So, I have successfully calculated the thermodynamics of Haruhi

Chase Adams
Chase Adams

So, I have successfully calculated the thermodynamics of Haruhi:

http://mathb.in/61200?key=2520d184f21a84572f0376341f9221ab14fa4281

Yes, I probably am insane, especially since I've spent at least six hours on this.

Someone, anyone, help me, please.

All urls found in this thread:
http://mathb.in/61200?key=2520d184f21a84572f0376341f9221ab14fa4281
http://www.physik.uni-kl.de/eggert/papers/raoul.pdf
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy_in_thermodynamics_and_information_theory
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wightman_axioms#W3_.28local_commutativity_or_microscopic_causality.29
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-communication_theorem
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachyonic_antitelephone
https://desustorage.org/_/search/tripcode/%20!!SSXdvR3LCoa/
http://healthandwellness.bluecrossmn.com/InteractiveTools/Calculators/41,ChildBMICalc?ChildBMICalc_Parameters=f,16,0,5,2,97
Josiah Collins
Josiah Collins

I dont understand your work here but I appreciate it for adding an extra layer to haruhi

Eli Wright
Eli Wright

No one cares nerd.

Noah Garcia
Noah Garcia

Now calculate the velocity of Haruhi's boob jiggle.

Easton King
Easton King

So thats what math students do while other people get laid.

Mason Thomas
Mason Thomas

Translate those runes to English for non-nerds such as myself.

Leo Carter
Leo Carter

300k starting gets you laid.

Carson King
Carson King

nerd
You say that like it's an insult or something.

Dylan Nelson
Dylan Nelson

Good job. In the meanwhile, she successfully calculated your penis size.

Ayden Turner
Ayden Turner

I'll take your word for it.

Logan Sanders
Logan Sanders

REKT

Aaron Powell
Aaron Powell

Calculate the chance of season 3 in our lifetimes.

Nathan Moore
Nathan Moore

Haruhi generated enough heat in the making of the SOS Brigade logo to warm herself by about six hundred millionths of a degree.

I could probably do that by looking at the historical times between seasons and therefore put the show in a percentile. I could also go by ratings.

Noah Ramirez
Noah Ramirez

mfw chemist master race
mfw I understand this

Adrian Carter
Adrian Carter

Consider that she would have to first be in a position to OBSERVE my penis size, I'd say that'd be a lot closer to a woman than you'll ever get.

David Anderson
David Anderson

I want to appreciably warm her

Joshua Powell
Joshua Powell

You're fucking dumb.
God, I hate this popsci garbage, because at best it's fucking useless and at worst it's plain wrong.
You're somewhere in the middle.

That's physics, though.
Where rigor doesn't mean shit.

Jacob Torres
Jacob Torres

Do it. Crush what little hope I have left.

Ian Davis
Ian Davis

generating information=entropy
Doesn't it only work in communication theories though? I don't think that's physical stuff

Evan Anderson
Evan Anderson

Where rigor doesn't mean shit.
Nigger, everything there not only logically derives from its premises, but all of those premises are properly cited. The idea that information has heat content is a necessary consequence of the Second Law of Thermodynamics, as deduced by Landauer in the 1960s.

How's THAT for rigor, bitch?

Xavier Hughes
Xavier Hughes

Haruhi warms my heart a lot more than that.

Gabriel Long
Gabriel Long

reminder to filter this autist

Justin Cox
Justin Cox

OP, if you're so smart, answer me this:
Which God would win in a bitchfight, Haruhi or Lain?

Justin Price
Justin Price

information has heat content
what
I'm not a pro in communication theory but the way I understand it, we represent information as entropy to be able to measure how much information/entropy one symbol (in a given am) transports so we can tell whether the alphabet is optimal or if we can make it better. So nothing physical, right?

Jose Peterson
Jose Peterson

How much radiation did Lain absorb sitting in front of those CRT monitors for so long?

Tyler Cooper
Tyler Cooper

in a given alphabet/code*

Wyatt Allen
Wyatt Allen

Not enough to get a tan apparently

Josiah King
Josiah King

I'm afraid nobody cares about Haruhi now

Leo Stewart
Leo Stewart

No, information has a physical existence. Energy must be used to create it, and heat is given off when it's deleted. This heat is in theory very small, hence why the heat of creating even something so massive as to be the equivalent of 85 Libraries of Congress is so miniscule. In practice, computers are inefficent, and thus generate so much heat all the time.
Haruhi is unaware of her powers, whereas Lain is.

