Just cumming in the middle of something important and the chaos ensures

Ethan Perry
Ethan Perry

Retards keep pouring in and spouting nonsense, the fans are refuting that nonsense.

Brandon Lee
Brandon Lee

It was to scare him off because he was holding her back and she didn't want to tell him to fuck off

Christian Jenkins
Christian Jenkins

This argument would work if the anime is already finished, which is not.

Michael Wood
Michael Wood

This happens in threads for almost every show. Every show now must be attacked. It's just the way it is therefore people will defend it, regardless of quality or not.

Connor Lewis
Connor Lewis

Only retards defend it like this kid

Ryder Ross
Ryder Ross

Finally, more people are agreeing that the MC is a complete idiot. Not even Luffy is this stupid.

Beatrice and Elsa have carried the show so far for me.

Jordan Lewis
Jordan Lewis

You're the inconsistent idiot
It's pretty clear that you don't know what inconsistent means. I'm not gonna argue with ESL retard that can't make another argument than
rewatch it

Jacob Sullivan
Jacob Sullivan

/v/

Joseph Reed
Joseph Reed

Ah that makes sense, guess she is a bit ditzy to try to feel someone out that way.

Carson Harris
Carson Harris

The people that are "arguing" against the anime are just fucking retarded.
I'm not even a fan, this is actually the first time I came into a thread of this anime.

Eli Lee
Eli Lee

He was clearly sick.

How would Rem see this? She was clearly walking toward him from the front, given where the attack came from.

From her perspective, he'd look like someone took advantage of the situation to stalk around the mansion.

Christopher Butler
Christopher Butler

LNfags will defend their series to the death, no matter how dumb the plot. They almost rival Type-Moonfags in their autism.

Robert Morales
Robert Morales

Oh English is your first language? Good. Now learn to watch a simple anime properly.

Carter Reed
Carter Reed

Subaru's voice actor even said that the character is an idiot. There's a difference between a character being an idiot and being a shitty character though.

Bentley Watson
Bentley Watson

not sure about others but i feel like this show is aimed for masochist and since im a pretty big masochist, i like it a lot. i guess a part of being a masochist is go to Sup Forums and defend the show and revel in the torture of explaining to other people that dont get the show.

Aaron Foster
Aaron Foster

Because manga is the absolute highest form of art, right? Most LN's are shit, that is correct, but don't instantly delegate everything from a format to "shit".

Eli Harris
Eli Harris

I can't fucking imagine how Sup Forums would react if SEL were to air nowadays if they can't even understand a WN adaptation

Jaxson Collins
Jaxson Collins

clearly in pain and dying and seeking help
is not equal to
wandering around the mansion in the middle of the night

Cameron Harris
Cameron Harris

"They dump a reason that consists of trauma on you half way through the story" doesn't excuse stupid character and unimaginative situations. That's bad writing.

Samuel Lopez
Samuel Lopez

It's not just this one, though it's particularly bad here, it happens pretty often with LNfags in general. What funny is that all of them think that their specific LN is somehow better than all the other LNtrash.

William Rivera
William Rivera

Comparing a shitty LN to SEL
Let me explain something to you, you fucking idiot. People saying "The character's reasoning for acting this way is stupid" doesn't mean they can't follow the story and don't understand it. You're approaching TTGLfag and Evafag levels of stupid with that "You just didn't get it!" shit right now.

Sebastian Brooks
Sebastian Brooks

Would you rather it be dumped right at the beginning? It has to be shown one way or another, and I'd rather not wait three fucking seasons of a show just to learn about the MC.

Gabriel Ramirez
Gabriel Ramirez

/v/

Easton Robinson
Easton Robinson

see ep 5 ~23:40-24:00
Yeah surely this vomiting guy that can barely stand is sneaking around trying to kill as in our sleep. Better quickly kill him.

Henry Harris
Henry Harris

Actually it does if said trauma is hinted throughout the story

Zachary Flores
Zachary Flores

I'd rather not every LN have one or two characters who act retarded until half way through they tell someone "Well you see, when I was X years old, this happened, and..." and then suddenly the bad writing is ok becuase they have trauma. Sticking them with trauma isn't an excuse to write a bad character, and LNs need to stop that shit. There are a million other ways to do characterization and buildup, and this kind is fucking horrible.