Jordan Jackson
Jordan Jackson

Holy shit, fuck off to your high school's computer lab or something, you insufferable faggot.

Noah Hall
Noah Hall

500+ posts everytime a dumb artwork makes people think S3 might exist

You're talking about the energy used to power the machines that stock the information, not the information itself.
See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy_(information_theory)
"In this context, entropy (more specifically, Shannon entropy) is the expected value (average) of the information contained in each message. "

Entropy in this context means amount of information, I don't think it translates to J/KJ here

Logan Gray
Logan Gray

No, the connection has even been experimentally verified:
http://www.physik.uni-kl.de/eggert/papers/raoul.pdf

For an overview, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy_in_thermodynamics_and_information_theory

Daniel Ramirez
Daniel Ramirez

information exists independently of the physical system that you refer to with energy units, that's why it can travel with speeds greater than the speed of light

Eli Flores
Eli Flores

what the fuck
you learn something everyday I guess

Jason Butler
Jason Butler

That doesn't even make sense, if she could observe it directly she'd just measure it. She has to calculate because it's invisible to the naked eye.

Nicholas Foster
Nicholas Foster

Haruhi is unaware of her powers, whereas Lain is.
That's true, but Haruhi's powers don't require her conscious control to be destructive. If there's anything the series+movie has thought us, it's that. And Lain's powers are still based on technology, which makes them rooted in reality, the same reality that Haruhi is capable of warping. So I guess Lain could have the upper hand if she's able to create some kind of "reality fog", similar to Haruhi's "closed space", and confuse her opponent enough to prevent her from intuitively focusing her anger on the foundations of Lain's existance. But if there's only one lapse of judgement, and Haruhi gets pissed enough to break the boundaries of time and space, it's all over for the Wired girl.
My money is on Haruhi. Lain doesn't appear to be mentally strong enough to isolate the negativity from her adversary and prevent it to be used against her.

Zachary Morgan
Zachary Morgan

No, information cannot travel faster than the speed of light either, at least, not unless matter and energy can too. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wightman_axioms#W3_.28local_commutativity_or_microscopic_causality.29 and the more specific example of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-communication_theorem for details. Otherwise, the relativity of simultaneity would allow you to violate causality, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachyonic_antitelephone for an explanation.

Aaron Davis
Aaron Davis

Yes, I probably am insane, especially since I've spent at least six hours on this.
six hours

Fuck off faggot, that's nothing.

Luis Sanders
Luis Sanders

Also, later Haruhi doesn't have the consciousness problem. She can fuck your shit up without that.

Kayden Hernandez
Kayden Hernandez

the thread of this retarded and cancerous tripfag was slowly dying without any reply but there is always one faggot to fuck up everything
For fuck's sake.

Brayden Butler
Brayden Butler

How did it take you so long? It's not a hard calculation.

How about we consider her to be a quantum ensemble, and find her maximum degree of mixing, and current purity?

Grayson Davis
Grayson Davis

You do know that you just do a phenomenological strand of quantum, right?

Ian Lopez
Ian Lopez

Well, first hour was spent on research, then the next ~1-2 hours were spent trying to find and set up a decent CAS environment on Linux, until I said "fuck it" and rebooted into Windows to use Mathematica, then I spent about an hour running the calculations, then the rest of the time as I was writing out the explanation, I kept catching errors and had to redo all my calculations and then correcting the text.

I also ended up doing a lot of calculations that turned out to be superfluous, like trying to determine the average molar mass of a human.

Jeremiah Moore
Jeremiah Moore

Kill yourself retarded tripshit.

Ayden Price
Ayden Price

Ah okay, makes some sense. After your posting in the Pleiades threads I had just assumed you had the knowledge to hand.

I'll see if I can do the purity calculation. I think we all want to know of Haruhi is a pure state.