Brandon Miller
Brandon Miller

the worst part is repressed trauma

Jose Campbell
Jose Campbell

I don't know what you're talking about. All I'm saying is that LNfags like to argue over nothing.

Jack Evans
Jack Evans

So the usual fat otaku NEET fantasy. Surprise?

Xavier Lewis
Xavier Lewis

Well, when you cut as much character interaction as possible to fit a loop in an episode, shit like this is bound to happen.

Jack Morgan
Jack Morgan

There was no vomit during those seconds.

Logan Brown
Logan Brown

Because people are hating on the series for god knows what reason and people who are defending it like this user as well as many others just get shit-flinged at with comments saying its just another wish-fufillment and SAO clone even though the people who actually read the series know it's the exact opposite of that.

Not to mention the problem is that people who blindly hate on it insist that it's just yet another of those dude goes to a fantasy world series and never bother looking up more info about it, which annoys people who enjoy the series enough to know it isn't as simple as that.

William Brown
William Brown

He acts like a reckless retard so it's hinted at!
You wouldn't know foreshadowing if it bit you in the ass.

The worst part is when the trauma is over something ridiculous and it creates an even more ridiculous hangup that becomes the sole driving force behind stopping the plot from actually progressing.
That's character development!
I fucking hate those retards.

All I'm saying is that LNfags like to argue over nothing.
They like to argue over their super special source being better than the rest.

Ethan Smith
Ethan Smith

bad writing
Is this how you justify something you don't like? Are you a professional writer? Better yet, are you involved in the Japanese WN/LN industry? You sound like you know so much about something you're not involved with, please tell me more.

Colton Diaz
Colton Diaz

So this guy did nothing wrong?

Leo Cook
Leo Cook

For starters I'm not comparing SEL to Re:zero, so you may want to reflect on that. Also Subaru's acting has been explained countless times in this thread and for some reason you people still can't seem to understand it. I'm not saying this anime is deep, I'm saying you guys are literal autists.

Jackson Lewis
Jackson Lewis

Does he even do anything wrong? What's with that one page of him and Subaru both making a creepy face? Is it a prank?

Gavin Young
Gavin Young

insist that it's just yet another of those dude goes to a fantasy world series
explain in any fucking way how this isn't

Austin Cook
Austin Cook

I've also seen people who don't resort to that.
They have read the thing and considered it shit.

Seriously though, what's the point of a story that has been going on for several life cycles and few checkpoints without that much overall story progress?

Landon Garcia
Landon Garcia

Okay nauseous and barely holding vomit. I concede this one.

Henry Campbell
Henry Campbell

are you involved in the Japanese WN/LN industry
No, unfortunately I have an IQ in the triple digits which automatically disqualifies me from that.

For starters I'm not comparing SEL to Re:zero, so you may want to reflect on that
Actually, you are, you fucking idiot. By insinuating that people are misinterpretting the actions of this character as opposed to just criticizing them, you're placing both of them on the level of "characters and stories people to think about to understand because there's more to it than it seems."
If you don't gobble up shit writing faster than I gobble up semen then you're an autist
Great post user, saying "we explained it!" over and over again totally means it's not shit.

Christopher Morgan
Christopher Morgan

Daily reminder that this anime is being targeted by IRC. Really speaks a lot about these past few threads.

Aaron Mitchell
Aaron Mitchell

You wouldn't know foreshadowing if it bit you in the ass.
That's not an argument, mate.
It was already hinted that Subaru has low self-esteem and his weird actions finally are revealed to be the consecuences of his family being disappointed and him wanting to start a good life in that world

Adrian Butler
Adrian Butler

You only need to scroll up. Holy fuck. You an an entire thread dedicated to refuting that argument.

Evan Nguyen
Evan Nguyen

How can people enjoy this fujobait?

Samuel Cox
Samuel Cox

I have an IQ in the triple digits which automatically disqualifies me from that
Evidently not so.

Dylan Evans
Dylan Evans

ClownxSubaru best pairing.