Josiah Gonzalez
Josiah Gonzalez

If that's all you want to know, then I can tell you the answer is no. The Von Neumann entropy for a pure state is always zero, while for mixed states it's positive. Since the Von Neumann entropy is classically equivalent to the Shannon entropy, and as demonstrated above, that is equivalent to the Gibbs (thermodynamic) entropy, Haruhi must definitely be in a mixed state. Q.E.D.

Jack Ward
Jack Ward

So, while Harhui's attempt at SEO may generate an impressive amount of data, it's not enough to appreciably warm her, or for that matter, her soba noodles.
I have 2 objections to this idea.

1) You only calculated the amount of heat generated by the information itself. The energy needed for whatever process Haruhi used to create the logo probably uses much larger amounts of energy from elsewhere. Haruhi being a "god" also means that you can't necessarily count the universe as a closed system, since she can pull energy from outside their universe (I think Koizumi's explanation of closed space mentioned something like this)

2) The SOS brigade logo was just one relatively very small act. We haven't actually seen the extent of her powers yet, but we know it's much more than that (and we know from Disappearance that it's at least strong enough to rewrite the entire course of time).

Brayden Sanchez
Brayden Sanchez

That's why at the start I said it was a minimum bound. It's just like how Randall Munroe used the X-Wing lifting scene to calculate Yoda's power output. We know he's probably capable of much bigger things, but since that action was the easiest to make a calculation for, we can use it as a lower bound to his capabilities.

Brandon Perry
Brandon Perry

300k starting
it's always funny when kids believe this

Charles Allen
Charles Allen

Yeah, I don't know where he got that one from either, unless he means Yen or something.

Charles Davis
Charles Davis

phd in mathematics
any job I want
300k starting pay
smug_man_counting_money.jpg

Nathan Wood
Nathan Wood

You know the drill. Pics or it didn't happen.

Zachary Sanchez
Zachary Sanchez

This
300k starting
is an American meme right?

It's pretty stupid.

Logan Morales
Logan Morales

If it's a meme, it's a new one to me. I see math PhDs on /sci/ sperging out all the time about how they can't get a job. I know he thinks he's a special snowflake, but considering that it's May, he probably is only now just graduating, and it will take him a few months before reality gives him a good, hard kick in the head.

Benjamin Jenkins
Benjamin Jenkins

Just fuck off and stop parading your new around.

James Barnes
James Barnes

Come on OP, finals are over, how much of a fag are you?

Ayden Bailey
Ayden Bailey

did they fuck?

David Nguyen
David Nguyen

Implying it's not true
Implying I don't have a PhD in mathematics
Implying I didn't get my first job this year starting at 300k/year

Benjamin Sullivan
Benjamin Sullivan

What? The NSA is begging for math/compsci people because of ~snowden kun~, so if you are American you can work for those 2spooky4me people. I was looking into them for the maintenance side (someone has to fix the computers)

Kevin Hall
Kevin Hall

Not a math major, but I wouldn't work for them even if they were the last employer on Earth. Nothing good can possibly come out of that agency.

And still, whoever told you that you could make 300k right out of the gate has buisiness giving advice to anyone.

Charles Myers
Charles Myers

*has no buisiness
derp

Bentley Jackson
Bentley Jackson

that's just unrealistic

there's no way Haruhi weighs less than my 4'13" gf

Jaxon Phillips
Jaxon Phillips

Of course, I was more interested in whether we could extrapolate something more. Finding out how pure she is is just a matter of degrees of freedom, but as it's thermodynamic trc(rho²) can effectively go to 0, and Haruhi probably has infinitesimal purity.

I tried a few fun things, but most interesting things will take too many assumptions to result in an entertaining result. One could view Haruhi as a large (but not infinite) thermal quantum bath, and then the SoS brigade (beside her) as a coherent ensemble. From which we might determine Haruhi's purity within the SoS brigade. That's the only thing I could come up with.

Nathan Gutierrez
Nathan Gutierrez

I'm not sure what the US is like, but over here in britbong the MoD are moderately irritating to work with, and GCHQ is a downright pain. They take the assumption that you're a civil servant, and inherently give a fuck about their agenda.

Jayden Lee
Jayden Lee

Dude, she's like, 14. What the hell are you dating, a loli?

Zachary Diaz
Zachary Diaz

kissanime

Christopher Morales
Christopher Morales

She's a first-year high school student.