Logan Butler
Logan Butler

It was already hinted that Subaru has low self-esteem
No, never. Shut the fuck up and stop doing doing mental gymnastics to defend your garbage.

Carter Wilson
Carter Wilson

frodos will never be able to enjoy some comfy edge

Cooper Ortiz
Cooper Ortiz

Can't stop the clown cock.

Austin Murphy
Austin Murphy

Hindsight and confirmation bias mean the foreshadowing was there and done properly
Again, "acts like a reckless idiot" isn't proper foreshadowing for generic feelings of worthlessness. It's shit writing. The ones who've yet to make a real argument are the idiots pretending his character isn't shit.

Great post user, you keep telling them how people just don't understand your garbage LN of the month aimed at idiot Jap teenagers.

Cameron Sullivan
Cameron Sullivan

This guy is clearly trying to do some shady shit. See this face of pure malice, that's the look of professional assassin if I ever saw one. Better off him just in case.

Brilliant. At least I won't be sad when the bad shit happens to the twins.

James Jackson
James Jackson

did he leapt through time?

Wyatt Phillips
Wyatt Phillips

shits on the bad characterization
shits on it when they expand the characters

kill yourself my man

Asher Howard
Asher Howard

One volume, probably. Many volumes? Nah. There are more things to spend on that watching a guy die more times than a complete idiot playing Contra.
I bet his cock looks funny.

Nicholas Price
Nicholas Price

Only time in life to feel good to be chink.

Luis Cooper
Luis Cooper

still using buzzwords

Lincoln Jenkins
Lincoln Jenkins

This is what SAOfaggots moved on to, of course it turns into the next shit. Until it becomes mainstream enough to show on Netflix, then they will hate on it,

Jacob Carter
Jacob Carter

Muh IRC boogeyman

It's like I'm stuck in an endless recursion of time.

Isaiah Wright
Isaiah Wright

Write a shit character
Half way through add in a sad back story
Call it character development
It's ok, one day you might read something that isn't shit.

Zachary Green
Zachary Green

read more

Landon Wright
Landon Wright

Hi, Nagi. Are you and your cronies looking to shit up these threads as much as the KLK threads?

David Martinez
David Martinez

Please inform me of a piece of writing where a character is 100% characterized in their first appearance.

Josiah Myers
Josiah Myers

Subaru learns how to read and write in ~10 days

Is he a genius?

Blake Long
Blake Long

Actually, you are, you fucking idiot.
No, I'm not. What I meant to imply was that if anons can't understand this simple (emphasis on this word) anime then I wonder how this board would react to an actually thought-provoking anime. I can't believe I'm explaining this shit.

Alexander Baker
Alexander Baker

There are people who think IRC shit up the KLK threads and not the giant wave of offboard retards
Holy shit, LNfags are a special kind of retarded.

Justin Kelly
Justin Kelly

halfway through, expand on a character
are you calling gravity's rainbow shit?

Julian Stewart
Julian Stewart

can someone confirm: the witch is emilia?

Sebastian Rogers
Sebastian Rogers

muh conspiracy theories
JET FUEL CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS

Hunter Kelly
Hunter Kelly

Lurk more.

Hunter Wood
Hunter Wood

He clearly already knows the language and it sounds like he just learned the equivalent of hiragana/katakana in that time. Could be at most 100 characters. Not unreasonable.

Logan Reed
Logan Reed

Nice response.

Hudson Bennett
Hudson Bennett

Train zombies

That's not good

Zachary Rodriguez
Zachary Rodriguez

No, fortunately I have an IQ in the triple digits which automatically disqualifies me from that.

Parker Sanders
Parker Sanders

That's not character development, that's called a background and that serves the purpose of explaining a character's actions

Nolan Morris
Nolan Morris

Well I learned hiragana and katakana over the weekend, so I guess I'm a genius too. For motivated adults it's pretty easy to learn an alphabet, unless it's kanji.

Nathan Adams
Nathan Adams

100% characterized in their first appearance.
That's what you took away? Shouldn't have expected any more.