Lincoln Torres
Lincoln Torres

Hey you! marry me you nerd. We can watch some Haruhi n'shit

Matthew Parker
Matthew Parker

Do you prefer geek or nerd?

Tyler Moore
Tyler Moore

You mean 5'1'?

15, depending on the birthday, around that age.

Luke Cruz
Luke Cruz

yeah? that was kinda implied

Ethan Lewis
Ethan Lewis

Ok, 15. I forgot that a JP 1st year HS is equivalent to a US HS sophmore.

Bentley Collins
Bentley Collins

You have to have turned 6 to enroll in school in Japan, so all first-year high school students are 15 until their birthday (October 8 in Haruhi's case)

James Reyes
James Reyes

Fun fact: Yui from Yuru Yuri would be a high school freshman in the United States.

Jacob Miller
Jacob Miller

I'm a 5'11" male and weigh only 1 kilogram more than Haruhi AMA

Daniel Powell
Daniel Powell

yeah 5'1, the 4'13 is a joke from fit

if you shaved all the hair off your body do you think you'd lose the kg?

Ryder Parker
Ryder Parker

I actually can totally imagine that. Sounds about right, even.

Jordan Jones
Jordan Jones

Oh yeah I know. Chemistry is just applied physics, physics is just applied maths blah blah blah

Nicholas Flores
Nicholas Flores

AMA
/reddit/

Gavin Watson
Gavin Watson

45kg
5'11

Does the wind ever make you topple over and fall?

Jaxson Lee
Jaxson Lee

Lain is good.
but Haibane renmei is sunobbery and has no ending. It is faultry.

Christian Anderson
Christian Anderson

tfw shit at math

Christopher Collins
Christopher Collins

You just need to spend some time to get basic reasoning principles then you'll find everything easier

Carson Reyes
Carson Reyes

I hate when that happens. Fucking newfags these days don't know when/how to sage.

Cameron Murphy
Cameron Murphy

What a cringeworthy autist. He should probably kill himself.

Aiden Russell
Aiden Russell

This retarded tripfag gets notifications and will reply to any thread you sage even if its on page 10 I learned that the hard way. Don't make the same mistakes I did

Anthony Ward
Anthony Ward

Doesn't replying to your own thread not bump it? I thought that was a thing that was implemented recently (maybe while moot was still here).

Sebastian Hill
Sebastian Hill

I thought so too. Maybe he started a thread on his school internet and replied too it at home or something. He needs to be permabanned or kill himself. He is approaching his 5000th shitpost https://desustorage.org/_/search/tripcode/%20!!SSXdvR3LCoa/

Benjamin Kelly
Benjamin Kelly

Congratulations

Brody Adams
Brody Adams

They tried.

Adrian Sullivan
Adrian Sullivan

The NSA is part of the military establishment. It's not about their agenda, it's about their orders. The less you care about their agenda, the better for them. They like mindless sheep.

Jonathan Jones
Jonathan Jones

In the LN's version of Remote Island Syndrome, everyone all got drunk, and it's heavily implied that Haruhi and Kyon had sex.

Carson Bailey
Carson Bailey

Definitely wasn't sex. Probably was something less than a kiss

Carter Diaz
Carter Diaz

derp_commander still posts on Sup Forums

It's the end bros. hold me.

Kevin Morgan
Kevin Morgan

Remind me to read the LNs.

Jacob James
Jacob James

Underneath it all, Haruhi's still just a bored teenager. It'd be silly to think she hasn't tried all the "stuff bored teenagers do" at least once. She's probably sampled the entire medicine cabinet too. It's just that none of that satisfies her.

Robert Scott
Robert Scott

name is fucking derp_commander
sage

Gabriel Morris
Gabriel Morris

If they fucked that night it'd have incidence on the plot and would have been referenced later. They didn't. At most they touched each other awkwardly for a bit and forgot it/brushed it off.

Robert Parker
Robert Parker

Maybe they were to drunk to remember that it happened?

Plus, given Haruhi's reality overwriting powers, if she woke up and thought, "I hope to God I didn't do last night what I think I did", she'd probably manage to alter the past so that she didn't.

Austin Wilson
Austin Wilson

You can brush off a smooch or touching, but not sex.
They could've had sex and Haruhi could've erased everything about it, but it's never said so it gets Ockham'd. It didn't happen.

Ethan Morgan
Ethan Morgan

Or maybe it would enshrine that she did if that's what she thought took place.

Dominic Williams
Dominic Williams

Ockham's razor doesn't apply to fiction, especially not when the subject is Haruhi. Parsimony doesn't sell books.

Michael Parker
Michael Parker

It's not just Ockham, everything in their relationship suggest that they didn't do that kind of stuff. It doesn't fit with their characters of the tone of the story. It's just random "oh by the way they had sex drunk" hamfisted into a much more subtle and well-thought romance.

Christopher Watson
Christopher Watson

Her powers revolve around what she wants, not what she believes. It's established that she doesn't actually believe ENs are real, but since she wants them to be real, they are anyway.
It's also possible that they just did a regular "Let us never speak of this again" off-camera.

Grayson Long
Grayson Long

this entire thread

David Watson
David Watson

She's probably sampled the entire medicine cabinet too
I find the thought of Haruhi on any sort of drug to be absolutely terrifying.

Jack Brooks
Jack Brooks

It really would be the end of the world in short and horrifying order. And that's before you start worrying about her power.

Asher Cook
Asher Cook

So it doesn't start with an earthquake, birds and snakes.

It starts with a teenage girl and some cheap weed.

Wonderful.

John Moore
John Moore

I'm a medical student so I don't have much for physics intuition but I'm very surprise that so much data produced so little heat.

Either way, best waifu.

Luke Long
Luke Long

Like it or not she does seem to be the alpha and the omega.

Dylan Long
Dylan Long

I am so glad that the God of our universe is a slightly detached, completely rational and omniscient non-human being. I don't think I could go to sleep at night knowing that I could suddenly wake up to an alien invasion because some little Japanese girl went to see the latest sci-fi movie.

Gabriel Jones
Gabriel Jones

The Christian concept of God is kind of a dick, you know. At least she doesn't mean it when she does something horrific.

Ryan Cooper
Ryan Cooper

I think it's an acceptable tradeoff. I don't care whether she means it or not, I care about the outcome.

Caleb Baker
Caleb Baker

It generally ends well enough.

Xavier Baker
Xavier Baker

That's like saying base jumping isn't dangerous because it hasn't killed you yet. I mean, hell, what would happen if she got hit by a Japanese truck or something? Would the whole universe cease to exist, right then and there?

Jose Wood
Jose Wood

What if God was hit by a truck
This franchise offers some interesting questions.

Samuel Thomas
Samuel Thomas

I want Haruhi to bounce ontop of my bed.

Ian Moore
Ian Moore

She'd would have to want to be hit by the truck first though right?

Jace Price
Jace Price

I want Haruhi to bounce ontop of my dick.

Aaron Sullivan
Aaron Sullivan

I haven't been on Sup Forums for more than 2 years: The Post
And take off that trip. It's not relevant to the thread.

Justin Allen
Justin Allen

No? While it's stated that what Haruhi wants, Haruhi gets is true, the converse is not. Things happen to her by default, because the universe already exists and continues to function. She warps reality, but she does not create it.

That's why I would not describe her as "God". She might be "a god" (kami), but she doesn't fit the role of a singular, monotheistic entity.

Julian Nguyen
Julian Nguyen

I reckon she's close enough to call her God.

Levi Clark
Levi Clark

Either way she can be the God of my dick any day. Really though it's amazing how much nostalgia can affect your taste. Haruhi is objectively not as hot as recent KyoAni girls but I still think she is.

Adrian Cooper
Adrian Cooper

I watched the show for the first time recently and I reckon she's still exceptionally hot. Not in the same way that the current KyoAni girls are but she's still exceptionally high tier.

Easton Stewart
Easton Stewart

objectively not as hot
Nigga what? Attractiveness is inherently subjective. The only way to get a pseudo-objective assessment is to shotgun a large survey and then try to statistically assign a ranking from the results.

I, personally, think she's attractive, and I actually kinda like her personality too. I'm a man of science, but I respect the search for truth, and I love that spunk and energy about her.