Yes you are, you fucking idiot. I know what you think you're saying, but there's no misunderstanding of Re:Zero's characters at all. You're pretending that there's something TO misunderstand and by confused at in this stupid show, and that people are tripping up over a simple level show, and that they'd lose their minds over SEL. This is wrong. This isn't a show with similar types of complex story telling and thematic development but on a smaller scale, it's just garbage written for idiots that are defending any criticisms of it by saying "You simply don't understand it!" as if it's some magic phrase that dispells all criticism.

Tyler Wilson
Tyler Wilson

Indeed

Gabriel Perez
Gabriel Perez

another show that gets shitted on by "sophisticated" anime watchers once it gets popular
Clockwork.

Charles Nguyen
Charles Nguyen

Sup Forums has gone to shit.
Nowadays instead of the good elitism this board had, it's just an empty cesspool of contrarism and negativity just for the sake of it.
I blame facebook for this.

Benjamin Garcia
Benjamin Garcia

Try learning the kanji alphabet then if you're such a genius and learning an alphabet as a motivated adult is so easy.

Landon Cox
Landon Cox

Revealing new information to the audience about the character IS character development, you fucking moron. It isn't limited to just them changing.

Jose Nelson
Jose Nelson

Not that we know of. There are theories that Emilia gains time travel powers and witch powers and goes back in time, but they are mostly unsubstantiated.

Easton Phillips
Easton Phillips

Not him, but if the only character development it had was adding a sad backstory, then yes.

David Thomas
David Thomas

see

Nowhere in the show was it implied that he learned 2000+ new characters.

Eli Parker
Eli Parker

It's the state of the industry in general now. Except the difference is that these pretentious little shits think their opinion actually matters.

Luis Thompson
Luis Thompson

Your waifu is dead
Emilia left you
Ram is being Ntr'd by clown cock
Beatrice is the daughter of your worst enemy
Everyone has a lover except you.
The world is literally out to kill you

Definitely. It's definitely your usual NEET fantasy.

Jeremiah Gutierrez
Jeremiah Gutierrez

This sure turned out to be disappointing. He could have picked a more attractive and less annoying girl to die in a timeloop over, Emilia sucks.

Jonathan Gray
Jonathan Gray

So, Eva is shit?

James Long
James Long

I usually frequent the night re:zero threads

a lot more posters but a lot less shitposting

Samuel Bell
Samuel Bell

Would you rather:

1. Die horribly 1000 times to be with EMT

2. Go gay for Reinhard

Choose carefully.

William Green
William Green

see

For motivated adults it's pretty easy to learn an alphabet, unless it's kanji.
unless it's kanji

Parker Rodriguez
Parker Rodriguez

What else should I have taken away? You're shitting on something that's been used for thousands of years for character development.

Xavier Ramirez
Xavier Ramirez

That's not Boku no Hero Academia

Ryan Butler
Ryan Butler

Andrew Russell
Andrew Russell

Personally I blame more "scapegoats" that anons point to when they encounter undesirable opinions instead of taking on the opinions head-on.
Also, unoriginal discussions. A lot more people open threads like "This is your x tonight" than long ago.
Back then, people actually know how to post without memespouting.

David Robinson
David Robinson

There's a gorillian sufferings but the MC is loved by a magic space witch and he is determined so everything will be reset/fixed in the end but no one self inserts as him because he suffers a lot!
Sounds like Raildex, which is also shit.

Isaac Rodriguez
Isaac Rodriguez

Steel myself and go with 1 like the idiot I am.

Kayden Watson
Kayden Watson

Eva doesn't drop a sad backstory in the middle that isn't properly foreshadowed or built up by the events in the story, so no it's not shit. It is still wildly overrated, though.

You can either drop all the info at first, or write a shit character and then half way through say "They have X trauma!"
Yup, those are definitely the only two options.

Henry Murphy
Henry Murphy

Are we gonna see the cute serial killer some more?

Justin Perez
Justin Perez

Except it doesn't. She is trying to morph him into the perfect husbando.

Liam Hughes
Liam Hughes

Ram literally told him what he has to do, how can he be this dumb?

Ayden Myers
Ayden Myers

Subaru is very similar to Sanji, except he can't fight his way out of a wet paper bag. Thus, he just ends up being downright painful to watch sometimes. I mean, the latter is painful enough to watch, but at least he makes up for it in other ways. I think if the series didn't take Subaru's wearing his heart on his sleeve so seriously most people would take it a lot better.