She's not my waifu though. That spot in my heart is already taken.

Blake Hall
Blake Hall

Her mouth always feels slightly too high. It works with the way that they animate her talking but it looks a little weird in some scenes.

Oliver Carter
Oliver Carter

That's good to hear and nice taste user. It's weird thinking of people who are just recently watching the show but I'm much more so glad that it is still talked about and suggested enough that new people to the franchise still watch it. Back in 2006, Haruhi was the first anime I watched that wasn't Toonami so it naturally become my all time favorite with my all time favorite girl.

Kevin Bell
Kevin Bell

True but it's just that I realize how bias I am towards her but bias or not like you said, if beauty is in the eye of the beholder then she's the best.

So then I'm curious, who is your waifu? Is she 2D or 3D?

Brody Barnes
Brody Barnes

i wish you would just fucking kill yourself already

Jordan Sanders
Jordan Sanders

Someone else referred to Haruhi as the beating heart of Sup Forums. I think there's a lot of self-insert wish fulfillment going on, but not in a bad way. She's a weird, very intelligent girl that nobody seems to like, she's never satisfied with the ordinary, and yet the universe literally is at her command.
Ryuko Matoi

Jack Martin
Jack Martin

This threesome is one of my best and most satisfying fantasies ever.

Eli Rodriguez
Eli Rodriguez

I ain't going anywhere, famalam.
Ummm... ok?

Ryder Bell
Ryder Bell

Well they're sure as hell a better combination.
I've never gotten clumsy vulnerable moe. It just annoys me.

Carson Rogers
Carson Rogers

bed
not face
/sci/

Asher Rogers
Asher Rogers

I'll be the first to admit I took the self insert wish fulfillment to the extreme. I found that over the years my personality become more and more like hers as I grew older. It could just be coincidence but the idea that a childhood crush on a 2D girl could mold someone's personality so majorly intrigues me.

Also your waifu has a good sense of fashion.

Aiden Watson
Aiden Watson

That's the spirit.

Adrian Allen
Adrian Allen

The only canonical information on Haruhi's weight comes from a trivia card in the game The Perplexity of Haruhi Suzumiya, which lists it as 44kg

Anorexic.

How does she even have tits that the anime depicts her having?

Parker Adams
Parker Adams

She probably manipulates the data to get a different reading on the scale.

Easton Brooks
Easton Brooks

I'd let her manipulate my data, if you know what I mean.

Alexander Sanchez
Alexander Sanchez

How about its a bad show no matter how many references to science they dump into the peripheral exposition so that there's vaguely something to do plotwise?

I'll never understand you people who think Haruhi is some kind of dense Real Hard Science Show and that any of this crap matters.

Its just a gimmicky romantic comedy that's neither funny, nor romantic because the characters suck.

Jesus.

Blake Torres
Blake Torres

Did you mistake this for a Steins;Gate thread?

Nolan Martin
Nolan Martin

At 5'2 it's not that outrageous. The japanese are weird with their character weights overall though. I remember seeing the bio info from a character from Terra Formers. He was near 6ft and extremely buff, easily over 200lbs if not more, yet they listed him as 160lbs.

Nolan Walker
Nolan Walker

If we were talking about an adult, you'd probably be right. But since she's a 16 year old female, she's actually of a healthy weight:
http://healthandwellness.bluecrossmn.com/InteractiveTools/Calculators/41,ChildBMICalc?ChildBMICalc_Parameters=f,16,0,5,2,97

Asher Cox
Asher Cox

No.

Luke Moore
Luke Moore

Are you completely lacking a sense of humor?

Ayden Brooks
Ayden Brooks

I don't agree with your calculation for configurational entropy using Boltzmann's entropy rule.

You need to input the number of states, not the amount of bits. Every bit has a state of being 1 or 0 so for 1 bit there is 2^1 configuration. 2 bits imply total of 2^2 configuration. You may choose to divide by N! if the bits are indistinguishable. So the number of states in the SOS brigade logo is in fact: S = Kb ln (2^(436*8e15)/436*8e15 !)

Haven't looked at the rest of your theory. I think it's time you revisit statistical mechanics. May i suggest Pathria.

Benjamin Garcia
Benjamin Garcia

Implying I have the money for yet another textbook
No, ln(W) is equivalent to the quantity of information measured in nats (base e). In the calculations I converted the data size to nats and then multiplied it by k_B. If I had substituted directly into W, you'd have a point, but instead I substituted into ln(W), which is a quantity of data, not a number of states.

Dominic Smith
Dominic Smith

Get a job.

Joshua Turner
Joshua Turner

Trust me, I'm working on it.

Would you like to be a reference for me?

Hunter Nelson
Hunter Nelson

Trust me, I'm working on it.

You're obviously aiming too high. What are you even doing?

Jeremiah Bailey
Jeremiah Bailey

To quote Mikuru Asahina:
"I'm afraid that's classified."

Adam Gray
Adam Gray

converted the data size to nats and then multiplied it by k_B
That certainly would give you reasonable value to calculate with.
This was one of those rare occasions I was on Sup Forums and I saw something relate to my field. Had to contribute something
paying for textbook
Library genesis is your friend

Jason Cox
Jason Cox

If you tapped that you'd speak of that again.

Kevin Sullivan
Kevin Sullivan

Fucking kill yourself

Alexander White
Alexander White

You'd be amazed by what things can have a significant impact on a person.

Camden Hernandez
Camden Hernandez

Do you officially become part of the military, though? There's a very clear distinction between military personnel and civil servants in the UK - an MoD scientist of rank and order is very different to a scientist working under a civil service branch.

Bentley Carter
Bentley Carter

No, but the culture is similar for most intelligence agencies.

Carson Rogers
Carson Rogers

Which God would win in a bitchfight, Haruhi or Lain?
Lain can control Haruhi's thoughts and perception of reality, so unless Haruhi can unconsciously win through some sort of luck/deus-ex-machina/loophole, it's pretty much a guaranteed win for Lain.

Jeremiah Green
Jeremiah Green

Oh, interesting, sounds like it's a fairly different environment.

No his workings are fine. Although it might be most correct to consider this a lower limit on the entropy of the system, as we have an organised system rather than a random distribution.

Christian Collins
Christian Collins

Upper bound*

Isaiah Sanchez
Isaiah Sanchez

She did go full deus ex machina later

Jacob Taylor
Jacob Taylor

Get a job

Asher Cooper
Asher Cooper

There's not that big of a difference betwen a civillian employee of the military and a soldier. Whether you've taken the oath or not, you're expected to fall in line and serve your country.

Carter Myers
Carter Myers

As far as I understand, entropy is just information measured in nats and multiplied by k_B.

Noah Walker
Noah Walker

I want to fuck a god.

Adam Cooper
Adam Cooper

Get in line.

Jason James
Jason James

Alright, but is the line in chronological or broadcast order?

Cooper Stewart
Cooper Stewart

im such a le nerd xD

Fuck off you fucking nerd. Kill yourself.

Camden Wilson
Camden Wilson

I am now in the line.

Jose Jones
Jose Jones

Just where the hell do you think you are anyway?

Landon Perez
Landon Perez

You browse /sci/ don't you?

Parker Williams
Parker Williams

On rare occasion.

Jacob Hall
Jacob Hall

I'm going to go ahead and say that broadcast order is the way to watch the show. I can see the appeal of chronological but the first season is clearly constructed to be watched in a specific order. I can't imagine how much it would suck to have part six of the main arc six episodes in and have to ride SoL stuff to the end after what a stunning episode it is.

Leo Bennett
Leo Bennett

I'm too dumb to understand this, but appreciate it anyway

Aaron Anderson
Aaron Anderson

found the teenager

Asher Reed
Asher Reed

be math grad
everyone in the faculty is a normie
no one watches anime
had to hide my power level

go visit engineering dept
spergs and unwashed neckbeards everywhere
unable to hold a normal conversation
they go on Sup Forums to post shit like this thinking they're smart
literally exhibiting signs of autism all over the place
mfw

Why the fuck do I even bother coming into this thread?

Colton King
Colton King

It was fucking nothing
6 wasted hours.

Liam Robinson
Liam Robinson

implying there's no difference between actual nerds and "Le I'm so Le Proud to be a le Nerd! Bazinger! xD" nerds.