I mean, let's be serious. Throwing yourself off a cliff for two girls you barely know is comedy material at best, especially when one of those girls made attempts on your life.

Sebastian Cruz
Sebastian Cruz

desu nothing really stands out as amazing from this season
Everything is just fairly enjoyable. The only thing I've started that was bad enough to drop was the netoge yome one

Logan Mitchell
Logan Mitchell

Also the overuse of greentext and rephrasing things to your convenience, like this guy

Carter Robinson
Carter Robinson

I'd do it.

Dylan White
Dylan White

Thanks for proving my point that it's impossible.

Hudson Edwards
Hudson Edwards

Eva doesn't drop a sad backstory in the middle that isn't properly foreshadowed or built up
It definitely does with all the shit about the scientist and her mother or even Yui but that's besides the point. Eva corresponds to the characteristics you quoted, don't try retconning your argument by adding extra conditions to suit your contrarianism.

Easton Hernandez
Easton Hernandez

How many deaths would Impreza would shave off his record if he accepted the fact that people die when they are killed?

Jackson Collins
Jackson Collins

It doesn't count because I say so!

Jaxon Hill
Jaxon Hill

Yeah, the writer should've dedicated tens of scenes to fleshing out a side character, you should become an anime writer man, you seem like a pro.

Ayden Walker
Ayden Walker

The writing is, indeed, objectively shit but I do love timelines shenaningans too much to bother

It is like playing a VN getting dead ends after dead ends until you get the right flag

James Lopez
James Lopez

It definitely does
It definitely does not.

don't try retconning your argument by adding extra conditions
Read the thread, I didn't retcon anything, you idiot.

contrarianism
Anyone who uses this word to cry about people not liking shit they like is literally retarded. It's the ultimate admission that you have absolutely fucking nothing of worth to say and just want to whine.

Jayden Mitchell
Jayden Mitchell

Well, I suppose someone has to do it. I'll be here to pity your folly.

David Powell
David Powell

The writing is objectively shit but it panders to me so I enjoy the popcorn entertainment and watch it for X device used
Very (and only) good answer as to why you would like this show. Nothing wrong with liking it, only those who are pretending it's well written with good characterization.

Ethan Brooks
Ethan Brooks

Implying it isn't

Fuck off with your SAO clone.

Oliver Ross
Oliver Ross

Literally proving my point.

Colton Gutierrez
Colton Gutierrez

2. Reinhard has a blessing that makes him the perfect waifu and can train be to be a hero. He also has a blessing for perfect blowjob skills and the tightest butt.

Brandon Rivera
Brandon Rivera

Actually, you don't have a point. Mental gymnastics and cognitive dissonance are points, no matter how desperately you pretend they are.

Liam Jackson
Liam Jackson

anime completely doesn't try to have a plot
/a/ will find another reason to like it, be it the "moe" girls or the cool fights or fun characters
anime tries to make a plot, regardless of it being good or bad Sup Forums collectively finds every way to rip it apart
Now we're back to the good old days.

Hudson Sanders
Hudson Sanders

English, por favor.

Jason Nelson
Jason Nelson

regardless of it being good or bad
Bull fucking shit

Benjamin Foster
Benjamin Foster

Fujo Saitama is the only reason why I watch this show. Does that make me gay?

Jordan Rogers
Jordan Rogers

mention of "cognitive dissonance" in an re:zero thread
same butthurt user everytime

Joshua Lewis
Joshua Lewis

I'm so fucking glad I didn't have a shit English teacher like the miserable cunts who pick apart everything in a unique and entertaining show because their teachers taught them to think that way.

Jacob Hall
Jacob Hall

SOMEBODY SCREENSHOT THIS INSANE BTFO LOL

Camden Smith
Camden Smith

aren't*
Sorry amigo, typo.

Kayden Nguyen
Kayden Nguyen

What?

Henry Cook
Henry Cook

Everyne who calls me stupid is one guy!
A special kind of stupid.

I'm glad I have no critical thinking skills
Sounds rough.