Gabriel Wilson
Gabriel Wilson

What if it turned out that every maths grad was actually hiding their power level at the same time?

Easton Gomez
Easton Gomez

No they play D&D instead. They think I'm the normie for not play it with them.

Leo James
Leo James

Same.

Jaxon Campbell
Jaxon Campbell

Does anyone have the pic where Haruhi makes plans for istvaan during horus heresy?

Joshua Perez
Joshua Perez

Good. Now can you calculate your level of autism?

Jaxson Sanchez
Jaxson Sanchez

im calling the autism police

Isaac Diaz
Isaac Diaz

Go ahead, call them, I'm already a SEARGENT in the AP.

Hudson Johnson
Hudson Johnson

I love that we have different groups of outcasts that all like to think that they're better than the others. There are so many rules and standards to not fitting in these days, it's unreal.

Thomas White
Thomas White

I swear, we're becoming more and more like the Japanese, where the subcultures and countercultures are now just as conformist as the regular old culture.

Levi Kelly
Levi Kelly

vlc

Chase Roberts
Chase Roberts

You have something against free software?

Noah Price
Noah Price

vlc

Ethan Jones
Ethan Jones

It's different from where I'm from. Although there's less people that watch anime than I've imagined.

Nathaniel Wilson
Nathaniel Wilson

I've always felt that contercultures and such have much more conformist attitudes than the general culture. Really as long as you don't go too extreme, you can get away with plenty of "weird" behavior and taste in the main stream but in places like Sup Forums just simple using

lol

in one of your posts will ostracize you or liking a more mainstream show like bleach. I never hear normal people talking about how people who like Bones instead of Law and Order are casuals. I'm not saying this is bad or not though.

Also here's a happy Haruhi.

Ryan Cox
Ryan Cox

Stop replying to him. See for details why.

Chase Cook
Chase Cook

If this is the kind of person who takes every opportunity to complain about Sup Forums, no wonder shit never actually improves. I don't want to see this guy's ideal Sup Forums.

Jordan Reed
Jordan Reed

He made one retarded post in the past

Like I care. I know I've said embarrassing shit like that when I was new and I'm sure you have as well. He likes Haruhi and I'm enjoying this thread so that's good enough for me.

Jason Baker
Jason Baker

He is probably the person who posts about Sup Forums on /qa/ the most

Owen Nelson
Owen Nelson

No. I lurked and had watched a lot of anime before I ever posted like all the other smart posters. I never have used a tripcode either

Ryder Cooper
Ryder Cooper

I've never ever made a stupid or embarrassing post
Surrrrre.

Ryder Nelson
Ryder Nelson

vlc

Mason Russell
Mason Russell

implying implications

Samuel Jenkins
Samuel Jenkins

I was wondering when the writers would stop picking on her and let her be happy for a change.

Gabriel Hall
Gabriel Hall

replying to one of the most retarded tripfags on Sup Forums

Elijah Carter
Elijah Carter

Spending 6 hours to do a basic statphys calculation

I mean, props for doing it at all, but you should try to speed up a bit.

Robert Stewart
Robert Stewart

Lain is a follower of GHOST IN THE SHELL
Ryusika-ryusika is a follower of YOTUBA&!
Haibane Renmei a follower of Haruki Murakami.
Haibane is snobbish.

Lincoln Walker
Lincoln Walker

As a math undergrad the number of people who read, for instance, Attack on Titan, is surprisingly high.

No-one here really seems to hide any sort of powerlevel (but they don't show it off either, obviously)

Gavin Russell
Gavin Russell

Like I said, I had to keep correcting mistakes.

At one point I had blindly multiplied the entropy by N_A and then divided that by the human molar mass, but that would have been equivalent to saying that Haruhi was emanating 436 petabytes of information *from every molecule in her body*, which would have heated her up to something like 800°C. Then at another point I accidentally divided ln(2) by the amount of data instead of the reverse, which gave me numbers so small that trying to increase the precision to get the right result ate up all of my computer's memory.

So yeah, I'm not an expert in thermodynamics. I just thought I'd challenge myself and take a stab at it.

Jackson Cox
Jackson Cox

I do fertilizer mixing calculations for a living. It's alright.

Charles Hall
Charles Hall

Here, have the Webm version of this.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page