Nolan Evans
Nolan Evans

Not at all.

So far all of the boys we know of are better than the girls, and most of them are just as pretty too.

Lucas Phillips
Lucas Phillips

Just imagine the faggots claiming shock value when the death comes later this season.

Samuel Gomez
Samuel Gomez

"""""""people"""""""""'

Fuck off back to /tv/ you cancerous crossboarder piece of shit.

Nathan Bennett
Nathan Bennett

Not that user but are you telling me you look for what's wrong with a story when you watch/read it? That sounds like an awful way to get through life.

Christopher Cruz
Christopher Cruz

more like
I'm glad I didn't have my ability to enjoy media that doesn't fit the rules my teacher engrained in me completely stripped away from me

Isaiah Fisher
Isaiah Fisher

No, I look at what's there and why it's there.

You poor, poor idiot.

Wyatt Nelson
Wyatt Nelson

you forgot to mention "cognitive dissonance" kid

Jason Carter
Jason Carter

I dunno what the hell is happening.
fucking dropped.

Levi Walker
Levi Walker

As long as it doesn't hinder your ability to enjoy something, that's fine. Not to be confused with acceptance of shitty things though. I guess that's all subjective though in the end.

Carter Fisher
Carter Fisher

I'd rather have an English major think I'm an idiot than have no ability to enjoy things.

Gabriel Murphy
Gabriel Murphy

It's not love, it's platonic, the translation is incorrect.

Julian Perez
Julian Perez

How retarded can you be?

Xavier Roberts
Xavier Roberts

There are always standards used to judge writing.

That aside, no, it doesn't hinder my ability to watch and enjoy things. I'm watching and enjoying 15 shows this season. This is just crap.

Biochemist. It's telling that you think anyone who doesn't gobble up shit is an English major.

Jaxon Russell
Jaxon Russell

I could smoke a pound of bath salts and I still wouldn't even be approaching how stupid you are.

Isaiah Sanders
Isaiah Sanders

Pseudo intellectuals tend to be English majors in my experience.

That aside, no, it doesn't hinder my ability to watch and enjoy things. I'm watching and enjoying 15 shows this season. This is just crap.

but i'm not a contrarian guys! it's not just because this is popular!!!!

Grayson Barnes
Grayson Barnes

You know everytime you greentext you put an exaclamation mark at the end? It's fairly easy to tell you apart

Joshua Robinson
Joshua Robinson

Are people really defending subarus character and trying to say he's deep? Even subarus boice actor said hes not really a well written character or anything but that he's funny and that's why he likes him.

Michael Sanchez
Michael Sanchez

i'm retarded and have no argument!

Oliver Long
Oliver Long

Nobody has said that. Also you should improve your grammar and ortography.

Christopher Gomez
Christopher Gomez

Pseudo-intellectual
No, you're just an idiot. Let me give you an example. You claim I'm a contrarian. I said I like 15 shows. By your logic, not one of those shows is popular, because my criteria is "things that are popular are shit." Go ahead and name 15 unpopular shows this season. If you can't, you're logic falls apart and you're retarded.

This is why anyone who uses the phrase "contrarian" should be permabanned. Only fucking retards use it.

There's only one guy who puts exclamation marks at the end of greentext when he's paraphrasing so show what an idiot the person he's quoting is!
God fucking damnit you LNfags are stupid.

Josiah Thompson
Josiah Thompson

Not sure about the anons but I'm not trying to say he's the best written character. But a character doesn't have be "deep" to be a good or likable character. Anyone who suggests otherwise is being pretentious.

Michael Long
Michael Long

Subaru is very fucking shallow, this is why I don't understand why there's people having a hard time understanding his character and need to be explained everything. Subaru haters are amazingly retarded.

Jacob Lee
Jacob Lee

People are just searching for reasons to shit on this? i mean isnt the best written plot and mc is a retard but the show doesnt need to be a 10/10 so you can onjoy the plot or at least be fun to watch.

I'm watching and enjoying 15 shows this season.

Then you just have shit taste, im watching like 10-12 shows this season and re:zero is at least in the middle. Mayoiga, kiznaivers and big order for example are way worse than this.

Luke Jackson
Luke Jackson

If you're watching 15 shows this season you either have massive levels of cognitive dissonance or you're a contrarian.

Samuel Nelson
Samuel Nelson

Mayoiga is a trainwreck on purpose. It's a campy "kill 'em all" type horror show that isn't meant to be taken even remotely seriously. The fact that it succeeds at being stupid makes it leagues better than this.

I hope you don't think that comment was at all clever.

Now that you can't name 15 unpopular shows this season, we've established that you are indeed a fucking retard. Next time don't use stupid words that don't apply to the conversation.

Levi Brown
Levi Brown

Funny seeing as nobody is as stupid as you.

Anthony Perry
Anthony Perry

More like
Hey you're a stranger standing in front of my house covered from head to toe in blood so I must not attempt to kill you for no reason

Mason Reed
Mason Reed

you can enjoy the plot
One death is a shock.
Two deaths are a disappointment.
Three deaths are a sleepover.

Mason Reed
Mason Reed

Mayoiga
better than anything
That's all I needed to see. I understand now.

Easton Cruz
Easton Cruz

your retarded

Ayden Gonzalez
Ayden Gonzalez

Now that you can't name 15 unpopular shows this season, we've established that you are indeed a fucking retard.
I could easily do it, I just don't want to humour you.

Next time don't use stupid words that don't apply to the conversation.
How isn't this cognitive dissonance? You're shitting on this for having bad writing but are watching 15 shows this season.

Mayoiga is a trainwreck on purpose.
I-i-it's bad on p-purpose guys!!

This is what Mari Okada fans actually believe

Benjamin Howard
Benjamin Howard

You should stop reading LN and read something else then. Read Eragon or Inferno or Tom Clancy or whatever shit that floats your boat if you hate LN tropes that much.

Blake Taylor
Blake Taylor

Is so shit that is good

I can understand this kind of thinking but it doesnt make the show less bad in the end.

Tyler Smith
Tyler Smith

what is PTSD

Levi Edwards
Levi Edwards

Great retort.

It's a comedy show, if you can't see that then you're blind.

Right back at you.

I could easily do it, I just don't want to humour you.
Sure, if that's what it takes to fool yourself.

This is what Mari Okada fans actually believe
Okada is quite possibly the worst writer in the industry. Her characters and dialog are the worst thing ever. Mayoiga is good because the director is a genius and is doing us the service of killing them all in hilarious ways.

You should stop reading LN and read something else then
No all LNs are battle haremshit or isekai shit. There are plenty of good LNs. It's just that only the shit ones get translated because they're easier for people who barely read moon to pretend they understand.

If it's meant to be a comedy and not serious, then it's good.

Nicholas Roberts
Nicholas Roberts

Do you seriously think Okada meant to write Mayoiga to be a comedy?

Ryan Foster
Ryan Foster

I'd do it too desu

as long as I get return by death all I have to do is not fear death

Hudson Carter
Hudson Carter

A very shitty and overused contrivance in poorly written LNs.

Julian Jackson
Julian Jackson

sperging out this hard having to reply to everyone who disagrees with him
everyone take a close look this is what autism looks like

Jordan Brooks
Jordan Brooks

sup mr. cognitive dissonance san

Nathaniel Flores
Nathaniel Flores

If it's meant to be a comedy and not serious, then it's good.

But its not though is just so bad that people is having fun for how bad it is

Andrew Ward
Andrew Ward

it's bad because i don't like it
nice
very nice

Nolan Watson
Nolan Watson

No, the director is just making use of her shit writing.

Joshua Hughes
Joshua Hughes

Same autist baiting every fucking thread
Anons are still replying
What the fuck are you guys doing?

Brayden Lewis
Brayden Lewis

cant really have discussions about speculah with lnfags rampantly spoiling shit

so the only thing to actually discuss is shitposting

amazing what lnfags do to threads

Sebastian Flores
Sebastian Flores

After all the pseudo intellectual spouting you end up saying this kind of shit, amazing.

Anthony King
Anthony King

But its not though is just so bad that people is having fun for how bad it is
No, there's no fucking way anyone made that show seriously.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page